Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The Romulan's face showed no trace of fear or even concern at the thread of Leela appealing to higher powers in the Federation and Starfleet Command.  She knew that any report of her actions would be intercepted and discarded before it got to anyone of importance, and even if it did, it was likely that the recipient would receive another, discreet, note to inform them that no action was to be taken.

"And in return, I can inform you that your connections will be able to do nothing for you," she replied simply.  

Kaz knew that she did not feel threatened by the promise of her actions. The threat was not an empty one but Kaz knew that if the Captain couldn't cover it up she wouldn't have pursued them. "Well sir, you do what you must and I will do the same."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Zero, who had been a quiet observer throughout the length of the discussion between the Trill and the not-quite-Captain-T'Koris, had slowly been growing more and more anxious, more and more restless. The conversation didn't seem to be going well, even the Augment, whose grasp of interpersonal relations was shaky at best and bordering on non-existent, could see that.

She still stood slightly behind Kaz, having not moved since the Trill had stepped in front of her, tenser than a Ferengi expecting a visit from the FCA, almost shaking. As much as she would deny it, she was terrified of what would happen if she actually went with the captain, where she would end up. If Archangel's behaviour was anything to go by, it wouldn't be pleasant.

A bolt of reddish-orange energy burst from the muzzle of her phaser, hitting Archangel with a directed energy blast set on the highest stun setting. The Augment immediately dropped the weapon, taking several steps back until she was practically bent backwards over the console in her effort to get away from the sight of the Romulan in a crumpled heap on the deck plates.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero, who had been a quiet observer throughout the length of the discussion between the Trill and the not-quite-Captain-T'Koris, had slowly been growing more and more anxious, more and more restless.  The conversation didn't seem to be going well, even the Augment, whose grasp of interpersonal relations was shaky at best and bordering on non-existent, could see that.

She still stood slightly behind Kaz, having not moved since the Trill had stepped in front of her, tenser than a Ferengi expecting a visit from the FCA, almost shaking.  As much as she would deny it, she was terrified of what would happen if she actually went with the captain, where she would end up.  If Archangel's behaviour was anything to go by, it wouldn't be pleasant.

A bolt of reddish-orange energy burst from the muzzle of her phaser, hitting Archangel with a directed energy blast set on the highest stun setting.  The Augment immediately dropped the weapon, taking several steps back until she was practically bent backwards over the console in her effort to get away from the sight of the Romulan in a crumpled heap on the deck plates.

A look of sheer horror flashed across Leela's face. "What have you done?" Leela rushed to the side of the Captain who laid unconscious in the rear of the runabout. She pulled a medical scanner and began to take readings. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realized the Captain was alive. "She's going to be okay. Why the hell did you do that?" As she spoke she reached for a hypospray and injected the Captain in an attempt to revive her.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
A look of sheer horror flashed across Leela's face. "What have you done?" Leela rushed to the side of the Captain who laid unconscious in the rear of the runabout. She pulled a medical scanner and began to take readings. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realized the Captain was alive. "She's going to be okay. Why the hell did you do that?" As she spoke she reached for a hypospray and injected the Captain in an attempt to revive her.

Before Leela could administer the hypospray, a pale hand slapped it from hers, sending the device skittering across the deck plates and out of reach. "No, we must not revive her. We must find a method of restraint before she awakens or we may find ourselves in danger," Zero stated, blatantly ignoring the question of her motives in shooting the captain.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Before Leela could administer the hypospray, a pale hand slapped it from hers, sending the device skittering across the deck plates and out of reach.  "No, we must not revive her.  We must find a method of restraint before she awakens or we may find ourselves in danger," Zero stated, blatantly ignoring the question of her motives in shooting the captain.

After Zero slapped the hypospray away Leela, still knelt by the Captain, looked to Zero. Shock was something she had become accustomed to on this mission. "We can't just leave her like this. Whether I agree or disagree with her is a moot point. I won't restrain and refuse medical treatment to a fellow officer."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
After Zero slapped the hypospray away Leela, still knelt by the Captain, looked to Zero. Shock was something she had become accustomed to on this mission. "We can't just leave her like this. Whether I agree or disagree with her is a moot point. I won't restrain and refuse medical treatment to a fellow officer."

"The weapon was on a stun setting," Zero snapped in response. She snatched up the medical tricorder that the Trill had been using on Archangel, taking a quick scan of the Romulan's prone form before snapping it shut. "She will survive. Medical treatment is not necessary at this point. Now, we must restrain her!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"The weapon was on a stun setting," Zero snapped in response.  She snatched up the medical tricorder that the Trill had been using on Archangel, taking a quick scan of the Romulan's prone form before snapping it shut.  "She will survive.  Medical treatment is not necessary at this point.  Now, we must restrain her!"

Leela stood up. "I'm not restraining the Captain but I am willing to help you. Stun me too. Beam over and steal her shuttle. You can start a new life. It will look like you overpowered me and I won't say any different. Set a course to uncharted space and dot look back."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela stood up. "I'm not restraining the Captain but I am willing to help you. Stun me too. Beam over and steal her shuttle. You can start a new life. It will look like you overpowered me and I won't say any different. Set a course to uncharted space and dot look back."

Zero looked away sharply, working to contain the sudden surge of anger that boiled up in her throat, threatening to bubble over into an aggressive outburst toward the Trill.

"I am unable to run. I have considered the option on numerous occasions, but it is an impossibility."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero looked away sharply, working to contain the sudden surge of anger that boiled up in her throat, threatening to bubble over into an aggressive outburst toward the Trill.  

"I am unable to run.  I have considered the option on numerous occasions, but it is an impossibility."

"What do you mean 'its not possible' of course it is. Shoot me and go." She through her arms up. "I can't believe I'm trying to persuade you to shoot me."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"What do you mean 'its not possible' of course it is. Shoot me and go." She through her arms up. "I can't believe I'm trying to persuade you to shoot me."

"It is not possible for me to escape Starfleet Medical!" Zero snapped back before trying to calm herself. Emotional outbursts were a weakness for inferior species. "When I was first remanded into the care of an Admiral and his team at Starfleet Medical, one of the first procedures that they insisted on performing was the implantation of a subcutaneous tracking device so as to prevent such an action on my part."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"It is not possible for me to escape Starfleet Medical!" Zero snapped back before trying to calm herself.  Emotional outbursts were a weakness for inferior species.  "When I was first remanded into the care of an Admiral and his team at Starfleet Medical, one of the first procedures that they insisted on performing was the implantation of a subcutaneous tracking device so as to prevent such an action on my part."

This all seemed far too simple to Kaz she failed understand Zero's apprehension. "Well your a doctor and I am and extremely qualified engineer. Maybe we can get it out. You could beam it into space and be gone."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
This all seemed far too simple to Kaz she failed understand Zero's apprehension. "Well your a doctor and I am and extremely qualified engineer. Maybe we can get it out. You could beam it into space and be gone."

The Augment gave Leela a look whose expression suggested that she was questioning the Trill's intelligence with the thought that she could possibly be outsmarted by a particularly dull mollusc.

"The device was fused to my pericardium and fitted with an explosive component. I have already considered removing it, but the chances of success were not promising."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The Augment gave Leela a look whose expression suggested that she was questioning the Trill's intelligence with the thought that she could possibly be outsmarted by a particularly dull mollusc.

"The device was fused to my pericardium and fitted with an explosive component.  I have already considered removing it, but the chances of success were not promising."

"What's the range on the device?" She pondered the options. "Zero you will have to shoot me. I can't bring myself to restrain the Captain."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"What's the range on the device?" She pondered the options. "Zero you will have to shoot me. I can't bring myself to restrain the Captain."

Since she didn't have an answer to the question about the range of the device, Zero just rolled her eyes at the Trill's continued refusal to do something that would probably keep her from having to piece the pair of them back together when Archangel woke up again in a probably less than favourable mood.

Grumbling under her breath about useless inferior species, the Augment got to her feet, rummaging through the various cubbyholes of the shuttle until she found two pairs of cuffs in the security locker. Hoping that they would do the trick, she quickly cuffed the Romulan's wrists and ankles.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Since she didn't have an answer to the question about the range of the device, Zero just rolled her eyes at the Trill's continued refusal to do something that would probably keep her from having to piece the pair of them back together when Archangel woke up again in a probably less than favourable mood.

Grumbling under her breath about useless inferior species, the Augment got to her feet, rummaging through the various cubbyholes of the shuttle until she found two pairs of cuffs in the security locker.  Hoping that they would  do the trick, she quickly cuffed the Romulan's wrists and ankles.

The sight of a Starfleet officer surfing their unconscious Captain was an interesting one. "Congratulations! You've managed to surprise a 419 year old woman with 8 lifetimes of experience. I have yet to see a Starfleet officer cuff their Captain. I did once see a captain get relieved but I don't think that's the same thing." Leela folded her arms and looked to Zero." Okay she's tied up. What the hell are you going to do now?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
The sight of a Starfleet officer surfing their unconscious Captain was an interesting one. "Congratulations! You've managed to surprise a 419 year old woman with 8 lifetimes of experience. I have yet to see a Starfleet officer cuff their Captain. I did once see a captain get relieved but I don't think that's the same thing." Leela folded her arms and looked to Zero." Okay she's tied up. What the hell are you going to do now?"

"You have not been in sickbay at the same time as the captain when she requires treatment then," Zero answered a little absentmindedly as Leela remarked on the absurdity of the situation. It was a well known fact among all the medics who had ever worked with the Romulan that she did not usually sit still long enough for whatever repairs that needed done.

When the question of what she was going to do now came up, the Augment sat back on her heels, looking down at the hands folded in her lap. "I... I do not know."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"You have not been in sickbay at the same time as the captain when she requires treatment then," Zero answered a little absentmindedly as Leela remarked on the absurdity of the situation.  It was a well known fact among all the medics who had ever worked with the Romulan that she did not usually sit still long enough for whatever repairs that needed done.

When the question of what she was going to do now came up, the Augment sat back on her heels, looking down at the hands folded in her lap.  "I... I do not know."

Of course we don't know. Leela thought. She had been in Starfleet across several lifetimes and no one understood better then Kaz that Starfleet had a need for its secret. What is a state if not the keeping of her secrets. Her mind raced to Juval. Being a Starfleet Captain and a high level diplomat meant that he had care of many Starfleet secrets. Some still kept Leela up at night. But they were important then and man y of them still were.

"Of course you don't know what your going to do next. That is about the way this mission is going. Are you planning on going back to Starfleet? Are you going back with the Captain? Are you going to try to get away? You better figure this out."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Of course we don't know. Leela thought. She had been in Starfleet across several lifetimes and no one understood better then Kaz that Starfleet had a need for its secret. What is a state if not the keeping of her secrets. Her mind raced to Juval. Being a Starfleet Captain and a high level diplomat meant that he had care of many Starfleet secrets. Some still kept Leela up at night. But they were important then and man y of them still were.

"Of course you don't know what your going to do next. That is about the way this mission is going. Are you planning on going back to Starfleet? Are you going back with the Captain? Are you going to try to get away? You better figure this out."

Fidgeting with her hands, Zero tried to even contemplate the thought of trying to outrun Starfleet. She shook her head after a moment's thought.

"I cannot run from Starfleet. There is no corner of the galaxy far enough from them were I would be safe," she replied. "I believe that my gastrointestinal tract is attempting to communicate that going with Captain T'Koris, or rather, Nemesis, is not a sterling idea. Beyond those facts, I do not know. I have never been called upon before to make such a decision."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Fidgeting with her hands, Zero tried to even contemplate the thought of trying to outrun Starfleet.  She shook her head after a moment's thought.

"I cannot run from Starfleet.  There is no corner of the galaxy far enough from them were I would be safe," she replied.  "I believe that my gastrointestinal tract is attempting to communicate that going with Captain T'Koris, or rather, Nemesis, is not a sterling idea.  Beyond those facts, I do not know.  I have never been called upon before to make such a decision."

"Well by my count Lieutenant you have approximately ten minutes until the Captain wakes up to find that you have restrained her. So you have ten minutes to do whatever the hell your going to do?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Well by my count Lieutenant you have approximately ten minutes until the Captain wakes up to find that you have restrained her. So you have ten minutes to do whatever the hell your going to do?"

Getting up without another word, Zero made her way back over to the co-pilot's chair she had occupied less than an hour ago and took a seat, leaning forward to place her elbows on the console so that she could bury her face in her hands. Her body was betraying her mind, sending signals to her tear ducts to produce moisture in abundance, an abundance that insisted on making itself known by forming drops that snaked down her pale cheeks. There was nothing that she wanted more at that point than to have Jiseth swoop in and make everything better, to make all the decisions that she couldn't make for herself. The Romulan had always seemed so much more confident in her actions, always seemed to know exactly what she was doing.

The confusion in her head was a distressing factor for the Augment. Her intelligence generally meant that confusion didn't happen to her and in the rare occasion that she did, she researched the subject mercilessly until she understood it... or in the case of many humanoid behaviours, just quietly filed it away in her mind under the heading 'they do this, no one knows why'.

Confusion was exactly what this situation was giving her. Who was this Nemesis that was impersonating the captain? Who did she work for? Who could want her that badly? If she knew the answers to those questions, it could have been easier to try to make a decision, like having more of the variables in an equation turned into real numbers.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Leela saw the tears begin to fall down the Zero's face. She moved over and stood above the augment She placed her hands oon Zero's shoulders in an effort to comfort her. Leela feared that she had been too hard on the individual. Given her nature, though, she thought that she could handle a little raised temper form a 5 foot tall trill. "It will be okay Zero." Leela rubbed her shoulders again. "We'll figure it out. Do you think it would be possible to get a transporter lock on that locator device?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela saw the tears begin to fall down the Zero's face. She moved over and stood above the augment She placed her hands oon Zero's shoulders in an effort to comfort her. Leela feared that she had been too hard on the individual. Given her nature, though, she thought that she could handle a little raised temper form a 5 foot tall trill. "It will be okay Zero." Leela rubbed her shoulders again. "We'll figure it out. Do you think it would be possible to get a transporter lock on that locator device?"

Zero flinched away as she felt a hand on her shoulder, pulling away sharply. She disliked being touched by anyone. It was something that Starfleet Medical had instilled into her. Getting to her feet, she put a few paces distance between herself and the Trill, folding her arms.

"Any attempt to remove the device will result in either detonation or the loss of a sizable portion of my heart. I have been assured that it is not possible. That is why is was implanted."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero flinched away as she felt a hand on her shoulder, pulling away sharply.  She disliked being touched by anyone.  It was something that Starfleet Medical had instilled into her.  Getting to her feet, she put a few paces distance between herself and the Trill, folding her arms.

"Any attempt to remove the device will result in either detonation or the loss of a sizable portion of my heart.  I have been assured that it is not possible.  That is why is was implanted."

As Zero pulled away Leela took both of her hands and raised them. "I'm sorry I didn't mean too... I mean I didn't realize that you... Well what shall we do then. I'm not sure how to help you. I can help you but you have to tell me what to do."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
As Zero pulled away Leela took both of her hands and raised them. "I'm sorry I didn't mean too... I mean I didn't realize that you... Well what shall we do then. I'm not sure how to help you. I can help you but you have to tell me what to do."

"Physical contact... is not something that I encourage," Zero said quietly. "I have been taught that much contact I believed to be normal was not." As the subject changed back to what they were going to do, she raked her hands through her hair, her expression remarkably close to a child who had lost their mother in a busy shop. "But I do not know that which I should do!" she wailed.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

"Physical contact... is not something that I encourage," Zero said quietly.  "I have been taught that much contact I believed to be normal was not."  As the subject changed back to what they were going to do, she raked her hands through her hair, her expression remarkably close to a child who had lost their mother in a busy shop.  "But I do not know that which I should do!" she wailed.

Leela was a loss for options. She stood with am augment before her who seems to be going crazy. She was unsure of what to do so instincts took over. She stepped close to Zero raised her hand and struck her. "Pull it together. There is no need to act like a child. As far as I see it you have three choices. We beam the captain to her shuttle and continue course to Starfleet Medical. You could go with the Captain.. Wherever she wants to take you. Or you take the Captain's shuttle set maximum warp into uncharted space and hope that they never find you. Tell me what you want! Now! Time is almost up!"

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]   Today at 6:54 am

Back to top Go down

Voyage Home [Zero/Kaz/T'Koris]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: