Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Jiseth's head lifted quickly and her emerald eyes seemed to want to burn holes into whatever she gazed upon.

"Only if you let him..."

Moving to the replicator, she made herself a glass of kali-fal and took the glass to her lips. A few sips later, letting the aroma completely fill her sinuses, she turned back toward Zero and stepped beyond her to the bunk across the cabin. She laid on her side, holding the cup on the side of her hip, somewhat enjoying its coolness on her mostly bare skin.

"If I asked you to take me right now... Would you?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Zero took another step back as she saw the expression on Jiseth's face, her pale grey eyes tracking the Romulan as she stalked across the shuttle to the replicator and then to the bunk. The Augment didn't move though and, as the question was asked of her, she hung her head and spoke a few damning words.

"I could not. I... I cannot help but remember my lessons."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Taking another sip, Jiseth eyed her for a few moments and then finished the rest of her drink before placing the glass on the carpeted floor though her hand had not yet separated from it. The other propped up her head as she lay there sifting through her emotions. She was not angry with Zero. This part was to see how much they had done to her mind since they were beyond their reach.

"Do you remember what it felt like the night we first met? First made love? Hell, every time after. That look you gave me when you saw that I was alive and not atomized bits in a warp nacelle. Sometimes I wonder if I'm as cruel as they are for putting you through all this..."

Rolling over onto her back, the Augment's Romulan stared up as the bulkhead above her. Soon after she had her eyes closed, trying to picture in her mind a time where they were not so afraid.

"...It's still day one. I can see we have a long way to go... I'm still a selfish bitch after all."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Zero closed her eyes, casting her mind back to that first night that they had met. It had been a whirlwind of new experiences for the Augment as Jiseth introduced her to so many things that she had never encountered before. The first time Jiseth had laid a hand on her, she had bolted to the other side of the room, but the Romulan had reassured her and coaxed her back again.

Moving slowly, tentatively, Zero moved to sit on the edge of the bunk. "You are not selfish. I am the one not responding to your needs."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Rolling her head to the side to get a better look at her partner, Jiseth was at least glad she had moved closer.

"It's not like it will kill me. You mended my body... I can walk, run even. We're going to be parents together. I can't think of anything that I've been able to give you that even comes close to what you have done for me. How many can say their significant other brought them back to life?"

Sitting up, Jiseth leaned slightly closer, but still gave a good deal of space between the two of them.

"The thing that terrifies me about coming forward with all of that has transpired is that they'll wonder why I didn't do so sooner. If I actually cared and loved you... Why I didn't during that week in Washington. I'll likely never see a promotion again. No one will want a pilot who doesn't know right from wrong flying their ship or worse, who does nothing about the wrongs they encounter. I keep letting you down. Now I'm too scared to even ask if..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:43 pm

"There is no reason that anyone must find out how much you were aware of," Zero said quietly. "There remain elements that I will not share with you. That I will not share with anyone. You have done more than anyone else, and for that, no one can fault you. You are also in possession of the advantage that he is of high ranking, and the powers of intimidation that he holds over the lower ranks could be considered impressive."

The Augment leaned forward, putting her elbows on her knees and her face in her hands. "In no instance have you 'let me down'," Zero was carefully omitting the episodes in which Jiseth had disappeared or faked her death. She then frowned slightly, looking up at the Romulan with a faint look of confusion. "What is it that you fear to ask?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Commonly had her face darkened, but in this case it looked as if she had a similar shade to Zero even with the alcohol. She moved around and slipped her feet off the bed and onto the floor. It would be a simple matter. Get on one knee. Ask the question. Done. What's the worst that could happen?

"Temhilai kha."

"...We're here!"

Jiseth dashed from the bunk and into the cockpit as the stars returned to points of light and they came upon a giant black sphere. A few storms far below sent bolts of lightning streaking across the clouds. They had come out of warp on the dark side of the planet and Jiseth wasted no time beginning the descent procedures.

Two sonic booms disturbed the quiet predawn morning where only a few birds had previously been awake with their songs, now hundreds took to the sky in a panic. A green, winged shape tore through the sky and between a few puffs of cloud. It was far calmer here than where the storms were to the North and South.

Upon landing, Jiseth lowered the cabin door and hurriedly took Zero into her arms. There was soft, cool grass which was completely fine given the lack of shoes. Moving around the craft, the Romulan squinted toward the horizon as she lowered her Augment to her feet. It was but a few moments passing when the light began to peak over. From one, then two, then three and four suns over the mountain tops in the distance. Between them and the grassy cliff on which they stood were many small rivers and further down the slope from them a great waterfall showering the clouds and forests below.

With a trembling hand, the Romulan took Zero's hand and lowered herself to one knee as she gazed up into the grey eyes that she adored so much like the rest of the one she loved.

"I did my research on human traditions for couples and... What I wanted to ask... Zero Alpha, will you marry me?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:46 pm

It had been with some disappointment that Jiseth had bolted back to the cockpit before revealing to the Augment what she had been about to say, but Zero did her best to take it in stride. As a scientist, she was used to unanswered questions, even if she still had the habit of chasing after those answers like a terrier.

She did, however, feel relieved that they were making their descent to solid land. She was starting to get a littler desperate to get out of the small space inside the shuttle and out into open spaces. A peek out of the window as they came in to land told her that there wouldn't be any need to put her uniform back on, which was fine by her.

The method of leaving the shuttle was more than a little unorthodox. Zero gave a yelp of surprise at finding herself in Jiseth's arms and spirited out into the open air with some speed, and she had to admit to some relief at finding herself with both feet back on solid ground. She had done lifts with a holographic dance partner, but the rush of the Romulan was a far cry from those precise and measured movements.

Some of the tension had left the Augment's shoulders now that she was no longer confined in a small space. She was occupied with watching the quadruple sunrise, so occupied that Jiseth taking her hand came as a surprise to her, and the question even more of a surprise, as was evidenced by the expression of complete bewilderment on her face.

According to her research, marriage was a union between two individuals, a pledge to spend the rest of their lives together. She opened her mouth to answer, then shut it again. How did she reply to that one? Her research into that was incomplete!

She closed her right eye, a typical habit for her when she was trying to work out complex factors in her head. Emotions were hard enough to understand without having to get her head around exactly what she felt at that current point in time and trying to predict how they might evolve in the future.

Crouching down, she looked Jiseth in the eye. "I do not wish to refuse your proposal, but I will ask that you allow me time in which to understand it before I give a definitive answer."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:43 am

"...O-of course."

Jiseth's eyes wavered and she looked away, pulling back from Zero. She stood slowly, turning toward the rising suns as she neared the cliff edge, but stayed several meters back. Her arms crossed over her midsection. Nothing had seemed to go as planned. Then again, she began to consider herself foolish for thinking she would have gotten any answer remotely close to "yes."

The scene before her was absolutely beautiful, however. She could even see the suns slowly shifting in their orbits around an invisible point. Such a thing to wake up to every morning. It was a thoroughly tempting possibility. Far enough from Earth and Romulus to go unnoticed. A life in peace was all she seemed to desire now.

A gentle breeze reminded her of the lack of clothing. The sudden realization that it was coldest just after sunrise before the solar heating could overcome that which was being radiated away. Before she turned, she choked down her tears. A Cardassian may have been able to plan things better, but she now was left confused and even more terrified. Jiseth began to question why they had a daughter now and the unlikely, but extremely painful, notion that she would be like her Romulan mother. Unwanted.

"We better get some clothes on."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:57 am

Confusion. Confusion was all that Zero was feeling as she watched Jiseth's reaction. She thought back over her words, trying to figure out what she could have said to cause it. She just didn't understand. She stayed back as the Romulan walked away looking almost defeated.

It became obvious in Zero's mind that Jiseth had been expecting the Augment to give her agreement to the arrangement, but how could she? Jiseth had only just walked back into her life the night before and she herself was broken and confused after her treatment at the hands of Admiral Corinth. She could barely lay a hand on her lover without feeling completely terrified and sickened by memory. How could she commit to a lifetime of loving her partner if she was no longer sure she was capable of loving?

As Jiseth spoke again, Zero lifted and dropped one shoulder to indicate indifference, not looking up at the Romulan. The emotion she felt now was one that was strangely familiar to her: Misery. She had disappointed one of the people who meant the most to her, and now she wasn't sure if their relationship was still in effect. How did one end a relationship? Had Jiseth just done that? Interpersonnel relations were so far above her head that they were in orbit. At that point in time, there were three things that she wanted: Gavin to explain what was happening, Ghost to cuddle up to, and an unlimited supply of hard liquor to get completely plastered.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:55 am

Taking a deep breath, Jiseth moved to sit next to Zero, though she was facing away from the suns. With her legs extended out and her hands behind her, bracing against the small, cool blades of grass. For what seemed like an eternity she just stared at her feet, or through them rather, as daylight began to warm her back.

"Ever since you told me that you were pregnant... I had thought that that was your was of asking what I did. I wanted to propose for... well, slightly before that. When we were on the Discovery. I guess I felt asking may seem redundant to you. What is a ring compared to a life? For all my imperfections, sometimes I'm just grateful you put up with me so. Especially right now. So... now you know. It's funny... the thought of you is what I used to keep myself together when I was being held prisoner. Beats and unpleasant simulations weren't as effective as they had hoped. The pleasant thoughts of us... growing old together... That's how they broke me. They just had to dangle that dream and I went for it. I guess part of me is still there..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 am

For a moment, Zero sat in silence. This level of emotional sharing... it was foreign territory to her. It had never been encouraged by Doctor Kincaede, and even discouraged by Admiral Corinth. But this was Jiseth, and Zero would do anything for her Jiseth.

"Creating our daughter... It was indicated in the databases that a child is the ultimate declaration of love between two individuals, and that is what I wished to express. It was not the sole reason for that decision. The thought that I could lose you and have no element of you that I could hold on to was one that invoked large amounts of fear. I wished to be able to remain close to you somehow, even in your absence."

She pulled her legs up into something close to a lotus position, staring at the grass just in front of her. "I wish to remain with you for as long as I am alive. I wish to raise our daughter with you. A marriage, from what I understand, is a pledge to love the other for the rest of their lives. Before Admiral Corinth... Before my last reeducation, I would not have hesitated to accept. Now, I do not know if I am capable of offering you that which you ask and deserve of me."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 am

"That's why we're here, Zero... No one else is here. We literally have a whole planet to ourselves. Free to explore... Do whatever we wish. It can be our secret retreat. And if the magnificent view here gets too dull, somehow, the replicator makes some potent Romulan beverages."

Jiseth leaned over slightly toward her lover, surprised she was able to form a slight smile across her lips. She hated with everything in her the situation they were in. The sacrifices they had to make that others seemed completely oblivious to. Though she longed for a less turbulent life, she could not deny how she came to cherish every moment spent with Zero. Even amid sorrow and rage, there was the constant truth that they did love one another.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Zero looked away from her Romulan, sighing slightly. How to explain to Jiseth that even when she thought that she was out of reach of Admiral Corinth and his minions at Starfleet Medical, she still felt their presence in her mind, as if he was constant pressure inside her skull. No matter how far she thought she could run, it always felt as if they were there, watching her.

"I am not permitted to drink," she reminded Jiseth gently before continuing: "No matter where I go, they are always with me. I can feel them."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:57 pm

"Time, e'lev... We have an abundance of it in the grand scheme of things. Plenty to readjust. Adapt to a happier time than the past few months have been. More beautiful than that sunrise I think. I doubt it will take you long to remember how you somewhat enjoyed my feeble attempts to keep pace with you drinking. Furthermore... Perhaps I do need to catch up on some rest currently, but I do miss the nights we had very little sleeping involved."

It hurt. A lot right now. Jiseth knew it would continue, probably intensify even. She would have to remain resolute as if they could handle this together, they would be able to deal with anything that came their way.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:27 am

Zero could sense the effort that Jiseth was putting into reassuring her and it was accompanied by several sensations that the Augment had to work to separate. There was fear there, guilt certainly, a cloud of despair and defeat, but there was a swell of adoration there too for her Romulan mate.

She looked up at Jiseth, trying to formulate the words that she wanted to say. "E'lev... could... could you assist me in... in overriding these memories? Breaking the programming that Admiral Corinth has installed?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:39 am

There were a couple bewildered blinks that briefly masked emerald eyes before Jiseth could muster a reply. It was surprising to hear it from Zero at this point, wondering how much of it was forced to make the Romulan happy. The result is what she wanted, what she knew they both wanted, but it had to be done for the right reason or Jiseth would find herself no better in spirit than Corinth.

"Absolutely... But how? What did you have in mind?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:50 am

Looking down at the grass she was playing with between her fingers, Zero once again tried to find the words to say. Verbal language was such a difficult thing to master when one wasn't familiar with the more colloquial terms. It was all too easy to say something that could be interpreted in a manner you didn't mean.

"In... In order to gain or regain confidence in a matter, one must outweigh the negative experiences, hide them behind positive experiences..."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:58 am

Shifting her weight to her side, now propped up by her right arm, Jiseth tentatively lay her left hand between them. That grey heart of hers began to beat thunderously in her chest. A slight blush of green in her face as well. The question was there and her answer was yes.

"Zero... Kiss me."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Zero looked up at Jiseth, having caught the movement out of the corner of her eye. A pale pink blush crossed her cheekbones, her white skin leaving it nowhere to hide. The words spoken sounded like an order, a steel command wrapped in silk. Slowly, hesitantly, she shifted a little closer, giving her a brief, tentative kiss before jumping back, as if expecting to be slapped. She seemed to come to some form of resolve, reminding herself that in all the kisses they had shared, Jiseth had never struck her. Moving in again to lay claim to the Romulan's lips once more for a longer kiss, one hand tracing the line of her jaw with the lightest of touches.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Her eyes wide when Zero parted suddenly. There was a brief sense of confusion, but when the Augment moved in again Jiseth relaxed. Melted practically. That left hand inched toward a pale shoulder opposite it. She tried to mimic the softness of Zero's touch, caressing down her upper arm as she pulled back ever so slightly to speak.

"Thank you..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Zero tensed briefly as she felt Jiseth's touch, but she forced herself to relax again, to try to remember all the times that she had been intimate with the Romulan over the times that she had experienced back at Starfleet Medical.

A look of confusion crossed the Augment's face as her lover spoke, the pale eyebrows drawing together slightly. "I do not understand why you are expressing gratitude."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:48 pm

"Because you didn't laugh when I fell trying those foot positions... You came here with me... And in spite everything make this Romulan feel like the luckiest girl in the galaxy."

Leaning her forehead to Zero's, her eyes locked with the grey pair. That feeling of belonging began to swell as she savored the closeness with her love.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:04 pm

The feel of Jiseth's ridges against her smooth forehead was a calming, familiar sensation. Her words made Zero feel particularly small for having been so shut off, but she couldn't see any manner in which she could have made it any better.

Still moving with the same hesitance, Zero's fingers moved to her lover's ears, a memory reminding her that Jiseth had seemed to enjoy that touch before.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 pm

If she had the ability to purr the Romulan would have. Her bottom lip trembled slightly turning her head toward Zero's hand and kissing her wrist. A slight shiver went through her shoulders. Jiseth very much liked this. Still, there were other things that she enjoyed so much more. Her breathing quickened at the thought of all the things they had done in the confines of their quarters and occasionally a shuttlecraft.

Scooting slightly closer, Jiseth ran her hand down Zero's side to her hip as she turned to lay on her back, looking up at her lover.

"You're in control... Go as fast or as slow as you like... Though do feel free to take your time, e'ev."

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: