Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:31 pm

"You think the reunification movement is dead? Far from it," Archangel snapped in return. "They have to stay far underground out of fear of what either side will do to them." As Leela brought up the fact that she had only been a teenager at the time, the Romulan rolled her eyes. "The host, yes, but you are still Kaz. That's all that matters."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 pm

"So let me put the pieces together." She glared at the captain. This hadn't been the first time she was judged for the actions of a previous host. Juval especially, was well known and created more than his fair share of controversy. He was full of opinions and wasn't afraid to wear them on the sleeves of his uniform. "You don't like Kaz because of a stance Juval took on Reunification. Should I remind you, Captain, Juval is dead. And I have no stake or opinion regarding the Reunification movement. The opinions you hate were his, not mine. I'm aware of them and I understand his motives behind them but I am simply not close to this issue, any longer."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:23 pm

"Even when a host is dead, their memories will continue to influence the subsequent hosts," Archangel replied, returning the glare. "Juval's hatred of the Romulans was known by all of us, so excuse me if I don't trust you!"

Deciding that she had had enough of the Trill, she turned and started to make her way along the jefferies tube, hoping that she would get the message and leave the Romulan to finish the job alone.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Leela quickly got her tools back together and followed the Captain back out of the Jeffries tube. "Captain wait." She rushed to catch up. "While its true I do carry Juvals memories. I can assure you that my opinions and beliefs are my own. The Symbiont has influenced me in some surprising ways, true, but I don't hate Romulans. And for the record, neither did Juval. But that's a moot point. I'm not Juval!"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:21 pm

With years of experience of chasing Seika and now Aria through the jefferies tubes, Archangel could get up quite the turn of speed as she crawled along.

"Surprising words coming from someone who would only have met him briefly and doesn't belong to the species he hated," she snarled in reply.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:38 pm

"Lumping me together with Juval isn't a fair comparison." At this point the trill seemed to be chasing the Captain through the innards of the vessel. "Juval liked playing cards. I think human games are ridiculous. He once almost started an intergalactic incident on the Klingon border. Am I responsible for that too? He once got an unpleasant illness from a woman on a Casperia Prime. Am I responsible for the too? Where do you draw the line Archangel? Where? Where!" She insisted. From her point of view the captain was being narrow minded and absurd in her assumptions.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 pm

"I don't know, and I don't particularly care, Ensign!" Archangel snapped. "You say that you're separate people, and yet you act as if you are your previous hosts half the time. I met Juval once and I thank the Elements that I didn't have ridges at that point!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:40 pm

"Wait." Leela contemplated the implications. Knowing Juval one couldn't even venture a guess at what he had done to offend her, in person. "You met me... I mean Juval before?" She knew that now was not the time to mince her pronouns. "When? Where? I don't remember?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Archangel snorted derisively as she heard the mistake slip past the Trill's lips. It just cemented in her mind that Leela wasn't as separated from her previous hosts as she claimed to be.

"When I was a cadet at the Academy. The instructor had us out on the quad for a training exercise and Kaz strolled up to him and started talking about the Unification movement. I was standing in the front row, so I got front seat tickets to how much he hated us."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:01 pm

The scene was painted in Leela's mind, quickly and quite vividly. She knew the day that she was speaking of. It was cool fall day in the bay. It was Juvals favorite time to visit San Francisco. He had just left a meeting with the Director of Internal Affairs and the Director of Intelligence. He had been sent to Earth to update them on the Situation on Vulcan. Spock had been missing for several days and rumors had been swirling around Vulcan, swirling by Vulcan standards, at least. Leela closed her eyes for a moment and could almost feel the cool breeze gently stroking her chin from the west.

"I remember..." She moved her hands in front of her and clasped them, as Juval often did. She felt his memories stronger than she had ever felt them before. "Was that... That was Commander S'Kal? Right? He taught Diplomacy and First Contact Procedures? Did you know that teaching was only one of his assignments. He was one of my adjutant's on Earth... Juval's... Juval's adjutant." There she went with those pronouns again.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Archangel fell silent, her eyes narrowed at the Trill. Juval had been an overblown, pompous windbag, disrupting an entire class of cadets just because he could and submitting them to a long lecture on his views of the reunification movement. She remembered desperately trying to keep an emotionless mask on, to not react no matter what he was saying. Even then, she knew that revealing herself to be Romulan would have been a very bad idea indeed. Instead, she had hugged her PADD close to her chest and attempted to be as Vulcan as possible.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:25 pm

"Oh my god! You were right up front. Juval and S'Kal had a meeting regarding the situation on Vulcan... Right after your class." Juval was more confident than Leela, he was more confident than most sentient lifeforms. He was overbearing, egotistical and he was an unparalleled strategist and diplomat.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Rolling her eyes, Archangel continued her crawl through the jefferies tubes, wondering just how much longer she was going to have to put up with this damned Trill. She also (briefly) entertained the thought of shoving her head into an open EPS relay, but quickly dismissed that as being rather extreme. Maybe she could put her up for transfer? To a Romulan ship?

"My memory is quite accurate, thank you. I don't need you to confirm what I know."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:27 pm

"So you think Juval, and by extension me, hated Romulans?" She pondered this concept. Juval didn't hate Romulans. He was only concerned with protecting Vulcan. "He didn't hate Romulans, Captain, he just really loved Vulcan. He feared that Reunification would have been the beginning of the end of the Vulcan society, as we all knew it."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:37 am

"Yes, he thought that having those filthy, paranoid, scheming b*stards were going to taint his angelic Vulcan society," Archangel snorted. "Our hearing is just as sharp as a Vulcan's. Even if he hadn't been speaking as loud as he had, I still would have heard every word."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:31 pm

Leela shook her head as the captain spoke. "You've got it wrong." She contemplated her words carefully. "It wasn't about Romulans tainting Vulcan society. Romulans, by comparison, are very emotional. You can't disagree with that. Juval feared that the Romulan influence on Vulcan would lead to a segment of Vulcan that wanted to do away with the old ways and begin to integrate their emotions. You couldn't fathom what a Vulcan would be like without the tight controls they have on their emotions. Violence would run rampant. It would have been bad for everyone, not just Vulcan. Imagine what the Federation would be like without a strong Vulcan?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:05 am

Archangel snorted derisively once again, rolling her eyes. Romulans were still the big, bad enemy, no matter how Leela was trying to excuse what Juval had said and done in the name of keeping the Romulans and the Vulcans separated.

"Did it never occur to you that the reason that the Romulans had to be so secretive about their reunification was because they wanted to be more like the Vulcans. Vulcans aren't ruled by emotions or paranoia like we are. That's what they want!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:50 pm

She made a valid point the the reality was that the Romulans likely didn't posses the mental discipline that would have been necessary.

"The Vulcan's have spent centuries perfecting and honing their techniques. Did the Reunification movement really believe that they could learn to control their emotions over night?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 pm

"We never got a chance to find out if we were even capable of starting to learn from them," Archangel snapped back.  "None of us expected things to change overnight, but we were willing to learn as long as the Vulcans were willing to teach. And your precious Kaz was one of the loudest voices against us having that chance!"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Leela took a moment to reflect on the Captains supposition that the Romulans were eager to learn form their Vulcan cousins. Maybe she was right, perhaps Juval had been wrong to be such a vigorous opponent, but it didn't matter to her. Leela learned early on to let the guilt from past lives go, otherwise it would follow her and haunt her forever.

"Captain, sir." Her voice was softer and calmer. "I've honestly never given it much thought. I'm just telling you what Juval believed. Maybe he was right, maybe he wasn't. But it wasn't my life and I won't re-hash his actions."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:10 am

It was easy not to answer Leela. It was common knowledge that a joined Trill changed as soon as they received their symbiont in order to accommodate all the personalities that had come before. There would always be elements of Juval in Leela, and Archangel didn't trust that even some of the dislike he had held for Romulans hadn't made it through as well.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:40 pm

Leela saw the glare from the captain and decided to respond in kind. She was beginning to feel the frustration of the situation. She was left defending decisions that she hadn't even made, surrounding an incident that happened when she was a teenager. It was simply preposterous, from her perspective.

PostSubject: Re: Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]   Today at 9:19 am

Back to top Go down

Not So Great Expectations [Leela/Arch]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: