Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:36 pm

"Zero, I promise that he cannot get you. We are in a secured room. I personally scanned every meter of this room for infatuation devices. I cut off sensors to this room and sealed the door. No one even knows that there is anyone in this room."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 am

"No, no, no," Zero moaned, clamping her hands over her ears. "I must not disobey. I must not disobey! He is always aware! He will punish me!"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Leela placed her forehead in the palm of her hand. Zero seemed to be running her circles. She had been programmed so well that Leela couldn't even seem to break through it in a simulated environment. She gathered her courage and removed her head from the palm of her hand. "Maybe we should just pack you up, send you to Starfleet Medical and let you live out the rest of your life without Jiseth, without your friends. You can just sit in that room over there until you rot. How does that sound? Is that appealing Zero?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am

Zero hung her head even further at Leela's words, shaking it limply. For some reason, she didn't doubt that she would carry through with that threat and ship her back to Starfleet Medical without another thought.

Tilting her head slightly to the side, she glanced at the box out of the corner of her eye. Slowly, she unfolded her coltish limbs, wrapping her arms around her stomach as she still tried to avoid looking at the box. Then, apparently before she could lose what few scraps of courage she had managed to scraped together, she lashed out with a foot, kicking the box before bolting across the small room away from it, as if afraid of the repercussions.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Leela was stunned as Zero moved to the box and let out a kick. She half expected their circular argument to continue indefinitely. Leela followed Zero into the corner and smiled. "You did it Zero. You took your first step. How does it feel?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Zero whimpered quietly and shook her head, her eyes looking past Leela to the door, as if expecting an enraged Corinth to come bursting through it and dish out whatever punishment he thought suited the occasion. She had one hand on her throat, but it wasn't a gesture meant to comfort herself, it was almost as if she was trying to protect it in case someone was about to make a grab for it.

"I will be punished for this!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:28 pm

"You won't be punished." Leela walked to the large hammer and picked it up from the floor. With one motion she picked it up and attempted to pass it back to Zero. "Take it Zero, you've come so far. Don't stop now. Freedom is yours! You just have to be willing to reach for it."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:09 am

Even though she had taken a large step forward by even being able to kick the box, that act of defiance was about as far as Zero could go. Taking the first swing at properly destroying the box was beyond her capabilities at that moment in time.

She shook her head, pressing herself a little further into the corner with a quiet whimper.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:07 pm

"Enough Zero!" Leela screamed at the augment. In retrospect screaming at a frightened individual probably wasn't the wisest decision but it was a decision made in frustration.

With the hammer still in hand Leela looked down at it and back to the box. She lifted the hammer and took a forceful swing. With the hit the boxes locking mechanism rattled loose and fell to the floor.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Zero flinched and then jumped as Leela lost her temper and apparently took it out on the box that was causing so many problems. She turned wide, disbelieving, grey eyes to the Trill, as if she simply couldn't fathom that she had committed such an act without fear of the repercussions.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:57 am

Leela lifted the hammer again and took another swing. This time two boards on the top were split into two pieces. She moved her hand to the head of the hammer and pointed the handle to Zero. "Now its your turn." She proclaimed forcefully.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:06 pm

Zero's eyes flicked between the hammer, Leela and the box, hesitant to take the instrument of destruction and continue what the Trill had started. She swallowed hard, obviously still conflicted and afraid.

Taking the hammer, she threw it at the box before flinching away again. Propelled by significant strength, it hit one side of the box and continued through the other.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Leela flinched as Zero swung the hammer. Somewhere, deep inside her, Leela didn't expect the augment to go through with it. When she opened her eyes she realized what had happened. "Zero!" The Trill exclaimed. She wasn't able to contain her excitement. "You did it! You really did it!"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Zero blinked at Leela, unsure why she thought that it was something to be celebrated.  She had committed an act that was likely to get her into a lot of trouble if Admiral Corinth ever found out about it.

"I am not certain it was a good idea," she replied reluctantly.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Leela moved closer to Zero, careful not to make physical contact. "It was a bold step forward. Your on the path to freedom and independence. How do you feel right now?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Zero looked down at her feet, making sure not to look at either Leela or at what was left of the box.  She just had to hope that none of what she had done ever got out of this makeshift holodeck.  

"I am... afraid," she admitted quietly.  "I cannot shake the feeling that a member of Corinth's team will arrive within minutes in order to discipline me."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Leela sighed. After all of the progress they had made. She was still afraid of that man. "He's not here Zero, he can't get you. You should know, by now, that I won't allow it."

"I think you might be ready for phase 2 of your training."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Zero looked down at her feet, playing with the hem of one sleeve. No matter how much anyone reassured her of the contrary, she was still certain that Corinth knew exactly what she was doing at any given moment. He could have her recalled to his care at any time, without even a good reason. There didn't seem to be any point in arguing with the Trill though. They were both adamant that they were right about what Corinth could and couldn't do and were both unwilling to see the other person's point of view on the matter.

"What is phase two comprised of?" she asked in a small voice, hoping that it wasn't going to be as bad as having to face dark, enclosed spaces.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:59 pm

"Phase two is all about confronting your emotions." Leela accessed the holographic control panel and terminated the program of Starfleet Medical. The image quickly faded and the walls of the makeshift holodeck became visible.

"On Trill we have individuals called guardians. Guardians have the ability to temporarily remove the memories from my symbiont and place them, temporarily, into a new host. This will give you the memories form one of my previous host. In particular, I would like you to meet Preta Kaz. She lived in the early 2300's and was instrumental in the design of some of the starships that shapes the way we travel the stars, even to this day. She was the mother of five. I believe that there is a lot you could learn from her, Zero."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:08 pm

It was with no small measure of relief that Zero watched the holographic copy of Starfleet Medical blink out of existence, replaced by the far less terrifying hologrid that had been installed in the cargo bay.

"You intend to place a portion of your memories into my mind?" she clarified, looking doubtful. "I am not sure I would be amenable to you being privy to what transpires in my mind."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Leela chuckled. "I will give you Preta's memories not mine. And also I will not be able to see your memories, its purely a one way trip." She place her hand on Zero's shoulder.

"We will get through this together." She moved with Zero towards the exit od the room.

To Leela, Zero had made some great breakthroughs, But her toughest battles were those fought in the mind and the hardest days were still ahead.

As they stepped through the door Leela reassured her friend.

" Together, we can do anything."

END

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Today at 6:52 am

Back to top Go down

Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: