Extensive Character Development Quiz
Rules: Get into character and answer each question AS YOUR CHARACTER WOULD. For example, if your character would lie when asked if he/she currently has romantic feelings for anyone, then you better lie. [You can put in a note as an author to write the truth.
1. What is your name? Nickname?
Safefta i-Rateg Pardek. I am occasional referred to as Saf. Do not make the mistake of doing so.
2. Why were you named that?
I do not know. It means nothing.
[PN: As a silent act of refinance against the empire, Safefta's parents deliberately chose a unique name with no meaning-- nearly a sacrilege by Romulan standards.]
3. What is your gender?
4. What species are you?
A Romulan/Vulcan mix.
[PN: In being less refined, she thinks of herself as a mutt.
5. How old are you? What year were you born?
30 years of age. I was born in the year 2348.
6. Do you wish you were older or younger?
7. What is your IQ? If you don't know, guess.
I do not know.
8. What color are your eyes? Do you like them?
Green. Liking them is irrelevant.
[PN: Being different, they've only caused her grief, though not enough to warrant disliking them.]
9. What color is your hair? Is it natural or dyed? Do you like the color?
White. Naturally so. Irrelevant.
10. Is your hair thin or thick? Straight or curly? Long or short? How do you wear it?
It is thin, straight, and slightly past shoulder length. I keep I pulled back at all times.
11. How tall are you? Are you happy with your height?
1.879 Meters. Irrelevant.
12. How much do you weigh? Are you happy with your weight?
79.378 Kilograms. Irrelevant.
13. If female, what is your bra size? Are you happy with this?
This question is not appropriate.
14. How would you describe your skin tone?
15. What is your body type? Are you athletic?
Lithe. I am a security officer.
16. Any birthmarks? Freckles or other marks?
17. Do you have any scars? From what?
[Raises an eyebrow as if to say: "Are you blind?"]
[PN: She's completely covered with them. The green marks are nearly all a result of torture at the hands of the tal'shiar, with the exception of a few blast marks on her ribcage and a line across her cheek-- all earned in starfleet service.]
18. Do you have any tattoos? Of what and where?
My shoulder is branded with my house crest.
19. Do any other features stand out? Big nose? Almond eyes? Gap in teeth?
I have pointed ears, a ridge on my forehead, and upswpeth eyebrows.
20. Do you have any unusual characteristics?
My hair is considered unusual.
21. Any defining gestures? (Biting your lip, avoiding eye contact while speaking)
[Tilts her head]
[PN: Safefta rarely looks people in the eye, and doesn't typically move like an average person. Her movements are stiff and robotic, or occasionally timid. She stands incredibly stiffly.]
22. What do you like most about your appearance?
I do not.
23. What do you like least about your appearance?
I do not.
24. Overall, are you happy with your appearance? Do you think you are attractive?
I do not care.
25. Do others think you are attractive?
26. What is your blood type?
27. Do you have any mental illnesses? Addictions? Disabilities?
[PN: She has complex post traumatic stress disorder, and shows some signs of depression. She also has social anxiety. All of these are not in the way of affecting how she works as an officer, and rather impact her social life more than anything else.]
28. Do you avoid your medicals?
29. What was the last medical procedure you had done?
30. Do you have any allergies or medical problems?
I am allergic to mangoes.
[PN: Though in decent health, her experience with the tal'shiar did damage her internal systems. They don't work as best they should.
31. Do you have any problems sleeping? What's wrong and why do you think that is?
[Shrugs] Vulcanoids require little sleep.
[PN: Non Applicable]
46. What is your earliest childhood memory?
Running aggressively I. A field. I believe I was 4. Years of age.
47. What is your happiest childhood memory?
The many nights of family reading I had.
48. What is your worst childhood memory?
I do not wish to talk about it.
[PN: Her capture was at age 16.
49. What was your childhood like?
50. What were your childhood aspirations?
I wanted nothing more than to serve in the romulan military like my father.
51. What is your most embarrassing memory?
52. What is the most frightening thing that has ever happened to you?
The night I was ripped from my bed in the dead of night would be an excellent starting point.
53. Have you ever had a near death experience? Have you ever died?
I died several times in the hands of romulan intelligence.
54. What is the worst thing you have ever done? Even if for a good reason.
[Stony-Faced, refuses to answer]
[PN: She believes that by giving information about her parents under torture, she led to teir demise. This is what she feels is the worst thing she has ever done.
55. What is the worst thing anyone has ever done to you?
Torn my life apart.
56. Do you have a permanent residence on any planet?
No. I live aboard the Phoenix.
[PN: Safefta is, by most definition, homeless withou her workplace.]
57. Where were you born? What is this place like?
Rateg, Romulus. It is a hot city.
58. Has anything life changing ever happened to you?
Yes. I lost myself in that interrogation chamber.
59. Have you ever experienced anything traumatic?
Are you an idiot?
60. Do you have any serious regrets? What are they? How would you act differently?
61. Have you ever lost someone you love? How?
[Stares at] My entire family was murdered.
62. What was your least favorite subject?
63. What was your favorite subject?
64. What were you best at?
Nothing in particular.
65. Were you made fun of in school? Why?
66. What was your education like?
67. How much education have you received?
Romulan military academy, starfleet academy, starfleet weapons training.
68. Did you attend the Academy? What was your most memorable experience there?
I did. I will not humor you with a memory.
69. Did you like school?
70. Overall, how well did you do in school?
71. Are you enlisted or commissioned? What is your rank?
72. What department do you serve in?
73. Why do you do it? How did you end up doing it?
Exile in the Federation meant adapt and serve or be rejected and perish. I needed to repay those who had save my life.
74. Do you have any future goals for this job or others?
75. How long have you done this?
Far too long.
76. What are your parents' names?
Suran Pardek, and T'Veah.
77. What do your parents do for a living?
They are dead.
78. Do you have any siblings? Older or younger?
I have none, to m knowledge. If I had any, they were likely put to death as well.
79. Who are you closest to?
80. Is there anyone not in your immediate family who you consider to be family?
81. Do/did you live with or commonly see grandparents, cousins, or other relatives?
82. Are you married? Have you ever been?
83. Do you have any children? How many? How old? Who is the father?
I have none.
84. Does anyone else in your family serve or has served in Starfleet?
85. Do you have a good relationship with your family?
Negative. They are dead.
86. Who is your best friend? (If 2 really close friends, answer the next questions for both)
Alexander Wu, and Archangel T'Koris.
87. How did you meet? How long have you known each other?
I met both on various starships.
88. Why are you best friends? What about your personalities work well together?
I do not know why they choose to call me friend. I simply know that I trust them.
89. What are his/her greats qualities? Flaws?
Archangel is a strong leader, by incapable of getting over guilt. Alexander is an excellent confidante, but drinks far too much and does not handle burdens well.
90. If of the opposite sex, have there ever been any romantic feelings?
91. Other friends?
92. Who is your nicest friend?
93. Do you have many friends? If you have few friends, why?
I have nearly no friends.
94. Do you have any enemies or frenemies?
95. Does anyone dislike you?
96. Do you dislike anyone?
97. Do you have any rivals?
98. What is your sexual orientation?
I have not considered it.
[PN: Safefta used to identify as Pansexual. However, she seems to have no desire to copulate with anyone anymore. Whether she finds people attractive is a mystery, as she would never act on it or give a hint as to it.]
99. What's your current relationship status?
I am not in one.
100. If single, have you ever had a romantic relationship?
Avery long time ago.
101. Do you want to be in a relationship?
Not in the slightest.
102. Do you love anyone now? Have you ever?
No, and no.
103. If not in love, do you have a crush on anyone?
104. Do you know if anyone is in love or has a crush on you?
105. Do you love anyone who does not love you back? Have you ever?
106. Have you ever told anyone you loved them? When?
107. Has anyone told you they loved you? When?
108. Have you ever cheated on anyone?
109. Have you ever been cheated on?
110. Has anyone ever broken your heart?
111. Have you ever broken anyone's heart?
112. Are you shy about relationships?
I do not participate in them.
113. What do you do when you like someone? Tell them? Give hints?
I do not.
114. Are you a virgin?
To my knowledge.
115. Have you ever given or received a blowjob?
Not that I recall, unless something was done to me while inebriated in the hands of the tal'shiar. I should hope not.
116. Have you ever kissed someone the same sex as you?
117. Do you have any quirks in the bedroom?
The bedroom is for sleep.
118. What kind of man/woman are you usually attracted to?
I am not.
119. What kind of lover do you prefer?
A nonexistent one.
120. When did you last engage in any romantic or sexual behavior?
Eighteen years ago.
121. How many people have seen you naked?
122. Who do you love most in the world?
123. Who do you hate most?
124. Who could you not live without?
I do not do this.
125. Who do you tell things to first?
126. Who knows all your secrets?
127. Who do you always argue with?
128. Who last told you they loved you? (both romantic and not)
No one, aside from my father many, many years ago.
129. Who did you last tell you loved them? (both romantic and not)
No one has ever heard those words from me.
130. Have you ever punched anyone? Why?
I am a security officer.
131. Who do you go to for advice?
I used to ask Alexander, by he has been transferred.
132. Who would you risk your life for?
Any member of my crew.
133. Who do you most respect?
134. Do you have any heroes or idols?
135. If you could kill someone and get away with it, who would it be?
You do not want the answer to this question.
136. Are there any qualities in people or behaviors that you just can't stand?
137. Would you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else? Anyone in particular?
I have not been happy in a very long time, so this question is pointless.
138. What is a typical day like? Or is each day different?
Work, reports, eat, sleep.
139. Are you a morning or a night person?
140. How do you usually dress while off duty? On duty?
I am never out of uniform. I own no other clothes.
141. Is there anything you keep with you at all times?
142. Do you keep a journal? Why or why not?
Required by duty.
143. Are you regularly in trouble or do you always follow all the rules?
I prefer to remain quiet.
144. Do you ever drink or get drunk?
[PN: She does drink, and far too often to be criticizing anyone else for their intake.]
145. Do you ever go to parties?
146. Describe your quarters. What is in it? Is it messy?
147. What would you like most to change about your life?
I would like my old life back.
148. Are you happy with your life?
It is adequate.
149. What is your religion? Any strong religious beliefs?
150. Are you very religious?
151. Are you superstitious?
That is for engineers.
152. What would you die before doing?
Betraying my crewmates.
153. Do you have any strong political views?
Only on laws for asylum.
154. Are you satisfied with the current government? Why or why not?
155. What do you think of death and the afterlife?
I do not care.
156. What do you think of war?
It is, as they say,my business.
157. Could you personally kill someone if it meant saving others? (Have you ever?)
158. Do you snore?
159. Do you have any secrets?
160. Do you have many fears? What are they?
Sickbay, confinement, long interrogation... [looks pointedly at interviewer]
161. How do you deal with physical pain? Have you ever been seriously injured?
I do not show it. The second question is not a wise one.
162. How do you cope with deaths of people you know?
I ignore it.
163. Have you ever killed anyone? Why? How?
Yes. Phaser, knife, hand to hand combat..
164. Have you ever seen anyone die? What happened?
I watched my parents tortured to death.
165. What do you live for? What keeps you going?
166. Can you speak more than one language without using the UI? What languages and why?
Romulan, Vulcan, Federation standard.
167. Do you have any bad habits?
168. Are you typically willing to help people who you ask for it? To what extent would you willingly help them?
169. What is your speaking style (fast, monotone, loquacious)?
Monotone, flat, devoid of expression or emotion.
170. What are your insecurities?
171. Do you have any quirks or eccentricities?
172. Do you have any special natural abilities?
Nothing aside from touch telepathy.
173. Do you have any specialised combat training? Why?
Yes. Both the romulan academy and starfleet provided rigorous training.
174. What is the best compliment you could receive? (You're gorgeous, your paintings are beautiful, you are the perfect mother)
I do not care about compliments.
175. If the entire world only had one night left, what would you do? Who would you spend your last hours with?
176. If you could know anything, what would it be? (Like how the pyramids were built, what your boyfriend was thinking five minutes ago)
Where are they? [Refuses to specify who they are]
177. If you could learn to do anything, even if it's impossible (like dancing if you're in a wheelchair), what would it be? (no powers, see next question)
I have no use for this.
178. If you could have one magic power, what would it be? Why?
I need no magic.
179. If you got one wish (no wishing for more wishes), what would you wish for?
Return my life to the way it was supposed to be.
180. Are you a social person? Or do you prefer solitude?
I abhor social interaction.
181. How would you describe your personality?
182. Are you an optimist or pessimist?
183. Are you creative?
184. Do you like to take risks?
185. Are you usually an honest person?
186. How would you describe your personal hygiene? Would others agree?
I am used to filth, by I do not like it and keep myself very clean.
187. Do you think you dress well off duty? Would others agree?
Irrelevant. I wear a uniform.
188. Are you sentimental?
189. Are you openly emotional?
190. Are you a hard worker?
To a fault.
191. Are you usually a leader or a follower? Are you happy with that?
I have no desire to lead.
192. Are you confident?
193. Are you introverted or extroverted?
194. Are you a stressed person?
195. Are you easily embarrassed?
196. Are you very proud?
197. How do you think other people see you?
I do not care.
198. What things do others say are your weaknesses?
I do not know, or care.
199. What do others say are your strengths?
200. Do people generally like you or dislike you?
201. What do you think are your best qualities?
I am dedicated.
202. What do you think are your worst qualities?
I am too cold.
203. Is there anything you would like to change about yourself?
I cannot do so.
204. Overall, are you happy with yourself?
205. What is your favorite food?
I do not have one. My food is not flavourful or bountiful. I eat for sustiance.
206. What is your favorite drink?
207. What is your favorite color?
208. What is your favorite animal?
209. What is your favorite book?
I have none.
210. What is your favorite movie?
211. What is your favorite music genre?
212. What is your favorite childhood story?
I remember too little.
213. What is your favorite weather?
Hot and dry.
214. What is your favorite season?
215. What is your dream vacation?
I do not take vacation.
216. What is your favourite planet to visit? To live?
217. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
218. Would you rather have a life full of adventure or an uneventful life?
I do not care.
219. What is your favorite holiday?
I celebrate nothing.
220. What is your favorite flower?
221. What is your favorite sport? Do you like sports?
222. What is your favorite curse word?
223. Do you prefer the city or the country?
224. Do you prefer showers or baths?
225. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Long streams of questions.
226. Are you disgusted by anything?
[PN: The talshiar broke her eating and sleeping patterns by means of stress and forced dietrary change.]
227. Are you squeamish?
228. Regardless of skill, do you like dancing, singing, or drawing? Anything else?
229. Do you enjoy art?
230. What would be the perfect day?
A day with work.
231. Do you have any hobbies?
232. What do you enjoy doing most?
233. When did you last feel happy? Why?
I do not remember.
234. When did you last feel sad? Why?
235. When did you last feel angry? Why?
Three days ago.
236. When did you last feel guilty? Why?
237. When was the last time you cried? Why?
I do not cry.
238. When did you last see your family? Is this amount of time normal?
Eighteen years ago. They are dead, so no. It is not normal.
239. When did you last do someone a favor? Who and what was it?
I went to romulus with Archangel.
240. When did you last confess something to someone? What was it and to who?
I told Archangel a secret.
241. When was the last time you were sick?
I do not remember.
242. Who is the last person you spoke to?
243. What was the last dream you can remember?
I will not discuss it.
244. What is your current mood?
245. Where are you?
246. What color are your nails/toenails?
247. What are your goals for this year?
248. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
249. What is your current health? Any injuries? From what?
I have a shoulder injury.
250. What is the nearest book to you?
I do no keep anything other than report PADDs in my quarters.
251. Are you wanted for any crimes?
By the Romulan government, yes.
252. Finally, how many weapons are currently on your person?