Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 am

Ilana was silent for a moment, looking away from Raynor as his expression grew serious. It was a fearsome sight, even of you were used to his moods. Yes, she believed that he would be better off with a more suitable mate, but if she could turn herself into that perfect mate, then she would perhaps feel more comfortable, but she knew that that was unlikely to happen.

She sighed lightly, laying one thin hand over his on her cheek. "I w-want you t-t-to be h-happy," she murmured. There was a pause for a moment. "I could sh-show you, if y-you like. It was t-turned into a t-training s-scenario for c-cadets."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana was silent for a moment, looking away from Raynor as his expression grew serious.  It was a fearsome sight, even of you were used to his moods.  Yes, she believed that he would be better off with a more suitable mate, but if she could turn herself into that perfect mate, then she would perhaps feel more comfortable, but she knew that that was unlikely to happen.

She sighed lightly, laying one thin hand over his on her cheek.  "I w-want you t-t-to be h-happy," she murmured.  There was a pause for a moment.  "I could sh-show you, if y-you like.  It was t-turned into a t-training s-scenario for c-cadets."

"I am happy," the Klingon murmured back, covering her small hand with his own. The bredth of the palm and length of his fingers completely enveloped Ilana's. "I would not say it if it were not so. I will never lie to you."

Raynor let the small pause grow between them, since Ilana seemed lost in her own thoughts. Her next request, though, did catch him a little off-guard. They turned her incident into a training scenario? And people say that *Klingons* are the crass ones...

"If you would share any part of your life, I would learn of it," Raynor said, nodding as he stood. He held out a hand for her to take. "I will walk your past with you, Lana."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"I am happy," the Klingon murmured back, covering her small hand with his own.  The bredth of the palm and length of his fingers completely enveloped Ilana's.  "I would not say it if it were not so.  I will never lie to you."

Raynor let the small pause grow between them, since Ilana seemed lost in her own thoughts.  Her next request, though, did catch him a little off-guard.  They turned her incident into a training scenario?  And people say that *Klingons* are the crass ones...

"If you would share any part of your life, I would learn of it," Raynor said, nodding as he stood.  He held out a hand for her to take.  "I will walk your past with you, Lana."

Taking Raynor's hand, Ilana offered him a slight smile, reaching up on her toes to place a gentle kiss on his lips. She had been through the training scenario once, during her medical cadet training. It had not been an easy thing to do, to see the conditions of the cargo bay once again.

Taking half a step back, still holding on to his hand, she addressed the computer: "C-c-computer, enact m-medical and r-rescue program f-fifteen point n-nine p-point t-t-twelve, observation only."

The training hall faded into a dingy freighter corridor, the unlikely couple standing in front of a door into a cargo bay with a group of teal-uniformed Starfleet officers. One of them keyed the opening code into the panel next to the door.

As soon as the metal panels slid apart, the smell of sweat and rot and disease flooded out. She closed her eyes for a moment, the smell awakening some unpleasant memories for the Cardassian. The group of medical officers moved in, moving out of the line of sight into the cargo bay. Squeezing Raynor's hand, Ilana followed them, stopping just inside and looking around.

The cargo bay was small for the number of Cardassians it housed, forcing them to live almost on top of one another with only the faintest of separations between family groups. They were all painfully thin, each displaying varying degrees of scale rot, some so weak that they didn't seem to be able to get up, and every one of them looked terrified.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Raynor stood back as Ilana enacted her own computer program, overwriting what was already running. As the training room dissolved around them, Raynor found the Cardassian's hand, twining his fingers through hers. He knew how painful her upbringing was from stories that she had told him, but now he was prepared to see it through his own eyes. Raynor assumed that he knew more about Ilana than most other living beings. He wished that he could show her more of his own early life, but there wasn't much of a tale to tell beyond violence and hardship. There was love, of course - his father, in his own way...and his mother.

Lost to time. Reduced to a ghost of a memory...but a reminder to him that unorthodox love always had a ghost of a chance.

Raynor moved along with Ilana as a dim and dank cargo hold appeared, the filth tenebrously opressive. Kortar's Balls! he thought. Who could survive in such a mess? The answer, of course, was standing right at his side. They made their way through sick and dying Cardassians, coming upon one that was familiar in her frailty, the look on her face the kind of hunted countenace that no child should ever have to bear. "Is...that's you, isn't it?"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:03 pm

They moved slowly through the bodies, unseen by the holographic people. They were just observers in this matter. A few of the Cardassians lying on their bedrolls had already been tagged as black by the medical personnel swarming through the cargo bay.

They came up on a sight so very familiar to her. The father, in torn and tarnished military uniform, crouched protectively next to the thin, haggard mother... and then the daughter. Ilana looked down at the form of her younger self, at the body wasting away from the diseases and symptoms that had attacked her after her exposure to high levels of radiation. Her scales all but rotted away, unhealthy skin stretched over a bony structure, her hair mostly fallen out. She seemed to be barely conscious as her mother carefully cleaned blood from her face with a dirty rag, one green eye clouded and sightless.

"The d-doctors estimated that I w-would have d-d-died within the n-next few d-days," Ilana said softly as she looked down at her younger self. "It was only l-luck that they f-found the f-freighter when they did."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:20 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
They moved slowly through the bodies, unseen by the holographic people.  They were just observers in this matter.  A few of the Cardassians lying on their bedrolls had already been tagged as black by the medical personnel swarming through the cargo bay.

They came up on a sight so very familiar to her.  The father, in torn and tarnished military uniform, crouched protectively next to the thin, haggard mother... and then the daughter.  Ilana looked down at the form of her younger self, at the body wasting away from the diseases and symptoms that had attacked her after her exposure to high levels of radiation.  Her scales all but rotted away, unhealthy skin stretched over a bony structure, her hair mostly fallen out.  She seemed to be barely conscious as her mother carefully cleaned blood from her face with a dirty rag, one green eye clouded and sightless.

"The d-doctors estimated that I w-would have d-d-died within the n-next few d-days," Ilana said softly as she looked down at her younger self.  "It was only l-luck that they f-found the f-freighter when they did."

The deplorable conditions were stomach-churning. At least...they would have been, if someone didn't have a Klingon constitution. While Raynor was able to handle the physical aspects of it all, the emotional one was different entirely.

An adult in a Cardassian uniform was standing over what had to be the child Ilana, thus making the man her father. All his life, Raynor had been taught to hate that uniform and everything it stood for, but here in this moment, all he could feel was concern for tiny Ilana, who looked to be standing on death's own door. And the father brought forth feelings of pity, as well - something he never assumed he would feel for a Cardassian. His time associated with Starfleet had caused Raynor to re-evaluate many of his old, ingrained hatreds. It was a line of thought that invariably brought Jiseth to mind, but he quickly shuffled the memory away.

Seeing Ilana in such a condition was the second force of emotion that he had to battle. Raynor clutched his own hands into fists, feeling the nails dig into his palms. Had they been any longer, he knew there would have been blood dripping on the floor. He kept his face calm, though, and his eyes straight ahead. He would not dishonor Ilana by looking away. She had actually lived this, and he was only an observer. Was there any doubt as to the warrior's heart that beat in her breast?

"Klingons do not believe in luck," Raynor said, his voice low, as if he were at a memorial. In many ways, he was. "But we believe in fate even less. So...yes. Luck." He loosened his grip on his own palms, wrapping a protective and comforting arm around Ilana.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Standing next to the Klingon, Ilana could feel him tensing up beside her.  She was starting to regret having shown him this now, seeing how he was reacting to it.  She had wanted to share this with him, something so personal, to show him how far she had come already.

She felt his arm slip around her, pulling her close as they watched one of the medics start to scan her younger form with a tricorder.  The doctor looked almost afraid to touch the sick Cardassian, as if a simple touch could break the girl.  Ilana rested her head lightly against Raynor's shoulder, putting her own arm around him, hoping to reassure him.

"It w-was the m-medical personnel wh-who rescued us th-that inspired me t-to go into m-medicine and j-join S-Starfleet.  The C-CMO persuaded h-her captain to s-sponsor me th-through the A-Academy."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Standing next to the Klingon, Ilana could feel him tensing up beside her.  She was starting to regret having shown him this now, seeing how he was reacting to it.  She had wanted to share this with him, something so personal, to show him how far she had come already.

She felt his arm slip around her, pulling her close as they watched one of the medics start to scan her younger form with a tricorder.  The doctor looked almost afraid to touch the sick Cardassian, as if a simple touch could break the girl.  Ilana rested her head lightly against Raynor's shoulder, putting her own arm around him, hoping to reassure him.

"It w-was the m-medical personnel wh-who rescued us th-that inspired me t-to go into m-medicine and j-join S-Starfleet.  The C-CMO persuaded h-her captain to s-sponsor me th-through the A-Academy."

Raynor could read the hesitation in the eyes of the holographic doctor as they debated on what to do with the little Cardassian girl. Given the circumstances, he wasn't sure that he would have known what to do with her, either. It truly was a miracle that Ilana Telak stood before him right here and now...if he believed in such things as miracles. What it did do, however, was make him want to surround her in protective wrapping, even though he knew that was exactly what she didn't want him doing.

He smiled softly at the gentle pressure of her resting against his shoulder. "Fortuitous, then," the Klingon replied. "For both of us. When the exchange officer position came open, the Empire thought I was a natural fit, due to my heritage. My mother believed in the Alliance between the Federation and the Empire. Though I am not in Starfleet, I still feel..." He shrugged, cocking a half-smile. "I feel, in a way, that I honor her memory by aiding Starfleet."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:39 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor could read the hesitation in the eyes of the holographic doctor as they debated on what to do with the little Cardassian girl.  Given the circumstances, he wasn't sure that he would have known what to do with her, either.  It truly was a miracle that Ilana Telak stood before him right here and now...if he believed in such things as miracles.  What it did do, however, was make him want to surround her in protective wrapping, even though he knew that was exactly what she didn't want him doing.

He smiled softly at the gentle pressure of her resting against his shoulder.  "Fortuitous, then," the Klingon replied.  "For both of us.  When the exchange officer position came open, the Empire thought I was a natural fit, due to my heritage.  My mother believed in the Alliance between the Federation and the Empire.  Though I am not in Starfleet, I still feel..."  He shrugged, cocking a half-smile.  "I feel, in a way, that I honor her memory by aiding Starfleet."

The doctor pinned a priority transport tag to the sickly Cardassian's filthy shift and was preparing to move on to the next patient when Ilana's father reached out and touched the doctor's arm.

"Please, may I accompany her?"

For a moment, the Starfleet officer observed him, taking in his concerned expression, then nodded once, handing him another of the transport tags. Their mission was to help, not cause any more unnecessary stress. The real Ilana smiled slightly at the sight.

"My f-father was the first th-thing that I saw c-clearly for y-years," she said softly before looking up at Raynor, listening to him speak. She squeezed him slightly. "I am g-glad. You h-honour all K-Klingons by being here."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:27 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

The doctor pinned a priority transport tag to the sickly Cardassian's filthy shift and was preparing to move on to the next patient when Ilana's father reached out and touched the doctor's arm.

"Please, may I accompany her?"

For a moment, the Starfleet officer observed him, taking in his concerned expression, then nodded once, handing him another of the transport tags.  Their mission was to help, not cause any more unnecessary stress.  The real Ilana smiled slightly at the sight.

"My f-father was the first th-thing that I saw c-clearly for y-years," she said softly before looking up at Raynor, listening to him speak.  She squeezed him slightly.  "I am g-glad.  You h-honour all K-Klingons by being here."

Raynor returned the embrace with a light squeeze of his own. He was getting better at moderating his strength. With luck, continual exercise and a proper diet of real food would restore a large portion of Ilana's health, but it wasn't something that would happen overnight. "Your father seems an honorable man, as well, par'Mach'kai." He turned to Ilana, smiling into her green eyes. It no longer shocked him to say good things about Cardassians...or Romulans, for that matter. One of the reasons that Ilana made him a better person. "You," he said, trailing a fingertip along her lip, "are the first I have ever called that."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor returned the embrace with a light squeeze of his own.  He was getting better at moderating his strength.  With luck, continual exercise and a proper diet of real food would restore a large portion of Ilana's health, but it wasn't something that would happen overnight.  "Your father seems an honorable man, as well, par'Mach'kai."  He turned to Ilana, smiling into her green eyes.  It no longer shocked him to say good things about Cardassians...or Romulans, for that matter.  One of the reasons that Ilana made him a better person.  "You," he said, trailing a fingertip along her lip, "are the first I have ever called that."

Ilana watched as the Starfleet doctor opened a communications channel to her ship to transport the priority cases to sickbay, and then the handful of Cardassians who had been tagged disappeared in the swirling light of the transporter beams.

"M-maybe you can m-meet him one day," she replied. "I w-would like th-the t-two most important m-men in my life t-to meet." She looked up at Raynor, her expression soft. "You h-honour me," she murmured in response, placing a gentle kiss on the tip of his finger.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:16 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Ilana watched as the Starfleet doctor opened a communications channel to her ship to transport the priority cases to sickbay, and then the handful of Cardassians who had been tagged disappeared in the swirling light of the transporter beams.

"M-maybe you can m-meet him one day," she replied.  "I w-would like th-the t-two most important m-men in my life t-to meet."  She looked up at Raynor, her expression soft.  "You h-honour me," she murmured in response, placing a gentle kiss on the tip of his finger.

Raynor held on to Ilana as the rest of her holographic compatriots de-materialized in a beam of light, taken away long ago to their various fates. He was sure that not all of them had survived, with the conditions they were in. Ilana had, though, and against the odds. His Lana was a fighter.

"I would be glad to, Lana," Raynor said, half-cocking an eyebrow. "I cannot imagine your family would be overjoyed to meet me, however."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor held on to Ilana as the rest of her holographic compatriots de-materialized in a beam of light, taken away long ago to their various fates.  He was sure that not all of them had survived, with the conditions they were in.  Ilana had, though, and against the odds.  His Lana was a fighter.

"I would be glad to, Lana," Raynor said, half-cocking an eyebrow.  "I cannot imagine your family would be overjoyed to meet me, however."

Ilana spoke a command to the computer and their dank, stinking surroundings dissolved into the yellow grid of the holodeck. She turned to face Raynor fully, wrapping her other arm around his waist.

"My m-mother won't mind," she assured the Klingon with a faint smile. "My father may t-take some c-convincing though..."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Ilana spoke a command to the computer and their dank, stinking surroundings dissolved into the yellow grid of the holodeck.  She turned to face Raynor fully, wrapping her other arm around his waist.

"My m-mother won't mind," she assured the Klingon with a faint smile.  "My father may t-take some c-convincing though..."

"Hah!" Raynor laughed, leading Ilana back out of the holodeck. As far as he was concerned, their lessons were ended today. "I always assumed I'd disappoint someone's parents. I never figured they'd be Cardassian, however..."

They hadn't taken the time to change out of their gi robes, Raynor noticed. Ilana usually didn't like traveling out in public out of uniform. Luckily, Raynor had kept their tops. He draped hers around her shoulders like a half-cape, putting his arm around her shoulders as well. They weren't on duty. Besides...he wasn't Starfleet. He could walk around however he damn well pleased. "We can visit my father, as well, if you would like that. He lives in Alaska, a region of Earth. I will warn you, however...it can be chilly."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Hah!" Raynor laughed, leading Ilana back out of the holodeck.  As far as he was concerned, their lessons were ended today.  "I always assumed I'd disappoint someone's parents.  I never figured they'd be Cardassian, however..."

They hadn't taken the time to change out of their gi robes, Raynor noticed.  Ilana usually didn't like traveling out in public out of uniform.  Luckily, Raynor had kept their tops.  He draped hers around her shoulders like a half-cape, putting his arm around her shoulders as well.  They weren't on duty.  Besides...he wasn't Starfleet.  He could walk around however he damn well pleased.  "We can visit my father, as well, if you would like that.  He lives in Alaska, a region of Earth.  I will warn you, however...it can be chilly."

Ilana was torn as Raynor lead them out of the holodeck. On the one hand, she wanted to keep going, to prove that she could do what Raynor was asking her to do, but on the other hand, she wanted to get to the medical lab and run a few diagnostics on her implant. That was the first time she had really submitted it to any form of strenuous exercise and the pain she had felt from it was somewhat disquieting.

Feeling the light weight of her uniform jacket being draped around her shoulders, she looked up at Raynor with a slight smile. Always looking after me... she thought to herself.

"I would like to m-meet your f-father, yes," Ilana replied, feeling the warmth of the Klingon's body as he pulled her into his side again. "I will j-just have to d-dress appropriately." And I have you to watch over me. I know that no harm will come to me while you are here.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Today at 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
 
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: