Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 4: Behind the Mask

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The Augment was beamed down directly to Chira's location.  Once she was fully materialised, she inclined her head to the Counsellor.  This was going to be the first time that she would shadow her.  If nothing else, it would be an interesting experiment to Zero.

"Greetings, Counsellor."

[Planetside]

"Er...I don't quite think you're set up to take Federation Credits quiet yet," Chira told a street vendor trying to sell her something that looked like a jumja stick but smelled like crushed hydrangeas. Politely excusing herself, she turned to hear the sound of a transport in progress. The beam flittered and flickered, bringing one Zero Alpha planetside. "Hey, Zero," Chira smiled, walking up to her. "Did you remember your sunscreen injection?"

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Planetside]

"Er...I don't quite think you're set up to take Federation Credits quiet yet," Chira told a street vendor trying to sell her something that looked like a jumja stick but smelled like crushed hydrangeas.  Politely excusing herself, she turned to hear the sound of a transport in progress.  The beam flittered and flickered, bringing one Zero Alpha planetside.  "Hey, Zero," Chira smiled, walking up to her.  "Did you remember your sunscreen injection?"

[Planetside]

Ghost wuffed happily as he recognised Chira, jumping to the end of his lead to greet her as Zero approached the counsellor. The Augment herself inclined her head to Chira in acknowledgement of her question.

"I have both administered both the injection as well as a lotion. My previous experience with prolonged periods of sun exposure were not comfortable. I do not wish to repeat it." She then looked down at her feet, making a mental note at some point to ask Chira's advice about her engagement to Jiseth. She wasn't all that sure about how it worked and, since the counsellor had been through the engagement process with her husband, she hoped that she would be able to shed some light on it.

However, now was not the time. Now, they had other things they were supposed to be doing. "I understand that my assignment is to follow you in the performance of your duty."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

[Deck Seven Jeffries Tubes]

Deja vu, as many Terran humans tended to term the circumstances, as Tufezr's alarm at being called towards so suddenly caused his head to fly up and hit the ceiling of the already narrow tube. Groaning in both pain and a bit of irritation, Tufezr reached up to rub the top of his exposed head, wondering if there would be any blood. HE didn't detect an open wound of any size, though a small lump indicated a potential bruise, and he glanced forward of the junction to see just who had called out to him.

His demeanor changed quickly when he saw the dark hair young girl, smiling as he recognized the Captain's five-year-old daughter.

"Hello Seika, what brings you to the Jeffires tubes? Getting a head start on outranking your mother?" He joked with the child gladly, happy to have some kind of diversion from what he usually had to deal with in the Jeffires tubes. A friendly and familiar face went a long way, and any truly innocent child's smile can dash away the cold hearted and the gloomy feelings of anyone or anything. At least, in Ensign Nefen's personal opinion.

He crawled forward into the junction carefully, then leaned against the maintenance tunnel wall and smiled at Seika again as they talked.

[USS Phoenix - Jefferies Tubes]

The little girl grinned happily at Tufezr, although she winced as she heard the tell-tale clang of a head hitting the top of the maintenance tube. That was yet to become a problem for Seika, but she often heard Engineers cursing the crawlways for just that reason.

Seeing the Trill apparently settling down to talk to her, she pulled her legs into a crossed position, and held up the outdated tricorder to show him. "I'm checking the conduits!" she chirped. "I got bored of staying with the holositter, but both mummy and daddy are busy."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:38 pm

NPC wrote:


[Planetside]

Hugging the bear even tighter, the little girl appeared to want to disappear behind it.  The strange officer was standing pretty close to her now, and she still didn't know whether she wanted to stay or run.

"My name's Hope," she replied shyly.  "Do you know where my mommy is?"

[Planetside]

Julia had made her way to Hope. She now sat; bent down on one knee; about a foot from the child. "Hi Hope." Julia said with a smile. "I'm Julia. It is very nice to meet you. You don't need to be frightened honey. I'm one of the good guys." Julia flashed a smile and a wink to hope. Julia was hoping to alleviate the child's fears so she could obtain more information. "I don't know where your mom is. When did you last see her?" Julia asked. Julia was genuinely concerned for Hope's well being. Hope looked so frail and scared. Wonder if mom is nearby. Julia thought to herself.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 am

Zero Alpha wrote:


Ghost wuffed happily as he recognised Chira, jumping to the end of his lead to greet her as Zero approached the counsellor.  The Augment herself inclined her head to Chira in acknowledgement of her question.

"I have both administered both the injection as well as a lotion.  My previous experience with prolonged periods of sun exposure were not comfortable.  I do not wish to repeat it."  She then looked down at her feet, making a mental note at some point to ask Chira's advice about her engagement to Jiseth.  She wasn't all that sure about how it worked and, since the counsellor had been through the engagement process with her husband, she hoped that she would be able to shed some light on it.

However, now was not the time.  Now, they had other things they were supposed to be doing.  "I understand that my assignment is to follow you in the performance of your duty."

[Planetside]

"Oops," Chira smiled, kneeling down to pet the dog. "Sorry, Ghost. Didn't mean to leave you out, boy. Hm? No. I'll bring you a treat next time." She gave him a little scratch on the top of his white, shaggy head, thinking back to something her brother had said once. Something about betting that nobody could figure which hairs in the couch were Ghost's, and which were Zero's. Chira had, of course, promptly whapped Gabriel on the arm for the line. Straightening, Chira stretched, pressing against her lower back. "Good to hear, then. Your complexion is especially vulnerable to sunlight...and God knows we don't see enough real sun in our line of work."

The pair moved along a boardwalk-type of sidwalk, the gently-roaring ocean in the distance. Pale greenish waters reminded Chira a little bit of Centaurus Prime, especially the Western Tyrus region that had been one of her homes as a child. She'd never really taken completely to Earth as much as her brother had. In her heart, she considered herself Centauran. Not that they weren't all humans, after all.

"You'll be shadowing me, yes, but you needn't consider it a formal assignment. I realize that this isn't your first option of things to be doing, and you wouldn't be here if not for a direct order, I assume. But just try to relax." She spied a little cabana-like structure in the distance, with several officers milling about, ordering food and drink. Bingo. "Let's head over that way."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Planetside]

Julia had made her way to Hope. She now sat; bent down on one knee; about a foot from the child. "Hi Hope." Julia said with a smile. "I'm Julia. It is very nice to meet you. You don't need to be frightened honey. I'm one of the good guys." Julia flashed a smile and a wink to hope. Julia was hoping to alleviate the child's fears so she could obtain more information.  "I don't know where your mom is. When did you last see her?" Julia asked. Julia was genuinely concerned for Hope's well being. Hope looked so frail and scared. Wonder if mom is nearby. Julia thought to herself.

[Planetside]

"I lost her when we came to the city," Hope said, sounding almost on the brink of tears now.  "We were looking for food when we saw one of the people in bad uniforms.  She told me to run and hide but I lost sight of her."  She sniffled again, her lower lip trembling.  "All of the underside were told that we weren't allowed into the city ever, but if we get caught now, they're going to make us go away for ever." The tears spilled over now and the child sniffled into her teddy, popping a grubby thumb into her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[USS Phoenix - Jefferies Tubes]

The little girl grinned happily at Tufezr, although she winced as she heard the tell-tale clang of a head hitting the top of the maintenance tube.  That was yet to become a problem for Seika, but she often heard Engineers cursing the crawl ways for just that reason.  

Seeing the Trill apparently settling down to talk to her, she pulled her legs into a crossed position, and held up the outdated tricorder to show him.  "I'm checking the conduits!"  she chirped.  "I got bored of staying with the holositter, but both mummy and daddy are busy."

[USS Phoenix Jeffries Tubes - Deck 7]

Tufezr smiled as Seika showed him the tricorder, knowing it was outdated and probably not working, but more than willing to humor the child for the time being. After all, she was only five years old, and needed all the encouragement she could get, and with a broken tricorder it wasn't like she could find and alter something irreparably. At least, in theory she couldn't. Well, then perhaps Fate was deciding that he should be here to ensure that she couldn't hurt herself, which was more than possible.

The Trill examined the tricorder with both amusement and genuine curiosity, as he hadn't seen one this old in quite some time. "That's a good looking piece of equipment there, should be more than enough to help our next Chief Engineer check her conduits." He grinned and tapped her nose with a light chuckle. "So, the holositter was boring, eh? Well, I could certainly use some help down here if you think you're up for it."


_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Planetside]

"Oops," Chira smiled, kneeling down to pet the dog.  "Sorry, Ghost.  Didn't mean to leave you out, boy.  Hm?  No.  I'll bring you a treat next time."  She gave him a little scratch on the top of his white, shaggy head, thinking back to something her brother had said once.  Something about betting that nobody could figure which hairs in the couch were Ghost's, and which were Zero's.  Chira had, of course, promptly whapped Gabriel on the arm for the line.  Straightening, Chira stretched, pressing against her lower back.  "Good to hear, then.  Your complexion is especially vulnerable to sunlight...and God knows we don't see enough real sun in our line of work."  

The pair moved along a boardwalk-type of sidwalk, the gently-roaring ocean in the distance.  Pale greenish waters reminded Chira a little bit of Centaurus Prime, especially the Western Tyrus region that had been one of her homes as a child.  She'd never really taken completely to Earth as much as her brother had.  In her heart, she considered herself  Centauran.  Not that they weren't all humans, after all.

"You'll be shadowing me, yes, but you needn't consider it a formal assignment.  I realize that this isn't your first option of things to be doing, and you wouldn't be here if not for a direct order, I assume.  But just try to relax."  She spied a little cabana-like structure in the distance, with several officers milling about, ordering food and drink.  Bingo.  "Let's head over that way."

[Planetside]

The walk along the boardwalk was slightly halting as Ghost stopped every now and then to sniff at a lamp post, but Chira didn't seem to be in any hurry either, so Zero didn't press him, letting the canine revel in what it was to be canine, something that he didn't often get on the ship.

"It was not a direct order for me to be here," she replied to the counsellor. "It was a recommendation on the part of our captain." Chira had been right that she likely wouldn't have joined her down on the planet unless it had been an order, but when Captain T'Koris made a recommendation, it likely was an order. She was just being polite about it.

She looked in the direction that Chira was heading in, one pale eyebrow lifting. She could see a group of vaguely familiar people, but she had no idea what they were going to do with them.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

[USS Phoenix Jeffries Tubes - Deck 7]

Tufezr smiled as Seika showed him the tricorder, knowing it was outdated and probably not working, but more than willing to humor the child for the time being. After all, she was only five years old, and needed all the encouragement she could get, and with a broken tricorder it wasn't like she could find and alter something irreparably. At least, in theory she couldn't. Well, then perhaps Fate was deciding that he should be here to ensure that she couldn't hurt herself, which was more than possible.

The Trill examined the tricorder with both amusement and genuine curiosity, as he hadn't seen one this old in quite some time. "That's a good looking piece of equipment there, should be more than enough to help our next Chief Engineer check her conduits." He grinned and tapped her nose with a light chuckle. "So, the holositter was boring, eh? Well, I could certainly use some help down here if you think you're up for it."


[USS Phoenix Jeffries Tubes - Deck 7]

Grinning at the Trill, Seika seemed to be proud as punch, but the offer to help him out had her almost wriggling in delight. Helping her mother out in Engineering had been one of her favourite things to do as a child back on the Discovery, at least until the accident that had put an end to all that.

"Yes, please!" she exclaimed. "Mummy always let me help her on the Discovery! I even got to realign the sensor arrays!" She paused then, looking a little sheepish as she admitted: "She told me what to put into the computer."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The walk along the boardwalk was slightly halting as Ghost stopped every now and then to sniff at a lamp post, but Chira didn't seem to be in any hurry either, so Zero didn't press him, letting the canine revel in what it was to be canine, something that he didn't often get on the ship.

"It was not a direct order for me to be here," she replied to the counsellor.  "It was a recommendation on the part of our captain."  Chira had been right that she likely wouldn't have joined her down on the planet unless it had been an order, but when Captain T'Koris made a recommendation, it likely was an order.  She was just being polite about it.

She looked in the direction that Chira was heading in, one pale eyebrow lifting.  She could see a group of vaguely familiar people, but she had no idea what they were going to do with them.

[On the Boardwalk]

The pair continued their stroll along the boardwalk, their bootsteps echoing along the smooth, wooden planking. The civilization here was fairly advanced - they were applying for Federation membership, after all - but these people appeared to enjoy some throwback architecture, as well.

"Hello, folks," Chira greeted, smiling and nodding at the other officers as she slipped onto a narrow barstool at the little wooden cabana. A handsome waiter appeared at the bar, asking what they would have. "Um," she thought, tapping her lower lip. "One of those nectar drinks would be fine. Do you want one, Zero?" She was pretty sure they weren't alcoholic. Pretty sure.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 pm

NPC wrote:


[Planetside]

"I lost her when we came to the city," Hope said, sounding almost on the brink of tears now.  "We were looking for food when we saw one of the people in bad uniforms.  She told me to run and hide but I lost sight of her."  She sniffled again, her lower lip trembling.  "All of the underside were told that we weren't allowed into the city ever, but if we get caught now, they're going to make us go away for ever."  The tears spilled over now and the child sniffled into her teddy, popping a grubby thumb into her mouth.

[Planetside]

Julia was saddened by the story the child shared. It was evident to Julia the hope felt that her and her family were truly in danger. "It's okay sweetheart. We'll try to find her." Julia said as she moved in to give the child a slight hug. Julia brushed Hope's arm gently nudging her back around the corner of the building. Julia wanted to keep her hidden for the moment while she worked to obtain more information. "So tell me Hope, What did these uniforms look like, the ones the bad people wear?" She said.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[On the Boardwalk]

The pair continued their stroll along the boardwalk, their bootsteps echoing along the smooth, wooden planking.  The civilization here was fairly advanced - they were applying for Federation membership, after all - but these people appeared to enjoy some throwback architecture, as well.  

"Hello, folks," Chira greeted, smiling and nodding at the other officers as she slipped onto a narrow barstool at the little wooden cabana.  A handsome waiter appeared at the bar, asking what they would have.  "Um," she thought, tapping her lower lip.  "One of those nectar drinks would be fine.  Do you want one, Zero?"  She was pretty sure they weren't alcoholic.  Pretty sure.

[Boardwalk - Planetside]

Copying the counsellor's easy actions, Zero slipped onto an empty stool and stifled a quiet moan. She wanted a drink. She wanted to get blackout drunk, a state that she had yet to achieve but had been rapidly working towards before Medical's blanket ban on drinking for her.

Looking up at the waiter, she nodded once. "I will have one, please," she said, remembering to add the polite little word at the end of her request. The waiter nodded, disappearing for a moment before returning with two tall glasses of juice. Zero picked the glass up, looking at the pale orange chilled, slightly viscous liquid with a faintly suspicious look before taking a sip.

"It is very sweet," she remarked, looking to Chira. This was small talk, right? This was how it worked?

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sometimes, Archangel really cursed her position as Captain of the Phoenix, and this was definitely one of those times.  Here she was, wandering around with the president of the planet giving her a tour of the city while being shadowed by both a detachment of her own security department and the president's detail, listening to him trying to worm his way into her good books in the hope that the final report about the planet's admission, written by Archangel, would be a positive one.

They were walking along the causeway that ran the length of the beach, the president still chatting away about the various achievements of the planet and its people, Archangel only listening with half an ear as she walked with the very rigid, upright posture she generally adopted when she was uncomfortable with a situation, her arms folded behind her back.  

Spotting a familiar man in a red uniform, a smile spread over her face.  Lengthening her stride a little, she made her way over to him.

"President Gorova, allow me to introduce my husband and first officer, Gabriel Arthur."


President Anim Gorova

[Planetside]

Gorova spared a surreptitious glance over at the Romulan captain as he finished explaining the cultural significance of their capitol building, being a work from the final phase of the Orool Perpendicular phase of architecture. Unfortunately, the pretty young woman's attention was drawn by another one of her officers. Needless to say, it smashed his mood a little bit.

That mood was crushed even more as T'Koris called the man her husband. Gorova instantly smoothed his expression, offering the man a terse handshake. "Mr. Arthur. And...Commander, I believe, if I have my Starfleet rankings correct? Pleasure. Well...dinner is at prompt Second Dark, Captain T'Koris. I expect you there, but I know you will enjoy yourself." He nodded to them both. "Captain. Commander. Until tonight."

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:13 pm

NPC wrote:

[Planetside]

Gorova spared a surreptitious glance over at the Romulan captain as he finished explaining the cultural significance of their capitol building, being a work from the final phase of the Orool Perpendicular phase of architecture.  Unfortunately, the pretty young woman's attention was drawn by another one of her officers.  Needless to say, it smashed his mood a little bit.

That mood was crushed even more as T'Koris called the man her husband.  Gorova instantly smoothed his expression, offering the man a terse handshake.  "Mr. Arthur.  And...Commander, I believe, if I have my Starfleet rankings correct?  Pleasure.  Well...dinner is at prompt Second Dark, Captain T'Koris.  I expect you there, but I know you will enjoy yourself."  He nodded to them both.  "Captain.  Commander.  Until tonight."


[Planetside]

Archangel had picked up on the President's attitude toward her, and it was confirmed in his actions towards Gabriel as she introduced him. It was something of a relief now, to have Gabriel there, both as her first officer and as her husband.

She gave the President a slight bow. "Thank you, sir. We will see you tonight."

As he turned and left with his security detail tailing him discreetly, Archangel turned to Gabriel with a smile on her face. "Thank Scotty for that," she told him in a low voice. "You turned up at just the right time. I think I might have caused a diplomatic incident if I had to listen to any more praise he had for this planet."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel had picked up on the President's attitude toward her, and it was confirmed in his actions towards Gabriel as she introduced him.  It was something of a relief now, to have Gabriel there, both as her first officer and as her husband.  

She gave the President a slight bow.  "Thank you, sir.  We will see you tonight."

As he turned and left with his security detail tailing him discreetly, Archangel turned to Gabriel with a smile on her face.  "Thank Scotty for that," she told him in a low voice.  "You turned up at just the right time.  I think I might have caused a diplomatic incident if I had to listen to any more praise he had for this planet."

[Planetside]

"There's gonna be an incident if that old coot keeps undressin' you with his eyes like that," Gabriel said, frowing in the president's wake. Gorova seemed to be a man used to getting his way...no matter what. At least, that was what Gabriel's first, admittedly negative, impression was of the man.

He lightened his face with a lopsided grin, giving his wife a gentle touch on the lower back. A full-on hug was probably out of the question, but they were technically on leave. Half-way, at least. "Anyway. I guess we just have to put up with him for a few hours more. I don't suppose there's any way to get outta this dinner thing..."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Planetside]

Julia was saddened by the story the child shared. It was evident to Julia the hope felt that her and her family were truly in danger. "It's okay sweetheart. We'll try to find her." Julia said as she moved in to give the child a slight hug. Julia brushed Hope's arm gently nudging her back around the corner of the building. Julia wanted to keep her hidden for the moment while she worked to obtain more information. "So tell me Hope, What did these uniforms look like, the ones the bad people wear?" She said.

[Planetside]

Hope was all too happy to move back around the side of the building, further out of sight of the street. She pulled her thumb out of her mouth to reply to Julia's question, looking uncomfortable in the fact that she was talking about people she was scared of.

"A lot of people wear them. People who look like you have been talking to them a lot. Mommy says that they're supposed to protect us."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside]

"There's gonna be an incident if that old coot keeps undressin' you with his eyes like that," Gabriel said, frowing in the president's wake.  Gorova seemed to be a man used to getting his way...no matter what.  At least, that was what Gabriel's first, admittedly negative, impression was of the man.

He lightened his face with a lopsided grin, giving his wife a gentle touch on the lower back.  A full-on hug was probably out of the question, but they were technically on leave.  Half-way, at least.  "Anyway.  I guess we just have to put up with him for a few hours more.  I don't suppose there's any way to get outta this dinner thing..."

[Planetside]

It was hard not to feel both amused and a little flattered by Gabriel's apparent protectiveness in the face of another man showing interest in her, but Archangel knew that she wouldn't be wandering off with anyone other than him.

"You have no need to worry, e'lev," she replied. "Your position isn't in any danger." Making sure that there was no one really around to see it, she stole a brief kiss, feeling that it was a justifiable reward after the amount of time that she had just spent with Gorova. It would have been nice to just hand in her report and get off the planet, but they were scheduled to stay there for a couple more days at least and it wouldn't do to cut the visit short.

"I'm afraid neither of us can hide out in the engine room anymore, Gabriel. It's dress uniforms and formal dinners for us." She poked him in the side. "At least we won't be suffering through it alone, and we've yet to go through the worst of formal dinners." She paused for dramatic effect. "We've yet to be invited to the Admiral's Dinner."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:55 pm

NPC wrote:


[Planetside]

Hope was all too happy to move back around the side of the building, further out of sight of the street.  She pulled her thumb out of her mouth to reply to Julia's question, looking uncomfortable in the fact that she was talking about people she was scared of.

"A lot of people wear them.  People who look like you have been talking to them a lot.  Mommy says that they're supposed to protect us."

[Planetside]

Julia quickly realized that she was talking about the humans on this planet. And we're here to admit these people into the federation. Julia thought to herself. She was trying not to jump to conclusions but it was difficult to remain objective when speaking to Hope. "Why is your mom so afraid of the people in those uniforms? You said it would be bad for your family. Where does your family live sweetheart?" Julia asked.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Planetside]

Julia quickly realized that she was talking about the humans on this planet. And we're here to admit these people into the federation. Julia thought to herself. She was trying not to jump to conclusions but it was difficult to remain objective when speaking to Hope. "Why is your mom so afraid of the people in those uniforms? You said it would be bad for your family. Where does your family live sweetheart?" Julia asked.

[Planetside]

Hope continued to sniffle, using her sleeve to wipe at her eyes. "We live in the Underside," she said. "The people from the Underside aren't supposed to come up here, but we were hungry." Her eyes were continuously flicking between Julia, fascinated by the colours of her uniform and the shine of her rank point and commbadge, and the street where she was looking out for the uniforms she was afraid of.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:19 pm

NPC wrote:


[Planetside]

Hope continued to sniffle, using her sleeve to wipe at her eyes.  "We live in the Underside," she said.  "The people from the Underside aren't supposed to come up here, but we were hungry."  Her eyes were continuously flicking between Julia, fascinated by the colours of her uniform and the shine of her rank point and commbadge, and the street where she was looking out for the uniforms she was afraid of.  

[Planetside]

Julia rubbed Hope's back in an attempt to soothe her. Julia knew that the child wouldn't be able to help her locate her mother unless she was calm enough to answer the questions. "It's okay. I promise I won't leave you alone. I'll see what we can do to find mom and maybe we can help you with that food too." Julia said softly to Hope. Julia was perplexed by the underside. She couldn't fathom what the child meant. She makes it sound as if she lives with a large group.Underside! Julia thought. That's it! Under the surface. Julia decided it was time to get help.

Julia tapped her Comma Badge and heard the familiar beeps. "Ensign Rellek to Phoenix I need some help and I don't have a lot of time to explain myself, Sir." Julia said in a whisper as she held Hope closely.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 pm

USS PHOENIX - Bridge

Andrew Sheridan had been put in charge of the ship ever since Commander Arthur had to depart for the away team.  Thus, for the second time since coming to the starship; Andrew found himself in command.  To be honest, he liked sitting in the center seat, but while there was more to keep an eye on in some ways....in other ways there was also less.  Well, that last part was an illusion.  After all, being in command was not less work, but more.  It only seemed like it, because without him sitting at Ops...there was just less to physically keep an eye on.  From the center chair, there was less of that to do, but a lot more of keeping an eye on much more important things.

The away team had been down there for some hours now, and shore leave had been granted to those who wished to explore the planet.  Soon, if all went well, these people would be a part of the Federation.  Of course, the last part of the admission was usually the part that caught people.  Something usually went wrong right about now.  Something that was overlooked in previous surveys, or inspections...a social part, or some hidden thing not seen before...whatever it was....that was usually what caught the applicant as a no for admission.

Of course, there were plenty who made it through the application process.  Betazed, Rigel, Pacifica, Bajor, and many others had entered the Federation.  It had not always been easy, but they made it.  Bajor had been a real problem for a time, but she was a strong member of the Federation now.

Thinking of the away team made Andrew decide it was time for a status report.  "Mr. Keldar, open a channel to the Captain.  Let's see how things are going with them down there," he said to the Ferengi male sitting at his normally assigned station.

Just as he was about to begin speaking; a signal came in from the new Science Ensign, Julia Rellek. It did not sound promising when the call turned out to be a signal for aid.

=/\= Reading you loud and clear, Ensign Rellek. What aid do you need? =/\= Andrew asked as he spoke to her over the comm. At the same time, he had Mr. Keldar begin scanning the new Ensign's position for trouble. Whatever she needed aid with...he wanted to be ready.

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 58
Join date : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:36 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:


Julia tapped her Comma Badge and heard the familiar beeps. "Ensign Rellek to Phoenix I need some help and I don't have a lot of time to explain myself, Sir." Julia said in a whisper as she held Hope closely.

[Bridge]

With the majority of the ship's company having been granted shore leave, Phoenix seemed practically empty. As an unspoken assumption regarding these diplomatic missions where practically everything but the ink was dry, it was considered a 'milk run', something to break up the continuous high-stress jobs that they had undertaken over the past few months.

When the call from Ensign Rellek came in, Derek, along with the rest of the bridge crew, sat up slightly straighter. This was something new and unexpected. Even if it turned out to be nothing, it would break up the monotony. Activating the thrusters, Derek adjusted their orbit, bringing them into a geosynchronous orbit above Rellek's commbadge signal. "Sir, we're in position if you want a visual."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Copying the counsellor's easy actions, Zero slipped onto an empty stool and stifled a quiet moan.  She wanted a drink.  She wanted to get blackout drunk, a state that she had yet to achieve but had been rapidly working towards before Medical's blanket ban on drinking for her.

Looking up at the waiter, she nodded once.  "I will have one, please," she said, remembering to add the polite little word at the end of her request.  The waiter nodded, disappearing for a moment before returning with two tall glasses of juice.  Zero picked the glass up, looking at the pale orange chilled, slightly viscous liquid with a faintly suspicious look before taking a sip.

"It is very sweet," she remarked, looking to Chira.  This was small talk, right?  This was how it worked?  

[Planetside - Cabana]

It suddenly struck Chira that she had another very important reason not to be sipping intoxicants - two of them, to be precise! She slipped out a tricorder from her satchel bag, giving the nectar a quick scan. "Well," she grinned, putting the tool back, "matches no known intoxicants in the Federation database, so we're legal. No offense," she said, smiling at the bartender, "but I'm drinking for three...and two us can't get drunk until they're teenagers."

With a slightly bemused look, the bartender left them alone, moving on to talk to someone else. "Well," Chira said, sipping the sweet juice, "I scared the native off. From the appreciative look he was giving you, it would seem to have been quite an accomplishment."

A few of the officers were giving them polite nods. Chira knew most, by face if not by name. The smiles and waves were guarded, though...which didn't come as a surprise. The presence of Zero Alpha didn't exactly stimulate people into jumping into conversation.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
USS PHOENIX - Bridge

Just as he was about to begin speaking; a signal came in from the new Science Ensign, Julia Rellek.  It did not sound promising when the call turned out to be a signal for aid.

=/\= Reading you loud and clear, Ensign Rellek.  What aid do you need? =/\= Andrew asked as he spoke to her over the comm.  At the same time, he had Mr. Keldar begin scanning the new Ensign's position for trouble.  Whatever she needed aid with...he wanted to be ready.

Julia was comforted by a federation crew. She knew they could help her get to the bottom of this. She was trying to avoid drawing attention of the nearby inhabitants. Julia began to whisper. =/\=Sir, can you have someone conduct scans of the planet. I'm looking for underground caverns maybe caves or man made tunnels. I'm not sure what we're looking for. Something big enough to hold a population. You may have to switch through multiple scanning frequencies. I'm pretty sure whatever we are looking for will be hidden. Our initial scans didn't detect anything out of the ordinary.=/\= Julia said as she caught her breathe. She continued to hold Hope as she awaited the report from her colleagues.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission
Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Bridge

Andrew heard the notification from the helm officer, and nodded in acceptance. "Visual would be nice," he confirmed as he prepared to answer Julia's request for aid.

Swiftly, Andrew made his way over to the Science station, and began scanning the immediate area under Julia's location as his focal point.

=/\=Working on it now, Ensign. Standby,=/\= he told her. Considering she was whispering...his own reply was more of a whisper than his normal soft spoken tone.

Seconds ticked by without revealing anything at first. All of the frequencies one by one were gone through, but there was nothing to be found concerning caverns of any kind. There was, however, a strange signature he had only seen a couple of times before. There was the slightest bit of a temporal phase shift under the planet.

Puzzled, Andrew began tracing the temporal phase shift, and when he did....it began to form into three dimensions in what could easily be a system of caves underground that seemed to stretch for miles. It was a rather complex system from what he could determine. A normal scan of the planet would have missed it, but Andrew was a temporal mechanics major, and it paid off now.

=/\=Ensign Kellek, unless I misunderstand these readings...there is a whole network of caverns underground stretching for miles in every direction. The scan is still continuing, but I am sending you the temporal phase shift to your tricorder so you can see what I am talking about. Apparently, these underground caverns are protected by some kind of very light phase shift in the Space/Time continuum. Almost like a type of cloak. Whats this all about, Ensign?=/\= he explained his findings to her.

_______________________________

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Today at 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 4: Behind the Mask
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: