Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 A Future Without...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half


Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 378
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:51 am

Jiseth wrote:
"You'll forgive me if I'm a little unsure of who is included when you say we and us."

Her feet slipped off the edge of the table and she placed her hands on the arm rests. It was a long and slow push back to sitting upright. She wondered if this was all hypothetical whistling of Dixie from his posterior or if he actually had the power to form something like this amidst the smoldering tensions.

"What? Move me onto a warbird? I'm not exactly a model individual to represent Starfleet..."

Her right hand went to her chin as her elbow on that side went to the table, propping her head up. She was interested, but it could be just the drink on his end. Still, even if it stood a Breen's chance on the surface of a star, the gesture was appreciated.

Stark waved his hand dismissively.  "No, no.  Not you on a warbird.  I think you've got the whole thing backwards."  He moved closer to the table again, pouring a small drink.  Just one more.  He was already on the verge of being very...fuzzy.

"Following the end of the war, the Federation re-activated an addendum to the Khitomer Accords' Treaty of Alliance that allowed for an exchange officer program.  I think we can do the same with your Empire."  Shrugging, Stark took a long pull from his glass.  "Admittedly, Algeron isn't as detailed on the 'let's be friends' aspect as Khitomer.  But I know people.  I can make things happen.  If it does, you would be a liaison officer, representing the Romulan Star Empire.  You wouldn't have to leave the ship, or your family."

_______________________________

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 am

There came a long stare at Stark. She allowed for a single blink to disrupt that, but her gaze went through him. The kind of man he seemed to be would not allow for petty false promises and lip service. Even so, she stood and turned away from him. Not in an ill-mannered way, or at least she hoped it would not come off as such.

She braced her hands on the windowsill and looked out through the viewport to the dwindling number of workbees buzzing in the silence of space. What he would get out of being so generous, she had no idea. Glory perhaps. Another log to build a bridge for peace with his name on it. A representative position would have its own dangers and for all she knew this would be her nailing herself into her own coffin.

Jiseth turned back and stepped toward the table. With the tips of her fingers she scooted her empty glass toward him. Another round with the Admiral in the pale starbase light.

"Alright... Let's be friends."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half


Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 378
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Jiseth wrote:
There came a long stare at Stark. She allowed for a single blink to disrupt that, but her gaze went through him. The kind of man he seemed to be would not allow for petty false promises and lip service. Even so, she stood and turned away from him. Not in an ill-mannered way, or at least she hoped it would not come off as such.

She braced her hands on the windowsill and looked out through the viewport to the dwindling number of workbees buzzing in the silence of space. What he would get out of being so generous, she had no idea. Glory perhaps. Another log to build a bridge for peace with his name on it. A representative position would have its own dangers and for all she knew this would be her nailing herself into her own coffin.

Jiseth turned back and stepped toward the table. With the tips of her fingers she scooted her empty glass toward him. Another round with the Admiral in the pale starbase light.

"Alright... Let's be friends."

"Friends," Stark echoed. He went ahead and poured her a bit more of the drink, wondering what was going on in that skull of hers. Depending on how the next portion of this conversation went, she might just need the alcohol. "I've read over your personnel files. You are an exemplary officer...just not in this particular fleet."

Stark gestured toward the uniform tunic that lay tossed aside. Grey overshirt, maroon turtleneck, hanging with two golden pips. "Tell me. When you think of that uniform...what comes to mind? Do you respect it?"

_______________________________

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
"Friends," Stark echoed.  He went ahead and poured her a bit more of the drink, wondering what was going on in that skull of hers.  Depending on how the next portion of this conversation went, she might just need the alcohol.  "I've read over your personnel files.  You are an exemplary officer...just not in this particular fleet."

Stark gestured toward the uniform tunic that lay tossed aside.  Grey overshirt, maroon turtleneck, hanging with two golden pips.  "Tell me.  When you think of that uniform...what comes to mind?  Do you respect it?"

Jiseth gave a slight nod and twist of her head to the compliment. It was something that she had heard quite rarely as of late. There was no medal for the fleet-wide competition for biggest pain in the ass.

She took the glass and brought it near her lips before she stopped. Her eyes locked onto the uniform with her beverage hovering for a few moments before descending to the table. It was a complicated question. Never once had she been cited for a uniform violation during inspections at the Academy. It fit well. The scarlet went nicely with her eyes. The meaning behind it escaped her at times, so she decided to stick to her own interpretations.

"Hope... That's what I see in people's eyes when I'm wearing it. Sure I've done aid missions in my previous stead, but the citizenry would always avert their eyes even when thanking one of us. The Pollock Cardies didn't look at us as enemies or occupiers. We weren't the military's terrible wrath made manifest. I've never been much for the different colors, but I like the star on the commbadge. Something so universal among all different species: we all look skyward for our hope."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half


Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 378
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:16 pm

Jiseth wrote:

Jiseth gave a slight nod and twist of her head to the compliment. It was something that she had heard quite rarely as of late. There was no medal for the fleet-wide competition for biggest pain in the ass.

She took the glass and brought it near her lips before she stopped. Her eyes locked onto the uniform with her beverage hovering for a few moments before descending to the table. It was a complicated question. Never once had she been cited for a uniform violation during inspections at the Academy. It fit well. The scarlet went nicely with her eyes. The meaning behind it escaped her at times, so she decided to stick to her own interpretations.

"Hope... That's what I see in people's eyes when I'm wearing it. Sure I've done aid missions in my previous stead, but the citizenry would always avert their eyes even when thanking one of us. The Pollock Cardies didn't look at us as enemies or occupiers. We weren't the military's terrible wrath made manifest. I've never been much for the different colors, but I like the star on the commbadge. Something so universal among all different species: we all look skyward for our hope."

Admittedly...Stark was taken somewhat aback by the rather poetic description of the Starfleet uniform. He'd been expecting something a bit more...cynical. Then again, Jiseth was likely very buzzed and knocking on the door of drunk. In his experience, sentimentality and inebriation went hand-in-hand, no matter the species.

"The very thing that many cultures say makes us weak is that sense of hope," he quietly said, crossing his arms behind his back. "When someone sees the uniform, they know what they're getting. It's a promise that we haven't always lived up to, but one we've died defending for over two centuries."

Reaching down, he brushed his fingertips along the rank pips of her discarded uniform. "It's what we do when we put this on - we wear it in honor of those that came before, and those we're fighting for in the future. We respect it, and the institution it stands for. And the day you look in the mirror...the day you can't respect it...that's the day you walk away. Because you no longer have any right to wear it after that."

_______________________________

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member
Posts : 557
Join date : 2014-06-28

PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Reaching down, he brushed his fingertips along the rank pips of her discarded uniform.  "It's what we do when we put this on - we wear it in honor of those that came before, and those we're fighting for in the future.  We respect it, and the institution it stands for.  And the day you look in the mirror...the day you can't respect it...that's the day you walk away.  Because you no longer have any right to wear it after that."

Taking a step nearer the uniform, Jiseth pointed to one pip and then the other.

"Tobias Fornell, Klara Meru..."

Suddenly she did not feel much like drinking at all. The limit of her tolerance had not been met yet, but she made a habit of not taking in alcohol when in mourning regardless of the duration. There was another matter: the Admiral wanted her honesty. A steep price for any Romulan.

"...Admittedly, my resolve has been rustled. Section 31 is directly opposite the interests of what this uniform means to me. Opposite the belief that Starfleet is above the barbarisms of the Tal Shiar and the laws here reflect justice not convenience like on Romulus or Cardassia."

Jiseth traced her index finger around the star of her commbadge.

"It reminds me, however... that we still have a lot of work to do and I can't let the actions of one sully those of a million or of a captain to those of two lieutenants. I have a damn good squadron, Stark, no one can deny that. They would jump feet first into Hell's maw so that others may live, but I didn't teach them that. I didn't train them to do it. They volunteered like so many others in Starfleet and were doing it long before I came around."

Her eyes rose swiftly to his from the uniform that rested before them.

"When I'm wearing this, I know that the moment those millimeters of alloy that keep us from being blown into the void are torn asunder that someone will reach out to grab my hand and pull me from the brink. So I ask you, as someone who has seen thousands come and go, how does that fit on me?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Future Without...   Today at 6:52 am

Back to top Go down
 
A Future Without...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: