Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:02 pm

[Starbase Athena - Promenade Sector]

Gavin wandered the halls of Athena, alternately looking for someone and hoping to avoid someone else for as long as possible. The former, of course, was Thelos. The couple had been enjoying some shore leave during a layover of the Phoenix, and the concept of 'time off' was a rare and precious gift for a Starfleet officer.

The latter, though...well. None other than Dr. Marius Van Gelder was supposed to be coming aboard the station at any time now. Starfleet Medical had been initiating the first round of talks with officials from the Romulan Empire's Academy of Medicine, and who else but Dr. Van Gelder was in the vanguard of it all? Sighing, Gavin fought down the sense of irritation that rose every time he thought about the universe's sick sense of humor - that same sense that must have thought it'd be hilarious to plop his father down right into the middle of his and Thelos' vacation time.

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:02 pm

[Starbase Athena - Promenade]

Leave was rather like a firework-- seldom used, flashy, and over far too soon. Thus, it was usually practice for Starfleet personnel to enjoy their precious leave as much as physically possible while it lasted. For Thelos, than meant spending a good chunk of his time on the Athena with his -newly promoted!- partner. At the moment, he seemed to be unable to find him, however.

Maybe that was because he was spending too much time looking around at all the different things on the promenade. Sometimes there were stalls, shops... and even the potted plants were interesting. That was something few people understood-- the Andorian interest in foliage. It was just what came of growing up on a planet with minimal to no vegetation. He'd lived underground most of the year back on Andoria.

Ah, there was Gavin. A smile spread across Thelos's blue face as he made a quick dart across the promenade-- narrowly avoiding knocking over a disgruntled looking Bolian security officer.

"Ah, there you are!" he said brightly once within earshot. "I got a bit distracted."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Ah, there was Gavin. A smile spread across Thelos's blue face as he made a quick dart across the promenade-- narrowly avoiding knocking over a disgruntled looking Bolian security officer.

"Ah, there you are!" he said brightly once within earshot. "I got a bit distracted."

Turning his head toward the recognized voice, Gavin returned Thelos' smile, wondering if the latter had pointedly ignored or was just being a good sport about the rather nasty thing that Bolian had called him. Never seen a Bolian in such a bad mood before, he mused, quickly banishing the officer from his thoughts and replacing him with another blue person.

"Hello, zletha," he answered, gently cupping the man's face in his hands and kissing him. "Distracted by what? Sitting and daydreaming in the arboretum again?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Turning his head toward the recognized voice, Gavin returned Thelos' smile, wondering if the latter had pointedly ignored or was just being a good sport about the rather nasty thing that Bolian had called him.  Never seen a Bolian in such a bad mood before, he mused, quickly banishing the officer from his thoughts and replacing him with another blue person.

"Hello, zletha," he answered, gently cupping the man's face in his hands and kissing him.  "Distracted by what?  Sitting and daydreaming in the arboretum again?"

Flower. Gavin's new nickname for him may not have been extremely accurate, but it was as endearing as hearing Gavin trying to pronounce the Andorian words properly. He did a good job of it too, he thought fondly. His pleased expression that had accompanied Gavin's kiss turned into an 'well, I'm caught' look as Gavin pinned down exactly what his 'distraction' had been.

Thelos's cheeks took on a dusting of purple. "You know me far too well," the Andorian admonished lightly, then smiled sheepishly. "You really should join me more often. It's quite a lovely place to be."

He had a question to ask Gavin, but he wasn't sure how to word it in human vernacular.

"What would you think about... acquiring a small animal? I promise that this would not be... well, that it wouldn't be dinner. Quite a few earth creatures seem rather adorable, and I'd like to have one."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Flower. Gavin's new nickname for him may not have been extremely accurate, but it was as endearing as hearing Gavin trying to pronounce the Andorian words properly. He did a good job of it too, he thought fondly. His pleased expression that had accompanied Gavin's kiss turned into an 'well, I'm caught' look as Gavin pinned down exactly what his 'distraction' had been.

Thelos's cheeks took on a dusting of purple. "You know me far too well," the Andorian admonished lightly, then smiled sheepishly. "You really should join me more often. It's quite a lovely place to be."

He had a question to ask Gavin, but he wasn't sure how to word it in human vernacular.

"What would you think about... acquiring a small animal? I promise that this would not be... well, that it wouldn't be dinner. Quite a few earth creatures seem rather adorable, and I'd like to have one."

Gavin grinned boyishly at Thelos' face as the Andorian realized his new nickname. Andorii was a rather complex language, but the script was flowingly beautiful. There were few things Gavin liked more than a mental challenge, and learning his lover's native tongue was definitely that. Now, the *literal* tongue...that's been nothing but enjoyment, he thought, redoubling his grin efforts.

"You want to...get a pet?" Gavin asked, slipping his hand into Thelos' as they walked. "That's fine, of course, and we generally don't have to preface our desire for a pet with the disclaimer that we will not eat said pet." He poked his tongue at the Andorian. "What kind of pet did you have in mind?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin grinned boyishly at Thelos' face as the Andorian realized his new nickname.  Andorii was a rather complex language, but the script was flowingly beautiful.  There were few things Gavin liked more than a mental challenge, and learning his lover's native tongue was definitely that.  Now, the *literal* tongue...that's been nothing but enjoyment, he thought, redoubling his grin efforts.

"You want to...get a pet?" Gavin asked, slipping his hand into Thelos' as they walked.  "That's fine, of course, and we generally don't have to preface our desire for a pet with the disclaimer that we will not eat said pet."  He poked his tongue at the Andorian.  "What kind of pet did you have in mind?"

Thelos's blue hand kept a solid grip on Gavin's as they walked along. He was still listening to Gavin, but he couldn't help himself from letting his eyes wander around and keep looking at the potted plants and the people and everything else. He was probably too curious, but he certainly wasn't so distracted that he hadn't heard Gavin's light jab at his choice of words.

"Oh, yes... but you forget-- Andorians don't... well, we simply don't keep animals as pets. I usually assume that most other people are like that as well, but then get reminded later," he said with a light prod to Gavin's side.

"I wish... for a chinchilla. I saw a plethora of pictures and information in the database, and I think I would really like to have one."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos's blue hand kept a solid grip on Gavin's as they walked along. He was still listening to Gavin, but he couldn't help himself from letting his eyes wander around and keep looking at the potted plants and the people and everything else. He was probably too curious, but he certainly wasn't so distracted that he hadn't heard Gavin's light jab at his choice of words.

"Oh, yes... but you forget-- Andorians don't... well, we simply don't keep animals as pets. I usually assume that most other people are like that as well, but then get reminded later," he said with a light prod to Gavin's side.

"I wish... for a chinchilla. I saw a plethora of pictures and information in the database, and I think I would really like to have one."

Gavin gave a little oof sound as Thelos elbowed him. He gave his boyfriend a little elbow back. "Chinchilla! Those little guys are adorable! What kind of a pet setup would you require for that?"

They had stopped somewhere in the middle of the Promenade area, not far from the Bajoran restaurant, the smells from it making Gavin's stomach rumble. He'd skipped lunch, and Bajoran was his very favorite. "Speaking of eating...and not of the rodent kind...shall we?" he asked, gesturing toward the tables.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin gave a little oof sound as Thelos elbowed him.  He gave his boyfriend a little elbow back.  "Chinchilla!  Those little guys are adorable!  What kind of a pet setup would you require for that?"  

They had stopped somewhere in the middle of the Promenade area, not far from the Bajoran restaurant, the smells from it making Gavin's stomach rumble.  He'd skipped lunch, and Bajoran was his very favorite.  "Speaking of eating...and not of the rodent kind...shall we?" he asked, gesturing toward the tables.  

Thelos was very pleased. Gavin seemed to be rather open to the pet idea he'd had. He could practically imagine the little grey fluffy thing in their quarters already. He was going to answer his question about housing requirements when he thought better of it.

"I'll tell you over lunch, mm?" he said, allowing himself to be led to this Bajoran restaurant. It wasn't somewhere he'd been before, but he was pretty hungry, anyway.

"I'm afraid I'm not quite familiar with Bajoran food. Any recommendations come to mind?" he queried.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:11 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos was very pleased. Gavin seemed to be rather open to the pet idea he'd had. He could practically imagine the little grey fluffy thing in their quarters already. He was going to answer his question about housing requirements when he thought better of it.

"I'll tell you over lunch, mm?" he said, allowing himself to be led to this Bajoran restaurant. It wasn't somewhere he'd been before, but he was pretty hungry, anyway.

"I'm afraid I'm not quite familiar with Bajoran food. Any recommendations come to mind?" he queried.

Rolling his eyes, Gavin led Thelos by the crook of the arm into the seating area. "I know you're not familiar with Bajoran, because so far all you've been able to do is listen to me extol the virtues of it...but you've never actually sat down and had any with me!" Gavin idly scrolled through the menu screen, already knowing what he wanted.

"Hasperat is the most well-known Bajoran export, I should think," he said, cocking his head and giving Thelos a considering look. "Though, it is spicy. And I wouldn't want to melt that beautiful blue face," he teased, lightly touching the Andorian's cheek. "The shrimp are always quite exquisite, though if you're looking for something heartier, go with the grolanda stew with mapa bread." Gavin keyed in his own order for decapus salad and a moba juice. He'd have loved some spring wine, but...well, it wouldn't be the real thing. That, he'd probably have to get from Rama.

"Sooo...what made you decide that you wanted a pet?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Rolling his eyes, Gavin led Thelos by the crook of the arm into the seating area.  "I know you're not familiar with Bajoran, because so far all you've been able to do is listen to me extol the virtues of it...but you've never actually sat down and had any with me!"  Gavin idly scrolled through the menu screen, already knowing what he wanted.  

"Hasperat is the most well-known Bajoran export, I should think," he said, cocking his head and giving Thelos a considering look.  "Though, it is spicy.  And I wouldn't want to melt that beautiful blue face," he teased, lightly touching the Andorian's cheek.  "The shrimp are always quite exquisite, though if you're looking for something heartier, go with the grolanda stew with mapa bread."  Gavin keyed in his own order for decapus salad and a moba juice.  He'd have loved some spring wine, but...well, it wouldn't be the real thing.  That, he'd probably have to get from Rama.

"Sooo...what made you decide that you wanted a pet?"

Well, you're certainly not wrong, Thelos thought to himself. Most of the reason he hadn't gone with Gavin for Bajoran food was simply because neither he nor Gavin had much time for such things. Especially Thelos. Being a doctor on the ship they were stationed on meant near round-the-clock duty, and usually only quickly grabbing food and darting out the door.

But for now, there was none of that, and he could actually try some. "I'll.. avoid such a face-melting," he assured Gavin, grinning into the hand touching his face for a moment. "I will, however, try that stew you mentioned..." Thelos punched in his own order, then considered Gavin's questions about pets.

"I'll admit it, at first I wanted a pet because I wanted a little companion while you were teaching at the Academy, but even when you returned I found I still wanted to see what all the human fuss was about pets," he explained. Silly pinkskins, he could picture one of his mothers saying. Ridiculously sentimental about things that have no value. He'd always thought there was a little more to it than that.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Well, you're certainly not wrong, Thelos thought to himself. Most of the reason he hadn't gone with Gavin for Bajoran food was simply because neither he nor Gavin had much time for such things. Especially Thelos. Being a doctor on the ship they were stationed on meant near round-the-clock duty, and usually only quickly grabbing food and darting out the door.

But for now, there was none of that, and he could actually try some. "I'll.. avoid such a face-melting," he assured Gavin, grinning into the hand touching his face for a moment. "I will, however, try that stew you mentioned..." Thelos punched in his own order, then considered Gavin's questions about pets.

"I'll admit it, at first I wanted a pet because I wanted a little companion while you were teaching at the Academy, but even when you returned I found I still wanted to see what all the human fuss was about pets," he explained. Silly pinkskins, he could picture one of his mothers saying. Ridiculously sentimental about things that have no value. He'd always thought there was a little more to it than that.

Gavin's cheeks colored a touch when Thelos mentioned his brief time returning to Starfleet Academy. He'd been shunted there as an adjunct instructor of biosciences...and, while that was a commendable job, little of what he'd done couldn't have been accomplished by a computer program. In reality, he knew that it had been punishment for flubbing his assignment with Zero. Not that he regretted giving up his fast-track career for her. Well, maybe, in the deepest recesses of his mind...maybe he did. But Zero was a sentient, living person. She had hopes and fears and dreams, even if she didn't realize it always. How could he have lived with himself if he'd continued to help Starfleet Medical track her like a science project?

The couple waited for their food. Unlike a replicator, this wasn't instantaneous. This was actual food cooked by actual Bajorans. "I think it'll be fun," he smiled, his thoughts somewhat distracted by reflecting on his time at the Academy. It reminded him of his father, which, in turn, reminded him of the fact that the man himself was coming here, to the station.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:54 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin's cheeks colored a touch when Thelos mentioned his brief time returning to Starfleet Academy.  He'd been shunted there as an adjunct instructor of biosciences...and, while that was a commendable job, little of what he'd done couldn't have been accomplished by a computer program.  In reality, he knew that it had been punishment for flubbing his assignment with Zero.  Not that he regretted giving up his fast-track career for her.  Well, maybe, in the deepest recesses of his mind...maybe he did.  But Zero was a sentient, living person.  She had hopes and fears and dreams, even if she didn't realize it always.  How could he have lived with himself if he'd continued to help Starfleet Medical track her like a science project?

The couple waited for their food.  Unlike a replicator, this wasn't instantaneous.  This was actual food cooked by actual Bajorans.  "I think it'll be fun," he smiled, his thoughts somewhat distracted by reflecting on his time at the Academy.  It reminded him of his father, which, in turn, reminded him of the fact that the man himself was coming here, to the station.  

Thelos had meant what he said about missing Gavin while he was gone, and it had occurred to him that it wasn't so easy for Gavin on his end, either. He didn't know all the details around his re-assignment to Starfleet Academy, but he did know how little it actually served to exercise that brain of his, and had kept him away from any sort of crewmates that he knew.

It really was like a punishment.

He noticed that his lover seemed a little vague with his words, and it seemed to be something else besides the boredom of waiting for food, or even his re-assignment.

"Something else troubling you?" he asked politely.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos had meant what he said about missing Gavin while he was gone, and it had occurred to him that it wasn't so easy for Gavin on his end, either. He didn't know all the details around his re-assignment to Starfleet Academy, but he did know how little it actually served to exercise that brain of his, and had kept him away from any sort of crewmates that he knew.

It really was like a punishment.

He noticed that his lover seemed a little vague with his words, and it seemed to be something else besides the boredom of waiting for food, or even his re-assignment.

"Something else troubling you?" he asked politely.

Sighing, Gavin smiled sadly, reaching over and touched Thelos' hand, gently stroking the Andorian's long, tapering blue fingers. "Yeah...you could say that." He paused a moment while the waitstaff brought their food out, nodding and smiling at the Bajorans. Finally, he knew he couldn't put if off any longer.

"Dad's going to be here," Gavin blurted, tossing back a bit of his juice. "On the station. Starfleet's doing a medical exchange thing with the Romulans, and...yeah. He's stopping over to wait for his shuttle." Gavin picked up his fork, jabbing it into the salad and popping a vegetable into his mouth. "He'll be here tomorrow."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Sighing, Gavin smiled sadly, reaching over and touched Thelos' hand, gently stroking the Andorian's long, tapering blue fingers.  "Yeah...you could say that."  He paused a moment while the waitstaff brought their food out, nodding and smiling at the Bajorans.  Finally, he knew he couldn't put if off any longer.

"Dad's going to be here," Gavin blurted, tossing back a bit of his juice.  "On the station.  Starfleet's doing a medical exchange thing with the Romulans, and...yeah.  He's stopping over to wait for his shuttle."  Gavin picked up his fork, jabbing it into the salad and popping a vegetable into his mouth.  "He'll be here tomorrow."

Thelos let his fork prod around the stew he'd ordered. It was rather odd looking, at least compared to what he considered food. Oh well. You'll try it anyway, he thought to himself, absently putting a bit in his mouth. It wasn't bad, not at all. His focus on food, however, was dropped as Gavin plunked a bit of a real worry onto the table.

"Ah," he said carefully. Gavin's... father. There were far too many stories that Thelos had heard about Marius Van Gelder, stories that made him worry about being within the same quadrant, let alone the same station.

Still, they couldn't avoid him forever.

"Do you believe... well that we should speak with him at all?" What he really meant was 'are you certain that it's safe for me to meet him', but he didn't know how to say that without sounded like he was afraid of Gavin's father-- he was, but Gavin didn't need to know that.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:35 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos let his fork prod around the stew he'd ordered. It was rather odd looking, at least compared to what he considered food. Oh well. You'll try it anyway, he thought to himself, absently putting a bit in his mouth. It wasn't bad, not at all. His focus on food, however, was dropped as Gavin plunked a bit of a real worry onto the table.

"Ah," he said carefully. Gavin's... father. There were far too many stories that Thelos had heard about Marius Van Gelder, stories that made him worry about being within the same quadrant, let alone the same station.

Still, they couldn't avoid him forever.

"Do you believe... well that we should speak with him at all?" What he really meant was 'are you certain that it's safe for me to meet him', but he didn't know how to say that without sounded like he was afraid of Gavin's father-- he was, but Gavin didn't need to know that.

"Uhh..." Gavin said, not sounding particularly genius-like. "What do I want to do, or what should I do?" He sighed, poking again at the salad. "I want to run away with you and hide in the arboretum. It'd be nice. We can build a fort from fallen limbs, and jab booby trap sticks into the ground..." Sighing again, Gavin shook his shaggy head. "No...I think...I think we need to do this. He knows I'm going to be here, and he's going to expect to see me."

He glanced off to the side, watching the milling officers and staffers, half-expecting to to see the bearded, not-entirely-warm face of his father among them, even though he knew the man wasn't coming until tomorrow. Reaching over, he took up the Andorian's hand in his, smiling softly at him. "You mean everything to me, Thel. I want him to meet you. It...it's important."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Uhh..." Gavin said, not sounding particularly genius-like.  "What do I want to do, or what should I do?"  He sighed, poking again at the salad.  "I want to run away with you and hide in the arboretum.  It'd be nice.  We can build a fort from fallen limbs, and jab booby trap sticks into the ground..."  Sighing again, Gavin shook his shaggy head.  "No...I think...I think we need to do this.  He knows I'm going to be here, and he's going to expect to see me."

He glanced off to the side, watching the milling officers and staffers, half-expecting to to see the bearded, not-entirely-warm face of his father among them, even though he knew the man wasn't coming until tomorrow.  Reaching over, he took up the Andorian's hand in his, smiling softly at him.  "You mean everything to me, Thel.  I want him to meet you.  It...it's important."

Even considering the heavieness of their conversation, Thelos couldn't help but smile at the whimsical idea of living in the equivilant of a tree house on the ground to avoid speaking to his father. There were worse things, Thelos figured. They could always get up, run away, and go elsewhere. "We could... join the maquis," he suggested, though the organization was effectively wiped out.

No, they couldn't do that either. Thelos went silent, and gave Gavin's hand a gentle squeeze. It brought him no small amount of pride to hear how much he meant to him. The feeling was of course returned wholeheartedly. Still, it was a very large step... and it meant that their relationship wasn't going to be a secret anymore... at least, not to the people that would care. The people on the Phoenix, and even the station's personnel (except for the one Andorian security officer, whom Thelos had made a point to avoid while with Gavin) didn't care one bit. Gavin's father... well, they'd have to see. So long as this doesn't infer *my* parents coming into this equation any time soon.

"Alright," he said softly. "I suppose it can't go that badly... and I do want to do this, for us."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Even considering the heavieness of their conversation, Thelos couldn't help but smile at the whimsical idea of living in the equivilant of a tree house on the ground to avoid speaking to his father. There were worse things, Thelos figured. They could always get up, run away, and go elsewhere. "We could... join the maquis," he suggested, though the organization was effectively wiped out.

No, they couldn't do that either. Thelos went silent, and gave Gavin's hand a gentle squeeze. It brought him no small amount of pride to hear how much he meant to him. The feeling was of course returned wholeheartedly. Still, it was a very large step... and it meant that their relationship wasn't going to be a secret anymore... at least, not to the people that would care. The people on the Phoenix, and even the station's personnel (except for the one Andorian security officer, whom Thelos had made a point to avoid while with Gavin) didn't care one bit. Gavin's father... well, they'd have to see. So long as this doesn't infer *my* parents coming into this equation any time soon.

"Alright," he said softly. "I suppose it can't go that badly... and I do want to do this, for us."

Returning Thelos' squeeze, Gavin smiled, the warmth in his heart reflected in his greenish-blue eyes. Somewhere along the line, Gavin had come to realize just what the Andorian meant to him. He'd been in relationships before, of course - with varying degrees of success. The way he felt with Thelos, though...it was something different altogether. There were small things, like the way Gavin ruffled his white hair in the mornings when they woke up, the way Thelos got silly and playful on Andorian ale. Sometimes Thel kept the room too damn cold, of course...but it was made up by the fact that Gavin got to fall asleep in his arms.

"I love you," he said, meaning every word of it. They were words that had scared him when he'd first said them, months ago. Now they felt natural, just like breathing. Gavin didn't need his father's approval to validate what they'd built together...but it'd certainly make things easier. "He'll be here tomorrow, and that's not today. That means we have all day to enjoy together!"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Returning Thelos' squeeze, Gavin smiled, the warmth in his heart reflected in his greenish-blue eyes.  Somewhere along the line, Gavin had come to realize just what the Andorian meant to him.  He'd been in relationships before, of course - with varying degrees of success.  The way he felt with Thelos, though...it was something different altogether.  There were small things, like the way Gavin ruffled his white hair in the mornings when they woke up, the way Thelos got silly and playful on Andorian ale.  Sometimes Thel kept the room too damn cold, of course...but it was made up by the fact that Gavin got to fall asleep in his arms.

"I love you," he said, meaning every word of it.  They were words that had scared him when he'd first said them, months ago.  Now they felt natural, just like breathing.  Gavin didn't need his father's approval to validate what they'd built together...but it'd certainly make things easier.  "He'll be here tomorrow, and that's not today.  That means we have all day to enjoy together!"

Thelos's face flushed, like it did almost every time Gavin told him he loved him. It wasn't exactly a phrase he'd ever think he'd hear from anyone, but he knew that with Gavin it was right. He covered his blushing (badly) by dipping his head to eat some more of the Bajoran stew on his plate. He always managed to make you turn purple like a bashful child, he thought, and he was quite alright with that.

"I love you, too," he echoed. And he did. Regardless of anyone else's approval, there was still his little human genius, his Gavin, with his strange science ideas that more often than not ended in some form of mess or explosion in one of the labs, and his bright greenish eyes that always seemed to light up when something interested him.

He wouldn't trade that for anyone's approval. He glanced back up, even more brightly smiling at the notion of having a day to themselves.

"How do you propose we spend it?" he asked, taking another bite of the dish in front of him. "We could go to a holosuite, or we could spend some time in the arboretum, or we could go retrieve the Chinchilla," he suggested.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos's face flushed, like it did almost every time Gavin told him he loved him. It wasn't exactly a phrase he'd ever think he'd hear from anyone, but he knew that with  Gavin it was right. He covered his blushing (badly) by dipping his head to eat some more of the Bajoran stew on his plate. He always managed to make you turn purple like a bashful child, he thought, and he was quite alright with that.

"I love you, too," he echoed. And he did. Regardless of anyone else's approval, there was still his little human genius, his Gavin, with his strange science ideas that more often than not ended in some form of mess or explosion in one of the labs, and his bright greenish eyes that always seemed to light up when something interested him.

He wouldn't trade that for anyone's approval. He glanced back up, even more brightly smiling at the notion of having a day to themselves.

"How do you propose we spend it?" he asked, taking another bite of the dish in front of him. "We could go to a holosuite, or we could spend some time in the arboretum, or we could go retrieve the Chinchilla," he suggested.

I love you, too. The words echoed in Gavin's skull, sharing space with his (literally) prodigious brain. He felt a little touch of pink grace his cheeks again, thinking about how wonderful it was that someone like Thelos could feel the way he did about someone like him. Gavin sometimes feared that he wasn't mature enough for the doctor...that maybe, one day, Thelos would wake up and realize that everything had been a flight of fancy. However...Gavin realized that all of that stuff was likely just his own doubts getting the best of him.

"Oh, I definitely think we should find this...chinchilla," he grinned, poking at another forkfull of salad. "Who knows...maybe they're opening an Andorian embassy, and we can go pick one up from the lunch commissary..." Gavin winked, throwing back a long drink of his fruit juice.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:09 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

I love you, too.  The words echoed in Gavin's skull, sharing space with his (literally) prodigious brain.  He felt a little touch of pink grace his cheeks again, thinking about how wonderful it was that someone like Thelos could feel the way he did about someone like him.  Gavin sometimes feared that he wasn't mature enough for the doctor...that maybe, one day, Thelos would wake up and realize that everything had been a flight of fancy.  However...Gavin realized that all of that stuff was likely just his own doubts getting the best of him.  

"Oh, I definitely think we should find this...chinchilla," he grinned, poking at another forkfull of salad.  "Who knows...maybe they're opening an Andorian embassy, and we can go pick one up from the lunch commissary..."  Gavin winked, throwing back a long drink of his fruit juice.  

Immediately, the doctor put his fork down and crossed his arms. Thelos feigned a look of exasperation at Gavin for making that kind of comparison. Truthfully, he'd brought it on himself. "Oh, come now. An Andorian eats a fuzzy earth creature one time, and I never hear the end of it," he teased.

He couldn't hold the mock-anger for more than a few seconds, immediately breaking and taking another bite of his (definitely not rodent-based) lunch. He definitely liked it now... and it wasn't cute and fuzzy and judge-inducing.

"All that aside, I'm fairly certain there's a small pet distributor on the promenade on the other end of the base. They'll have most of what we'll need besides the animal, of course."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Immediately, the doctor put his fork down and crossed his arms. Thelos feigned a look of exasperation at Gavin for making that kind of comparison. Truthfully, he'd brought it on himself. "Oh, come now. An Andorian eats a fuzzy earth creature one time, and I never hear the end of it," he teased.

He couldn't hold the mock-anger for more than a few seconds, immediately breaking and taking another bite of his (definitely not rodent-based) lunch. He definitely liked it now... and it wasn't cute and fuzzy and judge-inducing.

"All that aside, I'm fairly certain there's a small pet distributor on the promenade on the other end of the base. They'll have most of what we'll need besides the animal, of course."

"Such are the hazards of eating pets..." Gavin drawled, leaning back in his chair a little and kicking his heels against the flooring. It was a habit he tended to have when he was excited about anything. True, the thought of having to deal with his father tomorrow was tempering, but knowing that he got to spend uninterrupted time with Thelos today was enough to put a smile on his face.

Their lunch finished, Gavin smiled and thanked the waiter who took the plates and bowls away. Soon the couple was strolling through the promenade again. "We can have a little habitat built for it," he mused, slipping his hand back in Thelos'. "Temp controlled, in case the little guy doesn't like the cold. Then again...I guess that's what the fur is for?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Such are the hazards of eating pets..." Gavin drawled, leaning back in his chair a little and kicking his heels against the flooring.  It was a habit he tended to have when he was excited about anything.  True, the thought of having to deal with his father tomorrow was tempering, but knowing that he got to spend uninterrupted time with Thelos today was enough to put a smile on his face.  

Their lunch finished, Gavin smiled and thanked the waiter who took the plates and bowls away.  Soon the couple was strolling through the promenade again.  "We can have a little habitat built for it," he mused, slipping his hand back in Thelos'.  "Temp controlled, in case the little guy doesn't like the cold.  Then again...I guess that's what the fur is for?"

I told you, we don't eat pets, because we don't keep them, Thelos thought offhandedly to himself, smirking anyway. It was an interesting cultural differnece, one that Thelos was attempting to broach. Not without a fair share of grief, it seemed. Carnivorous people and pets clash badly, he mentally continued even as he lightly tightened his grip on Gavin's had while they walked.

"Well, their origins were supposedly from colder climates, by earth standard. However, given how much they've been domesticated, they need a temperature of around 18C°," he explained aloud in regards to their future pet. The notion of that high a temperature made him shudder, but at least it would be contained to the chinchilla's habitat.

"Ah, that looks like the correct place," Thelos pointed out after a good few minutes of walking around the promenade.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

I told you, we don't eat pets, because we don't keep them, Thelos thought offhandedly to himself, smirking anyway. It was an interesting cultural differnece, one that Thelos was attempting to broach. Not without a fair share of grief, it seemed. Carnivorous people and pets clash badly, he mentally continued even as he lightly tightened his grip on Gavin's had while they walked.

"Well, their origins were supposedly from colder climates, by earth standard. However, given how much they've been domesticated, they need a temperature of around 18C°," he explained aloud in regards to their future pet. The notion of that high a temperature made him shudder, but at least it would be contained to the chinchilla's habitat.

"Ah, that looks like the correct place," Thelos pointed out after a good few minutes of walking around the promenade.

Gavin's eyes widened a little at the array of small creatures the vendor had, each in their various enclosures and habitats. Of course there were cats and dogs, and more than a few reptiles. There was an enclosure with Cardassian voles, though Gavin had no clue who would actually want one of those as a pet...and a purring mound of tribbles (complete with warning signage assuring that they were neutered).

"Is that a weeper plant?" he rhetorically asked, amazed at the variety. "Maybe that's what the voles are for...to keep the plants fed..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:58 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin's eyes widened a little at the array of small creatures the vendor had, each in their various enclosures and habitats.  Of course there were cats and dogs, and more than a few reptiles.  There was an enclosure with Cardassian voles, though Gavin had no clue who would actually want one of those as a pet...and a purring mound of tribbles (complete with warning signage assuring that they were neutered).

"Is that a weeper plant?" he rhetorically asked, amazed at the variety.  "Maybe that's what the voles are for...to keep the plants fed..."

Thelos didn't know what he was more enchanted with-- the utterly adorable menagerie of animals around them, or Gavin's completely adorable reaction to them. Humans were so easily amused. Then again, so was he. "I don't know. Perhaps they're a sort of double purpose animal. Food for the plant, but... Er... Suitable for a pet otherwise." Thelos didn't see who would want a vole, either. Ah well. To each their own.

Thelos began intently scanning through the various tanks and cages, antenna politely inclined toward each one out of interest. He stopped thrice: once to peer at a brightly coloured bird, once in front of a reptile that almost looked like a miniature cardassian, and finally stopping at a small, furry animal that was just what he was looking for. The plastic label underneath its enclosure clearly designated it as a chinchilla. It's even more adorable in person.

"Gavin!" Thelos called excitedly. "I've found it."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos didn't know what he was more enchanted with-- the utterly adorable menagerie of animals around them, or Gavin's completely adorable reaction to them. Humans were so easily amused. Then again, so was he. "I don't know. Perhaps they're a sort of double purpose animal. Food for the plant, but... Er... Suitable for a pet otherwise." Thelos didn't see who would want a vole, either. Ah well. To each their own.

Thelos began intently scanning through the various tanks and cages, antenna politely inclined toward each one out of interest. He stopped thrice: once to peer at a brightly coloured bird, once in front of a reptile that almost looked like a miniature cardassian, and finally stopping at a small, furry animal that was just what he was looking for. The plastic label underneath its enclosure clearly designated it as a chinchilla. It's even more adorable in person.

"Gavin!" Thelos called excitedly. "I've found it."

"Oh...my God," Gavin replied, rushing over to where Thelos was standing next to a greyish-brown critter. His quick motion must have startled the brightly-colored bird, as the rainbow-hued creature gave an indignant squawk as he passed. "Sorry," he said, smiling alternately at Thelos, and the chinchilla. "He's wonderful...we have to get him! Where's the proprietor?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Three's a Crowd   Today at 6:53 am

Back to top Go down

And Three's a Crowd
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: