Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:47 pm

There was a sly smirk across Jiseth's lips as she watched Zero depart. I might as well have fun with this. Still in her undergarments, she had no intention of adding more clothing. They weren't expecting visitors and if eating and strictly sleeping were the only things on the intinerary so far, perhaps an idea could be coaxed into her genius lover.

Rising from the bed, the Romulan strode to the lounge, making sure to pet her former guard. Moving to the replicator as well, she stretched her hands toward the ceiling, showing off her chest while innocently looking at the console.

"How about pasta? Simple spaghetti and meat sauce? Maybe some wine..?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Ghost's tail thumped against the side of his basket in acknowledgement of the scritch behind the ears that he got from his second owner. Zero, who was already standing by the replicator having asked for and received her own meal, stepped to the side in order to allow Jiseth easier access.

Noting the long, lean lines of the Romulan's body as she stretched, Zero quickly averted her eyes, busying herself with the cup of what looked like very thin, pale brown, gruel as she tried to bring the more primal elements of her mind back under control.

"You may have whatever you wish, e'lev," she replied to the proposal of food. "I have my nutritional supplements."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:15 am

"From what I've noticed... Humans and Romulans both use meals as a social gathering... inducer, especially during times of celebration. I think today counts in some small way as a red letter day."

Turning to her lover, she leaned forward to look at the cup of nutritional supplements and then to Zero, bringing her chin around to look her in the eyes though if the Augment's strayed downward it would be even better. A compliment really, at least from her.

"How are you supposed to fit in like the rest of them if you don't live like them? Humans eat food, not supplements. They have cravings and sometimes they give in to those..."

Slowly she adjusted her brassiere, her eyes still locked on to Zero's.

"Sometimes they embrace imperfection and just enjoy all the... stimulations."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:25 am

Zero wasn't particularly bothered by Jiseth's state of near undress. Modesty had never been something that she found understandable, nor a trait Doctor Kincaede thought it important for her to cultivate.

However, the light touches of Jiseth's fingers, the adjustments she made to what little clothing she was wearing, were all having an effect on the Augment. An effect that she was afraid of.

She jerked away from Jiseth as if her fingers had been fire, putting several steps of distance between the two of them. The touches, the words, the gestures, they were all adding up in her head to the initiation of intimate contact.

"Please, do not," she said, angling herself slightly away from the Romulan. "You require nourishment at this point. Eat whatever you wish."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 am

Suddenly she felt like she had collided into a wall of ice. A stark truth smacking her in the face. Her arms crossed as if trying to keep warm and slowly stepped away before turning and leaving the room. She returned, cocooned in a dark blue robe. From the replicator came an order of curry rice.

Taking two chairs, she sat in one facing the view port and put her plate in the seat of the other. Jiseth did not eat right away, her head in her hands and elbows on her thighs. Little things began to get at her. Even the view port itself. Millimeters of transparent metal and then nothingness that would kill her in seconds.

From one of the pockets of her robe, she pulled out two earphones. With the press of a button on one, the sounds of waves coming ashore played. A beach at night with a thunderstorm in the distance. She closed her eyes and imagined she was there, watching lightning arc across the sky. With a sigh she took her first bite.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:33 am

It didn't take long for Zero to realise the mistake in communication that had happened between them. She opened her mouth for a moment, trying to formulate the words but none came to her mind. She stepped closer to Jiseth, standing a pace behind her shoulder.

"I am sorry," she murmured. "I did not mean to offend you." She took a deep breath, folding her arms over her stomach. "My... reeducation at the hands of Starfleet Medical while you were away... it was... a little... difficult. I was taught many things that I did not know before, including about intimate situations."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 am

Jiseth pulled one ear phone from her ear and stood, placing it in the respective one for Zero. Picking up her plate with one hand she moved the chair with the other to allow her partner to be next to her. Sitting back down, with her plate in her lap, she hit the play button.

"What kind of reeducation?"

It was a question more to the tone of requesting for a list of charges, though the verdict had already been decided. Sentencing had yet to come. Immolation was always possible though. It would please her to no end to see Corinth and his entire department reduced to ashes, but those feelings could wait.

As she looked through the view port, she could see her reflection and Zero's among the field of stars. For the briefest of moments, she could see them on the beach as well.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:56 am

Zero had wanted to pull away rather than let Jiseth put the small bud in her ear, but she managed to simply tense up a little instead. I hve done enough damage to this relationship already, she thought to herself. I do not wish to be the cause of any further damage.

She took the seat, looking out at the stars as she crossed her legs neatly. "Social reeducation, for the most part. Repairing what damage they believed had been caused to my prior education by my living outwith their grasp," she said in response to Jiseth's question. "I have been forbidden to drink and my dance program has been destroyed. They corrected my protocols on relationships with other people as well as teaching me how more intimate relationships work."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:07 pm

There was a moment where Jiseth felt sick to her stomach. Corrected. Which part? That she was with another woman or with a Romulan? Perhaps both. It should be expected, though. She did not truly understand the contempt for Starfleet that her superiors had until she had lived among them. Her biases grew from different soil and seed, but once blossomed looked quite similar.

However, too many assumptions had been made already. She could not let her emotions ruin what was still struggling to get off the ground.

"Is it you being in a relationship in general? Or being in one with... me?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:20 pm

"It is my being in a relationship in general," Zero answered. She paused for a moment, trying to put her experiences and teachings into words that the Romulan would be able to understand. "They wished to... test my physical maturity, find out in what ways my body has changed while being in an intimate, physical relationship with you as well as to determine how well I have been designed to accommodate a male lover as well."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:34 pm

The fork had been centimeters from Jiseth's lips when it suddenly stopped. Turning her head slowly, she lowered it back to the plate. A fire had been set and was waiting to slake its thirst with some flammable liquid. Such a desire to grow into inferno.

Zero was a doctor, she already knew the physical aspects of a relationship. At least the theoretical. The experience came their first night together. It was glorious, but felt like long ago. Even still, Jiseth found her thoughts becoming extremely territorial, hostile even, at the thought of someone laying a hand on her in a way that well... the way bounded over ethics and morals without a care or consideration to the Augment.

"How exactly..?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Zero had been watching Jiseth out of the corner of her eye and frowned slightly as she noted the Romulan's reactions. She turned her head to look at her. "Through a series of experiments designed to gather empirical evidence," she said carefully. While the logic of the experiments had been been explained to her and she had found it to be sound, there had been many occasions before where she had thought similar, only to have Jiseth explain to her that they most certainly were not normal. "I found that I did not enjoy the experience as much as I do with you, although I was told that enjoyment is not always a factor in such matters."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:04 pm

And suddenly chaos became clarity. Her wrath would not be manifest as a bubbling explosion of magma, but a neat and precise disruptor beam. It seemed so simple. They could not be reasoned with nor did they feel compelled in any form to refrain from continuing, at least in Jiseth's eyes. Perhaps that made the decision easier.

There was an overwhelming temptation to throw her plate across the room. Destroy every bit of standing furniture with her bare hands, but it would do nothing useful. Quietly she stood and set her plate down on her seat. She had copious amounts of free time at the moment. Humans advertised that they had evolved beyond vengeance. Apparently, they still lagged far behind in matters of consent. Rape. They were almost as bad as Klingons to her. The Tal'Shiar may have put her brain in a blender, but they did not assault her in such a manner.

Murder would only prevent her from seeing Zero again, however. Put into what the Federation laughably called a prison, she would still be unable to be part of the life they wanted. Something else. More devious. She was Romulan after all.

"Did they record these... sessions?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Zero stood up at the same time as Jiseth, her shoulders squared and tensed as she noted the Romulan's expression reflected back at her in the darkness of the viewport. She understood that Jiseth could be territorial, but this level of anger toward them... she had only seen it when the doctors overstepped some line in sociably acceptable human interactions.

She reached out, touching Jiseth's arm. "Yes, they were observed and recorded for future study. I do not understand. Is this form of biological research frowned upon?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:28 pm

"It's not research! It's fracking-" She stopped herself short, breathing heavily as her face darkened, "...What they did was a crime."

Reaching over, she gave Zero's hand a gentle squeeze. Perhaps she had something for the Tal'Shiar after all. A mutual enemy. They would care little about her desire to protect Zero, but eliminating an Admiral would be a well-received trophy within their community. Plenty of individuals who worked for Corinth to be interrogated. Put through what Jiseth had been through, except worse. They were not allowed to kill her. They would have few, if any, reservations regarding the lives of Human captors.

"I need those recordings," she said quietly.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Zero blinked at the Romulan, trying to process the thought that, once again, Starfleet Medical had overstepped the bounds of both law and morality in their dealings with her. She couldn't understand it. She couldn't understand how they could convince her that it was normal.

She looked down at Jiseth's hand on hers, then looked back up at her face. "Why are the recordings important?" she asked. "The experiments were concluded for the moment and while Gavin continues to send reports on my behaviour and progress and as long as that information matches that which they wish to hear, they will leave me alone."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:03 pm

"You deserve justice. You're a sentient, self-sufficient being. The recordings are evidence of how some have mistreated you."

For all her brilliance, there was a slight moment where the Romulan thought the Augment was the dumbest person she knew. A deep desire to protect who she loved from just about everything took hold. Fight off the darkness in her name. The more she thought about it, the more it sounded like she would become just like SFM. Worse even.

"They won't leave you alone. How many times did they take you when we were in Washington? How many times will this happen before you do something about it? Damn it, why won't you fight back? I can't do it for you, but I can't sit idly either. So I think I might need to have a talk with Mr. Van Gelder..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:17 pm

A flash of hurt crossed Zero's face as she thought she picked up on an accusatory tone in Jiseth's voice. She looked away, finding it difficult to look at the Romulan although she couldn't understand why that was. There was a sensation of... dark hollowness, a metal band around her chest that tightened. She struggled to put a name to it. Guilt? That might cover it.

"Jiseth... E'lev..." she murmured. "Everything that you have raged against, that you declare are abnormal in what Medical does... I was unaware that it was not normal. Everything that they do, they have always given me a logical progression as to why they were doing it." She paused for a moment, rubbing a hand over her heart as if to sooth a pain there. "Even if I were to fight back, I have no training in combat, nor would they hesitate to employ lethal force."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:04 pm

"If I asked another medical officer about this, what do you think they would say? This isn't some tiny infraction, people are going to go to prison. Personally, I'd rather see them executed, but the Federation isn't so keen on that type of punishme-..."

Looking to Zero's hand on her chest, she remembered the device on the young woman's heart.

"...Damn it."

There was a long bit of silence before she said anything. The thinnest of ropes they seemed to be balanced on.

"Violence isn't the only way to fight. Question is how to do so without resulting in your... well... We'll need a more potent form of leverage."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Zero stepped away from Jiseth, moving over to the work station in the quarters, tapping at the console for a few moments before she came back, slipping an isolinear chip into Jiseth's hand.

"The recordings," she said by way of explanation. "I am not supposed to have them, but I thought that they may have been of use to me in learning to understand humanoid interactions. I see that I was in error." She lifted a hand to gently touch Jiseth's cheek. "Whatever you wish to do about it, it is capable of waiting until the morning. Please, eat a little more, then we shall retire to bed."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Closing her eyes, Jiseth leaned her head towards Zero's hand, bringing her own to it. She hoped she would never go without this feeling that flowed through her when they touched. Leaving a soft kiss on Zero's palm, she slipped her other hand to her lover's cheek and leaned her forehead against her's as well.

"How am I supposed to sleep..?"

Laying a kiss on Zero's cheek, she parted to return to her plate, taking it from the seat and moved towards the replicator. She ate all she could on the way before recycling what little was left. Crossing her arms, she turned to look at Zero for a moment before heading reluctantly to the bedroom.

Her robe came off and dropped to the floor. Minor confirmation that the artificial gravity was still working since everything else seemed to be about as good as Wolf 359. Part of her wanted to crush the chip in her hand, but more so she felt compelled to see what they had done. Perhaps with the promise of seeing it in the morning she could rest. Suddenly, she regretted relinquishing her citizenship.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Zero tolerated Jiseth's touch with only a small flinch. It was getting easier now, the touches and caresses of a lover overriding the touches of a scientist that still stuck in her mind. She watched as Jiseth ate a little more of her food, saying nothing when she didn't finish her plate.

She followed the Romulan into the bedroom, moving away from her to change out of her uniform and into a simple tshirt and cotton trousers. Stepping up alongside Jiseth, she nodded to the bed.

"Rest. I will stay with you."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:14 pm

With a sigh of resignation, Jiseth clambered onto and across the mattress, putting the chip on the nightstand. A moment later she had herself under the covers and lay on her side, facing where Zero would be.

She suddenly felt quiet content with rest. A few hours before, they had been at a Christmas party. Now it was as if they had survived an avalanche and now found themselves at the bottom of the slope. Earlier's fire seemed burnt out. Tomorrow the phoenix might rise, but tonight she lay in ashes.

"I would like it if you did not keep your injuries hidden from me either, e'lev."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Zero slipped into bed, moving close to Jiseth and tucking the blankets closer around the Romulan before settling down herself, bringing one hand up to brush some hair from Jiseth's face. She placed a gentle kiss on the Romulan's forehead.

"There will be time to talk in the morning," she said softly, moving her arm to drape it over Jiseth's waist. "If you wish me to tell you, then I will, but once you have rested."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:39 pm

A worried look came over the Romulan's face as she sat quiet for a few moments and then finally nodded her head. It seemed everything hung on her going to bed, which for what her Romulan honesty was worth, coincided with how drained she felt from the day's events.

Jiseth's eyelids began to droop and slowly closed. Her breathes became lighter and less frequent. The last thing to leave her lips was, "I love you," before she slid off into sleep. Her though relaxed, she lay quiet still aside from the slight rise and fall of her chest.

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Today at 3:09 am

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: