Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Yesterday at 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Hark! (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:22 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Officer's Quarters]

For once, Ilana had actually been resting when the door chime sounded.  Half-curled on her heating rock, her favourite place to snooze, she sighed quietly and called for the computer to let her guest in, knowing that it would be Raynor.

She gave a wide yawn, shifting herself into a sitting position and scratching at a scale.  She wasn't sure if he knew about her most recent visit to the Starbase's medical facility, when she had returned from the Phoenix's most recent mission and had to go and get the wire that linked her implants replaced.  The operation had been quick and relatively easy when compared to the initial installation of the implants, but it had still thrown her slightly.

Knowing that her best friend was going to be coming by to meet her so that they could go to the Christmas gathering together, the Cardassian had taken care to change out of her uniform into civilian attire before taking a nap so that she would be ready to go when he arrived.  

She smiled at Raynor, slipping off the rock and stretching.  "H-hello, Raynor!" she greeted him warmly.

[Officer's Quarters]

"Good evening," Raynor replied, returning her smile with one just as warm. Some would be disconcerted to see a Klingon smile - they didn't usually, unless they were ready to kill you - but, as people so often forgot, Raynor was also half human. Setting the beer down, Raynor wrapped Ilana in a close embrace. "You...you look fantastic," he said, brushing a few strands of her short hair back behind her ear, unsure of exactly why he'd felt the need to say that.

Perhaps it was because he'd missed her. Raynor hadn't had much of a chance to catch up with the doctor since returning from his diplomatic duties on the Homeworld. "Ah. Anyway. The sooner we get to this function, the sooner it will be over. Though, I believe I would rather stay and drink here than among so much damn brass."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 am

"Hello," he answered his Captain, but just barely restrained himself from calling her by her rank. It wasn't easy, but then...neither did he call her by her name. That might have been a bit...awkward. In any case, he turned to face his CO, and gave a polite smile and nod. "Actually, I was just thinking about doing exactly that. I haven't celebrated in several years," Andrew admitted sadly...though he declined to elaborate further. As he scanned the crew members arriving from the PHOENIX; he realized there was one person he didn't see, and further discovered a hope to see her at the party: Sophie.

Since coming aboard the PHOENIX; Andrew Sheridan had discovered while working with his superior in Ops that he rather liked the woman. At times, he even found himself missing her presence; despite the fact that they had yet to actually sit and talk outside of their work environment. It was a strange new sensation for the young Ensign, but something he thought should be explored....somehow. He had never taken the time to ask any woman out on a date before. He wasn't even sure how to go about it. His love of literature, however, gave him points of references to draw upon, and he gulped hard as he realized that perhaps...just maybe...he should have asked her to come with him.

Feeling rather foolish; Andrew shook his head with a slight grin. There were ways to make up for this. One of his mother's favorite flowers had been poinsettias, and another had been carnations...the white ones were her favorite. His father had given both to her on Christmas gatherings and celebrations, and Andrew thought Sophie might enjoy them. Not able to decide on which one; he opted for both, and bowed politely to the Captain and her family.

"My apologies, Ma'am, I believe I forgot something important. I will return shortly," he said blushing rather badly before beating a hasty retreat. There was a gift shop on the starbase for tourists run by Bajoran woman, and he remembered seeing flowers there when he had passed by it on his way to the party. In he went, and swiftly his eyes scanned the place to seek out his goals. Luck, fortunately, was with him on both counts.

Without thinking about the price; Andrew picked up a single white carnation in an emerald colored vase decorated neatly, and a poinsettia plant. As he was walking up to the counter he snagged a beautifully decorated invitation card, and then tapped his comm badge.

=/\=Computer, locate Chief Sophie McCallan,=/\= Andrew inquired.

=/\=Sophie McCallan is on the PHOENIX in her quarters,=/\= came the female computer response.

Perfect, she must think no one wants her to go. Good job, Andrew! he berated himself as he came to the counter.

"Miss, I need a pen, please, and then send these items directly to these quarters, please," Andrew said.

The Bajoran woman nodded handing over a pen, and Andrew neatly scrawled his signature with a private message for Sophie: I would love it if you would accept my invitation to come to the Christmas party on the starbase, and will be by your quarters to pick you up in ten minutes if you so wish.

"That will be 159 credits, Sir," the woman stated.

Andrew blanched for a moment, and then realized it was likely from the flowers being real, the transportation fee to the ship, and yet Sophie was worth it. He paid the required fee even as the woman put the items into the small transporter unit behind her to send off. After giving the coordinates, Andrew gulped hard again...knowing he must have been blushing enough to match the old Starfleet command crimson uniforms. Yet, he didn't let himself think about it, but left to go pick Sophie up from her quarters....hoping he hadn't just made a fool of himself.

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

"And I accept your congratulations," Chira smiled, though all this talk about being 'obliged' to return to Earth was discomforting.  She knew that Starfleet Medical did not fully think of Zero as a real person, with her own ideas and thoughts and goals.  It was sickening.

The comment about the family, though, caught Chira completely by surprise.  Had she been drinking something, she probably would have spit it up.  "Ah...well.  Yes.  We're...attempting...to procreate."  Chira could swear that Admiral Stark was covering up a laugh.  If she had that same drink, she probably would have thrown it at him.  "I think we're fine with old-fashioned methods for now," Chira murmured.

A pale blush crept over Zero's cheeks as she realised that she had failed to adequately communicate her thoughts. She had not intended to infer...

She looked down at her boots, embarrassed. "I did not wish to... What I intended to say is that I am at your disposition at all times along the length of both conception and pregnancy. I have studied midwifery in some depth."

Searching her mind for a subject, any subject to lead them away from the awkwardness she had caused, she looked around the hall. "I... uh... I hear that the Phoenix's last mission was a successful one."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Officer's Quarters]

"Good evening," Raynor replied, returning her smile with one just as warm.  Some would be disconcerted to see a Klingon smile - they didn't usually, unless they were ready to kill you - but, as people so often forgot, Raynor was also half human.  Setting the beer down, Raynor wrapped Ilana in a close embrace.  "You...you look fantastic," he said, brushing a few strands of her short hair back behind her ear, unsure of exactly why he'd felt the need to say that.  

Perhaps it was because he'd missed her.  Raynor hadn't had much of a chance to catch up with the doctor since returning from his diplomatic duties on the Homeworld.  "Ah.  Anyway.  The sooner we get to this function, the sooner it will be over.  Though, I believe I would rather stay and drink here than among so much damn brass."

[Officer's Quarters]

Ilana winced slightly as Raynor's fingers brushed against the newly-replaced wire. It was a little tender. The swelling was going down, but it was still slightly puffy. Her cheeks darkened slightly as he complimented her, but she hugged him back, smiling in return.

"I have m-missed you while y-you were away," she replied as they let each other go. "It was qu-quiet without you." She eyed the bottles Raynor had been carrying, remembering the last time she had partaken of alcohol. Raynor had stayed with her then, tending to her with all the care of a mother cat her kitten. "Surely this f-function cannot be as bad as th-that?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana winced slightly as Raynor's fingers brushed against the newly-replaced wire.  It was a little tender.  The swelling was going down, but it was still slightly puffy.  Her cheeks darkened slightly as he complimented her, but she hugged him back, smiling in return.

"I have m-missed you while y-you were away," she replied as they let each other go.  "It was qu-quiet without you."  She eyed the bottles Raynor had been carrying, remembering the last time she had partaken of alcohol.  Raynor had stayed with her then, tending to her with all the care of a mother cat her kitten.  "Surely this f-function cannot be as bad as th-that?"

"I missed you, too," the Klingon replied, simply as that. And it was the complete truth. If her life was quiet without him, then his life seemed...directionless...without her in it. Incomplete. Raynor grinned and glanced at the beers. "Oh. I'm sure it will be as wildly thrilling as any other officer's get-together. Though, it is unfortunate that it will not be held in the Klingon tradition." He shrugged. "Knowing Stark, though...it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't try and get a cistern of bloodwine."

Raynor raised an eyebrow, stopping in his tracks and turning back to the Cardassian. "You winced when I touched your wires, Lana. Is something wrong with them?"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"I missed you, too," the Klingon replied, simply as that.  And it was the complete truth.  If her life was quiet without him, then his life seemed...directionless...without her in it.  Incomplete.  Raynor grinned and glanced at the beers.  "Oh.  I'm sure it will be as wildly thrilling as any other officer's get-together.  Though, it is unfortunate that it will not be held in the Klingon tradition."  He shrugged.  "Knowing Stark, though...it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't try and get a cistern of bloodwine."

Raynor raised an eyebrow, stopping in his tracks and turning back to the Cardassian.  "You winced when I touched your wires, Lana.  Is something wrong with them?"

[Officer's Quarters]

The Cardassian pulled a face at the thought of consuming a lot of alcohol, especially Klingon alcohol. One mug of that would have her on the floor in seconds.

The scales above her eyes shifted into a look of slight surprise and then one of guilt. "I had a l-little accident when I w-was out with the Ph-Phoenix. I had to replace the wiring b-between my implants." She pulled a slight face as she touched the tender spot just above her ear. "It's f-fine. Just a little t-tender."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


[Officer's Quarters]

The Cardassian pulled a face at the thought of consuming a lot of alcohol, especially Klingon alcohol.  One mug of that would have her on the floor in seconds.  

The scales above her eyes shifted into a look of slight surprise and then one of guilt.  "I had a l-little accident when I w-was out with the Ph-Phoenix.  I had to replace the wiring b-between my implants."  She pulled a slight face as she touched the tender spot just above her ear.  "It's f-fine.  Just a little t-tender."

[Quarters]

Raynor's eyes flared white as they widened. He set the beer down, standing in front of Ilana's doorway like the physical impediment that he was. Nobody had seen fit to tell him any of this? Probably because she's a woman grown and you are not her nusemaid, he thought, promptly burying the thought. It wasn't a matter of nursemaiding. Could she not remember how delicate the procedures were? That she'd literally died during it?

"That does not sound like a...little accident. What in all of the hells could have caused damage to your wiring!"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Quarters]

Raynor's eyes flared white as they widened.  He set the beer down, standing in front of Ilana's doorway like the physical impediment that he was.  Nobody had seen fit to tell him any of this?  Probably because she's a woman grown and you are not her nusemaid, he thought, promptly burying the thought.  It wasn't a matter of nursemaiding.  Could she not remember how delicate the procedures were?  That she'd literally died during it?

"That does not sound like a...little accident.  What in all of the hells could have caused damage to your wiring!"

Ilana took a small step back as Raynor seemed to become angry after she had told him about the damage to her wiring. She swallowed hard a couple of times, calming herself down before she answered him in what she hoped was a calmer voice than what she felt.

"W-w-we w-weren't r-replacing th-th-the implants," she protested quietly. "J-j-just the w-wire b-between th-them. I w-was h-h-helping s-survivors of a sh-ship c-c-crash wh-when O-Orions s-s-started t-to b-b-bombard us f-f-from o-orbit. I w-was h-hit b-by a f-f-falling b-beam th-that l-landed on th-the w-w-wire. One of th-the officers h-had to c-c-cut it."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana took a small step back as Raynor seemed to become angry after she had told him about the damage to her wiring.  She swallowed hard a couple of times, calming herself down before she answered him in what she hoped was a calmer voice than what she felt.

"W-w-we w-weren't r-replacing th-th-the implants," she protested quietly.  "J-j-just the w-wire b-between th-them.  I w-was h-h-helping s-survivors of a sh-ship c-c-crash wh-when O-Orions s-s-started t-to b-b-bombard us f-f-from o-orbit.  I w-was h-hit b-by a f-f-falling b-beam th-that l-landed on th-the w-w-wire.  One of th-the officers h-had to c-c-cut it."

[Quarters]

Seeing Ilana step back was enough to let Raynor know that he'd perhaps shouted a bit too loudly...but the stronger pronouncement of her stammer also always was an indicator of her level of agitation. It seemed that, no matter what he did, he ended up as a negative aspect of her life.

"Easy, Lana," the Klingon said, smiling softly as he touched a gentle hand to her shoulder. "You've a warrior's true heart, woman. I should not be surprised that you take a warrior's wounds, as well." He shook his shaggy head, his hair hanging loose. "That still doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful, though." Cocking his head to one side, Raynor studied the wires. "Perhaps...some kind of synthetic covering. Something to blend in with the skin...a polymer of sorts, to add protection."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Quarters]

Seeing Ilana step back was enough to let Raynor know that he'd perhaps shouted a bit too loudly...but the stronger pronouncement of her stammer also always was an indicator of her level of agitation.  It seemed that, no matter what he did, he ended up as a negative aspect of her life.

"Easy, Lana," the Klingon said, smiling softly as he touched a gentle hand to her shoulder.  "You've a warrior's true heart, woman.  I should not be surprised that you take a warrior's wounds, as well."  He shook his shaggy head, his hair hanging loose.  "That still doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful, though."  Cocking his head to one side, Raynor studied the wires.  "Perhaps...some kind of synthetic covering.  Something to blend in with the skin...a polymer of sorts, to add protection."

[Officer's Quarters]

The fact that Raynor had dropped his voice and relaxed his posture went a long way in helping Ilana calm herself. She looked at the hand he had rested on her shoulder, placing one of her hands over it before looking back up at him. "A c-casing wouldn't have h-helped. Th-the beam was on t-top of it and it was t-t-too heavy to move."

She shook her head to herself, stepping forward to hug the Klingon tightly. She had missed his massive presence while he had been back on the homeworld. "We h-had better get to th-the gathering..."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

Andrew blanched for a moment, and then realized it was likely from the flowers being real, the transportation fee to the ship, and yet Sophie was worth it.  He paid the required fee even as the woman put the items into the small transporter unit behind her to send off.  After giving the coordinates, Andrew gulped hard again...knowing he must have been blushing enough to match the old Starfleet command crimson uniforms.  Yet, he didn't let himself think about it, but left to go pick Sophie up from her quarters....hoping he hadn't just made a fool of himself.


SCPO Sophie Callan

[Quarters]

Shaking her head and smiling, Sophie stood in front of her small mirror, adjusting the green dress she so rarely wore.  She'd planned on completely skipping out of this gathering...up until about ten minutes ago.  Even though she was a department head, her NCO status gave her the flexibility to opt away from gatherings of top brass.  

That was, until she'd received flowers?  It was such a wonderfully old-fashioned gesture that it'd taken her quite aback, until she saw who they were from.  And that didn't surprise me in the least bit, she thought, smiling again.

Sophie glanced down to her chronometer, knowing that Sheridan, having received her affirmative, would be here soon.  She knew he'd be on time.  What Ops officer wasn't punctual?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
It had been a task and a half to get her family out of their quarters on the ship and onto the station, but Archangel finally had both of her daughters and her husband in tow as they headed for the reception hall where the Fleet Christmas gathering was taking place.

For the first time in years, Seika was walking without the aid of crutches or braces and, although her movement remained stiff and uncoordinated, it was movement that could only get better now that she could do it on her own.  Aria was perched on Archangel's hip, giggling and clapping her hands.  The pair of them knew what Christmas traditions entailed, and both of them were jumping around with excitement even though the day itself was still a week or so away.

As the family arrived at the hall, Archangel spotted one of her crew standing close to the door, apparently frozen there.  She recognised him as Andrew Sheridan, one of her operations officers.  She had read about his particular case in his file and her maternal side immediately started to feel sorry for him.  She wondered about inviting him to share Christmas with her family.

"Hello, Andrew," she greeted him warmly, shifting the toddler on her hip as Aria wriggled and waved at the young man.  "Are you planning on joining the party or standing in the doorway?"

[Party]

Gabe watched with amusement as Sheridan scurried off, his mind obviously a million light years...somewhere else. Arch had mentioned possibly inviting the man over to share Christmas with them. It seemed like a good idea to Gabriel, because...from what he understood, Sheridan wasn't even from this timeline, so it wasn't like he had any family around to speak of.

Family... Gabriel thought, glancing down at the five-year-old walking in front of him. Walking! The absence of leg braces was still a new experience for Seika, who had been forced to use them ever since she was three. Ever since the horrific day in the maintenance tubes of the old USS Discovery, where she'd been attacked by an alien intelligence, right in front of Gabriel's eyes. He had never forgiven himself for that day.

He never would.

But, right now...his little girl was walking. Awkwardly, yes, but walking! It would take some time yet for her to start scampering around the ship, but it was a hell of a start. Still, he walked behind her, holding out his hands in case she needed to lean into them. This he did on the sly, lest Seika see that he was there and give him one of her eye-rolling 'I-can-do-it-myself' looks.

"He'd better hurry back," he said, for the girls to hear. "If Santa Claus appears, he'll miss the old man."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Party]

Gabe watched with amusement as Sheridan scurried off, his mind obviously a million light years...somewhere else.  Arch had mentioned possibly inviting the man over to share Christmas with them.  It seemed like a good idea to Gabriel, because...from what he understood, Sheridan wasn't even from this timeline, so it wasn't like he had any family around to speak of.

Family... Gabriel thought, glancing down at the five-year-old walking in front of him.  Walking!  The absence of leg braces was still a new experience for Seika, who had been forced to use them ever since she was three.  Ever since the horrific day in the maintenance tubes of the old USS Discovery, where she'd been attacked by an alien intelligence, right in front of Gabriel's eyes.  He had never forgiven himself for that day.

He never would.

But, right now...his little girl was walking.  Awkwardly, yes, but walking!  It would take some time yet for her to start scampering around the ship, but it was a hell of a start.  Still, he walked behind her, holding out his hands in case she needed to lean into them.  This he did on the sly, lest Seika see that he was there and give him one of her eye-rolling 'I-can-do-it-myself' looks.

"He'd better hurry back," he said, for the girls to hear.  "If Santa Claus appears, he'll miss the old man."

[Reception Hall]

Turning back to see how Seika was getting on, Archangel's expression softened into one of quiet contentment as she saw Gabriel discreetly following the little girl, ready to spring forward at a moment's notice to catch her should she fall. Although Archangel knew that her daughter wouldn't be happy about the fact that her father was babying her, that didn't meant that she didn't feel the same way. It was Seika's first time out without her braces and crutches. It was a big step in their little girl's recovery.

As he drew level with her, Archangel leant toward Gabriel, placing a brief kiss on his cheek. He never seemed to be happier than when he was with his family or elbow deep in engineering work. There had been little time to be together as a family recently, but she was determined to change that. Then again, if Chira had her way and dragged her to sickbay for that operation on her knee, (one she had been not-so-discreetly avoiding), she would have plenty of time to spend with the girls while she was laid up to recover. Her fingers wrapped around the head of her cane as she shifted Aria's weight on her hip, glad for the extra strength her Romulan side gave her as the toddler squirmed.

"Hm, I wonder if Santa Claus will make an appearance," she added, picking up on Gabriel's words. "He must be busy visiting a lot of boys and girls across the galaxy. I hope he finds the time to drop by here!"

"Sana!" Aria squealed, wriggling again and clapping her hands.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


Turning back to see how Seika was getting on, Archangel's expression softened into one of quiet contentment as she saw Gabriel discreetly following the little girl, ready to spring forward at a moment's notice to catch her should she fall.  Although Archangel knew that her daughter wouldn't be happy about the fact that her father was babying her, that didn't meant that she didn't feel the same way.  It was Seika's first time out without her braces and crutches.  It was a big step in their little girl's recovery.

As he drew level with her, Archangel leant toward Gabriel, placing a brief kiss on his cheek.  He never seemed to be happier than when he was with his family or elbow deep in engineering work.  There had been little time to be together as a family recently, but she was determined to change that.  Then again, if Chira had her way and dragged her to sickbay for that operation on her knee, (one she had been not-so-discreetly avoiding), she would have plenty of time to spend with the girls while she was laid up to recover.  Her fingers wrapped around the head of her cane as she shifted Aria's weight on her hip, glad for the extra strength her Romulan side gave her as the toddler squirmed.  

"Hm, I wonder if Santa Claus will make an appearance," she added, picking up on Gabriel's words.  "He must be busy visiting a lot of boys and girls across the galaxy.  I hope he finds the time to drop by here!"

"Sana!" Aria squealed, wriggling again and clapping her hands.

[Reception Hall]

"Yep, Santa," Gabriel answered, grinning happily as his wife kissed him. He knew that she didn't like public displays of affection (or, rather, knew that she couldn't show them as a commanding officer), but...it was Christmas. These kind of holiday parties were notorious for the slackening of normal rules...and had been, ever since people had been having Christmas parties.

Gabe was happy to see that his sister and brother-in-law were already here, and..."Oh, my God," he breathed, nodding toward them all. "Zero's back! It looks like someone in Medical came to their senses about her." He glanced at the cane his wife carried with her. "And speaking of coming to senses...Chira mentioned to me that you'll be having knee work done, soon. Very soon." He smiled, taking away the severity of the statement. "She also mentioned slinging you over my shoulder and carrying you to sickbay...but I told her that that wouldn't be necessary."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Reception Hall]

"Yep, Santa," Gabriel answered, grinning happily as his wife kissed him.  He knew that she didn't like public displays of affection (or, rather, knew that she couldn't show them as a commanding officer), but...it was Christmas.  These kind of holiday parties were notorious for the slackening of normal rules...and had been, ever since people had been having Christmas parties.

Gabe was happy to see that his sister and brother-in-law were already here, and..."Oh, my God," he breathed, nodding toward them all.  "Zero's back!  It looks like someone in Medical came to their senses about her."  He glanced at the cane his wife carried with her.  "And speaking of coming to senses...Chira mentioned to me that you'll be having knee work done, soon.  Very soon."  He smiled, taking away the severity of the statement.  "She also mentioned slinging you over my shoulder and carrying you to sickbay...but I told her that that wouldn't be necessary."

[Reception Hall]

Following her husband's line of sight, Archangel spotted Chira and Henriks standing with the young Augment. She could remember receiving the reactivation orders only a day or so ago, informing her that Zero was being put back on active duty and would be serving once again on the Phoenix. Part of her wondered why Starfleet Medical had changed their minds after taking Zero off the Phoenix's medical staff not all that long ago, but she shrugged it off. That was a thought to keep for another time.

As Gabriel brought up her continued avoidance of sickbay, she tried to put on an innocent expression, but it soon lapsed into guilt. "You know what I'm like with sickbay, e'lev" she said quietly. Check ups, operations, counselling sessions... she avoided them all equally. "It's fine right now, I promise. Chira told me not to stress it, and I'm trying not to. It's not like I need to give them any more reason to poke and prod me!"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Officer's Quarters]

The fact that Raynor had dropped his voice and relaxed his posture went a long way in helping Ilana calm herself.  She looked at the hand he had rested on her shoulder, placing one of her hands over it before looking back up at him.  "A c-casing wouldn't have h-helped.  Th-the beam was on t-top of it and it was t-t-too heavy to move."

She shook her head to herself, stepping forward to hug the Klingon tightly.  She had missed his massive presence while he had been back on the homeworld.  "We h-had better get to th-the gathering..."

[Quarters]

Returning the embrace, Raynor found that...he rather liked the way she felt, wrapped in his arms like that. He knew that he couldn't protect her from everything, as evidenced by her away team injury. But...when he held her, like that? It felt, for a brief second or so...like he could. "Might not've helped in that instance, but it is at least worth looking into. But..you're right. I suppose we'd best get moving."

Raynor leaned down and picked up his beer, offering Ilana his other arm. They made quite the odd pairing, large and small, but he was determined to put his worry for her behind them...for now.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Quarters]

Returning the embrace, Raynor found that...he rather liked the way she felt, wrapped in his arms like that.  He knew that he couldn't protect her from everything, as evidenced by her away team injury.  But...when he held her, like that?  It felt, for a brief second or so...like he could.  "Might not've helped in that instance, but it is at least worth looking into.  But..you're right.  I suppose we'd best get moving."

Raynor leaned down and picked up his beer, offering Ilana his other arm.  They made quite the odd pairing, large and small, but he was determined to put his worry for her behind them...for now.

[Quarters]

Taking Raynor's arm, the Cardassian smiled slightly. She felt at home here, close to him, at peace. She knew that she could come to no harm while he was around, not while he could prevent it. It took away a lot of the loneliness that she felt, being one of the few Cardassians in the Fleet.

Before they could leave, she quickly picked up a hypo from her work station, pressing it into the side of her neck and releasing a dose of its contents. She offered Raynor a smile. "J-just an anti-inflammatory and p-painkiller," she assured him. "I d-don't have to take it f-for much longer."

As they left her quarters, she walked alongside him, having to hurry to keep up with his long stride. He seemed to be a little... off today, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She mentally shrugged, putting it down to not being particularly eager to spend time with a lot of officers while pretending to be sociable.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


Following her husband's line of sight, Archangel spotted Chira and Henriks standing with the young Augment.  She could remember receiving the reactivation orders only a day or so ago, informing her that Zero was being put back on active duty and would be serving once again on the Phoenix.  Part of her wondered why Starfleet Medical had changed their minds after taking Zero off the Phoenix's medical staff not all that long ago, but she shrugged it off.  That was a thought to keep for another time.

As Gabriel brought up her continued avoidance of sickbay, she tried to put on an innocent expression, but it soon lapsed into guilt.  "You know what I'm like with sickbay, e'lev" she said quietly.  Check ups, operations, counselling sessions... she avoided them all equally.  "It's fine right now, I promise.  Chira told me not to stress it, and I'm trying not to.  It's not like I need to give them any more reason to poke and prod me!"

[Reception Hall]

Yes... Gabriel thought, I most certainly *do* know how you are with sickbay... "Fine for now...but the sooner you get it worked on, the sooner you'll be better, and not have to worry about the thing." Gabe gently placed his hand over hers as she held her cane. "There's Admiral Deacon, standing by herself at the eggnog. I guess we should do the polite thing and say hello."

As he and Seika moved over toward where Deacon stood, Gabe nodded and smiled in greeting. "Ma'am. It's been a while. Hopefully this goes smoother than the last time we were all together," he grinned, referring to the Spore Incident. Gabriel poured a small glass of eggnog, handing it to his daughter after tasting to make sure it wasn't spiked. "Try that, lil' lady."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:06 am

Chira Abols wrote:

"And I accept your congratulations," Chira smiled, though all this talk about being 'obliged' to return to Earth was discomforting.  She knew that Starfleet Medical did not fully think of Zero as a real person, with her own ideas and thoughts and goals.  It was sickening.

The comment about the family, though, caught Chira completely by surprise.  Had she been drinking something, she probably would have spit it up.  "Ah...well.  Yes.  We're...attempting...to procreate."  Chira could swear that Admiral Stark was covering up a laugh.  If she had that same drink, she probably would have thrown it at him.  "I think we're fine with old-fashioned methods for now," Chira murmured.

Henriks ran his free hand through his hair--well, it was that or turn bright red-- at Zero's candid remark, that that it was entirely unexpected. It was the thought that counted, though, and Henriks knew she meant well, so he offered a nervous smile in reply. "Paldies," he said by way of thanks.

His gaze briefly wandered through the crowd, subconsciously making note of who was there. Many from the Phoenix had arrived, with more surely to follow. But there was one face in particular that he was searching for, and it didn't take long to find. "Would you like anything to drink, m'lady?" he asked. "Or would you like me to gaurd that package for you?" he added with a lopsided grin.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:20 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Yes... Gabriel thought, I most certainly *do* know how you are with sickbay...  "Fine for now...but the sooner you get it worked on, the sooner you'll be better, and not have to worry about the thing."  Gabe gently placed his hand over hers as she held her cane.  "There's Admiral Deacon, standing by herself at the eggnog.  I guess we should do the polite thing and say hello."

As he and Seika moved over toward where Deacon stood, Gabe nodded and smiled in greeting.  "Ma'am.  It's been a while.  Hopefully this goes smoother than the last time we were all together," he grinned, referring to the Spore Incident.  Gabriel poured a small glass of eggnog, handing it to his daughter after tasting to make sure it wasn't spiked.  "Try that, lil' lady."

[Reception Hall]

Smiling softly at her husband, Archangel leaned forward to place another gentle kiss on his cheek. They were off duty now, so there was no need to worry about their command image. She knew that he worried about her continual avoidance of anything medical, but she couldn't bring herself to go. Not yet.

As they moved over to the drinks table, Seika started to bounce up and down, grinning openly at the Admiral. She had only ever met the woman a handful of times, but her natural good nature couldn't be overcome. She loved everyone.

She was distracted however by the offer of the drink. She frowned at it, sniffing it warily before taking a sip and grinning again, taking a larger gulp.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:24 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Yes... Gabriel thought, I most certainly *do* know how you are with sickbay...  "Fine for now...but the sooner you get it worked on, the sooner you'll be better, and not have to worry about the thing."  Gabe gently placed his hand over hers as she held her cane.  "There's Admiral Deacon, standing by herself at the eggnog.  I guess we should do the polite thing and say hello."

As he and Seika moved over toward where Deacon stood, Gabe nodded and smiled in greeting.  "Ma'am.  It's been a while.  Hopefully this goes smoother than the last time we were all together," he grinned, referring to the Spore Incident.  Gabriel poured a small glass of eggnog, handing it to his daughter after tasting to make sure it wasn't spiked.  "Try that, lil' lady."

[Reception Hall]

Rachel had been quietly observing the various goings on, nursing her small glass of whisky in her hands. Large gatherings were generally difficult for her as she tried to differentiate who was who and deal with the sensory overload that always seemed to accompany the sound and sight of so many people in one place.

Hearing a voice addressing her, she looked around and frowned slightly, trying to discern who it was. She recognised Commander Arthur and Captain T'Koris, but she couldn't determine who the smaller person was until it was very close. One eyebrow lifted above the edge of her VISOR.

"I see that congratulations are in order, Captain, Commander. Little..." she paused for a moment to try to remember the name. "Seika is able to walk without aid."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:51 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

[Reception Hall]

Rachel had been quietly observing the various goings on, nursing her small glass of whisky in her hands.  Large gatherings were generally difficult for her as she tried to differentiate who was who and deal with the sensory overload that always seemed to accompany the sound and sight of so many people in one place.

Hearing a voice addressing her, she looked around and frowned slightly, trying to discern who it was.  She recognised Commander Arthur and Captain T'Koris, but she couldn't determine who the smaller person was until it was very close.  One eyebrow lifted above the edge of her VISOR.

"I see that congratulations are in order, Captain, Commander.  Little..." she paused for a moment to try to remember the name.  "Seika is able to walk without aid."

[Reception Hall]

"Yep, she is," Gabriel answered, beaming with pride and a happiness that just had to be shared. It finally seemed like they could begin to put the whole dark chapter behind them and move forward. Reaching down, Gabriel picked Seika up and balanced her on his hip, though she was getting much too big for it. He was glad he'd no neglected arm day at the gym. "She's growin' like a weed, too."

"Hi! Merry Christmas!" Seika said, taking another drink of the thick eggnog. Gabriel noted just how much of it had stuck to her upper lip as he wiped it away with his sleeve. "Alright, lil' lady. Go find your mama." Setting the child down and watching her scamper off to Archangel and Aria, Gabe straightened and gave a rueful glance at his sleeve. "Admiral, I was wondering...could we talk a moment?"

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:58 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Reception Hall]

"Yep, she is," Gabriel answered, beaming with pride and a happiness that just had to be shared.  It finally seemed like they could begin to put the whole dark chapter behind them and move forward.  Reaching down, Gabriel picked Seika up and balanced her on his hip, though she was getting much too big for it.  He was glad he'd no neglected arm day at the gym.  "She's growin' like a weed, too."  

"Hi!  Merry Christmas!" Seika said, taking another drink of the thick eggnog.  Gabriel noted just how much of it had stuck to her upper lip as he wiped it away with his sleeve.  "Alright, lil' lady.  Go find your mama."  Setting the child down and watching her scamper off to Archangel and Aria, Gabe straightened and gave a rueful glance at his sleeve.  "Admiral, I was wondering...could we talk a moment?"

[Reception Hall]

Sometimes, there were things that her VISOR picked up on that Rachel knew that she should keep to herself.  Agreeing with Commander Arthur's comment about his adopted daughter's growth by adding that she had a healthy metabolic rate was one such thing.

She smiled down at the little girl.  "Merry Christmas to you too, Seika," she replied, watching as she wandered off to find her mother before turning to look at Gabriel.  "Of course, commander.  What can I do for you?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:10 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:


[Reception Hall]

Sometimes, there were things that her VISOR picked up on that Rachel knew that she should keep to herself.  Agreeing with Commander Arthur's comment about his adopted daughter's growth by adding that she had a healthy metabolic rate was one such thing.

She smiled down at the little girl.  "Merry Christmas to you too, Seika," she replied, watching as she wandered off to find her mother before turning to look at Gabriel.  "Of course, commander.  What can I do for you?"

[Reception Hall]

Gabe also watched as Sekia walked away, marveling again at her recovery. Not like it had been a fast process or anything, but... He still remembered the day that the doctors had told them that it would be possibly a matter of years and not months for her.

Turning back to the admiral, he reached over to the table and poured himself a drink as well. It was good Kentucky bourbon. From what he'd heard, that would be Admiral Stark's doing. "A short while ago," he began, "Arch and I were visited by a young girl named Sarah Walker, freshly transferred to the ship. She's Mary Walker, of the Starfleet JAG's daughter. I was wondering what you knew about her...specifically if anyone in particular pushed to get her assigned to the Phoenix."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks ran his free hand through his hair--well, it was that or turn bright red-- at Zero's candid remark, that that it was entirely unexpected. It was the thought that counted, though, and Henriks knew she meant well, so he offered a nervous smile in reply. "Paldies," he said by way of thanks.

His gaze briefly wandered through the crowd, subconsciously making note of who was there. Many from the Phoenix had arrived, with more surely to follow. But there was one face in particular that he was searching for, and it didn't take long to find. "Would you like anything to drink, m'lady?" he asked. "Or would you like me to gaurd that package for you?" he added with a lopsided grin.

[Reception Hall]

Giggling slightly, Chira gave an amused kiss to the reddening cheeks of her husband. He seemed to be scanning the crowd for someone, but Chira wasn't quite sure of who is was. "Any time you need someone to talk to, Zero...my door's open. You don't even have to ask."

She glanced at the drink table, knowing how nice some of that weird Romulan drink that Jiseth favored would be. However, she had to be careful of what she consumed, now. "Um. Just some apple cider, I think. Not of the hard variety," she grinned. "Apple cider from my Apple. How appropriate."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Today at 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Hark! (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: