AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

The security teams covered their approach as the party crossed the ridge.  There, on the other side, lay their quarry - a crashed ship.  Owing to the boxy shape of it, Gabriel judged it to be a cargo transport of some kind.  Whatever markings it had, they were illegible from here.  "Well," he drawled, "looks like we - hold up."  Gabe checked and re-checked his tricorder, frowning in puzzlement.  "Telak, confirm...I'm getting life readings from inside that ship."

[Planetside]

Trailing at the back of the group, Ilana had to take a few more steps before she was alongside Commander Arthur, her tricorder already held out in front of her and scanning the remains of the vessel.

"A-affirmative, Commander. I am r-reading approximately s-seven life signs."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

Smiling to the woman he motioned to the seat. "Of course!" The shooting a glance to the security officer he let out a sigh. "What's with Mr. Yellow? You know as well as I do I could never harm you or Henriks. Trust me, I've tried."

He then realized how horrible that sounded. "Let me explain that. One of the training simulations I run constantly on the Holodeck has most of the crew get indoctrinated, I have to knock them unconscious to save the ship from falling into the hands of our enemies, but any time it picks one of the two of you as being indoctrinated, I can't do it. No matter how hard I try."

[Mess Hall]

Chira slipped into the seat, her eyebrow raising a little at Thompson's mention of his trying to hurt her husband...and her. While real people were sometimes used in holographic situations, it still triggered a defensive instinct in her brain with the thought of someone trying to do harm to Henriks. Professionalism was one thing, but family...was family.

"Well...it's good to hear that you're not going to hurt me, Matt, but I have to warn you - it's generally considered poor form to make doppelgangers of your crewmates without their knowledge. And as for him," she added, nodding to the security officer. "He's here under the captain's orders. Honestly...I think you're lucky that she's busy and distracted, right now...else you might be cooling your heels in the brig."

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Planetside]

Trailing at the back of the group, Ilana had to take a few more steps before she was alongside Commander Arthur, her tricorder already held out in front of her and scanning the remains of the vessel.  

"A-affirmative, Commander.  I am r-reading approximately s-seven life signs."

[Planetside]

"Seven, damn," Gabriel quietly said, nodding. "Alright. We're going to do this real careful-like." Drawing his phaser, Gabe keyed it to stun. "Phasers to stun...for now." He started to step forward, but then remembered that not only did he have a captain sitting in orbit, waiting for news from the team...he also had a wife. Reaching over, Gabe tapped his commbadge.

=^="Arthur to Phoenix, status report...we've located the downed craft and are approaching. Close-range scans indicate that there are approximately seven life signs aboard. We'll keep you updated. Arthur out."=^=

Turning to the away team, he nodded toward the wreckage. "Those look like bay doors on that ship, Saf. Secure the perimeter, and let's see what...or who...is waiting for us."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Mess Hall]

Chira slipped into the seat, her eyebrow raising a little at Thompson's mention of his trying to hurt her husband...and her.  While real people were sometimes used in holographic situations, it still triggered a defensive instinct in her brain with the thought of someone trying to do harm to Henriks.  Professionalism was one thing, but family...was family.

"Well...it's good to hear that you're not going to hurt me, Matt, but I have to warn you - it's generally considered poor form to make doppelgangers of your crewmates without their knowledge.  And as for him," she added, nodding to the security officer.  "He's here under the captain's orders.  Honestly...I think you're lucky that she's busy and distracted, right now...else you might be cooling your heels in the brig."

"I promise that simulation is no more that a test of will. One of two I use. The other has my parents and my dead fiancé Amanda turn against me. I can take my parents, but when it comes to Amanda I fail every time. The reason I do it isn't because I don't like you all, it's because nothing tests my will quite as well as that. So I suppose even I have weaknesses." Matthew let out a sigh.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:14 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

=^="Arthur to Phoenix, status report...we've located the downed craft and are approaching.  Close-range scans indicate that there are approximately seven life signs aboard.  We'll keep you updated.  Arthur out."=^=

[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

Archangel had been shifting restlessly as she stood on the bridge, anxious for any news from the away team on the planet. She assumed that if the transporter was still locked onto their bio signs, then at least they still had bio signs. It wasn't much of a comforting thought, but it was the only comfort she had at that point.

Hearing the communication come through, however, was a great relief to the Romulan. She let out a short breath before replying.

"Acknowledged, Commander. Be careful. Keep an open channel."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"I promise that simulation is no more that a test of will. One of two I use. The other has my parents and my dead fiancé Amanda turn against me. I can take my parents, but when it comes to Amanda I fail every time. The reason I do it isn't because I don't like you all, it's because nothing tests my will quite as well as that. So I suppose even I have weaknesses." Matthew let out a sigh.

"What's up?" He asked.

[Mess Hall]

What's up? Chira thought, resisting the urge to sigh.  So.  It was going to be this way.  "I think you know why I'm here, Matt," she quietly said, looking down at her folded hands.  She glanced back up, her doe-brown eyes' usual softness hardened somewhat with reproach.  "You can't keep on the way you're going.  All this defiance and threatening, and lack of respect for both the chain of command and your superiors.  Half of security is calling for you to be in metaphorical irons.  It's...you're risking your very career with all this."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Mess Hall]

What's up? Chira thought, resisting the urge to sigh.  So.  It was going to be this way.  "I think you know why I'm here, Matt," she quietly said, looking down at her folded hands.  She glanced back up, her doe-brown eyes' usual softness hardened somewhat with reproach.  "You can't keep on the way you're going.  All this defiance and threatening, and lack of respect for both the chain of command and your superiors.  Half of security is calling for you to be in metaphorical irons.  It's...you're risking your very career with all this."

[Mess Hall]

Matthew took an airy breath in and let out a slight sigh. "You just don't get it. Respect is far different than trust. I respect people plenty, but I trust three people on this ship excluding myself. I don't trust them one bit, their judgment, their motives, and why should I? To see the worst in people all you have to do is take a long hard look at my life. From my parents being framed for murder, to my best friend betraying me and having my fiancé slaughtered." He could barely get the last part out before tears began rolling down his face.

"I miss her so much. Not a single night goes by I don't hear her calling to me...begging for help. Every time I try though, I fail. Just like I failed her in reality. She was the only woman I've ever loved, we started dating when I was only 14. She was the definition of perfection. I remember when I escaped from Joseph Alden, I hired her as a chef under an aliase, when she saw me for the first time her eyes lit up like you wouldn't believe. She had waited, didn't move on; like she knew I was still out there even though I was officially declared dead." That was the moment it hurt the worst, he quickly burried his face in his hands. He wasn't a fan of people seeing him in a weak and broken state, which made things worse.

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

Matthew took an airy breath in and let out a slight sigh. "You just don't get it. Respect is far different than trust. I respect people plenty, but I trust three people on this ship excluding myself. I don't trust them one bit, their judgment, their motives, and why should I? To see the worst in people all you have to do is take a long hard look at my life. From my parents being framed for murder, to my best friend betraying me and having my fiancé slaughtered." He could barely get the last part out before tears began rolling down his face.

"I miss her so much. Not a single night goes by I don't hear her calling to me...begging for help. Every time I try though, I fail. Just like I failed her in reality. She was the only woman I've ever loved, we started dating when I was only 14. She was the definition of perfection. I remember when I escaped from Joseph Alden, I hired her as a chef under an aliase, when she saw me for the first time her eyes lit up like you wouldn't believe. She had waited, didn't move on; like she knew I was still out there even though I was officially declared dead." That was the moment it hurt the worst, he quickly burried his face in his hands. He wasn't a fan of people seeing him in a weak and broken state, which made things worse.

[Mess Hall]

Chira sat quietly, letting Thompson work through his emotion. Her heart ached for him, but she also knew that they were working with two separate issues. Connected, yes, definitely...but also separate. For the moment.

"I know you miss her, Matt," she said, her voice soft. What would it be like to lose Henriks? Could she cope? What if something happened to her brother? "But...the trust still is the key issue. You're security. How can you properly function if you don't, inherently, trust your co-workers? Your shipmates? It's just all of us out here, Matt. Nobody else is close enough to help us. We have to have each other to fall back on."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside]

"Seven, damn," Gabriel quietly said, nodding.  "Alright.  We're going to do this real careful-like."  Drawing his phaser, Gabe keyed it to stun.  "Phasers to stun...for now."  He started to step forward, but then remembered that not only did he have a captain sitting in orbit, waiting for news from the team...he also had a wife.  Reaching over, Gabe tapped his commbadge.

=^="Arthur to Phoenix, status report...we've located the downed craft and are approaching.  Close-range scans indicate that there are approximately seven life signs aboard.  We'll keep you updated.  Arthur out."=^=

Turning to the away team, he nodded toward the wreckage.  "Those look like bay doors on that ship, Saf.  Secure the perimeter, and let's see what...or who...is waiting for us."

Pardek was highly suspicious. Oh, sure, she was... happy -whatever happy was for her- that there was a possibility of survivors inside the craft, but just because there were seven lifesigns didn't mean they were the people they were looking for. The Romulan wanted to minimise the threat of that possibility.

A flick of her finger set the dial on her phaser to stun in response to Gabriel's order. "Aye, sir..." She glanced over at the cardassian on the team. She may not have liked the first impression she'd gotten, but she was still part of the team and Safefta wouldn't let something like that interfere with the job at hand.

"Crewman Kattell, with me," she ordered in a monotone, with a light gesture with her phaser in the direction she wanted to go. Given their surroundings, it wasn't too difficult to determine that- for now, the outside perimeter was secure and that the bay doors could be opened.

"I do not believe the door will open by itself, so I require your assistance to force it open if that is the case."

Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:17 am

Chira Abols wrote:

[Mess Hall]

Chira sat quietly, letting Thompson work through his emotion.  Her heart ached for him, but she also knew that they were working with two separate issues.  Connected, yes, definitely...but also separate.  For the moment.

"I know you miss her, Matt," she said, her voice soft.  What would it be like to lose Henriks?  Could she cope?  What if something happened to her brother?  "But...the trust still is the key issue.  You're security.  How can you properly function if you don't, inherently, trust your co-workers?  Your shipmates?  It's just all of us out here, Matt.  Nobody else is close enough to help us.  We have to have each other to fall back on."

[Mess Hall]

"The last person I trusted fully is the person responsible for all of this. Why I showed him mercy I will never understand...he sure as hell didn't deserve it. I trust people's ability, but not their judgement, definitely not their instincts...at least not when they go against mine. My instincts are based on experience. My problem is; I trust until I find a reason not to. And I dig for that reason." Matthew shook his head. He didn't want to be the way he was, at all.

"You and Henriks were the first people to ever be kind to me; in Starfleet that is. You earned my trust." Matthew looked Chira in the eyes, the color of his was now a jade green, tears rolled down his face. "I'll never understand why you were kind. You had every right not to be."

Back to top Go down
NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:

Pardek was highly suspicious. Oh, sure, she was... happy -whatever happy was for her- that there was a possibility of survivors inside the craft, but just because there were seven lifesigns didn't mean they were the people they were looking for. The Romulan wanted to minimise the threat of that possibility.

A flick of her finger set the dial on her phaser to stun in response to Gabriel's order. "Aye, sir..." She glanced over at the cardassian on the team. She may not have liked the first impression she'd gotten, but she was still part of the team and Safefta wouldn't let something like that interfere with the job at hand.

"Crewman Kattell, with me," she ordered in a monotone, with a light gesture with her phaser in the direction she wanted to go. Given their surroundings, it wasn't too difficult to determine that- for now, the outside perimeter was secure and that the bay doors could be opened.

"I do not believe the door will open by itself, so I require your assistance to force it open if that is the case."

Crewman Kattell

[Planetside]

Kattell moved to obey Pardek's order, her scale-hackles rising only slightly at being bossed by a Romulan. She knew that, as Cardassian, she was just about the last person in the universe that should be judging her Starfleet comrades on their species. Still, though...nobody trusted Romulans. With good reason. "Yes ma'am," the Cardassian snapped, moving to obey. With the ship crashed and mangled as it was, most of the automated systems would probably be wrecked. The doors weren't moving anywhere without manual pressure.

Helping grip the narrow space between the doors, she groaned with exertion, the servos struggling against them. The combined strength of Romulan and Cardassian, however, was too much for it and the hold doors came hissing open.

The stench of unwashed body and death that escaped from the hatch was almost overwhelming - a kind of rot that one could practically taste in the back of their mouth. "Damn," Kattell muttered, as greenish-blue sunlight filled the ship. Inside huddled frightened, nearly-naked, wide-eyed humanoid forms.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:01 pm

NPC wrote:

The stench of unwashed body and death that escaped from the hatch was almost overwhelming - a kind of rot that one could practically taste in the back of their mouth.  "Damn," Kattell muttered, as greenish-blue sunlight filled the ship.  Inside huddled frightened, nearly-naked, wide-eyed humanoid forms.

[Planetside]

As soon as Ilana registered what was inside the crashed shuttle, she darted forward, her tricorder at the ready, starting to take as many readings as she could. Kneeling down amongst them, she pulled ration packs of water from her medkit, distributing them to the survivors.

"Eight dead, s-seven survivors," she reported. "L-lacerations, a f-few broken bones, m-minor v-viral infection, severe m-malnutrition and d-dehydration. N-nothing l-life th-threatening. I w-would p-prefer to get them b-back to the ship f-for t-treatment."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Captain Krespo

[Nearby Space...]

Krespo slammed a large, meaty fist into his command chair console, the duranium casing holding but his transparapolymer screen shuddering. He wasn't much concerned with breaking his tech right now, though. "Sholdan!" he snarled - a fairly venomous Orion oath. "How did these Federation interlopers get here before we did?"

The question was mainly rhetorical, but his helmsman, Duga, answered. "They must have been in close range to pick up the auto-distress. Apparently the...cargo...activated it. The Federation has been expanding again, since their war ended."

Sighing heavily, Krespo leaned back in his chair. "I wondered when those bitches would start sticking their nose into it again. Well, here they are," he snarled. The pirate captain had encountered a Nebula-make ship before, but he also knew that Starfleet had upgraded heavily during the late war. Still...they were three against one...and had the element of surprise.

"Can we take them?" His brain was already weighing the risks. One of their craft was downed on the planet...and he certainly wouldn't want it falling into Federation hands. Plus, it was full of very, very valuable cargo. His buyers did not like excuses.

Duga thought a moment, then nodded. "I believe so, Captain. Our Ion Glide propulsion has us running quiet. They cannot detect us until we open fire." Krespo nodded again, resting his chin on his fist. He didn't like it at all, but...there was too much at risk.

"Fine. Target their sensitive areas, and fire when you have a confirmed lock. Let's get this over with."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

USS PHOENIX: Bridge

Andrew had been taking care of the normal routines that went with waiting, but mostly he had been focused on three projects with the aid of Tactical and Sophie. One of those projects was keeping the shield modification program up to date. Using it to defy the Borg was one thing, but he still wasn't sure how well it would do against ion weaponry. So long as the shields were never allowed to take more than a couple of hits at any given time...they would have a fair amount of success.

The second thing he had been working on was to continue as the Captain had ordered, and that meant keeping an eye on the planet surface in the area around the away team. That, however, was almost unnecessary as Commander Arthur's team seemed to be doing exceptionally well on finding out details before he could from orbit.

The last item, however, had been the true puzzle that had plagued Andrew from the moment he began: the ion propulsion. Something about this one just seemed off completely. Ion weapons was something he had never heard of, but ion propulsion as well was starting to make him think that someone had found...or were experimenting with a new energy source to use. While such experiments were good to have; combined with the distress call did not set well with Andrew. Thus, he had been working exceptionally hard on finding the source of such usage.

Instead of finding the source, though, the young Operations Ensign found three other faint signatures. He blinked at first, and then blinked again. Yes, the signatures were unmistakable...ion trails...fresh, and by their trajectory...three in spearhead formation...on an intercept for.....them.

Andrew snapped out of immediately. There was no need to ponder the meaning of such a formation heading for them. Without asking for permission...a bad habit of his taking the initiative; Andrew sent the info directly to Tactical and Helm. Sophie would already have her own copy with their stations linked.

"Captain, three ion trials heading directly for us in spearhead formation...bearing 003 mark 015...estimated speed....I can only guess at three-fourths impulse. I suspect going faster than that would make them easier to detect," Andrew Sheridan reported grimly. Already, targeting solutions were being sent to Tactical to aid the operator on duty, and the new shield program was ready to activate. Keeping the ship clean of extra ions so as not to disrupt systems was ready to go, but how effective it would be at three to one odds was anyone's guess.

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
USS PHOENIX:  Bridge
"Captain, three ion trials heading directly for us in spearhead formation...bearing 003 mark 015...estimated speed....I can only guess at three-fourths impulse.  I suspect going faster than that would make them easier to detect," Andrew Sheridan reported grimly.  Already, targeting solutions were being sent to Tactical to aid the operator on duty, and the new shield program was ready to activate.  Keeping the ship clean of extra ions so as not to disrupt systems was ready to go, but how effective it would be at three to one odds was anyone's guess.

[Bridge]

Archangel, already tense enough that Gabriel was gallivanting down on the planet and in possible danger, jumped as Ensign Sheridan reported that there were three vessels incoming, all of them with ion trails.

"Get the shields up," she ordered. "Open hailing frequencies, see if we can communicate with them before getting into a fire fight. As much as I'm sure this ship can pack a punch, I'd really rather not find out!"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"The last person I trusted fully is the person responsible for all of this. Why I showed him mercy I will never understand...he sure as hell didn't deserve it. I trust people's ability, but not their judgement, definitely not their instincts...at least not when they go against mine. My instincts are based on experience. My problem is; I trust until I find a reason not to. And I dig for that reason." Matthew shook his head. He didn't want to be the way he was, at all.

"You and Henriks were the first people to ever be kind to me; in Starfleet that is. You earned my trust." Matthew looked Chira in the eyes, the color of his was now a jade green, tears rolled down his face. "I'll never understand why you were kind. You had every right not to be."

[Mess Hall]

A few of the random crew in the mess hall were gawking at the scene, but a quick glance from Chira sent them scurrying. If her position as ship's counselor wasn't enough, most people knew that she was the captain's sister-in-law. Whatever works, she thought.

"I don't think that Henriks or myself was inordinately kind. We're just people...just like the others you work with. You first met us and didn't trust us. In fact," she said, arching an eyebrow with a smile, "I think you threatened to shoot me. Or something. But you got to know us." Reaching across the table, Chira rested a hand on his arm. "Get to know others, too. Work with them. Not against them."

She opened her mouth to say more when the kalxon-like blare of Red Alert caught her off guard. "Damn," Chira bit off, shaking her head. "We'll have to continue this another time, Matt. I need to get to Sickbay." Whatever the hell was going on, she certainly hoped that medical wouldn't be needed. Hope never healed anyone, though.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Mess Hall]

A few of the random crew in the mess hall were gawking at the scene, but a quick glance from Chira sent them scurrying.  If her position as ship's counselor wasn't enough, most people knew that she was the captain's sister-in-law.  Whatever works, she thought.

"I don't think that Henriks or myself was inordinately kind.  We're just people...just like the others you work with.  You first met us and didn't trust us.  In fact," she said, arching an eyebrow with a smile, "I think you threatened to shoot me.  Or something.  But you got to know us."  Reaching across the table, Chira rested a hand on his arm.  "Get to know others, too.  Work with them.  Not against them."

She opened her mouth to say more when the kalxon-like blare of Red Alert caught her off guard.  "Damn," Chira bit off, shaking her head.  "We'll have to continue this another time, Matt.  I need to get to Sickbay."  Whatever the hell was going on, she certainly hoped that medical wouldn't be needed.  Hope never healed anyone, though.

[Mess Hall]

"I would get to work...but you know...I'm under Doctors orders to not be on duty. Don't really know what to do with myself now. Guess I'll just finish my food." Matthew let out a slight laugh as people scurried around him.

Keeping calm he slow continued eating his steak and potato.

Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Bridge

Andrew immediately activated the starship's shields, and prepared the ship for battle. In the matter of running Ops, that simply meant redistributing power across the board to allocate more for defenses...phasers, torpedoes, shields, computer aid, and so forth. Where once a Federation starship sat on a mission of exploration and rescue; now there sat a Starfleet cruiser ready for battle. It was something Starfleet had learned to become...warriors. This was especially true after the Dominion War, and with the incursions by the Borg. Those who still thought of the Federation as weak and unable to fight...or unwilling to...had much to learn still.

The Nebula-class was not the most maneuverable of Starfleet's cruisers...certainly nothing like the Defiant and much larger Sovereign, but she had other attributes. Of Starfleet's cruisers, the Nebula had a reputation for begin able to take damage, and dish it out nicely. She had multiple phaser arrays to take on more agile opponents. Anyone who thought that the slightly aging Nebula-class couldn't hold her own need only see their battle records during the Dominion War.

To this end, Andrew made sure that Tactical had all the power they would need to keep the shields, phasers, and torpedoes ready. That was one of his primary duties in preparing a ship for battle, and he did so swiftly. Klaxon alarms sounded on every deck of the ship...summoning his comrades to battle stations. Up came the shields, the phasers charged, and the torpedoes ready. Both the cleansing program for systems, and the new shield rotation idea were online. They were as ready as they could be.

Even as he did this though; Andrew Sheridan complied with hailing the three vessels even now attempting to sneak up on them....

"You're on, Ma'am," Andrew stated.

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Mess Hall]

"I would get to work...but you know...I'm under Doctors orders to not be on duty. Don't really know what to do with myself now. Guess I'll just finish my food." Matthew let out a slight laugh as people scurried around him.

Keeping calm he slow continued eating his steak and potato.

NPC Post - Lieutenant Dietrich

As the counsellor moved off to take up her post in sickbay, the lieutenant straightened up. He hadn't been all that happy that the ensign was out of his quarters when he was supposed to be confined there, but the Counsellor had agreed to meet him here and he was only there to make sure that Thompson didn't hurt her.

Dietrich stepped forward, looking down at the ensign. "If you'll come with me, Ensign, you are to be confined to quarters."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge
Even as he did this though; Andrew Sheridan complied with hailing the three vessels even now attempting to sneak up on them....

"You're on, Ma'am," Andrew stated.

[Bridge]

Knowing that, should there be a firefight, she wouldn't be able to keep her balance on her feet, Archangel sat down in the command chair, nodding in acknowledgement to Ensign Sheridan as he stated the readiness of the comm channel. She took a deep breath.

"Unidentified vessels, this is Captain T'Koris of the Federation Starship Phoenix. We are rendering assistance. Please identify yourself."

Sitting back in her chair, she watched the viewscreen, hoping that they could diffuse this situation peacefully. She really didn't want to get into a firefight.

Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:46 pm

NPC wrote:

As the counsellor moved off to take up her post in sickbay, the lieutenant straightened up.  He hadn't been all that happy that the ensign was out of his quarters when he was supposed to be confined there, but the Counsellor had agreed to meet him here and he was only there to make sure that Thompson didn't hurt her.

Dietrich stepped forward, looking down at the ensign.  "If you'll come with me, Ensign, you are to be confined to quarters."

[Mess Hall]

Matthew looked to his food and then back to the man. "You know. I was enjoying this steak. It's pretty obvious I'm not trying to harm anyone while I'm focused on this beautiful piece of meat. I'll go perfectly willingly if you just...let me finish my food. Also if you could either sit down or give me some space...you're making me nervous standing there all...puffy chested. Why don't you grab some food? We can get to know each other...or something like that."

Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Mess Hall]

Matthew looked to his food and then back to the man. "You know. I was enjoying this steak. It's pretty obvious I'm not trying to harm anyone while I'm focused on this beautiful piece of meat. I'll go perfectly willingly if you just...let me finish my food. Also if you could either sit down or give me some space...you're making me nervous standing there all...puffy chested. Why don't you grab some food? We can get to know each other...or something like that."

[Mess Hall]

Lieutenant Dietrich's jaw clenched. He had heard stories about this junior officer, about how he couldn't follow straight orders without backtalk. He lifted his chin slightly, relaxing his position so as to be able to move quickly should the need arise.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible," he countered. "Under the captain's orders, you were not to leave your quarters. Counsellor Abols' presence mitigated those orders, but now that she has left and we are under a red alert situation, you must return to your quarters immediately."
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Captain Krespo

[Orion Vessel]

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Unidentified vessels, this is Captain T'Koris of the Federation Starship Phoenix.  We are rendering assistance.  Please identify yourself."

Reaching over, Krespo gave his helm officer a sharp whap about the side of the head. "Damn your mother's hide, I thought you said we were running silent!" The other man gave a chagrined look, turning in his chair. "I...I have no idea, Captain Krespo! They must have picked up on something!"

Krespo snarled, but he knew that there was nothing much else that could be done about it now. Damn this Romulan junk, he thought, trying not to re-imagine all the millions of GPL he'd sunk into retro-fitting his ships with the Ion Glide tech. It did usually work better...

"Go ahead and put her on," he sighed, settling back into his chair. What had the captain called herself? T'Koris? Sounds Vulcan. That's the last damn thing I need. Their element of surprise lost, he didn't like his ship's chances against the Federation vessel. And so he would have to...talk. These Federation pigs loved to talk, but Krespo hated it.

"Captain T'Koris," Krespo said, sounding genial. Or, at least, what he assumed was 'genial', and trying to hide his surprise at the uniformed face that filled his viewer. Not Vulcan at all...maybe she stole the damn ship. If that was the case, he could probably make a deal. "I am Krespo, master of the vessel Latinum Wave. Please excuse our manner of appearance, but...well. This is a dangerous region of space."

Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm

NPC wrote:

[Orion Vessel]

"Captain T'Koris," Krespo said, sounding genial.  Or, at least, what he assumed was 'genial', and trying to hide his surprise at the uniformed face that filled his viewer.  Not Vulcan at all...maybe she stole the damn ship.  If that was the case, he could probably make a deal.  "I am Krespo, master of the vessel Latinum Wave.  Please excuse our manner of appearance, but...well.  This is a dangerous region of space."

[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

Orion. That was Archangel's first reaction to the face that appeared on the main viewscreen. She had to admit that she was relieved to see that the Orion was male and not female. The female ones always tended to give her a headache and render her crew somewhat distracted.

She got to her feet, taking a few steps forward before stopping, clasping the top of her cane in both hands in front of her. She had always considered it polite to stand up to talk to people on the viewscreen. She wasn't sure why.

"Captain Krespo," she said in greeting. "I am Captain Archangel T'Koris. We were dispatched here to investigate a distress call from the planet's surface. Am I right in assuming that the craft is one of yours?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

As soon as Ilana registered what was inside the crashed shuttle, she darted forward, her tricorder at the ready, starting to take as many readings as she could.  Kneeling down amongst them, she pulled ration packs of water from her medkit, distributing them to the survivors.

"Eight dead, s-seven survivors," she reported.  "L-lacerations, a f-few broken bones, m-minor v-viral infection, severe m-malnutrition and d-dehydration.  N-nothing l-life th-threatening.  I w-would p-prefer to get them b-back to the ship f-for t-treatment."

[Planetside]

Gabe nodded to the Cardassian, his eyes scanning the area. If this was a trap, it'd probably already be sprung by now, but it didn't hurt to be extra careful. "Good call, Ilana. See if anyone's in need of immediate care." Fighting off the rising bile in his stomach, Gabriel noted and confirmed with Ensign Walking Proud that the markings on the ship were, indeed, of Orion nature. Which made the nearly-naked people inside...

"Slaves," he breathed, shuddering at the word. "Goddamn slaves." It was unbelievable that people could still traffic in lives. Then again, thinking of what people like Sovereign and Ikelos were capable of...nothing much surprised him anymore.

=^="Arthur to Phoenix! Arch, it's living cargo! This appears to be some kind of transport ship. Three Bajorans, one Deltan, two humans, and...a Wadi, I think? All in bad shape. It's...Orion."=^=

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Today at 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Mission 2: Tell No Tales
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: