Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:58 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Maybe that was my plan all along," Archangel teased, grinning back at him.  She wouldn't be one to turn down a shower with her beloved husband.  They might even manage to get washed if they were lucky.

As he moved in close, she could feel what little tension she held in her shoulders leave and she leaned lightly against him.  A sly smile crept over her face as they kneaded the dough together.  Looking up at him, the smile turned downright dirty.

"I'd rather be putting these hands to other use..."

Gabriel beamed happily as his wife flirted so openly with him. It seemed as if they were constantly having to wear so many hats, so many faces...officers, engineer, captain, operatives, parents...sometimes, it was nice to just shuffle all those off and focus on one in particular - lovers. "Oh, you would, would you?" he teased, kneading out the lump of dough. "I've been told I have artist's hands, you know," he said, cutting the biscuits and placing them in their pan.

The rest of dinner preparation went smoothly, aside from the occasional pleasant distraction from one another. Soon, the biscuits were in the oven, the chicken rolled out in floured mixture, and set to frying in the pan. "And that," Gabriel said, washing his hands off, "is how you prepare a dinner without giving in to the temptation to clear off the table in one sweep of your arm and take your wife right there on the surface..." His grin was just as wicked as one she'd given him earlier.

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:08 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel beamed happily as his wife flirted so openly with him.  It seemed as if they were constantly having to wear so many hats, so many faces...officers, engineer, captain, operatives, parents...sometimes, it was nice to just shuffle all those off and focus on one in particular - lovers.  "Oh, you would, would you?" he teased, kneading out the lump of dough.  "I've been told I have artist's hands, you know," he said, cutting the biscuits and placing them in their pan.

The rest of dinner preparation went smoothly, aside from the occasional pleasant distraction from one another.  Soon, the biscuits were in the oven, the chicken rolled out in floured mixture, and set to frying in the pan.  "And that," Gabriel said, washing his hands off, "is how you prepare a dinner without giving in to the temptation to clear off the table in one sweep of your arm and take your wife right there on the surface..."  His grin was just as wicked as one she'd given him earlier.

The smell of the food cooking reached Archangel's nose and immediately triggered a salivary reaction. Anticipation... For all the advances made in technology, to the point where food was available immediately, this was the part that lacked: the anticipation where all you had to go on was the smell of your food but couldn't eat it yet.

It was rather like watching Gabriel move about the kitchen but refraining from any more come ons. However, she returned his grin, echoing the sentiment. "Oh? I find that I both admire that restraint, and yet I'm somewhat disappointed," she teased, leaning against the counter. Something told her that, by the end of the holiday, not one surface of this house would be unused.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The smell of the food cooking reached Archangel's nose and immediately triggered a salivary reaction.  Anticipation... For all the advances made in technology, to the point where food was available immediately, this was the part that lacked: the anticipation where all you had to go on was the smell of your food but couldn't eat it yet.

It was rather like watching Gabriel move about the kitchen but refraining from any more come ons.   However, she returned his grin, echoing the sentiment.  "Oh?  I find that I both admire that restraint, and yet I'm somewhat disappointed," she teased, leaning against the counter.  Something told her that, by the end of the holiday, not one surface of this house would be unused.

Gabe glanced down at the tabletop, mentally counting in his mind the time left to wait until dinner was ready. The biscuits had a few more minutes, and he'd turned the chicken once...there might be time...maybe...

He grinned, pulling out a large bowl. "The night's young, Angel," he said, beginning to mix the greens. Within no time at all, the table was set, and dinner was ready. "Now, you just sit down and let me take care of it," Gabriel smiled, pulling the biscuits out of the oven, their smell filling the small kitchen.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe glanced down at the tabletop, mentally counting in his mind the time left to wait until dinner was ready.  The biscuits had a few more minutes, and he'd turned the chicken once...there might be time...maybe...

He grinned, pulling out a large bowl.  "The night's young, Angel," he said, beginning to mix the greens.  Within no time at all, the table was set, and dinner was ready.  "Now, you just sit down and let me take care of it," Gabriel smiled, pulling the biscuits out of the oven, their smell filling the small kitchen.

As Gabriel told her that she could sit down, that he would take care of everything, Archangel felt decidedly... strange. It wasn't a sensation that she particularly liked. Having nothing to do... It was just so alien to her. Ever since joining Starfleet, she had been constantly on the go.

She took a seat at the table, carefully arranging the somewhat short skirt of her dress to maintain some measure of modesty. Thankfully, her attention was distracted from the bizarre feeling of being at a loose end by the tantilising smell of the biscuits and chicken. She quickly got back to her feet, walking the few steps to him.

"Are you sure I can't help? Otherwise, I might just end up standing here and salivating."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As Gabriel told her that she could sit down, that he would take care of everything, Archangel felt decidedly... strange.  It wasn't a sensation that she particularly liked.  Having nothing to do...  It was just so alien to her.  Ever since joining Starfleet, she had been constantly on the go.

She took a seat at the table, carefully arranging the somewhat short skirt of her dress to maintain some measure of modesty.  Thankfully, her attention was distracted from the bizarre feeling of being at a loose end by the tantilising smell of the biscuits and chicken.  She quickly got back to her feet, walking the few steps to him.

"Are you sure I can't help?  Otherwise, I might just end up standing here and salivating."

"Captain T'Koris," Gabriel teased, his tone a playful shade of consternation. "If you do not sit down, I will be forced to drop everything and put you right over my knee." He poked his tongue. "If you want...you can punch the drinks into the replicator. I'll take a cold mint tea, please," he grinned, setting the biscuits out on the table. The chicken quickly followed, and then he slipped into one of the chairs, leaning back a little and enjoying the way the sundress clinged to his wife's hips. It was certainly more flattering than a uniform...though, to be honest, he would want her if she was wearing a potato sack.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:45 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Captain T'Koris," Gabriel teased, his tone a playful shade of consternation.  "If you do not sit down, I will be forced to drop everything and put you right over my knee."  He poked his tongue.  "If you want...you can punch the drinks into the replicator.  I'll take a cold mint tea, please," he grinned, setting the biscuits out on the table.  The chicken quickly followed, and then he slipped into one of the chairs, leaning back a little and enjoying the way the sundress clinged to his wife's hips.  It was certainly more flattering than a uniform...though, to be honest, he would want her if she was wearing a potato sack.

Archangel raised a playful eyebrow at Gabriel's threat of putting her over his knee, knowing that she could probably fight him off pretty easily. That was, of course, assuming that she would want to. Poking her tongue out in return, the young Romulan stepped over to the replicator, keying in the drink orders for the pair of them.

The smell of the food was making her mouth salivate, despite her usual aversion to food. Placing his cold tea in front of him, Archangel stole a brief peck from Gabriel before slipping into the other chair.

"Looks really good," she remarked, although whether she was referring to the food or to him was up for debate.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel raised a playful eyebrow at Gabriel's threat of putting her over his knee, knowing that she could probably fight him off pretty easily.  That was, of course, assuming that she would want to.  Poking her tongue out in return, the young Romulan stepped over to the replicator, keying in the drink orders for the pair of them.

The smell of the food was making her mouth salivate, despite her usual aversion to food.  Placing his cold tea in front of him, Archangel stole a brief peck from Gabriel before slipping into the other chair.

"Looks really good," she remarked, although whether she was referring to the food or to him was up for debate.

"Thanks, Angel," Gabriel said, smiling as she handed him his tea. Soon enough, the couple was sitting down to a dinner, and actually taking the time to enjoy it. Life on a starship was hectic enough, but throw two young girls into it? They were lucky most nights to even have time to chew, let alone eat for leisure. It was nice to just relax and talk about anything and everything but starships. Well, actually, Gabe was sure that neither would have a problem talking about starships. Starfleet, however, was probably a different story.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Thanks, Angel," Gabriel said, smiling as she handed him his tea.  Soon enough, the couple was sitting down to a dinner, and actually taking the time to enjoy it.  Life on a starship was hectic enough, but throw two young girls into it?  They were lucky most nights to even have time to chew, let alone eat for leisure.  It was nice to just relax and talk about anything and everything but starships.  Well, actually, Gabe was sure that neither would have a problem talking about starships.  Starfleet, however, was probably a different story.

All through Gabriel and Archangel's relationship, an element of tension between the two of them had been Archangel's attitude toward food. While Gabriel had been raised to love and enjoy his food, she seemed to actively avoid it. Thankfully, she had avoided passing that trait on to her own children, but it was an ongoing battle for her.

She offered Gabriel a smile as she picked up her knife and fork, carefully cutting up her piece of chicken in to bite sized pieces before realising that she was stalling on actually eating anything. Eat. He's not going to do anything. He wants you to eat without a problem!

Before she could talk herself out of it, she used her fork to spear a wedge of tomato and popped it into her mouth, chewing it slowly. It was soon followed by a couple of bites of chicken before the knife and fork were set aside so that she could pick up a warm biscuit and nibble on it.

"So," she said around the beautifully baked biscuit. "Since we have three days and this magnificent location, what are we going to do other than celebrate the fact that we don't have to worry about the girls overhearing us?" A little colour rose in her cheeks. "I have to admit that I have a few things I'd like to do with you, and not all of them are naked..."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

All through Gabriel and Archangel's relationship, an element of tension between the two of them had been Archangel's attitude toward food.  While Gabriel had been raised to love and enjoy his food, she seemed to actively avoid it.  Thankfully, she had avoided passing that trait on to her own children, but it was an ongoing battle for her.

She offered Gabriel a smile as she picked up her knife and fork, carefully cutting up her piece of chicken in to bite sized pieces before realising that she was stalling on actually eating anything.  Eat.  He's not going to do anything.  He wants you to eat without a problem!

Before she could talk herself out of it, she used her fork to spear a wedge of tomato and popped it into her mouth, chewing it slowly.  It was soon followed by a couple of bites of chicken before the knife and fork were set aside so that she could pick up a warm biscuit and nibble on it.

"So," she said around the beautifully baked biscuit.  "Since we have three days and this magnificent location, what are we going to do other than celebrate the fact that we don't have to worry about the girls overhearing us?"  A little colour rose in her cheeks.  "I have to admit that I have a few things I'd like to do with you, and not all of them are naked..."

Gabe spread some butter on his second biscuit, noting that Archangel was only on her first. She was eating slowly, but at least she was eating. It seemed a constant battle to get her to sit down for a meal. Given how intelligent she was, and how fierce, it sometimes amazed Gabriel that she seemed to not understand how important food was.

"I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't overhear us," he teased, smirking happily. "I think I learned a few new words in Romulan." Gabe sat back, relaxing in the chair and sipping some tea. "I'm sure we can find something to do. The village looks quaint...if you'd want to go. And..." he smiled, glancing to the polarized window. "I think the stars are exceptionally clear tonight..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe spread some butter on his second biscuit, noting that Archangel was only on her first.  She was eating slowly, but at least she was eating.  It seemed a constant battle to get her to sit down for a meal.  Given how intelligent she was, and how fierce, it sometimes amazed Gabriel that she seemed to not understand how important food was.

"I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't overhear us," he teased, smirking happily.  "I think I learned a few new words in Romulan."  Gabe sat back, relaxing in the chair and sipping some tea.  "I'm sure we can find something to do.  The village looks quaint...if you'd want to go.  And..." he smiled, glancing to the polarized window.  "I think the stars are exceptionally clear tonight..."

As usual, Gabriel seemed to be making his way through his food with some enthusiasm, a sight that Archangel responded to with a loving smile. Whether is was dinner with her, with the girls, or with his whole family, he never seemed to lose his love for food. One day, maybe, she would be able to do the same. One day, she might even be able to tel him the truth about why she was so adverse to eating when anyone was around to see.

"I think we're far enough away from any other residences that we should be safe from being overheard," she teased in return, knowing that both of them liked to see how far they could push the other. That habit generally lead to plenty of vocalisations from both parties.

"Stargazing sounds nice," the young Romulan replied. "A blanket out on the hill, a flask of tea... Peace and quiet."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:21 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As usual, Gabriel seemed to be making his way through his food with some enthusiasm, a sight that Archangel responded to with a loving smile.  Whether is was dinner with her, with the girls, or with his whole family, he never seemed to lose his love for food.  One day, maybe, she would be able to do the same.  One day, she might even be able to tel him the truth about why she was so adverse to eating when anyone was around to see.

"I think we're far enough away from any other residences that we should be safe from being overheard," she teased in return, knowing that both of them liked to see how far they could push the other.  That habit generally lead to plenty of vocalisations from both parties.

"Stargazing sounds nice," the young Romulan replied.  "A blanket out on the hill, a flask of tea...  Peace and quiet."

Cleaning up was a small thing, just a matter of washing a few dishes. The plates were real, so they couldn't just be tossed into the reclamation unit, as they normally did with such things. Spending summers on his grandparents' farm meant Gabriel had plenty of experience washing real dishes, as some of Anna Arthur's plates were over a century old.

He considered tossing a jacket on before they went outside, but the night air was pleasantly warm, even with the lack of real cloud cover. It was so much so that Gabriel wondered if these people kept a weather grid hidden somewhere. Still, he kept the jacket over his shoulder, should Archangel get chilled. Speak of his wife, he smiled at her, slipping his hand into hers, their fingers twining together. "Let's go see some stars from this vantage point," he grinned.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Cleaning up was a small thing, just a matter of washing a few dishes.  The plates were real, so they couldn't just be tossed into the reclamation unit, as they normally did with such things.  Spending summers on his grandparents' farm meant Gabriel had plenty of experience washing real dishes, as some of Anna Arthur's plates were over a century old.  

He considered tossing a jacket on before they went outside, but the night air was pleasantly warm, even with the lack of real cloud cover.  It was so much so that Gabriel wondered if these people kept a weather grid hidden somewhere.  Still, he kept the jacket over his shoulder, should Archangel get chilled.  Speak of his wife, he smiled at her, slipping his hand into hers, their fingers twining together.  "Let's go see some stars from this vantage point," he grinned.

Washing dishes was something of a novelty for Archangel, who had grown up with replicators rather than crafted plates and real food. Since she as scared of breaking any of the plates, she let Gabriel do the actual washing while she dried them off and put the back in the cupboard.

Once everything had been cleaned up, she gathered a blanket and a flask of cold tea before slipping her hand in to his with a smile ad gave it a squeeze. "It'll definitely be strange, looking up at them rather than flying amongst them," she agreed.

As they stepped out of the little cottage, out into the darkening world, she looked up at the sky, where a multitude of stars were starting to compete with the two moons associated with the planet. Strange indeed, to be down on the planet looking up rather than simply looking out of a viewport at a different starscape every night.

It was only a few short minutes' walk to the hillock they had seen earlier and, a minute after that, Archangel had the blanket laid out for the pair of them to lie back on.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Gabriel was again pleasantly surprised at how mild of a night it was. He thought that, perhaps, it was the universe's way of counterbalancing just how un-mild the rest of their evening had been. He kneeled down after Archangel had tossed the blanket on the grass, pulling her close to him with a playful motion. "Come here," he teased, wrapping her in his arms and resting his chin in the crook of her shoulder. They sat like that for a quiet while, with more stars becoming apparent as Gabe's eyes adjusted to the darkness. The village glowed softly in the distance.

"You know," he said, idly playing with a strand of her long, black hair, "one of the first times I tucked Seika into bed, I played 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' for her. Afterward, she just kinda looked at me with that little scrunched-up face she makes, and said, 'you know that song is wrong, Uncle Gabriel'. So I said, 'what do you mean?' And she says, 'none of the stars I see outside ever twinkle'." He chuckled lightly. "Leave it to her to realize that twinkling is an illusion created by planetary atmosphere..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:41 am

The air certainly wasn't as warm as it had been during the day, but it wasn't uncomfortable for a humanoid used to warmer climes. It was even pleasantly cool to Archangel's skin and, as the couple settled down on to the blanket, it even gave her an excuse to cuddle up to Gabriel, folding her arms over his.

The silence stretched out between them for a few moments as they watched the skies, taking in the stationary constellations, until Archangel burst out laughing at his story about Seika's observational skills.

"I think those songs haven't been updated since humans discovered space travel," she pointed out, smiling at her husband. Her expression then turned thoughtful. "She'll be starting school soon... And if Aria keeps developing the way she is, maybe we should get her started soon as well."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
The air certainly wasn't as warm as it had been during the day, but it wasn't uncomfortable for a humanoid used to warmer climes.  It was even pleasantly cool to Archangel's skin and, as the couple settled down on to the blanket, it even gave her an excuse to cuddle up to Gabriel, folding her arms over his.

The silence stretched out between them for a few moments as they watched the skies, taking in the stationary constellations, until Archangel burst out laughing at his story about Seika's observational skills.

"I think those songs haven't been updated since humans discovered space travel," she pointed out, smiling at her husband.  Her expression then turned thoughtful.  "She'll be starting school soon... And if Aria keeps developing the way she is, maybe we should get her started soon as well."

"School for Aria? You think? She just turned two!" Gabriel asked, smiling and shaking his head. "I guess she is developing at a pretty accelerated pace." Seika, however, would likely benefit greatly from a school experience. It would give her something to channel her creativity into...something aside from taking the ship apart, that was. It still amazed him, sometimes, just how quickly time was moving on. It seemed like a blink of an eye between when he was Seika's favorite babysitter to her actual father.

Of course, thinking about the girls' development tended to make Gabriel think about their safety. He couldn't help the twinge of guilt that buzzed every time he considered the myriad dangers they would face growing up on a starship. Then again, the war and the Breen proved that, even on Earth, nobody was truly safe anymore.

He watched a falling star streak across the night sky, comfortable in the familiar confines of her arms. Gabriel knew that he was an anchoring force in Archangel's life, but he sometimes wondered if she realized that she was just as much that for him. "Do you think you'd ever want another child?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"School for Aria?  You think?  She just turned two!" Gabriel asked, smiling and shaking his head.  "I guess she is developing at a pretty accelerated pace."  Seika, however, would likely benefit greatly from a school experience.  It would give her something to channel her creativity into...something aside from taking the ship apart, that was.  It still amazed him, sometimes, just how quickly time was moving on.  It seemed like a blink of an eye between when he was Seika's favorite babysitter to her actual father.  

Of course, thinking about the girls' development tended to make Gabriel think about their safety.  He couldn't help the twinge of guilt that buzzed every time he considered the myriad dangers they would face growing up on a starship.  Then again, the war and the Breen proved that, even on Earth, nobody was truly safe anymore.

He watched a falling star streak across the night sky, comfortable in the familiar confines of her arms.  Gabriel knew that he was an anchoring force in Archangel's life, but he sometimes wondered if she realized that she was just as much that for him.  "Do you think you'd ever want another child?"

"Given how fast Aria's picking things up now, she's soon going to grow out of what the daycare can teach her. She's catching up on Seika really quickly. I found her trying to read one of the operations reports a few days ago. She's already recognising letters and a handful of words."

There was another short silence as the watched the skies, enjoying the peace and quiet that was absent from their day-to-day lives. Being captain and chief engineer of a starship with two little girls meant that there was little peace to be had.

When that peace was broken by Gabriel's quiet question, she looked up at him, her head tilted to one side. Another child? They had spoken briefly about more children while on their honeymoon, but had both agreed that that as a question for another time. Part of her wondered what had crossed his mind for him to bring it back up again.

"I think that I would, yes," she replied thoughtfully. "Would you?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:31 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Given how fast Aria's picking things up now, she's soon going to grow out of what the daycare can teach her.  She's catching up on Seika really quickly.  I found her trying to read one of the operations reports a few days ago.  She's already recognising letters and a handful of words."

There was another short silence as the watched the skies, enjoying the peace and quiet that was absent from their day-to-day lives.  Being captain and chief engineer of a starship with two little girls meant that there was little peace to be had.

When that peace was broken by Gabriel's quiet question, she looked up at him, her head tilted to one side.  Another child?  They had spoken briefly about more children while on their honeymoon, but had both agreed that that as a question for another time.  Part of her wondered what had crossed his mind for him to bring it back up again.

"I think that I would, yes," she replied thoughtfully.  "Would you?"

Gabriel positioned himself a bit more behind Archangel, shifting so that he could more easily place his hands directly on her shoulders. That done, he began to rub. This was one of his favorite things to do with his wife (aside from the obvious), but it seemed like it was never enough. There were always iron-hard knots in her shoulders.

"I would," he quietly said, quickly kissing the tip of her ear. "I think maybe a little boy would be fun. Maybe give Seika and Aria fits," he smiled, shaking his head. "Either way...it's something to think about. Maybe when things get a little more settled." He had no idea when that would be. All he knew was that it wasn't today.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel positioned himself a bit more behind Archangel, shifting so that he could more easily place his hands directly on her shoulders.  That done, he began to rub.  This was one of his favorite things to do with his wife (aside from the obvious), but it seemed like it was never enough.  There were always iron-hard knots in her shoulders.

"I would," he quietly said, quickly kissing the tip of her ear.  "I think maybe a little boy would be fun.  Maybe give Seika and Aria fits," he smiled, shaking his head.  "Either way...it's something to think about.  Maybe when things get a little more settled."  He had no idea when that would be.  All he knew was that it wasn't today.

As always, as Gabriel moved to sit behind her, Archangel looked over her shoulder at him, but soon relaxed as he felt his hands on her shoulders starting to work on the ever present knots that always seemed to persist.

A faint shiver traveled the length of her spine as his lips touched the sensitive tip of her ear, but she still turned slightly to look at him out of the corner of her eye. "Yes, now is perpahs not the best time to be thinking of adding another baby to the family," she agreed. With her captaincy of the Phoenix still in its early years and Gabriel only just back from his prolonged medical leave, they needed time to settle again, rebuild their current family. "What makes you ask?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As always, as Gabriel moved to sit behind her, Archangel looked over her shoulder at him, but soon relaxed as he felt his hands on her shoulders starting to work on the ever present knots that always seemed to persist.

A faint shiver traveled the length of her spine as his lips touched the sensitive tip of her ear, but she still turned slightly to look at him out of the corner of her eye.  "Yes, now is perpahs not the best time to be thinking of adding another baby to the family," she agreed.  With her captaincy of the Phoenix still in its early years and Gabriel only just back from his prolonged medical leave, they needed time to settle again, rebuild their current family.  "What makes you ask?"

"I dunno," Gabriel answered honestly. "I guess I just think of random things at random times. Oh well," he shrugged, grinning and giving her a little light bop on the tip of her nose. "Like I said, no rush. There's plenty of time to think about it. Plenty of time for us." Gabe knew that he couldn't control the future, but he'd be damned if he ever let her down again. Not while he was still drawing breath.

As he worked his fingers on the smooth skin of her shoulders, pale in the starlight, Gabriel felt the very real and very intense desire to slip that dress right off of her. However, he thought back, remembering reading all the ecological guides about this planet. The waters were fresh and clean, and free of anything dangerous to human...or half-human...life. It gave him an idea, and with that idea came a wicked grin.

"I saw a stream down at the base of this hill," he drawled, purring in her ear. "I bet that water's warm. It's their summertime, here."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I dunno," Gabriel answered honestly.  "I guess I just think of random things at random times.  Oh well," he shrugged, grinning and giving her a little light bop on the tip of her nose.  "Like I said, no rush.  There's plenty of time to think about it.  Plenty of time for us."  Gabe knew that he couldn't control the future, but he'd be damned if he ever let her down again.  Not while he was still drawing breath.

As he worked his fingers on the smooth skin of her shoulders, pale in the starlight, Gabriel felt the very real and very intense desire to slip that dress right off of her.  However, he thought back, remembering reading all the ecological guides about this planet.  The waters were fresh and clean, and free of anything dangerous to human...or half-human...life.  It gave him an idea, and with that idea came a wicked grin.

"I saw a stream down at the base of this hill," he drawled, purring in her ear.  "I bet that water's warm.  It's their summertime, here."

As her eyes crossed slightly as they tried to track Gabriel's finger going for the tip of her nose, Archangel glared playfully at her husband, knowing that he was just playing with her. "Yes, there's plenty of time for us to think about more children in the future," she agreed, catching that finger and placing a kiss to the end of it.

She swept her hair forward so that it was in front of her shoulder, out of the way of Gabriel's hands as he went back to work although, as he leaned forward to murmur in her ear, she found herself raising an eyebrow, turning slightly to look at him again and spotting the grin. A sly smile grew over her face in return as she said in a slightly teasing tone:

"I'll bet it is. What do you suggest, Mr Arthur?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As her eyes crossed slightly as they tried to track Gabriel's finger going for the tip of her nose, Archangel glared playfully at her husband, knowing that he was just playing with her.  "Yes, there's plenty of time for us to think about more children in the future," she agreed, catching that finger and placing a kiss to the end of it.

She swept her hair forward so that it was in front of her shoulder, out of the way of Gabriel's hands as he went back to work although, as he leaned forward to murmur in her ear, she found herself raising an eyebrow, turning slightly to look at him again and spotting the grin.  A sly smile grew over her face in return as she said in a slightly teasing tone:

"I'll bet it is.  What do you suggest, Mr Arthur?"

"Do you have to ask?" Gabriel replied, smirking cheekily as he hopped up to his feet, helping her up with him. He took the time to steal a quick kiss on her lips, and then winked, taking off toward the steam.

The soft grass made a swish sound as they moved through it, laughing down the hill. Gabriel could see the stars and moons reflected in the slow-moving waters, letting him know that they'd found a pretty good-sized pool. He glanced at the water, and then to his wife, gripping his shirt and pulling it over his head. "Well? Do you need help losing those clothes, or what?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Do you have to ask?" Gabriel replied, smirking cheekily as he hopped up to his feet, helping her up with him.  He took the time to steal a quick kiss on her lips, and then winked, taking off toward the steam.

The soft grass made a swish sound as they moved through it, laughing down the hill.  Gabriel could see the stars and moons reflected in the slow-moving waters, letting him know that they'd found a pretty good-sized pool.  He glanced at the water, and then to his wife, gripping his shirt and pulling it over his head.  "Well?  Do you need help losing those clothes, or what?"

Following the human's lead without protest, Archangel let Gabriel take her by the hand down the hillock toward the large stream that wound its silvery ribbon through the countryside. It would seem that Gabriel had already spied an appropriate spot for their not-so-appropriate dip.

Poking her tongue out at him for the comment about undressing, Archangel deftly slipped the straps of her dress from her shoulders and wriggled out of it for what seemed like the umpteenth time that day.

Grinning at Gabriel, she looped her arms around his neck, enjoying the sensation of his skin against hers. "Is this better?" she asked slyly. Her more playful side wouldn't be denied, however, as she then pushed him into the water.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:30 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Following the human's lead without protest, Archangel let Gabriel take her by the hand down the hillock toward the large stream that wound its silvery ribbon through the countryside.  It would seem that Gabriel had already spied an appropriate spot for their not-so-appropriate dip.

Poking her tongue out at him for the comment about undressing, Archangel deftly slipped the straps of her dress from her shoulders and wriggled out of it for what seemed like the umpteenth time that day.  

Grinning at Gabriel, she looped her arms around his neck, enjoying the sensation of his skin against hers.  "Is this better?" she asked slyly.  Her more playful side wouldn't be denied, however, as she then pushed him into the water.

If this keeps up, Gabriel thought, we're going to just need to make that dress tear-away or something. His eyes fluttered closed in pure contentment as she pressed up against him, feeling the smooth warmth of her. "Much better," Gabe murmured, reaching down to show just how much he appreciated it, and...

...And then an abrupt shift of scenery occurred, landing him right into the water. He quickly popped up out of the water, spitting and sputtering. "Hey, now," he laughed, splashing from the pool to where she stood. "You know what they say about paybacks!"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:42 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
If this keeps up, Gabriel thought, we're going to just need to make that dress tear-away or something.  His eyes fluttered closed in pure contentment as she pressed up against him, feeling the smooth warmth of her.  "Much better," Gabe murmured, reaching down to show just how much he appreciated it, and...

...And then an abrupt shift of scenery occurred, landing him right into the water.  He quickly popped up out of the water, spitting and sputtering.  "Hey, now," he laughed, splashing from the pool to where she stood.  "You know what they say about paybacks!"

Archangel couldn't help but laugh with Gabriel as he surfaced, water cascading down from his hair over his features and muscles. Before he could retaliate, she slipped into the water alongside him. She shivered a little at the coolness of the water without the sun to warm it. Moving over to him, she wrapped her arms around him again, smiling.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist," she said apologetically, sneaking a kiss from his lips. A strange frisson ran through her spine at the knowledge that they were naked under the light of the moon, outside where anyone could come across them.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:28 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel couldn't help but laugh with Gabriel as he surfaced, water cascading down from his hair over his features and muscles.  Before he could retaliate, she slipped into the water alongside him.  She shivered a little at the coolness of the water without the sun to warm it.  Moving over to him, she wrapped her arms around him again, smiling.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist," she said apologetically, sneaking a kiss from his lips.  A strange frisson ran through her spine at the knowledge that they were naked under the light of the moon, outside where anyone could come across them.

"You're lucky you're so easy to forgive," Gabriel laughed, winking water out of his eyes as the couple stood in the large, slow-moving pool. He reached up, swooping the long, heavy strands of wet hair out of her face and hooking them behind her ears. Of course, he made damn sure to touch along those sensitive little points. Before she could say much about it, however, he brought his lips to hers, tasting the warmth of her tongue as he cupped her face in his hand. His other hand wandered downward, trailing his thumb along her chest. "Are you shivering? Do you need to come closer?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Gifts   Today at 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Simple Gifts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: