Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:


Gavin grinned, laughing softly as he rested his head on Thelos' shoulder, taking up the Andorian's hand.  He smiled at the sight of his fingers twined through Thelos' blue ones.  "Are you suuuure?" he asked, poking a playful tongue at his boyfriend.  "Space is vast, love.  We can hide forever.  We can join a band of pirates, or an intergalactic traveling circus...yeah.  That."

He kissed Thelos again, feeling his jawline, trailing his fingertip along the rim of the Andorian's ear.  "Have...have you mentioned me to them, yet?"



Thelos laughed aloud, in what was probably the most genuine laughter he'd let out all day. "I can't juggle so well, and... I'm a doctor, not a pirate," he teased. Besides, then they'd both have to toss their careers in starfleet out the airlock.

Despite the kisses and Gavin's lovely soft fingers on him again, the Andorian's mood immediately changed for the worse when Gavin asked him about his family.

"...No," he admitted, eyes downcast. "They keep asking me when I'm going to come back to Andoria and get myself married. I know they just mean have children." It embarrassed him, really, that he was too afraid to face them. But then again... he knew what their reaction would probably... no, what it'd have to be. Andorians had such strong ties to their families, and even for Gavin, Thelos was reluctant to sever that once his parents got wind.

"Have you?" he redirected.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:06 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos laughed aloud, in what was probably the most genuine laughter he'd let out all day. "I can't juggle so well, and... I'm a doctor, not a pirate," he teased. Besides, then they'd both have to toss their careers in starfleet out the airlock.

Despite the kisses and Gavin's lovely soft fingers on him again, the Andorian's mood immediately changed for the worse when Gavin asked him about his family.

"...No," he admitted, eyes downcast. "They keep asking me when I'm going to come back to Andoria and get myself married. I know they just mean have children." It embarrassed him, really, that he was too afraid to face them. But then again... he knew what their reaction would probably... no, what it'd have to be. Andorians had such strong ties to their families, and even for Gavin, Thelos was reluctant to sever that once his parents got wind.

"Have you?" he redirected.

"Have I told your parents? No," Gavin said, giving Thelos a total deadpan look. "I forgot to mention it in my last subspace to them." He held his expression a few seconds longer, and then grinned puckishly. "I'm kidding," he smirked, kissing the Andorian again, and lightly bopping him on the nose with a fingertip.

Gav's expression turned a little more serious. "Ah...no. I haven't. Not that I've been on the greatest speaking terms with the folks back home of late, but...yeah." He signed, rubbing his temples. "I think mom'll love you," he said, smiling. "And my sisters. Dad, of course, is the wild card. As always. You're a doctor, though...so I know he'll like that."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:


"Have I told your parents?  No," Gavin said, giving Thelos a total deadpan look.  "I forgot to mention it in my last subspace to them."  He held his expression a few seconds longer, and then grinned puckishly.  "I'm kidding," he smirked, kissing the Andorian again, and lightly bopping him on the nose with a fingertip.

Gav's expression turned a little more serious.  "Ah...no.  I haven't.  Not that I've been on the greatest speaking terms with the folks back home of late, but...yeah."  He signed, rubbing his temples.  "I think mom'll love you," he said, smiling.  "And my sisters.  Dad, of course, is the wild card.  As always.  You're a doctor, though...so I know he'll like that."

For one terrifying moment, Thelos was nearly convinced that Gavin was being serious. There was a brief deer-in-headlights moment for the Doctor, but when Gavin's expression broke so did his worries. His antenna flicked back upward instead of being lightly pinned back as it had a moment prior. "Don't do that to me, Gavin," he said, returning the bop to the nose.

He felt himself feeling a bad sort of relieved when Gavin said he hadn't told his family either. By what he'd described of his family, it wasn't his sisters or mother that he was particularly concerned about (although, he was nervous there, too). Gavin's father, however... Thelos was going to have to mentally brace for that one, he thought.

"Hmmm, yes. I do believe my years and years of med school will be worth it if I please your father," the Andorian said with a decidedly more lighthearted beat.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:21 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

For one terrifying moment, Thelos was nearly convinced that Gavin was being serious. There was a brief deer-in-headlights moment for the Doctor, but when Gavin's expression broke so did his worries. His antenna flicked back upward instead of being lightly pinned back as it had a moment prior. "Don't do that to me, Gavin," he said, returning the bop to the nose.

He felt himself feeling a bad sort of relieved when Gavin said he hadn't told his family either. By what he'd described of his family, it wasn't his sisters or mother that he was particularly concerned about (although, he was nervous there, too). Gavin's father, however... Thelos was going to have to mentally brace for that one, he thought.

"Hmmm, yes. I do believe my years and years of med school will be worth it if I please your father," the Andorian said with a decidedly more lighthearted beat.

Gavin smirked playfully at Thelos, poking his tongue at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to shave some years off your life." He began to pick up his various degrees and document frames, piling them back into the little silver box from which they'd come.

Shoving the box aside, Gavin turned back to Thelos, touching the side of his face and smiling sadly. "I guess we've bot got some explaining to do to our various folks...don't we?" In all honesty, Gavin wasn't sure at all how his father would react. He knew the fact that Thelos was an Andorian wouldn't bother the man, but...well. In all honesty, the prospect of he and Thelos giving Marius Van Gelder a grandchild was probably pretty slim.

"Maybe...maybe we could call them or something? Both of our families. We can do it together...if you want."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:46 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:


Gavin smirked playfully at Thelos, poking his tongue at him.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to shave some years off your life."  He began to pick up his various degrees and document frames, piling them back into the little silver box from which they'd come.  

Shoving the box aside, Gavin turned back to Thelos, touching the side of his face and smiling sadly.  "I guess we've both got some explaining to do to our various folks...don't we?"  In all honesty, Gavin wasn't sure at all how his father would react.  He knew the fact that Thelos was an Andorian wouldn't bother the man, but...well.  In all honesty, the prospect of he and Thelos giving Marius Van Gelder a grandchild was probably pretty slim.  

"Maybe...maybe we could call them or something?  Both of our families.  We can do it together...if you want."

Thelos shifted into a cross-legged sitting position on the bed with his elbows resting on his knees and his interlaced fingers pressed thoughtfully against his lips. He smiled softly as he watched Gavin pick up the degrees that he'd dropped earlier. His little genius... Oh my goodness, Thelos. You're completely out of your mental league with him, aren't you? The thought came out of nowhere and it surprised the Andorian.

He shook his head to himself. Gavin's suggestion was of much more importance, anyway. He forced himself not to just brush it off immediately out of fear, but... goodness, how was he going to manage that? "I... don't know if that's a good idea... on my family's side, anyway," he said uneasily. One of his mothers wouldn't be too upset... but she'd probably try and guilt-trip him with what he already knew about his species' reproductive crisis. Vrota, his other mother, would probably start yelling. His fathers.. Thelos visibly shuddered.

"...But, you know... I know I can't hide from them forever. Maybe if they got to know you first..." he said, though that was wishful thinking, he knew.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:


Thelos shifted into a cross-legged sitting position on the bed with his elbows resting on his knees and his interlaced fingers pressed thoughtfully against his lips. He smiled softly as he watched Gavin pick up the degrees that he'd dropped earlier. His little genius... Oh my goodness, Thelos. You're completely out of your mental league with him, aren't you? The thought came out of nowhere and it surprised the Andorian.

He shook his head to himself. Gavin's suggestion was of much more importance, anyway.  He forced himself not to just brush it off immediately out of fear, but... goodness, how was he going to manage that? "I... don't know if that's a good idea... on my family's side, anyway," he said uneasily. One of his mothers wouldn't be too upset... but she'd probably try and guilt-trip him with what he already knew about his species' reproductive crisis. Vrota, his other mother, would probably start yelling. His fathers.. Thelos visibly shuddered.

"...But, you know... I know I can't hide from them forever. Maybe if they got to know you first..." he said, though that was wishful thinking, he knew.

Fighting off a sigh, Gavin watched the clouds of uncertainty as they moved across Thelos' beautiful blue face. He was right, though...it was not going to be easy. Especially for Thelos. Gavin just had a disappointed father to worry about. Thelos? Well, he'd studied the Andorian people in his Academy courses, and he knew the reproductive crisis that occupied their thoughts, as well as scads of the Federaton's top minds. He couldn't even begin to imagine the pressure that all Andorians must feel...let alone when they had taken up with someone not even of the same species.

My sweet blue boy, he thought, touching the Andorian under the chin and lifting his face so that their eyes met. Gavin knew that his own thoughts and want was reflected in his own, and wanted Thelos to know it, too. "Maybe. Maybe not. We want to do right by our families, but...we're our own men, Thel. Out here...if we don't look out for each other, who will?" Leaning down, he kissed the Andorian full on the mouth, allowing their tongues to mingle a little. He broke the kiss with a look of pure mischief on his face as he pulled his uniform top off, followed by the teal undershirt. "Now...I think we should do what all new couples who have just moved in with each other do." It was a good thing he'd decided to clear the bed off.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:


Fighting off a sigh, Gavin watched the clouds of uncertainty as they moved across Thelos' beautiful blue face.  He was right, though...it was not going to be easy.  Especially for Thelos.  Gavin just had a disappointed father to worry about.  Thelos?  Well, he'd studied the Andorian people in his Academy courses, and he knew the reproductive crisis that occupied their thoughts, as well as scads of the Federaton's top minds.  He couldn't even begin to imagine the pressure that all Andorians must feel...let alone when they had taken up with someone not even of the same species.

My sweet blue boy, he thought, touching the Andorian under the chin and lifting his face so that their eyes met.  Gavin knew that his own thoughts and want was reflected in his own, and wanted Thelos to know it, too.  "Maybe.  Maybe not.  We want to do right by our families, but...we're our own men, Thel.  Out here...if we don't look out for each other, who will?"  Leaning down, he kissed the Andorian full on the mouth, allowing their tongues to mingle a little.  He broke the kiss with a look of pure mischief on his face as he pulled his uniform top off, followed by the teal undershirt.  "Now...I think we should do what all new couples who have just moved in with each other do."  It was a good thing he'd decided to clear the bed off.


The kiss was indulgent and powerful, but was Gavin's words that resonated within the Andorian. As a family-driven species, perhaps it wasn't so easy for Thelos to try and be himself as it was for Gavin... but he knew he had to try... and try he would. Nothing at this point would steer him away from his boy genius and this wonderful thing they'd made together.

Speaking of Gavin...

In the time it took him to re-center after that dizzying kiss, he found himself staring at his now half-naked boyfriend in front of him on the bed. Thelos had always found Gavin's lankier form to be very attractive. As for his suggestion, well... that wasn't exactly a tradition Thelos knew, but he wasn't complaining. "You humans have such interesting customs," he teased lightly, but one hand was already removing his own uniform, albiet a bit awkwardly. Before long, the doctor's hand was free, and he busied it by running up Gavin's neck from his shoulder, curling around and cupping the back of the science officer's neck to pull him in for another kiss- as passionate, if not more so, than the one Gavin had given him. His lightly wavering antenna displayed his interest in Gavin... but... Thelos figured his lover could figure that out on his own.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:45 pm

[Later...]

Gavin's breathing was starting to slow as the thin sheen of sweat evaporated off his skin. It made the room feel markedly cooler, which wasn't hard to do, considering the temperature at which Thelos kept things. They'd still yet to find the perfect happy medium in the enviro-controls, but...who cared about something like that at a time like this?

He idly ran his fingertips down the Andorian's chest, a cat-in-the-creamery smile playing on his lips as the felt the muscle tone there. Doctor or no, he knew his blue boy had served in the Andorian Guard, and his conditioning hadn't slipped since then. "I think," Gavin said, propping himself up on an elbow, "that you're going to like visiting Canada. We can go in the winter. It's not a frozen moon, but...it can feel that way, sometimes."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
[Later...]

Gavin's breathing was starting to slow as the thin sheen of sweat evaporated off his skin.  It made the room feel markedly cooler, which wasn't hard to do, considering the temperature at which Thelos kept things.  They'd still yet to find the perfect happy medium in the enviro-controls, but...who cared about something like that at a time like this?

He idly ran his fingertips down the Andorian's chest, a cat-in-the-creamery smile playing on his lips as the felt the muscle tone there.  Doctor or no, he knew his blue boy had served in the Andorian Guard, and his conditioning hadn't slipped since then.  "I think," Gavin said, propping himself up on an elbow, "that you're going to like visiting Canada.  We can go in the winter.  It's not a frozen moon, but...it can feel that way, sometimes."

Thelos was, perhaps, a little more out of breath than Gavin was. It wasn't for lack of stamina- Gavin's assessment of his strength was far from misplaced. Unfortunately, it was a little warm in the room for the Andorian and his cold-accustomed physiology. Despite this, the doctor lay still and silent, his eyes tracking Gavin's fingers as they roved lazily down blue skin. Though Gavin often seemed to admire his doctor's hands, Thelos found he appreciated Gavin's just as much. Thelos's breathing hadn't started to ease yet... and the blanket he'd haphazardly tossed across the lower half of his body wasn't helping with the heat, but... he was happy, blessedly happy.

The mention of Canada brought a light smirk to the Andorian's mouth. He'd read about the place, though he'd never been there. Even if there were going to be less fun things to face when he got there, Thelos had little doubt that the weather would make him very happy indeed. "You'll have to hold my to prevent me running off to play in the snow like a school-child," he laughed. "Or, possibly dragging you with me."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos was, perhaps, a little more out of breath than Gavin was. It wasn't for lack of stamina- Gavin's assessment of his strength was far from misplaced. Unfortunately, it was a little warm in the room for the Andorian and his cold-accustomed physiology. Despite this, the doctor lay still and silent, his eyes tracking Gavin's fingers as they roved lazily down blue skin. Though Gavin often seemed to admire his doctor's hands, Thelos found he appreciated Gavin's just as much. Thelos's breathing hadn't started to ease yet... and the blanket he'd haphazardly tossed across the lower half of his body wasn't helping with the heat, but... he was happy, blessedly happy.

The mention of Canada brought a light smirk to the Andorian's mouth. He'd read about the place, though he'd never been there. Even if there were going to be less fun things to face when he got there, Thelos had little doubt that the weather would make him very happy indeed. "You'll have to hold my to prevent me running off to play in the snow like a school-child," he laughed. "Or, possibly dragging you with me."

Laughing, Gavin flopped back down on the bed, draping his lanky arm over the Andorian, snuggling into his shoulder.  "Hold you off?  Love, playing in the snow is all a part of the plan."  Reaching over, Gavin took a hold of the Andorian's hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing the tips of Thelos' fingers.

"It'll be alright.  You'll see.  Dad'll blow off steam like the big windbag he is...but I know he'll come 'round.  You'll win him over with that charm and wickedly dry sense of humor you have," he grinned.  It was true.  People who didn't know Thelos tended to think that he was quiet and reserved.  He was those things, but there was also the quick wit.  It was something to be uncovered with trust and time.  Gavin felt honored to have made it to this layer, and wondered how many more his boyfriend had.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)   Today at 3:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
Baggage? (Gavin/Thelos)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: