Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:00 pm

NPC wrote:

Having seen his crew onto the Federation ship, Commander N'Vek made his way up to the observation room where he and the Phoenix's commanding officer, Rear Admiral Stark, would be keeping close eyes on both of the crews and ships.  They would both be on subspace communications to their respective crews in order to render assistance where necessary, but he assumed that it would be bad form to transmit any tactical data.

When he stepped inside, he found that the Admiral was already there, sipping one of those foul human caffeinated concoctions.  He inclined his head to the other man, getting himself a glass of water from the replicator before he finally addressed him.

"I trust that your crew is aboard my ship?"

[Athena - Observation Room]

Corman would have noted that the Romulan was ahead of schedule, but then again there hadn't been any set time for him to show up. Take your sweet time, he thought, smiling inwardly as N'Vek very deliberately created a glass of what he assumed was water. Just another gamepiece on his board.

Unlike many he knew, Stark didn't really have a problem with Romulans. Oh, he didn't trust them - he wasn't a total fool - but he respected their tenacity. Granted, he sometimes fell into the same prejudices. Some of that, however, might just be gleaned via osmosis from his close ties with the Klingon Empire.

"They are," Stark nodded, taking a steady sip of his coffee. If N'Vek wanted to play the 'you don't make me uncomfortable' game with the Romulan, then Stark would oblige. "Your accommodations here on the Athena suitable?"

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
Corman would have noted that the Romulan was ahead of schedule, but then again there hadn't been any set time for him to show up.  Take your sweet time, he thought, smiling inwardly as N'Vek very deliberately created a glass of what he assumed was water.  Just another gamepiece on his board.

Unlike many he knew, Stark didn't really have a problem with Romulans.  Oh, he didn't trust them - he wasn't a total fool - but he respected their tenacity.  Granted, he sometimes fell into the same prejudices.  Some of that, however, might just be gleaned via osmosis from his close ties with the Klingon Empire.  

"They are," Stark nodded, taking a steady sip of his coffee.  If N'Vek wanted to play the 'you don't make me uncomfortable' game with the Romulan, then Stark would oblige.  "Your accommodations here on the Athena suitable?"

Commander S'Tal N'Vek

[Starbase Athena - Observation Room]

Commander N'Vek stood next to the human admiral, but shoulder to shoulder, a pace or so apart. He didn't look at his counterpart, preferring to look out of the viewport at the stars beyond the base. He would much rather his superiors had sent a different ship to participate in this diplomatic charade. He had other things he was supposed to be doing.

"They are adequate," he replied to the query about his quarters. In truth, they were far larger and better furnished than his own on the Gannius, but he wasn't about to admit that to this Federation lapdog. "This should prove to be a most... interesting exercise."

Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[IRW Gannius]

"No," Gavin replied, trying to walk and gawk at the same time.  "Never stepped foot on one before."  He'd been a kid in truth when the war had started, and barely into the Academy at its conclusion.  What Gavin lacked in practical experience, though, he had in instant-recall knowledge.  "I'm sure that, between the two of us, we can figure it out on the fly.  I don't guess you're assigned to anywhere else in particular?" he asked, taking a walk around the Sciences station.  God, they didn't leave the damn thing turned on, he irritatedly thought, wondering which button would bring the screen out of its 'sleep' mode.

[IRW Gannius]

T'Lara listened to Gavin as they walked around the warbird.

"I was assigned to Science Two," she said. "Yes, I'm sure we will be able to operate the warbird successfully." T'Lara knew they would be able to do it with hard work, a little patience, and the information she had gathered the night before. Setting down her stack of PADDs, she walked around the station, comparing the controls with the picture in her mind that she had in her memory. Stepping up to a control panel she pointed at a button to the far right that looked very similar to the other buttons.

"I believe this will activate the console." Feeling confident in her decision, she pressed the button and the screen lit up. T'Lara looked at Gavin. "It seems that I learned a few things last night with Lieutenant Rellek," she said. She gestured to the PADDs. "If you would like to look at the files on the warbird, feel free to do so."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:39 pm

T'Lara wrote:

T'Lara listened to Gavin as they walked around the warbird.

"I was assigned to Science Two," she said. "Yes, I'm sure we will be able to operate the warbird successfully." T'Lara knew they would be able to do it with hard work, a little patience, and the information she had gathered the night before. Setting down her stack of PADDs, she walked around the station, comparing the controls with the picture in her mind that she had in her memory. Stepping up to a control panel she pointed at a button to the far right that looked very similar to the other buttons.

"I believe this will activate the console." Feeling confident in her decision, she pressed the button and the screen lit up. T'Lara looked at Gavin. "It seems that I learned a few things last night with Lieutenant Rellek," she said. She gestured to the PADDs. "If you would like to look at the files on the warbird, feel free to do so."

[Gannius - Bridge]

Frowning slightly, Gavin mentally sighed as the Sciences console flared to life. "I suppose it does activate it at that," he muttered. "Just didnt' want to, y'know, accidentally start firing blank warheads. Those things are probably counted and have a points value and...yeah," he said, flopping into the gunmetal grey chair. Come to think of it, most things on the bridge were grey, or greyish-green, or greyish-brown, or some variation thereof. Not big on aesthetics, these Romulans, Gavin thought. Then again, that should be intuitively obvious to anyone who had ever seen their uniforms.

Gavin picked up the offered padd, nodding in thanks. "I'll look, but I doubt we'll have much time. I wish they'd offered us the chance for some chemical-enhanced speed-learning. It'd be a whole lot faster to just talk to the computers in Rihan, rather than using the UT as a buffer." Shrugging, Gavin cracked his knuckles and started studying the console.

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Gannius - Bridge]

Frowning slightly, Gavin mentally sighed as the Sciences console flared to life.  "I suppose it does activate it at that," he muttered.  "Just didnt' want to, y'know, accidentally start firing blank warheads.  Those things are probably counted and have a points value and...yeah," he said, flopping into the gunmetal grey chair.  Come to think of it, most things on the bridge were grey, or greyish-green, or greyish-brown, or some variation thereof.  Not big on aesthetics, these Romulans, Gavin thought.  Then again, that should be intuitively obvious to anyone who had ever seen their uniforms.

Gavin picked up the offered padd, nodding in thanks.  "I'll look, but I doubt we'll have much time.

T'Lara noticed Gavin's dejected tone. She hadn't intended to make him feel that way. "Yes, it is good to be cautious in these matters," she said.

Quote :
 I wish they'd offered us the chance for some chemical-enhanced speed-learning.  It'd be a whole lot faster to just talk to the computers in Rihan, rather than using the UT as a buffer."  Shrugging, Gavin cracked his knuckles and started studying the console.

As he looked at the PADD, T'Lara almost wished he'd been included in the briefing she'd had with Julia. He certainly would have benefited more from it than her. The young man seemed rather impatient. As it happened, T'Lara had an abundance of patience.

"I am not sure that is the purpose of the exercise," she explained. "I would imagine the Romulans are having just as hard a time with our systems."

What Gavin was suggesting sounded like cheating to T'Lara. Even though using chemical-enhanced learning might seem like a harmless thing, she was pretty much certain that the strict rules of the exercise wouldn't allow such a thing.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:11 am

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Persephone's ears had immediately flicked back, her tail dropping to between her legs as she sensed the hostility in the officer who had rebuked her, but she managed not to step back.  There was a clear hierarchy here, and she intended to make sure that she wasn't turned in to the omega of the squadron.

It was something of a relief to get to the bridge without further incident, although being directed to the helm station over the other two officers made her somewhat nervous.  Making an effort not to let her nerves show, the young Caitian took a seat at the console, careful not to sit on her tail, and activated the console, refamiliarising herself with its layout.

"Underrrrrrstood, Lieutenant," she replied evenly to the warning about the visual feeds not being a reliable source of information.

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Turning toward the Captain, Jiseth took note of her opposite's apprehension about sitting in the big chair. She could have sworn this would be an opportunity for T'Koris to ease herself into her people's ways, but the opposite seemed to be the case. She was half human after all. Suddenly she recalled that she herself was the only pure blood Romulan around.

"Sir, helm is ready. We might have a trick or two up our sleeve for this encounter."

Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:09 am

Jiseth wrote:
Turning toward the Captain, Jiseth took note of her opposite's apprehension about sitting in the big chair. She could have sworn this would be an opportunity for T'Koris to ease herself into her people's ways, but the opposite seemed to be the case. She was half human after all. Suddenly she recalled that she herself was the only pure blood Romulan around.

"Sir, helm is ready. We might have a trick or two up our sleeve for this encounter."

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Catching Jiseth's eye, Archangel let out a quiet sigh.  It was time she sucked it up and let go of her hesitation around her own kind.  Despite what her father, Alidar and the Tal Shiar had put her through, she had a job to do here, and this wariness was just going to get in the way.

With a determined air, she took her seat and crossed her legs at the knee.  Looking at the panel to her left, she found a command for a ship-wide communication.

"This is the bridge to all departments, we are preparing to leave dock.  Prepare for departure." Turning to look at the security station, she raised one eyebrow slightly. "Ezac, do you think you can get the hang of the console before we need to start fighting?"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:10 am

"And they're off," Stark quietly said, settling into a chair as the computer screen gave confirmation of the warbird and Phoenix's prep for departures. He wondered if the Roms were having as awkward of a time in dealing with Federation tech as he was sure the Phoenix crew was. Probably so. Hopefully so, he thought, turning from the screen to the other occupant of the room.

"Please, have a seat, Commander. This isn't going to be over in a wink, so we may as well settle in and make ourselves comfortable." First pull that iron ramrod out of your ass. "Is this your first time in Federation space?" That you've been visible for, of course, Stark thought, taking another drink of coffee. "Or were you with one of the task forces during the war?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:08 am

Corman Stark wrote:

"And they're off," Stark quietly said, settling into a chair as the computer screen gave confirmation of the warbird and Phoenix's prep for departures.  He wondered if the Roms were having as awkward of a time in dealing with Federation tech as he was sure the Phoenix crew was.  Probably so.  Hopefully so, he thought, turning from the screen to the other occupant of the room.

"Please, have a seat, Commander.  This isn't going to be over in a wink, so we may as well settle in and make ourselves comfortable."  First pull that iron ramrod out of your ass.  "Is this your first time in Federation space?" That you've been visible for, of course, Stark thought, taking another drink of coffee.  "Or were you with one of the task forces during the war?"

The Admiral was right about one thing: This fight wasn't going to be over in a matter of minutes. Given the restrictions placed on their warp travel, it was going to take them five hours to get to the agreed battle zone alone.

Without changing the expression on his face, he sat down in one of the chairs at the table. He didn't relax his position, however, keeping a straight back and resting his elbows on the armrests, pressing his fingertips together.

"I was sub-commander on the Gannius during the war," he replied. "I was part of several campaigns that were flown in Federation space."

Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:21 am

NPC wrote:

The Admiral was right about one thing:  This fight wasn't going to be over in a matter of minutes.  Given the restrictions placed on their warp travel, it was going to take them five hours to get to the agreed battle zone alone.

Without changing the expression on his face, he sat down in one of the chairs at the table.  He didn't relax his position, however, keeping a straight back and resting his elbows on the armrests, pressing his fingertips together.

"I was sub-commander on the Gannius during the war," he replied.  "I was part of several campaigns that were flown in Federation space."

Nodding, Stark leaned back in his chair a little bit. One might assume that he was deliberately taking a more relaxed stance in contrast of his marbleized counterpart, and that wouldn't be entirely wrong. Mostly, though, he just wanted to get more comfortable. It was going to be too damn long a day to sit at parade rest.

"Federation space, Cardassian space, Klingon space, even Romulan space...hell of a way to tour the quadrants," he grinned, shaking his head. "I spent most of the war with Task Force Five, leading a division of it in the latter days. Of course," he said, gesturing around him, "the much-reduced remnant of TF5 is headquartered here at Athena, though we've given it the sunshaine-and-butterflies name of 'Aurora Fleet'."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

When Kaitlin hugged her, Ilana stiffened, tensing up drastically at the unwanted contact, not to mention the fact that it meant that the young woman brushed against her injured hip.  She stifled a yelp and pulled away.  People touching her was definitely not high up on the list of things she liked, especially people she hadn't noticed for a significant amount of time.

"I th-th-th-thought y-y-you m-might w-want t-t-to t-talk t-t-to s-s-someone," she replied quietly once Kaitlin had finally let her go.  "I kn-kn-know I d-d-did wh-when I w-w-was r-relieved of d-d-duty b-b-because of m-m-my v-voice.  I, uh, th-thought w-w-we c-c-could g-go f-f-for a w-walk along th-th-the p-p-promenade?  I'm s-s-supposed t-t-to t-take g-g-gentle exercise t-t-to h-h-help m-m-my h-hip and th-th-thought y-you m-m-might l-like t-t-to j-j-j-join m-m-me."

"I'd like that, it'd give me a chance to have a rest and stop thinking about the nightmare that just came across me." Kaitlin walked out of the room. "why did you get relieved off duty because of your voice?! It's fine!"

Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:54 am

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:
"I'd like that, it'd give me a chance to have a rest and stop thinking about the nightmare that just came across me." Kaitlin walked out of the room. "why did you get relieved off duty because of your voice?! It's fine!"

[Starbase Athena]

As they started to walk along the starbase corridors, Ilana gave the other woman a slightly pained smile. "N-n-now, it is, b-b-b-but th-th-that's b-because of th-th-this," she replied, gesturing to a thin black wire, partially camouflaged against her short black hair, that had been implanted from just above her ear and ran to the indentation between the muscles of her neck and her oesophagus. "A wh-wh-while b-b-back, I h-h-had an... accident, and w-w-was r-r-rendered effectively m-m-mute. A m-m-medic th-that c-c-can't s-s-speak isn't m-m-much use. Th-th-thankfully, Admiral D-D-Deacon p-p-put m-m-me on a p-p-personal r-r-research p-p-project in order t-t-to f-f-find a f-f-fix."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:56 am

[IRW Gannius - Main Engineering]

What an ugly ship, Gabriel thought, as he and Leela stepped out of the transportation tube and into Engineering. They were in the forward section of the warbird, which was somewhat of a departure from the norm of Starfleet vessels. He'd never been impressed by Romulan ships, and touring the guts of this one in particular wasn't doing much to improve his admittedly-myopic outlook.

"Well, here we are," he said to Kaz, as they moved toward the black-ribbed, upright engine core. "Never would have thought to put the engines so close to the bridge, but, then again...there's no need to worry about safety if there's a failure. At least everyone dies together. Egalitarian, ain't it?"

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Nodding, Stark leaned back in his chair a little bit.  One might assume that he was deliberately taking a more relaxed stance in contrast of his marbleized counterpart, and that wouldn't be entirely wrong.  Mostly, though, he just wanted to get more comfortable.  It was going to be too damn long a day to sit at parade rest.

"Federation space, Cardassian space, Klingon space, even Romulan space...hell of a way to tour the quadrants," he grinned, shaking his head.  "I spent most of the war with Task Force Five, leading a division of it in the latter days.  Of course," he said, gesturing around him, "the much-reduced remnant of TF5 is headquartered here at Athena, though we've given it the sunshaine-and-butterflies name of 'Aurora Fleet'."

Although Commander N'Vek had served several campaigns during the Dominion War, he didn't particularly want to give that information to the Admiral sitting with him. One could never be too sure exactly what the Federation officers knew about what the Romulans had done during the war. They had flown several campaigns that hadn't been made common knowledge.

"I don't understand the human need to give their Fleet's such names," he stated. "They're hardly useful."

Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:52 pm

NPC wrote:

Although Commander N'Vek had served several campaigns during the Dominion War, he didn't particularly want to give that information to the Admiral sitting with him.  One could never be too sure exactly what the Federation officers knew about what the Romulans had done during the war.  They had flown several campaigns that hadn't been made common knowledge.

"I don't understand the human need to give their Fleet's such names," he stated.  "They're hardly useful."

Stark shrugged, smiling inwardly as he drank a bit more coffee. "Perhaps, perhaps not. They serve their purpose, be it a wartime designation or a peaceful one. People like to feel that they're a part of something, and having a common name is good for morale. Which is helpful, when you're dealing with a coalition of hundreds of worlds, cultures, mores, and expectations." Not that you have to worry about that, since the Star Empire beats their subordinates into submission.

He glanced out the viewport, and then back to the table readout. "It'll be interesting to see what tricks our crews can come up with. The Federation did a lot of growing up during the war...almost as if the Cardies and the Borg were the first gusts of the wind of change. Of course, we pointedly ignored them."

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
Stark shrugged, smiling inwardly as he drank a bit more coffee.  "Perhaps, perhaps not.  They serve their purpose, be it a wartime designation or a peaceful one.  People like to feel that they're a part of something, and having a common name is good for morale.  Which is helpful, when you're dealing with a coalition of hundreds of worlds, cultures, mores, and expectations."  Not that you have to worry about that, since the Star Empire beats their subordinates into submission.

He glanced out the viewport, and then back to the table readout.  "It'll be interesting to see what tricks our crews can come up with.  The Federation did a lot of growing up during the war...almost as if the Cardies and the Borg were the first gusts of the wind of change.  Of course, we pointedly ignored them."  

[Commander S'Tal N'Vek]

The Commander wanted to snort in derision about the Admiral's remark concerning a fleet name being good for moral. He had never been aware of the need for such things in the Imperial Fleet. The fact that a Romulan in the fleet was doing his duty for his Empire was morale boosting enough.

He was more interested when the discussion turned toward possible tricks that their respective crews could put in to use during the exercise.

"I am confident in my crew's ability to use your vessel to its best use," he said, almost dismissive.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:15 pm

[IRW Gannius- Science Station]

T'Lara continued to explore the science console. Before she really got into the "meat" of things, she decided to check one of her personal PADDs, one that she decided to take with her that included files from her years on Vulcan and an inbox for subspace messages from her family. None of the information on that PADD had anything to do with Starfleet. She was looking at a picture when suddenly she was alerted of the arrival of a subspace message. It wasn't a recording, instead it was written in the form of a letter. Making sure that Gavin didn't notice, she quickly read it and her eyes grew wide in shock. Regaining her composure, she clutched the PADD to her chest and turned to face Gavin.

"If you will excuse me, I have...something to attend to," she said awkwardly. Then without another word, she walked away.

[IRW Gannius- Bridge]

Normally T'Lara would have gone to Lieutenant Rellek, who was acting as first officer for this exercise. But at the moment she didn't know where Julia was, and she really needed to speak to someone before the war games started. Calmly, she entered the main bridge area and walked up to the command chair. Mustering up her courage, she looked to Archangel.

"Commander?" she attempted to get her attention.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:35 pm

T'Lara wrote:
Normally T'Lara would have gone to Lieutenant Rellek, who was acting as first officer for this exercise. But at the moment she didn't know where Julia was, and she really needed to speak to someone before the war games started. Calmly, she entered the main bridge area and walked up to the command chair. Mustering up her courage, she looked to Archangel.

"Commander?" she attempted to get her attention.

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Hearing someone addressing her, Archangel looked up to see one of the science crewmen standing close by, apparently with something on her mind given the faintly troubled expression and the way she held a Federation PADD to her chest. A personal use one, even though that still caused the young commanding officer to narrow her eyes slightly.

"What can I do for you, T'Lara?" she asked, her tone gently curious.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Hearing someone addressing her, Archangel looked up to see one of the science crewmen standing close by, apparently with something on her mind given the faintly troubled expression and the way she held a Federation PADD to her chest.  A personal use one, even though that still caused the young commanding officer to narrow her eyes slightly.

"What can I do for you, T'Lara?" she asked, her tone gently curious.

[IRW Gannius- Bridge]

"Could we speak in private?" she asked. She really didn't want to do this, but the matter could not wait.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 pm

T'Lara wrote:
"Could we speak in private?" she asked. She really didn't want to do this, but the matter could not wait.

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Private. Private. Where on this ship could she find somewhere private? Archangel thought for a moment. The commander of the ship didn't have a ready room on this class, but from what she had read on the schematics, there was a briefing room of sorts off the bridge.

Gesturing toward it, she stood up and headed through the door, expecting T'Lara to follow her. Once the door had closed behind them, Archangel turned to the half-Vulcan.

"What's wrong, T'Lara?" she asked softly, finding it difficult to turn off the mothering instinct.

Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Private.  Private.  Where on this ship could she find somewhere private?  Archangel thought for a moment.  The commander of the ship didn't have a ready room on this class, but from what she had read on the schematics, there was a briefing room of sorts off the bridge.

Gesturing toward it, she stood up and headed through the door, expecting T'Lara to follow her.  Once the door had closed behind them, Archangel turned to the half-Vulcan.

"What's wrong, T'Lara?" she asked softly, finding it difficult to turn off the mothering instinct.

"There is nothing wrong with me," T'Lara began. "But it is a matter of importance involving me. I must ask for your permission to be relieved of duty so I can go to the station and find a way to travel to...Vulcan."
The news she had received was completely unexpected, otherwise she would never have left the starbase in the first place. While she waited for Archangel's answer, all she could think of was how much time would be lost before she could get to Vulcan, all because she had decided to join Starfleet. The thought almost made her regret her decision to enlist.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:17 pm

T'Lara wrote:
"There is nothing wrong with me," T'Lara began. "But it is a matter of importance involving me. I must ask for your permission to be relieved of duty so I can go to the station and find a way to travel to...Vulcan."
The news she had received was completely unexpected, otherwise she would never have left the starbase in the first place. While she waited for Archangel's answer, all she could think of was how much time would be lost before she could get to Vulcan, all because she had decided to join Starfleet. The thought almost made her regret her decision to enlist.

[IRW Gannius - Briefing Room]

For a moment, Archangel observed the young Vulcan. It was strange. By Vulcanoid standards, both of them were considered to be so very young. As the commanding officer, Archangel could order a reason from T'Lara for this unexpected and sudden request for a leave of absence. However, she also knew about Vulcan sense of dedication to duty and need for privacy.

Archangel nodded shortly. "The ship's still docked, but you'll need to get off as soon as possible. We're due to depart in a couple of minutes."

Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[IRW Gannius - Briefing Room]

For a moment, Archangel observed the young Vulcan.  It was strange.  By Vulcanoid standards, both of them were considered to be so very young.  As the commanding officer, Archangel could order a reason from T'Lara for this unexpected and sudden request for a leave of absence.  However, she also knew about Vulcan sense of dedication to duty and need for privacy.  

Archangel nodded shortly.  "The ship's still docked, but you'll need to get off as soon as possible.  We're due to depart in a couple of minutes."

[IRW Gannius- Briefing Room]

T'Lara nodded back. "Understood. And...thank you, Commander." T'Lara appreciated the fact that Archangel hadn't asked for her to give a reason for her leaving. Not only was the reason private for Vulcans, it also couldn't be explained without some kind of emotional response. She turned and left the briefing room, walked out of the bridge and to the nearest turbolift where she then retraced her steps to the airlock.

[Starbase Athena- Promenade]

Once back on Starbase Athena, T'Lara found a somewhat secluded place in the Promenade and sat down to read the message on the PADD again. She typed up a quick response. It would be too difficult to try and have a live conversation with her father, so she would have to simply inform him that she was coming as soon as possible. The words ran through her head in a continuous loop. Your mother has passed away...your mother has passed away... Somehow the euphemism didn't help at all. Technically she hadn't passed yet, only her body. But her mind and soul still remained. And if T'Lara didn't get to Vulcan soon, her Katra may not be passed into the Hall of Ancient Thought.

Standing, she began searching for transport off the station. With all the transportation that happened in and among the starbase, she was sure to find someone who could help her...

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:29 am

[IRW Gannius - Bridge]

Julia took a moment to look over the bridge crew as they familiarized themselves with their temporary stations. She took stance at her station behind the Captains chair. She found the bridge layout to be odd. One seat in the middle of the room, designed for the commanding officer. It forced everyone to look to the commanding officer, certainly it was meant as some type of authoritarian move. Given that her commanding officer was Romulan she elected not to comment.

She glanced at the control console in front of her. All of the ships systems were at her fingertips. Displays lit up with the status of the various systems throughout the vessel. She squinted as if it would help her read the console better. "Captain, I think all systems are a go and operating withing designated parameters. We should be all set upon your orders." She glanced over her shoulder. "Are you doing okay with that console Lieutenant Van Gelder?

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:42 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

What an ugly ship, Gabriel thought, as he and Leela stepped out of the transportation tube and into Engineering.  They were in the forward section of the warbird, which was somewhat of a departure from the norm of Starfleet vessels.  He'd never been impressed by Romulan ships, and touring the guts of this one in particular wasn't doing much to improve his admittedly-myopic outlook.  

"Well, here we are," he said to Kaz, as they moved toward the black-ribbed, upright engine core.  "Never would have thought to put the engines so close to the bridge, but, then again...there's no need to worry about safety if there's a failure.  At least everyone dies together.  Egalitarian, ain't it?"

A laugh escaped from the Trill. "Well at least those bridge officer may finally learn what its like to be in the kitchen with the oven turned up to oh shit."

She glanced around the room and took in the sight of the Engineering team trying to work their way through this alien vessel. As her eyes moved through each section of the room a small box caught her eye. Her face seemed to light up in that moment as she slapped the back of her hand to Gabe's elbow. "I think that's it..." She ran over to the panel in the wall. It seemed harmless enough but within that panel was the ability to destroy the entire vessel with a single mis calculation. She slowly opened the door and revealed a rainbow of colors. For such a small space the contents inside seemed infinite. "Gabe. It's beautiful!" She whispered.

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Today at 6:52 am

Back to top Go down

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: