Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Yesterday at 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:14 pm

NPC wrote:

Lieutenant Selva



[Sickbay]

Selva wished that she were able to better express herself in Terran mannerisms, because she could have gone for a good sigh right about now.  "No.  My parents never found a suitable arrangement for me before I enrolled in the Science Academy.  And then I went on to join Starfleet, and...I have...neglected...this aspect.  The last time I was forced to sate my urges was five years ago.  I believed I had more time..."

Reaching around, Selva pulled a padd out of her back uniform pocket.  "I have not been idle, however," she nodded, handing it to the Andorian.  "For your perusal.  I have categorized a listing of possible pairings that would satisfy this drive.  The Vulcan pon farr is a highly-physical thing, a hearken back to our baser natures.  Therefore, the ideal match would be one of Vulcanoid heritage.  Barring that, I would require someone of good physical condition, and adequate strength."

Vulcanoid Pairings:
Archangel T'Koris
T'Mir
Jiseth
Safefta Pardek


Non-Vulcanoids of Adequate Conditioning:
Zero Alpha
Gabriel Arthur
Thelos th'Zhela

"As you can see," Selva continued, "most of the available Vulcanoids are females.  "I...do not have enough experience to know if this would sate the pon farr or not.  Commander Arthur and Ensign Alpha are listed due to their presumed experience with Romulan intimacy."  She looked up at the doctor, her face expressionless as a statue.  "And you, of course.  The Andorian stamina is well-known."

Thelos politely nodded. well, if she didn't have a bondmate, then they were in a fair bit more trouble. Thankfully, it seemed that Selva had taken at least a little bit of thought into alternatives. He didn't glance at the PADD until the Vulcan explained what the contents were.

Well, at least that made sense. She'd probably have to pick between the members of the crew. When he glanced down at the PADD, however, he did a double-take.

ESPECIALLY with the comment that she added at the end. Me? Oh, ice and wind... no.

"Er..."

"For most of the names on this list, you are going to encounter a problem. Several of them, Zero Alpha, Gabriel Arthur, Jiseth, Archangel T'Koris, and myself are all already in bonded situation. I am not sure about the other two." He was trying to approach this practically.

Trying was the operative word.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"'Concerns' just doesn't seem to adequately cover everything to do with Zero," Archangel mused aloud.  She sighed quietly, setting her tea cup down on her desk.  "I understand that there's a young man in the Science department who's helping her in her studies.  An Ensign Van Gelder.  You might have seen him hanging around with Ensign th'Zhela.  I received paperwork recently for them to share quarters."  She paused then, wondering how Gabriel would take it if she went out on one last mission before she hung up the mantle of Nemesis.

Rubbing her ridges, she continued:  "If you think it's the best course of action, I think we should probably minimise our own interference in their relationship.  Provide assistance if and when they ask, of course, but try to let them work it out for themselves.  If nothing else, it's a learning experience for them both."

[Ready Room]

Chira had certainly heard quite a bit about one Ensign Van Gelder from Jiseth. Most of it involving boots in his orifices. "I...yeah. I agree. I've not really stuck my nose in it. Good way to get it chopped off, butting into someone's relationship."

Chira set the glass back down, somewhat surprised to see that it was half-empty. Or half-full? "How about you, Arch? How are you getting along?" She glanced off to the side, taking a breath. "I...I read the file you sent. All of it."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:51 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
Chira had certainly heard quite a bit about one Ensign Van Gelder from Jiseth.  Most of it involving boots in his orifices.  "I...yeah.  I agree.  I've not really stuck my nose in it.  Good way to get it chopped off, butting into someone's relationship."  

Chira set the glass back down, somewhat surprised to see that it was half-empty.  Or half-full?  "How about you, Arch?  How are you getting along?"  She glanced off to the side, taking a breath.  "I...I read the file you sent.  All of it."

[Ready Room]

Archangel had been about to comment on the rather imaginative imagery in getting ones nose cut off when it was poked into someone else's business without their permission, but the words died on her tongue as Chira brought up the file that Archangel had given the counsellor access to during their last (and only) session.

She set down her tea cup again, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. "Oh." There didn't seem to be a lot else to say other than that. The restricted section of her psyche file detailed everything that Section 31 knew about the inner workings of her mind, and what they had done to break it. "I feel like I should congratulate you on making it to the end of the file, but I should probably apologise instead."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:45 pm

[CMO's Office]

Scrolling through through the data, Henriks lingered on one person in particular, or persons rather. The tip of his thumb gently rubbed the image that now appeared on his screen, that of his wife and the life growing inside. Another quick tap and the image changed, now showing two small forms. He couldn't even begin to describe the rush of joy he felt when Chira first told him she was expecting. And then when they learned that there would be two little ones, the feeling doubled. Perhaps Teo felt it. The cat rose and stretched, purring loudly like a round of applause. Henriks pulled his foot back, before Teo could lay back down, and stood. He'd spent enough time cooped up for the day. Soon the doors were parting as cat and doctor made their way out.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:21 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Main Engineering]

Gabriel's smile was slightly amused as he watched the interaction between Kaz and Nefen.  The pair seemed to be working together well.  As long as Kaz doesn't demote him further.  Maybe to deck-swab? he thought, moving out of the way so that they had better access to the work area.  The situation wasn't critical, and he was sure the ensigns didn't want a former engineer horning his way in to things.  

"I actually just came down to check on you both, see how you were getting along and settling in.  And, of course, any excuse to see the Engine Room is not to be missed.  I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that, though."  

[Main Engineering]

"Well thank you sir, and thanks for the help tracking down that coupling." Leela was excited to work under Arthur. "Don't worry." Leela ate Gabe on the shoulder. "We'll take good care of the engine room, sir." She then turned to Nefen. "Let me give you a hand with that coupling?"

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."


Last edited by Leela Kaz on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:57 am

[Main Bridge]

Julia had been almost overwhelmed by the complexities of life out here on the front lines of deep space. Following years of research it has taken her by surprise but she seemed to be settling in well. Her superiors seemed to value her opinions and that was important to her. Her colleagues had been indispensable in helping her adapt to her new role. Gavin, in particular, had helped her meet new people on the Phoenix. Overall Julia was still glad she accepted this offer. Life was definitely much more interesting out here.

Julia had spent 4 hours on the bridge getting the ships Science operations prepared for the exploration mission. This was a nice change of pace for Julia; especially following that diplomatic debacle. Julia had been experiencing trouble with some of the sensors. The lateral sensor array had called a type L planet an Type M planet; that could of been a problematic. Julia recalibrated the sensor array in an effort to gather the most accurate information during the duration of the mission.

As she finished re-aligning the sensor array something interesting appeared on her sensors. Oh my god, not again. Julia thought. She believed that she had fixed everything and now they are throwing crazy readings again. She tapped a few controls to verify alignment. God Damn it. Julia thought to herself, she knew exactly what she was seeing. A star is collapsing. At that point Julia wasn't 100% certain but she was relatively certain. Before sounding the alarm she took one moment to run some calculations to ensure this was accurate. Julia began to murmur to herself. "This isn't possible." The odds of seeing a star collapse are so astronomically low that she still believed the sensors were lying to her. But there sat the data.

Lieutenant Sheridan, I'm detecting a collapsing about 125 Light years form our current position. It appears to be in the final stages of collapse.

=/\="Lieutenant Rellek to the Captain and Commander Arthur. Sirs, you may want to join us out here on the bridge."=/\=

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:10 am


Lieutenant Selva

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos politely nodded. well, if she didn't have a bondmate, then they were in a fair bit more trouble. Thankfully, it seemed that Selva had taken at least a little bit of thought into alternatives. He didn't glance at the PADD until the Vulcan explained what the contents were.

Well, at least that made sense. She'd probably have to pick between the members of the crew. When he glanced down at the PADD, however, he did a double-take.

ESPECIALLY with the comment that she added at the end. Me? Oh, ice and wind... no.

"Er..."

"For most of the names on this list, you are going to encounter a problem. Several of them, Zero Alpha, Gabriel Arthur, Jiseth, Archangel T'Koris, and myself are all already in bonded situation. I am not sure about the other two." He was trying to approach this practically.

Trying was the operative word.

[Sickbay]

"Yes..." Selva said, frowning slightly. "You can see where the solution is not as simple as would appear. The pon farr is an evolutionary redundancy to ensure the propagation of the Vulcan species...I am unsure if it can even be sated by a female."

The Vulcan steepled two fingers in front of her lower lip, staring at them in concentration. "There are other possibilities. But those involve a violent resolution, and I do not believe that to be a logical step toward crew harmony."

Henriks Abols wrote:
The cat rose and stretched, purring loudly like a round of applause. Henriks pulled his foot back, before Teo could lay back down, and stood. He'd spent enough time cooped up for the day. Soon the doors were parting as cat and doctor made their way out.

Selva glanced down at the floor as a little ball of fur came darting out of the CMO's office, followed by the CMO himself. She would never admit it, but cats made a strange sensation well up in her heart. It was not unlike 'joy', or at least what she imagined joy to feel like. "Ah. Doctor Abols. I believe your opinion may be of value in this situation," she said, informing the man of everything in a low, conspiratorial voice.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:17 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel had been about to comment on the rather imaginative imagery in getting ones nose cut off when it was poked into someone else's business without their permission, but the words died on her tongue as Chira brought up the file that Archangel had given the counsellor access to during their last (and only) session.

She set down her tea cup again, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.  "Oh."  There didn't seem to be a lot else to say other than that.  The restricted section of her psyche file detailed everything that Section 31 knew about the inner workings of her mind, and what they had done to break it.  "I feel like I should congratulate you on making it to the end of the file, but I should probably apologise instead."

[Ready Room]

"No," Chira quickly said, shaking her head. "Someone needs to be delivering apologies, but it sure isn't you." She sighed, feeling the weight of that dreadful knowledge dragging down her heart, even now. "I...had an inkling. Just bits here and there, things I picked up from Gabriel, but...I didn't know the full extent, Arch. The...the Section," she said, unwilling to speak their name out loud, "Sovereign, all of it. It's no wonder Gabe turns into a monster dog lunging at a chain at the mention of people like that..."

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Lieutenant Rellek to the Captain and Commander Arthur. Sirs, you may want to join us out here on the bridge."=/\=

The sound of the incoming message made Chira jump a little. She wondered how Archangel put up with the possibility of those animals coming out of every shadow. Granted, paranoia was a way of life with Romulans, but Archangel had not exactly been raised among them. "I guess that's for you," she smiled apologetically. "We'll have to continue this later."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Lieutenant Rellek to the Captain and Commander Arthur. Sirs, you may want to join us out here on the bridge."=/\=

Chira Abols wrote:
"No," Chira quickly said, shaking her head.  "Someone needs to be delivering apologies, but it sure isn't you."  She sighed, feeling the weight of that dreadful knowledge dragging down her heart, even now.  "I...had an inkling.  Just bits here and there, things I picked up from Gabriel, but...I didn't know the full extent, Arch.  The...the Section," she said, unwilling to speak their name out loud, "Sovereign, all of it.  It's no wonder Gabe turns into a monster dog lunging at a chain at the mention of people like that..."

The sound of the incoming message made Chira jump a little.  She wondered how Archangel put up with the possibility of those animals coming out of every shadow.  Granted, paranoia was a way of life with Romulans, but Archangel had not exactly been raised among them.  "I guess that's for you," she smiled apologetically.  "We'll have to continue this later."

[Ready Room]

Archangel managed a faint smile, although there was no humour in the expression. There could be no humour in the subject that they were discussing. There never had been and there never would be. Her expression then turned distinctly uncomfortable.

"Gabriel's the one who suffers the most from it," she murmured. "I can see it every time I come back. He-"

Her sentence was interrupted by the call from the bridge, and she rose to her feet. With an inclination of her head, she lifted one shoulder in a half shrug. "Duty calls, Counsellor," she said apologetically before leaving her ready room.

[Bridge]

Moving over to the science station on the bridge, Archangel nodded to the young woman manning it. "Report, Lieutenant."


_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Well thank you sir, and thanks for the help tracking down that coupling." Leela was excited to work under Arthur. "Don't worry." Leela ate Gabe on the shoulder. "We'll take good care of the engine room, sir." She then turned to Nefen. "Let me give you a hand with that coupling?"

[Engine Room]

"I know you will.  You're the best, or you wouldn't be here," Gabriel replied, standing aside and letting the two engineers get back to their work.  He certainly didn't want to look like the guy who stayed too long at the dance.  "Well, my door's always op --"

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Lieutenant Rellek to the Captain and Commander Arthur. Sirs, you may want to join us out here on the bridge."=/\=

Fun while it lasted, Gabriel thought, tapping his badge.  "Arthur to bridge, acknowledged and on my way.  Arthur out."  He smiled and nodded at the engineering officers.  "The bridge calls.  Good luck!"

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Bridge]

Moving over to the science station on the bridge, Archangel nodded to the young woman manning it.  "Report, Lieutenant."


The Captain stood over Julia's shoulder. Julia would never have admitted it aloud but she was intimidated by the Captain. She never could pin down why. There was just something about Captain T'Koris.

"Ma'am, We've detected what I believe to be red giant on the verge of going supernova. I'm getting erratic readings from the star. There seems to be intense flair indicating the depletion of all of the hydrogen. There are several surrounding systems that could be affected. I'm also detecting a Type L planet and a Type M moon in a nearby system. Sensors cant get a lock on lifesigns at this distance." Julia paused and looked over her shoulder. "Captain, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how rare this is. I would respectfully requests that; if it can be safely done; we investigate. We would only be the 6th crew in federation history to witness this phenomena."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:


[Main Engineering]

"Well thank you sir, and thanks for the help tracking down that coupling." Leela was excited to work under Arthur. "Don't worry." Leela ate Gabe on the shoulder. "We'll take good care of the engine room, sir." She then turned to Nefen. "Let me give you a hand with that coupling?"

Tufezr nodded his consent to the help, attempting to fit the coupling in behind the secure access panel. Obviously, Starfleet ship designers were obsessed with making large or tall people uncomfortable, since not only were the Jeffries Tubes a ridiculously small size but the area where couplings needed to be fitted as well. "Your hands are...probably smaller than mine, so you might have better luck with this."

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Engine Room]

"I know you will. You're the best, or you wouldn't be here," Gabriel replied, standing aside and letting the two engineers get back to their work. He certainly didn't want to look like the guy who stayed too long at the dance. "Well, my door's always op --"

Fun while it lasted, Gabriel thought, tapping his badge. "Arthur to bridge, acknowledged and on my way. Arthur out." He smiled and nodded at the engineering officers. "The bridge calls. Good luck!"

The Trill looked up and smiled at the Commander, waving congenially before he left. "And to you, sir. By the way, let Seika know she's still a Deputy Engineer if she ever needs something to do besides pull apart holositters."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
The Captain stood over Julia's shoulder. Julia would never have admitted it aloud but she was intimidated by the Captain. She never could pin down why. There was just something about Captain T'Koris.

"Ma'am, We've detected what I believe to be red giant on the verge of going supernova. I'm getting erratic readings from the star. There seems to be intense flair indicating the depletion of all of the hydrogen.  There are several surrounding systems that could be affected. I'm also detecting a Type L planet and a Type M moon in a nearby system. Sensors cant get a lock on lifesigns at this distance." Julia paused and looked over her shoulder. "Captain, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how rare this is. I would respectfully requests that; if it can be safely done; we investigate. We would only be the 6th crew in federation history to witness this phenomena."

[Bridge]

Archangel let the use of 'ma'am' slide given that the officer in front of her was still relatively new to the ship. She couldn't remember whether or not she had informed Lieutenant Rellek that she disliked the use of that honourific. Instead, she concentrated on what the young woman was saying.

"A supernova, hm? Well, we are supposed to be exploring and discovering." She turned her attention to the rest of the bridge. "Lieutenant, send coordinates of the supernova to the helm. Keep an eye on the sensors and get lifesign readings as soon as you can. Tactical, ensure that our shields are functioning at their peak. And someone send a message to the April that we're going to have to either delay our meeting or change the rendezvous point."


_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

The Trill looked up and smiled at the Commander, waving congenially before he left. "And to you, sir. By the way, let Seika know she's still a Deputy Engineer if she ever needs something to do besides pull apart holositters."

[Engineering]

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be seeing more of her," Gabriel chuckled as he left. "Especially as she gets better and better at dismantling holograms." It was amusing that Seika still considered herself a Deputy Engineer. Gabe had named her that, years ago, even before he and Archangel had been together. Back when he was on incidental babysitting duty, it had been a way to get her to always wear a commbadge for easy location.

Archangel wrote:
Archangel let the use of 'ma'am' slide given that the officer in front of her was still relatively new to the ship. She couldn't remember whether or not she had informed Lieutenant Rellek that she disliked the use of that honourific. Instead, she concentrated on what the young woman was saying.

"A supernova, hm? Well, we are supposed to be exploring and discovering." She turned her attention to the rest of the bridge. "Lieutenant, send coordinates of the supernova to the helm. Keep an eye on the sensors and get lifesign readings as soon as you can. Tactical, ensure that our shields are functioning at their peak. And someone send a message to the April that we're going to have to either delay our meeting or change the rendezvous point."

[Bridge]

Gabe picked up on the gist of the conversation on the fly, making his way out of the lift and to the front of the bridge to join his wife. Supernova, hm? It wasn't something that one saw any day of the star-week, that was for sure. And, in a way, it felt good to focus on exploration, for once. "Can't we just give Mr. Personality the wrong coordinates?" Gabriel asked, his voice low. He wasn't...a fan...of the captain of the April.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:


Tufezr nodded his consent to the help, attempting to fit the coupling in behind the secure access panel. Obviously, Starfleet ship designers were obsessed with making large or tall people uncomfortable, since not only were the Jeffries Tubes a ridiculously small size but the area where couplings needed to be fitted as well. "Your hands are...probably smaller than mine, so you might have better luck with this."

"My hands are definitely smaller." Leela laughed as she took the power coupling and maneuvered her body under the console and began to work on replacing the equipment. Whole she was under the console she decided to take a moment to get to know Nefen better. She had presumed he was joined based on some comments she had heard him make. "So, Nefen, how many lives has your symbiont had?

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:12 am

Leela Kaz wrote:


"My hands are definitely smaller." Leela laughed as she took the power coupling and maneuvered her body under the console and began to work on replacing the equipment. Whole she was under the console she decided to take a moment to get to know Nefen better. She had presumed he was joined based on some comments she had heard him make. "So, Nefen, how many lives has your symbiont had?

Tufezr appreciated the help, and made sure to nod again before vocalizing his gratitude. "Thank you, Leela." He realized that he didn't know her well, and wondered if she knew anything about him. Being jsut an Ensign, it wasn't likely she read up on his file, but could she have asked around amongst the crew? Again not likely, but not impossible. She seemed to have the same ideas as him, when she asked her question, and he smiled, all too happy to answer.

"Sixteen, amazingly all of them Engineers of some sort, whether it be architecturally, scientifically, mathematically, in a classroom, or even here on a starship. I'm the first to have joined Starfleet, however. Most of my symbiont's previous hosts managed to remain on Trilius Prime, but again all were Engineers. It comes in handy around here, and often times it's interesting to wonder if it's coincidence or not."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:14 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe picked up on the gist of the conversation on the fly, making his way out of the lift and to the front of the bridge to join his wife.  Supernova, hm?  It wasn't something that one saw any day of the star-week, that was for sure.  And, in a way, it felt good to focus on exploration, for once.  "Can't we just give Mr. Personality the wrong coordinates?" Gabriel asked, his voice low.  He wasn't...a fan...of the captain of the April.

[Bridge]

Archangel couldn't stop the faint smile that crossed her face every time Gabriel walked onto the bridge, turning slightly to include him in the conversation she was having with their young and upcoming science officer.

The mention of the captain of the April, however, caused a subtle change in her expression. It became a little more forced, faked rather than the faint but genuine smile she had been wearing before.

"Now, now, Commander. Salek's earned his stripes just like any other captain and we should respect that. Plus, giving him the wrong coordinates means that we'll have to sit and listen to him berate us for our mistake when he eventually finds us."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:09 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Bridge]

Archangel let the use of 'ma'am' slide given that the officer in front of her was still relatively new to the ship.  She couldn't remember whether or not she had informed Lieutenant Rellek that she disliked the use of that honourific.  Instead, she concentrated on what the young woman was saying.  

"A supernova, hm?  Well, we are supposed to be exploring and discovering."  She turned her attention to the rest of the bridge.  "Lieutenant, send coordinates of the supernova to the helm.  Keep an eye on the sensors and get lifesign readings as soon as you can.  Tactical, ensure that our shields are functioning at their peak.  And someone send a message to the April that we're going to have to either delay our meeting or change the rendezvous point."


"Aye Captain." Julia said with a big smile beaming across her face. She quickly tapped her console and moved the coordinates to the helm. "Sir, I'll let you know as soon as I can get a clean sensor lock. So we can check for lifesigns." Julia was excited that the Captain had opted to explore. This really was a rare event and to be able to observe and document it first hand was a true privilege.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:43 am

Tufezr Nefen wrote:


Tufezr appreciated the help, and made sure to nod again before vocalizing his gratitude. "Thank you, Leela." He realized that he didn't know her well, and wondered if she knew anything about him. Being jsut an Ensign, it wasn't likely she read up on his file, but could she have asked around amongst the crew? Again not likely, but not impossible. She seemed to have the same ideas as him, when she asked her question, and he smiled, all too happy to answer.

"Sixteen, amazingly all of them Engineers of some sort, whether it be architecturally, scientifically, mathematically, in a classroom, or even here on a starship. I'm the first to have joined Starfleet, however. Most of my symbiont's previous hosts managed to remain on Trilius Prime, but again all were Engineers. It comes in handy around here, and often times it's interesting to wonder if it's coincidence or not."

[Main Engineering]

Sixteen? How does he even keep that straight? She thought to herself as he spoke and she continued to work on the power coupling. "Its amazing how much influence the Symbiont can have. I am the 8th host for Katz. Not all the hosts were engineers but I do have one Warp Engine Designer and another who was a Starship Designer. Truth be told, I didn't plan on joining Starfleet until joining."

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am

NPC wrote:

Lieutenant Selva
[Sickbay]

"Yes..." Selva said, frowning slightly.  "You can see where the solution is not as simple as would appear.  The pon farr is an evolutionary redundancy to ensure the propagation of the Vulcan species...I am unsure if it can even be sated by a female."

The Vulcan steepled two fingers in front of her lower lip, staring at them in concentration.  "There are other possibilities.  But those involve a violent resolution, and I do not believe that to be a logical step toward crew harmony."



Selva glanced down at the floor as a little ball of fur came darting out of the CMO's office, followed by the CMO himself.  She would never admit it, but cats made a strange sensation well up in her heart.  It was not unlike 'joy', or at least what she imagined joy to feel like.  "Ah.  Doctor Abols.  I believe your opinion may be of value in this situation," she said, informing the man of everything in a low, conspiratorial voice.

[Sickbay]

Henriks greeted the two with a quick smile and a "sveiki" and Teo with a short chirp before disappearing into the corridor. When he first got the cat, Teo wasn't allowed out of their quarters. But when they were transferred to a station, Henriks gave the cat free reign. Teo had no intention of giving that up.

Cat gone, Henriks' attention turned completely to the two blueshirts. One was an Adorian, one of the medical staff, and the other a Vulcan, who much have been from science seeing as she didn't belong to medical. Vulcans weren't a common sight in sickbay, but not illogical. Even so, he wasn't expecting her reason for her visit.

"It seems we have our work cut out for us," he commented after she finished. Pon farr meant that her hormone and endorphin levels would be dangerously high. Henriks began racking his mind for possible solutions, which was going to be incredibly difficult. Pon farr was something incredibly private among Vulcans, and the situation had to be incredibly dire for them to even consider discussing it with others. That being said, non-Vulcan doctors knew little. "How long have you been experiencing the -er- symptoms?"

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign


Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 392
Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:07 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:


[Sickbay]

Henriks greeted the two with a quick smile and a "sveiki" and Teo with a short chirp before disappearing into the corridor. When he first got the cat, Teo wasn't allowed out of their quarters. But when they were transferred to a station, Henriks gave the cat free reign. Teo had no intention of giving that up.

Cat gone, Henriks' attention turned completely to the two blueshirts. One was an Adorian, one of the medical staff, and the other a Vulcan, who much have been from science seeing as she didn't belong to medical. Vulcans weren't a common sight in sickbay, but not illogical. Even so, he wasn't expecting her reason for her visit.

"It seems we have our work cut out for us," he commented after she finished. Pon farr meant that her hormone and endorphin levels would be dangerously high. Henriks began racking his mind for possible solutions, which was going to be incredibly difficult. Pon farr was something incredibly private among Vulcans, and the situation had to be incredibly dire for them to even consider discussing it with others. That being said, non-Vulcan doctors knew little. "How long have you been experiencing the -er- symptoms?"

[Sickbay]

Thelos was highly relieved to have Henriks in on this issue... so long as it meant that he didn't have to deal with Selva trying to sleep with him. What a twisted turn of events, he thought to himself.

When Henriks asked a question, he actually interjected. "Evidently several weeks, although she told me that she's been attempting to control it with meditation." He didn't intend to be rude- he just wanted to avoid rehashing the previous ten minutes of conversation.

The Andorian looked at Selva. "Do you want me to show him your list?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm


Lieutenant Selva

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks greeted the two with a quick smile and a "sveiki" and Teo with a short chirp before disappearing into the corridor. When he first got the cat, Teo wasn't allowed out of their quarters. But when they were transferred to a station, Henriks gave the cat free reign. Teo had no intention of giving that up.

Cat gone, Henriks' attention turned completely to the two blueshirts. One was an Adorian, one of the medical staff, and the other a Vulcan, who much have been from science seeing as she didn't belong to medical. Vulcans weren't a common sight in sickbay, but not illogical. Even so, he wasn't expecting her reason for her visit.

"It seems we have our work cut out for us," he commented after she finished. Pon farr meant that her hormone and endorphin levels would be dangerously high. Henriks began racking his mind for possible solutions, which was going to be incredibly difficult. Pon farr was something incredibly private among Vulcans, and the situation had to be incredibly dire for them to even consider discussing it with others. That being said, non-Vulcan doctors knew little. "How long have you been experiencing the -er- symptoms?"

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Thelos was highly relieved to have Henriks in on this issue... so long as it meant that he didn't have to deal with Selva trying to sleep with him. What a twisted turn of events, he thought to himself.

When Henriks asked a question, he actually interjected. "Evidently several weeks, although she told me that she's been attempting to control it with meditation." He didn't intend to be rude- he just wanted to avoid rehashing the previous ten minutes of conversation.

The Andorian looked at Selva. "Do you want me to show him your list?"

[Sickbay]

The Vulcan opened her mouth to reply to Doctor Abols, but then the Andorian interrupted. She tamped down a slight tinge of irritation, reminding herself that Andorians were an impetuous, passionate people, and likely weren't the best at manners.

However, Thelos got the point across, so Selva only nodded. "Doctor th'Zhela is correct. I believe that I am reaching a point at which meditation may not stave off the effects of it. On that," she sad, inclining her head toward the padd, "is a list of crew members that, through genetics or life experience, would stand up to a mating with a Vulcanoid."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel couldn't stop the faint smile that crossed her face every time Gabriel walked onto the bridge, turning slightly to include him in the conversation she was having with their young and upcoming science officer.

The mention of the captain of the April, however, caused a subtle change in her expression.  It became a little more forced, faked rather than the faint but genuine smile she had been wearing before.

"Now, now, Commander.  Salek's earned his stripes just like any other captain and we should respect that.  Plus, giving him the wrong coordinates means that we'll have to sit and listen to him berate us for our mistake when he eventually finds us."

[Bridge]

"Hrm," Gabriel grinned, slipping into the secondary chair.  "Fair enough...and being berated by the full lexicon of Vulcan terms of disappointment might take more time than we've got..."

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Aye Captain." Julia said with a big smile beaming across her face. She quickly tapped her console and moved the coordinates to the helm. "Sir, I'll let you know as soon as I can get a clean sensor lock. So we can check for lifesigns." Julia was excited that the Captain had opted to explore. This really was a rare event and to be able to observe and document it first hand was a true privilege.

An inter-departmental message came through to Gabriel's padd, and he opened it.  The message pertained to one Julia Rellek, their newly-promoted Lieutenant jay-gee.  "Interesting," he murmured, seeing that Archangel had received the very same.  Gabriel got up again, sidling over to the Sciences station.  "Some news, Julia," he said, showing her the padd.  "It seems that Lieutenant Selva has placed herself on immediate medical leave, pending the CMO's approval...that makes you acting Science Officer for now."  He smiled, placing a hand on the young girl's shoulder.  "I know you'll knock it out of the park."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:40 am

[Sickbay]

The moment Henriks asked the question, the mood in sickbay seemed to shift dramatically, though it remained just as tense. For a moment, it felt like time had frozen, but in reality it was perhaps only a split second before Thelos broke the silence to respond.

Several weeks already? That was quite a long time to deal with the effects alone, Henriks already told her. But being Vulcan, she would already know that and berating her for it wasn't in him, nor would it help the situation any. At least she finally had come seeking assistance, he told himself. Hopefully it wasn't too late to do anything.

After Thelos finished, Selva replied, giving supplemental information.

Quote :

Vulcanoid Pairings:
Archangel T'Koris
T'Mir
Jiseth
Safefta Pardek

Non-Vulcanoids of Adequate Conditioning:
Zero Alpha
Gabriel Arthur
Thelos th'Zhela

Henriks quickly read through the names, both brows going slightly upwards in surprise. Of the seven names listed, only three were really available. And Thelos was one of them. He gave the medical officer a brief look, but didn't actually say anything. "Have you approached any of the other names on the list?" Henriks asked. "Is there any chance a hologram program would work?" he asked, after pausing for a moment, the Vulcan Tuvok coming to mind.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:


[Bridge]

An inter-departmental message came through to Gabriel's padd, and he opened it.  The message pertained to one Julia Rellek, their newly-promoted Lieutenant jay-gee.  "Interesting," he murmured, seeing that Archangel had received the very same.  Gabriel got up again, sidling over to the Sciences station.  "Some news, Julia," he said, showing her the padd.  "It seems that Lieutenant Selva has placed herself on immediate medical leave, pending the CMO's approval...that makes you acting Science Officer for now."  He smiled, placing a hand on the young girl's shoulder.  "I know you'll knock it out of the park."

[Bridge]

"Aye sir. Thank you for your support. I will commit my best to you. Please send my regards to Lieutenant Selva. I wish her a speedy recovery." Julia said. Chief Science Officer. I'll be damned. Julia was apprehensive but excited at the same time. Although the circumstances were sad. She was genuinely concerned for Selva's well being, however, her CO wouldn't care to know that. Deep down Julia knew she could execute this assignment and she was ready to take it on.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives-
Jump to: