Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:40 pm


Lt. Commander Shora sh'Dastos

[Starbase Athena - Promenade]

Frowning, Shora fought the urge to lean against a duranium beam in the Promenade area. One, she was a security officer, and security officers didn't often lean casually. And, most importantly, she was acting Executive Officer of the Athena with Admiral Stark out. Babysitting Starfleet's pet sociological experiment, she thought, her pale blue lips twisting in a slight frown. There was very little love lost between the Andorian and Captain T'Koris. In Shora's opinion, the Phoenix was a ticking time-bomb. She just hoped that a lot of good officers weren't collateral when the whole damn thing went Praxis.

Her people were on a higher level of alert, since there were ambassadorial crews moving in and out of the station at what seemed like all hours of the stellar day. The situation in the Romulan Empire was a minefield, and Starfleet wasn't about to let any potential inroads go to waste. Thinking of Romulans brought back the same frown, so Shora just stowed it.

A small echo clattered along the quiet corridor as she approached the bar area, her arms crossed under her breasts as her gaze took in the Ferengi proprietor. Did the little biip roozh ever sleep?

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Rama



Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:16 pm

[Rama's Place]

The echoes of the dabbo wheel filled the bar. The unmistakable sounds of joy and laughter permeated the air. It was peak hours at the bar and these were the times that Rama lived for. With every drink order and every trip the waiters made from the bar Rama's lobes tingled. It was that tingling sensation that every Ferengi gets when the smell of profit is in the air. 86 decibels He thought. She shook his head for a moment as his lobes seemed to swell with pride. He shook off the sensation to return to work. He reached for a nearby rag and began to wipe down the far corner of his bar near the promenade.

A blue statuesque looking figure caught his attention. An Andorian Starfleet officer in gold locked eyes with him for a moment. She glared and gave him the kind of look that sent chills through his body. He felt as if her eyes were staring into the depths of his would and the entire experience made him immensely uncomfortable.

"Rama... Rama..." The sounds of one of his waiters calling his name seemed to snap him out of the hold the Androians eyes seemed to of had on him. He blinked twice and moved his head around to focus his attention on his waiter. " Rama that group of Starfleet officers over there at table 19 want to order drinks and I've already got 8 tables. Rama waived dismissively to the waiter. "Okay i'll take care of it." He maneuvered form behind the bar and headed towards the table in the middle of the room.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:22 pm

[Starbase Athena - CMO's Office]

His foot twitched as he struggled to make his way through the sea of pads that was spread across his desk. In truth, there were not so many pads as that, but as he continued to grow tired, they seemed to multiply in front of his eyes. There seemed to be quite a few more people coming and going through the station of late, but perhaps that too was a product of his imagination.

Henriks set the pad down as his foot twitched yet again. There was no point working on it now. The words were beginning to blur anyways. Pushing his chair back as he stood, Henriks made his way through the doors into sickbay proper. Teo was right on his heels. The cat had hardly left his side the past few days, following him everywhere around the station.

[Corridor]

The question now was where to go. Perhaps to find Amos and a good, strong cup of coffee. Or better yet, see what his lovely lady was up to. Chira was heavily pregnant now and getting closer by the day. They would be parents soon. The realization struck Henriks hard, causing him to falter slightly in his step. Teo mewed and rubbed against his leg.

The idea that he was soon to family of his own was a very intense and powerful feeling. He was the first of his siblings to marry. Juris probably never would; he was too married to his work as a baker. Pauls... he hadn't thought of his twin for some time, a realization that startled him. Until they had joined Starfleet, he and Pauls had all but been attached to the hip. And darling little Māra. There was no doubt that with her charm and sweet nature that there would soon be wedding bells in the Ābols family again. But another face came, unbidden, to mind. Flashes of smoke and debris, his cousin lying still on the floor. Marcus had died that day, one of the many casualties of the Dominion war. How glad Henriks was that his children would not have to live through that.

Teo mewed again, and Henriks bent down to pick the cat up, only now looking to see where he feet had carried him.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 pm

[Promenade - Bar Area]

Chira smiled her little smile as she saw Shora stalk into Rama's bar. Although the Andorian girl seemed to have a mad-on for her sister-in-law, Chira had always liked Shora. The two had met at medical cross-training a few years ago, and had become fast friends. Today, though, she looked like she'd swallowed a bad plum.

If Shora looked like that, Chira certainly felt it. Her pregnancy was very advanced, now, and she felt it every day in her lower back, sore feet, swollen breasts, the whole joyous gathering of ailments. She'd always been rail-thin, even when she was a girl, and pregnancy hadn't put much more extra weight on her. Her swollen abdomen was obvious even to the most casual of observers, though, sticking out as it was underneath her loose-fitting maternity tunic.

Even though she was on leave, she was glad that Henriks was still working. Her dear husband loved his work, and he needed it to take his mind off worrying about her. Plus, when he was in the office, she could slip out and walk around the station. Henriks might think she was made of spun glass, sometimes, but it was good to move about. Even with sore feet.

"Pineapple juice, cold," she said, sitting outward on the stool and resting her back against the bar. "Please," Chira added, turning toward the waiter and winking. "And tell Mr. Rama that Shora won't peel his tenderloins for jerky. She just looks like she will."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:51 am

Chira Abols wrote:
"Pineapple juice, cold," she said, sitting outward on the stool and resting her back against the bar.  "Please," Chira added, turning toward the waiter and winking.  "And tell Mr. Rama that Shora won't peel his tenderloins for jerky.  She just looks like she will."

[Promenade]

Ilana walked slowly along the promenade, feeling a little lost since she was off duty. Since the incident, she was being forced by her colleagues to take regular breaks in order to take a walk around the station to help her reconstructed hip heal and keep the joint supple enough to function properly.

As she walked past Rama's bar, she noticed first of all that the chief of security for the station was lurking around, but her thoughts as to what the Andorian could be doing were derailed by the sight of the heavily-pregnant Chira.

Although Ilana had never really gotten to know Chira, she was happy to see a familiar face. Making her way over to the young woman, she smiled shyly.

"H-h-hello, Ch-Chira, h-h-how are y-you?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:39 am

[Promenade]

The hustle and bustle of the promenade should have told his ears where he was long before his eyes did. But he had been distracted, and he still was, come to think of it. Thoughts were flitting through his brain, none staying long enough for him to register. A huge yawn overcame him, almost dropping the heavy cat as his arms began to tire. Teo saved him the trouble by leaping down and disappearing into the crowd. Henriks made to follow, but his feet were too slow.

Henriks chuckled as he continued. It was good to be back on the station. More room for Teo to run around, more interesting people coming and going, more things to be done. But first things first, he needed something to drink. Henriks entered, intent on ordering a cup of coffee, but a certain someone caught his eye. Henriks couldn't help but grin widely, adrenaline rushing through and waking him much more than caffeine ever could. Chira was sitting at the bar, joined by Ilana, one of the other medics.

Just as Henriks was making his way towards the two ladies, a hand rustled his hair from behind. Henriks whirled around to see who it was and grinned. "Good to see you again, Amos," Henriks said, giving his friend a friendly shove.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana walked slowly along the promenade, feeling a little lost since she was off duty.  Since the incident, she was being forced by her colleagues to take regular breaks in order to take a walk around the station to help her reconstructed hip heal and keep the joint supple enough to function properly.

As she walked past Rama's bar, she noticed first of all that the chief of security for the station was lurking around, but her thoughts as to what the Andorian could be doing were derailed by the sight of the heavily-pregnant Chira.  

Although Ilana had never really gotten to know Chira, she was happy to see a familiar face.  Making her way over to the young woman, she smiled shyly.

"H-h-hello, Ch-Chira, h-h-how are y-you?"

[Promenade]

"Hey there," Chira smiled, nodding as Ilana Telak approached the bar area. She took up her drink and sipped a little. The pineapple juice had been one of her newest cravings, though it wasn't that odd of one. There were certainly odder. She didn't know Telak very well, only by reputation, though they'd crossed paths quite often in the service. "I'm doing alright. Feeling about ready to pop, but I've not been too much of a harridan for Henriks to bear. There are the cravings, however," she chuckled. "The worst of them has been deep-fried jumja stick. Which, actually, y'know...isn't that bad."

Chira felt something brush by her leg. Leaning over, she beamed happily as Teodors darted through the area. She would have picked him up, but bending double wasn't exactly something she was interested in doing right now.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
[Promenade]

"Hey there," Chira smiled, nodding as Ilana Telak approached the bar area.  She took up her drink and sipped a little.  The pineapple juice had been one of her newest cravings, though it wasn't that odd of one.  There were certainly odder.  She didn't know Telak very well, only by reputation, though they'd crossed paths quite often in the service.  "I'm doing alright.  Feeling about ready to pop, but I've not been too much of a harridan for Henriks to bear.  There are the cravings, however," she chuckled.  "The worst of them has been deep-fried jumja stick.  Which, actually, y'know...isn't that bad."

Chira felt something brush by her leg.  Leaning over, she beamed happily as Teodors darted through the area.  She would have picked him up, but bending double wasn't exactly something she was interested in doing right now.

[Promenade]

Putting on a sympathetic expression, Ilana nodded as she listened to Chira. Pregnancy was not an easy thing on the body, having to deal with all the changes, hormonal fluctuations and extra weight. She wondered briefly about what it would be like to bear a child herself, assuming that Raynor still wanted to go down that route.

"You c-c-can't h-h-have l-long t-t-to g-g-go n-now, th-though," she offered. "Sh-surely th-that's a l-l-little r-r-relief?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:26 am

[Promenade]

"Come, my friend," Amos said. "Let me get you something to drink." Henriks glanced over to where Chira sat, smiling as she chatted with Ilana. Amos followed his gaze and was soon grinning as well. "You and your lady have been missed at the station. Things just weren't the same since you left." Teo mewed, looking up indignant to have been forgotten by the Dutch man. "Ah, and you too of course, my little friend," Amos chuckled, bending down to pick up the big fluff of a cat. "Though perhaps you are not quite so little anymore."

Henriks resisted the urge to yawn. Amos, who was now scratching a content Teo behind the ear, grinned again. "Coffee would be great at the moment, Amos."

Amos nodded. "I think I can arrange some." Moving towards the bar, Amos asked, "How is your lovely lady, Chira?"

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:23 pm


Lt. Commander Shora sh'Dastos

[Promenade]

Things were blessedly quiet, even by Promenade standards. Although officers, staff and civilians were filling things out now that the shifts had changed, there didn't appear to be any problems. Still, Shora couldn't shake the small itch between her shoulderblades. It'd even woken her up in he middle of the night.

Reaching out, the Andorian caught Rama by the sleeve. Her voice tone was low, and somewhat dangerous, like a rumbling arakh-cat. "Best behavior today, Ferengi," she frowned. "You may not be Starfleet...but you will act like it today. Don't try bribing any of the diplomats."


_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Putting on a sympathetic expression, Ilana nodded as she listened to Chira.  Pregnancy was not an easy thing on the body, having to deal with all the changes, hormonal fluctuations and extra weight.  She wondered briefly about what it would be like to bear a child herself, assuming that Raynor still wanted to go down that route.

"You c-c-can't h-h-have l-long t-t-to g-g-go n-now, th-though," she offered.  "Sh-surely th-that's a l-l-little r-r-relief?"

[Promenade]

Oh man, Chira thought, you know what sounds great right now? Deep-fried jumja... Giving herself a little shake, she nodded at the Cardassian. "Hm? Oh, yeah. Well, we're looking at about two weeks or so for the delivery date, which is one of the reasons we decided to head back to the station for the birth. Of course," she shrugged, "these things have a way of not going exactly to schedule."

Chira visually followed Teodors as he moved through the crowd, smiling as she saw her husband talking to Amos, the man who had set up the dinner where Henriks had proposed to her so long ago. Catching her husband's eye, she stuck her tongue out at him, waggling her fingers beside of her head.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
[Promenade]

Oh man, Chira thought, you know what sounds great right now?  Deep-fried jumja...  Giving herself a little shake, she nodded at the Cardassian.  "Hm?  Oh, yeah.  Well, we're looking at about two weeks or so for the delivery date, which is one of the reasons we decided to head back to the station for the birth.  Of course," she shrugged, "these things have a way of not going exactly to schedule."  

Chira visually followed Teodors as he moved through the crowd, smiling as she saw her husband talking to Amos, the man who had set up the dinner where Henriks had proposed to her so long ago.  Catching her husband's eye, she stuck her tongue out at him, waggling her fingers beside of her head.

"N-n-no, I've n-n-noticed th-that in p-p-pregnancies," Ilana replied. "Even wh-wh-when C-C-Captain T-T-T'Koris g-g-gave b-birth t-to h-h-her t-t-twins, th-th-they w-were v-v-very early, although," her voice took on a slightly wistful tone, "I h-h-have often w-w-wondered wh-wh-what it w-w-would b-b-be l-like t-t-to a-actually experience ch-ch-ch-childb-birth. Y-y-you c-can r-r-r-read all y-y-y-you l-like about s-s-something l-like th-th-that, b-b-but it'll n-n-never c-come c-c-close t-t-to th-th-the e-experience itself."

Her smile turned a little guilty then. "S-s-sorry, I'm r-rambling. Sh-sh-shall w-w-we s-s-see if th-th-the b-b-bartender c-can f-f-find a... wh-what w-w-was it? A d-d-deep f-fried j-j-j-j-jumja s-s-stick?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm

[Admiral's Office]

Rachel was about to go out of her mind.

In fact, about the only reason she felt that she had retained her sanity was the fact that she had pretty much shut herself away in her office. Having so many diplomats around, especially ones that she recognised from the various functions her father had made her attend, just made her feel on edge.

Even worse, it made her feel as if her father was going to turn up on the next transport from Vulcan. Now that was enough of a thought to make any grown Admiral tremble.

With her VISOR sitting on the desk, she paced up and down in her office, listening to the computer reading out the day's reports. At least that was something that wouldn't change just because a bunch of diplomats turned up on her station.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:27 am

Ilana Telak wrote:


"N-n-no, I've n-n-noticed th-that in p-p-pregnancies," Ilana replied.  "Even wh-wh-when C-C-Captain T-T-T'Koris g-g-gave b-birth t-to h-h-her t-t-twins, th-th-they w-were v-v-very early, although," her voice took on a slightly wistful tone, "I h-h-have often w-w-wondered wh-wh-what it w-w-would b-b-be l-like t-t-to a-actually experience ch-ch-ch-childb-birth.  Y-y-you c-can r-r-r-read all y-y-y-you l-like about s-s-something l-like th-th-that, b-b-but it'll n-n-never c-come c-c-close t-t-to th-th-the e-experience itself."

Her smile turned a little guilty then.  "S-s-sorry, I'm r-rambling.  Sh-sh-shall w-w-we s-s-see if th-th-the b-b-bartender c-can f-f-find a... wh-what w-w-was it?  A d-d-deep f-fried j-j-j-j-jumja s-s-stick?"

[Promenade]

Chira glanced off to the side at the mention of Archangel's twins. She'd forgotten that, as a young medical cadet, Ilana had helped deliver Seika and Julian. The boy hadn't survived, unfortunately...and it wasn't really a topic that her sister-in-law deleved into that often. Chira felt a small flash of anxiety, touching the palm of her hand over her swollen abdomen, where she was carrying two lives herself. Medical tests had long ago confirmed what Q had told her at Christmastime.

Hell of a life, isn't it? she thought. Extradimensional beings just happen to tell me that I'm carrying twins, and I'm thinking of it as par for the course. Life in Starfleet...

"Er...no thanks," Chira smiled. "Deep-frying jumja may sound like a great idea, and it tastes wonderful, but it declares war on your internal systems." Something in Ilana's tone had caught her attention. Chira might be on leave, but she was still a counsellor. "Do you think you and Raynor are at the point in your relationship where serious talk about children can begin?"

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:41 am

Chira Abols wrote:
[Promenade]

Chira glanced off to the side at the mention of Archangel's twins.  She'd forgotten that, as a young medical cadet, Ilana had helped deliver Seika and Julian.  The boy hadn't survived, unfortunately...and it wasn't really a topic that her sister-in-law deleved into that often.  Chira felt a small flash of anxiety, touching the palm of her hand over her swollen abdomen, where she was carrying two lives herself.  Medical tests had long ago confirmed what Q had told her at Christmastime.

Hell of a life, isn't it? she thought.  Extradimensional beings just happen to tell me that I'm carrying twins, and I'm thinking of it as par for the course.  Life in Starfleet...

"Er...no thanks," Chira smiled.  "Deep-frying jumja may sound like a great idea, and it tastes wonderful, but it declares war on your internal systems."  Something in Ilana's tone had caught her attention.  Chira might be on leave, but she was still a counsellor.  "Do you think you and Raynor are at the point in your relationship where serious talk about children can begin?"

[Promenade]

Seeing the flash of anxiety on Chira's face and the hand going to her stomach, Ilana realised that bringing up a pregnancy that hadn't gone well was definitely not the thing to do.

"Y-y-y-you're n-not d-d-dealing w-w-with a h-h-hybrid p-p-pregnancy, and h-h-humans h-h-h-have b-b-been d-delivering t-t-twins w-without a p-p-problem f-for c-centuries," she tried to assure the young mother-to-be. She then looked away, a little unsure of herself. "B-b-before R-Raynor l-l-left f-for th-th-the Empire, w-w-we d-did t-talk about h-h-having ch-ch-children, b-b-but I th-th-think h-h-he's w-w-worried th-that I w-won't b-b-be able t-t-to c-carry it t-t-to t-term."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 am


Director Solan

[Space - Ujaan Vessel]

"They're gaining," Markio reported, the worry in his voice as thick and evident as it had been for the past few days.  "I don't know why they haven't overtaken us, yet.  It's almost as if they're toying with us!"  Solan had to agree, but his aged face remained as craggy and impassive as a stone.  For the past thirty years of his life, he'd devoted his energies and mind to the creation of interstellar warp drive.  That reality was achieved a decade ago, and his people, the Ujaan, had finally begun to leave their system.  

The appearance of the hostile ship had taken them all by surprise, though in retrospect, he should have known that not all space-borne cultures were not as benevolent as the Vulcans and Ithenites had been.  The latter had caused quite a stir of interest, due to the similarities of skin hues between his people and theirs.

Focus, old fool!  Focus!  His reverie was ended by a blaring alarm klaxon.  Markio reacted to it quicker, eyes widening.  "Heavy subspace radio activity ahead...two hundred degrees, mark 70.  It appears to be a large flotilla of ships, or a stationary holdfast!"  Solan nodded.  "Make for it, best possible speed. Hail them."  And the Great Bird of the Galaxy bring that they weren't these 'Romulans' that freight traders had told him about.  

Then again, just about anyone in the known Galaxy would be better than the wedge-like ship that pursued them, pointing like a dagger into his heart.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:17 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Chira visually followed Teodors as he moved through the crowd, smiling as she saw her husband talking to Amos, the man who had set up the dinner where Henriks had proposed to her so long ago.  Catching her husband's eye, she stuck her tongue out at him, waggling her fingers beside of her head.

[Promenade]

"Oh ho ho," Amos chuckled, catching the humorous look she threw at her husband. "I suppose that answers the question."

Henriks returned the expression in kind, wriggling his nose for extra effect. He beamed as he turned back to answer his friend. "Chira is absolutely wonderful. I do not know where I would be without her, or your help, my friend." A content sigh escaped his lips as he thought back to the night he had proposed, right here in the promenade. Chira had thought it was a belated birthday dinner, and the look on her face when he got down on one knee... He could not have pulled it off so well without the Dutch man's help.

"Do you still take your coffee iced?" Amos asked as they reached the bar. Henriks nodded, and soon the cold beverage was sitting in his hand. "What I mean, my friend," Amos continued, "is that it can't be much longer until she is due. How do you feel that you will soon be parents?"

"Exhilarated... and a bit terrified, to be honest," Henriks replied, taking a sip. "I can imagine how wonderful it will be to have two little ones running around, but at the same time..."

"You are afraid of what could happen," Amos finished for him. "It is to be expected with new parents, even those who already have a child as well. I'm sure all will be well."

Henriks nodded. He glanced back over to his lovely lady, that smile creeping back across his lips. Desperately he wanted to go and be with her, but he didn't want to intrude on the ladies' talk. He looked back to Amos, who simply shrugged and grinned.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Seeing the flash of anxiety on Chira's face and the hand going to her stomach, Ilana realised that bringing up a pregnancy that hadn't gone well was definitely not the thing to do.  

"Y-y-y-you're n-not d-d-dealing w-w-with a h-h-hybrid p-p-pregnancy, and h-h-humans h-h-h-have b-b-been d-delivering t-t-twins w-without a p-p-problem f-for c-centuries," she tried to assure the young mother-to-be.  She then looked away, a little unsure of herself.  "B-b-before R-Raynor l-l-left f-for th-th-the Empire, w-w-we d-did t-talk about h-h-having ch-ch-children, b-b-but I th-th-think h-h-he's w-w-worried th-that I w-won't b-b-be able t-t-to c-carry it t-t-to t-term."

Nodding, Chira took a drink of her pineapple juice, finishing off the beverage and sliding the glass back toward the barkeep. Telak's concerns certainly were not unjustified. Even calling the Cardassian 'slight' was almost an understatement. All her life, Chira had been thin, and somewhat lanky - a trait that she shared with her brothers. Still, Ilana's weight sometimes bordered on unhealthy...at least, when her Klingon wasn't here to make sure she ate. Chira never could understand some officers, especially those that were research-oriented, and their propensity to skip meals. How could such rational and intelligent minds not see the obviousness of their body's need for fuel?

Thinking of food brought unbidden images of things she'd like to eat, most of them fried. She mentally waved the images away, re-focusing on her conversation. "There are ways, and I'm sure you know more about them than I do. But...if you cannot carry a Klingon child, even a hybrid Klingon, it can still be grown outside of the womb." She flashed a quick smile. "In that man's thick head is the mind of a scientist, after all. I know you'll figure it out."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
Posts : 98
Join date : 2015-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:57 pm

NPC wrote:

Director Solan

[Space - Ujaan Vessel]

"They're gaining," Markio reported, the worry in his voice as thick and evident as it had been for the past few days.  "I don't know why they haven't overtaken us, yet.  It's almost as if they're toying with us!"  Solan had to agree, but his aged face remained as craggy and impassive as a stone.  For the past thirty years of his life, he'd devoted his energies and mind to the creation of interstellar warp drive.  That reality was achieved a decade ago, and his people, the Ujaan, had finally begun to leave their system.  

The appearance of the hostile ship had taken them all by surprise, though in retrospect, he should have known that not all space-borne cultures were not as benevolent as the Vulcans and Ithenites had been.  The latter had caused quite a stir of interest, due to the similarities of skin hues between his people and theirs.

Focus, old fool!  Focus!  His reverie was ended by a blaring alarm klaxon.  Markio reacted to it quicker, eyes widening.  "Heavy subspace radio activity ahead...two hundred degrees, mark 70.  It appears to be a large flotilla of ships, or a stationary holdfast!"  Solan nodded.  "Make for it, best possible speed.  Hail them."  And the Great Bird of the Galaxy bring that they weren't these 'Romulans' that freight traders had told him about.  

Then again, just about anyone in the known Galaxy would be better than the wedge-like ship that pursued them, pointing like a dagger into his heart.

[Operations Center]

Kristen had just began her duty shift a few moments earlier. As she ran through the stations routine systems check her sensors began to flash. What the hell... She thought as she saw the alien vessel approaching the vessel. It was apparent that the ship was being pursued but it was too far out of range for her to determine exactly what was happen. She looked up and began to make her report. "Sir." Her fingers ran across the console. "We've got a ship just entering sensor range. Its on an intercept course with the station. They're being purs ... " She was cut off by a beeping that began to illuminate her communications panel. ".. And their hailing, sir. Shall I put it on the main viewer?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:47 am

Kristen Young wrote:
[Operations Center]

Kristen had just began her duty shift a few moments earlier. As she ran through the stations routine systems check her sensors began to flash. What the hell... She thought as she saw the alien vessel approaching the vessel. It was apparent that the ship was being pursued but it was too far out of range for her to determine exactly what was happen. She looked up and began to make her report. "Sir." Her fingers ran across the console. "We've got a ship just entering sensor range. Its on an intercept course with the station. They're being purs ... " She was cut off by a beeping that began to illuminate her communications panel. ".. And their hailing, sir. Shall I put it on the main viewer?"

[Operations Centre]

As soon as the ship on the sensors had been detected, Rachel had been called out in to the command centre of the station. With her VISOR back in place over her eyes, she stepped out of her office and took command, looking to the main viewer.

"Put it on the screen, ensign, let's see what we're dealing with."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:00 am

Chira Abols wrote:
Thinking of food brought unbidden images of things she'd like to eat, most of them fried.  She mentally waved the images away, re-focusing on her conversation.  "There are ways, and I'm sure you know more about them than I do.  But...if you cannot carry a Klingon child, even a hybrid Klingon, it can still be grown outside of the womb."  She flashed a quick smile.  "In that man's thick head is the mind of a scientist, after all.  I know you'll figure it out."

[Promenade]

Ilana offered the other woman a slight smile. Yes, she was aware of the various means through which someone like her could have a child without having to go through the dangers of carrying it herself, but for some reason, none of them appealed to her. She wanted to have the pregnancy, at least once.

"H-h-how w-w-would y-you h-h-have f-f-felt if s-s-someone h-had t-t-told y-you th-th-that y-y-you sh-sh-shouldn't h-h-have y-y-your b-b-babies n-n-naturally, b-b-because y-you w-w-were t-too f-f-frail? W-w-would y-y-you h-h-have b-been h-happy t-t-to s-s-see th-them d-develop outside of y-y-your w-womb?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:16 am

[Promenade]

"Well, you know," Amos went on, laughing, "if you and the lady ever need a night to yourself, I'm sure Teodors and I can manage to babysit." Hearing his name, the fluffy maine coon jumped up onto the empty bar stool that stood between the two men, chest puffed as if it were a pedestal. At the same time, it gave the verbal message, 'Pet me. Pet me now.'

Henriks obliged, running his head along Teo's fur, from head to tail several times before downing the rest of his drink. Amos raised a brow slightly, like he knew that Henriks just couldn't stay away from Chira any longer. "Go, my friend," Amos said. "We will meet again soon, I'm sure. After all, there is not far we can go on the station. And your lady awaits."

The two friends grinned, and Henriks turned to make his way over to where the ladies sat. Teo raised his head up at Amos, expecting a quick scratch, before hopping down off the stool to follow his human. "Labdien, dāmas," Henriks said when he reached the two.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana offered the other woman a slight smile.  Yes, she was aware of the various means through which someone like her could have a child without having to go through the dangers of carrying it herself, but for some reason, none of them appealed to her.  She wanted to have the pregnancy, at least once.

"H-h-how w-w-would y-you h-h-have f-f-felt if s-s-someone h-had t-t-told y-you th-th-that y-y-you sh-sh-shouldn't h-h-have y-y-your b-b-babies n-n-naturally, b-b-because y-you w-w-were t-too f-f-frail?  W-w-would y-y-you h-h-have b-been h-happy t-t-to s-s-see th-them d-develop outside of y-y-your w-womb?"

[Promenade]

"Of course not, Ilana," Chira quietly answered, touching the other woman's knee in a reassuring manner. "I wouldn't have been happy at all with that." She was silent for a moment, noting happily that Henriks was finally making his way over. "Sometimes, though...sometimes, it's not about what we want. It's about what we need to do. If I knew that carrying the babies would mean a danger to them or me...yes, I'd do whatever was required, whether it made me happy or not." She smiled again. "Once the babies enter the equation, it's not about what we want, anymore."

Henriks Abols wrote:
The two friends grinned, and Henriks turned to make his way over to where the ladies sat. Teo raised his head up at Amos, expecting a quick scratch, before hopping down off the stool to follow his human. "Labdien, dāmas," Henriks said when he reached the two.

Chira made her way off the chair as Henriks approached, grunting softly as she did so. She kissed him quickly on the lips, settling back down. "Khaeíre, my love," she replied, matching his Latvian with some Centauran.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:59 pm


Director Solan

[External Space]

Solan let a small sigh of relief out through his chapped lips as the looming presence of a starbase filled the viewer of the ship.  "Is the channel still open?" he asked, barely waiting for Markio's return nod before the old man keyed the external comm link.  

"Station, this is Science Director Solan of the planet Ujaan!  Requesting immediate docking and sanctuary!  We have hostile pursuit close behind, and pray your succor!  Repeating, this is Science Director Solan..."

He hoped the message was going through...and, if it did, the people on the station would answer.  They were his only hope.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:03 am

Chira Abols wrote:

[Promenade]

Chira made her way off the chair as Henriks approached, grunting softly as she did so.  She kissed him quickly on the lips, settling back down.  "Khaeíre, my love," she replied, matching his Latvian with some Centauran.  

[Promenade]

Henriks tried to resist the urge to grin widely like a fool as her lips touched his, something that was hard to do whenever she was with him. She just made him feel so wonderful and at peace that it was hard not to show it. But somehow he managed a softer, but still warm, smile. "Mana saulīte," he replied in kind, giving her hand a quick peck as she sat back down. Centauran was a language he did not know well, but he was working on that.

"How are you today, Ms. Telak?" Henriks asked.


_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Today at 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: