Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe opened his mouth, and then shrugged.  He flashed a quick and apologetic grin to Archangel, along with a playful wink.  "How can I say 'no' to ice cream?  You and your sister have been good."  He knew that he was a softie for Seika's blue eyes.  She'd be quite dangerous when she learned that fact.  If she didn't already...

He did cough up a small sip of tea at Genevieve's next question.  Well.  To the point...  "Uh.  Well," he said, noting that Seika was now watching with interest.  It was a topic he and Archangel had discussed before, if only a few times.  "We're not in any hurry.  What with these two," he grinned, brushing Aria's blonde curls, "and the ship."

Archangel playfully rolled her eyes at Gabriel, having already known the answer before he said anything.  He was notoriously soft with his girls.  To be fair to him, he was making an effort not to be quite such a push over now that he was their father rather than just a family friend.

Thankfully, she hadn't just taken a sip of her drink when Genevieve spoke, but she did fumble her fork, which she had been using to play with a lettuce leaf on her plate.  Tucking her hair behind one pointed ear, Archangel glanced briefly at Gabriel, nodding along with his answer.

"Yes, we rather have our hands full at the moment," she agreed, although in the back of her mind she was wondering how on Earth or Romulus she was going to bring up a question that had been nagging at her for a few days.  That had to wait, however, until they were alone.  "Seika and Aria cause quite enough trouble on their own without adding a third partner in crime!"  She did smile fondly at her family.  "One day, maybe we'll have another little one."  One that's his, without the genetic engineering.

Genevieve nodded understandingly, taking a sip of her drink. "Understandable. Looking after a ship and a family can't be easy. I retired from the SCE and took a stationary position when I had my girls. I didn't think I could handle it all, so I take my hat off to you that you've made it work."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel playfully rolled her eyes at Gabriel, having already known the answer before he said anything.  He was notoriously soft with his girls.  To be fair to him, he was making an effort not to be quite such a push over now that he was their father rather than just a family friend.

Thankfully, she hadn't just taken a sip of her drink when Genevieve spoke, but she did fumble her fork, which she had been using to play with a lettuce leaf on her plate.  Tucking her hair behind one pointed ear, Archangel glanced briefly at Gabriel, nodding along with his answer.

"Yes, we rather have our hands full at the moment," she agreed, although in the back of her mind she was wondering how on Earth or Romulus she was going to bring up a question that had been nagging at her for a few days.  That had to wait, however, until they were alone.  "Seika and Aria cause quite enough trouble on their own without adding a third partner in crime!"  She did smile fondly at her family.  "One day, maybe we'll have another little one."  One that's his, without the genetic engineering.

Genevieve nodded understandingly, taking a sip of her drink.  "Understandable.  Looking after a ship and a family can't be easy.  I retired from the SCE and took a stationary position when I had my girls.  I didn't think I could handle it all, so I take my hat off to you that you've made it work."

Had they made it work? Given the circumstances, Gabriel supposed that they had, so far. It still nagged him, though - the thought that perhaps they were putting their own desire for a Starfleet career in front of the safety of their children. Of course, the Dominion War had shown that not even Earth was safe, but...it was a hell of a lot safer than ship life.

"Yes," Gabe agreed, slipping his hand into Archangel's under the table. "One day." Seika looked up, frowning. "Arry is still a baby. I don't think we need more babies!" Aria giggled, pointing her little finger at her sister. "No, Ika is a baby, too!"

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Had they made it work?  Given the circumstances, Gabriel supposed that they had, so far.  It still nagged him, though - the thought that perhaps they were putting their own desire for a Starfleet career in front of the safety of their children.  Of course, the Dominion War had shown that not even Earth was safe, but...it was a hell of a lot safer than ship life.

"Yes," Gabe agreed, slipping his hand into Archangel's under the table.  "One day."  Seika looked up, frowning.  "Arry is still a baby.  I don't think we need more babies!"  Aria giggled, pointing her little finger at her sister.  "No, Ika is a baby, too!"

Feeling Gabriel's hand on hers, Archangel moved her hand to squeeze his gently. There were times when she wanted to retire from Starfleet, take her family back to Earth or whatever planet took their fancy and simply enjoy life, but that wasn't on the cards for her, not at that moment. Gabriel going back to Earth with the girls for a few short months had also shown her that she couldn't bear to be parted from them like that again.

The argument brewing between the girls broke Archangel out of that cycle of thoughts, a faint smile tugging at her lips despite the stern face she was attempting to hold.

"Now, you two, you know that you'll still be babies to your father and I even when you're old and grey," she teased, reaching over to her youngest to try to get her interested in her food again rather than starting a fight with her sister.

"Would you ever consider a ground assignment, or a stationary one?" Genevieve asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Feeling Gabriel's hand on hers, Archangel moved her hand to squeeze his gently.  There were times when she wanted to retire from Starfleet, take her family back to Earth or whatever planet took their fancy and simply enjoy life, but that wasn't on the cards for her, not at that moment.  Gabriel going back to Earth with the girls for a few short months had also shown her that she couldn't bear to be parted from them like that again.

The argument brewing between the girls broke Archangel out of that cycle of thoughts, a faint smile tugging at her lips despite the stern face she was attempting to hold.

"Now, you two, you know that you'll still be babies to your father and I even when you're old and grey," she teased, reaching over to her youngest to try to get her interested in her food again rather than starting a fight with her sister.  

"Would you ever consider a ground assignment, or a stationary one?" Genevieve asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.  

Seika looked as if she was going to go cross-eyed trying to figure out what her mother meant by that, exactly. "Mummy, that's funny. Whoever heard of a grey-haired baby!" Gabe laughed, rolling his eyes as he ruffled Seika's hair. "You two certainly give us enough grey hairs," he said, taking a drink of his tea.

The question about a ground assignment made Gabriel ponder. He knew what the answer was, for Archangel, at least. There were still forces at play that demanded she be in a shipboard assignment. That, and...well. Starship captains were a restless bunch, even though she claimed to still be an engineer at heart. It suddenly occurred to Gabriel that he didn't have a good answer for it. "If the timing was right, I suppose," he answered.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:35 pm

[That Evening]

With the girls tucked into bed at the hotel they had decided to stay in, Archangel and Gabriel finally had some time to themselves to relax. Genevieve had offered to let them stay with them for the night, but there was only so far Archangel's trust ran for the moment. Staying overnight after just meeting them was not something that her paranoia was willing to accept. As it was, she had already checked the locks in the girls room several times and had made sure that the interconnecting door between their rooms could either be opened quickly or potentially crashed though in an emergency.

For now, she looked out over the lights of the city as she unraveled her plait, taking in the sight of a web of street lamps, a star field in their own right. Gabriel was getting ready for bed in the bathroom, leaving her in silence with her own thoughts. The question she had been meaning to ask for the last few days still burned at the back of her mind, demanding to be revealed, but how? It was so much to ask of him.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[That Evening]

With the girls tucked into bed at the hotel they had decided to stay in, Archangel and Gabriel finally had some time to themselves to relax.   Genevieve had offered to let them stay with them for the night, but there was only so far Archangel's trust ran for the moment.  Staying overnight after just meeting them was not something that her paranoia was willing to accept.  As it was, she had already checked the locks in the girls room several times and had made sure that the interconnecting door between their rooms could either be opened quickly or potentially crashed though in an emergency.

For now, she looked out over the lights of the city as she unraveled her plait, taking in the sight of a web of street lamps, a star field in their own right.  Gabriel was getting ready for bed in the bathroom, leaving her in silence with her own thoughts.  The question she had been meaning to ask for the last few days still burned at the back of her mind, demanding to be revealed, but how?  It was so much to ask of him.

It had certainly been an...eventful...day. Gabriel stretched as he wandered out of the bathroom, clad in his pajama pants. It had taken some doing getting the girls down for the night. Being in a strange place, plus the excitement of meeting their new great-grandparents had gotten them riled up. Well, that, and the ice cream...

Gabriel smiled softly as he approached his wife, watching her for a moment as she worked at her hair. Not for the first time did he wish he could get inside her head, find out what was on her mind. Maybe find a way to lift some of the continual stress off her shoulders.

He approached from the side, quietly stepping up close and wrapping his arm around her waist. "Girls are still quiet," he said, nuzzling a kiss on her neck. "Your grandparents certainly seem nice."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
It had certainly been an...eventful...day.  Gabriel stretched as he wandered out of the bathroom, clad in his pajama pants.  It had taken some doing getting the girls down for the night.  Being in a strange place, plus the excitement of meeting their new great-grandparents had gotten them riled up.  Well, that, and the ice cream...

Gabriel smiled softly as he approached his wife, watching her for a moment as she worked at her hair.  Not for the first time did he wish he could get inside her head, find out what was on her mind.  Maybe find a way to lift some of the continual stress off her shoulders.  

He approached from the side, quietly stepping up close and wrapping his arm around her waist.  "Girls are still quiet," he said, nuzzling a kiss on her neck.  "Your grandparents certainly seem nice."

So lost in her thoughts, Archangel jumped slightly at the feeling of arms around her waist, but quickly relaxed again, resting lightly against him, closing her eyes with a faint smile. With his familiar presence and scent washing over her, she always felt safe and at peace.

"They did. I can't believe my mother never told them about me," she replied. Part of her wondered how different things could have been if they had known. How different she would have been had she known that she had living family who would love her despite her impure blood. "I'm looking forward to getting to know them better, even if it's a little late on in life."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

So lost in her thoughts, Archangel jumped slightly at the feeling of arms around her waist, but quickly relaxed again, resting lightly against him, closing her eyes with a faint smile.  With his familiar presence and scent washing over her, she always felt safe and at peace.

"They did.  I can't believe my mother never told them about me," she replied.  Part of her wondered how different things could have been if they had known.  How different she would have been had she known that she had living family who would love her despite her impure blood.  "I'm looking forward to getting to know them better, even if it's a little late on in life."

"I can believe she didn't," Gabe grumbled, his face screwing up like he bit into something sour. Thoughts of his mother-in-law tended to do that. Well, technically, Walker wasn't his actual mother-in-law, seeing as how the vile woman had officially severed legal ties with Archangel. Still.

He reached up and brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face, kissing Archangel on the forehead. "So...when are you gonna tell me what's also on your mind?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I can believe she didn't," Gabe grumbled, his face screwing up like he bit into something sour.  Thoughts of his mother-in-law tended to do that.  Well, technically, Walker wasn't his actual mother-in-law, seeing as how the vile woman had officially severed legal ties with Archangel.  Still.

He reached up and brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face, kissing Archangel on the forehead.  "So...when are you gonna tell me what's also on your mind?"

The faint smile on Archangel's face grew a little larger as she felt Gabriel's fingers brush the tips of her ear, sending pleasant shivers down her spine. Sometimes she wondered why she didn't just cut her hair into a more traditional Romulan fashion, but feeling Gabriel's fingers through it gave her a definite reason to keep it long.

When he brought up the subject of something else bothering her, she pulled a guilty face. Apparently, he was getting better and better at reading her, even when she tried to be as impassive as possible. It was perhaps time to start working on improving her poker face.

"Was it that obvious?" she asked before sighing quietly. "I'm concerned about Zero."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The faint smile on Archangel's face grew a little larger as she felt Gabriel's fingers brush the tips of her ear, sending pleasant shivers down her spine.  Sometimes she wondered why she didn't just cut her hair into a more traditional Romulan fashion, but feeling Gabriel's fingers through it gave her a definite reason to keep it long.

When he brought up the subject of something else bothering her, she pulled a guilty face.  Apparently, he was getting better and better at reading her, even when she tried to be as impassive as possible.  It was perhaps time to start working on improving her poker face.

"Was it that obvious?" she asked before sighing quietly.  "I'm concerned about Zero."

Gabriel had to smile at his wife's reaction to having her ears touched. He often did that on purpose, just because he knew the pleasure it gave her. Still, this time had been on accident, but it amused him nonetheless. She was a puzzle most times, but sometimes he knew how to figure her out.

But not this time.

"Zero...Alpha?" he confusedly asked. It was a dumb question - of course she meant the doctor. What other Zero did they know? "Is she okay? Is there a problem with the baby?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel had to smile at his wife's reaction to having her ears touched.  He often did that on purpose, just because he knew the pleasure it gave her.  Still, this time had been on accident, but it amused him nonetheless.  She was a puzzle most times, but sometimes he knew how to figure her out.

But not this time.

"Zero...Alpha?" he confusedly asked.  It was a dumb question - of course she meant the doctor.  What other Zero did they know?  "Is she okay?  Is there a problem with the baby?"

Turning to look back out of the window at the web of streetlights, Archangel sighed quietly, folding one arm over her stomach while the other hand came up to rub the back of her neck. The matter had weighed on her mind since the encounter as she struggled to know how to deal with it.

"She came to see me a few days ago about the baby, actually. She wanted any advice I had to give on trying to raise them, especially from the early years. Apparently, after seeing how we raised the girls, she wants the same kind of childhood for her daughter." Archangel looked back to Gabriel. "She's terrified, e'lev. She can't produce any milk for the baby even with hormone supplements and Jiseth's not here to support her."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Turning to look back out of the window at the web of streetlights, Archangel sighed quietly, folding one arm over her stomach while the other hand came up to rub the back of her neck.  The matter had weighed on her mind since the encounter as she struggled to know how to deal with it.

"She came to see me a few days ago about the baby, actually.  She wanted any advice I had to give on trying to raise them, especially from the early years.  Apparently, after seeing how we raised the girls, she wants the same kind of childhood for her daughter."  Archangel looked back to Gabriel.  "She's terrified, e'lev.  She can't produce any milk for the baby even with hormone supplements and Jiseth's not here to support her."

If Zero Alpha thought that their family was anything remotely 'normal', than God help her. Still, considering what the girl had been through, and the kind of life she had known...the controlled chaos of the Arthur-T'Koris relationship might seem like safe haven after all.

"Replicated formula works just as well," he idly said. "But you could have told her that. You want to help her somehow, don't you?" He shrugged. "I guess we kinda have a duty. No matter how ridiculous her reasons for wanting the baby, she's still just a kid. What do you have in mind?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
If Zero Alpha thought that their family was anything remotely 'normal', than God help her.  Still, considering what the girl had been through, and the kind of life she had known...the controlled chaos of the Arthur-T'Koris relationship might seem like safe haven after all.

"Replicated formula works just as well," he idly said.  "But you could have told her that.  You want to help her somehow, don't you?"  He shrugged.  "I guess we kinda have a duty.  No matter how ridiculous her reasons for wanting the baby, she's still just a kid.  What do you have in mind?"

"I guess I feel somewhat responsible since I'm supposed to be helping her get out from under Medical's thumb," Archangel admitted quietly before taking a deep breath. "You're right, I do want to help her. Raising a child will not only force her to grow up herself, but she'll learn with her daughter how to interact with her environment. For that, though, she's going to need a guide with some experience raising children." Now looking distinctly uncomfortable, not meeting Gabriel's gaze as she looked down and to the left, she continued. "I thought that... that maybe... I wondered if it would be possible to... somehow... I don't know, foster them?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I guess I feel somewhat responsible since I'm supposed to be helping her get out from under Medical's thumb," Archangel admitted quietly before taking a deep breath.  "You're right, I do want to help her.  Raising a child will not only force her to grow up herself, but she'll learn with her daughter how to interact with her environment.  For that, though, she's going to need a guide with some experience raising children."  Now looking distinctly uncomfortable, not meeting Gabriel's gaze as she looked down and to the left, she continued.  "I thought that... that maybe...  I wondered if it would be possible to... somehow... I don't know, foster them?"

Foster them? Well. Gabriel had to admit...he certainly didn't expect this. Give Zero advice, yes. Godparent her child, maybe...but foster? Gabe wondered what the legal ramifications of that would be. He still didn't know exactly how to feel about Jiseth's seeming abandonment of her child. Granted, Zero had created the baby as a unilateral decision, but that still didn't exonerate the Romulan of duties. It certainly didn't remove her law-given rights.

That was a problem for another time. For now...he reached over, touching Archangle under the chin, bringing her eyes to his. "If you feel it's the best for her, we'll do it. I think Zero needs to be closer to her child than that, though. Perhaps we can modularize one of the connecting rooms." He took a breath, and then smiled, sounding more sure than he felt. "I'm sure the girls will dote on the little baby."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:43 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Foster them?  Well.  Gabriel had to admit...he certainly didn't expect this.  Give Zero advice, yes.  Godparent her child, maybe...but foster?  Gabe wondered what the legal ramifications of that would be.  He still didn't know exactly how to feel about Jiseth's seeming abandonment of her child.  Granted, Zero had created the baby as a unilateral decision, but that still didn't exonerate the Romulan of duties.  It certainly didn't remove her law-given rights.

That was a problem for another time.  For now...he reached over, touching Archangle under the chin, bringing her eyes to his.  "If you feel it's the best for her, we'll do it.  I think Zero needs to be closer to her child than that, though.  Perhaps we can modularize one of the connecting rooms."  He took a breath, and then smiled, sounding more sure than he felt.  "I'm sure the girls will dote on the little baby."

A slight green flush crossed Archangel's cheeks as she realised that she must not have explained herself properly if he thought that she wanted to separate the mother and daughter.

"I didn't mean separate them," she murmured, "just that we might be able to bring both of them into the family, as it were. We can't replace Zero in her daughter's life, but we can guide Zero in how to be responsible and care for the child." Her expression turned a little uncomfortable. "Zero told me once that Jiseth wanted the child once she found out about her, that she was determined to care for her even if Zero didn't want to be in a relationship. I think Zero was relying on that support and the fact that it's gone terrifies her.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

A slight green flush crossed Archangel's cheeks as she realised that she must not have explained herself properly if he thought that she wanted to separate the mother and daughter.  

"I didn't mean separate them," she murmured, "just that we might be able to bring both of them into the family, as it were.  We can't replace Zero in her daughter's life, but we can guide Zero in how to be responsible and care for the child."  Her expression turned a little uncomfortable.  "Zero told me once that Jiseth wanted the child once she found out about her, that she was determined to care for her even if Zero didn't want to be in a relationship.  I think Zero was relying on that support and the fact that it's gone terrifies her.

Gabriel paused, thinking for a while on the entire situation. He finally nodded. "Zero can hardly take care of herself. She's obviously smart enough to handle anything, but most of that intelligence isn't coming from practical experience." Reaching out, he drew Archangel closer to him again, resting his forehead against hers. "If we get down to it...we can never repay Zero for the way she helped us with Aria. I think this is the least we can do."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel paused, thinking for a while on the entire situation.  He finally nodded.  "Zero can hardly take care of herself.  She's obviously smart enough to handle anything, but most of that intelligence isn't coming from practical experience."  Reaching out, he drew Archangel closer to him again, resting his forehead against hers.  "If we get down to it...we can never repay Zero for the way she helped us with Aria.  I think this is the least we can do."

In Archangel's opinion, wrapped in Gabriel's arms was one of the best feelings in the universe.  Tension eased from her shoulders and she let out a long, slow breath as a smile curved her lips.  She felt the smooth bone of his forehead resting lightly against her ridges, a touch that was characteristic in their relationship but never lost its quiet power.

"Thank you, e'lev. I'll let her know and start preparations when we get back to the ship," she murmured before going on to a quiet admission.  "She's actually been helping me more recently."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

In Archangel's opinion, wrapped in Gabriel's arms was one of the best feelings in the universe.  Tension eased from her shoulders and she let out a long, slow breath as a smile curved her lips.  She felt the smooth bone of his forehead resting lightly against her ridges, a touch that was characteristic in their relationship but never lost its quiet power.

"Thank you, e'lev.  I'll let her know and start preparations when we get back to the ship," she murmured before going on to a quiet admission.  "She's actually been helping me more recently."

Gabriel's touch ghosted along the side of her jaw, bringing Archangel closer for a quick kiss. "You know, it's funny," he smiled. "I've been thinking about asking your opinion on getting Zero to begin teaching the girls a little bit about dancing. Maybe have them burn some of that energy off, and teach her a bit of humanoid interaction in the process."

Something else she'd said finally caught his attention. "Helping? How so?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel's touch ghosted along the side of her jaw, bringing Archangel closer for a quick kiss.  "You know, it's funny," he smiled.  "I've been thinking about asking your opinion on getting Zero to begin teaching the girls a little bit about dancing.  Maybe have them burn some of that energy off, and teach her a bit of humanoid interaction in the process."  

Something else she'd said finally caught his attention.  "Helping?  How so?"

"Hopefully, she'll have some time to take the girls out to learn how to dance," Archangel agreed.  Anything that could tire out the two little power cells currently asleep in the next room was something to be encouraged, within certain limits.  Ballet would certainly prove to be a challenge to them.  When he questioned how Zero had been helping her, the young Romulan looked down again, a faint green flush of embarrassment crossing her cheeks.

"Well... Twice a week, we have breakfast together, the aim being to get over our aversions to food.  During these breakfasts, she has to eat something other than her nutritional supplements, and I have to finish a plate while she watches." The blush grew deeper. "We've both ended up in tears a couple of times, but we're getting better."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Hopefully, she'll have some time to take the girls out to learn how to dance," Archangel agreed.  Anything that could tire out the two little power cells currently asleep in the next room was something to be encouraged, within certain limits.  Ballet would certainly prove to be a challenge to them.  When he questioned how Zero had been helping her, the young Romulan looked down again, a faint green flush of embarrassment crossing her cheeks.

"Well... Twice a week, we have breakfast together, the aim being to get over our aversions to food.  During these breakfasts, she has to eat something other than her nutritional supplements, and I have to finish a plate while she watches."  The blush grew deeper.  "We've both ended up in tears a couple of times, but we're getting better."

"Oh," he said, in a quiet voice. There wasn't really much to say beyond that. It still shocked him from time to time to hear about one of Archangel's many psychological quirks...her aversion to food being chief among them. Sometimes...he had to remind himself not to take her lack of appetite personally, since he tended to do most of the cooking.

He touched under her chin, bringing her eyes to his and smiling. "You're an amazing woman," he said, kissing her. "You all will have plenty of opportunities to eat any number of meals." The kiss completed, Gabe stifled a yawn. "It's been a hell of a day, Angel. Bed?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:13 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Oh," he said, in a quiet voice. There wasn't really much to say beyond that. It still shocked him from time to time to hear about one of Archangel's many psychological quirks...her aversion to food being chief among them. Sometimes...he had to remind himself not to take her lack of appetite personally, since he tended to do most of the cooking.

He touched under her chin, bringing her eyes to his and smiling. "You're an amazing woman," he said, kissing her. "You all will have plenty of opportunities to eat any number of meals." The kiss completed, Gabe stifled a yawn. "It's been a hell of a day, Angel. Bed?"

"You bring that out in me," Archangel murmured in return, taking a moment to enjoy the sweet kiss. Now that she had told him, it felt as if a small portion of the weight she carried on her shoulders had vanished, leaving her slightly freer.

Seeing Gabriel yawn concerned her slightly. There were times that she had to remind herself that he didn't have the same endurance as she did due to her Vulcanoid side. While being far from the Vulcan ability to stay awake for two weeks, she was capable of surviving for a couple of days, even if it was difficult and unhealthy.

She reached up, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead before taking his hand, leading him toward the bed. "You're right. We both need sleep if we're going to keep up with the girls tomorrow."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Today at 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: