Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel's brow furrowed in concern as Gabriel took her arm, unsure of what thought had just crossed his mind that would have him take her aside.  As he spoke, however, she had to work on not letting her emotions show on her face for fear of tipping off the other officers on the bridge.

"A cloak?  We might be dealing with a cloaked ship?"

Why was her mind suddenly conjuring images of Romulans warping into their space?

[Bridge]

Yeah, Gabe thought, that pretty much went over like I thought it would. He'd hated to even give breath to the word 'cloak', but he would also be remiss in his duties to both his wife and his ship if he didn't put all options on the table.

"It's just something to consider," he said, wanting to hold her right there, everyone and duty be damned, but she'd probably boot him out the airlock herself. "Probably nothing, and we're worrying for no reason."

Gabriel turned back to the conn. "Mr. Black, how long until we're within range of our mystery signal?"

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
[Sickbay]

Nothing's ever easy, I guess, Chira thought, as she knew she couldn't avoid the clusterflub of a mess that was going on in Sickbay right now.  How had she gone from preparing herself to deliver the news to her husband that they were going to be parents, to...well, whatever was going on?  Because you're this damn boat's counselor, she thought, and their needs come first, so suck it up and do your job.  Chira hated when her inner voice was right.

She approached the table where Thompson was laid out.  "Matt," Chira softly said, "what's the problem?"  

[Sickbay]

The familiar voice was like a soothing wind. His eyes turned a beautiful crystal-like blue. He smiled as his gaze was cast upon her. "Chira! Good to see you. The problem is, this doctor tried to put me under anesthetics while my adrenaline was spiking. My system can not handle that and sends me into horrid seizures; and THEN he tries to lecture me about my problems...even though he caused them."

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Yeah, Gabe thought, that pretty much went over like I thought it would.  He'd hated to even give breath to the word 'cloak', but he would also be remiss in his duties to both his wife and his ship if he didn't put all options on the table.  

"It's just something to consider," he said, wanting to hold her right there, everyone and duty be damned, but she'd probably boot him out the airlock herself.  "Probably nothing, and we're worrying for no reason."

Gabriel turned back to the conn.  "Mr. Black, how long until we're within range of our mystery signal?"

[Bridge]

Unfortunately, the data that Sheridan had sent over wasn't much use, at least to Derek. The patterns didn't match, but neither did the readings from the old historical records of the Earth ships. Switching back to his navigational display and watching their approach vector, Derek brought the Phoenix out of warp much closer to the planet than normal. "Dropping to impulse now, sir. ETA five minutes to geosynchronous orbit above target area."

Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Yeah, Gabe thought, that pretty much went over like I thought it would.  He'd hated to even give breath to the word 'cloak', but he would also be remiss in his duties to both his wife and his ship if he didn't put all options on the table.  

"It's just something to consider," he said, wanting to hold her right there, everyone and duty be damned, but she'd probably boot him out the airlock herself.  "Probably nothing, and we're worrying for no reason."

Gabriel turned back to the conn.  "Mr. Black, how long until we're within range of our mystery signal?"

Derek Black wrote:

Unfortunately, the data that Sheridan had sent over wasn't much use, at least to Derek. The patterns didn't match, but neither did the readings from the old historical records of the Earth ships. Switching back to his navigational display and watching their approach vector, Derek brought the Phoenix out of warp much closer to the planet than normal. "Dropping to impulse now, sir. ETA five minutes to geosynchronous orbit above target area."

[Bridge]

Archangel pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a deep breath and carefully sectioning off the emotions of fear that had bubbled up in her chest. Just because a cloaking device was an option didn't mean that it was actually going to be a cloaking device.

Turning to the helm with her husband, she thought for a moment. "We'll need an away team. Security definitely, medical, and a science officer as well."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 am

Derek Black wrote:

Archangel wrote:
Turning to the helm with her husband, she thought for a moment. "We'll need an away team. Security definitely, medical, and a science officer as well."

[Bridge]

"Thanks, Derek," Gabriel said, nodding.  "Once we get into orbit, we'll need to pinpoint as best we can the location of the distress call."  He turned back to the captain.  "I'd recommend Pardek with a quad team, Walking Proud from Science, and Telak from Medical.  She's still on board with us, poor girl must be bored out of her skull.  As for engineering...I'll be leading the landing party, so we'll have that covered."  He glanced to the screen, hopefully steering off any objections to him going instead of her that he knew would be coming.  "With all this ion stuff going on, I'd rather we landed in a craft than by beaming.  Black can get us down and back."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

"We were speaking of mental problems. Not physical." Matthew commented. "I'd like to point out that you are the reason I had the seizures. My body can not handle anesthetics while I'm having a massive adrenaline spike." He let out a sigh. "If it weren't for Mrs...? Sorry didn't get your name. If it weren't for her I'd still be having the seizures."

[...]

The familiar voice was like a soothing wind. His eyes turned a beautiful crystal-like blue. He smiled as his gaze was cast upon her. "Chira! Good to see you. The problem is, this doctor tried to put me under anesthetics while my adrenaline was spiking. My system can not handle that and sends me into horrid seizures; and THEN he tries to lecture me about my problems...even though he caused them."

[Sickbay]

"T-Telak," Ilana murmured, more to herself than to any of the people around her. Those who needed to know knew her name anyway. She then raised her voice in her characteristic, calm tone.

"Interesting h-hypothesis, Matthew. Adrenaline, as a v-vasoconstrictive element, has no effect in combination with anaesthetics other than in p-prolonging their effect. It is i-illogical to assume that sedation c-caused your s-seizures."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

"Thanks, Derek," Gabriel said, nodding.  "Once we get into orbit, we'll need to pinpoint as best we can the location of the distress call."  He turned back to the captain.  "I'd recommend Pardek with a quad team, Walking Proud from Science, and Telak from Medical.  She's still on board with us, poor girl must be bored out of her skull.  As for engineering...I'll be leading the landing party, so we'll have that covered."  He glanced to the screen, hopefully steering off any objections to him going instead of her that he knew would be coming.  "With all this ion stuff going on, I'd rather we landed in a craft than by beaming.  Black can get us down and back."

[Bridge]

Archangel's jaw clenched as Gabriel specified that he'd be leading the away team. She had known that he'd say that, but it irritated her all the same. She wasn't going to be one of those captains that sat on the bridge and watched every away team wander off into danger without her.

"Agreed for taking a shuttlecraft planetside, but I think I'll go, commander," she replied, keeping her voice even. "It'll be easier for you to continue to liaise with Engineering about the upgrades to the systems rather than having them give me yet another report. I can serve just as well as you can as the engineer on this little expedition."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

"T-Telak," Ilana murmured, more to herself than to any of the people around her.  Those who needed to know knew her name anyway.  She then raised her voice in her characteristic, calm tone.  

"Interesting h-hypothesis, Matthew.  Adrenaline, as a v-vasoconstrictive element, has no effect in combination with anaesthetics other than in p-prolonging their effect.  It is i-illogical to assume that sedation c-caused your s-seizures."

[Sickbay]

"Yet it's the only correlation. The only time I've ever had seizures was when put under anesthetics. One of my lovely mutations. Pain killers also do it. Basically when I'm having an adrenaline spike my body releases a natural pain killer, like everyone's except mine is a stronger one. Which is why I'm such a damn good security guard. But when another anesthetic is introduced into my system I get horrid seizures. I know that because of my years as a bounty hunter." Matthew responded promptly.

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Yet it's the only correlation. The only time I've ever had seizures was when put under anesthetics. One of my lovely mutations. Pain killers also do it. Basically when I'm having an adrenaline spike my body releases a natural pain killer, like everyone's except mine is a stronger one. Which is why I'm such a damn good security guard. But when another anesthetic is introduced into my system I get horrid seizures. I know that because of my years as a bounty hunter." Matthew responded promptly.

[Sickbay]

"Yet, it is m-medically impossible," Ilana pointed out. "The p-properties do not interact th-that way." She would know. She had endured many injections of adrenaline and anaesthetic when she had undergone the surgery that had put a Borg vocal subprocessor in her throat and brain. Raynor would never have let her use the drugs had there been any danger.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Yet, it is m-medically impossible," Ilana pointed out.  "The p-properties do not interact th-that way."  She would know.  She had endured many injections of adrenaline and anaesthetic when she had undergone the surgery that had put a Borg vocal subprocessor in her throat and brain.  Raynor would never have let her use the drugs had there been any danger.

[Sickbay]

"Well, then I have no explanation. But that's the only correlation between any of my prior seizures. That much I know to be true." Matthew responded coldly. It was true, anesthetics wore on his neurological system. "Trust me, no one hates it more than me."

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Well, then I have no explanation. But that's the only correlation between any of my prior seizures. That much I know to be true." Matthew responded coldly. It was true, anesthetics wore on his neurological system. "Trust me, no one hates it more than me."

[Sickbay]

The tone of the man's voice took Ilana slightly by surprise. Most people tended to simply shrug and that would be the end of it. This was a new turn in events. However, she brushed it off.

"W-we can run t-tests to try to determine the t-true origins of the seizures," she offered.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel's jaw clenched as Gabriel specified that he'd be leading the away team.  She had known that he'd say that, but it irritated her all the same.  She wasn't going to be one of those captains that sat on the bridge and watched every away team wander off into danger without her.

"Agreed for taking a shuttlecraft planetside, but I think I'll go, commander," she replied, keeping her voice even.  "It'll be easier for you to continue to liaise with Engineering about the upgrades to the systems rather than having them give me yet another report.  I can serve just as well as you can as the engineer on this little expedition."

[Bridge]

Aaaand there's the jaw clenching.  Gabriel had fully expected to see it, but it still felt like an iron weight on his heart.  She was going to be difficult about it.  That was to be expected.  Archangel was a very hands-on CO, which made sense, considering her personality and Engineering background.  Still, argue as much as she wanted...he knew he had regs on his side.

"I know I don't need to quote regulation to you," he quietly said.  "Leading away teams is my job, captain."  And your place is on the damn bridge, out of harm's way, he thought, but wisely kept that to himself.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:11 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Aaaand there's the jaw clenching.  Gabriel had fully expected to see it, but it still felt like an iron weight on his heart.  She was going to be difficult about it.  That was to be expected.  Archangel was a very hands-on CO, which made sense, considering her personality and Engineering background.  Still, argue as much as she wanted...he knew he had regs on his side.

"I know I don't need to quote regulation to you," he quietly said.  "Leading away teams is my job, captain."  And your place is on the damn bridge, out of harm's way, he thought, but wisely kept that to himself.

[Bridge]

One upswept eyebrow traveled up Archangel's forehead before her eyes narrowed dangerously. "We're going to argue about this?" she asked in a low, dangerous voice. "You know damn well that captains are rarely held to that rule. Leading an away team is the job of the officer appointed to it, commander." She had folded her arms, slipping into full determined mode. She smelled a rat with this one, as Ensign Sheridan had pointed out. She would be damned before letting Gabriel off the ship into an unknown situation like that. He was safer on the ship.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

The tone of the man's voice took Ilana slightly by surprise.  Most people tended to simply shrug and that would be the end of it.  This was a new turn in events.  However, she brushed it off.

"W-we can run t-tests to try to determine the t-true origins of the seizures," she offered.

[Sickbay]

"Seems like a good plan. But, I have one request. The only people to have involvement in the tests be you, Henriks, and if there are any psychological test; Chira." Matthew responded.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Seems like a good plan. But, I have one request. The only people to have involvement in the tests be you, Henriks, and if there are any psychological test; Chira." Matthew responded.

[Sickbay]

"The r-results of the tests w-wil have to go on y-your file, but if you p-prefer, the only people to p-perform the t-tests can be restricted," Ilana replied with a nod of her head. She wasn't looking forward to the barrage of tests that would likely follow, since it meant that she was going to have to spend a lot of time with the surly patient, but she was a doctor. It was her job.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

One upswept eyebrow traveled up Archangel's forehead before her eyes narrowed dangerously.  "We're going to argue about this?" she asked in a low, dangerous voice.  "You know damn well that captains are rarely held to that rule.  Leading an away team is the job of the officer appointed to it, commander."  She had folded her arms, slipping into full determined mode.  She smelled a rat with this one, as Ensign Sheridan had pointed out.  She would be damned before letting Gabriel off the ship into an unknown situation like that.  He was safer on the ship.

[Bridge]

Gabriel knew that he could push the issue, because he was technically right. Actually, he was just plain right, with no 'technically' about it. Still...no matter how many battles he won that way with her, he knew that losing the war wouldn't be far behind. Isn't that what she's doing right now? Yes, very probably. This issue only served to illuminate what he'd already been thinking about, ever since hearing that Kestra was considering a planetside billet, along with a promotion.

But that was for later. Now there was only two officers in a standoff on their own bridge. "Is that...an order?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Gabriel knew that he could push the issue, because he was technically right.  Actually, he was just plain right, with no 'technically' about it.  Still...no matter how many battles he won that way with her, he knew that losing the war wouldn't be far behind.  Isn't that what she's doing right now?  Yes, very probably.  This issue only served to illuminate what he'd already been thinking about, ever since hearing that Kestra was considering a planetside billet, along with a promotion.  

But that was for later.  Now there was only two officers in a standoff on their own bridge.  "Is that...an order?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

[Bridge]

It was very difficult not to just take off her rank and talk to Gabriel as his wife rather than his commanding officer, but Archangel knew that she had to both stand firm and present a united front with her first officer.

She pinched the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes for a moment. "I don't want it to be. I don't want to have this fight every time there's an away mission!" she replied in an equally low voice, unwilling to let the other officers on the bridge in on their conversation. "Whether it's regulation or not, you know I'm not going to sit on this bridge and watch every away mission leave while I pull the strings behind the scenes."

Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

"The r-results of the tests w-wil have to go on y-your file, but if you p-prefer, the only people to p-perform the t-tests can be restricted," Ilana replied with a nod of her head.  She wasn't looking forward to the barrage of tests that would likely follow, since it meant that she was going to have to spend a lot of time with the surly patient, but she was a doctor.  It was her job.

[Sickbay]

"If the alternative is foolish doctors causing me to have seizures, go ahead. Put it on my file. Especially if it means I get back to the job quicker. Every second I'm off the job is another person that could be dead."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was very difficult not to just take off her rank and talk to Gabriel as his wife rather than his commanding officer, but Archangel knew that she had to both stand firm and present a united front with her first officer.

She pinched the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes for a moment.  "I don't want it to be.  I don't want to have this fight every time there's an away mission!" she replied in an equally low voice, unwilling to let the other officers on the bridge in on their conversation.  "Whether it's regulation or not, you know I'm not going to sit on this bridge and watch every away mission leave while I pull the strings behind the scenes."

[Bridge]

"Yes ma'am," Gabriel replied, his voice quiet and calm. It wasn't exactly the most Vulcan-like level of 'emotionless' that he'd ever done, but it was close enough. Enough to hide the hurt in his voice, at least. The last thing he wanted to do, though, was have an argument right here in front of the rest of the crew. He knew that they had enough questions about their validity as a command staff without seeing that. Turning to one side, Gabe activated his commbadge.

=^="Arthur to Ensigns Telak, Walking Proud, and Pardek. Meet...Captain T'Koris in Hangar Bay Two and prepare for a landing. Arthur out."=^=

Moving over to the conn, Gabe gently put his hand on the back of the chair. "You're with them, Mr. Black. I want everyone back in one piece."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

"If the alternative is foolish doctors causing me to have seizures, go ahead. Put it on my file. Especially if it means I get back to the job quicker. Every second I'm off the job is another person that could be dead."

[Sickbay]

"Doctor th'Zela is far from foolish, Matt, and you know that," Chira gently admonished. She'd been taking in the entire situation, and wasn't thrilled about what she was hearing. It must seem, to him at least, like the entirety of sickbay's medical staff was ganging up on him. However, what choice was he leaving everyone? "I think that you need to go through with whatever Ensign Telak suggests. We're worried about you, Matt." It seemed as if he were constantly on the verge of sabotaging his own career...but those were things that didn't necessarily need to be discussed in the open.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Doctor th'Zela is far from foolish, Matt, and you know that," Chira gently admonished.  She'd been taking in the entire situation, and wasn't thrilled about what she was hearing.  It must seem, to him at least, like the entirety of sickbay's medical staff was ganging up on him.  However, what choice was he leaving everyone?  "I think that you need to go through with whatever Ensign Telak suggests.  We're worried about you, Matt."  It seemed as if he were constantly on the verge of sabotaging his own career...but those were things that didn't necessarily need to be discussed in the open.

[Sickbay]

"It's good I like you and your husband. Otherwise I'd have already escaped...Ensign Telak's alright too. The three of you are to be the only medical staff I deal with. The Ensign saved me from a lot of pain, therefor she has earned my trust. Proceed with the test if you must."

Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

"Yes ma'am," Gabriel replied, his voice quiet and calm.  It wasn't exactly the most Vulcan-like level of 'emotionless' that he'd ever done, but it was close enough.  Enough to hide the hurt in his voice, at least.  The last thing he wanted to do, though, was have an argument right here in front of the rest of the crew.  He knew that they had enough questions about their validity as a command staff without seeing that.  Turning to one side, Gabe activated his commbadge.

=^="Arthur to Ensigns Telak, Walking Proud, and Pardek.  Meet...Captain T'Koris in Hangar Bay Two and prepare for a landing.  Arthur out."=^=

Moving over to the conn, Gabe gently put his hand on the back of the chair.  "You're with them, Mr. Black.  I want everyone back in one piece."  

[Bridge]

Like the others on the bridge and uncomfortably privy to the command team's personal argument, Derek had stayed quiet as they hashed out who was going to be going down to the planet's surface. Eventually though, it seemed that the Captain had won out, either with a persuasive argument, or more likely in Derek's mind, by threatening to withhold some duties which their XO enjoyed exclusively. Nevertheless, he had agreed with Arthur's original and verbal contest; a Captain belonged on the bridge of her Command, and not on away teams. At least certainly not the first team going down to a new and unfamiliar destination.

"One piece, I might be able to do." Derek replied, sending a request down to the 'tower' for a shuttle to be prepped. One piece AND alive is a whole other story. "Mr. Sheridan, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind transmitting down any additional intel you discover while we're offship. If those ion traces were left by weaponry...well, it'd be good to know."

Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

"Yes ma'am," Gabriel replied, his voice quiet and calm.  It wasn't exactly the most Vulcan-like level of 'emotionless' that he'd ever done, but it was close enough.  Enough to hide the hurt in his voice, at least.  The last thing he wanted to do, though, was have an argument right here in front of the rest of the crew.  He knew that they had enough questions about their validity as a command staff without seeing that.  Turning to one side, Gabe activated his commbadge.

=^="Arthur to Ensigns Telak, Walking Proud, and Pardek.  Meet...Captain T'Koris in Hangar Bay Two and prepare for a landing.  Arthur out."=^=

Moving over to the conn, Gabe gently put his hand on the back of the chair.  "You're with them, Mr. Black.  I want everyone back in one piece."  

[Bridge]

Archangel knew her husband well enough to know that he wasn't happy in the slightest about backing down, but she also knew that the sooner he got used to the idea that she was going to be leading some of the away missions, the better.

Before he could move away from her, she reached out to touch his arm to say softly: "You can take the next mission, e'lev. I won't fight you on it." She wanted to hug him, to try to somehow make him feel better, but she wasn't about to do that in front of the crew after they had seen their commanding officers have an argument.

Stepping back from her first officer, Archangel nodded to him and headed for the turbolift to go down to the shuttlebay and meet her team.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:22 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

[Sickbay]

"I think that y-you may be under estimating the r-rest if the security officers on b-board," Ilana warned him. Did he really think that a ship currently in peaceful space with out any passengers other than crew and family was about to have deaths occur? It didn't make much sense to the Cardassian.

Hearing the call from the bridge come through for her to join the away team, she sighed and got to her feet. Picking up one of the prepared medkits that they kept in a storage locker, she quickly checked its contents before nodding to her colleagues.

"Good luck," she murmured to them before heading out.

Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:41 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"It's good I like you and your husband. Otherwise I'd have already escaped...Ensign Telak's alright too. The three of you are to be the only medical staff I deal with. The Ensign saved me from a lot of pain, therefor she has earned my trust. Proceed with the test if you must."

[Sickbay]

"See, though," Chira continued, after wishing Ilana good luck, "therein lies a problem. You can't pick and choose who you obey. You can choose who you like, even choose who you respect, so long as you follow the chain of command. But, once you start deciding who is to be listened to, and who is on the 'pay no mind' list, well...that's when problems start."

She held in a sigh, moving closer to the bedside, her voice low. "It's just us out here, Matt. All of us, several hundred souls, alone in a merciless vacuum. The chain of command is there to keep us alive. When your superior gives you an order, do you draw up a committee and discuss its merits and flaws? No, you obey it. If you have a problem, you can lodge a formal protest later, but in the moment? It may be everything that keeps you, and everyone by proxy, alive." That 'everyone else' suddenly seemed more real, and more personal, now that she and Henriks would be bringing another life into it.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Today at 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Mission 2: Tell No Tales
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: