Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 4: Behind the Mask

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Planetside]

Archangel thought for a moment about what Gabriel was saying, forcing herself to tuck her emotions away and look at this as a Starfleet captain and not a mother.  She couldn't afford to let her personal feelings cloud the water.  The Phoenix, she suspected, Sheridan, had beamed down a full equipment pack for them.  She now had to walk the line of Starfleet officer and diplomat.

"If Hope can lead us to the entrance to this underground city, we can take it from there.  Exploration only, a look-and-no-touch expedition.  We can take up and findings with the President later.  I'd like to keep Hope with us and see if we can find her family though."

[Planetside]

When Commander Arthur mentioned 'task force' Julia immediately found a newly developed lump in her throat. While being well trained Julia had never been in a live combat situation and she could envision this endeavor going south extremely fast. She then refocused her thoughts back to the Captain. "Ma'am, if I may, it could be tricky getting through a cloak using a temporal phase shift as a source. Unless Hope and her mother passed through a hole in the barrier. If there isn't a breach I can likely get us inside utilizing the tricorder but it may take me a few minutes." Julia added.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Alexander Wu wrote:

While the group hadn't grown in size since he had left, it seemed as though more decisions had been made. "Tellak, for her." Alex handed off the food and juice, nodding at the little girl. "Saf." Giving his companion the half-sweet coffee, Alex cracked his own open and took a long sip of the rich, slightly bitter, beverage. It's warmth was well appreciated, even in the sun. "Christmas came late this year." He indicated the pack by his side. "There are eyes all over this place, while the two senior officers of a visiting starship and their entourage attract more than most. Can we get out of sight before someone starts asking questions?"

[Planetside]

Gabriel nodded in Wu's direction. "Disappearing might not be a bad idea, at that. I have the sinking feeling that time sure as hell ain't on our side." Whatever game Gorova was playing with this charade, Gabriel was slightly relieved to have not seen any indication so far that the ship itself was in danger. Lying to Federation representatives was one thing, but lobbing weapons at the Phoenix would have been an act of war.

Julia Rellek wrote:
When Commander Arthur mentioned 'task force' Julia immediately found a newly developed lump in her throat. While being well trained Julia had never been in a live combat situation and she could envision this endeavor going south extremely fast. She then refocused her thoughts back to the Captain. "Ma'am, if I may, it could be tricky getting through a cloak using a temporal phase shift as a source. Unless Hope and her mother passed through a hole in the barrier. If there isn't a breach I can likely get us inside utilizing the tricorder but it may take me a few minutes." Julia added.

It stood to reason that, if Hope made it to the surface once, she could probably do it again. He said as much, in response to Rellek's concerns. One thing she said, though, about getting them through via tricorder caused a raised eyebrow. "How's that, Julia?" He could take a tricorder apart and reassemble it blindfolded, but he also was no Science officer.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 pm


ENS. Nita Walking Proud

[Bridge - Science]

Derek Black wrote:

"That's basically everything above bedrock." Derek replied, the term ringing an old, rusty bell from his mountain ops course. "Which would make sense, since these caverns which are all inside the bedrock. If we map out the regions which our scans can't detect as opposed to those that we can, it should be enough to form a two dimensional representation of what we're dealing with."

"Indeed," Nita said, flashing an appreciative smile in Black's direction.  

She went immediately back to work, plugging in the datapackets and transferring numbers over into something that would be useful.  "Logically, we have to assume that, one, something in the bedrock layer itself is causing interference with our scans.  Or, two, something has been specifically constructed under or within bedrock-level.  Or some combination of the two.  Cartographic conversion beginning," she said, watching as the raw data fuzzed into a splotch-like pattern.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:




It stood to reason that, if Hope made it to the surface once, she could probably do it again.  He said as much, in response to Rellek's concerns.  One thing she said, though, about getting them through via tricorder caused a raised eyebrow.  "How's that, Julia?"  He could take a tricorder apart and reassemble it blindfolded, but he also was no Science officer.

[Planetside]

Julia looked to Gabel. She knew he must of been an Engineer. In her short career Julia had quickly learned that there is a difference in the way Scientists and engineers viewed technology. Engineers always asked the question Why? while scientists were asking Why Not? "From what I've heard thus far; it sounds like the cloak hides the caverns by creating a minute shift in the temporal field. In essence, the caverns are existing in the same place, shifted ever so slightly into a different time. It is quite possibly mere milliseconds. The trick lies in convincing the field that we belong inside those caverns. If we link the tricorder to the computer aboard the Phoenix I should be able to access the Phoenix's sensor logs and locate the precise temporal shift. Then it is just a matter of programming the tricorder to send out the corresponding temporal signature." Julia explained. The there was a brief pause and Julia added. "In theory at least. I'm not sure that anyone has ever tried this. Our understanding of temporal mechanics is still in it's infancy."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:47 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia looked to Gabriel. She knew he must of been an Engineer. In her short career Julia had quickly learned that there is a difference in the way Scientists and engineers viewed technology. Engineers always asked the question Why? while scientists were asking Why Not? "From what I've heard thus far; it sounds like the cloak hides the caverns by creating a minute shift in the temporal field. In essence, the caverns are existing in the same place, shifted ever so slightly into a different time. It is quite possibly mere milliseconds. The trick lies in convincing the field that we belong inside those caverns. If we link the tricorder to the computer aboard the Phoenix I should be able to access the Phoenix's sensor logs and locate the precise temporal shift. Then it is just a matter of programming the tricorder to send out the corresponding temporal signature." Julia explained. The there was a brief pause and Julia added. "In theory at least. I'm not sure that anyone has ever tried this. Our understanding of temporal mechanics is still in it's infancy."

[Planetside]

"Well," Gabriel said, shrugging one shoulder and glancing over at his wife. "Sounds as good a plan as any, really, considering that we're basically making this up as we go." He couldn't help but feel a cold iceball forming in the pit of his stomach. Something about this all didn't add up. Why in the hell would this Garova or Gorova or whoever go through the trouble of fooling the Federation? Did he think he could keep it up forever?

Running a hand through his short, blonde hair, Gabriel sighed. "Way I see it's this. Whatever we're gonna do, it's gonna have to be quick-like. I can't imagine we have the element of surprise on our side, so we're going to have to find out what we can, before these jokers spirit any more of these Underground people away."

He looked at the assembled team, and then to the little girl. "As far as membership...well, that's not likely on the table. I suggest our priority be helping these people, however we can do that. If they're in need of aid, we've at least got the backup floating in orbit to provide it."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero watched with some amusement as Chira interacted with their waiter, trying to analyse the situation for any hints or tips that she could glean from it.  The counsellor's words as the waiter moved off, however, suggested that it was not a successful interaction, something that puzzled the Augment a little.

The appreciative look that she mentioned was one that Zero was familiar with.  It ranked up there along with the expression she often saw on other people's faces that pretty much said 'What happened to you?'.  She shrugged one shoulder, sipping her drink again.  "It would not have mattered if her had remained.  I have a prior engagement."  

She was ignoring the other members of their crew, unwilling to really interact with them.  She knew that that was the whole point of her being here with Chira, but she didn't really know where to start.

[Planetside - Cabana]

"Yes...prior engagement," Chira smiled. "We both do, at that. More's the pity for Mr. Barkeep, hm?" She knew that Zero probably thought she was babbling, but Zero probably thought everyone babbled, and it was such a lovely day...Chira couldn't help but feel a bit buoyant. The only thing that would have made it better would have been her husband's presence, but he was tired up in departmental head duties.

Turning to watch a drunk-looking Chief Wu duck out of sight and carrying take-out, she grinned and shook her head. Someone else was making a slow walk toward where she and Zero sat. Ah. Good, she thought. Now came the real purpose of this spot seemingly chosen at random.

Jamie Reyes was a crewman that hadn't been with the Phoenix long at all. It was his first trip into deep space, and he wasn't handling it well. A few of Reyes' friends had finally put him up to talking to someone about it. Jamie had agreed to meet with Chira and her Counselor-in-Training, Zero Alpha. Of course, she'd not said a word to Zero about being an anything-in-training. Zero needed to see some more interaction beyond her life at home and at work, though.

"Hi, Jamie. Go on a pull up a seat...we don't bite."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Planetside - Cabana]

"Yes...prior engagement," Chira smiled.  "We both do, at that.  More's the pity for Mr. Barkeep, hm?"  She knew that Zero probably thought she was babbling, but Zero probably thought everyone babbled, and it was such a lovely day...Chira couldn't help but feel a bit buoyant.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been her husband's presence, but he was tired up in departmental head duties.

Turning to watch a drunk-looking Chief Wu duck out of sight and carrying take-out, she grinned and shook her head.  Someone else was making a slow walk toward where she and Zero sat.  Ah.  Good, she thought.  Now came the real purpose of this spot seemingly chosen at random.

Jamie Reyes was a crewman that hadn't been with the Phoenix long at all.  It was his first trip into deep space, and he wasn't handling it well.  A few of Reyes' friends had finally put him up to talking to someone about it.  Jamie had agreed to meet with Chira and her Counselor-in-Training, Zero Alpha.  Of course, she'd not said a word to Zero about being an anything-in-training.  Zero needed to see some more interaction beyond her life at home and at work, though.

"Hi, Jamie.  Go on a pull up a seat...we don't bite."

[Planetside - Bar]

Zero took another sip of her drink, her eyes constantly watching what was happening around her. Ever since her last return, she was always on the look out for any possible signs of their cronies coming to find her. True, it was illogical to believe that they would come all the way out here to get her, but they had proved themselves to be pretty illogical in their actions.

She watched as a young officer approached them, her expression becoming the one she generally wore: neutral, with a faint hint of hostility. She was familiar with him, having done his medical when he came on board the Phoenix, but she had never made any steps to get to know him. Her eyes flicked to Chira, opening a new file in her mental databanks to take notes on her behaviour with her patient.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside]

"Well," Gabriel said, shrugging one shoulder and glancing over at his wife.  "Sounds as good a plan as any, really, considering that we're basically making this up as we go."  He couldn't help but feel a cold iceball forming in the pit of his stomach.  Something about this all didn't add up.  Why in the hell would this Garova or Gorova or whoever go through the trouble of fooling the Federation?  Did he think he could keep it up forever?

Running a hand through his short, blonde hair, Gabriel sighed.  "Way I see it's this.  Whatever we're gonna do, it's gonna have to be quick-like.  I can't imagine we have the element of surprise on our side, so we're going to have to find out what we can, before these jokers spirit any more of these Underground people away."  

He looked at the assembled team, and then to the little girl.  "As far as membership...well, that's not likely on the table.  I suggest our priority be helping these people, however we can do that.  If they're in need of aid, we've at least got the backup floating in orbit to provide it."

[Planetside]

Once again, Archangel found herself pinching the bridge of her nose to ward off a headache.  This was not her area of expertise.  Not even close.  Unfortunately, as the captain, it was up to her to make the final decision.  She was lucky, however, that she had good officers to rely on to help her make those decisions.

"Membership will ultimately be decided by the Federation Council, but my report certainly won't be a favourable one unless this all turns out to be some very large mistake, something that we can always hope for.  However, I think that we need to go underground and find out for ourselves what's going on.  Once we've established the facts, then we can decide on a further course of action."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Once again, Archangel found herself pinching the bridge of her nose to ward off a headache.  This was not her area of expertise.  Not even close.  Unfortunately, as the captain, it was up to her to make the final decision.  She was lucky, however, that she had good officers to rely on to help her make those decisions.

"Membership will ultimately be decided by the Federation Council, but my report certainly won't be a favourable one unless this all turns out to be some very large mistake, something that we can always hope for.  However, I think that we need to go underground and find out for ourselves what's going on.  Once we've established the facts, then we can decide on a further course of action."

[Planetside]

"Alright," Gabriel said, following Archangel's lead. Sometimes, the extra bond they shared beyond Captain and First Officer was a boon, in which it allowed him to almost guess, or at least anticipate, her next move. Not always, though. The only thing for sure about Archangel T'Koris was that nothing was for sure. He turned back to the gathered officers. "You know what we need to do, then. Looks like shore leave is going to be on hold."

Gabriel almost told Rellek that she didn't have to do this if she didn't want to, but he realized at the last second that it was just him being overprotective of a new officer. This was her first outing with the ship, yes...but she was Starfleet, and officer-trained. She could handle it. So he kept the comment to himself.

"Hope...honey, can you take us?"

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:56 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:


[Planetside]

"Alright," Gabriel said, following Archangel's lead.  Sometimes, the extra bond they shared beyond Captain and First Officer was a boon, in which it allowed him to almost guess, or at least anticipate, her next move.  Not always, though.  The only thing for sure about Archangel T'Koris was that nothing was for sure.  He turned back to the gathered officers.  "You know what we need to do, then.  Looks like shore leave is going to be on hold."

Gabriel almost told Rellek that she didn't have to do this if she didn't want to, but he realized at the last second that it was just him being overprotective of a new officer.  This was her first outing with the ship, yes...but she was Starfleet, and officer-trained.  She could handle it.  So he kept the comment to himself.

"Hope...honey, can you take us?"

Julia held Hope's hand tight. Julia knew that she was still scared and she wasn't sure if all of these new people were making Hope feel better or if it was just worrying her more. Julia hoped that her Captain and First Officer; who had far more experience with children then she did; could help ease her fears. "I hope everyone is up for a little excitement today." Julia said as she let out a fake laugh. She was hoping a joke and laugh would cover her hesitation.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 am

[Planetside]

Hope looked up at the adults, listening to the conversation happening far above her head.  All she could really tell was that they were about to head back to the Underside, something that reassured her.  She wanted to go home.

Tugging on Julia's hand, she looked up at her.  "Come on, the entrance is in a basement a couple of streets away!"

Assuming that the rest of the team was following her, Hope moved off, pulling Julia with her, still glancing furtively around, afraid of being seen by someone who would be able to tell what she was doing.

She lead them to a storm drain down an alleyway between two buildings. Archangel stepped in to help the little girl pull the cover off it. Hope quite happily skipped down the newly uncovered stairs into a basement.

Although the basement was quite gloomy, there was a blue glow from one side, where part of the wall had collapsed, revealing a downward tunnel partially blocked off with a forcefield.

"This is one of the passages to the Underside," she announced, pointing to the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:59 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero took another sip of her drink, her eyes constantly watching what was happening around her.  Ever since her last return, she was always on the look out for any possible signs of their cronies coming to find her.  True, it was illogical to believe that they would come all the way out here to get her, but they had proved themselves to be pretty illogical in their actions.

She watched as a young officer approached them, her expression becoming the one she generally wore:  neutral, with a faint hint of hostility.  She was familiar with him, having done his medical when he came on board the Phoenix, but she had never made any steps to get to know him.  Her eyes flicked to Chira, opening a new file in her mental databanks to take notes on her behaviour with her patient.

[Planetside - Cabana]

Reyes offered a nervous-sounding laugh at Chira's insistence that they didn't bite. "Thanks for meeting with me, Counselor. Ensign," he said, nodding at both in turn, giving one last, unsure look at Zero. Chira could understand that - the expression she wore by default was certainly not something that could be called 'warm' or 'welcoming'...by any culture's standards. Well, Chira thought, maybe the Tellarites...

"Not a problem, Jamie," Chira said, taking a drink of her juice. "What's on your mind?" The young ensign ordered himself a plain water, waiting for it to arrive before he spoke. "I just...I'm having trouble sleeping. It's hard at night, y'know? Even though we don't really have a night on the ship. I didn't think it'd be that hard..."

Chira looked over at Zero. "Any opinions, Doctor Alpha?"

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Planetside - Cabana]

Reyes offered a nervous-sounding laugh at Chira's insistence that they didn't bite.  "Thanks for meeting with me, Counselor.  Ensign," he said, nodding at both in turn, giving one last, unsure look at Zero.  Chira could understand that - the expression she wore by default was certainly not something that could be called 'warm' or 'welcoming'...by any culture's standards.  Well, Chira thought, maybe the Tellarites...

"Not a problem, Jamie," Chira said, taking a drink of her juice.  "What's on your mind?"  The young ensign ordered himself a plain water, waiting for it to arrive before he spoke.  "I just...I'm having trouble sleeping.  It's hard at night, y'know?  Even though we don't really have a night on the ship.  I didn't think it'd be that hard..."

Chira looked over at Zero.  "Any opinions, Doctor Alpha?"

[Planetside - Bar]

A flicker of surprise crossed Zero's face as Chira asked for her opinion. She hadn't been ready for that, hadn't been expecting it. Thankfully, her advanced intellect helped her to catch up without looking like a fish stranded on land for too long.

She cleared her throat, hoping that her slip up had gone unnoticed. "I would suggest the use of an alpha-wave inducer for a few nights in order to acclimatise the body to the new schedule of the ship."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[USS Phoenix - Jefferies Tubes]

Seika sat back on her heels as Spot took a look in the conduit at the section of cabling that she had pointed out.  She tapped a finger on her knee as she tried to think of anything that could have caused the optical cabling to turn black when it shouldn't have.

Moving under the Trill so that she could stick her head back into the conduit without having to wait for him to move back, she looked at the black section before pointing something out.

"Look, there's a hot bit right here!" she said.  "Maybe the cables just melted a bit!"

[USS Phoenix - Jefferies Tubes]

The Trill was a little startled when Seika suddenly stuck her head in besides his own, but was luckily not startled enough to hit his head once more. Live and learn, so they say. He looked where the child was now pointing and scanned it with his tricorder a moment, squinting at the readout in the low lighting.

His eyes widened as he immediately pulled the young half-Romulan back and stared at the melted cables. The temperatures needed to melt these cables was only achievable at maximum warp for six hours straight, and if that had been present he didn't need Seika to get hurt. "That certainly does look like it melted, deputy Engineer, but it shouldn't have. We haven't worked the ship nearly hard enough, this is serious."

Leaning back in the maintenance tunnel, Tufezr slapped his comm badge. =/\=Ensign Nefen to Main Engineering, what's the current output to our," he looked in at the cables, "starboard nacelles?=/\=

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:51 pm

NPC wrote:
[Planetside]

Hope looked up at the adults, listening to the conversation happening far above her head.  All she could really tell was that they were about to head back to the Underside, something that reassured her.  She wanted to go home.

Tugging on Julia's hand, she looked up at her.  "Come on, the entrance is in a basement a couple of streets away!"

Assuming that the rest of the team was following her, Hope moved off, pulling Julia with her, still glancing furtively around, afraid of being seen by someone who would be able to tell what she was doing.

She lead them to a storm drain down an alleyway between two buildings.  Archangel stepped in to help the little girl pull the cover off it.  Hope quite happily skipped down the newly uncovered stairs into a basement.

Although the basement was quite gloomy, there was a blue glow from one side, where part of the wall had collapsed, revealing a downward tunnel partially blocked off with a forcefield.

"This is one of the passages to the Underside," she announced, pointing to the tunnel.

Julia turned to Hope. "Awesome job!" Julia then proceeded to pull her tricorder from it's holster and took scans of the area. As she scanned the area she found herself pondering the implications of their actions, the gravitas of what they were about to do hit her like a slept to the face. The that lump returned to her throat. "Captain, there is a small beach in the field; approximately one meter tall and half a meter wide. Now for the bad news; all of my scans are inconclusive. I know there is a network of caverns but that's all I can tell you. Bio readings, power signatures, weapons signatures, atmosphere readings." Julia paused tapping a few buttons on her tricorder. "It's all inconclusive. We're fling blind ma'am."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia turned to Hope. "Awesome job!" Julia then proceeded to pull her tricorder from it's holster and took scans of the area. As she scanned the area she found herself pondering the implications of their actions, the gravitas of what they were about to do hit her like a slept to the face. The that lump returned to her throat. "Captain, there is a small beach in the field; approximately one meter tall and half a meter wide. Now for the bad news; all of my scans are inconclusive. I know there is a network of caverns but that's all I can tell you. Bio readings, power signatures, weapons signatures, atmosphere readings." Julia paused tapping a few buttons on her tricorder. "It's all inconclusive. We're fling blind ma'am."

[Planetside]

Archangel let herself take a moment to think through what Julia had said and think about any particular consequences. They couldn't be sure what they were getting themselves into. Then again, how often could they say that about any mission. The fact that there was a forcefield here just proved that there was something there that they weren't supposed to know about.

She crouched down, looking through the breach in the field at the tunnel beyond. "There's a good length of tunnel we can use to try and get more scans without getting too far in. It might just be the field that's interfering."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 pm


President Anim Gorova

[Planetside - Office of the President]

Anim Gorova rubbed his temples, wondering why he even bothered. It never seemed to help with the stress. Nothing much did, anymore...even the drink. Though, the drink put up a valiant effort.

"You're sure of this." It wasn't much of a question, since the report was plain enough to read. Gorova's assistant nodded anyway. "Yes, sir. Viewcams spotted the group moving off with one of the Underlings. It is a logical conclusion that she's told them who she is, and where she's from."

Gorova took a viewing device, watching the surveillance footage for the tenth time. He paused the device, and hurled it against the wall. "And the Dawn Patrol missed her how? Never mind -- " he said, holding up a hand to forestall yet another explanation. "I don't want to hear it. Just...just get out of my office. Get out!" he snarled.

As the door slid shut, Gorova put his head in his hands. He had to think...about something. Anything to do, to salvage this. All the time and effort put into getting what he wanted, to have it in his grasp...only to have it ruined by those damned Starfleet officers and their damned sense of curiosity and damn them!

What could be done? All the targets moving toward the Undercity were too high-profile. Not easy to make people like that disappear. Shooting their ship out of the stars would bring an investigation, which meant more poking around.

He had to think.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Bridge

Andrew Sheridan listened as his people worked tirelessly on making sure things were coming together. Time was not on their side, and he suspected that just any moment things would either drastically improve...or slide further down into more trouble.

"Ensign Walking Proud, the very moment you have the tunnels figured out for some kind of working map; have it sent to the Captain's PaDD. If it can help them at all; that would be awesome. Chief Black, have two runabouts on standby for recovery into and out of hot zones. Transporters may be working now, but lets make sure we are prepared. Have two Security personnel assigned to aid just in case. Mr. Keldar, I want a more focused scan of the area around the planet. We don't need any surprises. If they become angry and irrational at our discovery; then I want us to be ready to deal with any threat to this ship." Andrew paused for effect before continuing, "Understood, Companions?"

With the orders given; Andrew sat back with palms together, and his forefingers resting slightly against his chin...his eyes narrowed a tad.

=/\= Computer, send an assessment of military power and capabilities of current government of our assignment, =/\=Andrew inquired, =/\= and have the information sent to my PaDD, please. =/\=

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia turned to Hope. "Awesome job!" Julia then proceeded to pull her tricorder from it's holster and took scans of the area. As she scanned the area she found herself pondering the implications of their actions, the gravitas of what they were about to do hit her like a slept to the face. The that lump returned to her throat. "Captain, there is a small beach in the field; approximately one meter tall and half a meter wide. Now for the bad news; all of my scans are inconclusive. I know there is a network of caverns but that's all I can tell you. Bio readings, power signatures, weapons signatures, atmosphere readings." Julia paused tapping a few buttons on her tricorder. "It's all inconclusive. We're fling blind ma'am."

[Planetside]

"Blind, but not helpless," Gabriel said, giving Rellek a reassuring smile as he clipped a phaser on his belt. "It looks like a child-sized hole, but we can probably get through it if we're careful."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel let herself take a moment to think through what Julia had said and think about any particular consequences. They couldn't be sure what they were getting themselves into. Then again, how often could they say that about any mission. The fact that there was a forcefield here just proved that there was something there that they weren't supposed to know about.

She crouched down, looking through the breach in the field at the tunnel beyond. "There's a good length of tunnel we can use to try and get more scans without getting too far in. It might just be the field that's interfering."

Gabriel reached down to his padd as it suddenly started blinking. "Hold up, Captain," he said. "Incoming message on the encryption line." The images began to load up on the screen, and he noted that Archangel's was blinking, too. "I'll be damned," Gabe grinned at the sight of the map. "Now we're not totally blind. Shore leave and beers for the bridge crew."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

=/\= Computer, send an assessment of military power and capabilities of current government of our assignment, =/\=Andrew inquired, =/\= and have the information sent to my PaDD, please. =/\=

[USS Phoenix]

The computer bleeped its acknowledgement of the command and began to compile the data before uploading it to Lieutenant Sheridan's PADD.

Planetary defense capabilities are on par with ship defensive capabilities. Fighter craft capable of being scrambled in 60 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:28 pm

[Planetside]

Julia smiled as she noticed the Commander's PaDD light up. She moved toward the opening with her tricorder in hand and took a crouched position. Julia poked her head through the opening trying to get a slight glimpse of what laid ahead of them. As she pulled her head back out she looked to Gabel and said. "Rocks." And them a slight pause. "Lots of rocks." Julia laughed. She somehow expected it to be slightly grander, more aw inspiring. She turned to Hope. "Hope, honey, take Gabe's hand. I'll go first sir." Julia passed through the opening and stood up in the cavern on the opposite side.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 am


President Anim Gorova

[Office of the President]

"Sir," one of Gorova's assistants said, "they've breached the perimeter. There's nothing standing between them and the Undercity."

Gorova nodded, holding up a hand. "One crisis at a time, please." He stood, moving from around his desk to the small work-station, where one of his cyber-techs sat, working furiously. "Ready?" he asked. The tech nodded. "Should be ready, Mr. President. Shall I hail them?"

Moving back over toward his desk, Gorova stood behind a large image of the Colonial Seal, giving the tech a curt nod, after which the tech silently counted down from three to one.

"Federation starship Phoenix, this is President Anim Gorova calling. Do you copy?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside]

"Blind, but not helpless," Gabriel said, giving Rellek a reassuring smile as he clipped a phaser on his belt.  "It looks like a child-sized hole, but we can probably get through it if we're careful."

Gabriel reached down to his padd as it suddenly started blinking.  "Hold up, Captain," he said.  "Incoming message on the encryption line."  The images began to load up on the screen, and he noted that Archangel's was blinking, too.  "I'll be damned," Gabe grinned at the sight of the map.  "Now we're not totally blind.  Shore leave and beers for the bridge crew."

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia smiled as she noticed the Commander's PaDD light up. She moved toward the opening with her tricorder in hand and took a crouched position. Julia poked her head through the opening trying to get a slight glimpse of what laid ahead of them. As she pulled her head back out she looked to Gabel and said. "Rocks." And them a slight pause. "Lots of rocks." Julia laughed. She somehow expected it to be slightly grander, more aw inspiring. She turned to Hope. "Hope, honey, take Gabe's hand. I'll go first sir." Julia passed through the opening and stood up in the cavern on the opposite side.

[Planetside - Underside]

Archangel had been about to deny Julia's offer to go first, but she was too late, the science officer slipping through the breach in the forcefield. Gritting her teeth, the Romulan followed, careful not to touch the edges of the field as she wriggled through.

"Ensign, for future reference, generally a security officer goes first," she admonished, kneeling down to help Hope through the gap. One everyone was through, she pulled out her PADD and tricorder, comparing the information between the two to make sure that the map was at least vaguely accurate before stowing the tricorder away again.

"Ok, let's move out. Stay on your toes, we don't know what's waiting for us."

The further the group went along the tunnel, the stronger the smell of pollution, rot and despair became until the passage flared out to show an entire dilapidated city, half falling down in disrepair. People in the same emaciated, dirty state as Hope darted furtively around, ignoring the newcomers as they went about their business.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:36 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:




[Planetside - Underside]

Archangel had been about to deny Julia's offer to go first, but she was too late, the science officer slipping through the breach in the forcefield.  Gritting her teeth, the Romulan followed, careful not to touch the edges of the field as she wriggled through.

"Ensign, for future reference, generally a security officer goes first," she admonished, kneeling down to help Hope through the gap.  One everyone was through, she pulled out her PADD and tricorder, comparing the information between the two to make sure that the map was at least vaguely accurate before stowing the tricorder away again.

"Ok, let's move out.  Stay on your toes, we don't know what's waiting for us."

The further the group went along the tunnel, the stronger the smell of pollution, rot and despair became until the passage flared out to show an entire dilapidated city, half falling down in disrepair.  People in the same emaciated, dirty state as Hope darted furtively around, ignoring the newcomers as they went about their business.

Julia looked tp her Captain. "Aye Sir." She said with a duller feel to her voice. "Curiosity got the best of me Sir." Julia continued to scan the area but the readings were still inconclusive. Then a faint bleep hit her tricorder. "Captain, I'm detecting a power spruce. It's faint but its definitely there."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Bridge

Andrew Sheridan read the combat possibilities of the planet below, and his frown deepened. If the situation spiraled out of control completely; the ship could face direct attack...even to the point of possibly destroying her. That, however, was not something Andrew intended to let happen....not on his watch.

=/\= Condition Yellow, all hands to battle stations. Yellow alert, all hands to battle stations, =/\= he ordered over the comm system, and immediately the computer began sending out the klaxon alarm for the appropriate new alert status. "Tactical, shields up and weapons on full standby. Mr. Black, it appears our friends below have fighters to add to their aid. I want all shuttles capable of combating such to be ready for countering and defending."

There wasn't much else he could do until the Captain returned. Except...perhaps...one thing.... Montgomery Scott had one time saved the original ENTERPRISE crew by disrupting all communication and energy source for a brief moment. The idea tantalized Andrew's mind, but he suspected he didn't have nearly enough time. Besides, doing so might be considered an act of aggression. Technically, they were in the moments between diplomacy and investigating. To strike even in the fashion he thought of would be a horrible mistake. So, Andrew waited...he did not have to wait long.

When the communication came in from the President of the planet below; the young Second Officer took a deep breath before nodding to tie him in.

=/\= This is Second Officer Andrew Sheridan of the USS PHOENIX. What can I do for you, Mr. President? =/\= Andrew stated as he stood to face the man on the viewer...his tone respectful, and his hands clasped behind his back. Someone had, thankfully, turned the klaxon alarm off before he opened the channel. It would do no good to have the President see them at combat readiness.

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Today at 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 4: Behind the Mask
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: