Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Leela passed the new gel pack to the captain and waited as she installed it. The tone in her voice made her feelings known. Most parents loved to prattle on about their little ones but Arch wouldn't even take that bait.

"I'm sure you know about it, sir, I was merely going to mention that it was cute. But if you don't care to talk about it, captain, we can certainly talk about something else? What did you have in mind?"

Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Yes, it's very cute seeing my daughter following in her parents' footsteps, except for the part when, upon returning from a very long shift, you have to reconstruct a badly dismantled replicator while hoping that you have all the parts just so that you can get dinner at some point in the distant future of the evening.

"How about we try to stick to the topic at hand, Ensign?" Unless you want me to break this coupler in my hand. "We have a job to do. I'd rather just get on with it."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 pm

"Fine you want to talk about power relay systems, sir, then we'll talk about power relay systems." The Captains voice had slowly grew from mild irritation to outright frustration, maybe even anger. If this was how she was going to act the Leela felt obliged to reply in kind. With her own odd sense of humor. As she worked the Trill peered over T'Koris' shoulder. "You're .07 microns out of alignment." She paused almost forgetting to show the proper respect. She quickly chimed back in through the silence. "...Sir."

The variance was well within tolerance, but it could always be better.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:21 am

The decoupler shattered in Archangel's hand. She jumped, but took a deep breath as she flicked the remaining pieces from her fingers. It wasn't the first time she had broken a tool like that, or broken anything out of anger. Although she was a command officer now, she was still an Engineer at heart and one of the unspoken rules of Engineering was that you didn't insult their work.

"It's well within tolerance," she replied as evenly as she could manage, even if her voice was so tense that touching it would make it shatter into more pieces than Seika could dismantle a replicator into. "Trying to realign it would only push it further out."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Leela flinched as the decoupler shattered in her hand. She was taken back by her anger and aggression and that her comments had had that kind of effect. "Well it may be within tolerance but I know we could do better. But you're in command." The captain had been curt and flat out rude. Leela felt she was justified.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Giving an irritated sigh, Archangel pulled out her tricorder and realigned the pack to 0.02 microns, the most precise that it was possible to align a gel pack.

"Happy now?" she snapped, shoving the tools back into her belt with more force than necessary. Slamming the hatch back into place, she started to move on to the next pack that needed replacing.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 pm

"Yes." It was simple clear and concise. Leela face displayed a smile that could only be described as mischievous. She moved along the crawl space with the captain. They were moving onto the next gel pack when Leela decided to lay all of the cards on the table.

"So are we going to keep going like this or are you going to tell me what's bothering you?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:20 pm

"There is nothing bothering me," Archangel replied firmly, not bothering to look back at the ensign. Despite her words, the Romulan's jaw was clenched and her eyes narrowed as she glared straight ahead. Her temper was definitely fraying and one more prod, one more mention of her family or criticism of her work was likely to spark off something dangerous.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Leela let out a slight audible chuckle at the notion that nothing was bothering the Captain. "If you say so ma'am." She glanced down to a few of the pieces of the shattered decoupler. "I think the decoupler would disagree, but its okay. Ive got plenty of tools available for you to break."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:02 pm

"I have my own tools," Archangel growled, crawling along the narrow passageway, trying to get to the next task quickly with the understanding that the sooner they finished, the sooner she could get out of the poisonous presence of the Trill.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:33 am

The pair arrived at the next panel. Leela was in the front of the pair so she removed the access panel. She reached in her tool kit and located her decoupler and removed it form its location. Her hand moved towards Captain T'Koris. "I'm guessing you'll need to borrow mine now? It's okay. I'm not like other engineers, I don't mind lending my tools." She paused. She was hoping to find a way to air out whatever feelings resided within her Captain. "But it will cost you... What the hell is going on here? I need to know?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:30 am

Archangel sat back on her heels, her eyes narrowed dangerously as she glared at Leela. She was really starting to question her will to assist in Engineering during her off shifts, until she remembered that she was doing it so that Gabriel could get a break.

"No, you do not need to know," she ground out, making an effort to speak around her clenched jaw.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 am

Leela still sat on her heels and with the decoupler in her hand extended towards Captain T'Koris. "Go ahead and take the tool. You need it." She let out an audible sigh. And mumbled under her breathe. "I wish Gabe was here." The words escaped before she could process them or assess the repercussions. The two of them had learned how to work well together. They had an energy that seemed to feed from one another and Leela was missing that.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:05 pm

That muttered phrase was all it took for Archangel to slap the decoupler out of Leela's hand to clatter to the grill flooring of the jefferies tube as she snarled:

"Stay away from Gabriel!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:33 pm

"Wait... What!" Leela gave the Captain a blank stare that quickly moved towards a look of confusion. "You think I'm interested in your husband?" An audible laugh escaped from Leela. That probably wasn't the best way to diffuse the situation but Leela had the habit of sticking to what she knew. "Don't you think I'm a little old for him?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Archangel's glare didn't subside even as the words tumbled from Leela's mouth. She didn't think that there was anything that she needed to say in return to that, especially since she had already said more than she had intended. After all, the young Romulan hadn't intended to show her hand on what was bothering her with the Trill. Instead, she snatched up the decoupler and started to work on the gel pack.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:57 pm

"Wait... No." Leela uttered. She knew jealousy ran high in T'Koris. But she was smart enough to know that Gabe wasn't cheating on her with some Ensign on his staff. "That can't be it, you're smarter than that. You know better! Even if you are jealous you wouldn't project that towards me. There's more.... Captain and you're holding back."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:20 pm

"Oh, I suppose it's too much to believe that someone who's married to a half-Romulan captain who is admittedly not easy to live with while also having two half-Romulan girls while working on a starship on a senior position wouldn't want to have a less stressful relationship with someone else," Archangel replied sarcastically, not bothering to look at Leela.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

"Captain." Leela tried to formulate er thoughts better before speaking, this time. "Gabe has never showed any interest in me, nor I in him. Our relationship is strictly professional. Just because we get along doesn't mean he wants me. Hell, I don't want him, or anyone else for that matter."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:23 pm

There was a slight derisive snort from inside the hatch as Archangel changed out the gel pack. She wasn't sure that she believed that, but whether it was true or the fact that she was so afraid of someone being close enough to Gabriel to threaten their relationship, she wasn't sure. In the end, it was just easier to maintain her silence and continue her work.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:17 pm

With the Captain's silence Leela continued to speak. "But I don't think that's it? I think that you never liked me... from the day I stepped on your ship. You've always been distant... So what is it Archangel... I mean sir." Leela's voice quickly sped up and the volume increased. "Did I offend you because I once wrote a thesis on exceeding warp 10? Is it because I'm a better engineer than you? Is it because you didn't like the bridge layout on the Ambassador class ship Preta designed? Is it the damned spots! What is it Archangel!"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 pm

"Or perhaps it's the more obvious, Kaz," Archangel snarled, pulling her head out of the hatch and slamming the cover back into place. "Perhaps it's the fact that everyone knows how much Kaz hates my people! It was hardly a secret that he opposed the reunification movement, or that he opposed any part Romulans applying for the Academy!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Leela moved a bout half a meter back. "What the hell are you talking about?" Leela was confused for a moment. She wasn't understanding what the Captain meant. "Are you talking about the Romulan and Vulcan Reunification movement? What did I have to do with that?" Then she realized that the Captain had addressed her as Kaz, not Leela or Ensign. She meant the Symbian. "You're talking about Juval? Aren't you?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm

The expression on Archangel's face easily communicated exactly what her opinion of Leela's intelligence level was, as well as the fact that she was not at all amused. She had seen Juval around the Academy campus on Earth a couple of times, but once, just once, she had been close by while he spoke to another high-ranking officer about the Romulans and their unification movement. That had been enough, even without the general knowledge about the Trill, to let her know just how he felt about the Romulan people in general.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Leela let everything simmer in her mind for a moment. She had to search far back into her memories to remember specifics. Her mind drifted back to Juvals days on Vulcan, during the height of the reunification moment. Ambassador Juval gained his 15 minutes of fame when he very publicly criticized Ambassador Spock for his support of reunification. He had never had any reason to dislike Romulans, but Vulcan's and Romulans were so different. He always feared that a Romulan influence would have a negative impact on Vulcan culture and society. He detested what Spock had done, he saw it as a betrayal of his people and their values and Juval couldn't bare it. Spock betrayed Starfleet, in his eyes, and devalued the oath he took.

"Captain, the Reunification movement was a long time ago. I was barely a teenager when that happened? Whatever you think you know, ma'am. I assure you you're mistaken."

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: