Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:57 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel knew her husband well enough to know that he wasn't happy in the slightest about backing down, but she also knew that the sooner he got used to the idea that she was going to be leading some of the away missions, the better.  

Before he could move away from her, she reached out to touch his arm to say softly:  "You can take the next mission, e'lev.  I won't fight you on it."  She wanted to hug him, to try to somehow make him feel better, but she wasn't about to do that in front of the crew after they had seen their commanding officers have an argument.

Stepping back from her first officer, Archangel nodded to him and headed for the turbolift to go down to the shuttlebay and meet her team.

[Bridge]

Gabriel glanced down at the hand on his arm, and up into the eyes of that hand's owner. He was upset - no, he was furious - at having been overruled, especially when he was right and in the face of his own wife's safety, but she was the captain, and what else could he do? His expression softened as he nodded. "Be safe." I love you.

Slipping into the center seat, Gabriel nodded over to Ops. "We'll have to keep all the eyes we have on them, Mr. Sheridan. I still don't like how this one smells."

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

"I think that y-you may be under estimating the r-rest if the security officers on b-board," Ilana warned him.  Did he really think that a ship currently in peaceful space with out any passengers other than crew and family was about to have deaths occur?  It didn't make much sense to the Cardassian.

Hearing the call from the bridge come through for her to join the away team, she sighed and got to her feet.  Picking up one of the prepared medkits that they kept in a storage locker, she quickly checked its contents before nodding to her colleagues.

"Good luck," she murmured to them before heading out.

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"See, though," Chira continued, after wishing Ilana good luck, "therein lies a problem. You can't pick and choose who you obey. You can choose who you like, even choose who you respect, so long as you follow the chain of command. But, once you start deciding who is to be listened to, and who is on the 'pay no mind' list, well...that's when problems start."

She held in a sigh, moving closer to the bedside, her voice low. "It's just us out here, Matt. All of us, several hundred souls, alone in a merciless vacuum. The chain of command is there to keep us alive. When your superior gives you an order, do you draw up a committee and discuss its merits and flaws? No, you obey it. If you have a problem, you can lodge a formal protest later, but in the moment? It may be everything that keeps you, and everyone by proxy, alive." That 'everyone else' suddenly seemed more real, and more personal, now that she and Henriks would be bringing another life into it.

[Sickbay]

His hand extended towards Ilana as she left as if to say "don't leave". Then he listened to Chira and shook his head. "No, no. This is not a problem with chain of command. This is distrust. Not wanting someone I don't trust as my doctor. End of discussion." His voice was cold and almost soulless in contrast to his usual friendly tone.

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

"Yes ma'am," Gabriel replied, his voice quiet and calm.  It wasn't exactly the most Vulcan-like level of 'emotionless' that he'd ever done, but it was close enough.  Enough to hide the hurt in his voice, at least.  The last thing he wanted to do, though, was have an argument right here in front of the rest of the crew.  He knew that they had enough questions about their validity as a command staff without seeing that.  Turning to one side, Gabe activated his commbadge.

=^="Arthur to Ensigns Telak, Walking Proud, and Pardek.  Meet...Captain T'Koris in Hangar Bay Two and prepare for a landing.  Arthur out."=^=

Moving over to the conn, Gabe gently put his hand on the back of the chair.  "You're with them, Mr. Black.  I want everyone back in one piece."  

The call over the comm came as a slight surprise, interrupting Safefta from meeting with another security officer for practice at the phaser range. However, she always held duty over extras, so she promptly made the turn on her heel and turned directly around.

[Hangar Bay Two]

As she'd been relatively close to the bay already, she noted that she was among the first to arrive. If she though about it, though... had she heard the Captain's name on the  list? She knew Archangel was a very hands-on captain, but Safefta would have to remind her of regulations anyway. Again, although I'm sure she will ignore me and that her husband has already attempted to do so anyway.

Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:05 pm

[Shuttlebay Two]

After a quick stop to pick up her familiar, well worn tool belt, Archangel stepped into shuttlebay two. She was trying to be positive about the upcoming away mission, but she was finding it hard to move past the guilt she felt about the scene she had caused on the bridge with Gabriel. She knew that married command teams were rare, probably for this reason, but Starfleet was desperate at this point.

Trying to push those thoughts to the back of her mind, she took a determined step forward, resolving in her mind to prove that just because she was captain didn't mean that she had to stay with her arse in the command chair all day.

Fate, on the other hand, had different ideas.

As she stepped, Archangel's right knee gave way with an unhealthy cracking sound, sending the Romulan to the deck plating in an undignified sprawl. She gritted her teeth, unwilling to shout out in pain. Instead, she cursed Jarris' name with a number of choice expletives for doing this to her.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Shuttlebay Two]
As she stepped, Archangel's right knee gave way with an unhealthy cracking sound, sending the Romulan to the deck plating in an undignified sprawl.  She gritted her teeth, unwilling to shout out in pain.  Instead, she cursed Jarris' name with a number of choice expletives for doing this to her.

[Shuttlebay Two]

Ilana had been quite relieved to be out of sickbay, a feeling quite unfamiliar to her. On the other hand, she had the impression that she was banging her head against a tritanium bulkhead in trying to get through to the security officer. As much as she felt sorry for Chira and Henriks now having to deal with him, she was glad to be out of there.

One thing she didn't expect to see, however, as she stepped in to the shuttlebay was the sight of her captain on the deck plates, swearing to herself in a low voice. Professional obligation took over and she pulled out her tricorder, crouching next to the Romulan and offering a reassuring smile.

"Lie s-still, sir. Let me take a look."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Shuttlebay Two]

After a quick stop to pick up her familiar, well worn tool belt, Archangel stepped into shuttlebay two.  She was trying to be positive about the upcoming away mission, but she was finding it hard to move past the guilt she felt about the scene she had caused on the bridge with Gabriel.  She knew that married command teams were rare, probably for this reason, but Starfleet was desperate at this point.

Trying to push those thoughts to the back of her mind, she took a determined step forward, resolving in her mind to prove that just because she was captain didn't mean that she had to stay with her arse in the command chair all day.

Fate, on the other hand, had different ideas.

As she stepped, Archangel's right knee gave way with an unhealthy cracking sound, sending the Romulan to the deck plating in an undignified sprawl.  She gritted her teeth, unwilling to shout out in pain.  Instead, she cursed Jarris' name with a number of choice expletives for doing this to her.

[Shuttlebay two]

Safefta hadn't seen, and rather heard the snapping noise and then swearing from a short distance away. It didn't take too long to find and place who was the source. At a jog, Pardek came up to a downed Archangel, nodding to the Cardassian doctor who was looking her over.

She had no idea what had happened in detail, but obviously beyond being likely unable to walk well, T'Koris's life wasn't in immediate danger, so she dropped her mental alert mode off and instead focused on what to do with the situation further.

"Doctor, should I inform the first officer of a change of personnel for the away team?" she asked softly. Clearly, she didn't expect the Captain to be allowed to go on with the landing party with a busted knee.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

His hand extended towards Ilana as she left as if to say "don't leave". Then he listened to Chira and shook his head. "No, no. This is not a problem with chain of command. This is distrust. Not wanting someone I don't trust as my doctor. End of discussion." His voice was cold and almost soulless in contrast to his usual friendly tone.

[Sickbay]

"No, Matt," Chira said, her face still friendly but her tone leaving no argument. "It is about chain of command, and everything else that comes with starship life. You'll have to start to realize that, or else Captain T'Koris will drop you off in the brig of the nearest starbase. Don't try her, either...because she probably would." Glancing around the room, she noted that it had gotten a bit quieter now that most of the others had been called away. "And it's definitely not the end of this discussion. In fact, it's just the beginning."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"No, Matt," Chira said, her face still friendly but her tone leaving no argument.  "It is about chain of command, and everything else that comes with starship life.  You'll have to start to realize that, or else Captain T'Koris will drop you off in the brig of the nearest starbase.  Don't try her, either...because she probably would."  Glancing around the room, she noted that it had gotten a bit quieter now that most of the others had been called away.  "And it's definitely not the end of this discussion.  In fact, it's just the beginning."

[Sickbay]

"No. I'm done with this conversation. When I came to Starfleet I didn't trust one person on medical staff. At least I'm saying I'm okay with three people in sickbay having involvement in the tests. That's really only restricting one doctor out, it is my choice! My decision! Not yours! THAT IS FINAL!" His voice raised. Never with malice, just frustration.

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

"No. I'm done with this conversation. When I came to Starfleet I didn't trust one person on medical staff. At least I'm saying I'm okay with three people in sickbay having involvement in the tests. That's really only restricting one doctor out, it is my choice! My decision! Not yours! THAT IS FINAL!" His voice raised. Never with malice, just frustration.

[Sickbay]

A charinged look crossed Thelos's face. He'd been once again attempting to tune Thompson out, but he was reaching an audio level that was grating on him. Miraculously, he was able to refrain from raising his voice as well.

"Ensign, you're becoming much too loud and a distraction to the rest of sickbay," he said gently. "Please calm down." He really didn't feel like challenging any of Matthew's incorrect statements or even being called a foolish doctor. He just wanted him to be a bit more quiet.

Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Shuttlebay two]

Safefta hadn't seen, and rather heard the snapping noise and then swearing from a short distance away. It didn't take too long to find and place who was the source. At a jog, Pardek came up to a downed Archangel, nodding to the Cardassian doctor who was looking her over.

She had no idea what had happened in detail, but obviously beyond being likely unable to walk well, T'Koris's life wasn't in immediate danger, so she dropped her mental alert mode off and instead focused on what to do with the situation further.

"Doctor, should I inform the first officer of a change of personnel for the away team?" she asked softly. Clearly, she didn't expect the Captain to be allowed to go on with the landing party with a busted knee.

[Shuttlebay Two]

Rounding the curving corridor and through the open shuttlebay doors, Derek halted mid-stride at the scene which greeted him. The Captain was on the ground in obvious pain, a doctor and security officer at her side. There was no way to tell how serious the injury was, although he could tell by the expression on T'Koris' face that it wasn't something which could be shaken off. Minutes before departure of a critical mission, the timing could only have been worse if it had happened on the ground.

Knowing they were on a tight timeline, he quickly tapped his commbadge while moving forwards, alerting sickbay of the matter which had arisen. In his opinion, the Captain was in no condition to still be on duty, much less on an away mission. He trusted she would be professional enough to understand Derek's sense of urgency. =/ \="Chief Black to Sickbay. Medical team and stretcher required in Shuttlebay 2."=/ \=

"Captain, Doctor," Derek knelt down next to the Cardassian, visually assessing T'Koris. From what he could tell, she was in quite a bit of pain, but not in any life threatening distress. "I apologize, but the Phoenix has just entered orbit and we need to launch as soon as possible. I've sent for a Med team to take over care. Ensign," He glanced up at the scarred security officer, "If you wouldn't mind, please contact Commander Arthur and request a replacement."

Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

[Sickbay]

A charinged look crossed Thelos's face. He'd been once again attempting to tune Thompson out, but he was reaching an audio level that was grating on him. Miraculously, he was able to refrain from raising his voice as well.

"Ensign, you're becoming much too loud and a distraction to the rest of sickbay," he said gently. "Please calm down." He really didn't feel like challenging any of Matthew's incorrect statements or even being called a foolish doctor. He just wanted him to be a bit more quiet.

[Sickbay]

That was the final straw. Jumping off the bed he moved standing to look the man in the face. His eyes burned like the depths of hell as he spoke. Now his voice had become more angry and hints of a growing malice slipped in. "You. You started this, therefor you've lost your right to speak to me. Now is not the time to test why I call myself Azrael." In the following moments he disappeared, returning to his quarters. In his quarters hung a punching bag, now was time to unleash.

Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

That was the final straw. Jumping off the bed he moved standing to look the man in the face. His eyes burned like the depths of hell as he spoke. Now his voice had become more angry and hints of a growing malice slipped in. "You. You started this, therefor you've lost your right to speak to me. Now is not the time to test why I call myself Azrael." In the following moments he disappeared, returning to his quarters. In his quarters hung a punching bag, now was time to unleash.

[Sickbay]

It didn't seem to matter where Alex went, trouble always seemed to follow. Although having arrived a few days ago with the last batch of replacements, he had managed to keep to himself, avoiding contact with anyone he knew. It hadn't been too difficult, since they had shipped him across the sector to an entirely different fleet, but sooner or later, Alex knew he'd have to face both Archangel and Arthur. And even if Safefta didn't ask, she would expect an explanation. Really not looking forwards to that. For now, he kept to his quarters after duty hours. No doubt his roommate, a bonus which came with his new status, would have already been gossiping in the crew lounge.

Months in lockup, all the while knowing that he would eventually rejoin the ranks as a lowly Petty Officer. Twelve years, thrown out the window. He had really meant to kill that scumbag who dared to call himself a pilot. That would have made it worthwhile. But two measly punches was all Alex had managed to get in before being dragged off. Bastard probably got a sympathy promotion out of it, he reflected in disgust. Fucking officers.

Walking into sickbay for his first appointment with the ship's counselor, another 'beneficial' condition which the judge had laid as part of his sentencing, Alex caught the tail end of a yellow collared ensign in the midst of throwing a tantrum. The kid was so loud, his voice had actually carried into the corridor outside. Don't get involved. Don't get irritated. Unfortunately, he also recognized the counselor who had been speaking with the officer. Damn. I should really just walk away.

Somewhere between Discovery and Phoenix though, common sense had been given a backseat in Alex's mind, usurped by a troubling tendency of being drawn towards trouble. In blatant defiance of the little protesting voice in the back of his head, his feet took him straight past the skulking problem child and towards his hapless caretakers. Ignoring the ensign's departure, he directed his attention towards Chira. "Excuse me, Counselor? Ch- Petty Officer Wu. I believe we have an appointment scheduled for this time. However," Alex glanced back over his shoulder at the closing doors, unimpressed, "If you're busy at the moment, I don't mind coming back later."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

Alexander Wu wrote:
Somewhere between Discovery and Phoenix though, common sense had been given a backseat in Alex's mind, usurped by a troubling tendency of being drawn towards trouble. In blatant defiance of the little protesting voice in the back of his head, his feet took him straight past the skulking problem child and towards his hapless caretakers. Ignoring the ensign's departure, he directed his attention towards Chira. "Excuse me, Counselor? Ch- Petty Officer Wu. I believe we have an appointment scheduled for this time. However," Alex glanced back over his shoulder at the closing doors, unimpressed, "If you're busy at the moment, I don't mind coming back later."

[Sickbay]

And, just like that, it hit the fan. All of it, in its hot-summer-day glory.

Chira had opened her mouth to say something to Thompson about his not speaking to Thelos in that manner, when the man swept past them all, storming out of sickbay, leaving her looking for all the world like a goldfish sucking air. She stumbled back, completely taken by the rage that was painted on the man's face. In his condition, he was clearly a danger to the ship, or to himself.

Running her fingers through her hair, Chira glanced up as someone else spoke to her. Wu? Why did that name sound familiar? "Ah...um. Mr. Wu? We did have...hold on, I have to take care of something," she said, frowning apologetically while activating her badge.

=^="Counselor Abols to security...personnel emergency! Subject is Matthew Thompson, ensign, security, not known to be armed, unknown if dangerous...but you all probably want to approach with caution. He stormed out of sickbay, and I have no idea what's on his mind."=^=

Chira leaned against the biobed, shaking her head. Homesickness...loneliness...lost love...anxiety...grief...these things, and more, she was equipped to deal with. But someone so dangerously unstable? And with the new life she was carrying...

Retired
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Running her fingers through her hair, Chira glanced up as someone else spoke to her. Wu? Why did that name sound familiar? "Ah...um. Mr. Wu? We did have...hold on, I have to take care of something," she said, frowning apologetically while activating her badge.

=^="Counselor Abols to security...personnel emergency! Subject is Matthew Thompson, ensign, security, not known to be armed, unknown if dangerous...but you all probably want to approach with caution. He stormed out of sickbay, and I have no idea what's on his mind."=^=

[Sickbay]

"Why waste time with security?" Alex remarked bluntly, leaning against the recently vacated biobed. Glancing over at the one stalk Andorian nearby, he turned his attention back to the Counselor. "You've got the computer clearance...check that he's alone, lock his cabin door, flood him out with a gaseous anesthesia, and beam him back in here. It'll save security the trouble and yourself the headache."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

And, just like that, it hit the fan.  All of it, in its hot-summer-day glory.

Chira had opened her mouth to say something to Thompson about his not speaking to Thelos in that manner, when the man swept past them all, storming out of sickbay, leaving her looking for all the world like a goldfish sucking air.  She stumbled back, completely taken by the rage that was painted on the man's face.  In his condition, he was clearly a danger to the ship, or to himself.

Running her fingers through her hair, Chira glanced up as someone else spoke to her.  Wu?  Why did that name sound familiar?  "Ah...um.  Mr. Wu?  We did have...hold on, I have to take care of something," she said, frowning apologetically while activating her badge.

=^="Counselor Abols to security...personnel emergency!  Subject is Matthew Thompson, ensign, security, not known to be armed, unknown if dangerous...but you all probably want to approach with caution.  He stormed out of sickbay, and I have no idea what's on his mind."=^=

Chira leaned against the biobed, shaking her head.  Homesickness...loneliness...lost love...anxiety...grief...these things, and more, she was equipped to deal with.  But someone so dangerously unstable?  And with the new life she was carrying...

[Quarters]

The order came through, even he heard it. =/\= Thompson to security. I'm in my quarters if you'd like to pay me a visit. Just unleashing some anger on a punching bag. I'll leave the door unlocked for you. =/\= At that Matthew took his jacket and laid it on his bed reaching into the door grabbing the same type of wrap fighters use and he quickly wrapped his hand. It was time to let it all out, he threw the first punch towards the punching bag hitting it harshly.

Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 am

Alexander Wu wrote:

"Why waste time with security?" Alex remarked bluntly, leaning against the recently vacated biobed. Glancing over at the one stalk Andorian nearby, he turned his attention back to the Counselor. "You've got the computer clearance...check that he's alone, lock his cabin door, flood him out with a gaseous anesthesia, and beam him back in here. It'll save security the trouble and yourself the headache."

[Sickbay]

Chira shook her head, her rueful smile devoid of anything resembling good humor. "When it comes to all of that kind of stuff, you're talking to the wrong Arthur sibling, Mr. Wu." Now she recognized the name. And the reason he'd been searching her out. Wu had once served with Arch and Gabriel, but had spent some time in the hole. What kind of crew is Starfleet assembling here?

Glancing up sharply as the call came through from...the shuttle bay? Chira allowed only a second's hesitation as the surprise fully registered. "C'mon, Thelos," she said, grabbing up a medkit. "We need to get down there. Mr. Wu, we'll continue this discussion later!"

[Shuttle Bay Two]

What in the... Chira thought as she moved into the bay on the double-quick. "Gurney's coming," she said, opening her medkit and taking out the scanner. "Did you bump it into anything?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
One thing she didn't expect to see, however, as she stepped in to the shuttlebay was the sight of her captain on the deck plates, swearing to herself in a low voice. Professional obligation took over and she pulled out her tricorder, crouching next to the Romulan and offering a reassuring smile.

"Lie s-still, sir. Let me take a look."

Derek Black wrote:

"Captain, Doctor," Derek knelt down next to the Cardassian, visually assessing T'Koris. From what he could tell, she was in quite a bit of pain, but not in any life threatening distress. "I apologize, but the Phoenix has just entered orbit and we need to launch as soon as possible. I've sent for a Med team to take over care. Ensign," He glanced up at the scarred security officer, "If you wouldn't mind, please contact Commander Arthur and request a replacement."

Chira Abols wrote:
What in the... Chira thought as she moved into the bay on the double-quick. "Gurney's coming," she said, opening her medkit and taking out the scanner. "Did you bump it into anything?"

[Shuttlebay Two]

Archangel looked up at the officers who had rapidly gathered around her. Other officers in the shuttlebay were starting to stare and make their way over as well, as they were wont to do whenever someone went down, especially a senior officer.

She was relieved to see a familiar face as the first person to attend to her, the ship's temporarily assigned Cardassian medic. For once, Archangel did as she was told, propping herself up on an elbow, but otherwise keeping still as Ilana ran the tricorder over her. She looked up as Derek and Chira arrived, refraining from pulling a face.

"I just stepped wrong, I think," she told Chira in a muttered tone. She knew that her medical file would have specified the ongoing problems she had with her knee, so didn't bother going into it now. Instead, with a heavy sigh, she tapped her commbadge.

"T'Koris to Commander Arthur. Change of plans. I need you to lead the away team, Gabriel."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"T'Koris to Commander Arthur.  Change of plans.  I need you to lead the away team, Gabriel."

[Bridge]

Gabriel's eyebrows shot up in surprise as the call came in. He was out of the center seat like it burned him. And good riddance to you, he thought, his mind wandering through a million different possibilities. What would have changed his wife's determination to lead this away mission? Had she hurt herself? He wanted to start immediately asking over the comm, but it wasn't exactly the kind of conversation to be having on public channels.

"On my way, Arthur out," he said, keying his badge again and calling Lieutenant Commander Deela to the bridge. As acting Second Officer, the command of the ship would fall to her...at least, until Archangel could get back to the bridge. "Mr. Sheridan, the bridge is yours until...someone else gets here," he said, rushing into the turbolift.

[Shuttle Bay Two]

As Gabe stepped into the main bay, he noted that the medical crews were finishing up tending to Archangel. Knowing her, she'd wanted to be somewhere the hell else by the time he arrived. I will not make a big deal about this, he thought, moving up to the group. "Captain," he said, clipping a holster belt on. "Is...everything ok?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Shuttle Bay Two]

As Gabe stepped into the main bay, he noted that the medical crews were finishing up tending to Archangel.  Knowing her, she'd wanted to be somewhere the hell else by the time he arrived.  I will not make a big deal about this, he thought, moving up to the group.  "Captain," he said, clipping a holster belt on.  "Is...everything ok?"

[Shuttlebay Two]

Great, just great, Archangel thought to herself as she spotted Gabriel making his way towards them, wishing that the medical team would get there faster with the gurney and get her out of there.

She made an effort to unclench her jaw to speak in an even tone. It wasn't easy given the fact that her kneecap felt as if it was trying to burst out from under her skin. "I stepped wrong, Commander. Careless of me. Please take command of the away team while I get myself sorted out."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Great, just great, Archangel thought to herself as she spotted Gabriel making his way towards them, wishing that the medical team would get there faster with the gurney and get her out of there.

She made an effort to unclench her jaw to speak in an even tone.  It wasn't easy given the fact that her kneecap felt as if it was trying to burst out from under her skin.  "I stepped wrong, Commander.  Careless of me.  Please take command of the away team while I get myself sorted out."

[Shuttle Bay]

Standing silently, Gabriel ran his options over in his head. There didn't really seem like anything else that needed to be said. She knew how her knee was affecting her, but Archangel avoided doctors like they were plague rats. Perhaps this would convince her to attend her checkups more regularly. Probably not.

"Understood," he simply said, nodding, as he knelt down and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Keep the fire lit, ma'am. I'll be back soon." Throwing in a wink, Gabe stepped out of the way as the rest of the medical staff arrived to take her to sickbay.

Standing, Gabriel turned to the rest of the assembled crew. "Alright, people. Let's get this circus moving. Fire it up, Derek. Saf, make sure you brought enough firepower. We're going."

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Standing, Gabriel turned to the rest of the assembled crew.  "Alright, people.  Let's get this circus moving.  Fire it up, Derek.  Saf, make sure you brought enough firepower.  We're going."

NPC: Ens. Nita Walking Proud

[Shuttle Bay]

Damn, Nita thought, shouldering her kitbag as she hurried through the corridors and into the bay. She'd been in the middle of an extremely vital experiment, of course, when the call had come through to join in the away team. This was her first one, and, as per the unwritten laws of the universe embarrassing ensigns, she was running late. Not late enough to hold up the works, but...late. She hated it.

As the young woman caught up with the group, she raised a curious eyebrow at what appeared to be the captain being taken away. She wasn't that late. How had the captain already taken an injury? There was no time to consider it, though, as Commander Arthur was already herding them into the shuttle. Nita whispered a silent request for her ancestors to watch over the little party as she joined them.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

She made an effort to unclench her jaw to speak in an even tone.  It wasn't easy given the fact that her kneecap felt as if it was trying to burst out from under her skin.  "I stepped wrong, Commander.  Careless of me.  Please take command of the away team while I get myself sorted out."

[Shuttle Bay]

Watching the assembled away team move on, Chira shook her head slightly, a small smile on her lips. She'd wondered if, in working with her little brother, she'd ever be able to see him as a command officer, and not just a child that used to put bugs in her hair. The transformation was an amazing thing to watch, the way he and Archangel worked together, even when they didn't agree. It was still hard, sometimes, to separate the sibling and the XO, but not as difficult as she thought it might have been. Just think of how hard it must be for the both of *them*, she mused. Seeing your captain brushing her teeth in her underpants and cleaning up baby spit with her, and then slipping into 'captain-commander' mode. It made her thankful that it was something she and Henriks would never have to go through. NCO status had its benefits.

[Sickbay]

"Alright, captain," Chira smiled, helping Archangel onto a biobed. "There's damage to your MCL. I can patch you up for right now, but this will require a bit more work." She pressed a hypo into the joint. "This'll take the pain down." Chira grabbed up a medical tool, running it over the knee. "You...did go for full reconstruction after the...incident, didn't you?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Shuttle Bay]

Watching the assembled away team move on, Chira shook her head slightly, a small smile on her lips.  She'd wondered if, in working with her little brother, she'd ever be able to see him as a command officer, and not just a child that used to put bugs in her hair.  The transformation was an amazing thing to watch, the way he and Archangel worked together, even when they didn't agree.  It was still hard, sometimes, to separate the sibling and the XO, but not as difficult as she thought it might have been.  Just think of how hard it must be for the both of *them*, she mused.  Seeing your captain brushing her teeth in her underpants and cleaning up baby spit with her, and then slipping into 'captain-commander' mode.  It made her thankful that it was something she and Henriks would never have to go through.  NCO status had its benefits.

[Sickbay]

"Alright, captain," Chira smiled, helping Archangel onto a biobed.  "There's damage to your MCL.  I can patch you up for right now, but this will require a bit more work."  She pressed a hypo into the joint.  "This'll take the pain down."  Chira grabbed up a medical tool, running it over the knee.  "You...did go for full reconstruction after the...incident, didn't you?"

[Sickbay]

Archangel didn't bother to protest against Chira as her sister-in-law helped her onto a biobed. There wasn't much point in it anyway. She wouldn't get anywhere other than possibly sedated, and it was just not worth it at all.

Her face twisted up into a snarl as Chira pressed the hypo into her knee, only just resisting the urge to snatch the tool out of the medic's hand. Propping herself up onto an elbow, she avoided Chira's gaze.

"Not quite," she admitted. "I was supposed to undergo full reconstruction when I was still in Starfleet medical after... after it happened. They held off because I couldn't undergo the rehabilitation afterward and by the time I was... by the time I was back in any kind of fit state, my other knee had already healed itself pretty well. They thought that time would do the same for the other and hopefully keep me down a little longer."

Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel didn't bother to protest against Chira as her sister-in-law helped her onto a biobed.  There wasn't much point in it anyway.  She wouldn't get anywhere other than possibly sedated, and it was just not worth it at all.  

Her face twisted up into a snarl as Chira pressed the hypo into her knee, only just resisting the urge to snatch the tool out of the medic's hand.  Propping herself up onto an elbow, she avoided Chira's gaze.

"Not quite," she admitted.  "I was supposed to undergo full reconstruction when I was still in Starfleet medical after... after it happened.  They held off because I couldn't undergo the rehabilitation afterward and by the time I was... by the time I was back in any kind of fit state, my other knee had already healed itself pretty well.  They thought that time would do the same for the other and hopefully keep me down a little longer."

[Sickbay]

It was a little surprising to hear that Starfleet had been complicit in Archangel putting off the medical attention that she had needed.  Then again, few things surprised her anymore.  "We'll take care of it before too long, then," she nodded, clipping her tricorder closed.  "You'll be fine for now...but don't push it."

Chira glanced around, noting that they had a bit of privacy.  "Captain...can I talk to you about something?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

It was a little surprising to hear that Starfleet had been complicit in Archangel putting off the medical attention that she had needed.  Then again, few things surprised her anymore.  "We'll take care of it before too long, then," she nodded, clipping her tricorder closed.  "You'll be fine for now...but don't push it."

Chira glanced around, noting that they had a bit of privacy.  "Captain...can I talk to you about something?"

[Sickbay]

Relieved to hear the all clear from Chira, even if it came with a threat of further medical action, Archangel sat up on the biobed, swinging her legs over the side, wincing slightly as she bent her right knee. Yep, it was still a little tender. Much better than it had been, but tender.

"Of course, Chira. What's on your mind?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Today at 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Mission 2: Tell No Tales
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: