1. What is your name? Nickname?
My name is Kintiss.
2. Why were you named that?
On my homeworld, Kintiss was a famous poet.
3. What is your gender?
4. What species are you?
5. How old are you? What year were you born?
I suppose I’m about 26, by the Federation calendar. I was born in 2352.
6. Do you wish you were older or younger?
7. What is your IQ? If you don't know, guess.
Hmmm, tough question. I’d guess it’s around 130.
8. What color are your eyes? Do you like them?
My eyes are black, like most of my people.
9. What color is your hair? Is it natural or dyed? Do you like the color?
10. Is your hair thin or thick? Straight or curly? Long or short? How do you wear it?
I refer you to my previous answer.
11. How tall are you? Are you happy with your height?
I’m 6’5”. I’m fine with it. Can’t change it, after all.
12. How much do you weigh? Are you happy with your weight?
I don’t know, but I’ve been lifted into the air by a Klingon before, so I think I’m an average weight.
13. If female, what is your bra size? Are you happy with this?
I don’t think I can sufficiently answer this.
14. How would you describe your skin tone?
15. What is your body type? Are you athletic?
16. Any birthmarks? Freckles or other marks?
None I know of.
17. Do you have any scars? From what?
18. Do you have any tattoos? Of what and where?
No I don’t.
19. Do any other features stand out? Big nose? Almond eyes? Gap in teeth?
Looking like a Terran snake?
20. Do you have any unusual characteristics?
21. Any defining gestures? (Biting your lip, avoiding eye contact while speaking)
I hiss at things I don’t like.
22. What do you like most about your appearance?
I stand out in a crowd.
23. What do you like least about your appearance?
I intimidate other species. Especially Pakleds.
24. Overall, are you happy with your appearance? Do you think you are attractive?
I’m happy with it.
25. Do others think you are attractive?
I’m sure someone out there does.
26. What is your blood type?
I believe it’s B positive.
27. Do you have any mental illnesses? Addictions? Disabilities?
None on or off record.
28. Do you avoid your medicals?
I wouldn’t be setting a good example to my patients if I did.
29. What was the last medical procedure you had done?
Fixing a fractured limb after re-enacting the Nibelunglied in the holodeck.
30. Do you have any allergies or medical problems?
31. Do you have any problems sleeping? What's wrong and why do you think that is?
I used to, after Meclanti, but I don’t anymore.
32. Do you have any special abilities? If no, skip this whole section.
Compared to other species, I suppose I do.
33. What exactly are your abilities?
I produce a paralytic venom that I can introduce to a victim by biting them.
34. When did you discover them?
On my first hunt on the homeworld.
35. Are they standard for your species?
36. How do you use your abilities?
Immobilising hostiles, as long as they don’t see me coming.
37. How much control do you have over your powers?
38. What does it cost to use your abilities (energy, focus, blood)?
My dignity. Biting someone isn’t exactly a good moment for me.
39. Can you die or pass out from overusing your abilities?
40. Have you reached your full potential?
Well, it’s as developed as it can get.
41. Do you feel that your abilities are a blessing or a hindrance? Would you trade them or get rid of them if you could?
Not at all. I’m proud to be a Selay.
42. Are you happy with the abilities you have?
43. Do you try to keep your abilities secret?
44. Do many others have abilities where you come from? The same ones?
It’s a trait of my whole species, so yes.
45. If so, are yours stronger or weaker? Are yours unique in any way?
Not as far as I know.
46. What is your earliest childhood memory?
I’m 2, and hunting by the river Rasssvar with by older sister.
47. What is your happiest childhood memory?
My first ride on a shuttlecraft.
48. What is your worst childhood memory?
The moment when my mother abandoned me and my siblings.
49. What was your childhood like?
Average for a Selay. My mother left me when I reached adolescence, as is our custom.
50. What were your childhood aspirations?
At first, I wanted to be a poet, like my namesake, but then I wanted to become a Starfleet officer.
51. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Getting my teeth stuck in prey and being dragged up a mountain.
52. What is the most frightening thing that has ever happened to you?
I was trapped in a cave once.
53. Have you ever had a near death experience? Have you ever died?
The Meclanti incident. Very few of us made it out alive.
54. What is the worst thing you have ever done? Even if for a good reason.
Stolen from my sisters.
55. What is the worst thing anyone has ever done to you?
Snubbed me for an award at the Academy.
56. Do you have a permanent residence on any planet?
57. Where were you born? What is this place like?
I was born on Selay. It’s a harsh, hot world where, if the temperature doesn’t kill you, the animals will.
58. Has anything life changing ever happened to you?
I suppose seeing a Federation starship come to Selay. It was what inspired me to pursue a career in Starfleet.
59. Have you ever experienced anything traumatic?
Meclanti. I lost a lot of friends that day.
60. Do you have any serious regrets? What are they? How would you act differently?
I got into an argument with a friend before I was assigned to the Ducreaux, and we didn’t speak to each other for some time. I later learned that they were killed in the Breen’s attack on Earth. I suppose I would have tried to patch things up.
61. Have you ever lost someone you love? How?
No, I haven’t.
62. What was your least favorite subject?
63. What was your favorite subject?
64. What were you best at?
65. Were you made fun of in school? Why?
No, I don’t think I was.
66. What was your education like?
67. How much education have you received?
Primary, secondary, picked up a trade in general medicine and completed a course at Starfleet Academy.
68. Did you attend the Academy? What was your most memorable experience there?
I did attend the Academy. As for my best moment, well, where to begin? I had the honour of
69. Did you like school?
I thought it was necessary.
70. Overall, how well did you do in school?
I did well enough to earn this pip.
71. Are you enlisted or commissioned? What is your rank?
72. What department do you serve in?
73. Why do you do it? How did you end up doing it?
I do it because I don’t like to see anyone suffer and die when their life could be saved. I ended up doing it by going through the Academy.
74. Do you have any future goals for this job or others?
I think Chief of Medical is somewhat lofty for now, so I’m happy to keep working as I am. If I get promoted along the way, so be it.
75. How long have you done this?
Hard to say. I haven’t been counting the years.
76. What are your parents' names?
My mother is called Sstreina. I know nothing of my father.
77. What do your parents do for a living?
My mother is a civilian worker on Selay. I don’t know my father, as I said before.
78. Do you have any siblings? Older or younger?
Two older siblings and two younger siblings. Brothers and sisters at both ends.
79. Who are you closest to?
Probably my younger brother, Koossen.
80. Is there anyone not in your immediate family who you consider to be family?
No, I don’t suppose there is.
81. Do/did you live with or commonly see grandparents, cousins, or other relatives?
Selay don’t really do that sort of thing.
82. Are you married? Have you ever been?
83. Do you have any children? How many? How old? Who is the father?
Not at all.
84. Does anyone else in your family serve or has served in Starfleet?
Not to my knowledge.
85. Do you have a good relationship with your family?
We keep in contact.
86. Who is your best friend? (If 2 really close friends, answer the next questions for both)
Hard to say. I think if I had to pick out of all the people I’ve met, I think it would be Rhyl Jh’lathlek. He’s an Andorian I met while on Starbase 212.
87. How did you meet? How long have you known each other?
We met when he stumbled into Sickbay, bleeding from the chest.
88. Why are you best friends? What about your personalities work well together?
We always challenged each other to be better people.
89. What are his/her greats qualities? Flaws?
He’s a great motivator. When I was feeling down, he’d always help me get back on my feet. That, and he played a mean game of Tri-dimensional chess. I suppose he was a bit stubborn. Never wanted to concede defeat.
90. If of the opposite sex, have there ever been any romantic feelings?
91. Other friends?
A few crewmen and occasional officers from my assignments.
92. Who is your nicest friend?
Difficult question. Probably Ilana Telak, though I’m not sure she considers me a friend. Never have I seen a more sweet Cardassian.
93. Do you have many friends? If you have few friends, why?
I don’t think I have that many friends. I suppose it takes time for people to warm up to me because of the whole “humanoid snake” deal.
94. Do you have any enemies or frenemies?
95. Does anyone dislike you?
Oh, I’m certain someone out there does. Couldn’t tell you who, though.
96. Do you dislike anyone?
In general, or do you want me to name names?
97. Do you have any rivals?
Not right now.
98. What is your sexual orientation?
99. What's your current relationship status?
100. If single, have you ever had a romantic relationship?
Once, I was. A short tryst with a barmaid.
101. Do you want to be in a relationship?
Not really, no.
102. Do you love anyone now? Have you ever?
Not now, but I did once.
103. If not in love, do you have a crush on anyone?
A crush? Not on anyone on this ship.
104. Do you know if anyone is in love or has a crush on you?
105. Do you love anyone who does not love you back? Have you ever?
Once, during my Academy tenure. A Saurian, beautiful to behold. Sadly, it wasn’t meant to be.
106. Have you ever told anyone you loved them? When?
During my assignment to Starbase 212, I told Faral, a barmaid, that I loved her.
107. Has anyone told you they loved you? When?
It was Faral, on the same day I said I loved her.
108. Have you ever cheated on anyone?
109. Have you ever been cheated on?
Unfortunately, yes. I won’t go into the details but, suffice to say, Faral and I haven’t spoken in a while.
110. Has anyone ever broken your heart?
111. Have you ever broken anyone's heart?
112. Are you shy about relationships?
I suppose I am. I’m content to remain single.
113. What do you do when you like someone? Tell them? Give hints?
Usually I’d give a hint or two and hope they pick up on it.
114. Are you a virgin?
No I’m not.
115. Have you ever given or received a blowjob?
I certainly haven’t.
116. Have you ever kissed someone the same sex as you?
No, I haven’t.
117. Do you have any quirks in the bedroom?
No, but I knew people who did.
118. What kind of man/woman are you usually attracted to?
I don’t really go for seduction. I much prefer someone who enjoys their life.
119. What kind of lover do you prefer?
Tough question. I need more time to think on it.
120. When did you last engage in any romantic or sexual behavior?
Starbase 212, Stardate 75387.2. A night to remember.
121. How many people have seen you naked?
Does that include doctors? Because, if so, around ten.
122. Who do you love most in the world?
Rhyl. I don’t know where I’d be without him.
123. Who do you hate most?
124. Who could you not live without?
125. Who do you tell things to first?
Normally, the ship’s counsellor.
126. Who knows all your secrets?
Nobody knows all of them.
127. Who do you always argue with?
Patients who think they know better than their doctor.
128. Who last told you they loved you? (both romantic and not)
129. Who did you last tell you loved them? (both romantic and not)
130. Have you ever punched anyone? Why?
I once punched a superior officer. In my defence, he’d ingested a dangerous amount of a Ferengi narcotic and was a danger to the crew.
131. Who do you go to for advice?
Either my fellow medical staff or the ship’s counsellor, whoever that may be.
132. Who would you risk your life for?
My patient, no matter who they are.
133. Who do you most respect?
My older brother. He’s a merchant, working with the Ferengi. He practically raised me himself.
134. Do you have any heroes or idols?
Out of everyone who’s ever served in Starfleet? Probably Doctor Julian Bashir. The man’s medical accomplishments are legendary. I just hope I can do something similar.
135. If you could kill someone and get away with it, who would it be?
Tough question. There’s no-one I particularly dislike.
136. Are there any qualities in people or behaviors that you just can't stand?
Arrogance, egocentrism and hypocrisy. These qualities irritate me to my very core.
137. Would you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else? Anyone in particular?
Depends on who it was.
138. What is a typical day like? Or is each day different?
Normally, I’d begin my shift in sickbay at around 0700 hours, pause to take a break for lunch at about 1300, then finish up at 1800 hours. During that day, I’d see a number of different patients or attend to medical emergencies. Afterwards, I’d take a break in the holodeck or relax in my quarters.
139. Are you a morning or a night person?
Definitely a night person. It takes me a while to get going.
140. How do you usually dress while off duty? On duty?
The uniform. I rarely get an opportunity to change.
141. Is there anything you keep with you at all times?
Well, I do wear a charm around my neck. My sister made it for me.
142. Do you keep a journal? Why or why not?
Would a personal log count? If so, yes.
143. Are you regularly in trouble or do you always follow all the rules?
I like to follow the regulations.
144. Do you ever drink or get drunk?
Yes, but I restrict myself to synthehol. A drunk doctor is not an effective one.
145. Do you ever go to parties?
Sometimes, if I’m invited.
146. Describe your quarters. What is in it? Is it messy?
It’s fairly standard. It has a bed and a desk, and a wardrobe with spare uniforms in. I added some copies of famous Selay art to the walls, and I have an extensive collection of holonovels. I also keep some bartending equipment in there.
147. What would you like most to change about your life?
I suppose I’d like to not lose my precious Thisss set in the Meclanti crash. That’d be nice.
148. Are you happy with your life?
I’m quite happy with my life.
149. What is your religion? Any strong religious beliefs?
I follow the faith of my people, primarily believing in the gods of sun and sand.
150. Are you very religious?
I used to be. Not so much, nowadays.
151. Are you superstitious?
Again, I was, but not so much now.
152. What would you die before doing?
Breaking my doctor’s oath.
153. Do you have any strong political views?
154. Are you satisfied with the current government? Why or why not?
I never really interested myself in politics. I much prefer medicine to manoeuvring.
155. What do you think of death and the afterlife?
Something’s out there, definitely. I don’t know what it is, though.
156. What do you think of war?
I don’t like it, but if it happens, it happens.
157. Could you personally kill someone if it meant saving others? (Have you ever?)
Once, I did. Put a lot of venom into a Vorta. It didn’t work, so I shot him with a phaser.
158. Do you snore?
I couldn’t tell you if I did. I don’t hear it.
159. Do you have any secrets?
160. Do you have many fears? What are they?
I fear that, one day, I’ll cause the death of a patient.
161. How do you deal with physical pain? Have you ever been seriously injured?
Definitely. I deal with it just like everyone else.
162. How do you cope with deaths of people you know?
I’m not allowed to eat their bodies, so I grieve for them and move on.
163. Have you ever killed anyone? Why? How?
After the Meclanti crashed, I was tending to survivors. We were ambushed by a Jem’hadar squadron. We fought them off.
164. Have you ever seen anyone die? What happened?
I have. The Meclanti was going down, and a crewman had their head split open by a collapsed bulkhead.
165. What do you live for? What keeps you going?
The hope that, one day, I can be better than I am right now.
166. Can you speak more than one language without using the UI? What languages and why?
I speak Selayan and a little Klingon.
167. Do you have any bad habits?
I haven’t noticed if I have.
168. Are you typically willing to help people who you ask for it? To what extent would you willingly help them?
Of course, unless it’s something that I’m unfamiliar with. After all, I’m a doctor, not a universal expert.
169. What is your speaking style (fast, monotone, loquacious)?
Slow, I’m told, with lots of hissing. That can’t be helped, I’m afraid.
170. What are your insecurities?
I’m a doctor, so there’s a lot of pressure on me not to mess up. That can get to me sometimes.
171. Do you have any quirks or eccentricities?
Aside from hissing? No.
172. Do you have any special natural abilities?
The paralytic venom I mentioned earlier.
173. Do you have any specialised combat training? Why?
I know rudimentary self-defence, but nothing apart from that.
174. What is the best compliment you could receive? (You're gorgeous, your paintings are beautiful, you are the perfect mother)
“You’re a great doctor.”
175. If the entire world only had one night left, what would you do? Who would you spend your last hours with?
Probably drink actual alcohol. I’ve never had it, you know.
176. If you could know anything, what would it be? (Like how the pyramids were built, what your boyfriend was thinking five minutes ago)
I suppose I’d like to know what is waiting for me after I die.
177. If you could learn to do anything, even if it's impossible (like dancing if you're in a wheelchair), what would it be? (no powers, see next question)
Cope with cold environments.
178. If you could have one magic power, what would it be? Why?
Perfect hand-eye co-ordination. It would make surgery a lot easier.
179. If you got one wish (no wishing for more wishes), what would you wish for?
I’d wish the Meclanti wouldn’t crash.
180. Are you a social person? Or do you prefer solitude?
I have to be somewhat social. I interact with patients every day, after all.
181. How would you describe your personality?
Level-headed. At least, that’s what I’ve been called before.
182. Are you an optimist or pessimist?
Optimist, I suppose. I do like to hope for the best.
183. Are you creative?
Somewhat. I’ve composed poetry in a number of styles.
184. Do you like to take risks?
Not really. I’m not much of a gambler.
185. Are you usually an honest person?
I have to be.
186. How would you describe your personal hygiene? Would others agree?
I have to be hygenic, especially when I’m dealing with injuries.
187. Do you think you dress well off duty? Would others agree?
I wouldn’t say so.
188. Are you sentimental?
I’ve never thought of myself as such.
189. Are you openly emotional?
190. Are you a hard worker?
191. Are you usually a leader or a follower? Are you happy with that?
Follower, mostly, but I have been known to lead on a rare occasion.
192. Are you confident?
193. Are you introverted or extroverted?
I’d say introverted.
194. Are you a stressed person?
195. Are you easily embarrassed?
196. Are you very proud?
Only about certain things.
197. How do you think other people see you?
From what I’ve gathered, apparently I’m very by-the-book.
198. What things do others say are your weaknesses?
My impatience when it comes to patients who think they know better than me.
199. What do others say are your strengths?
My diligence, as my former captain would say.
200. Do people generally like you or dislike you?
It’s hard to say. I suppose some people like me, though the snake appearance might scare them off.
201. What do you think are your best qualities?
My ability to keep a cool head, most of the time.
202. What do you think are your worst qualities?
I’ve been known to get a little argumentative with uncooperative patients.
203. Is there anything you would like to change about yourself?
I’d be more patient with my patients.
204. Overall, are you happy with yourself?
I am, yes,
205. What is your favorite food?
Lorvan crackers. They’re quite savoury and make a nice companion to a slice of meat.
206. What is your favorite drink?
Raktajino, cold and sweet.
207. What is your favorite color?
208. What is your favorite animal?
Earth cat. My roommate at the Academy kept a cat. I don’t know the breed, but it had big round eyes and always looked guilty. I loved that animal almost as much as he did.
209. What is your favorite book?
The Dunes of Mavrassh by Sssvalsta. A classic Selay novel. It’s about a city hidden under a sand dune.
210. What is your favorite movie?
Again, a tough question. I suppose it would have to be the 2305 adaptation of The Dunes of Mavrassh. It got everything right.
211. What is your favorite music genre?
212. What is your favorite childhood story?
I didn’t get told that many stories as a child, but I remember one about a maiden who was given a mask by a wizard that granted her beauty. She grew arrogant and prideful, so the wizard took away the mask to teach her a lesson.
213. What is your favorite weather?
Arid, warm and dry.
214. What is your favorite season?
215. What is your dream vacation?
A quiet day in an isolated cabin, reading books and sleeping late.
216. What is your favourite planet to visit? To live?
Would it be cliché to say Risa?
217. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
218. Would you rather have a life full of adventure or an uneventful life?
I want to say an uneventful life, but I’m so used to life in Starfleet that I’m forced to say a life of adventure.
219. What is your favorite holiday?
Earth’s Christmas. It puts a lot of my patients in a good mood.
220. What is your favorite flower?
I’m not one for botany.
221. What is your favorite sport? Do you like sports?
I’m not a fan of sports.
222. What is your favorite curse word?
Sssthsspak. It’s a useful curse.
223. Do you prefer the city or the country?
224. Do you prefer showers or baths?
225. What is your biggest pet peeve?
226. Are you disgusted by anything?
I ate Gagh once. It’s something I’ll never do again.
227. Are you squeamish?
I used to be. Years of medical practice made me get over it.
228. Regardless of skill, do you like dancing, singing, or drawing? Anything else?
I enjoy it, but it’s never been my forte.
229. Do you enjoy art?
230. What would be the perfect day?
A day where nothing goes wrong. Sadly, I know I’ll never get that.
231. Do you have any hobbies?
I play Thisss, Tri-dimensional Chess and the occasional game of Calto. I also write poetry and build models.
232. What do you enjoy doing most?
233. When did you last feel happy? Why?
A couple of days ago, I finished a model I’d been working on for several weeks.
234. When did you last feel sad? Why?
When I saw some bodies being beamed into Sickbay.
235. When did you last feel angry? Why?
It was on a mission, and Ensign Van Gelder kept trying to get up, even after I dosed him with general anaesthetic.
236. When did you last feel guilty? Why?
I don’t remember.
237. When was the last time you cried? Why?
As before, I don’t remember.
238. When did you last see your family? Is this amount of time normal?
Not for several years. It’s normal for a Selay to make their own way in the galaxy.
239. When did you last do someone a favor? Who and what was it?
It was Rhyl. I covered for him while he was travelling to Bajor for some reason. He never discussed it with me.
240. When did you last confess something to someone? What was it and to who?
The Counsellor of the Gygax. I confessed I was having trouble sleeping.
241. When was the last time you were sick?
A few months back, I came down with space sickness.
242. Who is the last person you spoke to?
Ensign Ives. He’d been avoiding his physical.
243. What was the last dream you can remember?
I was sitting in the Captain's ready room, and it was very cold. I made myself a sandwich and then walked through the window into space.
244. What is your current mood?
245. Where are you?
In my quarters on the Phoenix, looking over some medical records.
246. What color are your nails/toenails?
Tan, same as always.
247. What are your goals for this year?
Reduce the number of injuries received by members of the crew.
248. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
No, I don’t.
249. What is your current health? Any injuries? From what?
I’m in perfect health.
250. What is the nearest book to you?
A compendium of Klingon poetry. A gift from Rhyl.
251. Are you wanted for any crimes?
252. Finally, how many weapons are currently on your person?
Natural weapons? A set of fangs.