Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Yesterday at 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:50 am

Mira wrote:


The program rolled her eyes again at the Ferengi as she also climbed back to her feet.  "You got a scratch.  Well done, Rama.  Had I actually been human, I would be in sickbay's surgery suite right now, but that doesn't matter.  I don't have the subroutines necessary to know how to bend the rules properly!"

As Rama made it to his feet he moved toward Mira and wrapped an arm around her. "Starfleet, I have a lot to teach you about bending the rules. But not to worry... You have the right teacher. I better get to sickbay so the doctor can confirm your diagnosis that I'm not going to die. No offense but I don't trust a security officers medical diagnosis."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Mira



Posts : 133
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:40 am

Rama wrote:
As Rama made it to his feet he moved toward Mira and wrapped an arm around her. "Starfleet, I have a lot to teach you about bending the rules. But not to worry... You have the right teacher. I better get to sickbay so the doctor can confirm your diagnosis that I'm not going to die. No offense but I don't trust a security officers medical diagnosis."

Looking down at the Ferengi with a somewhat confused expression on her face, Mira tilted her head to one side. "Um... I'm a security officer, or rather I'm supposed to be. Surely the whole point of my being is to make sure that the rules are obeyed and not bent?" she queried before becoming offended. "Excuse me, I was based off the Emergency Medical Hologram! I can make a simple diagnosis like that!"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Mira wrote:


Looking down at the Ferengi with a somewhat confused expression on her face, Mira tilted her head to one side.  "Um... I'm a security officer, or rather I'm supposed to be.  Surely the whole point of my being is to make sure that the rules are obeyed and not bent?" she queried before becoming offended.  "Excuse me, I was based off the Emergency Medical Hologram!  I can make a simple diagnosis like that!"

"Well then get on with the dermal... dermal... regenerating?" Rama was surprised that the hologram inflexibility. "Starfleet. My friend. Sometimes in order to accomplish a goal rules may need bent. Not necessarily broken, just bent. Let me put it to you this way. You will likely encounter a situation, at some point in your career, when someone's life will hinge on split second reactions. Will you stop and ask permission? Will you stop saving a life to call in you report. Because according to protocol away team personnel should check in every five minutes. Listen Starfleet, I think its great that you are so dedicated to the rule of law. But sometimes you have to take a calculated risk. Sometimes you have to act now and think later. I would hate for you to be so rigid and inflexible that you are unable to adapt to situations as they develop. Life isn't a holo program. There is no script."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Mira



Posts : 133
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:29 pm

Rama wrote:
"Well then get on with the dermal... dermal... regenerating?" Rama was surprised that the hologram inflexibility. "Starfleet. My friend. Sometimes in order to accomplish a goal rules may need bent. Not necessarily broken, just bent. Let me put it to you this way. You will likely encounter a situation, at some point in your career, when someone's life will hinge on split second reactions. Will you stop and ask permission? Will you stop saving a life to call in you report. Because according to protocol away team personnel should check in every five minutes. Listen Starfleet, I think its great that you are so dedicated to the rule of law. But sometimes you have to take a calculated risk. Sometimes you have to act now and think later. I would hate for you to be so rigid and inflexible that you are unable to adapt to situations as they develop. Life isn't a holo program. There is no script."

For a moment, Mira remained silent, trying to think of a manner to phrase her thoughts that (hopefully) wouldn't offend the Ferengi. He seemed to be forgetting her very nature, that every element of her behaviour, movement and speech was dictated by a series of subroutines that didn't always come out with the right logic for the situation.

"Rama... I'm a hologram," she reminded him gently. "I don't have the same mental processes as you organics. I have some element of adaptability, but it's very limited."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Mira wrote:


For a moment, Mira remained silent, trying to think of a manner to phrase her thoughts that (hopefully) wouldn't offend the Ferengi.  He seemed to be forgetting her very nature, that every element of her behaviour, movement and speech was dictated by a series of subroutines that didn't always come out with the right logic for the situation.

"Pshhh." Rama swung his hand in a dismissive motion. "It may take time but you'll get there. And in the meantime you'll have your friend and lovely barkeep to help you out. Now do me a favor and help me to sickbay. My face hurts!"

"Rama... I'm a hologram," she reminded him gently.  "I don't have the same mental processes as you organics.  I have some element of adaptability, but it's very limited."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Mira



Posts : 133
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Rama wrote:
"Pshhh." Rama swung his hand in a dismissive motion. "It may take time but you'll get there. And in the meantime you'll have your friend and lovely barkeep to help you out. Now do me a favor and help me to sickbay. My face hurts!"

Mira rolled her eyes at the Ferengi, but decided against saying anything against his words. There wasn't any point. She was beginning to learn that this particular humanoid was a stubborn one and unlikely to listen to any protestations that she had. Instead, she folded her arms behind her back and escorted Rama to the station's medical facilities.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:26 pm

[Another Day...]

It was hard not to flinch as a coterie of gold-shirted Starfleet security officers passed by Garen Arthur. They were a prim little gagge. He wouldn't be surprised if they stopped to preen each other's feathers. Thankfully, the officers passed by him without a second glance. And why should they? This isn't freespace...this is the heart of a Federation installation. Deep behind the walls. Garen suppressed a small sigh, turning a corner. He genuinely hoped that he didn't run into his brother. Well, not that it'd be bad to see Gabe again, but...he could do without that ice queen the poor kid was married to.

A smattering of light, noise, and laughter up ahead caught Garen's attention, a small smile touching his lips. At least this place had a damn bar. He nodded to a motley collection of aliens and a few Starfleeters as he sidled up to the bar, settling his lanky frame onto the stool.

"Hit me with a supernova."

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:
[Another Day...]

It was hard not to flinch as a coterie of gold-shirted Starfleet security officers passed by Garen Arthur.  They were a prim little gagge.  He wouldn't be surprised if they stopped to preen each other's feathers.  Thankfully, the officers passed by him without a second glance.  And why should they?  This isn't freespace...this is the heart of a Federation installation.  Deep behind the walls.  Garen suppressed a small sigh, turning a corner.  He genuinely hoped that he didn't run into his brother.  Well, not that it'd be bad to see Gabe again, but...he could do without that ice queen the poor kid was married to.  

A smattering of light, noise, and laughter up ahead caught Garen's attention, a small smile touching his lips.  At least this place had a damn bar.  He nodded to a motley collection of aliens and a few Starfleeters as he sidled up to the bar, settling his lanky frame onto the stool.  

"Hit me with a supernova."

Rama noticed an interesting character gracing the entrance. He seemed out of place. He was a human in civilian clothing among a sea of Starfleet uniforms. He seemed to be examining the gold shirts as they passed by him. Assessing their potential threat. Rama knew the glare all too well. He smiled. My kind of man. Rama let out a slight chuckle as the figure approached the bar and placed an order.

"Of course." Rama flipped a glass from behind the bar and quickly mixed the concoction. "Here you go. First one is always on the house."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Rama wrote:

Rama noticed an interesting character gracing the entrance. He seemed out of place. He was a human in civilian clothing among a sea of Starfleet uniforms. He seemed to be examining the gold shirts as they passed by him. Assessing their potential threat. Rama knew the glare all too well. He smiled. My kind of man. Rama let out a slight chuckle as the figure approached the bar and placed an order.

"Of course." Rama flipped a glass from behind the bar and quickly mixed the concoction. "Here you go. First one is always on the house."

Eyebrow raised, Garen gave the Ferengi a slightly-lopsided grin and nodded as the drink slid over his direction. The smell of the drink filled his nostrils, opening his sinuses with an alcoholic flair. "Well, this place passes the first test," he said, tossing it back with a long pull. "You do know how to mix a damn supernova."

The drink burned the whole way down, sending a pleasant shiver to the base of his spine. "So," Garen said, watching the room as he made conversation, "what brings you to work an installation like this? And don't tell me that Federation credits are just as good as latinum..."

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:


Eyebrow raised, Garen gave the Ferengi a slightly-lopsided grin and nodded as the drink slid over his direction.  The smell of the drink filled his nostrils, opening his sinuses with an alcoholic flair.  "Well, this place passes the first test," he said, tossing it back with a long pull.  "You do know how to mix a damn supernova."

The drink burned the whole way down, sending a pleasant shiver to the base of his spine.  "So," Garen said, watching the room as he made conversation, "what brings you to work an installation like this?  And don't tell me that Federation credits are just as good as latinum..."  

Rama scratched one of his lobes and flashed a mischievous grin. He grabbed his rag and began to wipe down the bar. He always found it gave him an opportunity to linger. He waived dismissively at the mention of the humans, Starfleet and their credits. "Pshh! Hew-Mons. Starfleet." He hissed slightly under his breathe. "Credits! You know. I had to follow the 75th rule of acquisition; home is where the heart is but the stars are made of latinum. I was able to save just enough money to move here and buy this establishment. The damned hew-mons and their rules... no offense of course." Rama leaned in very close across the bar and lowered voice to a whisper. "And I'm making money hand over fist under their noses." He laughed and gave Garen a celebratory slap on the chest.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Rama wrote:


Rama scratched one of his lobes and flashed a mischievous grin. He grabbed his rag and began to wipe down the bar. He always found it gave him an opportunity to linger. He waived dismissively at the mention of the humans, Starfleet and their credits. "Pshh! Hew-Mons. Starfleet." He hissed slightly under his breathe. "Credits! You know. I had to follow the 75th rule of acquisition; home is where the heart is but the stars are made of latinum. I was able to save just enough money to move here and buy this establishment. The damned hew-mons and their rules... no offense of course." Rama leaned in very close across the bar and lowered voice to a whisper. "And I'm making money hand over fist under their noses." He laughed and gave Garen a celebratory slap on the chest.

It was hard not to roll his eyes, as Garen often did when Ferengi started going on about their rules. At least, the few he'd dealt with in his career had always been ready to list the damn things. This one didn't appear to be much different. "Er...none taken," he said, momentarily distracted by a particularly good-looking gold-shirted woman. "I'm Garen, by the way. Captain of the Plutonia."

He slid the now-empty glass back toward the barkeep. "You can refill it. Might as well start a tab for me...I might be here a while." Garen glanced to one side, and then back to the Ferengi. "Money under whose noses? And what kind of money?"

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:


It was hard not to roll his eyes, as Garen often did when Ferengi started going on about their rules.  At least, the few he'd dealt with in his career had always been ready to list the damn things.  This one didn't appear to be much different.  "Er...none taken," he said, momentarily distracted by a particularly good-looking gold-shirted woman.  "I'm Garen, by the way.  Captain of the Plutonia."  

He slid the now-empty glass back toward the barkeep.  "You can refill it.  Might as well start a tab for me...I might be here a while."  Garen glanced to one side, and then back to the Ferengi.  "Money under whose noses?  And what kind of money?"

Rama backed up a bit and made his new customer antoher drink. He set the drink I front of Garen. "Rama. Owner and operator of this fine establishment." He pasued and poured a drink for himself. He began to sip on the beverage as he leaned back in. "Latinum... and lots of it. All under the nose of these Hew-Mons!"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Rama wrote:

Rama backed up a bit and made his new customer antoher drink. He set the drink I front of Garen. "Rama. Owner and operator of this fine establishment." He pasued and poured a drink for himself. He began to sip on the beverage as he leaned back in. "Latinum... and lots of it. All under the nose of these Hew-Mons!"

Accepting the drink with a nod, Garen tossed it back, consigning it to a fate much like its predecessor. He shivered a second time, although the drinks were starting to make him settle into a more mellow mood. Every once in a while, he would see a flash of green around a corner, and the instinct to duck under the bar had to be defeated as he realized that there wasn't likely to be a large gathering of Orions on a Federation base.

"And how do you funnel latinum into your own pockets in a place like this, Mr. Rama?" Garen asked, one brow cocked in amusement.

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:


Accepting the drink with a nod, Garen tossed it back, consigning it to a fate much like its predecessor.  He shivered a second time, although the drinks were starting to make him settle into a more mellow mood.  Every once in a while, he would see a flash of green around a corner, and the instinct to duck under the bar had to be defeated as he realized that there wasn't likely to be a large gathering of Orions on a Federation base.

"And how do you funnel latinum into your own pockets in a place like this, Mr. Rama?" Garen asked, one brow cocked in amusement.

Rama let out a laugh and pointed at Garen. "You're good. You don't really expect me to tell you all of my secrets? Do you?" He poured another drink for the human and slid it across the bar. "Let's just say... I have my ways. Its a big station and a lot of people come and go."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Rama wrote:


Rama let out a laugh and pointed at Garen. "You're good. You don't really expect me to tell you all of my secrets? Do you?" He poured another drink for the human and slid it across the bar. "Let's just say... I have my ways. Its a big station and a lot of people come and go."

Returning Rama's laugh, Garen accepted yet another drink, swallowing it down. Yep, they were starting to go down pretty easy, now. Probably time to slow it up a bit. The very pleasant buzzing sensation in his skull concurred.

"No, I don't expect you to tell me everything. At least, not for free..." Garen set the glass down, a little harder than he needed to. Damn if he wasn't getting drunk! Idiot...keep hold of your senses. You're not safe...not even here. "Lotta people come and go, huh?" he asked, holding his hand over the glass to indicate that he was done for now. "What exactly do they come here, for? Is it mostly Starfleet?"

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 am

Garen Arthur wrote:


Returning Rama's laugh, Garen accepted yet another drink, swallowing it down.  Yep, they were starting to go down pretty easy, now.  Probably time to slow it up a bit.  The very pleasant buzzing sensation in his skull concurred.  

"No, I don't expect you to tell me everything.  At least, not for free..."  Garen set the glass down, a little harder than he needed to.  Damn if he wasn't getting drunk!  Idiot...keep hold of your senses.  You're not safe...not even here.  "Lotta people come and go, huh?" he asked, holding his hand over the glass to indicate that he was done for now.  "What exactly do they come here, for?  Is it mostly Starfleet?"

"People are mostly just passing through. Its mostly Starfleet. But a lot of other people pass through as well." He moved the glass from the bar and poured another for the human. "The Hew-Mons come in and they drink. The more they drink, the more they talk. The more they talk, the more they say things that im not supposed to hear."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Rama wrote:

"People are mostly just passing through. Its mostly Starfleet. But a lot of other people pass through as well." He moved the glass from the bar and poured another for the human. "The Hew-Mons come in and they drink. The more they drink, the more they talk. The more they talk, the more they say things that im not supposed to hear."

Garen cocked an eyebrow as the Ferengi took the glass and refilled it anyway. "Last one for me, thanks," he drily added, accepting the alcohol. Not that Garen would have minded getting absolutely blitzed, but losing your senses in your first meeting with a Ferengi was just inviting disaster.

"You do make one hell of a supernova," he admitted, taking a long drink. "I imagine a place like this uses all kinds of beverages...from all corners of the galaxy." Garen leaned back in the chair a little, resting his elbow on the small backing. "People say what you're not supposed to hear...but do you say what you're not supposed to repeat?"

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:


Garen cocked an eyebrow as the Ferengi took the glass and refilled it anyway.  "Last one for me, thanks," he drily added, accepting the alcohol.  Not that Garen would have minded getting absolutely blitzed, but losing your senses in your first meeting with a Ferengi was just inviting disaster.

"You do make one hell of a supernova," he admitted, taking a long drink.  "I imagine a place like this uses all kinds of beverages...from all corners of the galaxy."  Garen leaned back in the chair a little, resting his elbow on the small backing.  "People say what you're not supposed to hear...but do you say what you're not supposed to repeat?"

Rama scratched behind his ear as he contemplated his next drink for Garen. He wasn't ready for him to leave just yet. He had a ship. Which meant an opportunity for partnership. "Well thank you. I've had a lot of experience." Rama reached for a tall narrow clear glass and threw a few iced cubes in and poured in a tan liquid. "This will help. Its an iced Ractigino. Delicious, sweet and sobering." He considered Garen's comment about keeping quiet. "Rule 168. Whisper your way to success. I know how to listen and then keep my mouth shut. If I run off and talk I jeopardize my profit. And a Ferngi without profit is no Ferengi at all."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 am

Rama wrote:

Rama scratched behind his ear as he contemplated his next drink for Garen. He wasn't ready for him to leave just yet. He had a ship. Which meant an opportunity for partnership. "Well thank you. I've had a lot of experience." Rama reached for a tall narrow clear glass and threw a few iced cubes in and poured in a tan liquid. "This will help. Its an iced Ractigino. Delicious, sweet and sobering." He considered Garen's comment about keeping quiet. "Rule 168. Whisper your way to success. I know how to listen and then keep my mouth shut. If I run off and talk I jeopardize my profit. And a Ferngi without profit is no Ferengi at all."

Frowning, Garen accepted the drink, though he didn't take a sip. He wasn't a fan of most things Klingon, let alone their damn coffee. "Er...thanks. I suppose you're in quite the prime spot, hm? Any businessman worth his lobes would want to be in a place like this." Garen looked around, taking the sounds and lights of the promenade area in. "New post-war markets opening left and right. Trade moving through between quadrants. New economic alliances. Who knows...the Federation might start open commerce with the Romulans, before too long."

He shuddered slightly at the thought of an entire Empire full of Archangel T'Korises. No, they were even worse, considering that his sister-in-law had Terran blood to temper her. Alright, Ferengi, Garen thought, cocking an eyebrow at the man. What is it you *really* want from me? "Place is crawling with uniforms...but a man of proper resources and smarts doesn't let something like that bother him...do we?"

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 am

Garen Arthur wrote:


Frowning, Garen accepted the drink, though he didn't take a sip.  He wasn't a fan of most things Klingon, let alone their damn coffee.  "Er...thanks.  I suppose you're in quite the prime spot, hm?  Any businessman worth his lobes would want to be in a place like this."  Garen looked around, taking the sounds and lights of the promenade area in.  "New post-war markets opening left and right.  Trade moving through between quadrants.  New economic alliances.  Who knows...the Federation might start open commerce with the Romulans, before too long."

He shuddered slightly at the thought of an entire Empire full of Archangel T'Korises.  No, they were even worse, considering that his sister-in-law had Terran blood to temper her.  Alright, Ferengi, Garen thought, cocking an eyebrow at the man.  What is it you *really* want from me?  "Place is crawling with uniforms...but a man of proper resources and smarts doesn't let something like that bother him...do we?"

Rama shrugged. "I do alright. These starfleets and their rules though. You know that admiral yelled at me for offering her a bribe. A bribe!" He threw up his arms in frustration. "An accepted Ferengi business practice. Who turns down a good bribe. But you know how Starfleet is. They cling to their ideas but if you cant sell ideals and morality for latinum." He took a drink. "So enough about me... You said you own a ship. Hows business for you?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:35 am

Rama wrote:


Rama shrugged. "I do alright. These starfleets and their rules though. You know that admiral yelled at me for offering her a bribe. A bribe!" He threw up his arms in frustration. "An accepted Ferengi business practice. Who turns down a good bribe. But you know how Starfleet is. They cling to their ideas but if you cant sell ideals and morality for latinum." He took a drink. "So enough about me... You said you own a ship. Hows business for you?"

"Perish the thought," Garen said, shaking his head with a grin. He looked down at the tall glass of Klingon coffee, wondering if he should, indeed, take a drink or two. The supernovas were slowly starting to creep up on him. It certainly wasn't synthehol. "You're right, Starfleet is probably the most intolerant collection of tolerant people I've ever seen."

Garen picked up the glass, taking a hesitant sip of the raktajinio. It was still as terrible as he remembered. "Business comes and goes. The war was hell on trade, but prime with Federation contracts for moving relief supplies. And weaponry," he grinned, moving the coffee a safe distance away. "Things were getting a little wooly out in the frontier, so I decided to lay low a while in a more...stationary...atmosphere."

Well, that, and the Orion pirate with blood-price on Garen's head. Taking one's woman and ship tended to cause that...never mind that said woman in turn re-stole said ship.

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:


"Perish the thought," Garen said, shaking his head with a grin.  He looked down at the tall glass of Klingon coffee, wondering if he should, indeed, take a drink or two.  The supernovas were slowly starting to creep up on him.  It certainly wasn't synthehol.  "You're right, Starfleet is probably the most intolerant collection of tolerant people I've ever seen."

Garen picked up the glass, taking a hesitant sip of the raktajinio.  It was still as terrible as he remembered.  "Business comes and goes.  The war was hell on trade, but prime with Federation contracts for moving relief supplies.  And weaponry," he grinned, moving the coffee a safe distance away.  "Things were getting a little wooly out in the frontier, so I decided to lay low a while in a more...stationary...atmosphere."

Well, that, and the Orion pirate with blood-price on Garen's head.  Taking one's woman and ship tended to cause that...never mind that said woman in turn re-stole said ship.

"Well... you know what they say. War is good for business." The Ferengi poured himself another drink and swirled it around contemplating if he should have another. With a slight shrug he took a sip. "Laying low was probably a good idea. I spent the war waiting tables on Ferenginar. Saving up money to open this place. So what brings you to our little corner of the galaxy?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Mon May 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Rama wrote:


"Well... you know what they say. War is good for business." The Ferengi poured himself another drink and swirled it around contemplating if he should have another. With a slight shrug he took a sip. "Laying low was probably a good idea. I spent the war waiting tables on Ferenginar. Saving up money to open this place. So what brings you to our little corner of the galaxy?"

Frowning, Garen took another sip of the coffee, causing him to frown sharper and anew. He thought about asking for water, but the bastard would probably charge him for that, and there were plenty of replicator terminals for the essentials. The Ferengi had asked him twice now about his reason for coming to the station. That means he wants to know, and badly, Garen thought, smiling inwardly. Tipping your hand so early? How very un-Ferengi-like.

Unless, of course, the vicious little capitalist only wanted Garen to think that hand was being tipped.

Garen shook his head, knowing that down that line of thought lay only madness. Wheels within wheels. He hated that crap. "It's a nice place," Garen replied, deciding instead to deflect. "How often do your shipments of non-replicated alcohol make it in?"

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Tue May 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Garen Arthur wrote:


Frowning, Garen took another sip of the coffee, causing him to frown sharper and anew.  He thought about asking for water, but the bastard would probably charge him for that, and there were plenty of replicator terminals for the essentials.  The Ferengi had asked him twice now about his reason for coming to the station.  That means he wants to know, and badly, Garen thought, smiling inwardly.  Tipping your hand so early?  How very un-Ferengi-like.

Unless, of course, the vicious little capitalist only wanted Garen to think that hand was being tipped.  

Garen shook his head, knowing that down that line of thought lay only madness.  Wheels within wheels.  He hated that crap.  "It's a nice place," Garen replied, deciding instead to deflect.  "How often do your shipments of non-replicated alcohol make it in?"

Rama was curious as to why this human would be interested in knowing his shipment schedule. He didn't see any apparent harming sharing the information. "An Andorian friend of mine owns a transport vessel. I submit and order to him and he delivers every other week. Give or take. That's at least how I get most of it. There used to be a Nausicaan who delivered my more... exotic cargo. But he's in prison now... that's a whole other story though. My cousin Frelk on Ferenginar also sometimes can help me find what I need." He paused to take a drink. And noticed the look of disdain on Garen's face. "Why do you ask? Do you have a special request? Maybe an exotic liquor of sometime and would you like a different drink... maybe a hewn-mon coffee?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Garen Arthur



Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Tue May 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Rama wrote:


Rama was curious as to why this human would be interested in knowing his shipment schedule. He didn't see any apparent harming sharing the information. "An Andorian friend of mine owns a transport vessel. I submit and order to him and he delivers every other week. Give or take. That's at least how I get most of it. There used to be a Nausicaan who delivered my more... exotic cargo. But he's in prison now... that's a whole other story though. My cousin Frelk on Ferenginar also sometimes can help me find what I need." He paused to take a drink. And noticed the look of disdain on Garen's face. "Why do you ask? Do you have a special request? Maybe an exotic liquor of sometime and would you like a different drink... maybe a hewn-mon coffee?"

"No thanks," Garen replied, pushing the Klingon coffee to one side. Two sips had been more than enough of that particular vile brew. Drink that shit every day...no wonder Klingons are nuts. He also wasn't keen on paying real money for things he could replicate on the Plutonia for himself.

Garen cast a casual glance around the promenade area. "Roomy here, at least," he casually said. "Better than being cooped up on a ship. What kind of cargo did your Nausicaan pal deliver to you? Is it...green?" Garen asked the last with a bit of a winking undertone, hoping that the Ferengi would assume he was interested in acquiring the services of an Orion woman. That was, after all, what many men and not an insignificant amount of women meant when they asked about Orions. Except Garen also knew that several were after his scalp, and he wanted to know how often they had contact with the station.

_______________________________

Click for full bio!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Today at 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: