Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:19 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Yes, I believe we crossed paths a couple of times," Genevieve replied with a smile.  "Quite the woman, your mother."  

Xavier had also noticed the silence still emanating from Archangel and he turned his attention to her.  "Archangel, I know that it's probably quite a shock, finding out that you have family.  I don't know why your mother never told you about us, or why she never told us about you.  Admittedly, we don't hear from her very often since... well, since she left for the Academy, to be honest."

"It's... it's ok," Archangel replied quietly.  "She didn't tell many people about me.  I'm pretty much the family secret."

"Oh."

Well. Our first awkward pause in under a half hour. I wonder who is keeping score... Gabriel sipped his tea, wondering how to best proceed. He didn't want to get into the more awkward stuff in front of the girls, of course. And he also didn't want to come right out swinging and tell these people what a vile dha'rudh their daughter was. He decided on a marginal route.

"Mrs. Walker doesn't desire any contact with Archangel. Or any member of her family," he said, glancing at the children.

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Well.  Our first awkward pause in under a half hour.  I wonder who is keeping score...  Gabriel sipped his tea, wondering how to best proceed.  He didn't want to get into the more awkward stuff in front of the girls, of course.  And he also didn't want to come right out swinging and tell these people what a vile dha'rudh their daughter was.  He decided on a marginal route.

"Mrs. Walker doesn't desire any contact with Archangel.  Or any member of her family," he said, glancing at the children.

While Xavier raised an eyebrow at that statement, he then shrugged one shoulder as if in indifference toward his daughter. Genevieve, on the other hand, simply cuddled Seika with a smile.

"That's her loss," she stated. Aria, apparently missing her parents even though they were only a metre or two away, slipped off the couch and skipped back over to Gabriel, clambering up into his lap and snuggling up to her father, offering him half of the biscuit she had been given. "You've made beautiful children, you two. I wish we'd known them earlier, just as I would have loved to know my granddaughter as a baby."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

While Xavier raised an eyebrow at that statement, he then shrugged one shoulder as if in indifference toward his daughter.  Genevieve, on the other hand, simply cuddled Seika with a smile.

"That's her loss," she stated.  Aria, apparently missing her parents even though they were only a metre or two away, slipped off the couch and skipped back over to Gabriel, clambering up into his lap and snuggling up to her father, offering him half of the biscuit she had been given.  "You've made beautiful children, you two.  I wish we'd known them earlier, just as I would have loved to know my granddaughter as a baby."

Even though he'd technically only helped 'make' one of them, Gabriel had to agree with Genevieve's assessment of the babies. He certainly couldn't hold Seika's parentage against her, since he'd been the only real father the girl had ever known. "Well, it's certainly not easy to get back to Earth. I know my family would prefer that we got posted in San Francisco or something. Then again," he smiled, "I'm sure I don't need to tell you these things."

Gabe reached down, taking a bite of the cookie, despite the toddler spit that was on it. Aria seemed to enjoy serving food to people. He looked forward to the time when he could start teaching her how to cook things.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Even though he'd technically only helped 'make' one of them, Gabriel had to agree with Genevieve's assessment of the babies.  He certainly couldn't hold Seika's parentage against her, since he'd been the only real father the girl had ever known.  "Well, it's certainly not easy to get back to Earth.  I know my family would prefer that we got posted in San Francisco or something.  Then again," he smiled, "I'm sure I don't need to tell you these things."  

Gabe reached down, taking a bite of the cookie, despite the toddler spit that was on it.  Aria seemed to enjoy serving food to people.  He looked forward to the time when he could start teaching her how to cook things.

Archangel smiled slightly at the thought of having known her grandparents through her childhood and wondered if that would have made any difference in terms of how she had grown up, what choices she had made.

"I'm not so sure. I was a very ugly baby," she replied, hoping that it came of as a bit of a joke rather than something serious. Genevieve tutted at her in return, but the madly twitching corners of her mouth betrayed the fact that she was trying not to smile.

Turning her attention back to Gabriel, she inclined her head. "If course it's difficult for you to get time off. I remember exactly how hard it was when you're posted out on a starship rather than a stationary post."

"You have family on Earth, Mr Arthur?" Xavier asked, the corners of his eyes crinkling in amusement as he watched the little blond girl feeding her father.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel smiled slightly at the thought of having known her grandparents through her childhood and wondered if that would have made any difference in terms of how she had grown up, what choices she had made.

"I'm not so sure.  I was a very ugly baby," she replied, hoping that it came of as a bit of a joke rather than something serious.  Genevieve tutted at her in return, but the madly twitching corners of her mouth betrayed the fact that she was trying not to smile.

Turning her attention back to Gabriel, she inclined her head.  "If course it's difficult for you to get time off.  I remember exactly how hard it was when you're posted out on a starship rather than a stationary post."

"You have family on Earth, Mr Arthur?" Xavier asked, the corners of his eyes crinkling in amusement as he watched the little blond girl feeding her father.  

"Nuh-uh!" Aria said, her pink cheeks aflush with indignation. She held out a new cookie for her mother, waving it like a baton. "Mommy's not ugly! She is pretty." Gabriel laughed, nodding. "I gotta agree with the little one."

He brushed a few long strands of curls, tucking them behind Aria's pointed ear. "I do," he said, answering Xavier's question. "Dad's side is from North America, in southwestern Virginia. Arthurs have been been rooted there for about six hundred years." Gabe was silent for a moment, continuing. "My uncle, David, was a Starfleet officer. He was lost when I was a boy...in the Cardassian War."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:51 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Nuh-uh!" Aria said, her pink cheeks aflush with indignation.  She held out a new cookie for her mother, waving it like a baton.  "Mommy's not ugly!  She is pretty."  Gabriel laughed, nodding.  "I gotta agree with the little one."  

He brushed a few long strands of curls, tucking them behind Aria's pointed ear.  "I do," he said, answering Xavier's question.  "Dad's side is from North America, in southwestern Virginia.  Arthurs have been been rooted there for about six hundred years."  Gabe was silent for a moment, continuing.  "My uncle, David, was a Starfleet officer.  He was lost when I was a boy...in the Cardassian War."

"I got better," Archangel replied with a smile, pulling Aria into her lap and taking a small bite of the little girl's proffered cookie. She then looked beyond Aria, to Gabriel, reaching out to squeeze his hand. He had never really talked about his uncle, nor had the family when they had visited. While she had never been sure why, she had always just put it down to an unwillingness to speak of the dead.

Xavier nodded, his expression slightly troubled. "I suppose that's the lot of Starfleet families, losing those we love to accidents and conflicts, and yet it still calls to us. Something about the unknown of space and working to better our understanding."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Gabriel only nodded, returning Archangel's hand-squeeze and giving her a quick smile. "I suppose it is, at that," he agreed. The danger weighed heavily on his mind and heart, especially since Seika's injury so long ago. It was a question he asked himself every day - were they doing the right thing, trying to raise these girls in space? As terrible as destabilization of government was...a part of Gabriel found himself wishing that the situation with the Romulan Empire would change so drastically that Intel wouldn't need to bury their hooks so much into Archangel. Then, they would have a little more control over their own destiny. "But, as the war showed us...it can be just as dangerous living on Earth."

Shaking his head, Gabriel smiled apologetically. "I don't mean to drag the tone down. Sorry..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel only nodded, returning Archangel's hand-squeeze and giving her a quick smile. "I suppose it is, at that," he agreed. The danger weighed heavily on his mind and heart, especially since Seika's injury so long ago. It was a question he asked himself every day - were they doing the right thing, trying to raise these girls in space? As terrible as destabilization of government was...a part of Gabriel found himself wishing that the situation with the Romulan Empire would change so drastically that Intel wouldn't need to bury their hooks so much into Archangel. Then, they would have a little more control over their own destiny. "But, as the war showed us...it can be just as dangerous living on Earth."

Shaking his head, Gabriel smiled apologetically. "I don't mean to drag the tone down. Sorry..."

Archangel looked to Gabriel, offering him a small smile. Their life in Starfleet had been far from the ideal, what with Seika being injured all those years ago, and her involvement with the less savoury sides of Starfleet and the Romulan Empire. Since his return from medical leave, she had been doing her best to shield him from those elements, not telling him when they reared their ugly heads and generally trying to pretend that everything was as normal as it could be.

"Nonsense," Genevieve tutted. "Living is a risk in itself. Might as well spend it doing something you enjoy rather than hiding away, trying to achieve the impossible." Clapping her hands as if to dispel the topic, she then smiled at the little family. "So, would you like to stay for dinner? Xavier was going to fire up the barbecue and he does enjoy spreading the food around!"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel looked to Gabriel, offering him a small smile.  Their life in Starfleet had been far from the ideal, what with Seika being injured all those years ago, and her involvement with the less savoury sides of Starfleet and the Romulan Empire.  Since his return from medical leave, she had been doing her best to shield him from those elements, not telling him when they reared their ugly heads and generally trying to pretend that everything was as normal as it could be.

"Nonsense," Genevieve tutted.  "Living is a risk in itself.  Might as well spend it doing something you enjoy rather than hiding away, trying to achieve the impossible."  Clapping her hands as if to dispel the topic, she then smiled at the little family.  "So, would you like to stay for dinner?  Xavier was going to fire up the barbecue and he does enjoy spreading the food around!"

"Barbecue, huh?" Gabriel replied, appreciative of the sudden change in topic. Knowing what he did about the reality of Archangel's situation...well, there honestly wasn't a lot they could do about it. Painful, yes - but true. "I can give you a hand with that if you want."

Seika hopped off the couch, clinging to her father's leg until he picked her up. He noted that she was starting to get too big to pick up much, anymore. "Can we have ice cream, too? If Aria is good." The blonde toddler threw up her hands, a cookie flying across the room. "Ice cream!"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Barbecue, huh?" Gabriel replied, appreciative of the sudden change in topic.  Knowing what he did about the reality of Archangel's situation...well, there honestly wasn't a lot they could do about it.  Painful, yes - but true.  "I can give you a hand with that if you want."

Seika hopped off the couch, clinging to her father's leg until he picked her up.  He noted that she was starting to get too big to pick up much, anymore.  "Can we have ice cream, too?  If Aria is good."  The blonde toddler threw up her hands, a cookie flying across the room.  "Ice cream!"

Genevieve couldn't help but smile at the two little girls. It was obvious that they had a preference for a particular treat, but even if she did want to become an indulgent great-grandmother to them, there still had to be a fine line of discipline to walk.

"Ice cream can certainly be arranged, but you'll have to finish your dinner first!" she chided, smiling warmly at the pair. Xavier pushed himself to his feet, nodding to Gabriel.

"I'll take you up on that offer, Mr Arthur," he said. "We can take the girls out with us and let them play in the garden while Genevieve gets the sides ready."

"I can give you a hand in the kitchen, if you like," Archangel added, looking to her grandmother, who smiled and nodded.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I'll take you up on that offer, Mr Arthur," he said.  "We can take the girls out with us and let them play in the garden while Genevieve gets the sides ready."

"I can give you a hand in the kitchen, if you like," Archangel added, looking to her grandmother, who smiled and nodded.  

Scooping Aria up, Gabriel settled her so that he could reach down and take Seika's hand, too. The older girl had always been pretty good about not being too jealous of Aria consuming her parents' time, as often happened when a younger baby came along. Still, he tried to distribute his attention equally among them.

The garden was a nice little area, closed in and safe to deposit the children in. His natural mistrust of any unknown presence in Archangel's life was starting to dispel, thankfully. Gabe hated feeling that way. It was anathema to his usual nature, but events with his wife had shaped his thinking.

"Thank you all for your hospitality," he said, helping Xavier with the grill. "I have to admit, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Our only interaction with a member of Archangel's family wasn't a positive experience." He left out his usual epithets of 'vile', 'contemptible', 'slime-devil'...after all, the woman was their daughter.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:42 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Scooping Aria up, Gabriel settled her so that he could reach down and take Seika's hand, too.  The older girl had always been pretty good about not being too jealous of Aria consuming her parents' time, as often happened when a younger baby came along.  Still, he tried to distribute his attention equally among them.

The garden was a nice little area, closed in and safe to deposit the children in.  His natural mistrust of any unknown presence in Archangel's life was starting to dispel, thankfully.  Gabe hated feeling that way.  It was anathema to his usual nature, but events with his wife had shaped his thinking.

"Thank you all for your hospitality," he said, helping Xavier with the grill.  "I have to admit, I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Our only interaction with a member of Archangel's family wasn't a positive experience."  He left out his usual epithets of 'vile', 'contemptible', 'slime-devil'...after all, the woman was their daughter.

Pulling the grill from the barbecue and setting it aside, Xavier started to lay the bed of coals and kindling. He didn't believe in using any of the modern, artificial means of cooking his food, especially not when he had the choice of using far more flavourful methods. With a quick poke of a firestarter, the kindling caught, starting to burn.

He was quiet for a moment after Gabriel had spoken, watching Aria toddling off across his carefully tended grass. There wasn't much for them to do in the way of toys, but he hoped that they would have enough space in the half-acre of garden to run around and play with their imaginations.

"I imagine it wasn't," he replied slowly before he sighed. "She was always rather difficult, even as a child. Hardly surprising though since Amanda always seemed to push her out of the spotlight."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Pulling the grill from the barbecue and setting it aside, Xavier started to lay the bed of coals and kindling.  He didn't believe in using any of the modern, artificial means of cooking his food, especially not when he had the choice of using far more flavourful methods.  With a quick poke of a firestarter, the kindling caught, starting to burn.

He was quiet for a moment after Gabriel had spoken, watching Aria toddling off across his carefully tended grass.  There wasn't much for them to do in the way of toys, but he hoped that they would have enough space in the half-acre of garden to run around and play with their imaginations.  

"I imagine it wasn't," he replied slowly before he sighed.  "She was always rather difficult, even as a child.  Hardly surprising though since Amanda always seemed to push her out of the spotlight."

Difficult. That was like saying that the Dominion were ambitious land speculators, but Gabriel let the understatement pass. He wasn't interested in listing this man's daughter's many hang-ups. Obviously the 'compassionate listener' genes had gone to his sister, but Gabriel knew that everyone had their story. Even a woman that had literally signed away her position as Archangel's parent.

"Amanda...that would be a sister?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Difficult.  That was like saying that the Dominion were ambitious land speculators, but Gabriel let the understatement pass.  He wasn't interested in listing this man's daughter's many hang-ups.  Obviously the 'compassionate listener' genes had gone to his sister, but Gabriel knew that everyone had their story.  Even a woman that had literally signed away her position as Archangel's parent.

"Amanda...that would be a sister?"

Prodding at the coals, Xavier was quiet for a moment, seemingly trying to put the words together to answer Gabriel's question. Such a simple question it was, but such a difficult subject.

"Amanda was Mary-Claire's twin," he said, giving the coals a particularly strong jab with a stick. "They were very close as children, even when their interests differed as teenagers. Amanda was always so very artistic, but Mary-Claire took an interest in law and science." Looking up, he offered Gabriel a slight smile. "That was a long time ago, though. Archangel's the spitting image of her though, minus the Vulcanoid influence, of course."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Prodding at the coals, Xavier was quiet for a moment, seemingly trying to put the words together to answer Gabriel's question.  Such a simple question it was, but such a difficult subject.

"Amanda was Mary-Claire's twin," he said, giving the coals a particularly strong jab with a stick.  "They were very close as children, even when their interests differed as teenagers.  Amanda was always so very artistic, but Mary-Claire took an interest in law and science."  Looking up, he offered Gabriel a slight smile.  "That was a long time ago, though.  Archangel's the spitting image of her though, minus the Vulcanoid influence, of course."

The fact that Xavier was speaking of Amanda in the past sense was a clear indicator that, for whatever reason, the woman wasn't around any more. Gabriel could only assume the worst. It seemed that twins ran in Archangel's bloodline, knowing that his wife had lost Seika's brother during her first pregnancy. Aria had broken that trend, but...well, her birth had been under anything but 'usual' circumstances.

"Did something happen to her?" he quietly asked, his attention involuntarily moving over to where the girls were playing.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
The fact that Xavier was speaking of Amanda in the past sense was a clear indicator that, for whatever reason, the woman wasn't around any more.  Gabriel could only assume the worst.  It seemed that twins ran in Archangel's bloodline, knowing that his wife had lost Seika's brother during her first pregnancy.  Aria had broken that trend, but...well, her birth had been under anything but 'usual' circumstances.

"Did something happen to her?" he quietly asked, his attention involuntarily moving over to where the girls were playing.

Following the line of Gabriel's gaze, Xavier watched as Seika found the tree swing that he had put up for his own girls all those years ago, when they had still been interested in such things. His great-granddaughter seemed to be delighted with the find, clambering on to the seat and starting to swing while Aria giggled and clapped her hands as she watched.

"Amanda was living in the Omicron Theta colony in 2336," he said quietly.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Following the line of Gabriel's gaze, Xavier watched as Seika found the tree swing that he had put up for his own girls all those years ago, when they had still been interested in such things.  His great-granddaughter seemed to be delighted with the find, clambering on to the seat and starting to swing while Aria giggled and clapped her hands as she watched.

"Amanda was living in the Omicron Theta colony in 2336," he said quietly.

Once Seika had regained her full mobility, nothing could slow her down. It seemed as if she continually felt like she had to make up for lost time. Today was no different.

Earth history was Gabriel's history, but he was knowledgeable enough to know that Omicron Theta had been wiped out by a massive entity made of crystal, the same of which was famously encountered by the USS Enterprise, in yet another series of contacts which were taught in Academy courses.

"I'm sorry," he said. There wasn't much else to say. "Archangel had twins, too. Seika had a brother. He didn't survive birth." The coals were burning, and soon they would be cooked down enough to put the meat on. "Seika isn't mine, biologically. I don't know where her father is."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Once Seika had regained her full mobility, nothing could slow her down.  It seemed as if she continually felt like she had to make up for lost time.  Today was no different.  

Earth history was Gabriel's history, but he was knowledgeable enough to know that Omicron Theta had been wiped out by a massive entity made of crystal, the same of which was famously encountered by the USS Enterprise, in yet another series of contacts which were taught in Academy courses.  

"I'm sorry," he said.  There wasn't much else to say.  "Archangel had twins, too.  Seika had a brother.  He didn't survive birth."  The coals were burning, and soon they would be cooked down enough to put the meat on.  "Seika isn't mine, biologically.  I don't know where her father is."

Even though he had been the one to bring up the subject of his lost daughter initially, it was still something or a relief to hear Gabriel changing it to slightly lighter topics.

"You wouldn't think it to look at your family," he noted in reply. "There's a lot of classified information in your files that I can't even begin to guess at. I can tell that Aria takes very much after you, but Seika was more difficult. She looks very much like her mother, if I'm honest." He turned to look at Gabriel. "I'm sorry to hear about Seika's brother. Her father, less so. I can see that you dote on her and she adores you."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Even though he had been the one to bring up the subject of his lost daughter initially, it was still something or a relief to hear Gabriel changing it to slightly lighter topics.  

"You wouldn't think it to look at your family," he noted in reply.  "There's a lot of classified information in your files that I can't even begin to guess at.  I can tell that Aria takes very much after you, but Seika was more difficult.  She looks very much like her mother, if I'm honest."  He turned to look at Gabriel.  "I'm sorry to hear about Seika's brother.  Her father, less so.  I can see that you dote on her and she adores you."

There was a lot of classified info in their files that even he didn't know about, Gabriel was sure. "Julian," he quietly said. "Her son, not Seika's father. I won't give honor to that man's name by speaking it," Gabriel added, chuckling slightly. He turned his attention to the coals, poking at them. "Arch doesn't speak of either things very much. I've always tried to treat Seika as if she were my own. I don't think she remembers enough of her father to miss him, and she isn't of the age to start asking a lot of questions yet." His next smile was a happier one. "And all Aria knows is that 'Ika' is her sister."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
There was a lot of classified info in their files that even he didn't know about, Gabriel was sure.  "Julian," he quietly said.  "Her son, not Seika's father.  I won't give honor to that man's name by speaking it," Gabriel added, chuckling slightly.  He turned his attention to the coals, poking at them.  "Arch doesn't speak of either things very much.  I've always tried to treat Seika as if she were my own.  I don't think she remembers enough of her father to miss him, and she isn't of the age to start asking a lot of questions yet."  His next smile was a happier one.  "And all Aria knows is that 'Ika' is her sister."  

"I suspect that she won't question her biological father much. You seem to have become her real father. After all, had you not told me, I don't think I would have guessed," Xavier offered. "When Genevieve and I were looking into Archangel's file, it certainly had Aria listed as family, with your name as the father, but there was no father on file for Seika. I suppose she must have wanted to keep it that way."

Before he could say much more, the two men were joined by their wives, both of whom were carrying a myriad of dishes filled with all kinds of sides which they laid out on the heavy glass round table on the patio. Automatically, Archangel's eyes scanned the environment, seeking out Gabriel and their girls, the slight tension in her shoulders was erased as all three of them were accounted for.

Smiling slightly at Gabriel, she picked up a large plate of raw meats, carrying it over to the barbecue so that they could start cooking, placing a discreet kiss to his cheek as she did.

"How's it going?" she asked quietly.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I suspect that she won't question her biological father much.  You seem to have become her real father.  After all, had you not told me, I don't think I would have guessed," Xavier offered.  "When Genevieve and I were looking into Archangel's file, it certainly had Aria listed as family, with your name as the father, but there was no father on file for Seika.  I suppose she must have wanted to keep it that way."

Before he could say much more, the two men were joined by their wives, both of whom were carrying a myriad of dishes filled with all kinds of sides which they laid out on the heavy glass round table on the patio.  Automatically, Archangel's eyes scanned the environment, seeking out Gabriel and their girls, the slight tension in her shoulders was erased as all three of them were accounted for.

Smiling slightly at Gabriel, she picked up a large plate of raw meats, carrying it over to the barbecue so that they could start cooking, placing a discreet kiss to his cheek as she did.

"How's it going?" she asked quietly.

Gabriel hadn't a clue as to where Seika's father was. The last time he'd seen the man, Gabe had threatened to crack his bald head like an egg. So...yeah. Less seen of him, the better. "I suppose she did, at that," he quietly said. Thankfully, Archangel and her grandmother's re-appearance saved him from having to think about one Dr. Stafford any more. He'd rather think about Klingon acupuncture.

"Wonderful," he replied, returning her kiss. "How could it be anything but that, when you're here?" A cheesy line, of course...but he figured that was one of the things she liked about him. After all, she'd put up with it for years, now.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel hadn't a clue as to where Seika's father was.  The last time he'd seen the man, Gabe had threatened to crack his bald head like an egg.  So...yeah.  Less seen of him, the better.  "I suppose she did, at that," he quietly said.  Thankfully, Archangel and her grandmother's re-appearance saved him from having to think about one Dr. Stafford any more.  He'd rather think about Klingon acupuncture.

"Wonderful," he replied, returning her kiss.  "How could it be anything but that, when you're here?"  A cheesy line, of course...but he figured that was one of the things she liked about him.  After all, she'd put up with it for years, now.  

Rolling her eyes at her husband, Archangel tapped his nose in playful chastisement. He was adorable when he spoke like that, words that generally made her blush a pale green. Before she could come up with a reply, however, Xavier herded them toward the table, insisting that they sit down while he finished off cooking the meat.

Genevieve had already corralled the girls to the table and provided them with cups of juice while they waited on the rest of the food. Looking up at her granddaughter and grandson-in-law, she smiled. "What can I get you to drink?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Rolling her eyes at her husband, Archangel tapped his nose in playful chastisement.  He was adorable when he spoke like that, words that generally made her blush a pale green.  Before she could come up with a reply, however, Xavier herded them toward the table, insisting that they sit down while he finished off cooking the meat.

Genevieve had already corralled the girls to the table and provided them with cups of juice while they waited on the rest of the food.  Looking up at her granddaughter and grandson-in-law, she smiled.  "What can I get you to drink?"

Gabe allowed himself to be shooed to the table with good grace, giving Archangel's hand a quick squeeze along the way. He was happy for her, happy that she could have a moment like this, a good time with family. Such things were so rare for her, and something that he almost took for granted.

"Tea'll be fine for me. Cold, no sweet." He helped settle the girls into their seats, too, as the rest of the drink orders were taken up. "Is there going to be ice cream?" Seika asked, her little feet kicking under her chair in excitement. "I'm asking for Aria, of course. Babies like ice cream." Hearing her name, Aria beamed happily.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe allowed himself to be shooed to the table with good grace, giving Archangel's hand a quick squeeze along the way.  He was happy for her, happy that she could have a moment like this, a good time with family.  Such things were so rare for her, and something that he almost took for granted.  

"Tea'll be fine for me.  Cold, no sweet."  He helped settle the girls into their seats, too, as the rest of the drink orders were taken up.  "Is there going to be ice cream?" Seika asked, her little feet kicking under her chair in excitement.  "I'm asking for Aria, of course.  Babies like ice cream."  Hearing her name, Aria beamed happily.  

Two glasses of cold tea were put down in front of Gabriel and Archangel before Genevieve took a seat herself, smiling down at Seika. Archangel watched this interaction closely, still a little unsure about the fact that she suddenly had family coming out of the bulkheads with no strings attached.

"If your mother and father say that you can have ice cream, then you will have ice cream," she replied to the eldest of her great-granddaughters. At that deflection, Seika immediately turned her eyes to Gabriel, knowing that he was more likely to acquiesce to her request than her mother was.

Xavier served up the first round of meat, reaching over Aria before either parent could in order to cut up the sausage she had requested into more manageable pieces for the toddler.

"Do you plan to have any more children?" Genevieve asked, turning her attention back to the two Starfleet officers.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Two glasses of cold tea were put down in front of Gabriel and Archangel before Genevieve took a seat herself, smiling down at Seika.  Archangel watched this interaction closely, still a little unsure about the fact that she suddenly had family coming out of the bulkheads with no strings attached.

"If your mother and father say that you can have ice cream, then you will have ice cream," she replied to the eldest of her great-granddaughters.  At that deflection, Seika immediately turned her eyes to Gabriel, knowing that he was more likely to acquiesce to her request than her mother was.

Xavier served up the first round of meat, reaching over Aria before either parent could in order to cut up the sausage she had requested into more manageable pieces for the toddler.  

"Do you plan to have any more children?" Genevieve asked, turning her attention back to the two Starfleet officers.

Gabe opened his mouth, and then shrugged. He flashed a quick and apologetic grin to Archangel, along with a playful wink. "How can I say 'no' to ice cream? You and your sister have been good." He knew that he was a softie for Seika's blue eyes. She'd be quite dangerous when she learned that fact. If she didn't already...

He did cough up a small sip of tea at Genevieve's next question. Well. To the point... "Uh. Well," he said, noting that Seika was now watching with interest. It was a topic he and Archangel had discussed before, if only a few times. "We're not in any hurry. What with these two," he grinned, brushing Aria's blonde curls, "and the ship."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Today at 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: