Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Fri May 15, 2015 8:18 pm

The captain's ready room, similar in design to those on an intrepid class starship, has very little in the way of personal touches.  Beyond the standard models and images of the ship and all those who previously bore the name of Phoenix, there is a child's drawing on the wall of a family, and a holoframe on the desk cycling through images of the captain with a blond-haired man and two children.

The captain herself, Archangel, sat behind her desk, reading through the day's reports.  Surprisingly enough, no one ever told you about the amount of paperwork that was involved in becoming a command officer.  She sighed softly, sitting back and rubbing her brow ridges, but looked up as the door chime sounded.

"Come in!"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Leela stepped up to the Captains Ready Room. She was not entirely sure what the captain would tell her but she knew it connected to Zero and the mission she had ordered her on. The Trill had left Zero in near tears on those steps. She seemed immobilized by her encounter with Jiseth and her longing for Gavin.

Leela walked in the ready room and stood at attention. "You asked to see me Captain?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Looking up to see her Trill engineering officer step into her office as requested, Archangel managed a faint smile. Given recent events, it was best to clear things up and ensure that they were on the same page, at least as much as possible.

"At ease, Ensign," she said, wondering if she had ever been that polished when she came out of the Academy. "Please, help yourself to the replicator. If you're anything like I was as a new engineer, you've been working more hours than necessary and forgetting to take a break."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Leela dropped her hands to the side. "Thank you, sir." She headed to the replicator and replicated her favorite blend of Vulcan tea. She took a seat across from her captain. It was probably a slightly casual move to sit uninvited but she was known for her casual-ness. She let out a light laughter. "You're right. You know what its like in main engineering. The tea keepers me going. It's a Vulcan blend preferred by Juval."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Sitting back in her chair, Archangel couldn't help but smile slightly. Yes, Main Engineering had been her home for so long that she knew the habits of its inhabitants very well. She still tried to go down and lend a hand on maintenance days, keeping her hand and eye in.

"Yes, I remember many a double shift, even the occasional triple shift, weathered thanks to tea and Starfleet ration bars," she said.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Sitting back in her chair, Archangel couldn't help but smile slightly.  Yes, Main Engineering had been her home for so long that she knew the habits of its inhabitants very well.  She still tried to go down and lend a hand on maintenance days, keeping her hand and eye in.

"Yes, I remember many a double shift, even the occasional triple shift, weathered thanks to tea and Starfleet ration bars," she said.

Leela smiled. Given the events of the last 24 hours it was slightly forced but there nonetheless. "I'm sure you pulled you fair share of extra shifts." She took a sip and propped her tea on her knee. "Somehow I get the impression that we're not here to discuss the workload... Ma'am." Leela was being direct, but it was in her nature.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 6:01 pm

The young captain gave a quiet sigh and rubbed her brow ridges. Ah yes, right to the crux of the problem. That was generally the best place to start, wasn't it?

"No, we're not. The records have been altered, either by myself, our chief of security, or... let's just say outside forces. All that happened was that I received orders for Lieutenant Alpha to return to Earth, which I passed on to you. Partway through the assignment, those orders were rescinded following your conversation with Admiral Corinth, and she was reassigned here on the Phoenix."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Outside forces. She thought. Nothing about this assignment had been normal or routine and Leela was beginning to accept the abnormal as routine. "Captain, who are these outside forces you are speaking of? I was a diplomat for many years. I know when I'm being played. So let's lay all of the cards on the table. There are things that I'm not being told. I seem to have been inexorably linked to these issues without being fully briefed. I've come to find out that Corinth has been assaulting Zero and you appeared on our vessel lighters from the Phoenix. I feel like I deserve an explanation... Sir." Leela was angry, not with the Captain, but with the situation. She had spent lifetimes avoiding the Federations shadier components and here she was. A young woman less than 2 years out of the academy; embroiled in things she could not comprehend.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Archangel's expression closed off as Leela asked what the outside forces were, leaning forward and pressing her fingertips together, elbows resting on the glossy surface of her desk, and observed the young Trill over the top of her fingers.

"I'm afraid that information is classified, Leela," she said in a firm tone of voice. "I understand that that may be a very frustrating answer for you given your previous hosts' positions, but you do not have the clearance necessary.

"As for Zero, her situation is somewhat... delicate. Under Federation law, she shouldn't exist, yet she does. Her naivite in terms of what's normal for us makes getting her free from Starfleet Medical that much harder."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Leela fiddled with her com badge wrestling with her next move. "I can accept that there are things that I cannot know." She removes her com badge and places it on the Captains desk. "Off the record... though ... we need to help her. Whether she should exist or not is not her problem. She is here. How do we rescue her from Starfleet Medical? I won't let this go ma'am. That much should be clear. And somehow I get the impression that official channels are not an option."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Sat May 16, 2015 6:53 pm

This time, an almost tired sigh escaped Archangel's lips as she sat back again, running a hand over her hair as she tried to think of what to say. She noted the quiet plink of the Trill's commbadge being set down on her desk. Lifting a hand to her own, she picked off her own, looking at it for a moment before also setting it down with a heavy heart. So many things that had to be kept off the record in order to keep Starfleet's good name in the Federation...

"I've been working on this for as long as I've known about Zero's nature. She did me a great favour a while ago and I've never forgotten that. The problem, as you said, is that official channels aren't open and, for all we talk of assault... By our definition, it's unacceptable, but to her, she thinks it's normal. That's how they've taught her and, because of that, we have a problem taking this to any JAG office."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Mon May 18, 2015 11:49 am

"I agree. Official channels seem futile." Leela took a sip of her tea. "We can't let this go Captain. I'm sure if I called Corinth and threatened to reveal it all I would quickly disappear under more then unusual circumstances and I have already been murdered once. I don't care to go through that again." She had a flashback to Lelaani. Sitting on the ledge of that cliff. The feeling of hands pushing her from the edge. It sent a momentary chill down her spine. "What if we're going about this the wrong way? Maybe the way out of this is for Zero to disappear... not Corinth. What if we find a way to remove her tracking devices. She told me that it isn't possible but has she ever explored it?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Mon May 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Archangel sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes, trying to ward off the headache in her temples. "She has explored it. When I learned what she was and, more importantly what was happening, I called her to my office to discuss options. I had already known her for a while by then, she had been responsible for the medical care of my second pregnancy and child. When she told me about it, I analysed the tracking device with every test I know from my days as an Engineer, but it's too delicate, too easy to trigger the detonation procedure."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Wed May 20, 2015 12:30 am

Leela scratched her chin I much the same way Heral used to when he was lost in though. Of course, as a female, she lacked the facial hair that made the gesture distinguishing. She took a sip of her tea and began to speak. "We'll, if we can't remove the chip from Zero. Perhaps we can remove the control at the other end. I have personal, intimate knowledge of him, what if there was someway to use that. I'm not saying blackmail, but if you choose to use that word I won't stop you."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 am

Ah, blackmail. Was that what they were resorting to now? Blackmail in order to force an Admiral to respect the individuality of a sentient being? It sounded so... Romulan. She sighed heavily, getting up and moving over to the replicator, requesting a cup of tea.

"Blackmail is a temporary solution to a long-term problem as well as one that, I might add, will get you into a significant amount of trouble." Picking up the mug, she sat down again behind her desk, rubbing her ridges with one hand as she tried to think.

"Hm... There is a possible way out of this that may actually be within the rules... It'll take a lot of work though, from all of us."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm

"Perhaps it wouldn't solve the problem long term." Leela sat back in the chair and her eyes seemed to widen as the Captain mentioned a way out of the situation. "Well, I don't fear hard work. My ears are open. What do you got?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 5:39 am

"We play by the rules," Archangel said simply, a faint smile growing on her lips as she went on to explain what she meant by that. "We've been trying to get her out from under their thumb using every means except the out clause that was originally given. Starfleet Medical has to give up custody of Zero when they deem her ready to function on her own." She took a sip of her tea before continuing. "We both know that Corinth won't let her go, and Command is perfectly happy to let that happen, but what we need to do is help her, and then prove to as many admirals and high-ranking officers that she's ready to do strike out on her own."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Seeing a smile emanate from her captains face was a rare pleasure. Leela returned the gesture with a smile of her own. "Intriguing." As an engineer Leela had an innate need for quantifiable data. "Does this clause define functionality for Zero?" The Trill thought back to Zero's behavior on the shuttle and asked pointedly. "Is Zero ready for this Captain?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Picking up a PADD, Archangel brought up the specifications of the agreement concerning Zero's custody. "The clause is rather vague. Contributing member of society, able to integrate into a group without raising suspicion, maturity on the level of a functioning adult..."

Setting the PADD aside, she sighed, rubbing her ridges as she decided to answer Leela's second question with blunt honesty. "No, she's not. We'll have to work with her quite a lot in order to get her ready. The faster she picks it up, the faster she can get out from under Starfleet Medical.

"Speaking of which, we'll need to make sure that she doesn't go back. They have a tendency to set back any progress she makes."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 3:22 pm

"Well keeping her away from Starfleet Medical should be easy enough. I'll continue to send reports to Corinth but I may choose to omit some of her accomplishments." Leela smiled again and took another sip of her tea. This was the first time her and the captain have bonded. "I'll make him think she's stagnated." Her laughter quickly turned to a sigh. "That's the easy part. How do we get her to the point where she can pass the inspection of all of these officials?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 3:55 pm

"With a lot of work," Archangel replied simply. There was no point in hiding that fact, it was so blatantly obvious. She then sighed quietly. "She's already shown flashes of maturity that indicate that she's capable of functioning on her own, but then she'll misunderstand something so completely elementary to us." She took a sip of her rapidly cooling tea, contemplating what to say next. "The bulk of the work will, unfortunately, be on your shoulders. I'll be here to facilitate when needed. You'll need to be working with her closely so that you can report back to Medical anyway, so it makes sense that you get as close to her as possible to help her develop."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Leela sighed. "I tried to get close to her. Its tough when she starts from the perspective that I am an inferior being not deserving of the oxygen I consume daily. On the shuttle, I would make inroads and then we would lose it and she would be insulting me again. At times, the way she treats people is intolerable. And to be frank, I know she loves her, but I'm not certain that Lieutenant Jiseth helps matters. She is often overly emotional and irrational."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 5:21 pm

Archangel sighed as well, pinching the bridge of her nose. "She's rude, acerbic and abrasive. She's genetically superior to us and she knows it. Thing is, as intelligent as she is in comparison to us, we still have the advantage of knowing how people work. That's all we have to work with." The Romulan paused for a moment, thinking. "When you think about it, she's still very much on a child's level of comprehension."

At the mention of Jiseth, she gave another sigh. "Jiseth is... Romulan. Emotions run very high in our species. Paranoia, overprotectiveness and irrationality just come with the territory, unfortunately. However, Jiseth is the only one of us that seems to have managed to get anywhere with her, apart from her previous... mentor."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 6:23 pm

"Well maybe I've been thinking of this all wrong." Leela shifted her body forward and her eyes seemed to shine with a new perspective. "If Jiseth has connected with her, perhaps its time we bring her in on this conversation. We're going to have to help her grow up and we won't be able to do it without her."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Thu May 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Archangel shook her head. "No. Although Jiseth has made a significant connection with Zero, we have to maintain consistency. One of Jiseth's few failings is that she cares too much for Zero and may place her comfort above what we have to teach her." Pausing for a moment, her expression seemed to soften a little. "Inform her of what we're doing, yes, but keep her out of the active training. If nothing else, it gives Zero someone to run to who isn't trying to train her, someone who's only there for her, not with an ulterior motive."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]   Today at 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down

The Captain's Ready Room [Ongoing - Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: