Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:38 pm

It was obvious that Leela was almost as uncomfortable as Zero was in the tiny room, but at least she could be sure that Leela hadn't spent any time in the real version of this room. The discomfort also served the purpose of reassuring Zero that the Trill wasn't taking any pleasure in this exercise, not the way Corinth had.

Taking a deep breath, the Augment retreated into the behaviours that had been drilled into her for so long now. Slowly, she stepped over to the chair, but ignored it in favour of sitting with her back wedged in to the corner, her knees hugged to her chest. Desensitisation was the only way to get through phobias like hers, but that didn't make it any easier.

"This is... not the worst location that he put me," she murmured. "He would place me here to await his decisions or procedures."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
It was obvious that Leela was almost as uncomfortable as Zero was in the tiny room, but at least she could be sure that Leela hadn't spent any time in the real version of this room.  The discomfort also served the purpose of reassuring Zero that the Trill wasn't taking any pleasure in this exercise, not the way Corinth had.

Taking a deep breath, the Augment retreated into the behaviours that had been drilled into her for so long now.  Slowly, she stepped over to the chair, but ignored it in favour of sitting with her back wedged in to the corner, her knees hugged to her chest.  Desensitisation was the only way to get through phobias like hers, but that didn't make it any easier.

"This is... not the worst location that he put me," she murmured.  "He would place me here to await his decisions or procedures."

Leela was oddly assured to know that his wasn't the worst of it yet. She wasn't quite emotionally ready to go with Zero to her darkest places.

"Why don't you tell me about the last time you were in this room?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela was oddly assured to know that his wasn't the worst of it yet. She wasn't quite emotionally ready to go with Zero to her darkest places.

"Why don't you tell me about the last time you were in this room?"

Holding back a whimper, Zero closed her eyes, thinking back to the last time she had been in this room back at Starfleet Medical. She flinched a few times from the memory, but then took a deep breath.

"This room was used many times during the test wherein my mating capabilities were tested," she replied quietly. "Between sessions, I was to return here and sit in the chair until they had prepared the subsequent tests."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:55 am

"Ah, I think I understand." Given that Zero had yet to have a complete melt down Leela decided to move the session along.

"Computer, move to stage two." The computer beeped acknowledging Leela's order. A door appeared at the far end of the small room. The pair moved through the room and entered a smaller area, dark, with one bright light. On the floor lye a wooden box, approximately 1 meter by 1.5 meters. It was illuminated by that one bright spot light.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:09 am

Although she was visibly nervous and wary, Zero got to her feet and followed Leela through the second door. However, it didn't last long. The young Augment took one look at the box and bolted back through the door, looking for a way out somewhere. She had been just about able to handle the small room, but seeing the box again had been too much.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:50 am

Leela felt sympathy for the augment but she knew that they were doing what they had to do to. "Computer inmate program Kaz174." The computer beeped acknowledging the Trills request and the spoke in its monotone voice. Holodeck access restricted to voice authorization from Ensign Leela Kaz. Leela was afraid Zero would call the exit and bolt from the simulation.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 am

Zero had just been about to end the simulation when she heard the command coming through from the room she had just fled. Instead, she let out a yowling howl of frustration and fear.

"I have obeyed the rules! I have focused on my work! I have tried to avoid all forbidden elements! Please do not punish me!" she blurted out, looking anywhere except the box.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Leela resisted the urge to put her hand on Zero's shoulder. "This isn't about you breaking any rules. You haven't done anything wrong. This is about you facing the things that were done to you head on." Leela moved to the corner and picked up a large hammer. Given the times they lived in neither of them had likely seem such a device. She handed the heavy object to Zero. "I don't want you in the box... I want you to destroy the box. Get angry Zero. Really angry."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Glancing at the hammer briefly, Zero shook her head. "No, I cannot," she said in a small voice. "If Corinth were to find out, he would not hesitate to force me to return and place me in the box there." At her sides, her fists clenched as she remembered the hours that she could sometimes spend crouched on the balls of her feet, her hands on the back of her neck, forehead against her knees, all with the cold walls of the box pressing her on all sides. She used to scream and cry her apologies, pleas for someone to explain to her what she had done wrong.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:11 pm

"He can't get you Zero." Leela reassured her, fearing that it was a lie, but hoping it was the truth. "You can and you will destroy that box. Find all of the pent up anger and release it now. You can do it Zero Alpha!"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 pm

"Yes, he can," Zero replied, trying to keep her voice from cracking. "He is able to find me where ever I hide. He always know what I have done, or when I have broken the rules!" She shook her head, looking at the floor and folding her arms over her stomach.'

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:00 pm

"Alpha 01419, you have two choices. You can either destroy that box or crawl in it and hide." She put her hand on her hips. Leela wasn't much for ultimatums but she hoped that she would find smashing it preferable to residing in it. "If you destroy the box, you'll never have to be in there again. If you crawl in it, that box will hold power over you forever." She moved her hand from her hip and folded her arms. On the inside this was the hardest thing that the Trill had ever done but on the outside she was tranquility in a sea of chaos. She was as stoic as a Vulcan. Leela funneled everything Juval had ever learned from Trebor.

After a moment of waiting without an answer Leela spoke again.

"Comply."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 pm

For a moment, Zero found herself mentally back at Starfleet Medical, faced with one of the doctors assigned to her project. She flinched, wishing that she didn't have her back against the wall so that she could put more space between her and the Trill.

"Acknowledged, Doctor," she murmured. She took a step toward the box, lifting the lid and, despite the fact that her mind was screaming at her to turn around, she stepped into the box, assuming the position that she had been taught right from the start and waited for the lid to be slammed closed and locked.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Leela watched in shock as the augment climbed in the box. "What are you do Zero?" She lost eye contact with Zero as her headed folded down into the wood. "So I guess you're choosing fear over power? Get the hell out of there and destroy that box!"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm

As soon as Leela raised her voice, Zero tensed, tucking her head further into her chest and arching her spine a little more as she expected a blow to land on her back. When none came, she turned her head slightly to the side, looking up out of the corner of her eye. Then, in a small, muffled voice, she replied:

"But this is always what is expected of me. I must comply with their expectations."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Leela knelt down near the opening in the box. "This isn't about doing what you're programmed to do. This exercise is about exceeding you're imposed limitations."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:34 pm

"I do not know how to resist what I have been taught," came the quiet reply. Zero shifted a little uncomfortably in the box, still unwilling to stand up or move out of the position that had been instilled so firmly into her. "Doctor Kincaede indicated to me that he had a plan for my life and taught me accordingly. When Corinth became my guardian, he began to force limitations upon my life and my actions, with dire consequences should I resist."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Leela stood up and looked down at Zero. She looked upon her as if she was a child who had imposed some type of punishment on herself. "Zero, out of the box. You must comply." Leela had quickly learned the importance of speaking in a manner Zero understood well. She knew she had to be direct, even curt, to garner her attention.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Slowly, hesitantly, Zero unfolded herself from the uncomfortable position. Cramp had already started to set into her muscles in the short space of time she had been crouched there. She shakily stepped out of the box and, still working on autopilot in terms of the reactions expected of her, she quickly knelt down, keeping her head bowed.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Leela placed her hands on her hips and uttered the only words that came to mind. "Alpha 01419. You must comply. Please destroy the box at once." If this didn't work Leela wasn't sure what she would do.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 pm

"I cannot," Zero replied in a quiet voice. She still didn't look up at Leela, nor look at anything except for the deck plates in front of her knees. It was almost as if she had accepted that the Trill was just another doctor from Corinth's team, one sent to test her obedience.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:58 pm

"Zero, how many times have you dreamt of destroying the tools that man has." Leela pointed to the wooden box. "It's right there Zero, all you have to do is pick up the hammer and swing. You can destroy it. If you destroy it metaphorically it will help you break his hold, once and for all."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:41 am

"I have never wished to destroy anything of Admiral Corinth's," Zero admitted quietly. She had done, once, during the first few days that she had been in his care. In fact, she had destroyed a lab where they had been poking and prodding her in order to further their understanding of how she functioned. The punishment she had received afterward had proved that it wasn't worth it. "It is not permitted. I will be severely disciplined."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Leela through her hands up in the air. "Look around Zero." She turned her head from side to side, mockingly. "There is no one here to punish you. And even if there were, its only a holographic box. So I ask again. Destroy that box! Smash it into a thousand pieces... Hell your a scientist, creak it down to th atomic level! I don't care!"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Looking much like a dog trying to get water out of its ears, Zero vigorously shook her head, her fists clenching on her knees. "Even if he is not present, he is always aware of every action that I take! I cannot risk what he would do!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Today at 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: