Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Indeed," the Romulan lad said, still half-way smirking.  "The planet can be a bit...aweing...for first-time visitors.  I'm sure you'll find your rhythm, though," he added, glancing back over her shoulder again as a towel-draped man walked by the doorway.  "Anyway.  My name is Aris, and should you need anything, ping me on the comm device."  He looked to the wet Romulan, and the trail of water she was dripping on the floor.  "May the Elements bless your vacation.  Jolan tru."

As the young man left, Gabriel leaned against the bathroom doorframe, a bemused smile on his face.  He wore a towel wrapped around his waist, and nothing else.  "Well.  I guess we did forget to tell anyone we got here..."

As the Romulan left, Archangel closed the door, leaned against it, put her hand over her eyes, and groaned. Well, so much for trying to be dignified amongst her own people. This may not be Romulus, where public image was paramount, but it still embarrassed her that she had been pretty much caught in flagrante delicto with Gabriel.

"Not exactly the best way to start out amongst the locals," she muttered back to her husband.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As the Romulan left, Archangel closed the door, leaned against it, put her hand over her eyes, and groaned.  Well, so much for trying to be dignified amongst her own people.  This may not be Romulus, where public image was paramount, but it still embarrassed her that she had been pretty much caught in flagrante delicto with Gabriel.

"Not exactly the best way to start out amongst the locals," she muttered back to her husband.

Grinning widely, Gabriel shook his head. "At least the kid got a thrill. Can't blame him for that," he said, openly enjoying the sight of Archangel in a clinging, wet dress. Gabe quickly moved around her, touching the seal on the door. It had been cleverly designed to look like an old-style brass locking mechanism, complete with a key sticking out of it.

With that done, he casually strode up to his wife, scooping her up in his arms.

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Grinning widely, Gabriel shook his head.  "At least the kid got a thrill.  Can't blame him for that," he said, openly enjoying the sight of Archangel in a clinging, wet dress.  Gabe quickly moved around her, touching the seal on the door.  It had been cleverly designed to look like an old-style brass locking mechanism, complete with a key sticking out of it.  

With that done, he casually strode up to his wife, scooping her up in his arms.  

Archangel couldn't help but blush slightly as she realised both what Gabriel had meant by that and the fact that he appeared to be very taken with the sight of her in a damp dress. Once the privacy seals had been engaged, however, she relaxed fractionally, at least until he wrapped her in his arms in a casual play of dominance over her. She smirked slightly.

"I see how it is," she purred, deciding to reestablish some dominance of her own as she reached down and squeezed gently.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel couldn't help but blush slightly as she realised both what Gabriel had meant by that and the fact that he appeared to be very taken with the sight of her in a damp dress.  Once the privacy seals had been engaged, however, she relaxed fractionally, at least until he wrapped her in his arms in a casual play of dominance over her.  She smirked slightly.

"I see how it is," she purred, deciding to reestablish some dominance of her own as she reached down and squeezed gently.

Gabriel allowed a soft, pleased grunt to escape his lips as his wife's hand started exploring.  She caused the towel to fall completely to the floor, now, but he wasn't complaining, as he was too busy removing the damp sundress, trying to kiss every inch of flesh that was revealed as he did so.

Once that task was finished, the dress lay in a forgotten pile next to its towel counterpart.  Archangel, however, was completely in Gabriel's arms.  He shifted her slight weight, carrying her toward the tub.  "Hmm..." he said, shaking his head.  "That...can wait."  Instead, he opted for the bedroom, laying her down on the soft coverlet.  "Heis'he," he breathed into her ear, nibbling ever-so-gently on the delicately-pointed surface.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel allowed a soft, pleased grunt to escape his lips as his wife's hand started exploring.  She caused the towel to fall completely to the floor, now, but he wasn't complaining, as he was too busy removing the damp sundress, trying to kiss every inch of flesh that was revealed as he did so.

Once that task was finished, the dress lay in a forgotten pile next to its towel counterpart.  Archangel, however, was completely in Gabriel's arms.  He shifted her slight weight, carrying her toward the tub.  "Hmm..." he said, shaking his head.  "That...can wait."  Instead, he opted for the bedroom, laying her down on the soft coverlet.  "Heis'he," he breathed into her ear, nibbling ever-so-gently on the delicately-pointed surface.

The removal of her dress came with no complaint from Archangel, since the material had been clinging to her damp skin in an uncomfortable manner. She had been about to make a comment about their unfinished bath, but rational thought decided to wave a little white flag of surrender as gentle breath and teeth found her pointed ears. Part of her wanted to growl in frustration that she was so easily undone by him.

Wresting back some semblance of control from her hormones, she used her strength to flip him over so that he was under her before smirking slightly and leaning down to murmur: "H'levreinnye..."

From there, she began to decorate his cool skin with kisses and little nips, following the lines of his muscles down and down until reaching a point of particular interest...

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:49 pm

[Later...]

Chest heaving with pleasant exertion, Gabriel and Archangel lay on the floor's soft carpeting, tangled in the light sheets that had followed them onto the floor. Oh, they'd started on the bed, of course, but somehow had ended up on the floor. With a little bit of 'against the wall' in the interim. Gabriel was happy to see that the holophoto of a pleasant pastoral scene that had also fallen to the floor hadn't been damaged.

"Three times," he grinned. Archangel's hair, already wet from the tub, was damp with sweat and matted against his chest as she lay curled up with him. "I think that's at least matching our record from the honeymoon." He gently touched the backs of his fingers against a warm cheek flushed with a greenish tinge.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Later...]

Chest heaving with pleasant exertion, Gabriel and Archangel lay on the floor's soft carpeting, tangled in the light sheets that had followed them onto the floor.  Oh, they'd started on the bed, of course, but somehow had ended up on the floor.  With a little bit of 'against the wall' in the interim.  Gabriel was happy to see that the holophoto of a pleasant pastoral scene that had also fallen to the floor hadn't been damaged.

"Three times," he grinned.  Archangel's hair, already wet from the tub, was damp with sweat and matted against his chest as she lay curled up with him.  "I think that's at least matching our record from the honeymoon."  He gently touched the backs of his fingers against a warm cheek flushed with a greenish tinge.

Exhaustion, of the pleasant type, settled over Archangel as she curled up next to her husband, a contented smile on her face. Three times. Three times in a row. It felt just like their honeymoon on Centaurus, although without the untimely intervention of Starfleet Command.

"Mmmm..." she murmured, stretching out languidly before curling up next to him again, resting a hand on his chest, feeling the movement of his ribs as he breathed. She felt a certain sense of satisfaction that he seemed to be quite out of breath and that she had more than a slight hand in making it so.

She looked up at him with a slightly impish smile. "Are you saying that you're spent?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Exhaustion, of the pleasant type, settled over Archangel as she curled up next to her husband, a contented smile on her face.  Three times.  Three times in a row.  It felt just like their honeymoon on Centaurus, although without the untimely intervention of Starfleet Command.

"Mmmm..." she murmured, stretching out languidly before curling up next to him again, resting a hand on his chest, feeling the movement of his ribs as he breathed.  She felt a certain sense of satisfaction that he seemed to be quite out of breath and that she had more than a slight hand in making it so.

She looked up at him with a slightly impish smile.  "Are you saying that you're spent?"

Gabriel ran his fingers through Archangel's dark hair, kissing the top of her head. It was difficult to tell where her limbs ended and his began, but he didn't dare feel like moving an inch. He could feel their hearts thudding almost together, their chests rising and falling in stereo.

"Spent? Well," he drawled, hooking a few long strands of hair behind her ear. "I don't know if you noticed or not, but I'd been stepping up my calisthenics in the weeks leading up to this trip. I learned my lesson after the honeymoon." A sudden thought came to him, and he gave a short chuckle. "Hope that kid didn't stick around outside. We can't be responsible for what he heard..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel ran his fingers through Archangel's dark hair, kissing the top of her head.  It was difficult to tell where her limbs ended and his began, but he didn't dare feel like moving an inch.  He could feel their hearts thudding almost together, their chests rising and falling in stereo.  

"Spent?  Well," he drawled, hooking a few long strands of hair behind her ear.  "I don't know if you noticed or not, but I'd been stepping up my calisthenics in the weeks leading up to this trip.  I learned my lesson after the honeymoon."  A sudden thought came to him, and he gave a short chuckle.  "Hope that kid didn't stick around outside.  We can't be responsible for what he heard..."

"I had noticed that you were coming back to our quarters rather sweatier than normal," the Romulan teased. She could remember their honeymoon rather well, and they had seemed to spend more time naked with each other than clothed. Not that she was complaining. Also, the thought of a fitter Gabriel was doing things for the parts of her primal mind that had been briefly sated.

However, mentioning that the young male who had come to check on them and the possibility that he had hung around was not a particularly amusing thought. "I know his name, his face and where he lives. I will kill him if he thinks spying on us is a good idea," she growled.

Shaking off the dark thoughts of murdering a peeping tom, she propped herself up on one elbow, leaning over Gabriel and letting her hair fall to drape over his chest. "Now, before we do anything else, we should probably get you something to eat."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I had noticed that you were coming back to our quarters rather sweatier than normal," the Romulan teased.  She could remember their honeymoon rather well, and they had seemed to spend more time naked with each other than clothed.  Not that she was complaining.  Also, the thought of a fitter Gabriel was doing things for the parts of her primal mind that had been briefly sated.

However, mentioning that the young male who had come to check on them and the possibility that he had hung around was not a particularly amusing thought.  "I know his name, his face and where he lives.  I will kill him if he thinks spying on us is a good idea," she growled.

Shaking off the dark thoughts of murdering a peeping tom, she propped herself up on one elbow, leaning over Gabriel and letting her hair fall to drape over his chest.  "Now, before we do anything else, we should probably get you something to eat."

Shivers went through Gabriel's spine as Archangel cascaded her hair over him. His pleased smile made it openly obvious that the sensation was one of his favorites. He chuckled softly, thinking of his wife hunting down a window-peeping teenager. "I doubt he's that stupid. Besides, I think the wet dress was enough of a memory that the kid could die happy."

Gabe shifted on the floor, rising up into a sitting position, facing Archangel. He leaned forward, his kisses starting out soft and gentle. The underlying urgency in them increased exponentially as the seconds passed, the two of them moving closer to one another. "Dunno if I've got enough of an appetite worked up yet, e'lev..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:13 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Shivers went through Gabriel's spine as Archangel cascaded her hair over him.  His pleased smile made it openly obvious that the sensation was one of his favorites.  He chuckled softly, thinking of his wife hunting down a window-peeping teenager.  "I doubt he's that stupid.  Besides, I think the wet dress was enough of a memory that the kid could die happy."

Gabe shifted on the floor, rising up into a sitting position, facing Archangel.  He leaned forward, his kisses starting out soft and gentle.  The underlying urgency in them increased exponentially as the seconds passed, the two of them moving closer to one another.  "Dunno if I've got enough of an appetite worked up yet, e'lev..."

The tremours that Archangel could see running through Gabriel's muscles caused a surge of satisfaction to ripple through her. For someone who occasionally doubted that anyone could truly love her, being curled up here with Gabriel, the gentle kisses that he initiated, calmed those doubts.

Purring quietly, she pulled away just enough to rest her forehead against his, her smile a little sly.

"Oh? I'm sure we can solve that..."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:22 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The tremours that Archangel could see running through Gabriel's muscles caused a surge of satisfaction to ripple through her.  For someone who occasionally doubted that anyone could truly love her, being curled up here with Gabriel, the gentle kisses that he initiated,  calmed those doubts.

Purring quietly, she pulled away just enough to rest her forehead against his, her smile a little sly.

"Oh?  I'm sure we can solve that..."

[Later...Again!?]

Again, indeed. Some time later, Gabriel collapsed into panting, happy exhaustion once again, leaning toward Archangel from their semi-sitting position. Their hair and skin were both damp from the exertion. Gabriel wasn't sure whose heart was thudding the loudest, but his own was pounding in his ears like a drum corps. The couple lay together for a while, each with their heads resting on the others shoulders. It really was possible to believe, in this moment, that there were no problems waiting for them, nothing beyond the room they were currently in.

"I hope we solved it," he breathed, close to her ear. "We are engineers, after all. Solving things is kind of in our job description."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Later...Again!?]

Again, indeed.  Some time later, Gabriel collapsed into panting, happy exhaustion once again, leaning toward Archangel from their semi-sitting position.  Their hair and skin were both damp from the exertion.  Gabriel wasn't sure whose heart was thudding the loudest, but his own was pounding in his ears like a drum corps.  The couple lay together for a while, each with their heads resting on the others shoulders.  It really was possible to believe, in this moment, that there were no problems waiting for them, nothing beyond the room they were currently in.

"I hope we solved it," he breathed, close to her ear.  "We are engineers, after all.  Solving things is kind of in our job description."

Four times, Archangel thought to herself, a little smugly, as she panted in tandem with Gabriel. Closing her eyes, she leaned forward slightly so that she could rest her forehead against his, feeling the damp sheen of sweat on his skin. A voice in the back of her mind remarked that he smelled pretty damn good at that moment, all manly and hers.

With her sensitive hearing, she could pick up on both his and her own heartbeats thudding away, starting to slow from their rapid drumbeat. She smiled faintly.

"Depends," she replied cheekily. "Have you worked up more of an appetite?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Four times, Archangel thought to herself, a little smugly, as she panted in tandem with Gabriel.  Closing her eyes, she leaned forward slightly so that she could rest her forehead against his, feeling the damp sheen of sweat on his skin.  A voice in the back of her mind remarked that he smelled pretty damn good at that moment, all manly and hers.

With her sensitive hearing, she could pick up on both his and her own heartbeats thudding away, starting to slow from their rapid drumbeat.  She smiled faintly.

"Depends," she replied cheekily.  "Have you worked up more of an appetite?"

Gabriel tossed back his head and laughed. It felt good to do that...just a genuine, healthy laugh. Shaking his head, he smiled at his wife, leaning against the side of the bed and re-positioning himself so that she could snuggled up next to him. His artist's mind just wanted to take in every bit of her - every strand of hair made darker by the dampness, her eyes so dark they were almost black as well, the lips touched with subtle green, the way her bottom lip made a small pout at times, even when he knew she didn't really mean for it to...he loved her, every facet.

He thought back to a time, years ago, when he hadn't been sure he'd even be able to tell Archangel how he truly felt about her. How he'd resigned to the fact that they'd have to stay friends. That seemed so far away, now. Really, it was. Almost another life.

"I do have an appetite...and not just for food," he smirked, trailing his fingertips down her cheek. It was almost as if he couldn't stop touching her, almost like they were teenagers in love. Then again, there was nobody else here to see it. The two officers could let themselves go. "But I think we need food first. I'll have you know," he said, poking his tongue, "that the only thing I'll use the replicators for on this trip is for base ingredients. I'm taking my time, and we're cooking a real dinner together."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:53 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel tossed back his head and laughed.  It felt good to do that...just a genuine, healthy laugh.  Shaking his head, he smiled at his wife, leaning against the side of the bed and re-positioning himself so that she could snuggled up next to him.  His artist's mind just wanted to take in every bit of her - every strand of hair made darker by the dampness, her eyes so dark they were almost black as well, the lips touched with subtle green, the way her bottom lip made a small pout at times, even when he knew she didn't really mean for it to...he loved her, every facet.  

He thought back to a time, years ago, when he hadn't been sure he'd even be able to tell Archangel how he truly felt about her.  How he'd resigned to the fact that they'd have to stay friends.  That seemed so far away, now.  Really, it was.  Almost another life.

"I do have an appetite...and not just for food," he smirked, trailing his fingertips down her cheek.  It was almost as if he couldn't stop touching her, almost like they were teenagers in love.  Then again, there was nobody else here to see it.  The two officers could let themselves go.  "But I think we need food first.  I'll have you know," he said, poking his tongue, "that the only thing I'll use the replicators for on this trip is for base ingredients.  I'm taking my time, and we're cooking a real dinner together."

Gabriel's open laughter brought a wide smile to Archangel's face. She loved to hear him laugh, a sound that was so uniquely his. He hadn't done it a lot in recent times, before he had left on medical leave. To hear him able to laugh now... Along with the joy she felt in it, it was reassuring, knowing that he was ok at that moment in time.

Her eyelids slid half closed as she enjoyed the sensation of his fingers on her skin again. She returned the gesture, her fingers tracing the line of his jaw, her eyes showing nothing but the love and adoration she held for the man in front of her.

A slight smile then tugged at one corner of her mouth as she looked at him. "Or... if you look in the kitchen, I think you'll find that I called ahead and asked them to stock it with real food."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:24 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Gabriel's open laughter brought a wide smile to Archangel's face.  She loved to hear him laugh, a sound that was so uniquely his.  He hadn't done it a lot in recent times, before he had left on medical leave.  To hear him able to laugh now... Along with the joy she felt in it, it was reassuring, knowing that he was ok at that moment in time.

Her eyelids slid half closed as she enjoyed the sensation of his fingers on her skin again.  She returned the gesture, her fingers tracing the line of his jaw, her eyes showing nothing but the love and adoration she held for the man in front of her.

A slight smile then tugged at one corner of her mouth as she looked at him.  "Or... if you look in the kitchen, I think you'll find that I called ahead and asked them to stock it with real food."

Laughing again, Gabriel smiled in admiration of his wife's forethought. Of course, she was both Romulan and commanding officer. How could she not have been prepared? "That sounds like a plan, Angel," he answered, murmuring into her neck-and-shoulder area. He was starting to feel several scratches along his back and shoulder area as the adrenaline rush of their lovemaking wore off, but he didn't mind them at all. It sometimes felt that their life together was one lone line of pain and torment, none of it their own making. To be here, alone...to make each other feel like they were feeling...that was a gift in and of itself.

Gabriel was surprised to see that it was growing rather dark outside. Gee, wonder where all the hours went, he thought amusedly to himself as he got to his feet, offering Archangel his hand. "Guess we'd better get some clothing on," he smirked. "Cooking and nudity don't always go the best together."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Laughing again, Gabriel smiled in admiration of his wife's forethought.  Of course, she was both Romulan and commanding officer.  How could she not have been prepared?  "That sounds like a plan, Angel," he answered, murmuring into her neck-and-shoulder area.  He was starting to feel several scratches along his back and shoulder area as the adrenaline rush of their lovemaking wore off, but he didn't mind them at all.  It sometimes felt that their life together was one lone line of pain and torment, none of it their own making.  To be here, alone...to make each other feel like they were feeling...that was a gift in and of itself.

Gabriel was surprised to see that it was growing rather dark outside.  Gee, wonder where all the hours went, he thought amusedly to himself as he got to his feet, offering Archangel his hand.  "Guess we'd better get some clothing on," he smirked.  "Cooking and nudity don't always go the best together."  

Taking the proferred hand, Archangel got to her feet with a faintly sly smile.  Dusk was falling outside, the sunlight growing dimmer and dimmer, the air starting to cool and with it, the sweat on her skin.  Clothing, as much as she hated to admit it, sounded like a good idea.  She would much rather continue to, ahem, study him without such an obstacle, but he was right.  It was getting cooler, and cooking while naked wasn't something she really wanted to try, especially not if there was any frying going to happen.

She picked up the sundress that she had put on earlier to answer the door and, seeing that it had dried out pretty well in the interim, put it back on, quickly smoothing out the skirt.  Dresses didn't feature heavily in her wardrobe normally, but she had wanted to make an effort for the few days they had to celebrate their first year of marriage.

Turning back to look at Gabriel, she tilted her head to one side slightly.  "So, do you have any ideas on what we're going to make for dinner?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Taking the proferred hand, Archangel got to her feet with a faintly sly smile.  Dusk was falling outside, the sunlight growing dimmer and dimmer, the air starting to cool and with it, the sweat on her skin.  Clothing, as much as she hated to admit it, sounded like a good idea.  She would much rather continue to, ahem, study him without such an obstacle, but he was right.  It was getting cooler, and cooking while naked wasn't something she really wanted to try, especially not if there was any frying going to happen.

She picked up the sundress that she had put on earlier to answer the door and, seeing that it had dried out pretty well in the interim, put it back on, quickly smoothing out the skirt.  Dresses didn't feature heavily in her wardrobe normally, but she had wanted to make an effort for the few days they had to celebrate their first year of marriage.

Turning back to look at Gabriel, she tilted her head to one side slightly.  "So, do you have any ideas on what we're going to make for dinner?"

"Oh, I have a few ideas," Gabriel answered, approaching Archangel and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. To her credit, Gabriel could hardly even feel his wife flinch. He knew she wasn't entirely keen on letting people behind her, but he also knew she made an effort for him. It was, in a way, a testament to how much she trusted him.

Seeing Archangel in a dress wasn't something that happened very often, so Gabe decided to savor the moment. Running his hands along her arms, he smiled at the softness of her skin as he kissed at the back of her neck. His senses took in the damp scent of her hair, a mixture of clean perspiration and something herbal. It was an intoxicant. Though his body cried for recuperation, his mind started to get different ideas.

Gabe stepped aside, taking up Arch's hand in his and giving her a little twirl. "Chicken, biscuits, and salad greens," he said, wondering if she would remember the significance of it.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Oh, I have a few ideas," Gabriel answered, approaching Archangel and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind.  To her credit, Gabriel could hardly even feel his wife flinch.  He knew she wasn't entirely keen on letting people behind her, but he also knew she made an effort for him.  It was, in a way, a testament to how much she trusted him.

Seeing Archangel in a dress wasn't something that happened very often, so Gabe decided to savor the moment.  Running his hands along her arms, he smiled at the softness of her skin as he kissed at the back of her neck.  His senses took in the damp scent of her hair, a mixture of clean perspiration and something herbal.  It was an intoxicant.  Though his body cried for recuperation, his mind started to get different ideas.  

Gabe stepped aside, taking up Arch's hand in his and giving her a little twirl.  "Chicken, biscuits, and salad greens," he said, wondering if she would remember the significance of it.

Beyond a brief moment of tension, Archangel didn't react to the fact that Gabriel had come up behind her. It was getting easier and easier for her not to pull away, knowing that she was safe with him, that he wouldn't hurt her.

She leaned her head back against his shoulder, nuzzling at his jaw and ear. Maybe we should make it five, a sly, hungry voice in the back of her mind said, but she shushed it. They needed time to eat and recuperate before going for round 5.

As Gabriel twirled her, the knee-length, green skirt of her dress lifted into an elegant bell before settling back against her legs as she paused, listening to his plan for their meal. A split second after he had spoken, she cupped his jaw in her hands, kissing him briefly but passionately.

"Our first meal together," she murmured.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Beyond a brief moment of tension, Archangel didn't react to the fact that Gabriel had come up behind her.  It was getting easier and easier for her not to pull away, knowing that she was safe with him, that he wouldn't hurt her.

She leaned her head back against his shoulder, nuzzling at his jaw and ear.  Maybe we should make it five, a sly, hungry voice in the back of her mind said, but she shushed it.  They needed time to eat and recuperate before going for round 5.

As Gabriel twirled her, the knee-length, green skirt of her dress lifted into an elegant bell before settling back against her legs as she paused, listening to his plan for their meal.  A split second after he had spoken, she cupped his jaw in her hands, kissing him briefly but passionately.

"Our first meal together," she murmured.

Of course she remembers, Gabriel thought, smiling to himself as the couple seemed to melt into each other once again. It had been the first thing he'd ever cooked for her, back when they were colleagues on the USS Discovery. The circumstances of the time weren't happy - dealings with the Romulan Empire never were - but he remembered every second of that night. He remembered the look in her dark eyes when she saw that someone, at least, cared for her well-being. He remembered Seika, barely older than a toddler at the time, crawling all over him and smearing flour over his uniform top.

He remembered realizing that he had fallen in love with his best friend.

"You got it," he answered, kissing her once again for good measure before leading off into the kitchen. "Seika's not here to make a mess of the flour, but you can give it a try if you want," Gabe teased, poking his tongue as he got out various bowls and measuring cups.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:49 am

The couple wandered through to the kitchen, not in any hurry. This was a time to relax and enjoy each other's company. Archangel fully intended to do just that. They had been separated too long, not had the time to be together given their roles on the Phoenix.

Slipping an arm around Gabriel's waist, it was hard to keep a contented smile from spreading over her face, so she didn't bother trying.

"I'm sure passing on getting flour everywhere won't detract from the experience," Archamgel replied. "Especially since we're both srill rather... Damp."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:48 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
The couple wandered through to the kitchen, not in any hurry.  This was a time to relax and enjoy each other's company.  Archangel fully intended to do just that.  They had been separated too long, not had the time to be together given their roles on the Phoenix.

Slipping an arm around Gabriel's waist, it was hard to keep a contented smile from spreading over her face, so she didn't bother trying.

"I'm sure passing on getting flour everywhere won't detract from the experience," Archangel replied.  "Especially since we're both still rather... Damp."

"Housekeeping might have a word or two with us if we flour up the kitchen," Gabriel smiled, leaning a little into his wife's embrace. "Now...let's see what we can come up with." Reaching up, Gabriel sorted through the cabinets, going to the refrigeration unit and pulling out some milk and butter. He began to whistle a small tune as he worked - one of his favorites, an ancient Earth song called 'Shady Grove', so old that nobody knew who wrote it. After a while, Gabe slid a mixture of flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and sugar over to Archangel. "If you want, start mixing the butter into the powder until it feels granular. And then we can add the milk."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Housekeeping might have a word or two with us if we flour up the kitchen," Gabriel smiled, leaning a little into his wife's embrace.  "Now...let's see what we can come up with."  Reaching up, Gabriel sorted through the cabinets, going to the refrigeration unit and pulling out some milk and butter.  He began to whistle a small tune as he worked - one of his favorites, an ancient Earth song called 'Shady Grove', so old that nobody knew who wrote it.  After a while, Gabe slid a mixture of flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and sugar over to Archangel.  "If you want, start mixing the butter into the powder until it feels granular.  And then we can add the milk."

Taking the bowl, Archangel nodded to Gabriel and, unable to resist, leaned forward to steal a kiss from him again. Three days together didn't seem and definitely wasn't a long time for them to truly relax and enjoy each other's company, but she was determined to make the most of it.

Sinking her hands into the ingredients, she started to mix them with her fingers, a faint smile of contentment spreading over her features. She cast a sly glance out of the corner of her eye at Gabriel and, feeling like an impish child, flicked a bit of the dough at him.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Taking the bowl, Archangel nodded to Gabriel and, unable to resist, leaned forward to steal a kiss from him again.  Three days together didn't seem and definitely wasn't a long time for them to truly relax and enjoy each other's company, but she was determined to make the most of it.

Sinking her hands into the ingredients, she started to mix them with her fingers, a faint smile of contentment spreading over her features.  She cast a sly glance out of the corner of her eye at Gabriel and, feeling like an impish child, flicked a bit of the dough at him.

Gabe only had a half-second's warning before a piece of dough mixture came flying at him, hitting him right on the chest. "Hey now!" he grinned. "You keep it up, and we'll have to go to the shower. And I think we both know how that'll turn out."

Pouring the required amount of milk into the mixture, Gabriel returned Arch's earlier kiss wit one of his own. "Now...you put those amazing hands of yours to work...and mix it all together into a lump. Here," he said, moving in close and working the dough, "I'll help you out, of course..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe only had a half-second's warning before a piece of dough mixture came flying at him, hitting him right on the chest.  "Hey now!" he grinned.  "You keep it up, and we'll have to go to the shower.  And I think we both know how that'll turn out."

Pouring the required amount of milk into the mixture, Gabriel returned Arch's earlier kiss wit one of his own.  "Now...you put those amazing hands of yours to work...and mix it all together into a lump.  Here," he said, moving in close and working the dough, "I'll help you out, of course..."

"Maybe that was my plan all along," Archangel teased, grinning back at him. She wouldn't be one to turn down a shower with her beloved husband. They might even manage to get washed if they were lucky.

As he moved in close, she could feel what little tension she held in her shoulders leave and she leaned lightly against him. A sly smile crept over her face as they kneaded the dough together. Looking up at him, the smile turned downright dirty.

"I'd rather be putting these hands to other use..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Simple Gifts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: