Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 pm

[Starbase Athena - Briefing Room]

Archangel sat to the right of Rear Admiral Corman Stark in the briefing room on Starbase Athena as they waited for several key members of the crew to join them.  She had asked that several representatives from each department join them for this particular briefing, just to make sure that each department would know exactly what was required of them.

She scrolled through the text on her PADD again, the orders that had been sent from Command through to the Phoenix.  A war games was an interesting prospect, especially since they had had a true war not all that long ago, but this one promised to be particularly interesting.  War games... with the Romulan Star Empire.  The Empire was sending over one of its warbirds, a D'Deridex class, and, for the course of one battle, the crews of the two ships would switch over completely before engaging each other.

This should be interesting.  I've never seen the operations of a warbird before, she thought to herself as she set the PADD aside and waited for the members of her own crew to turn up.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Starbase Athena - Briefing Room]

Archangel sat to the right of Rear Admiral Corman Stark in the briefing room on Starbase Athena as they waited for several key members of the crew to join them.  She had asked that several representatives from each department join them for this particular briefing, just to make sure that each department would know exactly what was required of them.

She scrolled through the text on her PADD again, the orders that had been sent from Command through to the Phoenix.  A war games was an interesting prospect, especially since they had had a true war not all that long ago, but this one promised to be particularly interesting.  War games... with the Romulan Star Empire.  The Empire was sending over one of its warbirds, a D'Deridex class, and, for the course of one battle, the crews of the two ships would switch over completely before engaging each other.

This should be interesting.  I've never seen the operations of a warbird before, she thought to herself as she set the PADD aside and waited for the members of her own crew to turn up.

Bridge

Kaitlin sat at the helm of the ship, bored with nothing to do. Word came through about the meeting and Kaitlin stood up and checked herself over. "All clean, no marks... Check." She was in her red skant uniform and wanted to make an impression on the ship staff. After she had checked herself over she made her way towards the conference room.

Briefing Room

Just before she entered she double checked her kit. 'All ok... Yep.. Now Kaitlin, make a good impression.' Kaitlin walked into the almost empty conference room. "Captain T'Koris, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kaitlin Dexter." Kaitlin extended a hand towards the captain.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:42 pm

[Briefing Room]

In all the time he'd been on the Phoenix's crew, Kintiss had never once been called up to the briefing room, the Captain's office or any other office of a senior officer, save for the occasional visit to the Councilor. He took this as a good sign, since it meant he was doing his job well. So why was he was being called to the briefing room now?

"You wanted to sssssee me, Ca..." He paused. There was an Admiral in the room. Whatever this was, it was probably serious business. He cleared his throat, regaining his composure. "You wanted to ssssee me, Captain?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
Just before she entered she double checked her kit. 'All ok... Yep.. Now Kaitlin, make a good impression.' Kaitlin walked into the almost empty conference room. "Captain T'Koris, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kaitlin Dexter." Kaitlin extended a hand towards the captain.

Kintiss wrote:
In all the time he'd been on the Phoenix's crew, Kintiss had never once been called up to the briefing room, the Captain's office or any other office of a senior officer, save for the occasional visit to the Councilor. He took this as a good sign, since it meant he was doing his job well. So why was he was being called to the briefing room now?

"You wanted to sssssee me, Ca..." He paused. There was an Admiral in the room. Whatever this was, it was probably serious business. He cleared his throat, regaining his composure. "You wanted to ssssee me, Captain?"

[Briefing Room]

"Kintiss, Dexter, welcome!" Archangel said, smiling warmly at the two as they walked in to the briefing room. They were two members of her crew that she wasn't particularly familiar with, but she hoped that that would change with time. She didn't like the idea that any member of her crew could be unknown to her.

"Please, sit down. Replicator's just over there if you want to get yourself something. I've found that there's nothing worse in a briefing than having everyone more distracted by their lunch rather than focusing on their mission."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:




[Briefing Room]

"Kintiss, Dexter, welcome!" Archangel said, smiling warmly at the two as they walked in to the briefing room.  They were two members of her crew that she wasn't particularly familiar with, but she hoped that that would change with time.  She didn't like the idea that any member of her crew could be unknown to her.

"Please, sit down.  Replicator's just over there if you want to get yourself something.  I've found that there's nothing worse in a briefing than having everyone more distracted by their lunch rather than focusing on their mission."

Kaitlin walked over to the replicator, getting a cup of water then taking a seat opposite the captain and admiral Stark, whom Kaitlin didn't spot when she first walked in.

"So captain, if I am correct you are the CO of the ship?" Kaitlin asked taking a sip of the water after she spoke.


_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
Kaitlin walked over to the replicator, getting a cup of water then taking a seat opposite the captain and admiral Stark, whom Kaitlin didn't spot when she first walked in.

"So captain, if I am correct you are the CO of the ship?" Kaitlin asked taking a sip of the water after she spoke.

[Briefing Room]

"Temporarily, I'm back to first officer, Crewman," Archangel replied, picking up the cup of tea she had replicated shortly before the two crewmembers had come in. "Rear Admiral Stark is taking command of the Phoenix for this particular mission."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 pm

[Briefing Room]

At least they were allowing him refreshments. Good thing, too, since it had been a while since Kintiss had last eaten or drank anything, and he knew what he wanted.

"Raktajino, cold and ssssweet." A swirl of particles illuminated the replicator, and he came back to the table with a glass of chilled Klingon coffee in his hand.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Briefing Room]

"Temporarily, I'm back to first officer, Crewman," Archangel replied, picking up the cup of tea she had replicated shortly before the two crewmembers had come in.  "Rear Admiral Stark is taking command of the Phoenix for this particular mission."

"Ahh I look forward to beginning on the ship. And if I am correct my DH is lieutenant Jiseth, the second officer of the Phoenix, a fine ship might I say." Kaitlin took another sip of the water, quenching her thirst.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Ahh I look forward to beginning on the ship. And if I am correct my DH is lieutenant Jiseth, the second officer of the Phoenix, a fine ship might I say." Kaitlin took another sip of the water, quenching her thirst.

Archangel raised one upswept eyebrow as she took a sip of her tea and wondered just where they had picked up this stray pilot. She looked young, certainly, but Archangel wasn't sure whether that was any reason for not reading the crew roster or familiarising herself with the command structure.

"Yes, Lieutenant Jiseth is the Chief Flight Officer on board the Phoenix, but you'll find that the second officer is Lieutenant Rellek, the Chief Science Officer."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


Archangel raised one upswept eyebrow as she took a sip of her tea and wondered just where they had picked up this stray pilot.  She looked young, certainly, but Archangel wasn't sure whether that was any reason for not reading the crew roster or familiarising herself with the command structure.

"Yes, Lieutenant Jiseth is the Chief Flight Officer on board the Phoenix, but you'll find that the second officer is Lieutenant Rellek, the Chief Science Officer."

"Ma'am, I'll make sure I re-read the roster when I get back." Kaitlin went all red. 'Damn you've made yourself look a fool you idiot.' Her mind said to herself as she went even more red.

"I've met your daughter Seika captain! She's beautiful and creative might I say!" Her face was still red and she was still extremely embarrassed by her mistakes.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:53 pm

[Briefing Room]

There was little to do about the hissing of the doors. They made stealthy entry impossible, but that did not keep her from trying. She stood in the doorway with a rather firm look toward the newcomer to her squadron. Was not entirely what she had in mind, but she would have to do.

"I lost my three best and this is what they send me..."

She looked away and glided over to the replicator. Her voice was soft, but there was a certain pent up growl in her breath. The alpha of the pack sizing up a pup. No one would ever truly fill the vacancies left in her department.

Taking her cup of tea, she moved close to T'Koris and leaned her back against the viewport. Her free hand balled into a fist and docked with the side of her hip. Her gaze once again down across the table to the crewman.

"Dexter, hmm? We'll have to get you a call sign. Mine is Oddball."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[Briefing Room]

There was little to do about the hissing of the doors. They made stealthy entry impossible, but that did not keep her from trying. She stood in the doorway with a rather firm look toward the newcomer to her squadron. Was not entirely what she had in mind, but she would have to do.

"I lost my three best and this is what they send me..."

She looked away and glided over to the replicator. Her voice was soft, but there was a certain pent up growl in her breath. The alpha of the pack sizing up a pup. No one would ever truly fill the vacancies left in her department.

Taking her cup of tea, she moved close to T'Koris and leaned her back against the viewport. Her free hand balled into a fist and docked with the side of her hip. Her gaze once again down across the table to the crewman.

"Dexter, hmm? We'll have to get you a call sign. Mine is Oddball."

As the lieutenant join the room, it made her more nervous, an admiral, a captain and finally her DH. 'Make anymore mistakes now and you might as well hang yourself!' Once again her conscience spoke to her again, always hostile towards Kaitlin which made her even more nervous and embarrassed.

"Ermm.. Yes, of course lieutenant."  Jiseth didn't look like someone she would get along with, which probably wouldn't help considering she was Kaitlin's DH.

'Nobody likes you, just resign now and don't come back.' A tear ran down her cheek as she heard her conscience speaking, she quickly rubbed it off hoping no one had seen it.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Nelkar Epath
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Purple Heart
Posting Excellence
Posts : 267
Join date : 2015-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:11 pm

[Corridor]

He'd promised that he'd cooperate with the doctors, and wait out until he was released from sickbay before he started back off with work again. Unfortunately, after days and days of nothing but prodding scans and the replaying mental images of the events leading up to the loss of his leg, Nelkar had had enough. With Alpha sufficiently distracted by an interesting genetic code, he'd made it fast getting out of sickbay and eventually off the starbase to get back to the Phoenix.

He was already regretting it. Though he'd been fitted with a bio-synthetic leg to replace the one he'd lost, it hadn't been totally fitted to him, and he hadn't really done enough physical therapy and rehab for it to not be incredibly painful.

At least he could walk, and walk he did until he got to the captain's briefing room. He knew for a fact that most other members of engineering would prefer not leaving their spots in the bowels of the ship, but he wanted to get himself back where he wanted to be.

[Briefing Room]

Nelkar entered the room with a look of tired professionalism to mask his discomfort. He walked with a limp, as though his right leg were abnormally stiff- which, it was, being effectively a robotic piece of technology that synced with the remainder of the nerves in his hip.

"Captain," he said shortly, before taking a seat. He made sure not to let the relief show on his face at being able to sit down. At least Cardassians were excellent at being trained to hide their pain.

_______________________________
"Confidence comes from discipline and training."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:


As the lieutenant join the room, it made her more nervous, an admiral, a captain and finally her DH. 'Make anymore mistakes now and you might as well hang yourself!' Once again her conscience spoke to her again, always hostile towards Kaitlin which made her even more nervous and embarrassed.

"Ermm.. Yes, of course lieutenant."  Jiseth didn't look like someone she would get along with, which probably wouldn't help considering she was Kaitlin's DH.

'Nobody likes you, just resign now and don't come back.' A tear ran down her cheek as she heard her conscience speaking, she quickly rubbed it off hoping no one had seen it.

"Vorta Vor..."

A slight scoff escaped Jiseth's as she took a sip from her cup. This one would need work. A great deal of it.

"You're a first... The only one in the squadron who didn't serve in the Dominion War. A number were your age when it happened. They had to grow up quick. You'll learn a lot from them."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Jiseth wrote:


"Vorta Vor..."

A slight scoff escaped Jiseth's as she took a sip from her cup. This one would need work. A great deal of it.

"You're a first... The only one in the squadron who didn't serve in the Dominion War. A number were your age when it happened. They had to grow up quick. You'll learn a lot from them."

"Y..yes lieutenant." Kaitlin didn't have to much to say after her terrible entrance to the ship, all she wanted to do now was go back to her quarters, curl into a ball in the corner of the room and just let it all out. She hadn't even made a good impression on the lieutenant and she had walked in, only a moment ago.

'Your a failure.' Echoed throughout her mind constantly, almost slowly kicking her self confidence and self esteem away. "Go away and just don't come back." She murmured under her breath trying to get the 'demon' inside her away.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:40 pm

[Corridor- USS Phoenix]

T'Lara stepped out of her quarters and into the corridor. She'd taken the time to unpack on the ship, but since there were starbase engineers updating systems and most of the crew was on the station, she decided to go there. She had gotten a message from the XO Archangel T'Koris asking her to report to the briefing room. At least, she thought it was a request. She was a petty officer, and usually only department heads were required for briefings. The only logical explanation she could conclude was that the meeting was informal, and T'Koris wanted her to meet the crew. On the station she quickly determined the layout and found the location of the briefing room. She walked over to the door and took a deep breath, clearing her cluttered mind before entering.

[Briefing Room- Starbase Athena]

Inside, she immediately noticed that there were five people in the room of various species. Grateful for the diversity, she stepped further into the room and waited to be told what to do. She didn't know what was socially acceptable, but she didn't want to interrupt anything or sit down in the wrong seat.

_______________________________
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:


"Y..yes lieutenant." Kaitlin didn't have to much to say after her terrible entrance to the ship, all she wanted to do now was go back to her quarters, curl into a ball in the corner of the room and just let it all out. She hadn't even made a good impression on the lieutenant and she had walked in, only a moment ago.

'Your a failure.' Echoed throughout her mind constantly, almost slowly kicking her self confidence and self esteem away. "Go away and just don't come back." She murmured under her breath trying to get the 'demon' inside her away.

Pointed ears perked up though they were hidden by black hair. Jiseth's left eyebrow raised slowly. Concern was not something she enjoyed feeling. It meant there was a liability. Even worse, the potential for having to pull someone's wings. Nothing had shown up on the crewman's history or logbook, but her current body language was unsettling.

"...I think the other Wolves will like you just fine. You're going to have to learn to stomach Romulan ale, though. Remind me after this to schedule your practical evaluation. No one gets to the top of the pyramid on good looks alone."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Jiseth wrote:


Pointed ears perked up though they were hidden by black hair. Jiseth's left eyebrow raised slowly. Concern was not something she enjoyed feeling. It meant there was a liability. Even worse, the potential for having to pull someone's wings. Nothing had shown up on the crewman's history or logbook, but her current body language was unsettling.

"...I think the other Wolves will like you just fine. You're going to have to learn to stomach Romulan ale, though. Remind me after this to schedule your practical evaluation. No one gets to the top of the pyramid on good looks alone."

"Y... Yes lieutenant." She said once again with nothing else to say, she couldn't tell if what Jiseth said was a compliment or just a vendetta.

Kaitlin felt alone, as though she was almost stuck in a bubble and everyone else was outside the bubble. She felt alone, lonely, trapped.... By whatever was consuming the inside of her.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet


Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:04 pm

[Briefing Room]

The Vorta had just taken a step inside the room when she stopped suddenly. There was a noise coming from her as a grin stretche across her face. It was not quite a giggle. Definitely a noise of delight and excitement... That sounded almost like a kettle whistling as the water boiled into steam.

"Hello, Kaitlin Dexter! We took several classes together at the academy. Oh what a glorious day to see you here!"

It was a very controlled bounding across the room, though Reyaen would be skipping and hopping if it were not for the pretense of professionalism and presence of superior officers. Sliding into an open chair next to her, the Vorta scooted a little closer.

"I'm in the Ops department, are you here to fly? Did you finish your training?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Reyaen 3 wrote:
[Briefing Room]

The Vorta had just taken a step inside the room when she stopped suddenly. There was a noise coming from her as a grin stretche across her face. It was not quite a giggle. Definitely a noise of delight and excitement... That sounded almost like a kettle whistling as the water boiled into steam.

"Hello, Kaitlin Dexter! We took several classes together at the academy. Oh what a glorious day to see you here!"

It was a very controlled bounding across the room, though Reyaen would be skipping and hopping if it were not for the pretense of professionalism and presence of superior officers. Sliding into an open chair next to her, the Vorta scooted a little closer.

"I'm in the Ops department, are you here to fly? Did you finish your training?"

"Rayaen it's good to see you, yes I have finished my training and I have been posted here as a helmsman." Kaitlin tried to pull of the most enthusiastic voice she could but it was probably the most unconvincing.

As much as she was glad to see a familiar face, she wasn't in the right frame of mind, she was giving up, her mind was taking over and she was moments away from running out of the brief, she couldn't though, she's already ruined nearly any chance of even being considered for promotion and will most likely be stuck at the bottom forever.

'Your a failure, just give up... NOW!' Her mind screamed at her again another tear rolling down her cheek. One, two, three, it went on and on but she couldn't control herself.

"Lieutenant I think I might have to get checked out by the counsellor." She said moments away from just screaming, then running away.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"Lieutenant I think I might have to get checked out by the counsellor." She said moments away from just screaming, then running away.

[Briefing Room]

Archangel had been watching the exchange between Jiseth and the new helmsman with a continuously raising eyebrow. While she was aware that the Phoenix had developed a bit of a reputation for being the ship of misfits, she had to admit that this was the first time she had seen a crew member on the verge of a nervous breakdown before the briefing had even started.

"T'Koris to Warden, we need you in the briefing room immediately," she said after tapping her commbadge, calling the ship's newly assigned counsellor. Let's get him jumping in the deep end. Scotty knows he needs to start somewhere on this ship.

Standing up from her chair, the Romulan then stepped over to Kaitlin, putting a hand on her shoulder. "There's no need for the waterworks, now, Kaitlin," she said in her best mothering tone as she pulled a tissue from her pocket and handed it to the young woman. "It's only a briefing. The counsellor's on his way."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:

As much as she was glad to see a familiar face, she wasn't in the right frame of mind, she was giving up, her mind was taking over and she was moments away from running out of the brief, she couldn't though, she's already ruined nearly any chance of even being considered for promotion and will most likely be stuck at the bottom forever.

'Your a failure, just give up... NOW!' Her mind screamed at her again another tear rolling down her cheek. One, two, three, it went on and on but she couldn't control herself.

"Lieutenant I think I might have to get checked out by the counsellor." She said moments away from just screaming, then running away.

The Romulan stood suddenly dumbstruck. There were several blinks both at the Vorta and then her own crewman. Protocols and regulations began to swirl in her head at the mention of a counselor.

"Ye-... If that's what you feel you need to do, no one will stop you. I frequent their office myself. However, if I feel you can't fly, your wings will be pulled without a second thought."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Briefing Room]

Archangel had been watching the exchange between Jiseth and the new helmsman with a continuously raising eyebrow.  While she was aware that the Phoenix had developed a bit of a reputation for being the ship of misfits, she had to admit that this was the first time she had seen a crew member on the verge of a nervous breakdown before the briefing had even started.

"T'Koris to Warden, we need you in the briefing room immediately," she said after tapping her commbadge, calling the ship's newly assigned counsellor.  Let's get him jumping in the deep end.  Scotty knows he needs to start somewhere on this ship.

Standing up from her chair, the Romulan then stepped over to Kaitlin, putting a hand on her shoulder.  "There's no need for the waterworks, now, Kaitlin," she said in her best mothering tone as she pulled a tissue from her pocket and handed it to the young woman.  "It's only a briefing.  The counsellor's on his way."

"I've failed haven't I? Unfit for duty. It's what my head tells me..." Kaitlin took the tissue and rubbed the tears of her eyes, only more came back down but that wasn't her fault.

'Well you'd always blame it on me wouldn't you! HANG NOW!' Kaitlin screamed, competely deafening most likely everyone in the room. "It... It speaks to me... It says bad things and I can't stop it! Just make it stop..." Kaitlin cried out to everyone in the room.

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
George Warden
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Briefing Room]

Archangel had been watching the exchange between Jiseth and the new helmsman with a continuously raising eyebrow.  While she was aware that the Phoenix had developed a bit of a reputation for being the ship of misfits, she had to admit that this was the first time she had seen a crew member on the verge of a nervous breakdown before the briefing had even started.

"T'Koris to Warden, we need you in the briefing room immediately," she said after tapping her commbadge, calling the ship's newly assigned counsellor.  Let's get him jumping in the deep end.  Scotty knows he needs to start somewhere on this ship.

Standing up from her chair, the Romulan then stepped over to Kaitlin, putting a hand on her shoulder.  "There's no need for the waterworks, now, Kaitlin," she said in her best mothering tone as she pulled a tissue from her pocket and handed it to the young woman.  "It's only a briefing.  The counsellor's on his way."

[Counselor's Office]

George was quietly fiddling with some data sheets. The crew manifests were going to be transferred to him soon, and he was going to have quite a lot of time to look through them all and see what he was up against. He'd heard stories about this crew and their various neuroses. It wouldn't be that bad, he thought.

His combadge sought to prove him wrong with a call to the briefing room.

A call, this early in the day? Sheesh. The counselor just smiled bemusedly to himself and dropped his PADD on the small table by his desk chair. Whatever it was, he hoped he wouldn't be pulling anyone out sedated today. Not that those stories aren't anything more than infrequent rumors, Warden mentally continued, then left his office to head to the briefing room.

[Briefing Room]

It didn't take long for him to locate the current subject needing attention. She was agitated-looking, but as of yet didn't seem to be breaking down totally. George wanted to keep it that way, and made sure his approach to the crying girl was cautious, but not hesitant.

Scratch that- she was already getting more agitated. No time to waste.

"Hey," he said. "We don't have to stay here. Why don't you come with me, and we can have a talk." His tone matched his expression-- calm, assured, and -hopefully- soothing. "Is that alright?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"I've failed haven't I? Unfit for duty. It's what my head tells me..." Kaitlin took the tissue and rubbed the tears of her eyes, only more came back down but that wasn't her fault.

'Well you'd always blame it on me wouldn't you! HANG NOW!' Kaitlin screamed, competely deafening most likely everyone in the room. "It... It speaks to me... It says bad things and I can't stop it! Just make it stop..." Kaitlin cried out to everyone in the room.

[Briefing Room]

Archangel winced. She couldn't help it. Highly sensitive hearing was not a great thing to have when the person next to you started to scream and wail. It was a relief to be able to hand over to the ship's counsellor as he bustled in to the briefing room, meaning that she could slink away a few paces and discreetly rub at her ear in the hope that it would dislodge the ringing sound. She also made a mental note to have a word with Starfleet Command about the personnel they were sending her.

A Vorta, a Breen and a basket case, oh my.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Today at 6:50 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: