Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Yesterday at 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:28 pm

[Airlock]

Julia approached the airlock with T'Lara at her side. The town of them had had a productive welcoming conversation an evening earlier. The pair had worked without interruption for two hours luring over the specifications of the Warbird. "Crewman." Julia looked to the Vulcan at her left who was carrying several PADD's. She's learning well. She thought to herself. She always believed it was the duty of a good Science officer to have many reference materials available at all times. "When we get aboard I want you to take Science 2 and be prepared to take on full departmental battle responsibilities. There is no way of telling where my presence will be needed by the Captain and I want to be prepared for any contingency."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
[Airlock]

Julia approached the airlock with T'Lara at her side. The town of them had had a productive welcoming conversation an evening earlier. The pair had worked without interruption for two hours luring over the specifications of the Warbird. "Crewman." Julia looked to the Vulcan at her left who was carrying several PADD's. She's learning well. She thought to herself. She always believed it was the duty of a good Science officer to have many reference materials available at all times. "When we get aboard I want you to take Science 2 and be prepared to take on full departmental battle responsibilities. There is no way of telling where my presence will be needed by the Captain and I want to be prepared for any contingency."

[Airlock]

"Understood, Lieutenant." T'Lara shifted the stack of PADDs she was holding so that she could hold them better as they walked. She was pleased with how much time she was able to spend with Julia. Learning about the warbirds and learning more about how her DH organized things was very helpful. After they'd worked together for several hours, T'Lara had gone to bed confident that she could operate the Romulan systems. Now that they were almost to the ship she began an excercise to suppress her emotions as excitement caused her heart to race. She glanced at Julia and hoped she didn't notice her brief carelessness.

_______________________________
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Uh-huh," Gabriel grinned, nodding.  "It's a four-hundred-page treatise on the rules and game design philosophy of Fizzbin, though."  He appreciated his wife's attempt at humor, but he could read the tension in her brows, as well as the set of her shoulders.  Archangel T'Koris was girded for war, no doubt about it.  He wished he could go rub some of the tightness out of those shoulders...but that'd have to wait.  "I guess we're good and ready to get this show on the road, huh?"

[Airlock]

"Now that I know where my Ensign ran off to, I suppose so."

Jiseth sidled next to Gabriel with her arms crossed and her focus on the Catian next to T'Koris. Her other officers were in tow. The first behind her was Lieutenant "Night Owl" Sheerhan who was properly and artificially awake. If it were not for the stimulants keeping his eyes a touch too wide open, he perhaps would attempt to outrun Jiseth to his quarters to sleep. Odds success, however, were near nil caught between her and Ensign "Princess" T'Mir. The Vulcan had taken up the late Meru's duties with a relative sense of humor of precisely none at all. Even the Bajoran before her would make a joke at times, often funnier in the attempted delivery.

"If its all the same to you, Captain, I'd like to share a few bottles of ale with the Gannius crew when it's all said and done. Might help them cope with the defeat."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:


This is nuts, Gavin thought, shouldering his large kitbag.  He'd not known exactly what all to take on the Warbird with him, so he settled on stuffing the attache full of whatever would fit in it.  Gavin had to admit that the thought of working with the Romulans' science department held its charms.  It would certainly be a challenge.

Craning his neck, Gavin looked around some of his fellow officers, trying to pick out a pair of blue antenne.  Well, one antenna and one stub, that was.  He'd not seen Thelos since breakfast this morning.  What he did find, however, was a walking snake.  Despite the contradictory mental image that conjured up, he'd found Kintiss to be a rather pleasant fellow.  

"Hey!" Gavin said, falling into place with the medical officer.  If Kintiss was already here, Thelos couldn't be far behind.  "Ready for this?  Here's to hoping we don't blow ourselves up...right?"

Kintiss eyed Gavin's kitbag warily, as if he thought it might explode. "I thought we weren't going to be usssing Sssstarfleet equipment." It looked like he'd shoved a whole laboratory into that bag.

Despite Gavin's general joviality, Kintiss was feeling just a little apprehensive. The only time he'd been near Romulan warbirds was when they were shooting at whatever ship he was on. The idea of their crew using one didn't sit well with him, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Best to just grin and bear it, even though he'd been told his grins could terrify Klingons from across a room.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"Now that I know where my Ensign ran off to, I suppose so."

Jiseth sidled next to Gabriel with her arms crossed and her focus on the Catian next to T'Koris. Her other officers were in tow. The first behind her was Lieutenant "Night Owl" Sheerhan who was properly and artificially awake. If it were not for the stimulants keeping his eyes a touch too wide open, he perhaps would attempt to outrun Jiseth to his quarters to sleep. Odds success, however, were near nil caught between her and Ensign "Princess" T'Mir. The Vulcan had taken up the late Meru's duties with a relative sense of humor of precisely none at all. Even the Bajoran before her would make a joke at times, often funnier in the attempted delivery.

"If its all the same to you, Captain, I'd like to share a few bottles of ale with the Gannius crew when it's all said and done. Might help them cope with the defeat."

[Airlock]

As soon as she had seen the Romulan, flanked by her cronies, making her way along the passage to the airlock, Persephone felt her fur starting to fluff up in a natural response to what the subconscious perceived to be a threat. The young Caitian wasn't sure why her department head was pinging strongly on her threat radar, but she sure as hell wasn't going to let Jiseth be the reason that her carefully groomed fur ruffled. She had spent quite a long time carefully licking and brushing her fur into sleek, professional submission.

"Lieutenant," she said, standing to attention and nodding respectfully to Jiseth and the officers flanking her. "I finished all the simulations you set me last night, severrrrral times."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:52 pm

[Airlock]

Archangel offered Gabriel another faint smile in response to his attempt at humour before being distracted by Jiseth's approach.

"No need to worry about that, Jiseth," she assured the senior pilot. "Admiral Deacon's already arranged for a 'do back on the station once we've finished our little dogfight." She then put her 'captain' hat on and straightened her spine. Time to get this assignment underway. Most of the senior officers she needed were here, as well as several junior officers, so she might as well get them onto the Gannius and settling into their positions.

Moving over to the keypad next to the airlock, she input the security code that would release the locks put in place to keep out any unauthorised personnel. The airlock hissed as the pressurised atmosphere inside escaped, the door rolling to the side to allow them entry.

"Ok, everyone, go in, find your stations and familiarise yourselves with them," she stated, stepping aside to let her crew pass. However, as one of the science officers walked past her, she placed a hand on his shoulder, one upswept eyebrow raised. "I would hope that you're not intending to use Federation equipment on this mission, Mr Van Gelder," she said, her tone light but the undercurrent of tritanium was clear as the ridges on her face.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
SB Athena - Quarters

Kaitlin sat in the quarters given to her while she was discharged, she was confused, lost and most of all, disappointed in herself. She was sat on the floor in the corner of her room, she wanted company but everyone was gone.

She knew no one on the starbase, something that was still a thing with most members of the Phoenix. She stayed in the corner, rocking back and forward.

[Starbase Athena - Habitation ring]

Ilana was finding it difficult to be able to stay off duty given that she was on medical leave since the incident at Pullock V that had left her with a large crater where her hip was supposed to be after a terrorist had fired a disruptor at near enough point blank range at her. Her case had been exacerbated by her frail frame and unfortunate tendency to put everything before her own wellbeing.

The station's medical crew, in an attempt to do something to keep her off duty and resting her partially reconstructed hip, had sent her to check on one of the Phoenix's crew members who had been relieved of duty the previous day.

Stepping up to the quarters that had been assigned to the young woman in question, Ilana had to take a deep breath to steady herself. She disliked socialising with anyone other than Raynor, mainly due to the fact that she was embarrassed about her stammer. Pressing the chime outside the door, she closed her eyes and waited for a response.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"Lieutenant," she said, standing to attention and nodding respectfully to Jiseth and the officers flanking her.  "I finished all the simulations you set me last night, severrrrral times."
Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Ok, everyone, go in, find your stations and familiarise yourselves with them," she stated, stepping aside to let her crew pass.

[Airlock]

"We'll make a Wolf out of you yet, Ensign."

For a moment Jiseth turned her attention to the Captain before waving her hand to follow behind, alongside Sheerhan and T'Mir. There was a subtle but confident smirk pulling at the right side of her lips that she tried to fight. A habit she picked up from Toreth. Perhaps this venture would put her in better standing with the Romulan military. With both hands on her hips she strode across the airlock and onto the giant, green warbird.


[IRW Gannius]

"Hey Oddball, are we there yet?"

"We crossed the threshold less than a minute ago, Night Owl... Perhaps a few less excursions past curfew?"

"Hey, I have a reputation to keep, Princess!"


"And I as well for having the best personnel, so try to behave yourselves, you two."

"Is there something disagreeable with our usual banter, my lady?"

"Yeah, what gives? Is it because of the new runt of the litter with us?"


"M'Rai, I can look away while you lacerate him with your claws."

"...Her whats?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"We'll make a Wolf out of you yet, Ensign."

For a moment Jiseth turned her attention to the Captain before waving her hand to follow behind, alongside Sheerhan and T'Mir. There was a subtle but confident smirk pulling at the right side of her lips that she tried to fight. A habit she picked up from Toreth. Perhaps this venture would put her in better standing with the Romulan military. With both hands on her hips she strode across the airlock and onto the giant, green warbird.


[IRW Gannius]

"Hey Oddball, are we there yet?"

"We crossed the threshold less than a minute ago, Night Owl... Perhaps a few less excursions past curfew?"

"Hey, I have a reputation to keep, Princess!"


"And I as well for having the best personnel, so try to behave yourselves, you two."

"Is there something disagreeable with our usual banter, my lady?"

"Yeah, what gives? Is it because of the new runt of the litter with us?"


"M'Rai, I can look away while you lacerate him with your claws."

"...Her whats?"

[IRW Gannius]

Although she was a little confused by the comment about becoming a wolf, Persephone decided not to make a fool of herself by asking and simply resolved to look it up next time she got access to a Federation computer. She quietly followed the trio, listening in on their banter, absent-mindedly remarking on the differences between Federation flooring and the deck plates on the warbird beneath the pads of her paws.

Her tail started to flick from side to side in irritation as she heard someone refer to her as the 'runt of the litter'. That was quite the insult to a proud Caitian. Her claws had already snuck out from their hiding place in her paws, but she forced herself to retract them.

"With pleasurrrrre," she growled although, apart from her tail, her body language suggested that she was joking.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman


Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


[Starbase Athena - Habitation ring]

Ilana was finding it difficult to be able to stay off duty given that she was on medical leave since the incident at Pullock V that had left her with a large crater where her hip was supposed to be after a terrorist had fired a disruptor at near enough point blank range at her.  Her case had been exacerbated by her frail frame and unfortunate tendency to put everything before her own wellbeing.

The station's medical crew, in an attempt to do something to keep her off duty and resting her partially reconstructed hip, had sent her to check on one of the Phoenix's crew members who had been relieved of duty the previous day.

Stepping up to the quarters that had been assigned to the young woman in question, Ilana had to take a deep breath to steady herself.  She disliked socialising with anyone other than Raynor, mainly due to the fact that she was embarrassed about her stammer.  Pressing the chime outside the door, she closed her eyes and waited for a response.

When the doorbell chimed, Kaitlin jumped out of her skin. "I, err... H...h...hello? I think you might have got the wrong room. Kaitlin quietly spoke jumping back onto her feet so she didn't look insane. "I'm not really dressed for this... Are you sure you want me?" She asked, brushing her skant uniform off then opening the door.

To her suprise it was Ilana, her only friend so far. Ilana did a checkup on Kaitlin before she started the assignment and I think we can all see how that ended, sat in a starbase room, rocking backwards and forwards.

"Ilana! It's great to see you." Kaitlin walked straight up to her and hugged her. "I've been needing someone to talk to, please do come in!" Kaitlin was semi excited but still annoyed with herself after the commotion she caused. "Would you like a drink?"

_______________________________
| Name: Kaitlin Dexter | Ship: USS Phoenix |
| Rank: Senior Crewman |
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Kintiss wrote:


Kintiss eyed Gavin's kitbag warily, as if he thought it might explode. "I thought we weren't going to be usssing Sssstarfleet equipment." It looked like he'd shoved a whole laboratory into that bag.

Despite Gavin's general joviality, Kintiss was feeling just a little apprehensive. The only time he'd been near Romulan warbirds was when they were shooting at whatever ship he was on. The idea of their crew using one didn't sit well with him, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Best to just grin and bear it, even though he'd been told his grins could terrify Klingons from across a room.

[Airlock]

"Hmm? Oh," Gavin said, frowning at the bulging kitbag in his hands. "Well. Uh...I just kinda assumed we'd be able to have a carry-on bag, at least..." Never mind that he'd tried to stuff every tool imaginable into a 'carry-on' bag.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Ok, everyone, go in, find your stations and familiarise yourselves with them," she stated, stepping aside to let her crew pass. However, as one of the science officers walked past her, she placed a hand on his shoulder, one upswept eyebrow raised. "I would hope that you're not intending to use Federation equipment on this mission, Mr Van Gelder," she said, her tone light but the undercurrent of tritanium was clear as the ridges on her face.

Gavin jumped slightly as Captain T'Koris reached out and calamped her hand down on his shoulder. He wondered if she ever thought about taking up arm wrestling. "Of course not," he sputtered, offering a boyishly-apologetic smile. "Just...uh, here," he said, handing off the bag to a nearby security officer. "Might wanna check out what's in there, don't worry about giving it back, won't need it, thank you very much." He smiled again, quickly ducking into the airlock.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
When the doorbell chimed, Kaitlin jumped out of her skin. "I, err... H...h...hello? I think you might have got the wrong room. Kaitlin quietly spoke jumping back onto her feet so she didn't look insane. "I'm not really dressed for this... Are you sure you want me?" She asked, brushing her skant uniform off then opening the door.

To her suprise it was Ilana, her only friend so far. Ilana did a checkup on Kaitlin before she started the assignment and I think we can all see how that ended, sat in a starbase room, rocking backwards and forwards.

"Ilana! It's great to see you." Kaitlin walked straight up to her and hugged her. "I've been needing someone to talk to, please do come in!" Kaitlin was semi excited but still annoyed with herself after the commotion she caused. "Would you like a drink?"

When Kaitlin hugged her, Ilana stiffened, tensing up drastically at the unwanted contact, not to mention the fact that it meant that the young woman brushed against her injured hip. She stifled a yelp and pulled away. People touching her was definitely not high up on the list of things she liked, especially people she hadn't noticed for a significant amount of time.

"I th-th-th-thought y-y-you m-might w-want t-t-to t-talk t-t-to s-s-someone," she replied quietly once Kaitlin had finally let her go. "I kn-kn-know I d-d-did wh-when I w-w-was r-relieved of d-d-duty b-b-because of m-m-my v-voice. I, uh, th-thought w-w-we c-c-could g-go f-f-for a w-walk along th-th-the p-p-promenade? I'm s-s-supposed t-t-to t-take g-g-gentle exercise t-t-to h-h-help m-m-my h-hip and th-th-thought y-you m-m-might l-like t-t-to j-j-j-join m-m-me."

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 pm

[Airlock]

Slowly but surely, the airlock had filled up with several of Ezac's shipmates. He watched while some of them engaged in conversation, while others simply stood in silence. Out of the crowd of his vaguely familiar shipmates, he had yet to spot Pardek. Perhaps she has been detained, Ezac thought to himself.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Airlock]
Moving over to the keypad next to the airlock, she input the security code that would release the locks put in place to keep out any unauthorised personnel.  The airlock hissed as the pressurised atmosphere inside escaped, the door rolling to the side to allow them entry.

"Ok, everyone, go in, find your stations and familiarise yourselves with them," she stated, stepping aside to let her crew pass.  However, as one of the science officers walked past her, she placed a hand on his shoulder, one upswept eyebrow raised.  "I would hope that you're not intending to use Federation equipment on this mission, Mr Van Gelder," she said, her tone light but the undercurrent of tritanium was clear as the ridges on her face.

Ezac walked by T'Koris just as she addressed the one who must have been Van Gelder, the science officer. He couldn't blame the officer for trying to bring some Federation equipment aboard the Romulan vessel; after all, it was going to be foreign enough as it was. Nevertheless, he understood the need for regulations.

[IRW Gannius]

Ezac found a lift without too much trouble. He stepped inside and set off for the first deck.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"With pleasurrrrre," she growled although, apart from her tail, her body language suggested that she was joking.

[IRW Gannius]

While Night Owl was somewhat skiddish with a raised eyebrow and Princess was curiously observing which part of the body would be most efficient to strike for an incapacitating effect, which would include death, Jiseth began to slow. Eventually she stopped in the middle of corridor. It was just one of hundreds that made up the labyrinth inside the vessel which made the layout of Federation ships look like a small apartment complex.

Reaching out to the bulkhead on the right side, she ran her hand along it slowly, as if she were petting a large animal. As she looked down the hallway, the scent, the temperature, the lighting, everything, reminded her of how it was on the Khazara. For a brief instant she thought she saw her former crewmates walking by. A scene which occurred thousands of times which seemed mundane and now in her own personal moment was quite precious.

"My lady, if I may inqui-"

"Shhh! Don't disturb this. Just watch and you Ensigns might learn something."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Julia moved towards the head of the group and walked beside the Captain. She walked by Gavin as he passed his bag to the security officer. "You brought a carry on?" Julia chuckled as the question was rhetorical. "Lieutenant, you'll be at Science one. The Captain has asked me to take on the role of executive officer for the duration of this mission. I'll need you to head up the science department." She glanced back at Crewman T'Lara. "Crewman T'Lara has conducted an extensive review of the ships protocols. I recommend you consult her prior to our departure." With a smile she moved ahead of the group, eager to get to the bridge. As she pulled away she glanced back. "By the way, congratulations on the promotion... Lieutenant."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia moved towards the head of the group and walked beside the Captain. She walked by Gavin as he passed his bag to the security officer. "You brought a carry on?" Julia chuckled as the question was rhetorical. "Lieutenant, you'll be at Science one. The Captain has asked me to take on the role of executive officer for the duration of this mission. I'll need you to head up the science department." She glanced back at Crewman T'Lara. "Crewman T'Lara has conducted an extensive review of the ships protocols. I recommend you consult her prior to our departure." With a smile she moved ahead of the group, eager to get to the bridge. As she pulled away she glanced back. "By the way, congratulations on the promotion... Lieutenant."

[Airlock]

As Lieutenant Rellek moved closer to the airlock , T'Lara noticed the young man wearing science blue. She listened to Julia's conversation with him, then she found herself alone with Gavin. Giving a slight nod, she addressed him.

"I do not believe we've yet met, Lieutenant. As Lieutenant Rellek already told you, my name is T'Lara," she re-introduced herself. "Shall we enter the vessel?" she offered, motioning to the door of the airlock.

_______________________________
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:53 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia moved towards the head of the group and walked beside the Captain. She walked by Gavin as he passed his bag to the security officer. "You brought a carry on?" Julia chuckled as the question was rhetorical. "Lieutenant, you'll be at Science one. The Captain has asked me to take on the role of executive officer for the duration of this mission. I'll need you to head up the science department." She glanced back at Crewman T'Lara. "Crewman T'Lara has conducted an extensive review of the ships protocols. I recommend you consult her prior to our departure." With a smile she moved ahead of the group, eager to get to the bridge. As she pulled away she glanced back. "By the way, congratulations on the promotion... Lieutenant."

[Airlock]

Gavin's sea-green eyes widened a little bit at Julia's proclamation. In hindsight, though, he shouldn't have been too surprised. Unless, of course, it was at the fact that he actually was a lieutenant. Gavin had pretty much resigned himself to being the fleet's longest-serving ensign. He wasn't sure if his father had been blocking his promotion requests, or Marius Van Gelder's cronies...either way, Gavin knew that by blowing the assignment with Zero, he'd earned a prominent spot on many high-ranking officials' crap lists.

"Science one, got it," Gavin said, a faint smile touching his lips as he lamented the loss of all the stuff he'd not been allowed to bring on board.

T'Lara wrote:
As Lieutenant Rellek moved closer to the airlock , T'Lara noticed the young man wearing science blue. She listened to Julia's conversation with him, then she found herself alone with Gavin. Giving a slight nod, she addressed him.

"I do not believe we've yet met, Lieutenant. As Lieutenant Rellek already told you, my name is T'Lara," she re-introduced herself. "Shall we enter the vessel?" she offered, motioning to the door of the airlock.

"Hello, T'Lara," Gavin replied, giving the Vulcan woman a little wave. "I guess we'll be working together to bring this green giant back to the Romulans in one piece." As the group entered the ship, Gavin once again tried to pick Thelos out of the crowd. He didn't see his Andorian, but he certainly did see Jiseth, looking rather like a tiger that'd just escaped the zoo. He supposed that he'd been avoiding her since the incident with her flight crew. Not out of their usual enmity, though. This time...well, he just didn't quite know what to say to her, or how to say it. Something had changed between the two of them, down on that Cardassian planet...but he'd be damned if he knew what it was.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:04 am

Ezac wrote:
[IRW Gannius]

Ezac found a lift without too much trouble. He stepped inside and set off for the first deck.

[IRW Gannius]

Archangel followed the handful of bridge officers already heading up to the warbird's bridge, trying not to let her heart sink further with every step she took toward the command centre. At least I don't have to deal with the Romulans yet, she thought to herself.

[Bridge]

Stepping off the turbolift and on to the bridge, she nodded to the other officers before walking up to the command chair, resting a hand on the back of it. She didn't want to sit in it yet, it didn't feel right.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:24 am

Jiseth wrote:
While Night Owl was somewhat skiddish with a raised eyebrow and Princess was curiously observing which part of the body would be most efficient to strike for an incapacitating effect, which would include death, Jiseth began to slow. Eventually she stopped in the middle of corridor. It was just one of hundreds that made up the labyrinth inside the vessel which made the layout of Federation ships look like a small apartment complex.

Reaching out to the bulkhead on the right side, she ran her hand along it slowly, as if she were petting a large animal. As she looked down the hallway, the scent, the temperature, the lighting, everything, reminded her of how it was on the Khazara. For a brief instant she thought she saw her former crewmates walking by. A scene which occurred thousands of times which seemed mundane and now in her own personal moment was quite precious.

"My lady, if I may inqui-"

"Shhh! Don't disturb this. Just watch and you Ensigns might learn something."

[IRW Gannius]

Persephone could see that Jiseth had some kind of connection to the ship, or perhaps it was simply because she was a Romulan aboard a warbird. Her personnel file has stated that the pilot had formerly served with the Imperial Fleet, so it was very likely that she was more at home on this strange, green vessel than on a Federation craft.

She cleared her throat nervously. "Sorrrrrrrry to interrrrrrupt, but the otherrrrr officerrrrrs have gone to the brrrrridge. Shouldn't we follow?"

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:39 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:


[Airlock]

Gavin's sea-green eyes widened a little bit at Julia's proclamation.  In hindsight, though, he shouldn't have been too surprised.  Unless, of course, it was at the fact that he actually was a lieutenant.  Gavin had pretty much resigned himself to being the fleet's longest-serving ensign.  He wasn't sure if his father had been blocking his promotion requests, or Marius Van Gelder's cronies...either way, Gavin knew that by blowing the assignment with Zero, he'd earned a prominent spot on many high-ranking officials' crap lists.

"Science one, got it," Gavin said, a faint smile touching his lips as he lamented the loss of all the stuff he'd not been allowed to bring on board.



"Hello, T'Lara," Gavin replied, giving the Vulcan woman a little wave.  "I guess we'll be working together to bring this green giant back to the Romulans in one piece."  As the group entered the ship, Gavin once again tried to pick Thelos out of the crowd.  He didn't see his Andorian, but he certainly did see Jiseth, looking rather like a tiger that'd just escaped the zoo.  He supposed that he'd been avoiding her since the incident with her flight crew.  Not out of their usual enmity, though.  This time...well, he just didn't quite know what to say to her, or how to say it.  Something had changed between the two of them, down on that Cardassian planet...but he'd be damned if he knew what it was.

"Yes, we will," T'Lara said. "Have you ever been on a warbird before?" she asked as they continued walking. She had a considerable amount of information about the warbirds, but without Lieutenant Rellek it would be really useful if Gavin had previous experience.

_______________________________
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:56 am

T'Lara wrote:

"Yes, we will," T'Lara said. "Have you ever been on a warbird before?" she asked as they continued walking. She had a considerable amount of information about the warbirds, but without Lieutenant Rellek it would be really useful if Gavin had previous experience.

[IRW Gannius]

"No," Gavin replied, trying to walk and gawk at the same time. "Never stepped foot on one before." He'd been a kid in truth when the war had started, and barely into the Academy at its conclusion. What Gavin lacked in practical experience, though, he had in instant-recall knowledge. "I'm sure that, between the two of us, we can figure it out on the fly. I don't guess you're assigned to anywhere else in particular?" he asked, taking a walk around the Sciences station. God, they didn't leave the damn thing turned on, he irritatedly thought, wondering which button would bring the screen out of its 'sleep' mode.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 am

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Persephone could see that Jiseth had some kind of connection to the ship, or perhaps it was simply because she was a Romulan aboard a warbird.  Her personnel file has stated that the pilot had formerly served with the Imperial Fleet, so it was very likely that she was more at home on this strange, green vessel than on a Federation craft.

She cleared her throat nervously.  "Sorrrrrrrry to interrrrrrupt, but the otherrrrr officerrrrrs have gone to the brrrrridge.  Shouldn't we follow?"

[IRW Gannius]

"Why you little-... I-I apologize, my lady."

Sheerhan had caught the sudden and terrible gaze of his superior, backing away somewhat from the Catian. T'Mir too was more rigid than usual. The two only seemed to ease when Jiseth looked forward again and headed to the nearest lift. They had taken the long way, but exploring the ship would have to wait. She said nothing the whole time. Then again, there was nothing that needed to be.


[Bridge]

Jiseth briskly walked across the command deck and stood next to the forward console. She pointed for M'Rai to take her spot while the other two officers stood adjacent to Jiseth so they could observe as well. Partially to see the helm controls in action, but to also evaluate for themselves the new officer in their midst.

"Couple of things to remember... The bridge is not exposed like Federation or Klingon ships. There's a great deal of armor plating between us and space, along with the symbol of the Empire. Boosts morale to know such a thing protects us. The space outside will fly past a lot faster in turns. Try not to get motion sick from it."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:58 am

Jiseth wrote:
"Why you little-... I-I apologize, my lady."

Sheerhan had caught the sudden and terrible gaze of his superior, backing away somewhat from the Catian. T'Mir too was more rigid than usual. The two only seemed to ease when Jiseth looked forward again and headed to the nearest lift. They had taken the long way, but exploring the ship would have to wait. She said nothing the whole time. Then again, there was nothing that needed to be.


[Bridge]

Jiseth briskly walked across the command deck and stood next to the forward console. She pointed for M'Rai to take her spot while the other two officers stood adjacent to Jiseth so they could observe as well. Partially to see the helm controls in action, but to also evaluate for themselves the new officer in their midst.

"Couple of things to remember... The bridge is not exposed like Federation or Klingon ships. There's a great deal of armor plating between us and space, along with the symbol of the Empire. Boosts morale to know such a thing protects us. The space outside will fly past a lot faster in turns. Try not to get motion sick from it."

[IRW Gannius]

Persephone's ears had immediately flicked back, her tail dropping to between her legs as she sensed the hostility in the officer who had rebuked her, but she managed not to step back. There was a clear hierarchy here, and she intended to make sure that she wasn't turned in to the omega of the squadron.

It was something of a relief to get to the bridge without further incident, although being directed to the helm station over the other two officers made her somewhat nervous. Making an effort not to let her nerves show, the young Caitian took a seat at the console, careful not to sit on her tail, and activated the console, refamiliarising herself with its layout.

"Underrrrrrstood, Lieutenant," she replied evenly to the warning about the visual feeds not being a reliable source of information.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half


Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 378
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 pm

[Starbase Athena - Observation Room]

With the departure of each ship's respective borrowed crews, a sense of waiting silence settled once again onto the Athena. Not that things were every truly quiet on a starbase installation, but...it was almost as if a collective breath had been let out.

And then, just as quickly, that breath was re-taken.

Easy part's done, Stark thought, looking out the viewport at the two ships. Big as the Phoenix was, the warbird dwarfed her...and Nebula was one of Starfleet's largest vessel classes. Ostentatious little pricks. He knew that the monstrous quality of the Romulan warbird was one of the psychological tricks the Roms liked to play on their enemies. Just one of many in that bag.

Speaking of ostentatious prickery, Stark went to the replicator and poured himself another cup of coffee. He wasn't sure when the Romulan CO would be arriving, but he doubted it'd be a long wait. The two ships would be heading at low warp to their destinations, soon. All that would be left to do would be to monitor the progress on the visual feed. Sit and wait while someone else gets to actually go do something, he thought, wondering if they'd at least dust him off for the ribbon-pinning.

_______________________________

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
[Starbase Athena - Observation Room]

With the departure of each ship's respective borrowed crews, a sense of waiting silence settled once again onto the Athena.  Not that things were every truly quiet on a starbase installation, but...it was almost as if a collective breath had been let out.

And then, just as quickly, that breath was re-taken.

Easy part's done, Stark thought, looking out the viewport at the two ships.  Big as the Phoenix was, the warbird dwarfed her...and Nebula was one of Starfleet's largest vessel classes.  Ostentatious little pricks.  He knew that the monstrous quality of the Romulan warbird was one of the psychological tricks the Roms liked to play on their enemies.  Just one of many in that bag.

Speaking of ostentatious prickery, Stark went to the replicator and poured himself another cup of coffee.  He wasn't sure when the Romulan CO would be arriving, but he doubted it'd be a long wait.  The two ships would be heading at low warp to their destinations, soon.  All that would be left to do would be to monitor the progress on the visual feed.  Sit and wait while someone else gets to actually go do something, he thought, wondering if they'd at least dust him off for the ribbon-pinning.


Commander S'Tal N'Vek

[Starbase Athena - Observation Room]

Having seen his crew onto the Federation ship, Commander N'Vek made his way up to the observation room where he and the Phoenix's commanding officer, Rear Admiral Stark, would be keeping close eyes on both of the crews and ships. They would both be on subspace communications to their respective crews in order to render assistance where necessary, but he assumed that it would be bad form to transmit any tactical data.

When he stepped inside, he found that the Admiral was already there, sipping one of those foul human caffeinated concoctions. He inclined his head to the other man, getting himself a glass of water from the replicator before he finally addressed him.

"I trust that your crew is aboard my ship?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Today at 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: