Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:01 am

Myree Grell wrote:


[Hangar Bay]

"Well," Myree said, her face somewhat apprehensive, "here we go, I guess."  She ducked through the nearly-ruined airlock, flinching at how dark and scorched everything was.  "I can't believe they even made it this far," she said, shaking her head.  Although her coppery hair was tied up in a bun, it still felt like bits of char were getting stuck in it.  

The Orion girl's heart sank even more as she saw one of the bodies.  Although the ship was small, it had held a handful of crew.  They probably all knew each other, she thought, feeling a wave of sadness wash over her.  They might even have been family or something.  "Okay..." she said, pointedly ignoring the ruination around her.  She was an officer, after all, and had a job to do.  "If I was a data card...where would I be hiding..."  With a little bit of convincing, a panel came off the main console, revealing a small nest of microfilaments suspended in polymer casing, like a little motherboard.  "Sig...can we get these plugged into our computer reader?"

As with most things in their life, Sigma approached the ruined interior of the ship with the mindset of one focused on understanding what they were seeing. Unfortunately, the sight of burnt flesh and charred machinery was most certainly not a pleasant understanding to undertake.

They kept their mouth shut and refrained from any commentary on the way these people must have died. Screaming in pain, Sigma thought silently. When Myree asked them a question about the internal workings of the mess of electronic equipment, Sigma swiveled their cybernetic eye toward it, to see what they could glean from that what their other organic eye could not.

The Deltan frowned at what they saw.

"I think... that we might be able to connect the two. Unfortunately, there has been a severe power surge in a grouping of these filaments..." Sigma's fingers clicked lightly against the devices to demonstrate what they meant as they thought about possibilities.

"If we bypass this..." they muttered to themself, lightly touching at the piece of equipment, "it's possible we could get around the damage." As they talked, they began pulling some equipment out of their bag that would allow them to properly bypass the appropriate passages.

"How much time do we have?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:01 pm

NPC wrote:
*Your attempt at dissembling will not succeed, Rachel Deacon of the United Federation of Planets.  You know your atmosphere is like unto death to us.  Not only do you scoff at our law, you threaten us.  If you offer harbor to this fugitive, you are on the wrong end of Tholian law.  Forty-seven Earth seconds have elapsed, one minute thirteen remain.  Your decision?*

[Starbase Athena - Operations Centre]

"My apologies, Commander, there appears to be a misunderstanding. We are capable of isolating sections of the station in order to convert the atmosphere inside to your needs," Rachel replied, although she was careful to keep her tone from being too placating or wheedling, more a simple statement of fact. The Tholians wouldn't take kindly to such things, more likely to see it as a sign of weakness. "We are currently rendering medical assistance to the sole survivor, which he is in great need of. I'm sure you are aware of the Federation mission to aid all those in need. I would be violating our laws if I turned him over before my medics say that he is healthy enough."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Mira



Posts : 133
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:12 pm

[Starbase Athena - Docking Bay]

Since she didn't have much of a grasp of Engineering systems or anything else that the three officers seemed to be looking at, Mira concentrated on keeping an eye on any potential security threats that she could perceive. Then again, since she got the distinct impression that this whole ship was about to blow up at any moment, she wasn't all that sure that there was going to be anything that she could do about it.

"I don't want to hurry any of you, but maybe we could just strip out what we need and put it together in one of the labs?" she offered, looking a little uncomfortable as a console sparked next to her.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 55
Join date : 2015-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:

As with most things in their life, Sigma approached the ruined interior of the ship with the mindset of one focused on understanding what they were seeing. Unfortunately, the sight of burnt flesh and charred machinery was most certainly not a pleasant understanding to undertake.

They kept their mouth shut and refrained from any commentary on the way these people must have died. Screaming in pain, Sigma thought silently. When Myree asked them a question about the internal workings of the mess of electronic equipment, Sigma swiveled their cybernetic eye toward it, to see what they could glean from that what their other organic eye could not.

The Deltan frowned at what they saw.

"I think... that we might be able to connect the two. Unfortunately, there has been a severe power surge in a grouping of these filaments..." Sigma's fingers clicked lightly against the devices to demonstrate what they meant as they thought about possibilities.

"If we bypass this..." they muttered to themself, lightly touching at the piece of equipment, "it's possible we could get around the damage." As they talked, they began pulling some equipment out of their bag that would allow them to properly bypass the appropriate passages.

"How much time do we have?"

[Ship Wreckage]

Myree smiled, watching Sigma delve into the logistics of getting the comm records to jive with their tech. She knew how much her friend enjoyed things like this, all those little granular things that make up equipment and tools. Are we friends? Do I have my first friend on this station? The Orion girl hoped so. Sigma was one of the few people who didn't look like they were imagining her naked.

"Uh...not a lot of time," she said, shaking her head and jolting back to the present. "Not with Tholians outside, we probably don't."

Mira wrote:
"I don't want to hurry any of you, but maybe we could just strip out what we need and put it together in one of the labs?" she offered, looking a little uncomfortable as a console sparked next to her.

Nodding, Myree glanced at the airlock. "Oh. I think we could probably take it all out of here. I guess this place is pretty questionable." Also, there were fewer dead people in the rest of the station.


_______________________________

For full bio, click the lovely shade of green.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:20 am

Myree Grell wrote:


[Ship Wreckage]

Myree smiled, watching Sigma delve into the logistics of getting the comm records to jive with their tech.  She knew how much her friend enjoyed things like this, all those little granular things that make up equipment and tools.  Are we friends?  Do I have my first friend on this station?  The Orion girl hoped so.  Sigma was one of the few people who didn't look like they were imagining her naked.

"Uh...not a lot of time," she said, shaking her head and jolting back to the present.  "Not with Tholians outside, we probably don't."



Nodding, Myree glanced at the airlock.  "Oh.  I think we could probably take it all out of here.  I guess this place is pretty questionable."  Also, there were fewer dead people in the rest of the station.


Tholians. Don't want those. Nope.

"Ah, right..." Sigma looked forlornly at the cables in front of them. They didn't really fancy the uidea of tearing out all that wonderful wiring from the walls, but if the security minion said they needed to leave, there wasn't a choice to be made.

"Roger that," the Deltan muttered, dropping the tool they were intending to use and instead retrieving a separator. Some tugging, cutting, and a shower of sparks later, Sigma had the components they needed free.

They tucked the pieces into the bad they'd brought, then nodded politely to the other officers. "Squared away. Let's leave, please?" Sigma didn't want to spend a single moment they didn't have to more among these bodies.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
Posts : 98
Join date : 2015-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:22 am

Sigma Nu wrote:


Tholians. Don't want those. Nope.

"Ah, right..." Sigma looked forlornly at the cables in front of them. They didn't really fancy the uidea of tearing out all that wonderful wiring from the walls, but if the security minion said they needed to leave, there wasn't a choice to be made.

"Roger that," the Deltan muttered, dropping the tool they were intending to use and instead retrieving a separator. Some tugging, cutting, and a shower of sparks later, Sigma had the components they needed free.

They tucked the pieces into the bad they'd brought, then nodded politely to the other officers. "Squared away. Let's leave, please?" Sigma didn't want to spend a single moment they didn't have to more among these bodies.

Kristen wasn't certain that ripping alien technology away from the wall was the best idea. It could be inadvertently harmed, Kristen believed. As they moved to remove the technology she attempted to interject. "I'm not sure that.." The sparks began to fly from the panel. "Never mind." Kristen added realizing her objections were moot, at this point.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:33 pm


Commander Erskine

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"My apologies, Commander, there appears to be a misunderstanding.  We are capable of isolating sections of the station in order to convert the atmosphere inside to your needs," Rachel replied, although she was careful to keep her tone from being too placating or wheedling, more a simple statement of fact.  The Tholians wouldn't take kindly to such things, more likely to see it as a sign of weakness.  "We are currently rendering medical assistance to the sole survivor, which he is in great need of.  I'm sure you are aware of the Federation mission to aid all those in need.  I would be violating our laws if I turned him over before my medics say that he is healthy enough."

[Mab'v Thol]

*We are not concerned with violation of your laws. You have already given succor to fugitives. If you will not hand the violators over, an even larger example will need be made. You seem to believe this is a negotiation, Rachel Deacon of the United Federation of Planets. Allow us to disabuse you of that notion.*

End transmission, Erskine thought, shifting their focus as the order was carried out. Are all stations in readiness? Affirmatives echoed through the communication lattice. Erskine allowed themself a momentary flash of pleasure. Then...deploy the web. They had promised, after all, to give the Federation station until the end of the countdown to consider the Tholian position. Nothing had been said about keeping the ship idle.

Outside, dozens of small hatches opened on the large, wedge-shaped Tholian ship. Out of each came a smaller version of the main flagship. The drone craft shot out from the main body, moving into synchronous positions.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 55
Join date : 2015-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Kristen Young wrote:

Kristen wasn't certain that ripping alien technology away from the wall was the best idea. It could be inadvertently harmed, Kristen believed. As they moved to remove the technology she attempted to interject. "I'm not sure that.." The sparks began to fly from the panel. "Never mind." Kristen added realizing her objections were moot, at this point.

Myree had to marvel at the speed with which the Engineering and Operations people went to work on those datacards. Of course, she'd dipped into cross-training - most officers did, at one point or another. But these two seemed like something else entirely.

Soon enough, the information was processed and decoded, re-worked through their own systems and translators. Myree couldn't say she was very surprised at what was contained therein.

'Unidentified vessel, you are in violation of Tholian space', said the high-pitched, domineering voice.

'This is Science Director Solan of Planet Ujaan,' came the response. Myree recognized the voice of the old man currently in the Main Ops station. 'Can you re-send your transmission? We cannot hear anything but noise and static.'

'Turn around and leave this sector. You have thirty seconds to comply. If you do not, the Tholian Assembly will assume this incursion was intentional.'

'Please, repeat? We cannot understand. Our engines are fluctuating, and FTL power is going on- and off-line. Can you render assistance?'

'Our records indicate that this is your species' first violation of Tholian sovereignty. Your world will be spared, but an example will be made of you as violators. Your time limit has expired.'

After that, it was basically academic...lots of firing, and screaming...

"We have to show the admiral this," she breathed, going a little paler shade of green.


_______________________________

For full bio, click the lovely shade of green.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:40 pm

NPC wrote:
*We are not concerned with violation of your laws. You have already given succor to fugitives. If you will not hand the violators over, an even larger example will need be made. You seem to believe this is a negotiation, Rachel Deacon of the United Federation of Planets. Allow us to disabuse you of that notion.*

NPC wrote:
Suddenly, the Ujaan jumped up from where he sat, shoving past the doctor, intent on charging toward Solan.  "You crazy old bastard!  This is your fault!  You tried to make us walk the paths of the gods!"

[Operations Centre]

Rachel managed to contain her annoyance at the fact that her attempts at talking their way out of the awkward situation with the Tholians. Growing up with Vulcans gave one quite a lot of practise in appearing calm and composed in every situation.

That calm was apparently going to be severely tested by one of the Ujaan who had followed the Director up to the operations centre as he attempted to attack the Director. While she may be an admiral stuck with what was essentially a desk job, she had come up through the sec/tac department to earn her points, and that was not a lifestyle that one forgot quickly.

Vaulting over a console, she quickly attempted to grab the Ujaan's arm and twist it up behind his back in an effective hold, starting to regret the fact that she had sent away the security officer who had originally accompanied them.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:28 am

[Ops]

From the corner of his eye, Henriks watched the group leave for the Ujaan ship. Henriks almost turned to follow, after all, it was always a good idea to have a medic present when exploring an unfamiliar vessel, but also he wanted to examine the bodies. But as time passed, it seemed to be more and more a dangerous idea. First, he wanted to run a few more scans on the director.

Henriks listened without comment as the admiral conversed with the Tholian. If he strained his ears, he could almost hear the Tholian's native voice beneath that of the universal translator. And with every remark, the Tholian threatened destruction. The Ujaan ship is not someplace he'd want to be right now.

Rachel Deacon wrote:

[Operations Centre]
Vaulting over a console, she quickly attempted to grab the Ujaan's arm and twist it up behind his back in an effective hold, starting to regret the fact that she had sent away the security officer who had originally accompanied them.

A sudden rush of motion almost caused Henriks to stumble back. One moment, the admiral was calmly talking with the Tholian, the next she was vaulting over a console to tackle a green-skinned.... Ujaan? They're all dead, the Director had said, when Henriks asked him about his crew.

Henriks put his tricorder down and snatched up a hypo, prepping it with sedatives, ready to press it to the Ujaan's neck if need be.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
Posts : 98
Join date : 2015-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:13 am

Myree Grell wrote:


Myree had to marvel at the speed with which the Engineering and Operations people went to work on those datacards.  Of course, she'd dipped into cross-training - most officers did, at one point or another.  But these two seemed like something else entirely.

Soon enough, the information was processed and decoded, re-worked through their own systems and translators.  Myree couldn't say she was very surprised at what was contained therein.

'Unidentified vessel, you are in violation of Tholian space', said the high-pitched, domineering voice.  

'This is Science Director Solan of Planet Ujaan,' came the response.  Myree recognized the voice of the old man currently in the Main Ops station.  'Can you re-send your transmission?  We cannot hear anything but noise and static.'

'Turn around and leave this sector.  You have thirty seconds to comply.  If you do not, the Tholian Assembly will assume this incursion was intentional.'

'Please, repeat?  We cannot understand.  Our engines are fluctuating, and FTL power is going on- and off-line.  Can you render assistance?'

'Our records indicate that this is your species' first violation of Tholian sovereignty.  Your world will be spared, but an example will be made of you as violators.  Your time limit has expired.'

After that, it was basically academic...lots of firing, and screaming...

"We have to show the admiral this," she breathed, going a little paler shade of green.


Kristen was stunned by what she had witnessed. A ship was clearly in distress and asking for assistance. And instead of aiding them the Tholians opened fire. "This... this is just inconceivable." She uttered after the transmission cut off. She turned to Myree. "You're right. We must get to ops.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 55
Join date : 2015-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 am

Kristen Young wrote:

Kristen was stunned by what she had witnessed. A ship was clearly in distress and asking for assistance. And instead of aiding them the Tholians opened fire. "This... this is just inconceivable." She uttered after the transmission cut off. She turned to Myree. "You're right. We must get to ops.

"Let's not waste time, then," the Orion agreed, rushing past Mira and Sigma, hoping they followed but not checking to make sure. She paused just long enough to send the datastream to the computers in Ops.

[Ops]

Myree stopped up short as the 'lift opened up into the Main Operations command center of the station, her eyes widening a touch at the commotion that was going on. And I thought starbase life was supposed to be *quiet*, she thought, composing herself with a small clearing of the throat. "Admiral! You have to tell the Tholians that these people didn't mean to trespass!" It suddenly hit her that she basically told an admiral what to do. "Uh. I mean...you should tell them? I dunno," she said, her cheeks flushing dark green as she dashed toward her workstation.

_______________________________

For full bio, click the lovely shade of green.

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:55 pm


Lt. Commander Shora sh'Dastos

[Ops Center]

Damned Tholians, Shora thought, keeping her expression in check.  Inside, however, the Andorian was seething.  One, that the Tholians would have the temerity to actually come into Federation space and threaten them, never mind that they were out in the proverbial wilderlands themselves.  And, two, that Admiral Deacon seemed to continue to want to play verbal games with those crystalline animals!

"Admiral," the Andorian hissed, her voice a tightly-controlled, coiled spring of surly attitude.  Any day that began with Rama and ended with Tholians was a wash, anyway.  "I must insist we put this station on battle alert!  With all due respect," she hastily added at the end. She'd arrived in Ops just as the old man had been seemingly attacking his compatriot. This day was going from bad to worse.

[Outside - Local Space]

The drone ships quickly settled into their orbit, responding to a silent command sent from the main communication lattice of Erskine's flagship.  On that command, those wedge-shaped drones opened hatches of their own, emitting long streams of bright yellowish energy.  Rather than attack the station as weapons, though, the energy streams made contact with an adjacent drone, forming a large, crackling network of lines that formed what could only be called a web.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Mira



Posts : 133
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:18 pm

[Operations Centre]

As the unlikely little group arrived back at the operations centre of the Starbase, they were confronted by an unlikely scene of the Admiral with one of the Ujaan in an armlock. Mira was aware that Deacon had come up through the security and tactical department, but her station now didn't mean that she was supposed to tussle with the security risks.

Quickly stepping forward, she took over, holding the Ujaan securely off to the side as she slipped a pair of cuffs onto his wrists. However, she then froze as the station's computer uploaded the current tactical sensor data into her matrix.

"Admiral, I think we're in trouble," she said, referring to the web that was starting to be spun around the station.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:29 pm

[Operations centre]

There was quite the influx of information for Rachel two rather large things happened at once: First of all was the station's proximity detectors going off due to the Tholian vessels, and the second was the arrival of the team that had been sent to look at the Ujaans' ship.

With the Ujaan she had been holding off the Director taken care of by Mira, she was then free to address the other speakers in ops. Calmly straightening her uniform, she first turned her attention to the Orion science Ensign who had burst in.

"I am aware of that fact, Ensign. The Director was kind enough to relate the details of their encounter, although I assume that you have found proof of that on the data chips from his ship, given your reactions," she replied in an even tone of voice. She then looked to the Andorian apparently sulking around the edges of the command centre. "I agree, Commander. Everyone, red alert. We have a situation. Science, tactical and operations, scan that web and see if there's any way to dissolve it."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
Posts : 98
Join date : 2015-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:12 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:
[Operations centre]

There was quite the influx of information for Rachel two rather large things happened at once:  First of all was the station's proximity detectors going off due to the Tholian vessels, and the second was the arrival of the team that had been sent to look at the Ujaans' ship.

With the Ujaan she had been holding off the Director taken care of by Mira, she was then free to address the other speakers in ops.  Calmly straightening her uniform, she first turned her attention to the Orion science Ensign who had burst in.

"I am aware of that fact, Ensign.  The Director was kind enough to relate the details of their encounter, although I assume that you have found proof of that on the data chips from his ship, given your reactions," she replied in an even tone of voice.  She then looked to the Andorian apparently sulking around the edges of the command centre.  "I agree, Commander.  Everyone, red alert.  We have a situation.  Science, tactical and operations, scan that web and see if there's any way to dissolve it."

[Operations Center]

Kristen quietly watched as the scene played out around her. She locked eyes with Mira with a look of concern covering her face. She couldn't shake the bad feeling that this entire situation was giving her. As the captain ordered red alert Kristen quickly moved around her console and took her station.

"Aye sir. Shields up and weapons systems are online. I've loaded all 46 torpedoes bays and the phasers are at your disposal." She moved her attention to the web outside the station. "Admiral, these scans are off the charts. I can't make heads or tails of this data." She looked over to her colleague, Myree, at the science station. "Myree, what do you make of this?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:28 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:
[Operations centre]

There was quite the influx of information for Rachel two rather large things happened at once:  First of all was the station's proximity detectors going off due to the Tholian vessels, and the second was the arrival of the team that had been sent to look at the Ujaans' ship.

With the Ujaan she had been holding off the Director taken care of by Mira, she was then free to address the other speakers in ops.  Calmly straightening her uniform, she first turned her attention to the Orion science Ensign who had burst in.

"I am aware of that fact, Ensign.  The Director was kind enough to relate the details of their encounter, although I assume that you have found proof of that on the data chips from his ship, given your reactions," she replied in an even tone of voice.  She then looked to the Andorian apparently sulking around the edges of the command centre.  "I agree, Commander.  Everyone, red alert.  We have a situation.  Science, tactical and operations, scan that web and see if there's any way to dissolve it."

[Ops]

The small group returned much sooner than Henriks would expected. But he had been deeply focussed on the Ujaans, one of which was now in the security hologram's hold, and the impending approach of the Tholians led speed and urgency to the work on the Ujaan ship.

The Tholians were almost here! The station was now on red alert. "I will be heading back to sickbay," Henriks said, mostly in the direction of the admiral and the Ujaan director, "to prep for any possible casualties." The director seemed stable enough, medically, that Henriks felt comfortable leaving him. "Do come to sickbay if you need anything," he added to the director. With that, Henriks made his exit.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm

[Promenade]

Chira flinched as the entire station went to Red Alert, rolling her eyes heavenward and sighing at Ilana. "Well, Dr. Telak," she said, bracing herself against the edge of the bar. "Guess that's my call to get my butt to general quarters. Do make sure Henriks takes care of himself, will you?" She pushed against the bar, hoisting herself to her feet. Those feet groaned in protest, since they were already sore, but she couldn't exactly justify asking to be transported to quarters.

"Urgh," she grunted, as a sharp pain shot through her abdomen. "Oh...oh-kay. I guess I need to sit down again, after all."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 55
Join date : 2015-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Kristen Young wrote:


Kristen quietly watched as the scene played out around her. She locked eyes with Mira with a look of concern covering her face. She couldn't shake the bad feeling that this entire situation was giving her. As the captain ordered red alert Kristen quickly moved around her console and took her station.

"Aye sir. Shields up and weapons systems are online. I've loaded all 46 torpedoes bays and the phasers are at your disposal." She moved her attention to the web outside the station. "Admiral, these scans are off the charts. I can't make heads or tails of this data." She looked over to her colleague, Myree, at the science station. "Myree, what do you make of this?"

[Ops]

"Well! Um. I agree about the energy. The readings, they're...well, I agree. They're off the charts," Myree said, wincing slightly at the repetition of that particularly hoary cliche. Sometimes, though, there just wasn't any other way to describe it. "We're enveloped in it." She continued to work furiously at her station, her green face scrunched up in concentration. "One thing's for certain, their web technology has markedly improved since the Federation's last encounters with them, the main of which being in 2268, the USS Defiant incident in the Interphasic Rift. And few and far between encounters after that."

Myree glanced up, her cheeks turning dark green as she looked back down at her console. "I...minored in Federation History."

_______________________________

For full bio, click the lovely shade of green.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
Posts : 98
Join date : 2015-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 pm

Myree Grell wrote:


[Ops]

"Well!  Um.  I agree about the energy.  The readings, they're...well, I agree.  They're off the charts," Myree said, wincing slightly at the repetition of that particularly hoary cliche.  Sometimes, though, there just wasn't any other way to describe it.  "We're enveloped in it."  She continued to work furiously at her station, her green face scrunched up in concentration.  "One thing's for certain, their web technology has markedly improved since the Federation's last encounters with them, the main of which being in 2268, the USS Defiant incident in the Interphasic Rift.  And few and far between encounters after that."

Myree glanced up, her cheeks turning dark green as she looked back down at her console.  "I...minored in Federation History."

[Operations Center]

History was definitely not Kristen's strength. She barely passed it in her time at the academy. Kristen typically didn't care for know it alls, however, in this case she would make an exception. In this instance it would seem the Myree's obscure history knowledge might just save them all. "Well don't leave us in suspense, Myree, how did they get out of it?" She smiled and looked to Mira for reassurance.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:25 am

Henriks briskly made his way towards sickbay at a pace that was almost a run, the medkit in hand thumping lightly against his leg with every step. Now that the klaxons were blaring in full, it seemed as if the whole station had uprooted itself to move to battle stations.

[Sickbay]

By the time Henriks got to Sickbay, every active medic who had been off-duty were flooding into the department. Preparations had already begun and seemed to be moving smoothly. Tools were organized, supply levels were double checked, and biobeds were prepped and ready to go.

There was only one thing he missed. His lovely lady. But with the red alert sounding, she was to be heading to their quarters. He also noticed the lack of a certain furry animal, but he would have shooed the cat out anyways. Teo had no place in sickbay during red alert. As it was, Teo was supposed to be watching Chira, especially with the twins almost due.

Giving a quick glance around the room, things looked quiet enough that he could scrawl a quick message to Chira, making sure she was alright. He would have preferred to have a conversation, but it was too loud in sickbay and time was pressing.

With that turned, he prepared to have a short briefing with the sickbay staff over the Ujaan and the incoming Tholians.


_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
[Promenade]

Chira flinched as the entire station went to Red Alert, rolling her eyes heavenward and sighing at Ilana.  "Well, Dr. Telak," she said, bracing herself against the edge of the bar.  "Guess that's my call to get my butt to general quarters.  Do make sure Henriks takes care of himself, will you?"  She pushed against the bar, hoisting herself to her feet.  Those feet groaned in protest, since they were already sore, but she couldn't exactly justify asking to be transported to quarters.

"Urgh," she grunted, as a sharp pain shot through her abdomen.  "Oh...oh-kay.  I guess I need to sit down again, after all."

[Promenade]

As soon as the red alert had sounded, Ilana had gotten to her feet, intending to head back to sickbay to assume her post there in preparation for any casualties coming through from whatever trouble they were in now. Before she could actually leave, however, a soft grunt of pain from Chira alerted her to a potentially more immediate problem.

Without her tricorder with her, there was no way to take any scans to verify anything, but a quick look through her memory reminded her that Chira and Henriks had announced the pregnancy at the Christmas gathering on the station, and that had been roughly eight months ago. Since twins were only very rarely carried to term...

With concern on her face, Ilana reached out to gently touch the young woman's arm. "Are y-y-y-you experiencing c-c-contractions?"

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 55
Join date : 2015-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Kristen Young wrote:

History was definitely not Kristen's strength. She barely passed it in her time at the academy. Kristen typically didn't care for know it alls, however, in this case she would make an exception. In this instance it would seem the Myree's obscure history knowledge might just save them all. "Well don't leave us in suspense, Myree, how did they get out of it?" She smiled and looked to Mira for reassurance.

[Ops]

Myree perked right back up again. If given her choice, she would drone on and on about history and culture and sociology and all those other topics that most found dreadfully dry and likely ensured that she would die an old maid. Such were the risks of choosing the Archaeology and Anthropology career track.

"Well! If I recall correctly, the Enterprise...that's the Constitution-class one, mind you. The second refit, but not the major refit of 2271, and...right," she said, clearing her throat. "What happened was, the ship was able to free itself of the Tholians' web-lattice by using resistance from a tractor beam. Although, in that situation, the web was spun from a single pair of ships."

Shrugging, she looked over at Sigma, hoping that the Deltan's analytical mind might come up with something.

_______________________________

For full bio, click the lovely shade of green.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer


Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 316
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:19 am

[Sickbay]

Once he was sure that everyone was ready, Henriks began the briefing. It would be incredibly short and they’d all be resuming their duties shortly. “Because the Tholians are a highly xenophobic race,” Henriks began, reaching for a padd, “little is known about them aside from the obvious reddish color and approximate human height. We also know that their body temperature runs extremely high, around 207ºC. They can tolerate lower for only a slight amount of time, and a Tholian subjected to lower can be forced to submit.”

“What happens if they’re continually subjected to colder temperatures?” piped up a young ensign.

“Their shell, if that is the proper word, will crack and it’s extremely painful for them. It is unlikely that they will invade the ship itself, given the temperature difference. They are also well known for precision. We have something - or rather someone - on the ship that they want, the Ujaans.” So Henriks began to describe the Ujaan and they physiology before releasing everyone back to their duties.

_______________________________


"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 276
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


As soon as the red alert had sounded, Ilana had gotten to her feet, intending to head back to sickbay to assume her post there in preparation for any casualties coming through from whatever trouble they were in now.  Before she could actually leave, however, a soft grunt of pain from Chira alerted her to a potentially more immediate problem.

Without her tricorder with her, there was no way to take any scans to verify anything, but a quick look through her memory reminded her that Chira and Henriks had announced the pregnancy at the Christmas gathering on the station, and that had been roughly eight months ago.  Since twins were only very rarely carried to term...

With concern on her face, Ilana reached out to gently touch the young woman's arm.  "Are y-y-y-you experiencing c-c-contractions?"

[Promenade]

"I don't think so," Chira replied, holding her hand over her abdomen. "The little guys might be doing tal-shaya in there, though." She didn't know if it was the stress of the red alert, or just the closeness of her due date in general. Or maybe she just needed to burp, or something. "Maybe...maybe we should go to sickbay, just to be on the safe side." She wasn't thrilled with that option, because it would just worry Henriks, but...Chira was also a medical professional. She wasn't about to start acting like the usual stubborn-assed Starfleet officer.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter   Today at 3:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mission Two: Gimmie Shelter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: