Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 pm

"The Captain... has a vested interest in our well-being. We're her senior officers! My commission may be inactive, but that doesn't mean I'm a Romulan without duty. It's to you, Zero! Likewise, the Captain will take care of us. It's her duty! The ship is just a piece of metal. She doesn't create a ceremony every time the damn thing docks. She's there to perform the marriages of her crew!"

Jiseth's bottom lips trembled for a moment as she did not even bother to stop the tears from coming down. There was just acceptance of their presence.

"Like how I wanted for us..."

Wiping away the tears quickly, she did not avert her gaze from Zero.

"...But I can see me even touching you is unwanted. I'm sorry..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Unable to watch Jiseth cry, Zero turned her gaze back to the shattered, fragmented reflection the mirror now cast. It felt strangely apt for the situation.

"I... cannot accept your touch, Jiseth," she said softly. "I was taught that the sensations you brought me... they are not permitted. That they carry consequences. Arousal, pleasure in the acts of intimate love, these are things for which I must be punished. People like me... should not be encouraged to participate in acts even close to those of procreation."

She ran her hands through her white hair, turning her back on the mirror and sitting on the deck, leaning against it. "I do not understand. The rules... they change so often that I cannot maintain any level of comprehension. Nothing is consistent." She looked up to Jiseth. "With you at my side, it was easier to know how to react. The emotional sensations you produced in me, they were consistent. Without that input, I was disoriented."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 pm

"Then why hold our child hostage? Why not have terminated her already? They didn't sterilize you when you were younger, they took advantage of you! They won't even terminate you! They would have done so already. So either we contact some anti-Federation Cardassians who still believe in the glory of their dying home world to do the dirty work for us, talking to the Captain is our only option."

Jiseth took a few steps closer, about half way between the two of them, holding out her hand.

"There are rules, yes, but only those written in our manuals. Laid down by our Captain. Most important though, to me anyway, are those we make with each other. People like you... Do you think I don't know what it's like to live among a long-hailed enemy? That's the thing... We're no different than them. We wish for the same things in life. Longevity... Happiness... Love. The Federation's promise to give each person the opportunity to fulfill those wishes is why I'm still here. I'm no longer another damn brick to build upon. I'm no one's puppet. I'm free, e'lev. There are no strings on me..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Once again, Zero ran her hands through her hair, winding her fingers into it as if she was about to tear it out. "The actions of normal humans and humanoids remain a mystery to me. Do not expect me to comprehend the actions of those you deem abnormal!" she cried, starting to lose control of her emotional state, something that she had always tried to keep so far under wraps.

"You may no longer have any strings to control you, but there are an adequate number attached to me for both of us." She looked at the hand, not understanding why it was being held out to her. She let out a heavy breath. "If you wish it, I will attempt to speak with the Captain."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 pm

"Please do..."

Jiseth's hand fell back to her side as she stood there, sniffling occasionally. It was not long, seeing her lover in tears, before she moved close and hugged Zero tightly. Slowly she rocked her back and forth, wishing she could remember how the tunes went to the little, comforting lullabies she'd hear from her mother.

"What's normal for everyone else shouldn't mean a thing. Not a single, damn thing. All that matters is what's normal for us. So far it's been bliss and misery. Mostly toward the latter... There's no one coming to harm you when we're close. They haven't barged in here since my arrival. They can't hurt you. They won't hurt you. I can't protect you on my own though. I sorely wish I could, but if that first week we met showed us anything... We should have come forward a lot sooner... But I will go with you, e'lev. We're in this together."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Initially, Zero stiffened in the embrace, about to pull away, but then tried to relax, to accept the touch from the Romulan who meant so much to her.

"They may as yet be unaware of your return," she said softly. "Gavin will have to report it. It is too large an element to conceal." Slowly, as if afraid that her hands were going to be slapped away, she wrapped her arms around Jiseth, hugging her tightly. She could remember that first week clearly, how Medical had come for her several times while she was spending time with Jiseth. She still remembered the dress that Jiseth had bought for her, the one that had been confiscated along with the rest of her non-Starfleet-issue attire. The Romulan had pulled her out of the tiny box that Corinth used as a punishment, seen some of the things she went though in the name of medical understanding. "I do not know how to bring this to the captain. I am afraid."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

"I can test the waters... See her first about the Tal'Shiar. I'll bring the chip. How she reacts... What she offers... Those will determine how we proceed."

Leaning her head down, she rested her cheek on Zero's forehead.

"As for me... I'm technically a civilian, remember? I'll be a lot harder to keep track of. If need be, I have a personal cloaking device in my survival kit. Regardless, we'll find a way, e'lev. We always have. We always will..."

Moving her hand up, Jiseth gently tilted her lover's head up by her chin and pressed her lips to Zero's softly. A moment passed before she pulled away ever so slightly, hoping that Zero would return a kiss.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Zero had been about to agree that the measures Jiseth had suggested sounded like good ideas when her thought processes were interrupted, not all that unpleasantly, by the gentle pressure of the Romulan's lips on hers.

Feeling Jiseth pull away, she followed for a handful of heartbeats, as if unwilling to let the contact go, as if she wanted to continue, before a flicker of realisation crossed her face. This was exactly the kind of contact that she had been warned against, and this lead up to the other kinds of contact that she was most definitely not allowed to participate in unless it was for experimental purposes.

She tensed up, a battle of wills evident on her face, her fears of Medical's retribution against her desire to be close to Jiseth again. The Augment swallowed hard, leaning forward hesitantly, brushing her lips against hers for a brief moment before she jumped back, as if afraid that she was going to be burnt by the contact.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

"It's okay... We're safe..."

Her voice was quiet. Calm. Her cheeks still damp from the tears, but she managed to smile. It was progress at least. Perhaps not holding hands down the corridor or a romantic dinner on the holodeck yet, but progress nonetheless.

"I'm right here. Not going anywhere without you."

Jiseth's smile widened. A rare display of joy. She took a step forward and went around Zero, turning her as well, until the Romulan's back was against the wall a safe distance from the broken mirror. With hands linking at the small of her lover's back, she leaned her head back against the wall.

"Come in slow... Stick with what's comfortable and feels good."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 am

The change of positions confused Zero to begin with, but then the logic of the situation became more apparent to her. Jiseth was allowing her to approach at her own pace, without the additional stress of feeling trapped by the wall should she feel the need to escape.

The indecision on her face was clear. She wanted the contact with Jiseth again, craved it even. It had always been on her mind during the Romulan's absence, wishing that she could just touch her, be comforted and offer comfort. But the thought that she could be put back into that box...

Jiseth's arms around her waist gave the slightest of pressures for the Augment to step closer to her, a step that she took hesitantly. Zero lifted her hands to touch her Romulan's jaw, stopping just shy of actually making contact with the skin for a moment, fighting with the reprogramming Medical had done. Swallowing hard, she forced herself to move her hands that little bit further, her touch ghosting along the line of Jiseth's jaw.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 am

"That's it..."

It was nearly a tease, the faintness of Zero's touch. So close. She could feel her head turning every so slightly toward her lover's hand. In every way bliss compared to the fists that pummeled her while imprisoned. Interrogated.

How long had it been since they had been like this she could not recall, but she did not wish it to end anytime soon.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:14 am

Feeling as if she was reliving a dream or a memory rather than reality, Zero moved slowly, tentatively, afraid of the godlike hand of Starfleet Medical to come and slap her down yet again. The slender, pale fingers followed the line of Jiseth's jaw to her chin with the lightest of touches before stroking back and up over her lover's ears, over the delicate points. She felt as if she was rediscovering the Romulan's forms, the softness of her skin.

It couldn't last though. Fear slammed down into her mind as she remembered how she had been touched in a similar way back at Medical. Tensing, she let her hands drop to wrap around her middle, stepping back out of the embrace.

"I am sorry, e'lev."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Jiseth let her hands fall back against the wall slowly. Her eyes stayed on Zero and there was still some semblance of a smile on her face. It was farther than she had expected. Recovery, as Zero had told her Romulan when she was trying to regain her ability to walk, was a process. Not a destination.

"Don't be... I enjoyed that. We'll walk before we can run. Small steps at first. The difference between me and them... I won't force this on you. I won't create some arbitrary long list of reasons it's okay or justified. Love is all that this is from me."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Zero still looked ashamed, unwilling to lift her gaze from the deck up to Jiseth. She wanted to be able to just fall back into the same routine and rhythm that the couple had managed to achieve before. She turned around, sitting down on the edge of the bed and putting her face in her hands.

Love. That's what Jiseth seemed to want from her, and the Augment longed to be able to give it to her.

"I am no longer certain if I am capable of offering you the love you deserve," she said softly.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Tilting her head to the side, Jiseth slid down the wall and sat on the floor. She rested her elbows on bent knees, letting her hands dangle relaxed. This all was to be expected. Endured. And one way or another she would prove to her that she, that they both, would endure.

"You already have..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm

"Perhaps before," Zero replied. "Perhaps before my last... session... with Starfleet Medical, I would have been capable. Many things of which I was certain I am no longer."

The Augment sighed heavily, lifting her head, closing her eyes for a brief moment. As she opened them again, she looked to Jiseth, having put a mental block between those insecurities and the present moment. The Romulan was still in need of her care, and she would give it.

"I think that you should be continuing to rest, Jiseth. It would appear that you have had far too little in recent times."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:15 pm

"I've had too little of you in recent times as well..."

With only a slight effort, mostly from the restricted movement due to her uniform, did she bring herself to her feet and cross the room, only to get down on her knees before her partner. Leaning forward, she held Zero's cheeks in her hands with soft brushes from her thumbs across her skin.

"It's not just you and I any more... Our daughter... Sooner or later we'll get her back and our duty then will be to make memories for her... We're the ghosts of her future. I don't want her to remember us as always afraid... always on the run... She deserves so much better than what we can give right now. I want her to think of us whenever she wonders what love looks like. So... let's get out of here, Snowflake. It's not our genetics that make us great, it's what we do with our lives."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:31 pm

As much as Zero wanted to pull away from the contact of Jiseth's hands on her face, she kept still, accepting the touch. Their daughter... The baby she had made herself, worked on the genetics to get the blending of both herself and Jiseth just right...

"But how are we to bring her back to us?" she asked quietly. "Speaking of her in the future is insubstantial and nonsensical as we have no way in which to retrieve her from Medical."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:01 pm

"That's why we're going to the Captain first. One bit at a time. Trust me, I've thought of all sorts of insane scenarios. Running in with disruptors blazing and then dropping a warbird on top of them for good measure. We can't be above the law, because neither are they. If nothing else, that's our advantage."

Jiseth's expression softened and she found herself nearing tears again. Brushing some hair from Zero's face, there was little more to be said. Their journey felt like climbing to the top of Maat Mons with both feet tied together and only the barest of survival suits. During the day.

"Please... Stay with me today. Just one day to ourselves."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 pm

For a moment, Zero looked into Jiseth's face, reading its expression. One day. Sickbay could spare her for one day. Dropping her head in a nod, she tapped her commbadge.

"Alpha to sickbay. Please be advised that I find myself unable to report for beta shift for personal reasons. Alpha out."

Closing the channel, she looked at her Romulan. "I am at your disposition until alpha shift tomorrow," she said with a hesitant smile. "What is it that you would like to do?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Taking Zero's commbadge off her chest and tossing it onto the bed, Jiseth stood and pulled her Augment up with her. There was a sense of hope, at least for now. Something could be made of their time together and every moment of it cherished.

"We better change into some outdoor or fitness clothing. Something with a few more degrees of freedom. I have an idea. We'll take my shuttle. How does that sound?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Letting herself be pulled up by her Romulan lover, Zero then looked a little panicked at the suggestion as to what they do. For a start, she no longer owned any clothing other than her uniforms and anything issued by the Fleet. Secondly, she was a little afraid of being in as confined a space as a shuttle craft.

However, she would endure simply because it was what Jiseth wanted.

"I would like that," she said, managing to smile slightly, but then a faint expression of concern crossed her face. "Do you feel capable of flying?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:42 pm

"I feel capable of a lot more than that today, e'lev." With a quick kiss to her lover's cheek, she moved toward the closet and pulled from it her backpack. Rummaging through it, there were plenty of clothes. The shuttle's replicator could handle the rest.

"We're going to have to conceal you at least until we get on board... Wait!"

Diving back into the closet, she threw out several other bags and travel cases until she found a very particular black box. Reemerging, she pulled back the lid and reached in, pulling out a Breen helmet.

"During the war, there were several times boarding parties would beam through our shields. We lost more people to that than ship-to-ship fire. They'd even do so with their own still inside..." Jiseth shook her head, pushing away the memories that were attempting to surface, "I took a Jem'Hadar's close-combat weapon after my disruptor had run out of charge. The wearer of this helmet killed a friend of mine while a group of us were trying to retake the bridge. I returned the favor. Took this as a trophy. By the way... If anyone asks about what they look like under these helmets, tell them they really don't want to know."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Zero looked at the helmet with an expression of alarm. It would be so confined inside it, so suffocating. Just the thought of it was almost enough to send her into a panic. She looked around the little bedroom, trying to think of any other alternative to having to wear the helmet.

Spotting the medkit still sitting on one of the little bedside tables, she grabbed it, slipping the strap over her shoulder.

"I could put you under medical surveillance," she offered. "That would obligate me to follow you about your duties. It would be logical due to your return in a less than perfect state of health and the possibility that you would enter Starfleet service."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Jiseth's head tilted to the side as she realized the more practical strategy and somewhat embarrassed stored the helmet back into its case which itself found a speedy return to the closet along with the other baggage. There was the temptation to wear it herself, but it was already stored away.

"Computer, prep my shuttle for take off and let the dock master know I'll be departing shortly."

"Request confirmed."

Looking somewhat longingly to Zero, she stepped a bit closer and offered her hand once more. "Shall we, e'lev?"

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]   Today at 3:09 am

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park [Jiseth/Zero]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: