Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 2: Tell No Tales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge

"Not that I am aware of, Doctor," Andrew answered with a look back briefly as he signaled to Security to have their people in place at the brig before beaming the seventeen pirates over there.  "The Captain may need to be checked.  She was standing when we took our first hit, but other than that...I don't recall any other injuries.  We have seventeen pirates beaming to the brig very soon, but you can have them checked over when you are ready.  I doubt there is a rush.  If anything, you can monitor their condition from Medical to decide if they need immediate help.  For any needing to go to Sickbay - two guards will accompany the patient in question," the young Ensign continued just as he beamed the pirates to the brig, and then secured them in their new cells.  Any energy or electronic devices they had on them were neutralized by the transporter.

"Pirates secured, Captain," Andrew continued with another glance back at his CO.  With the shields down now; Wu would be able to beam the survivors and away team aboard with ease.


SCPO Sophie Callan

[Bridge]

Amazingly, things seemed to be going as planned from here on out. They'd come through the firefight - the first real slug-fest that the Phoenix had been in - relatively intact. She still didn't want to know the butcher's bill for whatever had gone down on the planet surface, but...here in orbit? Not bad.

An insistent beeping on her console drew Sophie's eyes back to the display, at the same time it came over the other Ops console at which Sheridan sat. Surplus energetic build-up in the M/ARA of the derelict ship, actual hyperactiv-- "Oh sh...Captain T'Koris!" she shouted, re-checking her readings. Damn sneaky Orions! "They've rigged thir warp core to supercharge! It's gonna blow!"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Bridge

Andrew didn't need to hear anything else.  His initiative kicked in immediately, and set the shields to double front.  With the cruiser already between the planet and the pirate vessel; that was the best he could do until Wu could get the people aboard. With no shields facing aft; they could still beam up the away team and survivors, but time was of the essence.

He gulped hard...there wasn't much he could do now.  If Wu could get them aboard quickly; then he could get the ship further away to safety.  If not, they were going to take a beating for this.

=/\=Wu, now would be a great time to get those people aboard!=/\= Andrew told him over the comm.

_______________________________

For The Future...


Last edited by Andrew Sheridan on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Posts : 399
Join date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 am

NPC wrote:




Aeri

[Planetside]

"I know," the Deltan girl said, her voice a soft tone tinged with roughness, like silk dragged over concrete.  "I know we did what we had to...would have done what we had to."  Aeri closed her eyes again, opening them after a few seconds, giving the wound in Safefta's shoulder a considering look.  "I'm sorry I can't take more of your pain," she said.  "The skies...they're quiet."  The Deltan closed her eyes, drifting into unconsciousness.

Safefta glanced upward at the dusty sky and saw that Aeri was right- there were no more explosions, no more missiles headed at them. In the moment of looking away from Aeri, however, she missed the Deltan passing out. When she glanced back down and saw the now-still woman, Safefta thrust her fingers of her one useful arm forward to check for a pulse, fearing the worst.

When she found a steady beat under her fingers, she relaxed. She didn't want to wake her up... unconsciousness was probably a lot better than the hell of being awake that she'd probably faced for some time. Come to think.. Safefta wouldn't mind... sleeping...

Pardek shook her head and snapped her chin up. The amount of blood she'd lost was spreading quite an impressive puddle under her, and had completely soaked down the side of her uniform. She was feeling a little sleepy, but she was alert enough for now to keep an eye out for her surroundings, and hope that whatever the Phoenix was doing, that they'd pull the team and survivors out of there soon.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:37 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"It's good to hear your voice, Commander," she replied over the comm channel.  "Dogfight's over up here for the moment.  We'll be beaming you out of there as soon as the transporter room gets their arse in gear.  Make sure all of the survivors are tagged for transport so we can get a lock on them easily."

[Planetside]

At the sound of his wife's voice, Gabe let out a little breath that he didn't realize he'd been holding. Granted, she was a hell of a lot safer in the belly of a Nebula-class starship than he'd been on the bombed-out surface of a planet, but...such was life.

=^="Understood. We'll be ready in a few moments."=^=

The stragglers had been corralled into the protective cover of a fat, wide rock shelf. Now that the heat of battle had cooled, Gabriel could see easily a dozen problems with the location, but...with the resources and time available, he could also see that it had been the best, and most convenient, option.

As he finished helping tag the survivors, Gabe's blue eyes widened at the sight of Safefta. If they didn't get to Sickbay soon, she looked like she'd have to be added to the casualty list, along with Kattell, who barely held to life.

=^="Arthur to Phoenix. We're ready down here."=^=

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Derek Black wrote:

"Cheers, Doc." Derek rapidly packed the bag up, slinging it over his shoulder. Grasping the doctor's elbow firmly to help her getting up, he pointed in the direction of the opening. "The XO's relocated survivors and the team about a hundred metres underneath a rock outcropping. We also have a security officer down, massive crush injuries to everything below the abdomen...we'll need to bring down equipment to brace the rock before beaming her out."

[Planetside]

Stumbling in the direction Derek had pointed her in, Ilana struggled to stay upright as she made her way toward the fallen Cardassian. She could see another yellow shirt, the Romulan, lying in the protection of a shell hollow with one of the survivors, but she knew that there was probably little she could do. Her main task was to stabilise the other Cardassian.

Kneeling next to Kattel, she pulled out her tricorder, starting to take scans. There were still life signs there, erratic, but there. Ilana knew that she needed the facilities back on board ship to be able to save her life.

Looking around at the other people at the site, she swallowed hard, hoping that someone had called up to the ship for a beam out.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 58
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

Pardek shook her head and snapped her chin up. The amount of blood she'd lost was spreading quite an impressive puddle under her, and had completely soaked down the side of her uniform. She was feeling a little sleepy, but she was alert enough for now to keep an eye out for her surroundings, and hope that whatever the Phoenix was doing, that they'd pull the team and survivors out of there soon.

[Planetside]

Dragging the last casualty out to their triage point, Derek spent several seconds bent over, breathing heavily. Damn this heat! I'm not as young as I used to be. Still working to catch his breath, he glanced up to see the Romulan swaying, a pool of green blood soaking into the ground below her. Goddamnit. Grabbing his lightened medpack, Derek pulled out his last two pressure dressings and hurried over.

"Stay still, I've got to take a look at that." He instructed, kneeling next to her and looking for the source of the blood. Ripping her shredded uniform apart to expose the wound, Derek had to suppress a wince of sympathy. "Well that's just a big ol' bee sting you've got there. I'll patch you up." He tried to sound reassuring while placing one dressing on either side of the imbedded fragment. Securing both as a stopgap measure to reduce further blood loss, he glanced back at Telak. "How's she doing, Doc?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge

=/\=Wu, now would be a great time to get those people aboard!=/\= Andrew told him over the comm.

[Transporter Room 2]

Yeah, thanks for the update. Alex didn't bother responding while working furiously with that room's operator to reestablish locks on their away team, along with the newly activated transponders. Rapidly diminishing distance markers beside each contact underlined the severity of the situation. What the hell are we doing, driving into atmo?

=/\="Transporter Room 2 to Sickbay, multiple incoming, stand clear."=/\= Alex warned, activating the system. Several seconds later, he confirmed that everyone had arrived. =/\="Transporter Room 2 to Bridge, all away team and tagged casualties are in sickbay."=/\=

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:17 pm

Bridge

The moment the report came in from Wu; Andrew coordinated with the helmsman, and with the shields fully raised; the Federation cruiser sped away from the planet at full impulse. Time was of the essence...the pirate vessel was set to blow in seconds. The moment the ship was past the gravity well of the planet; Andrew gave extra power to the warp drive, and soon the PHOENIX leaped into warp seven. Andrew didn't hesitate to add power to the inertia dampeners...just in case the explosion caused a shockwave that would catch them. After all, they were dealing with ion technology, and there just could be some unusual consequences.

The explosion happened only moments later, and the shockwave came as Andrew feared, but by then...the starship was past the majority of the power of it....though it did shake the ship some.

"Clear, Captain," Ensign Sheridan stated, but he didn't even want to guess just how badly the planet had been hurt by this explosion.

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:24 pm


Ealia

[USS Phoenix - Brig]

In a matter of seconds, Ealia found herself transferred from a dying vessel and into the cold heart of a holding pen.  Oh well, she thought, not the first cell interior I've ever seen.

Staring straight ahead, the Crew Officer ran over in her mind the steep price that Krespo's  little cabal had paid for this recovery operation.  Not even counting the unknown cost of the lost cargo, there was also two ships, plus the wrecked one.  Three Ion Glide cloaks, she thought, rubbing her temples.  It was a matter of time before she escaped from whatever penal colony she was destined for, but...would she even want to find Krespo again?  

Ealia sighed, ignoring the rest of her crew that had been beamed into this cell, and the others. She rested her head against the cool duranium, also pointedly ignoring the hard-eyed security officers stationed in the brig.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Bridge

As the Federation cruiser sped away from what could have been a disaster; Andrew Sheridan was going over the damage they had sustained from the pitched battle. It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, and that was at least something good. Still, they would need some repair time, but nothing they couldn't handle on their own. True, a starbase would be more capable of handling the repairs, but it wasn't necessary.

"Captain, we have damage to the shield grid. The entire system is stressed from this unusual attack. I wouldn't want to put us in another firefight until it was repaired. Current estimates on repair time for that is seventeen hours. Bottom/forward phaser emitter is no longer operating. One of those ion blasts slipped past our shields and ionized it. It will take the better part of the day to get it back online. Transporter One is out of commission, but it should be back up in four hours. Same goes for the Tactical console here on the Bridge. No word on casualties yet, Ma'am," Andrew reported, and then turned his station over briefly to Sophie.

Only then did he stand up and give the PADD to the Captain with the damage report on it. Overall, it wasn't bad.

In a whisper, so as not to embarrass the Captain, "I can take the Bridge until Commander Arthur comes up, or the next duty officer. I don't think a trip to Sickbay would be a bad idea, Ma'am," he said respectfully and with concern.

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:56 am

Alexander Wu wrote:
=/\="Transporter Room 2 to Bridge, all away team and tagged casualties are in sickbay."=/\=

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge
"Clear, Captain," Ensign Sheridan stated, but he didn't even want to guess just how badly the planet had been hurt by this explosion.

"Captain, we have damage to the shield grid. The entire system is stressed from this unusual attack. I wouldn't want to put us in another firefight until it was repaired. Current estimates on repair time for that is seventeen hours. Bottom/forward phaser emitter is no longer operating. One of those ion blasts slipped past our shields and ionized it. It will take the better part of the day to get it back online. Transporter One is out of commission, but it should be back up in four hours. Same goes for the Tactical console here on the Bridge. No word on casualties yet, Ma'am," Andrew reported, and then turned his station over briefly to Sophie.

Only then did he stand up and give the PADD to the Captain with the damage report on it. Overall, it wasn't bad.

In a whisper, so as not to embarrass the Captain, "I can take the Bridge until Commander Arthur comes up, or the next duty officer. I don't think a trip to Sickbay would be a bad idea, Ma'am," he said respectfully and with concern.

[Bridge]

"Acknowledged, Transporter Room 2, thank you," Archangel replied through the comm channel, relieved to hear that everyone had been recovered from the planet's surface. Having everyone return was worth the loss of the shuttle. Shuttles were replaceable.

The damage report was fairly substantial, but that was to be expected. This was the first fire fight the Phoenix had been in. She had done very well when you took that into account. In fact, she was proud of how well the crew had performed.

She had just been considering whether or not to head down to Engineering and offer to lend a hand to get the ship back up and running when Ensign Sheridan stepped up to her to hand her the PADD with the damage report on it. Her expression hardened as he suggested that she go to sickbay. She was sure that the doctors had far more to concern themselves with other than her. They had just beamed up seven survivors of a slave craft as well as however many people on the away team who had been injured. They certainly wouldn't want their captain breathing down their necks.

On the other hand, it would be a good idea to show support by checking on the casualties. And get a first-hand report from Gabriel.

"All right, Ensign," she said wearily, getting to her feet and leaning heavily on the cane to take the weight off her injured knee. "Get the repairs under way. Find some safe corner of the system to stop if we need to or at least drop back to impulse. We don't have new orders yet in any case, so let's concentrate on getting back to operational standard."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Posts : 399
Join date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:23 am

Derek Black wrote:


[Planetside]

Dragging the last casualty out to their triage point, Derek spent several seconds bent over, breathing heavily. Damn this heat! I'm not as young as I used to be. Still working to catch his breath, he glanced up to see the Romulan swaying, a pool of green blood soaking into the ground below her. Goddamnit. Grabbing his lightened medpack, Derek pulled out his last two pressure dressings and hurried over.

"Stay still, I've got to take a look at that." He instructed, kneeling next to her and looking for the source of the blood. Ripping her shredded uniform apart to expose the wound, Derek had to suppress a wince of sympathy. "Well that's just a big ol' bee sting you've got there. I'll patch you up." He tried to sound reassuring while placing one dressing on either side of the imbedded fragment. Securing both as a stopgap measure to reduce further blood loss, he glanced back at Telak. "How's she doing, Doc?"

[Planetside]

Safefta's vision was beginning to get a bit fuzzy around the edges when she felt (and saw) some attempt to patch her up until they could be beamed out. Don not touch me, she though vaguely to herself, but didn't bother saying it aloud. Even she knew it was pointless to argue. Still, one of Black's comments almost made her smile. "Are bees made of shuttle fragments?" she asked. Safefta didn't have an absent sense of humor... it just picked very odd times to show up. Apparently, bleeding out was a good time for it.

Though she was jostled repeatedly, she didn't feel any further severe pain. She knew she had Aeri to thank for that, but all it was doing now was making her feel weak without cause. And now the Deltan was unconscious. "It... does not hurt," she said pointlessly.

Alexander Wu wrote:

[Transporter Room 2]

Yeah, thanks for the update. Alex didn't bother responding while working furiously with that room's operator to reestablish locks on their away team, along with the newly activated transponders. Rapidly diminishing distance markers beside each contact underlined the severity of the situation. What the hell are we doing, driving into atmo?

=/\="Transporter Room 2 to Sickbay, multiple incoming, stand clear."=/\= Alex warned, activating the system. Several seconds later, he confirmed that everyone had arrived. =/\="Transporter Room 2 to Bridge, all away team and tagged casualties are in sickbay."=/\=

[Sickbay]

Within a few seconds of those syllables leaving her throat, the planet scene dissolved and gave way to the floor of a rushing and confusing sickbay- Safefta's least favourite part of the ship, save for maybe the brig. Truthfully, however, she didn't have a lot of protestations to make at the moment... perhaps later, when she wasn't some near shish-kebab anymore.

The biobeds all seemed rather full, and Safefta was feeling much too sluggish (and unwilling) to stand up and find one- besides, even as she was she was still concerned about the unconscious Deltan beside her. As far as she was concerned, Aeri was still a bit of her responsibility until Medical took over.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:35 am

Bridge

Ensign Sheridan blanched a bit as he noted the hardening of the Captain's facial features at his suggestion. Had he stepped out of line to suggest such? True, he was only an Ensign, but the Captain needed help. Sure, there were others that were possibly more wounded than she was, but that didn't mean her injuries shouldn't be taken care of any less.

To his relief, she agreed in the end, and Andrew sighed slightly to show that relief.

"Of course, Captain. We'll get the ship back up and running," he said quietly...blushing slightly at having so boldly stepped up to the Captain like that.

'Where did that come from, I wonder?' he thought to himself as he took the center seat after Archangel had left. He would never have been so bold before, but something about working with this crew had brought out the best part of him....the part of that usually hid behind duty and so forth....compassion. In any case, there was work to do, and since he was no entrusted with the Bridge and the ship; Andrew focused on the tasks at hand.

Priorities were important in sorting out repairs, and so he took the second PADD containing the copy of the report, and began to allocate the repair teams accordingly. Transporter Room One was not a huge necessity at this particular moment, and so he pushed that down to the bottom of the repair schedule. The phaser emitter and shield grid were of higher concerns, but then he stopped....

Engineering knew what needed to be done. He was micromanaging....something his mother had always warned a good starship commander never did. He gulped hard remembering that lesson, and that he was just about to make that mistake. Taking a breath; Andrew simply made sure Engineering was aware of the damages, and left the matter at that.

"Helm, drop us from warp to half impulse power...maintain course. Lets give our people in Engineering time to get things sorted. Chief Callan, make sure our Operations people are aiding Engineering in the repairs," Andrew instructed.

It was then that he realized he had made a tiny mistake in taking command. With him in the center chair; sure he could coordinate things, but he was no longer able to participate directly in the repairs needed. He shook his head with a slight smile at his error. Being in command kind of tied one down a bit from being in the thick of such things, but he was sure he would get used to it....in time....if such things were meant to be...

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:53 pm

[Sickbay]

Thankfully, before she could respond to Derek's somewhat insensitive question, Ilana found herself and her critical patient beamed to sickbay.  She would have to thank the transporter operator later.  He had managed to have Kattel rematerialise on one of the biobeds.

The Cardassian went to work immediately, grabbing an equipment tray and setting to work on stabilising the security officer.  Mute or not, she was the best person to treat Kattel.  They were both Cardassians.  She could understand the physiology from a different perspective to other humanoids.

She worked diligently, the only distraction she afforded herself being to nod in acknowledgement to the captain as she walked into sickbay, and even that was only a second's glance.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 pm

[Sickbay]

Gabriel found himself beamed from the hell of the planet's surface to the hellish confusion of sickbay. Doctors and med techs were moving like a kicked anthill, with quite a few of them attending to Kattell, he was glad to see. Someone would have to take a look at Ilana's implant, but right now she was too busy for him to push the issue.

The room spun as Gabe stumbled, very nearly falling. A young tech caught him, beginning to go to work on his forehead. "I'm fine, dammit," he muttered, with very little of his usual good humor. He had to get to the bridge. "Go...there's more people a hell of a lot worse off than me," he added, giving the young woman a small smile.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"Helm, drop us from warp to half impulse power...maintain course.  Lets give our people in Engineering time to get things sorted.  Chief Callan, make sure our Operations people are aiding Engineering in the repairs," Andrew instructed.

It was then that he realized he had made a tiny mistake in taking command.  With him in the center chair; sure he could coordinate things, but he was no longer able to participate directly in the repairs needed.  He shook his head with a slight smile at his error.  Being in command kind of tied one down a bit from being in the thick of such things, but he was sure he would get used to it....in time....if such things were meant to be...


SCPO Sophie Callan

[Bridge]

"Aye aye, Acting Captain," Sophie said, her grin a little playful. Not that she didn't recognize the gravity of the situation, but...life had to have a little bit of levity, didn't it? All business again, Callan set to work. Both Ops and Engineering would be up to their nostrils in work over the next few days, but...it could have been a lot worse, she thought. A lot worse. The kind of day that made one think about life, and their place in it. The kind of day that made Sophie wonder why she'd waited so long to ask Sheridan to meet her for coffee.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Sickbay]

Gabriel found himself beamed from the hell of the planet's surface to the hellish confusion of sickbay.  Doctors and med techs were moving like a kicked anthill, with quite a few of them attending to Kattell, he was glad to see.  Someone would have to take a look at Ilana's implant, but right now she was too busy for him to push the issue.

The room spun as Gabe stumbled, very nearly falling.  A young tech caught him, beginning to go to work on his forehead.  "I'm fine, dammit," he muttered, with very little of his usual good humor.  He had to get to the bridge.  "Go...there's more people a hell of a lot worse off than me," he added, giving the young woman a small smile.

[Sickbay]

Spotting Gabriel in the crowd of people dashing around sickbay as they dealt with the influx of casualties, Archangel made her way over to him in time to hear him grumble at a medic with a tricorder and a dermal regenerator. She had to smile slightly at the sight. Usually, this happened the other way around.

"Belay that order, crewman," she countered. "Deal with the head wound and check for a concussion. I'm sure the rest of his bumps and scrapes can be healed later."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:52 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


Spotting Gabriel in the crowd of people dashing around sickbay as they dealt with the influx of casualties, Archangel made her way over to him in time to hear him grumble at a medic with a tricorder and a dermal regenerator.  She had to smile slightly at the sight.  Usually, this happened the other way around.

"Belay that order, crewman," she countered.  "Deal with the head wound and check for a concussion.  I'm sure the rest of his bumps and scrapes can be healed later."

[Sickbay]

Gabe was just about to leave Sickbay when he noticed that the very same medic that he'd sent on to look after others had come back with a vengeance. His gentle admonition turned into a smile, though, as he saw the source of the medic's change of heart. It certainly was a busy time in Sickbay when the captain herself could move about, mostly un-noticed.

"I was just about to come find you, anyway," he said, sitting in one of the computer workstation's seats. He could relent to treatment, but he'd be damned if he'd take up a bed space. Besides...it probably was wise to get examined. As the crewman scanned his forehead, Gabriel did his best to fill Archangel in on everything. "Kattell's in critical condition," he added. "Gonna be touch-and-go with her...I don't think she'd have made it, had we been down there any longer. And we lost the Durer...concussion charge landed right on it. Bastards missed their target, but sure didn't miss our ship."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Sickbay]

Gabe was just about to leave Sickbay when he noticed that the very same medic that he'd sent on to look after others had come back with a vengeance.  His gentle admonition turned into a smile, though, as he saw the source of the medic's change of heart.  It certainly was a busy time in Sickbay when the captain herself could move about, mostly un-noticed.

"I was just about to come find you, anyway," he said, sitting in one of the computer workstation's seats.  He could relent to treatment, but he'd be damned if he'd take up a bed space.  Besides...it probably was wise to get examined.  As the crewman scanned his forehead, Gabriel did his best to fill Archangel in on everything.  "Kattell's in critical condition," he added.  "Gonna be touch-and-go with her...I don't think she'd have made it, had we been down there any longer.  And we lost the Durer...concussion charge landed right on it.  Bastards missed their target, but sure didn't miss our ship."

[Sickbay]

Archangel stood next to her first officer, leaning heavily on her cane, as Gabriel was seen to by the medic. It was a bit of a relief to her that he had consented to being checked over, even thought she knew that he would rather slink out of sickbay and let the medics take care of the other casualties.

Listening to the report made her jaw clench, mostly that Kattell was critical. She had looked in briefly on the security officer, but Ilana had been busy working on her.

"Ilana's working to get her stabilised," she replied in what she hoped was a reassuring voice. "She's in good hands. "We have a few casualties up here, but nothing serious has been reported so far. I think the worst was a console explosion on the bridge."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:47 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel stood next to her first officer, leaning heavily on her cane, as Gabriel was seen to by the medic.  It was a bit of a relief to her that he had consented to being checked over, even thought she knew that he would rather slink out of sickbay and let the medics take care of the other casualties.

Listening to the report made her jaw clench, mostly that Kattell was critical.  She had looked in briefly on the security officer, but Ilana had been busy working on her.

"Ilana's working to get her stabilised," she replied in what she hoped was a reassuring voice.  "She's in good hands.  "We have a few casualties up here, but nothing serious has been reported so far.  I think the worst was a console explosion on the bridge."

[Sickbay]

"...And that's been seen to," Chira said, approaching her brother and Archangel. Inside, her stomach was doing flip-flops in relief at seeing him without serious injury. "Sickbay can't spare any doctors, but they sure can spare a part-time nurse and counselor to take a look at the captain herself." As Gabe stood up out of the chair he'd been occupying, Chira gave his arm a quick squeeze and smiled. Then she nodded to the chair, indicating that Archangel should take the seat. "We need to make sure you're not continually injuring that knee...and I need to schedule you a surgery."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:55 am

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"...And that's been seen to," Chira said, approaching her brother and Archangel.  Inside, her stomach was doing flip-flops in relief at seeing him without serious injury.  "Sickbay can't spare any doctors, but they sure can spare a part-time nurse and counselor to take a look at the captain herself."  As Gabe stood up out of the chair he'd been occupying, Chira gave his arm a quick squeeze and smiled.  Then she nodded to the chair, indicating that Archangel should take the seat.  "We need to make sure you're not continually injuring that knee...and I need to schedule you a surgery."

[Sickbay]

Archangels brief smile at hearing Chira's report on the officer who had been injured on the bridge rapidly disappeared as she brought up the (quite literally) sore subject of her knee. She stayed on her feet, one eyebrow raised.

"My knee can wait, Chira. All I did was fall over on the bridge when the ship rolled." She pulled a face. "Oh, great. I can't refuse, can I? Setting a good example for the crew and all that."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Sickbay]

Archangels brief smile at hearing Chira's report on the officer who had been injured on the bridge rapidly disappeared as she brought up the (quite literally) sore subject of her knee.  She stayed on her feet, one eyebrow raised.

"My knee can wait, Chira.  All I did was fall over on the bridge when the ship rolled."  She pulled a face.  "Oh, great.  I can't refuse, can I?  Setting a good example for the crew and all that."

[Sickbay]

"You got it," Chira said, giving a half-smile and a nod toward the chair. "Sickbay's estimating that the non-critical cases will be out of here, off bed-rest, and back on duty within about three days, so...we can schedule your knee surgery then. For now, I want you off of it as much as possible. I will not keep you doped up completely on anesthesia - the pain lets you know when you're pushing it too far."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"You got it," Chira said, giving a half-smile and a nod toward the chair.  "Sickbay's estimating that the non-critical cases will be out of here, off bed-rest, and back on duty within about three days, so...we can schedule your knee surgery then.  For now, I want you off of it as much as possible.  I will not keep you doped up completely on anesthesia - the pain lets you know when you're pushing it too far."

[Sickbay]

Archangel was not happy and it showed clearly on her face. She was caught between a rock and a hard place in her own mind. On one hand, a captain was supposed to project an air of strength and invincibility, but on the other hand, she couldn't fall into her usual habit of refusing medical treatment. She couldn't set that kind of example for the rest of the crew.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Ok, schedule the surgery," she grumbled. I'll find a way to wriggle out of it later. "I assume you won't kick up a fuss if I go and sit on the bridge rather than take up space down here?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 119
Join date : 2014-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 am

[Quarters]

Matthew sat alone for a short time eating his food, but after finishing it, he'd never been more bored in his life. That was when he saw it sitting there. His "box of memories." Remenants of a life passed. Wouldn't hurt to look through it. Quickly he moved that tattered black suitcase-like box onto his bed flipping the latches and opening it. It was mostly memorabilia about his parents, but buried deep into the case was an envelope. One he'd all but forgotten about. Amanda, his fiancé had given it to him the day she died. Way earlier in the day, they had written each other letters. But after what happened, he'd never opened it.

His voice was airy like he'd seen a ghost as he tapped his comm badge. =/\= Chira. It's Matthew; when you get a moment free I need your help with something. =/\=

_______________________________

"Two options exist, either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." -Arthur C. Clarke
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


Archangel was not happy and it showed clearly on her face.  She was caught between a rock and a hard place in her own mind.  On one hand, a captain was supposed to project an air of strength and invincibility, but on the other hand, she couldn't fall into her usual habit of refusing medical treatment.  She couldn't set that kind of example for the rest of the crew.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.  "Ok, schedule the surgery," she grumbled.  I'll find a way to wriggle out of it later.  "I assume you won't kick up a fuss if I go and sit on the bridge rather than take up space down here?"

[Sickbay]

Nodding, Chira gave Archangel a final injection in her knee. "Sounds like a plan, then," she said, mirroring one of her brother's favorite expressions. "I'll put you in the planner." And drag you kicking and screaming if you try and dodge me, she thought. "Of course, you're free to go. Just...take it easy, okay?"

Matthew Thompson wrote:
=/\= Chira. It's Matthew; when you get a moment free I need your help with something. =/\=

Chira glanced up, quietly excusing herself. =^="Abols here. I'm a bit swamped right now with all the arrivals, but we'll get together later this evening."=^=

That was most certainly going to be another minefield. But...one crisis at a time.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Today at 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 2: Tell No Tales
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: