Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Later]

The trail underfoot was faint in places, letting Raynor know that he was on the right track.  This wasn't some over-used tourist trap locale that he was taking Ilana to.  No, this was a special place, somewhere that he'd never known about, and it certainly wasn't advertised in any of the guidebooks.  There were no sex tourists or fat, loud Ferengi where they were going.  He glanced up to the sky, noting the lowering position of the sun.  His timing would have to be fairly close to the mark, or all they were going to get out of this trip was a good leg-stretch.

"Here," he said, holding a branch aside so Ilana could pass.  "It won't be long now, Lana.  I promise."  Raynor reached into her pack as she passed, pulling out a bottle of water.  "Drink?"

Ducking under the branch that Raynor was holding back for her, Ilana stopped a pace or two in front of him to catch her breath. She hadn't been ready for this kind of physical exertion. Medical officers weren't generally held to the same fitness standards as say, a security officer, and she hadn't felt the need to exercise in any kind of strenuous manner in a long time. She could practically hear the blood pounding in her ears, her head throbbing.

Glancing around at the Klingon, she smiled slightly, taking the bottle and swallowing a mouthful. It was a welcome reprieve from trying to keep up with his long stride on somewhat rough terrain.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Ducking under the branch that Raynor was holding back for her, Ilana stopped a pace or two in front of him to catch her breath.  She hadn't been ready for this kind of physical exertion.  Medical officers weren't generally held to the same fitness standards as say, a security officer, and she hadn't felt the need to exercise in any kind of strenuous manner in a long time.  She could practically hear the blood pounding in her ears, her head throbbing.

Glancing around at the Klingon, she smiled slightly, taking the bottle and swallowing a mouthful.  It was a welcome reprieve from trying to keep up with his long stride on somewhat rough terrain.

Raynor watched Ilana as she took he drinks, judging her condition. He frowned a bit, fishing around in his pack and pulling out a tricorder, taking readings. The implant seemed to be doing well with her physical exertion, so that was a good thing.

Flipping the tricorder off, he stuffed it back into the pack. Raynor glanced up the trail, giving the path a considering look. They were very near their destination, but she seemed to be growing tired. "Not long, now," he smiled. "If you want, I can carry you," he offered, slapping his broad shoulders.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor watched Ilana as she took he drinks, judging her condition.  He frowned a bit, fishing around in his pack and pulling out a tricorder, taking readings.  The implant seemed to be doing well with her physical exertion, so that was a good thing.  

Flipping the tricorder off, he stuffed it back into the pack.  Raynor glanced up the trail, giving the path a considering look.  They were very near their destination, but she seemed to be growing tired.  "Not long, now," he smiled.  "If you want, I can carry you," he offered, slapping his broad shoulders.

It was very tempting to slap the tricorder away from her, but Ilana let Raynor scan her for his peace of mind. She took another mouthful of water, casting a glare in his direction as he suggested that he could carry her. He was already carrying most of their supplies. She wasn't about to let him carry her as well.

"I'm fine, Raynor," she replied. "I can walk the rest of the way."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:49 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

It was very tempting to slap the tricorder away from her, but Ilana let Raynor scan her for his peace of mind.  She took another mouthful of water, casting a glare in his direction as he suggested that he could carry her.  He was already carrying most of their supplies.  She wasn't about to let him carry her as well.

"I'm fine, Raynor," she replied.  "I can walk the rest of the way."

Raynor chuckled playfully at Ilana's obvious irritation over the tricorder. At least her spirits were still up, no matter how tired she might be. He hadn't been remotely kidding about carrying her, either - the Klingon knew he could easily shoulder her weight and make it up the mountain. Such treks were routine KDF bekk Basic Training. "Alright, then...let's go."

The pair traveled on for about another half hour, steadily gaining in incline, but nothing too overly strenuous. At least, not for Raynor. He hoped Ilana was doing as well. The suns overhead had begun their descent not long ago, and the velveteen light of dusk soon started to settle in. It started to get dark a little earlier where they were, with the tree cover and all.

Finally, Raynor brought her up to a point at the top of a ridge line, where a huge and broken stone jutted out over a ravine. The rock was easily as large as a shuttlecraft. Raynor glanced around, especially taking note of a section of greenery to their side. Overhead, the suns were disappearing behind the horizon, the sky already making the transition from dusk to night, with a few stars twinkling. "Have a seat," he smiled, doing just that on the rock. He could feel the residual heat still left in it, and hoped that Ilana would enjoy that, too.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:13 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor chuckled playfully at Ilana's obvious irritation over the tricorder.  At least her spirits were still up, no matter how tired she might be.  He hadn't been remotely kidding about carrying her, either - the Klingon knew he could easily shoulder her weight and make it up the mountain.  Such treks were routine KDF bekk Basic Training.  "Alright, then...let's go."

The pair traveled on for about another half hour, steadily gaining in incline, but nothing too overly strenuous.  At least, not for Raynor.  He hoped Ilana was doing as well.  The suns overhead had begun their descent not long ago, and the velveteen light of dusk soon started to settle in.  It started to get dark a little earlier where they were, with the tree cover and all.  

Finally, Raynor brought her up to a point at the top of a ridge line, where a huge and broken stone jutted out over a ravine.  The rock was easily as large as a shuttlecraft.  Raynor glanced around, especially taking note of a section of greenery to their side.  Overhead, the suns were disappearing behind the horizon, the sky already making the transition from dusk to night, with a few stars twinkling.  "Have a seat," he smiled, doing just that on the rock.  He could feel the residual heat still left in it, and hoped that Ilana would enjoy that, too.

As the incline grew steeper, Ilana's pace flagged as she grew more and more tired. She didn't have anything close to the stamina level of a Klingon warrior, and it was really starting to show.

She was panting when they finally made it to the top of the incline and lagging behind by several metres and trembling. She crawled up onto the rock next to Raynor, leaning against his side as she recovered from the climb.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

As the incline grew steeper, Ilana's pace flagged as she grew more and more tired.  She didn't have anything close to the stamina level of a Klingon warrior, and it was really starting to show.

She was panting when they finally made it to the top of the incline and lagging behind by several metres and trembling.  She crawled up onto the rock next to Raynor, leaning against his side as she recovered from the climb.

Shuffling through his pack, Raynor pulled out a nutrition bar and handed it to Ilana. "Peanut butter," he said, nodding at it with a grin. "They didn't have fish juice flavor...but I didn't ask, either."

After that, there wasn't too much more to say. He felt Ilana leaning against him, her slight presence hardly making an indentation. The Klingon reached his arm around the Cardassian, pulling her in and holding her close, their breathing (well, more like her breathing) slowing as the suns finished setting. Darkness settled in as the stars came out, spread across a sky darkening like a purple bruise.

"Not long now, Lana," he grinned, standing up and holding his hand out to help her up. Raynor turned his attention to a long, low section of green plants. As the starlight washed over them, the blooms unfurled, large and white like full moon faces. "Risian Moon-Vine. They only grow here."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Shuffling through his pack, Raynor pulled out a nutrition bar and handed it to Ilana.  "Peanut butter," he said, nodding at it with a grin.  "They didn't have fish juice flavor...but I didn't ask, either."  

After that, there wasn't too much more to say.  He felt Ilana leaning against him, her slight presence hardly making an indentation.  The Klingon reached his arm around the Cardassian, pulling her in and holding her close, their breathing (well, more like her breathing) slowing as the suns finished setting.  Darkness settled in as the stars came out, spread across a sky darkening like a purple bruise.  

"Not long now, Lana," he grinned, standing up and holding his hand out to help her up.  Raynor turned his attention to a long, low section of green plants.  As the starlight washed over them, the blooms unfurled, large and white like full moon faces.  "Risian Moon-Vine.  They only grow here."

Ilana was quite content to sit in silence, catching her breath and letting her heart rate drop back to normal while waiting for Raynor to reveal the reason they had had to climb up to the top of a mountain in order to watch a simple sunset.

As the suns set, the temperature started to drop, causing the Cardassian to shiver a little, wishing she had thought to bring another layer of clothing. Those thoughts were discarded however, as Raynor moved off and she followed, wondering if they were going to go back to the hotel.

She was distracted by the blooms, moving closer and gently running her slender fingers over one flower, feeling the texture of its petals, a smile growing over her face.

"It is beautiful," she murmured.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:53 am

Ilana Telak wrote:


Ilana was quite content to sit in silence, catching her breath and letting her heart rate drop back to normal while waiting for Raynor to reveal the reason they had had to climb up to the top of a mountain in order to watch a simple sunset.

As the suns set, the temperature started to drop, causing the Cardassian to shiver a little, wishing she had thought to bring another layer of clothing.  Those thoughts were discarded however, as Raynor moved off and she followed, wondering if they were going to go back to the hotel.

She was distracted by the blooms, moving closer and gently running her slender fingers over one flower, feeling the texture of its petals, a smile growing over her face.

"It is beautiful," she murmured.

"Yes..." Raynor breathed, keeping his voice low. It seemed like the thing to do, even though his rational mind knew that sounds had no effect on a plant's blooming. Well, not this plant. He could think of at least three, offhand, that it did, and...

More of the pale blooms were opening up, releasing a fragrance. "Can you smell it, yet? That attracts the darkflies. They're insects who 'see' via infrared, and pollinate the flower. It's a very delicate balance of a relationship, with the two partners' success dependent on such variables. And yet, somehow, they make it work. As it has for thousands of years."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:03 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Yes..." Raynor breathed, keeping his voice low.  It seemed like the thing to do, even though his rational mind knew that sounds had no effect on a plant's blooming.  Well, not this plant.  He could think of at least three, offhand, that it did, and...

More of the pale blooms were opening up, releasing a fragrance.  "Can you smell it, yet?  That attracts the darkflies.  They're insects who 'see' via infrared, and pollinate the flower.  It's a very delicate balance of a relationship, with the two partners' success dependent on such variables.  And yet, somehow, they make it work.  As it has for thousands of years."

Ilana had already leaned her head forward, closer to one of the blooms in order to take in its delicate fragrance, damp, earthy and slightly sweet. It was a nice fragrance. She was sorely tempted to take a clipping back with her to nurse into another plant, but she knew that there were likely to be all kinds of rules surrounding something so rare and beautiful, so she refrained.

Sitting back on her heels with a faint smile, she watched as a darkfly lazily ziggzagged its way towards the flowers, crawling inside the folds of petals. She tilted her head to one side, observing the way the flower bobbed up and down slightly as the insect moved around inside. She couldn't help but thing that the relationship between the flowers and the insects were somewhat like the one between herself and the Klingon next to her. They helped each other maintain a balance.

"Fascinating," she murmured, although she was unsure as to whether she was referring to the flowers or to the stray thought that had crossed her mind.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana had already leaned her head forward, closer to one of the blooms in order to take in its delicate fragrance, damp, earthy and slightly sweet.  It was a nice fragrance.  She was sorely tempted to take a clipping back with her to nurse into another plant, but she knew that there were likely to be all kinds of rules surrounding something so rare and beautiful, so she refrained.

Sitting back on her heels with a faint smile, she watched as a darkfly lazily ziggzagged its way towards the flowers, crawling inside the folds of petals.  She tilted her head to one side, observing the way the flower bobbed up and down slightly as the insect moved around inside.  She couldn't help but thing that the relationship between the flowers and the insects were somewhat like the one between herself and the Klingon next to her. They helped each other maintain a balance.

"Fascinating," she murmured, although she was unsure as to whether she was referring to the flowers or to the stray thought that had crossed her mind.

Nodding, Raynor smiled in the darkness. The stars provided a smattering of light, but the fat roundness of Risa's most prominent moon was starting to become the most dominant light in the sky. Hundreds of twinkling, colored lights shined in the distance, illuminations from the many spaceports around the resort city. Here, though, was still a bit remote.

He sat back down on the rock, looking out over the valley that spread out below the ridge, wondering just how much Ilana could see. The Klingon eye was adept at piercing the darkness. It came from their dominant evolution. He knew that many reptiles could sense heat in the dark...could Cardassians have retained some of that? Silently, Raynor shut off his scientifically-inclined brain and decided just to enjoy the stygian view.

"Darksome hills," he softly said. "When I sit in places like this, and I think of home...my mind turns of it's own accord to Alaska, and my time spent there as a boy. Do you find that strange? Should it not think immediately of Qo'noS? Are there not mountains there, too?" he asked with a shrug, more to himself than anyone. "Alaska could be as fearsome as the Homeworld, though, when it was dark. When the rains came, and settled in like a burial shroud." He grinned, searching his memory for a long-ago-read poem. "'All wind and clouds and dreams that shun the sun.'"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Nodding, Raynor smiled in the darkness.  The stars provided a smattering of light, but the fat roundness of Risa's most prominent moon was starting to become the most dominant light in the sky.  Hundreds of twinkling, colored lights shined in the distance, illuminations from the many spaceports around the resort city.  Here, though, was still a bit remote.

He sat back down on the rock, looking out over the valley that spread out below the ridge, wondering just how much Ilana could see.  The Klingon eye was adept at piercing the darkness.  It came from their dominant evolution.  He knew that many reptiles could sense heat in the dark...could Cardassians have retained some of that?  Silently, Raynor shut off his scientifically-inclined brain and decided just to enjoy the stygian view.

"Darksome hills," he softly said.  "When I sit in places like this, and I think of home...my mind turns of it's own accord to Alaska, and my time spent there as a boy.  Do you find that strange?  Should it not think immediately of Qo'noS?  Are there not mountains there, too?" he asked with a shrug, more to himself than anyone.  "Alaska could be as fearsome as the Homeworld, though, when it was dark.  When the rains came, and settled in like a burial shroud."  He grinned, searching his memory for a long-ago-read poem.  "'All wind and clouds and dreams that shun the sun.'"

Ilana's night vision was actually very good. She always found that Starfleet establishments were far too bright for her, but during the night, she could really see what was happening. As she continued to examine the flowers, she looked up as she felt Raynor shift beside her.

Leaving the plant, Ilana stepped softly after her best friend, sitting next to him on the stone and looking out at the patterns of light in the distance.

"Maybe y-you feel more c-connected to Alaska th-than you do to Q-Qo'nos," she offered. "You spent more of your f-formative years on Earth. It is understandable."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana's night vision was actually very good.  She always found that Starfleet establishments were far too bright for her, but during the night, she could really see what was happening.  As she continued to examine the flowers, she looked up as she felt Raynor shift beside her.  

Leaving the plant, Ilana stepped softly after her best friend, sitting next to him on the stone and looking out at the patterns of light in the distance.  

"Maybe y-you feel more c-connected to Alaska th-than you do to Q-Qo'nos," she offered.  "You spent more of your f-formative years on Earth.  It is understandable."

Smiling in the darkness as Ilana sat down next to him, Raynor turned his attention back to the mountains. "I was born on Archanis, and spent my teenage years on the Homeworld. In a way, those were my most developmental. They, likely, made me who I am." He shrugged, taking a drink of water. "But, when I think of 'home'...all the word means, and the trappings therein...I think of the time spent on Earth. Is it because it is my father's home?" It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, really. "My mother died honorably, as any warrior should. She died fighting. I like to imagine a curse against the Romulans on her lips as she went. For as long as I can remember, I have held her memory in such regard that...borders on hero worship. Only recently have I come to fully understand the import of my father's influence."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:37 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Smiling in the darkness as Ilana sat down next to him, Raynor turned his attention back to the mountains.  "I was born on Archanis, and spent my teenage years on the Homeworld.  In a way, those were my most developmental.  They, likely, made me who I am."  He shrugged, taking a drink of water.  "But, when I think of 'home'...all the word means, and the trappings therein...I think of the time spent on Earth.  Is it because it is my father's home?"  It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, really.  "My mother died honorably, as any warrior should.  She died fighting.  I like to imagine a curse against the Romulans on her lips as she went.  For as long as I can remember, I have held her memory in such regard that...borders on hero worship.  Only recently have I come to fully understand the import of my father's influence."

Ilana sat quietly in the dark, thinking about her own formative years and her parents. The long years spent searching for a home and finding nowhere. That time had been instrumental in creating the young Cardassian that sat on that rock: small, weak but determined. Her parents had been important to her, yes, but they had never really been a part of her life. They had been too busy trying to ensure the survival of their little group, as everyone had been. They had never opposed her entry into Starfleet, although she was certain that they would rather that she had stayed with them on the colony. Maybe one day she would go back there and visit.

She sighed softly, leaning against Raynor. His warmth was welcome now that the suns had gone down and their heat no longer warmed the air. If it hadn't been for that chill in the air, she probably would have fallen asleep there and then.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Ilana sat quietly in the dark, thinking about her own formative years and her parents.  The long years spent searching for a home and finding nowhere.  That time had been instrumental in creating the young Cardassian that sat on that rock:  small, weak but determined.  Her parents had been important to her, yes, but they had never really been a part of her life.  They had been too busy trying to ensure the survival of their little group, as everyone had been.  They had never opposed her entry into Starfleet, although she was certain that they would rather that she had stayed with them on the colony.  Maybe one day she would go back there and visit.

She sighed softly, leaning against Raynor.  His warmth was welcome now that the suns had gone down and their heat no longer warmed the air.  If it hadn't been for that chill in the air, she probably would have fallen asleep there and then.

The night felt comfortably warm to Raynor, but he knew how sensitive Ilana was to the cold. With minimal cloud cover, the temperature was quite a bit lower than when the sun had been up. Wordlessly, he rooted around in his pack, pulling out a soft jacket. He normally would have just thrown his uniform shirt around her, but he'd not packed anything remotely resembling that.

After settling the jacket around her narrow shoulders, Raynor turned his attention back to the darkness, pleased at the comfortable feeling of Ilana leaning against him. It made him feel good to know that he could be there for her, in whatever manner was needed. It made him matter.

Silence stretched on as the stars shimmered and the night-blooming flowers dropped heavily on their vines. Finally, in a voice as soft as a blade drawing against a scabbard, he spoke. "I...will not die peacefully." He turned to Ilana, her face lighted by the naked stars, those which remembered all deeds. "I will not die an old man, surrounded by loved ones."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:29 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

The night felt comfortably warm to Raynor, but he knew how sensitive Ilana was to the cold.  With minimal cloud cover, the temperature was quite a bit lower than when the sun had been up.  Wordlessly, he rooted around in his pack, pulling out a soft jacket.  He normally would have just thrown his uniform shirt around her, but he'd not packed anything remotely resembling that.  

After settling the jacket around her narrow shoulders, Raynor turned his attention back to the darkness, pleased at the comfortable feeling of Ilana leaning against him.  It made him feel good to know that he could be there for her, in whatever manner was needed.  It made him matter.

Silence stretched on as the stars shimmered and the night-blooming flowers dropped heavily on their vines.  Finally, in a voice as soft as a blade drawing against a scabbard, he spoke.  "I...will not die peacefully."  He turned to Ilana, her face lighted by the naked stars, those which remembered all deeds.  "I will not die an old man, surrounded by loved ones."

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light," Ilana murmured, unsure why exactly that fragment of human poetry had popped into her head, but it seemed appropriate. She then thought a little more about what Raynor had said, frowning a little. She moved away slightly so as to be able to look him fully in the face.

"Is there something wrong?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:05 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light," Ilana murmured, unsure why exactly that fragment of human poetry had popped into her head, but it seemed appropriate.  She then thought a little more about what Raynor had said, frowning a little.  She moved away slightly so as to be able to look him fully in the face.

"Is there something wrong?"

Grinning broadly into the darkness, Raynor nodded.  He heard Ilana just fine, and had recognized the line.  Many Klingons were loath to admit how on-point that human poets could be.  There was even a time when the Empire's Thought-Admirals were actively trying to promote the line that Shakespeare's writings had originated in Klingonese.  Honestly, anyone surprised that humans had it in them would be well-served by looking back into the history of the planet.  What now brought humanity shame were tales of adventure and lust and blood and treasure that would do any Klingon proud.  Would that they had been space-capable in those days, he thought.  First contact between the two civilizations likely would have gone better.

"No," he softly said, "nothing is wrong."  Honestly, he wasn't quite sure where hew as going with all this, or what he was trying to say.  Liar, he thought.  You know exactly what you're trying to tell her.  Reaching over to her, Raynor gently touched her face, feeling the relative coolness of the silken-smooth scaling.  "I merely mean to say that...I am that which I am.  Klingon, human, both.  But, as in all things, the Klingon genetics are dominant.  The blood sings, the blood tells truth.  I could not abide by Starfleet's rules, and I had to leave.  I've told myself a thousand times that I should leave you be, let you live your life in peace.  It's what you deserve, Lana.  Peace.  The Klingon way is not the best way to live, or to live with."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Grinning broadly into the darkness, Raynor nodded.  He heard Ilana just fine, and had recognized the line.  Many Klingons were loath to admit how on-point that human poets could be.  There was even a time when the Empire's Thought-Admirals were actively trying to promote the line that Shakespeare's writings had originated in Klingonese.  Honestly, anyone surprised that humans had it in them would be well-served by looking back into the history of the planet.  What now brought humanity shame were tales of adventure and lust and blood and treasure that would do any Klingon proud.  Would that they had been space-capable in those days, he thought.  First contact between the two civilizations likely would have gone better.

"No," he softly said, "nothing is wrong."  Honestly, he wasn't quite sure where hew as going with all this, or what he was trying to say.  Liar, he thought.  You know exactly what you're trying to tell her.  Reaching over to her, Raynor gently touched her face, feeling the relative coolness of the silken-smooth scaling.  "I merely mean to say that...I am that which I am.  Klingon, human, both.  But, as in all things, the Klingon genetics are dominant.  The blood sings, the blood tells truth.  I could not abide by Starfleet's rules, and I had to leave.  I've told myself a thousand times that I should leave you be, let you live your life in peace.  It's what you deserve, Lana.  Peace.  The Klingon way is not the best way to live, or to live with."

The Cardassian leaned lightly into the touch of his hand on her face, her eyelids drooping slightly.  It was soothing, how gentle his touch was.  The heat of his palm was welcome.  She nestled into the jacket he had wrapped around her, his strong scent still clinging to the fabric.

"You would not be you otherwise," she murmured, feeling a little drowsy.  Her brow scales shifted slightly into a soft, puzzled frown.  "But... I d-don't want peace, Raynor, I want you.  I have n-never known peace, nor do I care to.  The K-Klingon way might not be th-the best thing to live with, b-but y-your way is." Se looked up at him, trying to read his face in the gloom, although she was ultimately unsuccessful. "I d-don't know any other K-Klingon who would b-bring a friend to s-see a flower bloom. Who would s-sit by a b-biobed until th-their friend recovered. Who w-would c-care for a d-disabled friend." She took a deep breath. "I am s-sorry that I have not been a good friend to you. I th-threw that care back in your f-face when I should have accepted it."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian leaned lightly into the touch of his hand on her face, her eyelids drooping slightly.  It was soothing, how gentle his touch was.  The heat of his palm was welcome.  She nestled into the jacket he had wrapped around her, his strong scent still clinging to the fabric.

"You would not be you otherwise," she murmured, feeling a little drowsy.  Her brow scales shifted slightly into a soft, puzzled frown.  "But... I d-don't want peace, Raynor, I want you.  I have n-never known peace, nor do I care to.  The K-Klingon way might not be th-the best thing to live with, b-but y-your way is."  Se looked up at him, trying to read his face in the gloom, although she was ultimately unsuccessful.  "I d-don't know any other K-Klingon who would b-bring a friend to s-see a flower bloom.  Who would s-sit by a b-biobed until th-their friend recovered.  Who w-would c-care for a d-disabled friend."  She took a deep breath.  "I am s-sorry that I have not been a good friend to you.  I th-threw that care back in your f-face when I should have accepted it."

"None of that," Raynor quietly said, reaching a gentle finger over to lay across her lips. His smile was sad. "I'll not have you thinking you need to say you're sorry. That's something that you will never have to say. I told you that, once...and I meant it."

He shifted his sitting position, turning himself so that he sat cross-legged, facing her, his wide palms resting on the sides of her face. "Because you have never known peace is no reason not to strive for it." The Klingon wanted and needed to feel her closeness, but he also knew that, had he not put his hands somewhere, they would likely shake, betraying his emotions. When she'd said that she wanted him...the thought was too dangerous to contemplate. Too dangerous for her by the half. "You have been as good a friend as anyone could hope for. Honorable and brave...as much as any Klingon should strive to be."

Smiling, he leaned in, placing a soft kiss on Ilana's forehead, close to the indentation there. "No woman should have to choose mourning black for a bridal veil."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"None of that," Raynor quietly said, reaching a gentle finger over to lay across her lips.  His smile was sad.  "I'll not have you thinking you need to say you're sorry.  That's something that you will never have to say.  I told you that, once...and I meant it."

He shifted his sitting position, turning himself so that he sat cross-legged, facing her, his wide palms resting on the sides of her face.  "Because you have never known peace is no reason not to strive for it."  The Klingon wanted and needed to feel her closeness, but he also knew that, had he not put his hands somewhere, they would likely shake, betraying his emotions.  When she'd said that she wanted him...the thought was too dangerous to contemplate.  Too dangerous for her by the half.  "You have been as good a friend as anyone could hope for.  Honorable and brave...as much as any Klingon should strive to be."  

Smiling, he leaned in, placing a soft kiss on Ilana's forehead, close to the indentation there.  "No woman should have to choose mourning black for a bridal veil."

The look of confusion on Ilana's face as she searched her best friend's face. Why was he so melancholy? Why was he still talking as if he was going to leave, or worse die?

She could feel his fingers on the ridges of her jaw, the gentleness of his touch there, as if he knew that her scales could be sensitive. Her green eyes looked into his, trying to find the answers to the questions that she didn't even know how to ask.

She lifted her hands, laying them on the backs of his, the slender, grey against his strong, dark fingers. "R-R-Raynor?" she asked softly, her stammer betraying her worry. "R-Raynor, wh-what aren't you t-t-telling me? Wh-what's h-h-happening?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The look of confusion on Ilana's face as she searched her best friend's face.  Why was he so melancholy?  Why was he still talking as if he was going to leave, or worse die?  

She could feel his fingers on the ridges of her jaw, the gentleness of his touch there, as if he knew that her scales could be sensitive.  Her green eyes looked into his, trying to find the answers to the questions that she didn't even know how to ask.  

She lifted her hands, laying them on the backs of his, the slender, grey against his strong, dark fingers.  "R-R-Raynor?" she asked softly, her stammer betraying her worry.  "R-Raynor, wh-what aren't you t-t-telling me?  Wh-what's h-h-happening?"

Ilana's cool touch on his own hands was like a jolt, riding along Raynor's arms and directly into his brain. Her question was valid, though, seeing as how the Klingon legitimately hadn't the damnedest clue as to what he was saying. Or getting at.

I think you do.

"I'm not trying to worry you, Lana," he said, drawing her close for an embrace, her head resting against his broad chest. "You are my friend. And I will always be there for you. I'm not planning to go anywhere. But...no man knows the future, and he that says he does is a charlatan."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Ilana's cool touch on his own hands was like a jolt, riding along Raynor's arms and directly into his brain.  Her question was valid, though, seeing as how the Klingon legitimately hadn't the damnedest clue as to what he was saying.  Or getting at.

I think you do.

"I'm not trying to worry you, Lana," he said, drawing her close for an embrace, her head resting against his broad chest.  "You are my friend.  And I will always be there for you.  I'm not planning to go anywhere.  But...no man knows the future, and he that says he does is a charlatan."

Although her expression softened slightly, there was still an element of concern and worry in Ilana's features as she watched her best friend.  She didn't fight as he drew her in, closing her eyes as she cuddled into the warmth of his body.  She could hear the deep thrumming of his heart against her ear.  The sound of it soothed her for some reason, the same as it always did.  She had lost count of the number of times he had forced her to go to bed and lain next to her to ensure that she stayed there and rested.

Her thin frame was easily encircled by his arms, but the same could not be said for her slender arms around his broad physique.  Not that it mattered, she tried anyway to hug him back.

"I am glad," she murmured.  "I didn't want you to go.  When you're gone... I do not feel complete."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Although her expression softened slightly, there was still an element of concern and worry in Ilana's features as she watched her best friend.  She didn't fight as he drew her in, closing her eyes as she cuddled into the warmth of his body.  She could hear the deep thrumming of his heart against her ear.  The sound of it soothed her for some reason, the same as it always did.  She had lost count of the number of times he had forced her to go to bed and lain next to her to ensure that she stayed there and rested.

Her thin frame was easily encircled by his arms, but the same could not be said for her slender arms around his broad physique.  Not that it mattered, she tried anyway to hug him back.

"I am glad," she murmured.  "I didn't want you to go.  When you're gone... I do not feel complete."

Therein lay the rub, as the Terran expression went. Shakespeare, too, he thought, grinning at the feeling of Ilana's thin arms going around him. She felt complete around him? Well. He could say very much the same thing. "Who else is there to calm me? Who else would dare tell me when I'm acting like a thick-skulled targ? Who else understands the delicate perfection of the Axanaran bromeliad?"

Still, the coward's way. You will not leave her in peace, and you will not tell her you love her. Twice a coward.

Raynor continued to hold Ilana close. He knew, thought, that his own warmth would soon not be enough, and that she would likely start to get fairly miserable here in the clear night air. "Should we...go back?" he asked, packing away their water bottles.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Therein lay the rub, as the Terran expression went.  Shakespeare, too, he thought, grinning at the feeling of Ilana's thin arms going around him.  She felt complete around him?  Well.  He could say very much the same thing.  "Who else is there to calm me?  Who else would dare tell me when I'm acting like a thick-skulled targ?  Who else understands the delicate perfection of the Axanaran bromeliad?"

Still, the coward's way.  You will not leave her in peace, and you will not tell her you love her.  Twice a coward.

Raynor continued to hold Ilana close.  He knew, thought, that his own warmth would soon not be enough, and that she would likely start to get fairly miserable here in the clear night air.  "Should we...go back?" he asked, packing away their water bottles.

It was certainly starting to get colder and, despite the warm jacket around her shoulders, she nestled in closer to Raynor and the furnace he seemed to be.

"Mmphf, I would hope that the other botanists would know how to handle a flower," she murmured before looking up at him as he mentioned heading back to the hotel. "Yes, it's getting late."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:40 am

[Later]

The trip off the mountainside was a lot quicker than the ascent, and it seemed to Raynor that Ilana had a slightly easier time of it. He'd asked again if she wanted him to carry her. The Klingon wasn't sure if she truly believed that he'd been serious or not.

Once they got closer to the resort, the lights of civilization began to overtake the stars, and soon all was music and merriment. It seemed somehow...anticlimactic after what they'd just seen. The naked stars bear witness, and speak truth. Indeed, they did...or, at least, they coaxed the truth. Even when that truth was best unmentioned. For both of their sake.

"You know," Raynor grinned, as they returned to the hotel lobby, "you've yet to eat anything of substance today. Time to rectify that."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Later]

The trip off the mountainside was a lot quicker than the ascent, and it seemed to Raynor that Ilana had a slightly easier time of it.  He'd asked again if she wanted him to carry her.  The Klingon wasn't sure if she truly believed that he'd been serious or not.

Once they got closer to the resort, the lights of civilization began to overtake the stars, and soon all was music and merriment.  It seemed somehow...anticlimactic after what they'd just seen.  The naked stars bear witness, and speak truth.  Indeed, they did...or, at least, they coaxed the truth.  Even when that truth was best unmentioned.  For both of their sake.

"You know," Raynor grinned, as they returned to the hotel lobby, "you've yet to eat anything of substance today.  Time to rectify that."

The closer they got to civilisation, the closer Ilana walked to Raynor. That in itself was quite difficult since she had started to tire about one quarter of the way down. She had to scurry to keep up with his ground-eating stride.

He had offered to carry her again, but she had glared at him, insisting that she could keep going. One hand reached up, touching the thin black wire that connected the implant in her head to the one in her throat. It was partially hidden by her hair, but it was still there. She could feel it.

Once again, the bright lights and sounds of the resort hit her senses, a far cry for the quiet gloom of the forest and the trail Raynor had taken her on. She stuck close to his side, but pulled a face at the thought of eating.

"Do we have to?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Today at 6:53 am

Back to top Go down
 
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: