Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Jiseth's touch caused the Augment to flinch away, her concentration broken. The shuttle lurched to the side as her hand brushed against the panel, prompting Zero to scrabble at it to try to correct their course. She didn't look back at Jiseth, trying to restore her concentration on piloting the shuttle.

Finally, they reached the end of the tribuary that they had been following and started to fly out over the main body of water. As instructed, Zero brought the shuttle to a halt, only now looking over to the Romulan, waiting for the next instructions.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:27 pm

The reaction for Zero bothered Jiseth little this time. They were going far to slow to cause any damage worth noting. She had considered getting a different paint scheme. Something other than the traditional baleful green.

"The river runs straight to the mouth, about 10 kilometers South. Point us in that direction and set speed to 400 m/s and acceleration 3 G. Oh, and get ready for a little jolt, e'lev..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Despite the fact that Jiseth didn't seem bothered by her slip up, Zero was a bit more shaken. She shook her head, standing up from the co-pilot's chair.

"No, I believe that I have done enough for today," she replied.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Jiseth looked up at her, slightly confused.

Great. You screwed up again, you pointy-eared idiot...

Slowly she nodded and leaned forward over the controls. Their winged shuttle banked slightly and strafed to the right before straightening out and heading on the course she had originally given Zero. Albeit at a relatively tranquil 100 m/s, there was plenty of mist and spray blowing into the air after being kicked up by the engine exhaust.

"How much more time do we have?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Zero wrapped her arms over her stomach and glanced to the chronometer on the console. "It may be prudent to begin our return, e'lev," she replied quietly before slipping into the back of the shuttle in search of her uniform. The oil that Jiseth had applied to her sunburns had had time to be absorbed by her skin now, and she was starting to feel uneasy in her nakedness.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:12 pm

With the inertial dampeners active, Jiseth felt nothing as the ripples and waves flowed past and streaks ever faster. A cloud of condensation formed briefly just in front of the wings as it broke through the sound barrier and slowly pitched up. Shooting through the sky, Jiseth looked out the left side of the viewport that curved around the cockpit. Clouds seemed to fall away as did the rest of the world as they neared the growing blackness of space.

"You did good today..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Zero had located the various pieces of her uniform and was in the process of shrugging her jacket into place when she heard Jiseth's voice from the helm station. She couldn't help but feel that she had somehow disappointed the Romulan, failed her in some manner that she didn't quite understand.

"That is dependent on the scale I am being judged on," she replied quietly, pulling the coloured collar of her undershirt into a more comfortable position as she stood in the archway that separated the cockpit from the living area.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Only a few lights on the control panel gave an indication that the cloaking device was active as the shuttle pulled away from the planet and streaked into warp. It seemed like it was all over too fast. She longed to be back on that grass just after dawn and the subject of her lover's various techniques.

After setting the autopilot, she turned her chair around with one leg crossed over the other. Jiseth eyed Zero for a moment. She seemed to have reverted to that scared girl that the Romulan had come home to. More reaffirmation to why they had left the station in the first place. Star Fleet had become poison, but it was also the antidote. At least she hoped so.

"No different than any I can judge myself with. I'm bare, Zero, and not just without clothing. No more secrets. The only thing I have left to offer is the truth. Which is something that requires consistency. Like love."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Zero couldn't help but think that the Romulan's words about consistency were a jab at her and her erratic behaviour since Jiseth's return. The Augment couldn't find the grounds to disagree with her though. She knew that Jiseth would draw her out, only to have her shut down again and retreat, which is what Zero did now, looking away from her lover.

"There will always be secrets, Jiseth. That is in our nature. The truth can only be what we believe it to be and love no more than an illusion fueled by pheromone and hormonal reactions."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:49 pm

"If it were just hormones I think you would have figured me out a long time ago."

Jiseth's head tilted over her left shoulder and a faint smile crossed her lips.

"Why say yes to being engaged? Surely there's someone out there that will elicit a strong response from you if it's just chemical. I wouldn't stand much of a chance if it is indeed the case... What makes me so special to you?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:03 pm

"Some individuals react more strongly to one particular person over others others and an emotional attachment is formed in compliment to the physical attraction," Zero replied. "I have formed such an attachment to you. You are the only person to have shown me affection in a romantic manner that suggested that you sought more than simply to conquer."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:02 am

The Romulan swiveled back and forth slightly in her chair, her eyes still trained on the Augment. Surely others had tried. At least to be friendly, that much she knew. Wu, Arthur and others that Jiseth had all told the same story. One that she herself felt somewhat proud of that her experiences were so different. Warm and loving, that wa the Zero she knew.

"How did you enjoy your first taste of flying?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Creeping forward, like a guilty Ghost crawling past, Zero took a seat in the co-pilot's chair, sitting passively at the console and watching the stars streak by. Before too long, they would be back in the familiar surroundings of the starbase, back where, despite the fact that she knew she was always under scrutiny, she still felt more at ease.

"It was different," she said in response to Jiseth's question. "It will take much time for me to achieve even a facsimile of your grace with a craft."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:06 pm

"Don't use me as a benchmark. I have over a decade behind the stick. You did a lot better than most on their first try. Kept it slow, in control. Well done."

Jiseth stood up from her seat and went into the cabin. Her movements were quicker than usual. Aggitated. She was beginning to wish she took after her Vulcan cousins. Her clothing came on just as swift.

The air in the shuttle masked something she could not quite put her finger on. Laying on one of the bunks, she stared up at the bulkhead.

You should never have come back...

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:38 am

Zero stayed out of the way as Jiseth moved past her, sensing a change in her mood. The Augment felt confused, unable to understand what she had said or done to bring about such a change.

She crept through to the living quarters of the craft, approaching the bunk. "What ails you, e'lev?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:36 pm

"I seem to have this grand plan for us... This life that seemed almost a reality. We were so close. I was sure we were so close. I had that imagine in my head, I thought I knew... Reality is different."

Running her hands through her hair, she massaged her temples with her thumbs. Every action had been with certainty. At least in regards to their child. That was the piece that made it all fall apart. Zero had done something rash and the Romulan went along with it. Wanted it. Damn near gave up everything for it. Now as she contemplated the sheer magnitude of her own naïveté, there was just one question she needed an answer to.

"Are you ready to be a mother?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Kneeling down next to the bunk, Zero sat back on her heels, her head tilted to one side slightly as she contemplated the Romulan. Part of her felt incredibly ashamed and guilty that she hadn't managed to live up to Jiseth's expectations, aware that she had somehow failed the one person she loved.

"My research has indicated that no individual or individuals can be prepared for the task of becoming parents. All I am able to say on the matter is that it is a challenge that I will gladly face." Her expression turned a little troubled, reaching out and tentatively touching the Romulan's hair. "Jiseth, please, tell me that which you would have me be. It it is within my power, it is yours."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:00 pm

"I..."

Bringing her hands away from her head, Jiseth crossed her arms over her stomach as her knees raised also, feet flat on the mattress. It was comfortable to be near Zero, but at present, she felt as though she would soon be dissected. Starting with her heart. At least her lover was a skilled surgeon.

"I can't command you like that. It's why I asked for your hand, I honestly... I would have asked regardless of whether or not you had been pregnant. Everything you've done for me seems so large in comparison to what I have for you. That stupid stunt I pulled... You never had to prove your love to me. That's something I've always known."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:11 pm

"You rescued me from my prison," Zero replied softly, her head still tilted slightly to one side as she sat by the bunk, knelt before the altar upon which the Augment's goddess was lying. "You taught me what it meant to love, to desire another's proximity above all else. You have taught me more than any of my social tutors have been able. I would not have thought that I have done more for you than you have for me."

She looked down at her hands, folded in her lap. "I am sorry that I am no longer what you expected. I will attempt to rectify that."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 pm

"My expectations should never direct your behavior... I know your habits. Your side of the bed is always neater than mine. Your hairbrush doesn't have wayward strands entangled in it. Guess I should hold on to mine to explain to our daughter where she came from. The way you seem puzzled by things such as a bouquet or any other romantic gesture. It's so adorable I-"

Looking over to Zero, she noticed the one thing she hated. That broken look about her. She was an angel among monkeys who preoccupied themselves with muck play. Sometimes, like now, she wondered where that fiery cadet went. The one that cared little for others and yet so much for her.

"Zero... May I kiss you?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Zero's gaze snapped up to Jiseth in surprise at the sudden change of subject, but then dropped again as an expression of shame and guilt. She wanted to kiss the Romulan, to lose herself in her proximity and the warmth of her skin, but she knew that wasn't possible. Not as long as Corinth's teachings held sway in her mind.

"I..." She felt so fatigued from fighting with her own mind during the hours she had spent with Jiseth. She knew that doing any more was likely to cause a breach in her defenses, but how could she refuse her e'lev? "If you wish it, then I am in agreement."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:47 pm

"It can't just be me... Dragging you along like Ghost pulling at the leash..."

Jiseth sat up and brought her feet off the side of her bunk. Hunched over, she rested her chin between her knees as her hands cupped the front of her ankles. Her eyes did not shift from their focus on Zero. How many things were going through the Augment's mind she had no idea, but the fact remained that in the last 48 hours Jiseth had crashed back into Zero's life like the flaming hulk of a warbird lost in battle.

"Tell me what you want."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Zero could almost feel the intensity of Jiseth's gaze on her. It was quite a disquieting sensation, if she was perfectly honest. Not many people could stare the way Jiseth could. The Augment continued to avoid making eye contact with Romulan, fixing her eyes on the deck plates instead.

What did she want? Such a loaded question. She wanted freedom. She wanted to understand. She wanted to get rid of the amount of confusion inside her head that drove her up the bulkhead in its persistance.

They were all good elements, but not, she suspected, what Jiseth wanted to hear. Did Zero tell her about the wish she secretly harboured? The wish that her embryo had followed its multitude of brothers and sisters in not being viable? The wish that she had the courage to take her own life? To finally be free of so many constraining elements?

No, she couldn't tell the Romulan. Those things would only worry her.

"I wish for you to be content, my love," the Augment finally replied. "I regret that I do not appear to know how to make it so."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:02 pm

"Lying never suited you... It's one of many things that I find endearing about you."

The Romulan sat quiet for a few moments. Her eyes unwavering. She desperately wished she still had a cigar or enough kali-fal to put her out at least until Zero's shift was over.

"It seems we're at an impasse. We both keep deflecting. Hoping that our desires for the other's happiness is enough to coax the cloaked bird of prey in the room away. The manifestation of an insidious problem that we don't trust each other. Maybe I'm wrong..."

Leaning back onto the bed, her head was propped up by the bulkhead. It wasn't entirely comfortable, but it was tolerable. Her hands rested on opposites sides of her belt line which from her view was obscured by her chest. Zero's face was perfectly clear, however.

"...Actually. I know I'm wrong. The problem isn't us. It's me. It has been since the day we met. The mad Romulan pulling you along... Now I'm damaged... In a way that all your talents as a doctor can't just whisk away. Tell me, truthfully, what it is you want in your life? At the moment, it would seem you would have been better off if I actually had jumped into that plasma stream."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Zero's pale brows drew together in a frown as Jiseth accused her of lying. She had not directly lied. She truly did wish for Jiseth's happiness and she did regret that she didn't seem to know how to make that happen.

She stood up from her place kneeling next to the bunk, moving a few paces away from her lover, turning her back on the Romulan in a manner that she generally would never do for the simple reason that she no longer trusted people to be behind her. Her long hair obscured most of her face as she turned her head slightly to look back over her shoulder although her gaze was still dropped to the deck plates.

"The blame lies not with you, but in myself. You have been nothing but kind to me, taught me more about how to live than any other individual, shown me more than any other could. You consider yourself to be damaged now, but I have been damaged from the first step I took out of that... the first step I took into Admiral Corinth's care." She finally looked up at the Romulan. "You ask what it is that I wish for in my life? I wish that I possessed the courage in order to end it."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Today at 9:23 am

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: