Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 am

Jiseth wrote:
Deela approached the runabout with Jiseth and two guards following. The expressions of the officer in amber and the other in scarlet like night and day. Stopping about three meters from the cabin door, they waited for the occupants to exit.

Leela tapped a few buttons on her console and looked over to Zero. She placed one hand on her shoulder. "Wake up. We're home." As Zero began to move in her seat Leela stood up and made her way to the hatch. The door opened and Leela stepped off the ship. She was greeted to the sight of two women scowling in her direction. What the hell now! She put a smile on he face. "Well hello ladies. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:39 am

Under normal circumstances, Zero would have bolted upright at having been even approached while she was asleep, but her lack of rest during the last few days made half an hours sleep inadequate. Sleep wasn't for releasing its hold on her mind, leaving her mind slow and unresponsive.

Home

Home meant that Jiseth was waiting for her! The young Augment scrambled to her feet, darting out of the open hatch, catching her shoulder on the frame with a dull metallic thud in her haste to get out of the confined space and back to her loved one. She paused only long enough to scan each of the officers waiting outside the shuttle before almost slamming into Jiseth with a crushing hug.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:25 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela tapped a few buttons on her console and looked over to Zero. She placed one hand on her shoulder. "Wake up. We're home." As Zero began to move in her seat Leela stood up and made her way to the hatch. The door opened and Leela stepped off the ship. She was greeted to the sight of two women scowling in her direction. What the hell now! She put a smile on he face. "Well hello ladies. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
Zero Alpha wrote:
Home meant that Jiseth was waiting for her!  The young Augment scrambled to her feet, darting out of the open hatch, catching her shoulder on the frame with a dull metallic thud in her haste to get out of the confined space and back to her loved one.  She paused only long enough to scan each of the officers waiting outside the shuttle before almost slamming into Jiseth with a crushing hug.

There was a moment where Jiseth wanted nothing more than to stick this Leela Kaz into an escape pod and maroon her on the nearest class-M planet. Then she was caught in the embrace of her love which she had to pry herself out of for the moment and step away.Now  Her expression hardened, but her attention shifted to Deela when she spoke.

"Stand at attention, Ensign!"

The Bajoran still had a pleasant grin across her lips as her left eyebrow rose. Taking a step closer to the young officer, a mountain lion was about to sink it's teeth into a fawn.

"I am Lieutenant Commander Ayora, Chief of Security. I'm going to be asking you some questions and you will give me your complete and total cooperation. But first, you will not see us as equals. You are in the presence of two superior officers, not your academy chums. I've never met someone who served on the Enterprise to show the slightest lapse of professional courtesy until this moment and I am very disappointed. The Lieutenant here has offered the use of her conference room for our interview. Follow her, please."

Deela outstretched an open hand toward the Romulan who turned and walked briskly to the stairs that were previously behind her. The door at the top lead to the comtrol room and through there near the far wall was another to the conference room itself. She held it open for them, but departed after Deela had entered and her guards stood outside it, shoulder to shoulder, blocking it.

Setting her PADD's down on the long table, but picking one back up, Deela remained standing while offering Ensign Kaz a seat.

"I'm currently downloading the cockpit voice recording of your flight... While that chugs along, tell me, why do you have this, Ensign?"

The Lieutenant Commander pushed one of the PADD's toward Kaz which contained a copy of the order to take Zero to Earth.

Jiseth had walked back down to the runabout to greet Zero. Ghost was happy to see her at least, but she knew it would be several long hours before she could return to their quarters. Now she returned the tight squeeze to her Augment.

"I'm sorry..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:48 am

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth had walked back down to the runabout to greet Zero. Ghost was happy to see her at least, but she knew it would be several long hours before she could return to their quarters. Now she returned the tight squeeze to her Augment.

"I'm sorry..."

Zero closed her eyes, letting out a slow breath, finally letting all of the tension leave her muscles as she rested her head against the Romulan's shoulder. The stress and upset of the last few hours, while still alive in her mind, took a backseat to the surge of warm affection that always curled up and purred in her chest whenever Jiseth was close. Here, this place, this was where she wanted to be.

After a moment's silence in Jiseth's arms, she looked up at the Romulan. "I see no reason for you to apologise, Jiseth."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero closed her eyes, letting out a slow breath, finally letting all of the tension leave her muscles as she rested her head against the Romulan's shoulder.  The stress and upset of the last few hours, while still alive in her mind, took a backseat to the surge of warm affection that always curled up and purred in her chest whenever Jiseth was close.  Here, this place, this was where she wanted to be.  

After a moment's silence in Jiseth's arms, she looked up at the Romulan.  "I see no reason for you to apologise, Jiseth."

"...Ayora knows, Zero. I've explained the delicacy of our situation. I didn't know who else to turn to. You were gone and the Captain still hasn't left her quarters. It seems she wants nothing to do with me otherwise she's at least say something. I thought she was our ally. I was mistaken..."

Leaning in she kissed Zero's forehead.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"...Ayora knows, Zero. I've explained the delicacy of our situation. I didn't know who else to turn to. You were gone and the Captain still hasn't left her quarters. It seems she wants nothing to do with me otherwise she's at least say something. I thought she was our ally. I was mistaken..."

Leaning in she kissed Zero's forehead.

The young Augment tensed suddenly at the admission that now, yet another person had been made aware of her unusual nature. Slowly but surely, the secret that wasn't supposed to get out, the one that she had always been told would put her in significant danger, was starting to leak out.

Her attention was ,thankfully, diverted from this terrifying thought by the mention of the captain not responding to Jiseth's calls.

"Jiseth... we encountered the captain while en route to Earth, but she was behaving in an odd manner. I have known her a significant length of time, yet never seen her as such. I was not even sure that it was her, especially since by her own admission, she was not. She claimed to be another, by the name of Nemesis."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
The young Augment tensed suddenly at the admission that now, yet another person had been made aware of her unusual nature.  Slowly but surely, the secret that wasn't supposed to get out, the one that she had always been told would put her in significant danger, was starting to leak out.

Her attention was ,thankfully, diverted from this terrifying thought by the mention of the captain not responding to Jiseth's calls.

"Jiseth... we encountered the captain while en route to Earth, but she was behaving in an odd manner.  I have known her a significant length of time, yet never seen her as such.  I was not even sure that it was her, especially since by her own admission, she was not.  She claimed to be another, by the name of Nemesis."

Moving back slightly, the Romulan placed her hands on Zero's shoulders. Now it had gone from bad to horrific. Someone mascerading as T'Koris? The Tal Shiar? The Orion Syndicate? A changeling? Each had its own probably, but they seemed equal to each other until a motive could be figured out.

"What did this Nemesis want?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Moving back slightly, the Romulan placed her hands on Zero's shoulders. Now it had gone from bad to horrific. Someone mascerading as T'Koris? The Tal Shiar? The Orion Syndicate? A changeling? Each had its own probably, but they seemed equal to each other until a motive could be figured out.

"What did this Nemesis want?"

"She wished me to accompany her away," Zero replied, looking a little uncomfortable. "She arrived in a shuttle that was not recognised by the Trill ensign, but it was of a Federation style and declared that she had received orders that I was to accompany her. There was no reason given." Now the Augment looked very distinctly unsure of herself. "I fired on her with a phaser set on stun."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:42 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
"She wished me to accompany her away," Zero replied, looking a little uncomfortable.  "She arrived in a shuttle that was not recognised by the Trill ensign, but it was of a Federation style and declared that she had received orders that I was to accompany her.  There was no reason given."  Now the Augment looked very distinctly unsure of herself.  "I fired on her with a phaser set on stun."

Staring at Zero for a moment, the Romulan couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"You shot someone? Oh, Zero, I'm so proud of you! Do you know how long I've been worried about you defending yourself?"

Jiseth slipped close again and hugged the Augment tightly.

"All these orders flying around... No one seems to know what's going on. I don't like a single bit of it."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Staring at Zero for a moment, the Romulan couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"You shot someone? Oh, Zero, I'm so proud of you! Do you know how long I've been worried about you defending yourself?"

Jiseth slipped close again and hugged the Augment tightly.

"All these orders flying around... No one seems to know what's going on. I don't like a single bit of it."

Zero shook her head, pushing Jiseth away reluctantly. "It is not an achievement to be praised," she replied quietly. "One of the founding principles of my profession is that we must do no harm, and one of the strictest of rules is that no officer may strike another. Captain T'Koris has never given me reason in our prior encounters to believe that she would wish me harm."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero shook her head, pushing Jiseth away reluctantly.  "It is not an achievement to be praised," she replied quietly.  "One of the founding principles of my profession is that we must do no harm, and one of the strictest of rules is that no officer may strike another.  Captain T'Koris has never given me reason in our prior encounters to believe that she would wish me harm."

"That wasn't the Captain, Zero. Face, voice, but not her. All it takes is a good surgeon. Besides... Your oath is to your patients, but maybe you're right... I'm used to how it is on my side of the fence. If a pilot of mine is downed, they're expected to survive and do everything to evade capture return to the service of the Empire-... Well, the Federation now. You were defending yourself. You broke no rules. I'm just glad you're home safe."

Jiseth's hands fell to her hips as she looked out the blue-trimmed force field into space.

"...The Security Chief will want to debrief you after she's done with Ensign Kaz. You're not required to stay here until then though. If you wish to return to our quarters... I have to get this runabout squared away, but... I wouldn't mind the company."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"That wasn't the Captain, Zero. Face, voice, but not her. All it takes is a good surgeon. Besides... Your oath is to your patients, but maybe you're right... I'm used to how it is on my side of the fence. If a pilot of mine is downed, they're expected to survive and do everything to evade capture return to the service of the Empire-... Well, the Federation now. You were defending yourself. You broke no rules. I'm just glad you're home safe."

Jiseth's hands fell to her hips as she looked out the blue-trimmed force field into space.

"...The Security Chief will want to debrief you after she's done with Ensign Kaz. You're not required to stay here until then though. If you wish to return to our quarters... I have to get this runabout squared away, but... I wouldn't mind the company."

Although she still didn't look convinced by Jiseth's arguments to justify her firing on the captain, Zero nodded once, one hand automatically dropping to Ghost's head as the canine came and nudged her leg gently. The thought of having to go through a debrief... it wasn't a good one to the Augment, but because Jiseth had asked it of her, she would do it.

She offered the Romulan a faint smile. "If you are certain that I would not pose any obstruction to your work, I would prefer to remain with you. I... do not wish to be alone at this time."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Jiseth wrote:

There was a moment where Jiseth wanted nothing more than to stick this Leela Kaz into an escape pod and maroon her on the nearest class-M planet. Then she was caught in the embrace of her love which she had to pry herself out of for the moment and step away.Now  Her expression hardened, but her attention shifted to Deela when she spoke.

"Stand at attention, Ensign!"

The Bajoran still had a pleasant grin across her lips as her left eyebrow rose. Taking a step closer to the young officer, a mountain lion was about to sink it's teeth into a fawn.

"I am Lieutenant Commander Ayora, Chief of Security. I'm going to be asking you some questions and you will give me your complete and total cooperation. But first, you will not see us as equals. You are in the presence of two superior officers, not your academy chums. I've never met someone who served on the Enterprise to show the slightest lapse of professional courtesy until this moment and I am very disappointed. The Lieutenant here has offered the use of her conference room for our interview. Follow her, please."

Deela outstretched an open hand toward the Romulan who turned and walked briskly to the stairs that were previously behind her. The door at the top lead to the comtrol room and through there near the far wall was another to the conference room itself. She held it open for them, but departed after Deela had entered and her guards stood outside it, shoulder to shoulder, blocking it.

Setting her PADD's down on the long table, but picking one back up, Deela remained standing while offering Ensign Kaz a seat.

"I'm currently downloading the cockpit voice recording of your flight... While that chugs along, tell me, why do you have this, Ensign?"

The Lieutenant Commander pushed one of the PADD's toward Kaz which contained a copy of the order to take Zero to Earth.

"I'm sorry..."

Leela glared over Jiseth and focused in on Commander Ayora. "Of course sir. I apologize if you feel that addressed you inappropriately. I will happily answer any questions for you pertaining to my mission." She followed the Romulan up the stairs and into the conference room and took a seat at the long table. She noted the gaurds on her way in. Leela wasn't overly concerned. She knew full and well that she had done nothing wrong. She dound herself more angry than anything. Not at the Commander but at Lieutenant Jiseth. Who had yelled and threatened her for no apparent reason. She felt violated and accosted. She hoped this interview would shed light on her innocence. Leela had no interest in covert affairs, though, she intended to answer any question honestly.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Although she still didn't look convinced by Jiseth's arguments to justify her firing on the captain, Zero nodded once, one hand automatically dropping to Ghost's head as the canine came and nudged her leg gently.  The thought of having to go through a debrief... it wasn't a good one to the Augment, but because Jiseth had asked it of her, she would do it.

She offered the Romulan a faint smile.  "If you are certain that I would not pose any obstruction to your work, I would prefer to remain with you.  I... do not wish to be alone at this time."

There was little she could do to console the Augment, that much she knew. At least there were no other flights for the day, so she had some leeway in her hand signals up to the control tower for her subordinates to take care of the Monongahela.

"You know what... You are the most important part of my life. I give my crews time with their families when necessary. Maybe I should extend that to myself."

Jiseth took Zero's hand and lead her through a door on the floor level almost directly under the top of the stairs. There was another about ten meters farther down, but both lead to the same place. In the briefing room, there were ascending rows of chairs, all empty. The walls lined with various ship portraits and behind the podium was a massive screen. Sitting in a seat in the bottom row, she lifted the armrest between her seat and the one next to it.

"I'm kicking myself for even letting that runabout depart without me on it."

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela glared over Jiseth and focused in on Commander Ayora. "Of course sir. I apologize if you feel that addressed you inappropriately. I will happily answer any questions for you pertaining to my mission." She followed the Romulan up the stairs and into the conference room and took a seat at the long table. She noted the gaurds on her way in. Leela wasn't overly concerned. She knew full and well that she had done nothing wrong. She found herself more angry than anything. Not at the Commander but at Lieutenant Jiseth. Who had yelled and threatened her for no apparent reason. She felt violated and accosted. She hoped this interview would shed light on her innocence. Leela had no interest in covert affairs, though, she intended to answer any question honestly.

Once the download finished, Ayora looked to the Ensign with a slightly diminished smile, though still warm. No doubt the Ensign was caught in the middle of something, but what that was exactly she already knew stank worse than an unsuited Breen in the hot sun.

"I'm trying to understand why a fairly new junior officer from engineering is acting as a chauffeur and not someone from the flight department who are no doubt more qualified and able. So, why don't you create for me a timeline of the events up until your return and starting at when your received these orders."

Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:12 am

Jiseth wrote:

Once the download finished, Ayora looked to the Ensign with a slightly diminished smile, though still warm. No doubt the Ensign was caught in the middle of something, but what that was exactly she already knew stank worse than an unsuited Breen in the hot sun.

"I'm trying to understand why a fairly new junior officer from engineering is acting as a chauffeur and not someone from the flight department who are no doubt more qualified and able. So, why don't you create for me a timeline of the events up until your return and starting at when your received these orders."

Kaz took a deep breathe and contemplated her words before she spoke. "Yes ma'am. I was called into the Captains ready room late last night, approximately 2000 hours. She asked me if I would be willing to take on a 'sensative' mission. I agreed and she informed me that I would report to the runabout at 0600 this morning and take a passenger to Starfleet Headquarters on Earth. The captain did not provide me with any other information. So I made my way to the runabout this morning and arrived just before Lieutenant Zero Alpha. We boarded the vessels and set course."

Leela paused and focused in on the Commander as she took notes. "Now, sir, I must warn you. I was ever given orders that said I could not discuss the following events but it was certainly implied. So I must ask that I tell you this only in the strictest confidence... We were a couple of hours into our journey and it had been relatively uneventful. The Doctor and I passed the time in conversation. I then dedected a shuttlecraft approaching us quickly. It was very soon discovered that the shuttle contained Captain T'Koris. She beamed aboard and there was an altercation between Zero and the Captain... She stunned the Captain. However, it should be noted, that Zero believes that that was not the Captain. We never got the chance to confirm her fears."

Walls seemed to come down as Leela revealed more and more. "Zero was terrified. She was afraid to go to Earth. She was even more terrified to leave with the captain. Given her immense fear for her safety. I made the decision to beam the unconscious T'Koris back to her ship. Zero feared so much for her safety. There had to be something there. We were then contacted via sub-space communique by Admiral Corinth at Starfleet Medical and long story short I was appointed guardian of Zero while she continues to serve aboard the Phoenix." She paused and looks up. "We began our journey back so Zero could re-assume her post. The Lieutenant Jiseth approached us and hailed us. She accused me of everything but murder, I was accused of mutiny, kidnapping and a slew of other offenses. As to why I was chose for this. I cant speak for our Captain. I can only assume that given my symbiont's vast experience in diplomacy and handling delicate matters she decided that I would be a good fit for this assignment. And I would like to note that I am more than qualified to pilot a vessel. Not only have I received all necessary Starfleet certifications. I have been an accomplished engineer across several lifetimes. One of my past host even designed the first Trill warp engine. So contrary to Lieutenant Jiseth's beliefs. I can certainly handle a runabout."

Leela quickly became angry as she discussed Jiseth's involvement in the incident. "Sir, I want Lieutenant Jiseth's involvement and actions in this endeavor investigated thoroughly. She had no right to storm in and make wild accusations. It is appalling to treat a fellow officer in such a manner. I was following orders and my conscious. I certainly not be faulted for that."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 am

Jiseth wrote:
There was little she could do to console the Augment, that much she knew. At least there were no other flights for the day, so she had some leeway in her hand signals up to the control tower for her subordinates to take care of the Monongahela.

"You know what... You are the most important part of my life. I give my crews time with their families when necessary. Maybe I should extend that to myself."

Jiseth took Zero's hand and lead her through a door on the floor level almost directly under the top of the stairs. There was another about ten meters farther down, but both lead to the same place. In the briefing room, there were ascending rows of chairs, all empty. The walls lined with various ship portraits and behind the podium was a massive screen. Sitting in a seat in the bottom row, she lifted the armrest between her seat and the one next to it.

"I'm kicking myself for even letting that runabout depart without me on it."

Quietly following the Romulan, Zero stayed quiet for the moment other than to click her tongue to Ghost to signal him to come with them. There didn't seem to be anything to say as they sat down in the empty room, the canine happily flopping down at their feet to continue his interrupted snooze.

"You were not aware of my departure. It may have been arranged so in order to ensure that. Your actions toward me in such situations are rather predictable."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:05 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela quickly became angry as she discussed Jiseth's involvement in the incident. "Sir, I want Lieutenant Jiseth's involvement and actions in this endeavor investigated thoroughly. She had no right to storm in and make wild accusations. It is appalling to treat a fellow officer in such a manner. I was following orders and my conscious. I certainly not be faulted for that."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Ensign. There's still more that's required of you."

Omitting all the increments of quietness on the recording, Ayora played what had been picked up by the recorder. Idle conversation. Their encounter with the stranger. The phaser blast. She could even hear the subject being beamed away. Their communications with an angered Jiseth and then came the docking request. Parts of Kaz's story held, but only loosely as if the adhesive were still wet from being freshly applied to the makeshift facade.

"There are several inconsistencies in your story. First, Lieutenant Alpha has no orders from the Captain as you do which implies to me that T'Koris was aware of and complicit with Starfleet Medical. Secondly, an individual who calls their self Nemesis who poses a grave security risk to this ship. What they would want with a doctor who specializes in genetics... Well, there are rather disturbing possibilities. Thirdly, there's the matter of you being chosen. You indeed have experience... You're friends with Admiral Corinth, Ensign."

The third PADD she held up and showed the screen to Leela. Hitting the button to start the video, there appeared the recordings of the Admiral's sessions with Zero. She set it down on the table and continue to let it play. Almost indifferent to it, but there was no hiding how red her face had blushed in anger.

"You said you were following your conscious... A jury might see it as you being involved in human trafficking and decided against the delivery. If it weren't for these recordings of sexual assault and torture that Doctor Alpha herself obtained and entrusted with Lieutenant Jiseth, I would whole-heartily defend your case. I won't make a conclusion until I have all the evidence, but it would appear as if you were unknowingly an accomplice in this at best. The charges against you might be dropped depending on the testimony of the Captain. She herself has her own can of worms to deal with."

The Security Chief finally took a seat next to Ensign Kaz.

"I understand the duration of life your symbiot has been blessed with, but do not forget that you are a Junior Officer on this ship. Someone with so many lifetimes of wisdom... You may feel superior, entitled even, since in comparison the Lieutenant has two and a half paltry decades and the bloodiest war in the history of the quadrant under her belt. After seeing what you just did, put yourself in her place. She has no control over the situation. Now her closest friend, the Captain, won't respond to her hails. I would be worried too in her shoes. No other would likely take her under their command, she'd be sent back to Romulus. Imprisoned, definitely. Executed, very likely. It's up to you, Ensign, but I might consider giving her a little slack."

Zero Alpha wrote:
Quietly following the Romulan, Zero stayed quiet for the moment other than to click her tongue to Ghost to signal him to come with them.  There didn't seem to be anything to say as they sat down in the empty room, the canine happily flopping down at their feet to continue his interrupted snooze.

"You were not aware of my departure.  It may have been arranged so in order to ensure that.  Your actions toward me in such situations are rather predictable."

Taking in a deep breath and letting out a long sigh, Jiseth did not dare tell Zero she was prepared to give the order to have the runabout fired upon. Destroyed if necessary. Such were her personal demands of her opponents. All or nothing. Their unconditional yielding of their grip on Zero. There came something then. An unsettling realization. She probably would have passed the final exam to be a Tal Shiar officer.

"I take it my methods are... unimaginative?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Taking in a deep breath and letting out a long sigh, Jiseth did not dare tell Zero she was prepared to give the order to have the runabout fired upon. Destroyed if necessary. Such were her personal demands of her opponents. All or nothing. Their unconditional yielding of their grip on Zero. There came something then. An unsettling realization. She probably would have passed the final exam to be a Tal Shiar officer.

"I take it my methods are... unimaginative?"

Zero looked away from Jiseth for a moment, stroking her fingers through the long fur of Ghost's back. It was just as well that she wasn't telepathic, or she may have been afraid at the thoughts running through her fiancée's mind at that point.

"You have exhibited a tendency to be overzealous in my defense," she pointed out in a quiet voice. "As well as a ferocity quite feared by those with only a passing acquaintence to you."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero looked away from Jiseth for a moment, stroking her fingers through the long fur of Ghost's back.  It was just as well that she wasn't telepathic, or she may have been afraid at the thoughts running through her fiancée's mind at that point.

"You have exhibited a tendency to be overzealous in my defense," she pointed out in a quiet voice.  "As well as a ferocity quite feared by those with only a passing acquaintence to you."

Leaning back into her chair and covering her eyes with one hand was the other rested off the opposite side of her stomach, the Romulan knew Zero was not incorrect. How many crimes would Jiseth commit to counter all the wrongs that had befallen the two of them. Always judged for her actions, but felt she was always short on progress. It only spurred her to be more relentless. Her fangs more venomous. Driven by the unshakeable faith that a happy life belonged to her and Zero. The question to herself now was did she even know how to feel happiness.

"I keep trying as if I can make up for all the times I wasn't there... but I can't. I've gone down a dark path and some days I think I'll never be able to feel the light again. Hate and adrenaline aren't much to go off of. I thought I was prepared to sleep quite comfortably in the bed I've made now I just... I lay awake and wonder... Gavin was right about me, don't you think?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Leaning back into her chair and covering her eyes with one hand was the other rested off the opposite side of her stomach, the Romulan knew Zero was not incorrect. How many crimes would Jiseth commit to counter all the wrongs that had befallen the two of them. Always judged for her actions, but felt she was always short on progress. It only spurred her to be more relentless. Her fangs more venomous. Driven by the unshakeable faith that a happy life belonged to her and Zero. The question to herself now was did she even know how to feel happiness.

"I keep trying as if I can make up for all the times I wasn't there... but I can't. I've gone down a dark path and some days I think I'll never be able to feel the light again. Hate and adrenaline aren't much to go off of. I thought I was prepared to sleep quite comfortably in the bed I've made now I just... I lay awake and wonder... Gavin was right about me, don't you think?"

Zero sighed quietly to herself, leaning forward to lean her elbows on her knees and rest her head in her hands. This was indeed weighty conversation to get into on so little sleep. Ghost started to snore happily at her feet, filling the silence of the empty room with the regular sound of his soft rumbling.

"Jiseth, I do not believe it is possible to atone for the guilt you are determined to feel. I am also aware that the anger I feel toward you for those times must not be allowed to influence how I wish our relationship to continue. We both have much healing to do in that respect." She paused for a moment, trying to get her tired mind to function. "Whether or not he was correct in his observations, I believe it possible that we will overcome any problems."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero sighed quietly to herself, leaning forward to lean her elbows on her knees and rest her head in her hands.  This was indeed weighty conversation to get into on so little sleep.  Ghost started to snore happily at her feet, filling the silence of the empty room with the regular sound of his soft rumbling.

"Jiseth, I do not believe it is possible to atone for the guilt you are determined to feel.  I am also aware that the anger I feel toward you for those times must not be allowed to influence how I wish our relationship to continue.  We both have much healing to do in that respect."  She paused for a moment, trying to get her tired mind to function.  "Whether or not he was correct in his observations, I believe it possible that we will overcome any problems."

Lifting her hand for a moment, Jiseth peaked over to Zero. It was probably the best thing she had heard all day if not for a long time. Leaning forward and standing from her chair, she moved to the sidewall on her side and opened a panel near the bottom. From here she pulled a large blanket and two pillows before returning to her chair and reclining it.

"We might as well take this opportunity to get some rest, e'lev."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Lifting her hand for a moment, Jiseth peaked over to Zero. It was probably the best thing she had heard all day if not for a long time. Leaning forward and standing from her chair, she moved to the sidewall on her side and opened a panel near the bottom. From here she pulled a large blanket and two pillows before returning to her chair and reclining it.

"We might as well take this opportunity to get some rest, e'lev."

Zero watched the Romulan move with a slight frown of confusion on her face, wondering what on Earth she could be doing. The production of a blanket and pillows from a discreet cubbyhole only served to deepen the expression. It didn't make sense to her.

"Jiseth? Why do you keep the accouterments of sleep in your briefing rooms?"

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero watched the Romulan move with a slight frown of confusion on her face, wondering what on Earth she could be doing.  The production of a blanket and pillows from a discreet cubbyhole only served to deepen the expression.  It didn't make sense to her.

"Jiseth?  Why do you keep the accouterments of sleep in your briefing rooms?"

"Because when you fly multiple sorties in a day, you lose a lot of time trying to get back to your quarters to sleep so I provide my crews with facilities here. There's a replicator in the back of the room too. Fatigue is more dangerous than anything else."

A hot chocolate sounded wonderful at the moment. Even a steak. Except as the seconds ticked by, she became more and more reluctant to leave the comfort of her chair and blanket.

"I'm sure you can appreciate a department that runs well, is efficient, and most of all is lead by someone who is actively trying to take better care of herself. A certain Lieutenant who wants the longevity of old age with a loving partner and daughter. So that's why, Zero."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"Because when you fly multiple sorties in a day, you lose a lot of time trying to get back to your quarters to sleep so I provide my crews with facilities here. There's a replicator in the back of the room too. Fatigue is more dangerous than anything else."

A hot chocolate sounded wonderful at the moment. Even a steak. Except as the seconds ticked by, she became more and more reluctant to leave the comfort of her chair and blanket.

"I'm sure you can appreciate a department that runs well, is efficient, and most of all is lead by someone who is actively trying to take better care of herself. A certain Lieutenant who wants the longevity of old age with a loving partner and daughter. So that's why, Zero."

Strangely enough, Zero didn't join Jiseth under the blanket. Instead, she got to her feet, wrapping her arms over her stomach and starting to pace a short length of the room. Despite her extreme fatigue, she knew that a short nap wasn't about to make it all better. She needed a good many hours of uninterrupted rest to feel better.

There was also the fact that she didn't know how this debriefing was going to go. The fact that another person was aware of her nature, let alone her whole sordid history, was unnerving to say the least. She had always been told that Augments were a focal point for distrust and even violence, something that she had wanted to avoid.

"Sleep if you wish, Jiseth. I will remain here with you."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Strangely enough, Zero didn't join Jiseth under the blanket.  Instead, she got to her feet, wrapping her arms over her stomach and starting to pace a short length of the room.  Despite her extreme fatigue, she knew that a short nap wasn't about to make it all better.  She needed a good many hours of uninterrupted rest to feel better.

There was also the fact that she didn't know how this debriefing was going to go.  The fact that another person was aware of her nature, let alone her whole sordid history, was unnerving to say the least.  She had always been told that Augments were a focal point for distrust and even violence, something that she had wanted to avoid.

"Sleep if you wish, Jiseth.  I will remain here with you."

Jiseth watched Zero for a few moments and then rolled her eyes. The amount of worrying Zero was doing was starting to slightly annoy the Romulan.

"Stop it. She doesn't care what you are, only what you've done and that is be an outstanding doctor. Maybe it's about time we stop acting like you're so different than the rest of the human race. You're not. Your birth doesn't define you, Zero, it's what you do in this life and no one can take that from you! At least you can blend in with the rest of them. There are so many times during the day I wish I could look like you. Without these ridges or pointy ears or green blood or damned reputation that I'm just as treacherous as the rest of my species. I'm not!"

Hurling herself around, Jiseth buried her face into the pillow and cocooned herself in the blanket. Only the faintest of muffled sobs could be heard.

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Today at 9:25 am

Back to top Go down

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: