Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Corinth considered the Trill for a moment before his eyes flicked beyond her to where Zero had disappeared to.  His expression gave the impression that he was sucking on a particularly sour  lemon as he thought through the situation.

"Are you really so desperate to sacrifice your reputation for someone you don't even know?  It seems a shame to undo all the work Juval and his predecessors put in to building up the Kaz name?"

She took some offense but decided not to get angry. "What do you mean Corinth? I don't believe that I am diminishing the Kaz legacy? I have always valued your opinion... please elaborate?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
She took some offense but decided not to get angry. "What do you mean Corinth? I don't believe that I am diminishing the Kaz legacy? I have always valued your opinion... please elaborate?"

Corinth raised an eyebrow at Kaz, lifting and dropping one shoulder in a shrug as he sat back. "Alpha 01419 has a habit of dragging everyone down and destroying their careers. The young man who was following her before? His career is in ruins, as well as his relationship with his family, all because of that Augment."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:16 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Corinth raised an eyebrow at Kaz, lifting and dropping one shoulder in a shrug as he sat back.  "Alpha 01419 has a habit of dragging everyone down and destroying their careers.  The young man who was following her before?  His career is in ruins, as well as his relationship with his family, all because of that Augment."

Leela could definitely see how Zero could destroy someone's career. She had certainly brought some complexities into her life. "You know as well as I do that if anyone is strong enough to handle Zero Kaz is. I can handle this Corinth."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:40 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela could definitely see how Zero could destroy someone's career. She had certainly brought some complexities into her life. "You know as well as I do that if anyone is strong enough to handle Zero Kaz is. I can handle this Corinth."

Corinth tapped his fingers on his desk as he once again considered the Trill on his screen. Apparently this new host of Kaz' was just as stubborn as the last one. After a moment's thought, he gave a sharp nod.

"Alright. I expect reports at least every week, understood?"

As he spoke, on the console in front of Kaz, a light started flashing, signalling that an escape pod was being prepped for departure.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:19 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Corinth tapped his fingers on his desk as he once again considered the Trill on his screen.  Apparently this new host of Kaz' was just as stubborn as the last one.  After a moment's thought, he gave a sharp nod.

"Alright.  I expect reports at least every week, understood?"

As he spoke, on the console in front of Kaz, a light started flashing, signalling that an escape pod was being prepped for departure.

Leela smiled as Corinth displayed a sign of faith in his old friend. It seemed that he was finally seeing the Kaz he knew. The Kaz he grew to trust over several decades. "Acknowledged sir. I will ensure you receive weekly reports. I'm certain that I can ..." Leela noticed the launch of an escape pod. Damnit Zero! Kaz thought. She turned her attention back to the Admiral. "Um Sir, I hate to cut our conversation short but I must run. I'll be I touch soon." Leela flashed a smile. She failed to hide the slight panic in her voice. She didn't even give Corinth the chance to notice. "Kaz out." She closed the channel.

Kaz stood at the console and placed her head in her hand as she opened a communication channel with the other hand. "Kaz to Zero. May I ask where you are going?" Without awaiting her reply Kaz activated the tractor emitter and grabbed the pod and began to pull the vessel back in.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:17 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled as Corinth displayed a sign of faith in his old friend. It seemed that he was finally seeing the Kaz he knew. The Kaz he grew to trust over several decades. "Acknowledged sir. I will ensure you receive weekly reports. I'm certain that I can ..." Leela noticed the launch of an escape pod. Damnit Zero! Kaz thought. She turned her attention back to the Admiral. "Um Sir, I hate to cut our conversation short but I must run. I'll be I touch soon." Leela flashed a smile. She failed to hide the slight panic in her voice. She didn't even give Corinth the chance to notice. "Kaz out." She closed the channel.

Kaz stood at the console and placed her head in her hand as she opened a communication channel with the other hand. "Kaz to Zero. May I ask where you are going?" Without awaiting her reply Kaz activated the tractor emitter and grabbed the pod and began to pull the vessel back in.

The escape pod, although launched, hadn't actually activated. Its engines had not been not engaged, it had just started drifting until the tractor beam took hold of it. When a comm channel was opened, there was no response on the other end. On the visual, however, was a shaking, terrified, near-panicking Augment scrunched up in the smallest possible space in the one-man pod.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The escape pod, although launched, hadn't actually activated.  Its engines had not been not engaged,  it had just started drifting until the tractor beam took hold of it.  When a comm channel was opened, there was no response on the other end.  On the visual, however, was a shaking, terrified, near-panicking Augment scrunched up in the smallest possible space in the one-man pod.

Leela sighed as she looked at the frighten you woman on the screen. This is going to be harder than I thought. She activated the controls and the escape pod slowly made its way back to its docking area. Once the pod was secured she made her way to the aft area and lifted the floor panel where she found Zero curled into a fetal position. "Zero. What are you doing?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela sighed as she looked at the frighten you woman on the screen. This is going to be harder than I thought. She activated the controls and the escape pod slowly made its way back to its docking area. Once the pod was secured she made her way to the aft area and lifted the floor panel where she found Zero curled into a fetal position. "Zero. What are you doing?"

By the time Kaz managed to lift the hatch on the escape pod, Zero had dissolved into a snivelling mess, her arm wrapped tightly around herself as she cried. She didn't want to look up at the Trill, didn't want to see any condescension that may be on her face. The shame of being caught out by her claustrophobia, seen by someone to be less than perfect...

"I wished to flee," came the damp reply to Leela's question.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

By the time Kaz managed to lift the hatch on the escape pod, Zero had dissolved into a snivelling mess, her arm wrapped tightly around herself as she cried.  She didn't want to look up at the Trill, didn't want to see any condescension that may be on her face.  The shame of being caught out by her claustrophobia, seen by someone to be less than perfect...

"I wished to flee," came the damp reply to Leela's question.

Leela extended a hand offering Zero assistance from the pod. As she extended her hand she began to speak. "Why were you trying to flee? Where were you going to run to?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela extended a hand offering Zero assistance from the pod. As she extended her hand she began to speak. "Why were you trying to flee? Where were you going to run to?"

Zero looked at the extended hand with one red-rimmed eye, but didn't take it. Instead, she let out an almost pathetic hiccup before whimpering and pressing herself further into the tiny place, as if trying to make the rest of the pod seem bigger.

"I do not know," she admitted quietly.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero looked at the extended hand with one red-rimmed eye, but didn't take it.  Instead, she let out an almost pathetic hiccup before whimpering and pressing herself further into the tiny place, as if trying to make the rest of the pod seem bigger.

"I do not know," she admitted quietly.

She laid her head back into her hand. "How am I ever going to deal with you. Come on. Get out of there. We need to return to the Phoenix. We will not be going back to Starfleet Medical."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
She laid her head back into her hand. "How am I ever going to deal with you. Come on. Get out of there. We need to return to the Phoenix. We will not be going back to Starfleet Medical."

"No!" Zero squeaked, fresh beads of sweat breaking out across her flushed skin. "It is too small! Everywhere is too small! I must get out! Please!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"No!" Zero squeaked, fresh beads of sweat breaking out across her flushed skin.  "It is too small!  Everywhere is too small!  I must get out!  Please!"

"For god sakes Zero. Snap out of it!" Leela was no longer surprised by her actions. In the matter of several hours she had become un-shockable. "Zero we did it. We got you out of going back to Starfleet medical. And now we're stuck together. Corinth assigned me to be your new handler."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"For god sakes Zero. Snap out of it!" Leela was no longer surprised by her actions. In the matter of several hours she had become un-shockable. "Zero we did it. We got you out of going back to Starfleet medical. And now we're stuck together. Corinth assigned me to be your new handler."

Zero buried her face in her arms, as if hoping that the old child's belief of 'if I can't see you, you can't see me' was true. The words didn't seem to be getting through to her, panic's grip on her mind was too strong as it pulled it back to darker days, when her entire life had been turned upside down.

"I want Doctor Kincaede!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero buried her face in her arms, as if hoping that the old child's belief of 'if I can't see you, you can't see me' was true.  The words didn't seem to be getting through to her, panic's grip on her mind was too strong as it pulled it back to darker days, when her entire life had been turned upside down.

"I want Doctor Kincaede!"

Leela was beginning to realize the depth and breathe of what she had just agreed to. This being who swore herself to be superior had the emotional capacity of a toddler. "What is wrong with you now and who in the hell is Dr. Kincaede?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:49 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela was beginning to realize the depth and breathe of what she had just agreed to. This being who swore herself to be superior had the emotional capacity of a toddler. "What is wrong with you now and who in the hell is Dr. Kincaede?"

Control, control, she had to get control back! She hadn't had a panic attack this bad in a while. Generally, she could control it unless the space she was in was both close and dark, but having had an already unstable emotional control must have made it easier for her mind to tip into chaos as she climbed into the escape pod.

Zero knew that she needed help to control herself, but the thought of asking Kaz, this Trill who had associated herself with Corinth with this host as well as her last… It was a galling one, one that she didn't want to act on.

But did she have a choice?

"I am cl-claustro-claustro-"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Control, control,  she had to get control back!  She hadn't had a panic attack this bad in a while.  Generally, she could control it unless the space she was in was both close and dark, but having had an already unstable emotional control must have made it easier for her mind to tip into chaos as she climbed into the escape pod.

Zero knew that she needed help to control herself, but the thought of asking Kaz, this Trill who had associated herself with Corinth with this host as well as her last… It was a galling one, one that she didn't want to act on.

But did she have a choice?

"I am cl-claustro-claustro-"

"Are you trying to say that you're claustrophobic?" Leela blurted. Without awaiting a reply Leela muttered under her breathe. "Of course you are!" Her hand hit her forehead yet again. She reached for the med kit in the upper console and located a hypo spray and loaded anxiety medication. She reached down and injected Zero. "You should feel better momentarily."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Are you trying to say that you're claustrophobic?" Leela blurted. Without awaiting a reply Leela muttered under her breathe. "Of course you are!" Her hand hit her forehead yet again. She reached for the med kit in the upper console and located a hypo spray and loaded anxiety medication. She reached down and injected Zero. "You should feel better momentarily."

There was little space in the escape pod for Zero to shy away as the hypospray was jabbed into her arm. Very quickly, she seemed to calm down, although not as much as she would have had she not had the metabolism of an Augment. Medications, alcohol, even food didn't last as long in her body as they did in regular humans.

It was, however, enough for her to wrest back control and scramble out of the escape pod and back into the shuttle. It was still a smaller space than she would have liked, but it was a far sight better than the pod. She sat on the deck, her legs splayed on either side of her, leaning on her hands in front of her as her skinny chest heaved with the effort of trying to stop her hyperventilation.

Then, in the smallest voice possible, she said: "Thank you."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

There was little space in the escape pod for Zero to shy away as the hypospray was jabbed into her arm.  Very quickly, she seemed to calm down, although not as much as she would have had she not had the metabolism of an Augment.  Medications, alcohol, even food didn't last as long in her body as they did in regular humans.

It was, however, enough for her to wrest back control and scramble out of the escape pod and back into the shuttle.  It was still a smaller space than she would have liked, but it was a far sight better than the pod.  She sat on the deck, her legs splayed on either side of her, leaning on her hands in front of her as her skinny chest heaved with the effort of trying to stop her hyperventilation.

Then, in the smallest voice possible, she said:  "Thank you."

The trill sighed. "You're welcome." Leela extended her hand again offering Zero assistance to her feet. "Now that you have calmed down perhaps we can discuss the situation. "Per Corinth... well I guess there is no other way to say it. I'm stuck with you. Ive just accepted the position of your handler."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
The trill sighed. "You're welcome." Leela extended her hand again offering Zero assistance to her feet. "Now that you have calmed down perhaps we can discuss the situation. "Per Corinth... well I guess there is no other way to say it. I'm stuck with you. Ive just accepted the position of your handler."

The sedative was rapidly wearing off as Zero shifted away from Leela, moving into a corner between the bulkhead and a console to that she could rest against the two sides offered by it. She turned a somewhat groggy glare to the Trill.

"I am sure that you regret such a hardship," she grumbled, her words slurring slightly. "You were once close to Corinth. That is reason enough for me not to trust you."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The sedative was rapidly wearing off as Zero shifted away from Leela, moving into a corner between the bulkhead and a console to that she could rest against the two sides offered by it.  She turned a somewhat groggy glare to the Trill.

"I am sure that you regret such a hardship," she grumbled, her words slurring slightly.  "You were once close to Corinth.  That is reason enough for me not to trust you."

Leela moved closer to Zero. "I haven't seen Corinth in over 5 years and an entire lifetime ago. Last time I saw Corinth I was a 78 year old man! So let's set one thing straight here. By my count that is the second time that I have saved you ass in the last 3 hours. You will trust me because you have no choice but to trust me. Our paths are now inexorably linked together." She lowered the tone of her voice. "For better or worse..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:39 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela moved closer to Zero. "I haven't seen Corinth in over 5 years and an entire lifetime ago. Last time I saw Corinth I was a 78 year old man! So let's set one thing straight here. By my count that is the second time that I have saved you ass in the last 3 hours. You will trust me because you have no choice but to trust me. Our paths are now inexorably linked together." She lowered the tone of her voice. "For better or worse..."

"And exactly what, pray, allows you to form the impression that I am concerned by that fact?" Zero snapped, glaring openly at the Trill. She deeply resented the thought that she could be indebted to anyone for anything and she wasn't about to acquiesce to this lower life form. "I will trust whomsoever I deem worthy of my trust and I will inform you that you are not a member of that group! 'For better or for worse' does not enter in to that frame of reference!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"And exactly what, pray, allows you to form the impression that I am concerned by that fact?" Zero snapped, glaring openly at the Trill.  She deeply resented the thought that she could be indebted to anyone for anything and she wasn't about to acquiesce to this lower life form.  "I will trust whomsoever I deem worthy of my trust and I will inform you that you are not a member of that group!  'For better or for worse' does not enter in to that frame of reference!"

"What happened Zero? We bonded. You confided that you wished to return to the Phoenix. You didn't want to go to Starfleet Medical. You didn't want to go with T'Koris. I worked to make that happen for you. I could of stunned your ass and drug you to Corinth. But I didn't. At least pretend to be grateful. You won! You got what you wanted. And the only price you have to pay is to be stuck with me. I could think of worse fates."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"What happened Zero? We bonded. You confided that you wished to return to the Phoenix. You didn't want to go to Starfleet Medical. You didn't want to go with T'Koris. I worked to make that happen for you. I could of stunned your ass and drug you to Corinth. But I didn't. At least pretend to be grateful. You won! You got what you wanted. And the only price you have to pay is to be stuck with me. I could think of worse fates."

"We did not bond," Zero snarled. She was starting to appear a lot more coherent now, her eyes less clouded and her speech less slurred as the sedative wore off. "All that has happened is that you have decided to ally yourself with an organisation I do not trust in the slightest. As I have stated before, you have given me no reason to trust you. Humanoids are layers upon layers of deception and cunning as they seek the outcome they wish. You are no different."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:54 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

"We did not bond," Zero snarled.  She was starting to appear a lot more coherent now, her eyes less clouded and her speech less slurred as the sedative wore off.  "All that has happened is that you have decided to ally yourself with an organisation I do not trust in the slightest.  As I have stated before, you have given me no reason to trust you.  Humanoids are layers upon layers of deception and cunning as they seek the outcome they wish.  You are no different."

Leela stormed back to her seat at the helm. She was furious by the lack of gratitude or even respect from this lifeform. Kaz couldn't fathom how such a creature could function aboard a starship... As a physician no less. She took her seat and her fingers moved across the console. "I'm setting course back for the Phoenix. I have this terrible feeling that T'Koris will want to have a little talk upon our return." She swiveled the chair and pointed to Zero. "Sit down." She ordered. Her voice grew softer and dwindled to a mutter. "And you're a doctor. Remind me not to get sick. I couldn't deal with your bedside manner."

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Today at 6:54 am

Back to top Go down

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: