Share | 

First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As if she knew that she was being talked about, a little girl wandered in to sickbay, a plush Sehlat trailing behind her with its paw clutched in her hand.  It was obvious that the five-year-old was at least part Romulan, given the brow ridges and pointed ears, but the black hair hadn't been cut short in the traditional manner, but pulled back in a long plait with a blue ribbon woven through it to match the child's bright blue eyes.

She skipped over to where Ilana and Kaitlin were, grinning up at the two.

"Hello!  Are you new?  I haven't seen you before!"

As the little girl spoke Kaitlin have a warm smile to the little one. "I am new! I'm Kaitlin Dexter nice to meet you! Now who are you little one?!" She said in her surprised, but enthusiastic voice.

She had seen lots of little children before but this one seemed to stand out over the rest, she sounded a lot more enthusiastic then nervous compared to most children.

'Your wearing the wrong uniform for this.' Was in Kaitlin's mind, she was wearing the skant variant of her uniform, something she had worn a lot during her time at the academy. 'Does this make me look like filth?' Went around in her head too as her face slowly went red and she put her legs together as tight as possible.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
As the little girl spoke Kaitlin have a warm smile to the little one. "I am new! I'm Kaitlin Dexter nice to meet you! Now who are you little one?!" She said in her surprised, but enthusiastic voice.

She had seen lots of little children before but this one seemed to stand out over the rest, she sounded a lot more enthusiastic then nervous compared to most children.

'Your wearing the wrong uniform for this.' Was in Kaitlin's mind, she was wearing the skant variant of her uniform, something she had worn a lot during her time at the academy. 'Does this make me look like filth?' Went around in her head too as her face slowly went red and she put her legs together as tight as possible.

The little girl grinned up at the new member of the crew, hugging her cuddly toy close to her chest. She had always been of a more genial nature than other children, but no one had ever found out why. She completely ignored the adult's apparent discomfort with her uniform in a way that only a child could. She had seen worse in her time aboard various starship and stations in the Fleet.

"I'm Seika T'Koris!" she chirped in return, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The little girl grinned up at the new member of the crew, hugging her cuddly toy close to her chest.  She had always been of a more genial nature than other children, but no one had ever found out why.  She completely ignored the adult's apparent discomfort with her uniform in a way that only a child could.  She had seen worse in her time aboard various starship and stations in the Fleet.

"I'm Seika T'Koris!" she chirped in return, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"That's a lovely name! Would you like to come up here and sit with me?" Kaitlin loosened up a bit letting her legs go but still keeping them close together. 'This must be one of the captains, daughters.'

Kaitlin shuffled along the bed. "Here, jump on and don't be scared!" She said patting on the empty space.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"That's a lovely name! Would you like to come up here and sit with me?" Kaitlin loosened up a bit letting her legs go but still keeping them close together. 'This must be one of the captains, daughters.'

Kaitlin shuffled along the bed. "Here, jump on and don't be scared!" She said patting on the empty space.

With her grin widening a little more, Seika took the invitation and scrambled up onto the biobed next to Kaitlin. She tilted her head to one side, scrutinising the young woman for a moment, but the grin soon returned.

"You're a pilot!"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

With her grin widening a little more, Seika took the invitation and scrambled up onto the biobed next to Kaitlin.  She tilted her head to one side, scrutinising the young woman for a moment, but the grin soon returned.

"You're a pilot!"

"I am! How did you know?!" Kaitlin gave little Seika a warm smile and kept the enthusiastic voice. She loved talking to kids, you could teach them so much by telling them little things. "Do you want to be a pilot when your older? It's great fun!"

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"I am! How did you know?!" Kaitlin gave little Seika a warm smile and kept the enthusiastic voice. She loved talking to kids, you could teach them so much by telling them little things. "Do you want to be a pilot when your older? It's great fun!"

"I know because your uniform's red, but you don't have gold circles on your collar," Seika pointed out, almost squirming in delight that she had been right. It was harder to tell with the yellow uniformed personnel, and even harder with the blue, but she could generally peg which department the red uniformed people were in.

"I wanna be an eng... engee... engin... engine... engine-person, like my mummy and daddy!"

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I know because your uniform's red, but you don't have gold circles on your collar," Seika pointed out, almost squirming in delight that she had been right.  It was harder to tell with the yellow uniformed personnel, and even harder with the blue, but she could generally peg which department the red uniformed people were in.

"I wanna be an eng... engee... engin... engine... engine-person, like my mummy and daddy!"

"Well done you got it right!" Kaitlin knew that the best way to make a chip happy was to give them praise, it encouraged them along and made them feel better about themselves.

"You want to be an engineer do you? I'm sure you'll be great at that! You'll be making sure all the ship is fixed and not broken, just like your mummy and daddy do!" 'Daddy hmm? That would be... Gabriel, from what Ilana told me. Chief of engineering I think.'

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:32 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Well done you got it right!" Kaitlin knew that the best way to make a chip happy was to give them praise, it encouraged them along and made them feel better about themselves.

"You want to be an engineer do you? I'm sure you'll be great at that! You'll be making sure all the ship is fixed and not broken, just like your mummy and daddy do!" 'Daddy hmm? That would be... Gabriel, from what Ilana told me. Chief of engineering I think.'

"That's right!" Seika chirped. "I wanna be an engineer! My Daddy's the Chief Engineer here, and Mummy used to be Chief Engineer on the Discovery before..." she paused for a moment as she tried to remember exactly what her mother had said about her promotion. "before the dumb people in command promoted that nitwit to her position because they needed more command officers."

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"That's right!" Seika chirped.  "I wanna be an engineer!  My Daddy's the Chief Engineer here, and Mummy used to be Chief Engineer on the Discovery before..." she paused for a moment as she tried to remember exactly what her mother had said about her promotion.  "before the dumb people in command promoted that nitwit to her position because they needed more command officers."

"You have a big family of engineers!" Kaitlin liked talking to the younger children, nothing sad had happened in their life yet and it helped Kaitlin to forget the trauma that has happened in her lifetime and think about the bright things in life.

"You have beautiful hair Seika! Did you do that?!" Kaitlin looked at the beautiful knot in Seika's hair and observed it closely. "That's really beautiful Seika!"

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"You have a big family of engineers!" Kaitlin liked talking to the younger children, nothing sad had happened in their life yet and it helped Kaitlin to forget the trauma that has happened in her lifetime and think about the bright things in life.

"You have beautiful hair Seika! Did you do that?!" Kaitlin looked at the beautiful knot in Seika's hair and observed it closely. "That's really beautiful Seika!"

"Yep! I don't think my little sister wants to be an engineer though, but she's only two. She'll learn how much fun it is to take things apart." As Kaitlin commented on her hair, Seika's bounced happily. "No, Mummy did that before she went on duty this morning!"

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:36 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Yep!  I don't think my little sister wants to be an engineer though, but she's only two.  She'll learn how much fun it is to take things apart."  As Kaitlin commented on her hair, Seika's bounced happily.  "No, Mummy did that before she went on duty this morning!"

"It's very pretty! I think I should get tips from your mommy! I think your sister might change her mind maybe when she's older, she's only young!" Kaitlin continued saying how Seika's sister might change her mind in the near future.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 am

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"It's very pretty! I think I should get tips from your mommy! I think your sister might change her mind maybe when she's older, she's only young!" Kaitlin continued saying how Seika's sister might change her mind in the near future.

"Mummy always has to do her hair before she goes on duty, so she does mine at the same time," Seika said with a grin. "Daddy says that Aria might be an artist when she grows up, or maybe someone super smart like grandmummy!"

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Mummy always has to do her hair before she goes on duty, so she does mine at the same time," Seika said with a grin.  "Daddy says that Aria might be an artist when she grows up, or maybe someone super smart like grandmummy!"

"Your sisters name is Aria? You both have wonderful names! Being an artist would be a great thing to do! Does your sister like art?" Kaitlin looked over to Ilana. "I told you it'd be fun but no one believed me!"

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 am

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Your sisters name is Aria? You both have wonderful names! Being an artist would be a great thing to do! Does your sister like art?" Kaitlin looked over to Ilana. "I told you it'd be fun but no one believed me!"

"We both love art, but Mummy and Daddy always roll their eyes and make us take a bath whenever we use clay... or paint... or crayons, actually," Seika said, her voice trailing off thoughtfully toward the end before she caught herself again. "Daddy's says that we should always develop our artistic skills."

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 am

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:

Ilana smiled faintly as she listened to the interaction between Kaitlin and the captain's eldest daughter. She had never fostered the same kind of ease with children as the young human seemed to have.

"P-p-perhaps d-d-dealing w-with ch-ch-children is a n-n-natural t-talent f-for y-y-you," she pointed out.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"We both love art, but Mummy and Daddy always roll their eyes and make us take a bath whenever we use clay... or paint... or crayons, actually," Seika said, her voice trailing off thoughtfully toward the end before she caught herself again.  "Daddy's says that we should always develop our artistic skills."

"Do they now? I'd join in! If you keep developing your skills you can become a professional at it, or maybe your sister could become a professional!" Big money was involved in paintings and such, Kaitlin could imagine having so much money for being a famous artist, being able to get all the cars, the big houses, just being able to have everything.

Kaitlin looked over to Ilana and smiled. "I think I might have." Kaitlin grinned then looked over to Seika again.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Do they now? I'd join in! If you keep developing your skills you can become a professional at it, or maybe your sister could become a professional!" Big money was involved in paintings and such, Kaitlin could imagine having so much money for being a famous artist, being able to get all the cars, the big houses, just being able to have everything.

Kaitlin looked over to Ilana and smiled. "I think I might have." Kaitlin grinned then looked over to Seika again.

Seika pulled a face at that. "I've been trying to teach her how to take a tricorder apart, but she's not very good at it. She gets distracted by the flashing lights." She shrugged one shoulder. "Mummy and Daddy are happy about that. They said that having two children who took things apart was too much!"

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Seika pulled a face at that.  "I've been trying to teach her how to take a tricorder apart, but she's not very good at it.  She gets distracted by the flashing lights."  She shrugged one shoulder.  "Mummy and Daddy are happy about that.  They said that having two children who took things apart was too much!"

"Little children do get distracted by flashing lights, for some reason it makes them happy!" Flashing lights almost paralysed children, they seemed to be very content when they laid their eyes on flashing lights.

"I'm sure your sister will stop getting distracted when she's older, remember she's still got time to grow up!"

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Little children do get distracted by flashing lights, for some reason it makes them happy!" Flashing lights almost paralysed children, they seemed to be very content when they laid their eyes on flashing lights.

"I'm sure your sister will stop getting distracted when she's older, remember she's still got time to grow up!"

Seika's wide, happy grin turned a little guilty as she reached into the pocket of her tunic and pulled out a handful of casings and circuitry.

"Especially when it means that you can do this," she said slyly.

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Seika's wide, happy grin turned a little guilty as she reached into the pocket of her tunic and pulled out a handful of casings and circuitry.

"Especially when it means that you can do this," she said slyly.

"Do what?! Go on!" Kaitlin waited for Seika to start 'constructing' whatever she was going to construct. It was surprising how much she knew about engineering already when she was still very young.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Do what?! Go on!" Kaitlin waited for Seika to start 'constructing' whatever she was going to construct. It was surprising how much she knew about engineering already when she was still very young.

The little girl's face fell slightly as she realised that the adult wanted her to put the pieces back together again.

"Um... I don't know how to put it back together," she said in a small voice. "I'm only really good at taking them apart."

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The little girl's face fell slightly as she realised that the adult wanted her to put the pieces back together again.  

"Um... I don't know how to put it back together," she said in a small voice.  "I'm only really good at taking them apart."

"Ahh! Well I can see you've done a good job! Maybe you can teach me some time! If these are tricorder set pieces, I might be able to put it back together for you!" Kaitlin grinned at Seika, she was looking forward to seeing her reaction to what she said.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Ahh! Well I can see you've done a good job! Maybe you can teach me some time! If these are tricorder set pieces, I might be able to put it back together for you!" Kaitlin grinned at Seika, she was looking forward to seeing her reaction to what she said.

Briefly, Seika seemed to perk up again, but then deflated once more. "I'm not allowed to take tricorders apart," she replied quietly before going on to explain. "Mummy says that the crew don't like going to get a tricorder and coming away with a handful of pieces. It can cause a lot of problems if there's an emergency."

Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Briefly, Seika seemed to perk up again, but then deflated once more.  "I'm not allowed to take tricorders apart," she replied quietly before going on to explain.  "Mummy says that the crew don't like going to get a tricorder and coming away with a handful of pieces.  It can cause a lot of problems if there's an emergency."

"Ahh, well I could see that would be a problem for the crew. What are these pieces for then?" Kaitlin looked over to the rack of medical tricorders. "Stay here Seika, I'll be back in a second."

Kaitlin walked over to the tricorder rack and picked on of them up, she walked back to the bed then hopped back on. "I'll fix this Ilana." Kaitlin said to Ilana hoping she wouldn't tell any senior staff.

Kaitlin handed the tricorder to Seika. "Go on take it apart! Show me how good you are." Kaitlin hoped this would light up Seika's sad little face.

Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Ahh, well I could see that would be a problem for the crew. What are these pieces for then?" Kaitlin looked over to the rack of medical tricorders. "Stay here Seika, I'll be back in a second."

Kaitlin walked over to the tricorder rack and picked on of them up, she walked back to the bed then hopped back on. "I'll fix this Ilana." Kaitlin said to Ilana hoping she wouldn't tell any senior staff.

Kaitlin handed the tricorder to Seika. "Go on take it apart! Show me how good you are." Kaitlin hoped this would light up Seika's sad little face.

"These? They're the pieces for the holositter's emitter-thingie," Seika said proudly, tucking the pieces back into her pocket. Her mother would want them back when she got off duty that evening.

The little girl tilted her head to one side as Kaitlin picked up a tricorder and handed it to her. Her face light up as she was told to take it apart. Her little hands dove back into her pockets, pulling out a handful of child-sized tools and setting to work. In less than a minute, she had reduced the device efficiently into neatly laid out pieces and components. She looked up at Kaitlin with a wide grin on her face.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]   Today at 3:11 am

Back to top Go down

First Time For Everything [Ilana/Kaitlin]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: