Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Yesterday at 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana closed her eyes, smiling faintly to herself.  She enjoyed these moments, just being in Raynor's company.  He made her feel so safe, protected and loved.  Those were elements that had lacked in her life.  Yes, her parents had shown her love, her father had protected her the best he could, but while they had done their best, there was nothing about her life before that let those elements come easily.  But here?  Lying half on top of him, his strong heartbeat in his ear, enveloped in his warmth and love?  The Cardassian didn't want to lose that feeling.

The gentle touch of his fingers through her hair and along the curve of her ear made her snuggle a little closer to him.  She had noted that he seemed to favour that one side of her head, away from the implant, but she didn't grudge him that.  It was almost as if he knew that area was highly sensitive and avoided it to spare her the discomfort.

The sound of an alarm coming from the cockpit had Ilana bolting upright.  She scrambled off the bed, grabbing the blanket as she went, wrapping it around her body.  "Wh-wh-what's h-h-happening?" she stammered, unable to make sense of what was going on.  This wasn't her domain.  She was a doctor, not a fighter.

"Apparently," he said, calmly moving out of the bed, naked as the day he was born, "we are about to have some unwelcome company." Raynor stood for a second, glancing down at himself. He gave a small grunt, grabbing up his pants and slipping them on, doing a little step-hop over to the controls. "Small vessel...harrier or something." He tapped a few more commands, shaking his head. "Signatures read Tellarite, though it could be anyone flying it. Strap in, Lana --"

Suddenly, the runabout shuddered as it was struck. "Blood and thunder!" he roared, feeling his heart begin to thud with the lust of battle. "Sons of bitches are trying to strafe us out of warp! Hah! Hold on, dear doctor..."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Apparently," he said, calmly moving out of the bed, naked as the day he was born, "we are about to have some unwelcome company."  Raynor stood for a second, glancing down at himself.  He gave a small grunt, grabbing up his pants and slipping them on, doing a little step-hop over to the controls.  "Small vessel...harrier or something."  He tapped a few more commands, shaking his head.  "Signatures read Tellarite, though it could be anyone flying it.  Strap in, Lana --"

Suddenly, the runabout shuddered as it was struck.  "Blood and thunder!" he roared, feeling his heart begin to thud with the lust of battle.  "Sons of bitches are trying to strafe us out of warp!  Hah!  Hold on, dear doctor..."

Ilana grabbed her uniform undershirt and trousers, discarded on the floor,and pulled them on. If they were going to be attacked, she certainly didn't want to be mostly naked when it happened.

As the ship shook, she found herself tumbling to one side of the shuttle, wildly grabbing at the bulkhead to keep herself from going head first into it. As the craft stabilised again, she all but threw herself into the co-pilot's seat, clipping the safety harness into place. She flinched at the sound of Raynor's voice raised in anger against the other ship, cowering back slightly into her chair. She knew better than to try to interrupt him now. She knew little enough about piloting a shuttle under normal circumstances, let alone in a battle situation. Disturbing Raynor now might put him off, delay some kind of reflex that he needed.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Ilana grabbed her uniform undershirt and trousers, discarded on the floor,and pulled them on.  If they were going to be attacked, she certainly didn't want to be mostly naked when it happened.  

As the ship shook, she found herself tumbling to one side of the shuttle, wildly grabbing at the bulkhead to keep herself from going head first into it.  As the craft stabilised again, she all but threw herself into the co-pilot's seat, clipping the safety harness into place.  She flinched at the sound of Raynor's voice raised in anger against the other ship, cowering back slightly into her chair.  She knew better than to try to interrupt him now.  She knew little enough about piloting a shuttle under normal circumstances, let alone in a battle situation.  Disturbing Raynor now might put him off, delay some kind of reflex that he needed.  

"Yeah, that's Tellarite. Hrnh," the Klingon grunted. "Damn pirate. It's going to be this way for a while...until the major powers are able to properly patrol their territory again." A feral glint flashed in his hazel eyes as he looked over to Ilana. "They wish us to drop out of warp? Well. Let's oblige them, love. I hope you remember your Academy courses and can use the targeting computer, because I am going to need it."

Glancing at the readings, he nodded. "This ship is a little better armed than we are, but one-on-one...we can take the bastard!" He could feel the powerful thud of his heart in his ears...the thunderous pounding of his blood, like the beating of one thousand drums, something primal, universal to both human and Klingon. The thrill of it, the lust of battle, moved along his spine and liver like uncounted little electric charges, engaging his senses, almost like the pleasure that he and Ilana had just shared, not fifteen minutes past.

Ilana...

The thought doused his rage-lust like a bucket of cold water. He was Klingon, yes, but the need to protect her was even stronger. As much as it galled him...Raynor knew that, should this battle go against him, he would need to keep the warp intact. He would not endanger her life. Not for his own pride...not for anything.

"Dropping out of warp," he said, focusing back on the problem at hand. "Target their cockpi---I mean, their engines," he corrected, slipping form a Klingon mindset to a Federation one."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Yeah, that's Tellarite.  Hrnh," the Klingon grunted.  "Damn pirate.  It's going to be this way for a while...until the major powers are able to properly patrol their territory again."  A feral glint flashed in his hazel eyes as he looked over to Ilana.  "They wish us to drop out of warp?  Well.  Let's oblige them, love.  I hope you remember your Academy courses and can use the targeting computer, because I am going to need it."

Glancing at the readings, he nodded.  "This ship is a little better armed than we are, but one-on-one...we can take the bastard!"  He could feel the powerful thud of his heart in his ears...the thunderous pounding of his blood, like the beating of one thousand drums, something primal, universal to both human and Klingon.  The thrill of it, the lust of battle, moved along his spine and liver like uncounted little electric charges, engaging his senses, almost like the pleasure that he and Ilana had just shared, not fifteen minutes past.

Ilana...

The thought doused his rage-lust like a bucket of cold water.  He was Klingon, yes, but the need to protect her was even stronger.  As much as it galled him...Raynor knew that, should this battle go against him, he would need to keep the warp intact.  He would not endanger her life.  Not for his own pride...not for anything.

"Dropping out of warp," he said, focusing back on the problem at hand.  "Target their cockpi---I mean, their engines," he corrected, slipping form a Klingon mindset to a Federation one."

The more Raynor spoke, the more Ilana wanted to sink back into her chair and be pretty much anywhere else but on that shuttle at that moment in time. But he needed her in this dogfight. He needed her to help him in battle. Hadn't she asked him to teach her how to fight?

Hands shaking, Ilana reached out to the console in front of her, finding the weapons systems. She prayed to whatever god was out there that she would be able to do this, to use the shuttle's defensive systems after having been out of practise for so long.

Despite the trembling in her fingers, she managed to get a lock on what she guessed to be the other ship's engines. "T-t-t-target l-l-locked!" she stammered.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The more Raynor spoke, the more Ilana wanted to sink back into her chair and be pretty much anywhere else but on that shuttle at that moment in time.  But he needed her in this dogfight.  He needed her to help him in battle.  Hadn't she asked him to teach her how to fight?

Hands shaking, Ilana reached out to the console in front of her, finding the weapons systems.  She prayed to whatever god was out there that she would be able to do this, to use the shuttle's defensive systems after having been out of practise for so long.

Despite the trembling in her fingers, she managed to get a lock on what she guessed to be the other ship's engines.  "T-t-t-target l-l-locked!" she stammered.

"Easy, Lana," Raynor said, keying in his own commands, but sparing her a glance. Her nervousness was apparent, and made him feel slightly ashamed at his own need for the fight. This was his world, not hers. It wasn't as if the'yd gone and looked for a fight, but, still... "Breathe. Remember to breathe. Like the mok'bara, my love. Draw a breath in, hold it, and let it out. I will not allow harm to come to you."

Their window of opportunity was fast closing, so Raynor wasted no more time on speaking. Now was the time for action. "Fire!" he commanded, dodging the runabout to avoid the Tellarite's aft phaser blasts.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:05 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Easy, Lana," Raynor said, keying in his own commands, but sparing her a glance.  Her nervousness was apparent, and made him feel slightly ashamed at his own need for the fight.  This was his world, not hers.  It wasn't as if the'yd gone and looked for a fight, but, still...  "Breathe.  Remember to breathe.  Like the mok'bara, my love.  Draw a breath in, hold it, and let it out.  I will not allow harm to come to you."

Their window of opportunity was fast closing, so Raynor wasted no more time on speaking.  Now was the time for action.  "Fire!" he commanded, dodging the runabout to avoid the Tellarite's aft phaser blasts.  

Glancing over at Raynor, Ilana tried to take his advice and remember to breathe adequately. She couldn't remember ever having to fight. It just wasn't her area. She didn't even carry a phaser on away team duty unless it was absolutely necessary! The reassurance that he wouldn't let any harm come to her was appreciated, but she also knew that he couldn't guarantee that.

As the order came to fire, the Cardassian quickly checked her targeting sensors again to make sure that the lock was still engaged and hit the key to fire the shuttle's phasers.

"Ph-ph-phasers f-f-fired!"

Yeah, a stammer was not something she needed in an emergency situation.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:58 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Glancing over at Raynor, Ilana tried to take his advice and remember to breathe adequately.  She couldn't remember ever having to fight.  It just wasn't her area.  She didn't even carry a phaser on away team duty unless it was absolutely necessary!  The reassurance that he wouldn't let any harm come to her was appreciated, but she also knew that he couldn't guarantee that.

As the order came to fire, the Cardassian quickly checked her targeting sensors again to make sure that the lock was still engaged and hit the key to fire the shuttle's phasers.

"Ph-ph-phasers f-f-fired!"

Yeah, a stammer was not something she needed in an emergency situation.

Raynor watched with pleasure as the runabout's armament came online, sending phaser blasts into the dorsal region of the pirate freighter. Whoever they were, they likely did not expect a lone Federation craft to be such a tough dinner. Now was the time to make sure that their meal stuck in their craw for good.

He knew he could order her to fire again and she would...mainly because she trusted him, but also because he was in control of this situation. Can I do that, though? Can I turn her into a killer? Teaching the Cardassian to fight was one thing, but taking lives...if one wasn't properly steeped in the right cultural mores, it could be a very disturbing thing, indeed. Raynor himself had no compunctions whatsoever about ending a threat, especially when his beloved was in the crosshairs. Still...

The pirates fired another volley, jolting Raynor to the present. He cursed himself a thousand times over, knowing that a distracted warrior was a dead one. With as precious a cargo as he was riding with, he could not afford anything like that. "petaQ filth! Apparently they're not convinced. One more, and then hail them."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:06 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor watched with pleasure as the runabout's armament came online, sending phaser blasts into the dorsal region of the pirate freighter.  Whoever they were, they likely did not expect a lone Federation craft to be such a tough dinner.  Now was the time to make sure that their meal stuck in their craw for good.

He knew he could order her to fire again and she would...mainly because she trusted him, but also because he was in control of this situation.  Can I do that, though?  Can I turn her into a killer?  Teaching the Cardassian to fight was one thing, but taking lives...if one wasn't properly steeped in the right cultural mores, it could be a very disturbing thing, indeed.  Raynor himself had no compunctions whatsoever about ending  a threat, especially when his beloved was in the crosshairs.  Still...

The pirates fired another volley, jolting Raynor to the present.  He cursed himself a thousand times over, knowing that a distracted warrior was a dead one.  With as precious a cargo as he was riding with, he could not afford anything like that.  "petaQ filth!  Apparently they're not convinced.  One more, and then hail them."

Swallowing hard, Ilana checked her targeting locks again. She hated firing any kind of weapon. It was all to easy to misjudge and end up killing someone. Could she live with herself, knowing that she'd taken a life? Oh, she had lost patients before, but never without a fight. She wasn't so naive that she thought that she could cure everything and everyone. There were times that nature just had to take its course and claim a life, but this? This was completely different.

She trusted Raynor though. She knew that he wouldn't be asking her to do this if he thought that there as another way.

She sent another volley of phaser fire toward the other ship, her expression twisted and unhappy. Once that was done, she quickly opened a channel to the other ship.

"H-h-hailing f-frequencies open, R-R-Raynor."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:28 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Swallowing hard, Ilana checked her targeting locks again.  She hated firing any kind of weapon.  It was all to easy to misjudge and end up killing someone.  Could she live with herself, knowing that she'd taken a life?  Oh, she had lost patients before, but never without a fight.  She wasn't so naive that she thought that she could cure everything and everyone.  There were times that nature just had to take its course and claim a life, but this?  This was completely different.

She trusted Raynor though.  She knew that he wouldn't be asking her to do this if he thought that there as another way.

She sent another volley of phaser fire toward the other ship, her expression twisted and unhappy.  Once that was done, she quickly opened a channel to the other ship.

"H-h-hailing f-frequencies open, R-R-Raynor."

A jet of smoke and sparks shot out from beside of Raynor as one of the ship's last hits struck the runabout, filling the room with the acrid tang of ozone. The others had stopped firing, though. "It looks as if their weaponry is down," he said, turning to Ilana. "Excellent work, Lana!"

Raynor took a breath, calming himself from the battle-rage that was inherent to his kind. For Ilana's sake...this would be the route of diplomacy, however much he wanted to blow these jackasses out of the stars for daring to try and pirate them. "Put them on."

Their small screen panel filled with the furry, dark-eyed face of a Tellarite dressed in a silvery, bulky suit. Those heavy-lidded, usually-laconic-looking eyes widened considerably when they saw who was piloting the ship. "Klingon! What devilry is this!" the pirate demanded. Raynor gave the man his best, most barbarous grin, leaning forward into the screen. He knew he must look a sight, completely shirtless and wild-haired, the smoke from the ruptured panel giving the front of the cabin a haze that was not unlike a Klingon vessel.

"Listen to me very carefully, petaQ. Heed and digest every word in that fat gut of yours. The alliance between the Empire and the Federation is stronger than ever. What you see before you is the future...every Federation transport will be carrying a complement of Klingon warriors. Furthermore," he said, his white teeth flashing with feral grimness against his ruddy skin, "any attack on them will be like unto an attack directly on the Klingon Empire...and will be dealt with...accordingly. This is your final warning. Leave this part of space. This transmission ends."

Raynor signaled for Ilana to cut the link, leaning back in his chair and laughing as she did. "Well. That ought to set back piracy a generation in this region! Did you see the look on his face?"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Ilana had never seen Raynor in his element in the heat of battle. She brought her knees up to her chest, hugging them as she watched him speaking to the Tellarite on the other ship, a note of wariness in her expression.

She cut the link as he gave her the signal. How did he manage to be so cavalier when they had come so close to a situation in which they might have had to kill someone. She knew that a Klingon's heart beat to the sound of the battle drums, but she also knew that hers never would. She took her Hippocratic Oath very seriously and even before that, she didn't think she was capable of harming another in any deliberate manner.

She looked away from him, at the deckplates on the other side, not answering him as she tried to come to terms with what might have happened.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana had never seen Raynor in his element in the heat of battle.  She brought her knees up to her chest, hugging them as she watched him speaking to the Tellarite on the other ship, a note of wariness in her expression.

She cut the link as he gave her the signal.  How did he manage to be so cavalier when they had come so close to a situation in which they might have had to kill someone.  She knew that a Klingon's heart beat to the sound of the battle drums, but she also knew that hers never would.  She took her Hippocratic Oath very seriously and even before that, she didn't think she was capable of harming another in any deliberate manner.

She looked away from him, at the deckplates on the other side, not answering him as she tried to come to terms with what might have happened.

Watching the pirate ship limp away, Raynor turned to the console and commanded the computer to begin compiling a report. Hopefully, they'd not have any further problems with the warp drive. It was a lonely stretch of space in which to have to wait for a damn ride.

"Lana," he quietly said, still looking at the computer. "Are you...injured?" He looked at her, then, knowing what bothered her, being fairly sure that she'd not sustained any hurt during the fight. His hands still shook slightly as his adrenaline ebbed, more of a gradual process than the flick of a switch. For a few moments, at least, he had fully reveled in his own Klingon-ness, in the righteous wrath of those who had been attacked unfairly.

Now, in the silence that seemed to settle between them...he wasn't quite sure what to say.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Watching the pirate ship limp away, Raynor turned to the console and commanded the computer to begin compiling a report.  Hopefully, they'd not have any further problems with the warp drive.  It was a lonely stretch of space in which to have to wait for a damn ride.

"Lana," he quietly said, still looking at the computer.  "Are you...injured?"  He looked at her, then, knowing what bothered her, being fairly sure that she'd not sustained any hurt during the fight.  His hands still shook slightly as his adrenaline ebbed, more of a gradual process than the flick of a switch.  For a few moments, at least, he had fully reveled in his own Klingon-ness, in the righteous wrath of those who had been attacked unfairly.

Now, in the silence that seemed to settle between them...he wasn't quite sure what to say.

The silence between the Klingon and the Cardassian stretched on for a few moments more before Ilana spoke up in a quiet voice.

"I am n-n-not h-hurt," she said before pausing again. How did she tell him without offending him or risking some form of judgement? She knew that Klingons pretty much lived for battle. How would he take it if his mate couldn't stomach it? "I c-c-can c-count on th-th-the f-f-fingers of o-one h-hand th-the n-n-number of t-times I've h-had t-t-to f-fire a ph-phaser in a f-f-fight. I d-d-don't l-like it."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


The silence between the Klingon and the Cardassian stretched on for a few moments more before Ilana spoke up in a quiet voice.

"I am n-n-not h-hurt," she said before pausing again.  How did she tell him without offending him or risking some form of judgement?  She knew that Klingons pretty much lived for battle.  How would he take it if his mate couldn't stomach it?  "I c-c-can c-count on th-th-the f-f-fingers of o-one h-hand th-the n-n-number of t-times I've h-had t-t-to f-fire a ph-phaser in a f-f-fight.  I d-d-don't l-like it."

"Easy, Lana. Just calm down. It is finished."

He moved closer to her, kneeling down on the floor next to her co-pilot's seat, placing one hand on her knee, the other touching her chin so that she could look at him. The look in those wonderful green eyes was one of fear and trepidation. He also wondered if he was imagining seeing disgust there, too. In what, he did not know...but he hoped that it was not at him. "You are not a warrior trained, Ilana. I am. All my life, I have fought. And I have slain many. But I have never killed anyone that did not deserve it, either through their own actions, or in the name of war. We were attacked, Lana. Plain and simple."

Raynor checked the terminal as it finished compiling its report. There was no damage to the runabout's small warp core. They were free to resume their course. He found, though, that it was difficult to move from her side.

"I have disappointed you."


_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Easy, Lana.  Just calm down.  It is finished."  

He moved closer to her, kneeling down on the floor next to her co-pilot's seat, placing one hand on her knee, the other touching her chin so that she could look at him.  The look in those wonderful green eyes was one of fear and trepidation.  He also wondered if he was imagining seeing disgust there, too.  In what, he did not know...but he hoped that it was not at him.  "You are not a warrior trained, Ilana.  I am.  All my life, I have fought.  And I have slain many.  But I have never killed anyone that did not deserve it, either through their own actions, or in the name of war.  We were attacked, Lana.  Plain and simple."

Raynor checked the terminal as it finished compiling its report.  There was no damage to the runabout's small warp core.  They were free to resume their course.  He found, though, that it was difficult to move from her side.

"I have disappointed you."


Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself, Ilana reached out to take Raynor's hand in both of hers. It was always difficult to hide when she was upset from him, mostly because her stammer always made it painfully obvious. There was no point in denying it or she could run the risk of offending the Klingon.

"You h-have n-not d-d-disappointed me," she replied, shifting one hand to her cheek so as to trace the strong line of his jaw. "It is in y-your n-n-nature to r-revel in the h-heat of b-b-battle. I c-can accept th-that. B-but is is n-n-not in mine, and th-that is unlikely to ch-change." She paused before looking up into his hazel eyes, the ones that appeared so gentle but could be light by the fires of battlelust. "I'm s-sorry if th-that upsets y-you."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself, Ilana reached out to take Raynor's hand in both of hers.  It was always difficult to hide when she was upset from him, mostly because her stammer always made it painfully obvious.  There was no point in denying it or she could run the risk of offending the Klingon.

"You h-have n-not d-d-disappointed me," she replied, shifting one hand to her cheek so as to trace the strong line of his jaw.  "It is in y-your n-n-nature to r-revel in the h-heat of b-b-battle.  I c-can accept th-that.  B-but is is n-n-not in mine, and th-that is unlikely to ch-change."  She paused before looking up into his hazel eyes, the ones that appeared so gentle but could be light by the fires of battlelust.  "I'm s-sorry if th-that upsets y-you."

Ah. To the heart of it.

"It is my nature," Raynor agreed, the cool sensation of her hand on his face feeding into the current that still was firing through his being. "I will not, however, have you implying upset where none exists. I told you earlier to stop worrying about what you think you should be to me, and I mean it, Lana. I love you. I fell in love with you, and not someone I am trying to make you into." Her hand in his, he shook his shaggy head. "I know you will not take a life voluntarily, Ilana. Your oath as a doctor aside...it is a part of your nature. I would not expect you to change me, as I will not try and change you."

He stood, kissing her softly before settling back into his chair, re-engaging the warp. Before long, they were speeding through the cosmos once again. The Klingon glanced down at his naked torso, cocking an eyebrow at Ilana. "I suppose we should straighten ourselves up before we get to our destination. I think this bucket has a 'fresher facility."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Ah.  To the heart of it.  

"It is my nature," Raynor agreed, the cool sensation of her hand on his face feeding into the current that still was firing through his being.  "I will not, however, have you implying upset where none exists.  I told you earlier to stop worrying about what you think you should be to me, and I mean it, Lana.  I love you.  I fell in love with you, and not someone I am trying to make you into."  Her hand in his, he shook his shaggy head.  "I know you will not take a life voluntarily, Ilana.  Your oath as a doctor aside...it is a part of your nature.  I would not expect you to change me, as I will not try and change you."  

He stood, kissing her softly before settling back into his chair, re-engaging the warp.  Before long, they were speeding through the cosmos once again.  The Klingon glanced down at his naked torso, cocking an eyebrow at Ilana.  "I suppose we should straighten ourselves up before we get to our destination.  I think this bucket has a 'fresher facility."  

Raynor's words went some way towards reassuring the Cardassian and she managed a faint smile, making a quiet sound of pleasure as he kissed her again. As much as he assured her that she was the one he had fallen in love with, there was always that nagging feeling that she wasn't the mate truly suited to him. She returned the kiss with a brief nip to his lower lip, a gesture that she knew he enjoyed seeing from her.

"It w-would be a g-good idea to c-c-clean ourselves up b-before we arrive at the c-colony," she replied, unclipping the various straps of the safety harness keeping her in the co-pilot's chair, getting back to her feet. Taking his hand again, she tilted her head to one side. A faint blush crept over her cheekbones as she offered: "I'll w-wash your b-back if you wash m-m-mine?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Raynor's words went some way towards reassuring the Cardassian and she managed a faint smile, making a quiet sound of pleasure as he kissed her again.  As much as he assured her that she was the one he had fallen in love with, there was always that nagging feeling that she wasn't the mate truly suited to him.  She returned the kiss with a brief nip to his lower lip, a gesture that she knew he enjoyed seeing from her.

"It w-would be a g-good idea to c-c-clean ourselves up b-before we arrive at the c-colony," she replied, unclipping the various straps of the safety harness keeping her in the co-pilot's chair, getting back to her feet.  Taking his hand again, she tilted her head to one side.  A faint blush crept over her cheekbones as she offered:  "I'll w-wash your b-back if you wash m-m-mine?"

It was good to see her smiling again, at least. That, and the little nip on his lip told Raynor that Ilana at least wanted it to seem like she had moved on from the situation. He knew better, though. Her heart was full of a warrior's bravery, but taking a life was a foreign concept to her. It's no wonder the quadrant thinks we're backward barbarians...

That...was a problem for later. Raynor knew it would come up again, but everything had its time and place. Right now? His love was offering to enter a close, wet space with him, and with no clothing. What else could be on his mind?

"Of course," he grinned, gripping her by the hand and leading her as if they were teenagers. "There's a few hours left. I think we've time. Though I warn you...the quarters? Might be close."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:53 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

It was good to see her smiling again, at least.  That, and the little nip on his lip told Raynor that Ilana at least wanted it to seem like she had moved on from the situation.  He knew better, though.  Her heart was full of a warrior's bravery, but taking a life was a foreign concept to her.  It's no wonder the quadrant thinks we're backward barbarians...

That...was a problem for later.  Raynor knew it would come up again, but everything had its time and place.  Right now?  His love was offering to enter a close, wet space with him, and with no clothing.  What else could be on his mind?

"Of course," he grinned, gripping her by the hand and leading her as if they were teenagers.  "There's a few hours left.  I think we've time.  Though I warn you...the quarters?  Might be close."

While she knew that this clashing element in their relationship would no doubt return to plague them again and would eventually have to be addressed, Ilana was relieved to be able to move on from it for now.

Getting out of the chair, she followed Raynor out of the helm section toward the back of the craft where the somewhat cramped living quarters were. She smiled slightly, squeezing his hand.

"P-perhaps that was th-the attraction," she replied with a teasing tone to her voice.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:13 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

While she knew that this clashing element in their relationship would no doubt return to plague them again and would eventually have to be addressed, Ilana was relieved to be able to move on from it for now.

Getting out of the chair, she followed Raynor out of the helm section toward the back of the craft where the somewhat cramped living quarters were.  She smiled slightly, squeezing his hand.

"P-perhaps that was th-the attraction," she replied with a teasing tone to her voice.

"Perhaps, indeed," Raynor replied, his voice a purr. Well, a purr like a mountain-cat, but...yeah. The moment of trepidation over, his elation at the battle was returning, flooding back into him with equal parts of passion for Ilana. He slipped behind her, hoisting her off the ground and up into his arms. "You'll just have to take all those clothes right back off again," he teased, kissing the back of her neck as he carried her to the shuttle's facilities.

Which were, of course, nothing to speak of. There was a 'fresher, of course, but it was as small and cramped as one would expect on a craft of this size. Even though runabouts had much more amenities than a basic shuttle, it was still tight. "Maybe if we both stand sideways, we can fit in that," he grinned.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Perhaps, indeed," Raynor replied, his voice a purr.  Well, a purr like a mountain-cat, but...yeah.  The moment of trepidation over, his elation at the battle was returning, flooding back into him with equal parts of passion for Ilana.  He slipped behind her, hoisting her off the ground and up into his arms.  "You'll just have to take all those clothes right back off again," he teased, kissing the back of her neck as he carried her to the shuttle's facilities.

Which were, of course, nothing to speak of.  There was a 'fresher, of course, but it was as small and cramped as one would expect on a craft of this size.  Even though runabouts had much more amenities than a basic shuttle, it was still tight.  "Maybe if we both stand sideways, we can fit in that," he grinned.

The purr coming from Raynor was a strange sound to Ilana's ears, but it was as endearing and exciting as it was curious. She smiled at him, about to take another step toward the fresher unit, but she found her feet leaving the deck plates as his arms wound around her. She gave a token struggle, but very quickly gave up.

She looked up at him, tilting her head to one side. "I do n-not take up m-much space," she replied. "I'm s-sure we can f-f-find a way to f-fit."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The purr coming from Raynor was a strange sound to Ilana's ears, but it was as endearing and exciting as it was curious.  She smiled at him, about to take another step toward the fresher unit, but she found her feet leaving the deck plates as his arms wound around her.  She gave a token struggle, but very quickly gave up.

She looked up at him, tilting her head to one side.  "I do n-not take up m-much space," she replied.  "I'm s-sure we can f-f-find a way to f-fit."

Raynor set to work on his next mission of vital import - removing the clothing from Ilana. It wasn't difficult, considering the hastiness with which she'd had to throw them on. Then again, removing his own was an easier accomplishment, since he'd only managed to get the pants back on, anyway. He wasn't sure if there was an old Klingon proverb about not going into battle without your pants...but there probably should be.

"We will," he said, trailing kisses up and down her torso as her top came flying off. "Are we not, after all, scientists?" Her bottoms came off next as the couple found themselves back against the far bulkhead, trailing clothes behind them like a path of destruction. This was how mature officers acted...wasn't it?

Then again. He was an exchange officer.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor set to work on his next mission of vital import - removing the clothing from Ilana.  It wasn't difficult, considering the hastiness with which she'd had to throw them on.  Then again, removing his own was an easier accomplishment, since he'd only managed to get the pants back on, anyway.  He wasn't sure if there was an old Klingon proverb about not going into battle without your pants...but there probably should be.

"We will," he said, trailing kisses up and down her torso as her top came flying off.  "Are we not, after all, scientists?"  Her bottoms came off next as the couple found themselves back against the far bulkhead, trailing clothes behind them like a path of destruction.  This was how mature officers acted...wasn't it?

Then again.  He was an exchange officer.

[Some time later... Again]

For someone who had never been active in an intimate manner before, Ilana was finding it quite easy to adapt to the amount of exercise she was now getting in that department. The two of them had... eventually... managed to avail themselves of the facilities on board the shuttle. Now cleaned up, Ilana was on the hunt for the various pieces of her uniform. She picked up her uniform undershirt, shaking it out, thankful that the fabric didn't appear to crease easily. She wanted to be as presentable as possible for her family.

"We sh-should be arriving s-s-soon, right?" she asked Raynor as she pulled the shirt on.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:55 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
For someone who had never been active in an intimate manner before, Ilana was finding it quite easy to adapt to the amount of exercise she was now getting in that department.  The two of them had... eventually... managed to avail themselves of the facilities on board the shuttle.  Now cleaned up, Ilana was on the hunt for the various pieces of her uniform.  She picked up her uniform undershirt, shaking it out, thankful that the fabric didn't appear to crease easily.  She wanted to be as presentable as possible for her family.

"We sh-should be arriving s-s-soon, right?" she asked Raynor as she pulled the shirt on.

[Again? Well, yes...]

Raynor's initial thoughts had been correct - the shower was too damned small for the both of them to fit in. However, considering what they'd engaged in against the wall of the lavatory, Raynor wasn't overly disappointed. He'd settled for leaning on the doorframe with one appreciative eye on the Cardassian as she'd showered, and one watchful eye on the proximity alarm for any other unwelcome guests.

"Should be, yes," Raynor replied, stamping on his second boot. He noted that Ilana still was putting her Starfleet uniform back on. Raynor himself had considered wearing his KDF metals, but only for the briefest of moments. Showing up dressed in full Klingon regalia wasn't likely to ingratiate himself with her people. He was going to be a difficult enough sell, as it was. "The time really flew by, didn't it?" he grinned, wrapping his long arms around her narrow waist, kissing the Cardassian on the back of her head as his long hair fell about her shoulders.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:27 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Again?  Well, yes...]

Raynor's initial thoughts had been correct - the shower was too damned small for the both of them to fit in.  However, considering what they'd engaged in against the wall of the lavatory, Raynor wasn't overly disappointed.  He'd settled for leaning on the doorframe with one appreciative eye on the Cardassian as she'd showered, and one watchful eye on the proximity alarm for any other unwelcome guests.

"Should be, yes," Raynor replied, stamping on his second boot.  He noted that Ilana still was putting her Starfleet uniform back on.  Raynor himself had considered wearing his KDF metals, but only for the briefest of moments.  Showing up dressed in full Klingon regalia wasn't likely to ingratiate himself with her people.  He was going to be a difficult enough sell, as it was.  "The time really flew by, didn't it?" he grinned, wrapping his long arms around her narrow waist, kissing the Cardassian on the back of her head as his long hair fell about her shoulders.

Ilana settled her uniform jacket around her shoulders, doing it up and checking both her rank point and her commbadge were in their proper places given that both the tops had spent a significant amount of this trip on the deck plates. She wanted to make a good impression on her parents. While there had been regular subspace contact between her and her family, this would be the first time in several years that she would see them face to face.

She smiled at the feeling of Raynor's long, warm arms around her. She had to admit that she had concerns about introducing Raynor to the rest of her family, but she that was what she wanted to do. Family was everything to a Cardassian. She reached up to place a brief kiss on his lips. "My p-p-parents are going to be a b-bit w-wart of you to s-s-start w-with, but d-don't w-worry."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:08 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana settled her uniform jacket around her shoulders, doing it up and checking both her rank point and her commbadge were in their proper places given that both the tops had spent a significant amount of this trip on the deck plates.  She wanted to make a good impression on her parents.  While there had been regular subspace contact between her and her family, this would be the first time in several years that she would see them face to face.

She smiled at the feeling of Raynor's long, warm arms around her.  She had to admit that she had concerns about introducing Raynor to the rest of her family, but she that was what she wanted to do.  Family was everything to a Cardassian.  She reached up to place a brief kiss on his lips.  "My p-p-parents are going to be a b-bit w-wart of you to s-s-start w-with, but d-don't w-worry."

"Everyone's wary of me to start with," he grinned, returning her kiss. It was fortunate that some of his formative years had been spent among humans, and he knew there were dozens of different types of kisses. Most Klingons ones drew blood, or were the first sanguinary step. "And after some time, most are still wary of me."

He was making light, but Raynor was genuinely concerned. While he gave no damn what any man or beast thought of him, he knew that Ilana's family would likely be disappointed in him...and that was something that he did not wish for her to have to go through. "We should be coming up on our destination very soon," he said, slicking back his dark hair and tying it into a tight tail. Raynor slipped into the pilot's seat, re-checking his readings. "Yes. ETA of about ten minutes. In fact...ah."

The console was blinking from an incoming message from the colony's command control center. "Apparently, they've seen us. Shall we put you on-screen, so they don't think this is an act of war?"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Today at 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: