Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Zero smiled slightly at her Romulan as she started to drift off to sleep, shuffling a little closer and wrapping her arms around the sleeping woman, tucking Jiseth's head under her chin. Nothing would disturb her Romulan this night, she would make sure of it.

[Morning]

Zero's eyes snapped open as her internal clock told her that it was time to wake up. She blinked a couple of times before sitting up, looking around, her eyes searching for Jiseth.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:12 pm

From the lounge came the faint sound of sniffling and the occasional cough. Jiseth sat wrapped up in her robe on the floor against the wall near the replicator. An empty mug sat next to her which previously contained raktajino.

Before her sat a PADD that had been powered down. The isolinear chip lay next to it. She had watched every bit of it. Several times she had looked away only to pause and rewind it, forcing herself to see what happened. Right now though, she wish it had been alcohol that made her feel so nauseous.

Suddenly she covered her mouth and rose to her feet before bolting to the restroom and expelling her stomach contents into the toilet. After the first few convulsions she found herself once again crying heavily and punched the side of the bowl several times.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Aware that Jiseth wasn't in bed with her, Zero scrambled out from under the covers, about to go looking for her when the Romulan bolted past her into the bathroom. She glanced in the direction that she had come from, and saw the chip lying on the carpet-covered deck plates. It didn't take an Augment to put two and two together and figure out that Jiseth had been watching the recordings. All the tests that had been done to test her physical parametres...

Moving into the bathroom, she knelt next to the Romulan, taking hold of the hand that seemed to be determined to break their toilet to stop the punching. Then, drawing Jiseth to her, holding her close to her chest, Zero closed her eyes. "I am sorry," she murmured. "Please, it is over. There is no longer any need for such distress."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:51 pm

"How can I wear that uniform again?" Jiseth yelled though half muffled by her closeness with Zero. "If this is what Starfleet finds acceptable then I want nothing to do with the Federation!" Again she sobbed into her lover's embrace and brought her clenched fist close to her chest. It was not over, because it had not happened yet; the next time they came for her.

"I just... I had to know. What happens if they decide otherwise about Van Gelder? Does he know what they do to you?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Zero rocked the Romulan gently, feeling that this was an appropriately comforting gesture for the situation. "Do not let the actions of one man colour your view of millions," she said softly. "While Corinth and his team act in an unsuitable manner, there are others who believe in the values of the Federation. He is able to justify his actions due to the fact that I am not considered to be an individual, but not everyone accepts that."

She paused for a moment, thinking about the young medic that had given up his chosen career path because of what he had refused to do. "He knows elements of what happens, but not everything. His father is another important figure in Starfleet Medical, although not one associated with my project."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Slowly Jiseth began to calm herself as Zero spoke. She still took deep breaths, shivering slightly, but the tears had stopped. Her eyes remained closed contemplating her Augment's words. A Ferengi might be more apt to negotiate an opportunity of some form, but Romulan's had their cunning. She would find a way. She always did.

"We'll need his help... At the very least to find a way to remove the device from your heart. Everything else will have to be secondary. Too great a risk if he finds out what we're up to. You just got me back after all."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:58 am

Zero continued to rock Jiseth gently, still a little concerned by the outbreak of emotion she was experiencing. She was more accustomed to seeing her enraged at Starfleet Medical than in this state.

“He has already pledged his assistance to me before. We can hope that he will do so again,” she murmured. “He sacrificed his career in Medical for me. It may be possible that he is capable…” she squashed that thought immediately. She had been told in no uncertain terms that there was no way to remove the device anchored to her pericardium. Exposing it to air would cause it to detonate a small charge. That much she knew.

She sighed, resting her forehead against the top of Jiseth’s head. She wished that life could be simple for the pair of them, but apparently, that wasn’t on the cards. She shifted her position slightly to alleviate the pins and needles sensation in one leg.

“E’lev… what happened in the recordings… that was wrong?”

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:15 am

"Beyond wrong. The kind of crime that should be dead in your culture, supposedly. Though... If you don't believe me... Feel free to ask any other medical personnel we know that can be trusted."

Taking hold of Zero's forearms, Jiseth tightened the Augment's embrace ever so slightly. It was comforting and indeed she felt safe for the moment, but they would have to go out into the rough seas soon enough. Their circumstances were not entirely insurmountable. The cost of success, however, she knew would be high. Crippling even. Time to boldy go, e'lev...

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:44 am

"I believe you, Jiseth," Zero murmured to her beloved. She had no reason not to, after all. Jiseth had never lied to her when it came to what Starfleet Medical did. Apparently, despite everything that she had been told by the doctors assigned to her at Medical, very little of what happened there was actually acceptable in normal society.

Scooping the Romulan up into her arms, she moved back to the bed, settling Jiseth back onto the mattress and pulling the blankets back over her. "I am sure that you did not take adequate rest last night," she said by way of explanation.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Jiseth looked over toward Zero, still a solemn expression on her face. It was roughly 0300 when she awoke. Another nightmare. Then came observing the one that Zero had lived through. Hardly a leisure way to start the day.

Rolling over on her side, she propped her head up with her hand, her eyes unwavering in their gaze into Zero's. Sleep could come later in the day as a nap. However, arguing health against her own doctor seemed it would turn out less than fruitful.

"I take it we won't be negotiating this in the slightest."

A subtle attempt at humor, but she attached a slight smile at the end. For all that had happened she could not find it in herself to be resentful with her partner. When she considered words to describe Zero, often she came up with innocent. Something that every Romulan seemed to be born lacking.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:42 pm

"There will be no negociations," Zero confirmed in a tone of voice that brooked not arguments. She could tell from the Romulan's general demeanour that both sleep and food were elements that had been sorely lacking in her life while they had been apart. She pursed her lips for a moment, then moved away into the lounge, heading for the replicator.

She returned a few moments later with a tray, on which she had carefully placed, with her usual neat precision, a bowl of rice, a few slices of toast, and a large glass of juice. "You require much nourishment," she stated. "We will have to begin with more basic foods, but you must eat," she said, placing the tray by the Romulan.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Her emerald eyes closed as she sighed with resignation. How Zero could be so focused on her instead of herself was quiet phenomenal, yet infuriating. When would she be allowed to take care of her Augment instead? Perhaps after the meal as the tasks ahead would surely be arduous. Perhaps Zero knew full well of this and wanted to prepare her partner, or at least, that's what Jiseth hoped as began biting into the toast first.

"I take it everything else might come following the conclusion of my nourishment? I can't possibly make up all the lost calories in one meal so... I... I would like very much to be able to tend to your needs as you do mine."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:34 am

Zero turned to look at Jiseth from where she was standing, changing her sleeping attire for her uniform. There was a slight confusion on her face as she considered the Romulan.

"You will require several meals in order to make up for what you lack, yes," she replied, walking back over to the bed as she pulled her uniform jacket over her shoulders. "My needs are not as immediate as yours, E'lev. When you are stronger, perhaps."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Sitting up quickly, Jiseth felt like she had been stung, but a matter of the heart. To be taken care of, but unable to return the favor. To be unable to do her duty. It was maddening. Not wishing for any more ill feelings that had been brought up the night before, she nodded and continued eating.

"I'll go see Chira today. See what she says... Maybe visit you during your break?"

And that's when I'll deploy a vase full of beautiful flowers and maybe even some of those lovely chocolates from Risa.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

It was something of a relief to the Augment to see Jiseth eating, even if it had been a bit of a struggle to get her to eat.

With the uniform jacket settled the way she liked it, she sat on the edge of the bed, looking at the Romulan with her head tilted slightly to one side. "My shift is not until later and I have numerous days of leave in reserve. If you wish, I will take one today and remain with you."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:59 am

"I would like that a great deal, e'lev!"

Her smile widened as she plowed through the rice at a quickened pace. For a moment, she wondered if this excitement was similar to how Ghost felt when the opportunity arose to spend time with her or simply play or exercise.

Placing the empty bowl on her place, the remnant liquid in her glass was guzzled down before Jiseth hopped from the bed and ran the tray to be recycled. On her return at warp speed, she swung through the door and slid back onto the bed, leaning her head against her lover's shoulder.

"I take it I'll have to get dressed... Care to help me pick something out?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 am

For a moment, Zero wondered if she was going to have to get out the medication for indigestion given the speed with which Jiseth was eating. She raised an eyebrow at her lover's warp speed antics, guessing thay she had slept somewhat after all if she had that much energy.

"Do you require assistance to dress?" She asked, a little confused. "If you do not wish to dress, there is no pressing need. We do not have to leave our quarters."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:18 am

"Tempting as that might be... I think the intimacy will have to wait."

Leaning in she have the Augment a peck on the cheek before hopping off the bed toward the closet. She thought about the time she pulled Zero from one, slightly amused in retrospect that the pale doctor had come out long before that incident.

Pulling a dark green dress and a navy blue one as well, she held each over herself to see which her partner thought was more flattering of a color.

"Any thoughts? Leaning toward the blue at the moment."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Zero shied away slightly from the kiss.  While she may not have known that what Admiral Corinth and his team had done to her was wrong, it had taken away all joy she found in intimate contact.  She found that she didn't want to be intimate.  That had probably been the entire point of the exercise, if a more cynical person thought about it, but the thought had never occurred to the Augment.  

As Jiseth posed the question of dresses to her, a look of alarm crossed her pale features.  She had reverted to only wearing her uniforms once again, and there were very few other clothes in her closet because of that.  In fact, she was pretty sure that everything except the blue duty uniforms in the closet belonged to Jiseth.  Aesthetic considerations were not something she excelled at, not unless it was in a genome.  She looked down and to the side, once again aware that she was starting at her e'lev and feeling uncomfortable.

"Um...  I do not know?" she offered.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

The Romulan was certainly crestfallen now, as her head leaned forward and she too looked away from her partner. You can't expect things to just be as they were. One day perhaps... but not today. Swirling around quickly she put both back onto the rack and pulled her grey Romulan uniform. She greatly preferred the Type C to the previous version with its ludicrously large shoulder pads.

Jiseth started with her trousers and then moved to the boots followed by the shirts and jacket. It was actually more comfortable and had greater freedom of motion than her Starfleet uniform. In this situation however, her duty was to care for her Augment and she made a silent vow to do so regardless of how challenging. At the very least she would maintain a dignified appearance.

Making sure everything was in order in the mirror, she turned to Zero, "I want to see you dance."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:55 am

Out of the corner of her eye, Zero watched as Jiseth discarded the dresses and opted instead for one of her Romulan uniforms. While it was a little bit of a disappointment, the Augment was a little relieved to see that the uniform had not been cut to particularly flatter the body. It was utilitarian.

Hearing Jiseth's voice addressing her, she looked up, then away again. "My dance program was destroyed. They told me that it was not a suitable pasttime."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:22 am

"Nor am I apparently!" This time there was no issue of having to suppress tears. There was a cold tone in Jiseth's voice. She had to admit one thing at the very least; the situation did not just fill her with grief. She was furious.

"Computer! Is there a usage log of all holodecks?"

"Affirmative."

"Does it detail more than simply which program and duration?"

"Affirmative. Logs record power consumption, matrix diode efficiency, matter conversion subsystem effici-"

"That's good. The program used by Lieutenant Junior Grade Doctor Zero Alpha was deleted correct?"

"Affirmative. Time of removal-"

"Computer, can the program be restored based on the data recorded in the logs?"

"Negative. Insufficient data."

"More data... It needs more data... Computer, the program was used on board the USS Phoenix as well, would there be enough when combining with the logs there?"

"Verifying..."

"Come on... Come on..."

"...Affirmative."

"Yes!" Jiseth clenched her fist as if grabbing at some invisible object, triumphant in her small victory. "Is there an open holodeck currently?"

"Several holodecks are currently unoccup-"

"Zero!" Jiseth spun toward her and bent over so they were at the same eye level, "I think my legs are strong enough... Would you teach me how to dance?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Sat perched on the edge of the bed, Zero watched Jiseth's conversation with the computer with an expression of faint dread. As much as she really wanted to be able to take her Romulan lover and teach her everything she knew about dancing, part of her remained afraid of the consequences should Starfleet Medical find out again.

Fear. That was a new thing that had come from SFM. Oh, she had experienced fear. She was afraid of the dark and of small spaces. But fear on this level? Always being afraid of the consequences of her actions when she didn't always understand what she was doing wrong and the rules were constantly changing.

She looked away as Jiseth came down to her level, folding her hands primly in her lap. The fear was there, clenched in her solar plexus. She didn't want to tell Jiseth that she couldn't, but nor could she teach the Romulan to dance.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:57 pm

The Romulan's face darkened as a hot surge hit, leaving her incensed as teeth clenched behind closed lips and hands balled into firsts. Why come back at all? Why want me back if you're just going to do whatever they say? The moment they tell you to be rid of me... Will you comply? After all they've done already... Are you so broken that you willing allow yourself to be their slave? What are you, Zero Alpha?

Jiseth's breathing became audible and chest rose and fell quickly. She wanted to punch something. Tear something apart. Anything cathartic. Starfleet Medical had become Zero's Tal'Shiar. That look she had seen in many she served with and had it herself at times. Slowly rubbing her own temples, Jiseth turned around and sat down next to Zero, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees.

"My people have a reputation for deception, but that's because we understand what is truth a great deal better, at least, that's what I always heard as a child. You yourself have a reputation for brutal, clinical honesty and many aren't... receptive. Let's see if you fair better..."

She stood up and brushed straightened her uniform before looking down to Zero sternly, "I'm going to see if that program works right. Then I'm going to see Chira tomorrow. She'll probably recommend I see the Captain as well, which I will agree to. If you don't tell the Captain about what's on that chip, about our daughter... Damn it, she's our last chance to resolve any of this legally. Tell her all that has transpired, e'lev, or I swear I'll leave you. Promise me you'll see her!"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Zero could feel the tears burning at the back of her eyes, but forced them back. She would not shed tears in front of Jiseth. It wasn't the honesty that hurt the most. She was used to that. Both Doctor Kincaede and Admiral Corinth both had been and were very direct in their means of communication.

She remained silent for a moment after Jiseth's ultimatum, then got to her feet, striding over to a cloth that had been hung over a rectangular frame of some sort. She pulled it off, revealing the full-length mirror that was a standard fixture in all crew quarters. In every set of quarters she owned, she always kept the mirrors covered, especially if she had recently returned from Starfleet Medical. She glared at her reflection, at the face that so many people hated simply because of how she had been born.

"You may do as you wish, Jiseth," she said softly. "Everything that angers you about Medical's treatment of me, I do not know any different. It was clear to me that what I experienced with Doctor Kincaede was not normal. However, while different, Admiral Corinth acted as if what he and his teams did was normal for human development. For all I know, it could simply be a difference in culture!" She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. "I researched the procedures from the recordings. I found similar recordings in the cultural databanks, recordings of various women willingly submitting to similar testing, yet you tell me that it is wrong!" As she spoke, her voice became more agitated, culminating in a yell of anger, her fist hitting the mirror and shattering it. Breathing heavily, she finally turned back to Jiseth, nursing her hand. "I cannot trouble the captain with elements that may be trivial."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Today at 6:48 am

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: