Extensive Character Development Quiz
Rules: Get into character and answer each question AS YOUR CHARACTER WOULD. For example, if your character would lie when asked if he/she currently has romantic feelings for anyone, then you better lie. [You can put in a note as an author to write the truth.
[To make general reading easier, Ilana's stammer has been filtered out by the computer. She generally stammers on consonants at the beginning of words.]
1. What is your name? Nickname?
Ilana Telak. Sometimes people call me Lana.
2. Why were you named that?
My parents decided on the name?
3. What is your gender?
4. What species are you?
I'm, uh, a... Cardassian.
5. How old are you? What year were you born?
I was born on the 3rd May 2355, which makes me 23.
6. Do you wish you were older or younger?
No, not really.
7. What is your IQ? If you don't know, guess.
Cardassians don't use the same scale for intelligence.
8. What color are your eyes? Do you like them?
They're green and functional. That's all I need.
9. What color is your hair? Is it natural or dyed? Do you like the color?
It's black and natural. Most Cardassians have black hair.
10. Is your hair thin or thick? Straight or curly? Long or short? How do you wear it?
It's quite thick and straight. It used to be long, but a year or so ago, I cut it short into a reverse bob.
11. How tall are you? Are you happy with your height?
5'6". It's quite small compared to most other officers, especially compared to one officer in particular, but I'm not the smallest.
12. How much do you weigh? Are you happy with your weight?
Somewhere between 50 and 55 kilograms. I know I'm underweight, by quite a bit, but I never seem to be able to find the time to eat.
13. If female, what is your bra size? Are you happy with this?
[PN: Close to non-existant. She would like them to be a little bigger but is also aware that in order for that to happen, she needs to put on some weight]
14. How would you describe your skin tone?
Grey and scaled.
[PN: Even compared to other Cardassians, Ilana's quite pale.]
15. What is your body type? Are you athletic?
[PN: Skinny as a stick.]
16. Any birthmarks? Freckles or other marks?
17. Do you have any scars? From what?
I have some scarring from my implant.
18. Do you have any tattoos? Of what and where?
19. Do any other features stand out? Big nose? Almond eyes? Gap in teeth?
I have a wire that runs from behind my ear to the crease between my trachae and the lateral muscle of my neck.
20. Do you have any unusual characteristics?
21. Any defining gestures? (Biting your lip, avoiding eye contact while speaking)
I have a bad stammer and a tendency to pick at my scales.
22. What do you like most about your appearance?
I don't know.
23. What do you like least about your appearance?
My height, weight, skin and scales.
24. Overall, are you happy with your appearance? Do you think you are attractive?
25. Do others think you are attractive?
26. What is your blood type?
27. Do you have any mental illnesses? Addictions? Disabilities?
None, apart from my stammer, although without my implant, I am completely mute.
28. Do you avoid your medicals?
29. What was the last medical procedure you had done?
I had to have most of my hip and surrounding tissues replaced after someone shot me with a distuptor.
30. Do you have any allergies or medical problems?
Cerebral scarring to the broca's area and an apparently unhealthy habit of ignoring my own wellbeing. Because of the way I grew up, without adequate or appropriate food, nor sunlight, I am far more frail than Cardassians, or even most humans.
31. Do you have any problems sleeping? What's wrong and why do you think that is?
I don't sleep much. Work gets in the way.
[PN: Non Applicable]
46. What is your earliest childhood memory?
When I was very young, back on Bajor, playing near a small fountain in a well kept garden. My mother was close by, sitting on a bench and reading a book. Four armed Cardassian soldiers kept watch over us to make sure that we were safe.
47. What is your happiest childhood memory?
I guess the happiest memory from my childhood would have been that one, or when Starfleet rescued us.
48. What is your worst childhood memory?
That would probably have to be when I was caught in a radiation leak.
49. What was your childhood like?
The majority of my childhood was spent on a delapidated freighter being shuttled at sub-light speeds from planet to planet as we tried to find a place to live but being turned down at every port.
50. What were your childhood aspirations?
I just wanted to find a place to call home.
51. What is your most embarrassing memory?
I'm not really sure. I didn't have many embarrassing memories.
52. What is the most frightening thing that has ever happened to you?
I thought I was going to die.
53. Have you ever had a near death experience? Have you ever died?
[PN: Ilana came very close to death before Starfleet found and searched the freighter where the group of Cardassians were hiding due to having been exposed to a radiation leak a year or so previously. There was a more recent incident where she died on the operating table during a procedure intended to give her speech back, but the actions of the surgeon and Raynor Hughes brought her back.]
54. What is the worst thing you have ever done? Even if for a good reason.
Putting a patient through an extremely painful rehabilitation, even though it was going to give them full motion of their arm back.
55. What is the worst thing anyone has ever done to you?
I, uh... A Bajoran once tore out some of my scales after his father passed away under my care even though there was nothing I could have done.
56. Do you have a permanent residence on any planet?
My parents have always said that I'm always welcome to go back to the colony.
57. Where were you born? What is this place like?
I was born on Bajor, but never saw much of it. My father was terrified of letting me or my mother leave the home compound while we were there in case the Resistance fighters got us.
58. Has anything life changing ever happened to you?
I was sent to a conference that required several hours of shuttle travel, and the officer who was sent with me was a certain Klingon.
59. Have you ever experienced anything traumatic?
[PN: Being shot point blank by a terrorist for being Cardassian, dying on an operating table, being caught in a radiation leak...]
60. Do you have any serious regrets? What are they? How would you act differently?
I regret the death of many of my patients, even if I know that there was nothing I could do.
61. Have you ever lost someone you love? How?
I have lost many siblings, although I was too young to know them well.
62. What was your least favorite subject?
I didn't enjoy any of the physical subjects.
63. What was your favorite subject?
64. What were you best at?
Biology and medicine.
65. Were you made fun of in school? Why?
Yes, but I didn't tend to spend much time around my classmates.
66. What was your education like?
Unconventional. The other children and I learned what we could from the elders in group, but there was no set structure. I, however, fotunate to be sponsored into Starfleet Medical Academy.
67. How much education have you received?
68. Did you attend the Academy? What was your most memorable experience there?
I attended Starfleet Medical Academy, but didn't have many memorable experiences there.
69. Did you like school?
It was adequate.
70. Overall, how well did you do in school?
I didn't make valdic- or salutatorian, but I did well enough.
71. Are you enlisted or commissioned? What is your rank?
72. What department do you serve in?
73. Why do you do it? How did you end up doing it?
When the Starfleet ship found us, I spent a long time in the medical bay. I was fascinated by what they were doing, both to me and to the other Cardassians in the group. They let me help out, and I really enjoyed it.
[PN: She also feels that she needs to repay the Starfleet officers who saved them, and that she owes them her life in service.]
74. Do you have any future goals for this job or others?
I would like to make Chief Medical Officer.
75. How long have you done this?
A few years.
76. What are your parents' names?
Kattell and Vornar Telak.
77. What do your parents do for a living?
My mother's a teacher and a housewife and my father's a retired Gul. He now helps out wherever he needs to at the colony.
78. Do you have any siblings? Older or younger?
I used to have four older siblings.
79. Who are you closest to?
80. Is there anyone not in your immediate family who you consider to be family?
Raynor Hughes seems to have integrated well.
81. Do/did you live with or commonly see grandparents, cousins, or other relatives?
No, I don't have anyone left but my parents.
82. Are you married? Have you ever been?
83. Do you have any children? How many? How old? Who is the father?
No, although I think I would like to have them at some point.
84. Does anyone else in your family serve or has served in Starfleet?
No. Both of my parents were in the Cardassian fleet, my mother for a very brief stint, and my father was a command officer.
85. Do you have a good relationship with your family?
Yes, I think I do.
86. Who is your best friend? (If 2 really close friends, answer the next questions for both)
87. How did you meet? How long have you known each other?
We met because we were sent to a conference together and had to spend several hours together in a shuttle on the way there.
88. Why are you best friends? What about your personalities work well together?
He looks after me and makes sure that I'm not just concentrating on work. I'm... not so sure what I bring to the relationship.
89. What are his/her greats qualities? Flaws?
He's caring and compassionate, funny and fierce. The only thing is that he can be a little... overbearing at times, but I know that he's just trying to look after me.
90. If of the opposite sex, have there ever been any romantic feelings?
Yes... there are.
91. Other friends?
The Abols, the Arthur-T'Korises, Thelos... a few friends back on the colony.
92. Who is your nicest friend?
I guess Chira would be the 'nicest'.
93. Do you have many friends? If you have few friends, why?
Not really. I don't socialise much.
94. Do you have any enemies or frenemies?
I have a few, I think.
95. Does anyone dislike you?
I'm Cardassian. I'm very sure that there are many people who dislike me. Admiral Stark certainly does.
96. Do you dislike anyone?
97. Do you have any rivals?
I try not to.
98. What is your sexual orientation?
99. What's your current relationship status?
I'm taken. I have a Par'mach'kai.
100. If single, have you ever had a romantic relationship?
101. Do you want to be in a relationship?
102. Do you love anyone now? Have you ever?
103. If not in love, do you have a crush on anyone?
104. Do you know if anyone is in love or has a crush on you?
I hope he feels that way.
105. Do you love anyone who does not love you back? Have you ever?
I've never really been interested.
106. Have you ever told anyone you loved them? When?
Yes, this morning.
107. Has anyone told you they loved you? When?
Yes, also this morning.
108. Have you ever cheated on anyone?
109. Have you ever been cheated on?
110. Has anyone ever broken your heart?
I thought so, but he came back.
111. Have you ever broken anyone's heart?
Not that I know of.
112. Are you shy about relationships?
113. What do you do when you like someone? Tell them? Give hints?
114. Are you a virgin?
115. Have you ever given or received a blowjob?
116. Have you ever kissed someone the same sex as you?
117. Do you have any quirks in the bedroom?
I try to be more dominant for Raynor...
[PN: Although she's far too embarrassed to admit it, she really enjoys that Raynor nips and scratches.]
118. What kind of man/woman are you usually attracted to?
I've never been so attracted to anyone before.
119. What kind of lover do you prefer?
I've never thought about it.
120. When did you last engage in any romantic or sexual behavior?
A few months. Raynor wants to wait until my hip has healed a little more before doing anything.
121. How many people have seen you naked?
Very, very few.
122. Who do you love most in the world?
I'm not sure between Raynor and my father. I think that Raynor edges out my father.
123. Who do you hate most?
No one in particular.
124. Who could you not live without?
Please don't make me answer that.
[PN: Cardassians are extremely attached to their families, but Ilana is finding it diffcult to accept that she might love Raynor more than hers.]
125. Who do you tell things to first?
Raynor usually pulls it out of me.
126. Who knows all your secrets?
127. Who do you always argue with?
I guess that would be Raynor, even though the arguments are never very bad.
128. Who last told you they loved you? (both romantic and not)
129. Who did you last tell you loved them? (both romantic and not)
130. Have you ever punched anyone? Why?
Raynor, once or twice, but I don't have the strength to really do any damage.
131. Who do you go to for advice?
My parents or Raynor.
132. Who would you risk your life for?
133. Who do you most respect?
I try to respect everyone.
134. Do you have any heroes or idols?
135. If you could kill someone and get away with it, who would it be?
I don't want to kill anyone!
136. Are there any qualities in people or behaviors that you just can't stand?
137. Would you sacrifice your own happiness for someone else? Anyone in particular?
Yes, for Raynor.
138. What is a typical day like? Or is each day different?
I generally work all the time until I pass out.
139. Are you a morning or a night person?
140. How do you usually dress while off duty? On duty?
I used to only wear my uniforms, but now I try to make more of an effort. I've been experimenting with various Cardassian fashions.
141. Is there anything you keep with you at all times?
142. Do you keep a journal? Why or why not?
Standard duty log.
143. Are you regularly in trouble or do you always follow all the rules?
I've never really been in trouble with the rules, except for Raynor's. His rules tend to be about my health, though.
144. Do you ever drink or get drunk?
I don't usually imbibe, given that it doesn't take much to get me drunk. I have been drunk once, though, on holiday with Raynor.
145. Do you ever go to parties?
Not unless ordered to.
146. Describe your quarters. What is in it? Is it messy?
147. What would you like most to change about your life?
I'd like to be stronger, better at my job and a better mate for Raynor.
148. Are you happy with your life?
149. What is your religion? Any strong religious beliefs?
No, not really.
150. Are you very religious?
151. Are you superstitious?
152. What would you die before doing?
Giving up Raynor, or on a patient.
153. Do you have any strong political views?
154. Are you satisfied with the current government? Why or why not?
I don't care one way or another.
155. What do you think of death and the afterlife?
I try not to think about it.
156. What do you think of war?
I don't like it, but it happens.
157. Could you personally kill someone if it meant saving others? (Have you ever?)
No, I don't think I could.
158. Do you snore?
I don't think so.
159. Do you have any secrets?
Everyone has secrets.
160. Do you have many fears? What are they?
Constantly. Other people, failure, but most of all: losing Raynor.
161. How do you deal with physical pain? Have you ever been seriously injured?
I try to ignore it the best I can. Because of my, uh, weakness, I tend to be injured more easily.
162. How do you cope with deaths of people you know?
I try to ignore it.
163. Have you ever killed anyone? Why? How?
Never intentionally. Sometimes, there are patients we can't save.
164. Have you ever seen anyone die? What happened?
I work as a medic on a starship that sometimes goes into battle. I've seen a lot of people die.
165. What do you live for? What keeps you going?
Raynor and my work.
166. Can you speak more than one language without using the UT? What languages and why?
I can speak Cardassian and Standard.
167. Do you have any bad habits?
I don't look after myself. It really annoys Raynor, but I can't help it.
168. Are you typically willing to help people who you ask for it? To what extent would you willingly help them?
Yes, as much as they need it.
169. What is your speaking style (fast, monotone, loquacious)?
It's hard to tell through the stammer.
170. What are your insecurities?
I'm weak, I can't stop working, and I'm pretty much the opposite of the perfect mate for Raynor.
171. Do you have any quirks or eccentricities?
172. Do you have any special natural abilities?
Cardassians are known for their eidetic memories.
173. Do you have any specialised combat training? Why?
No, just standard training. Raynor's teaching me a little more though.
174. What is the best compliment you could receive? (You're gorgeous, your paintings are beautiful, you are the perfect mother)
I'm not sure.
175. If the entire world only had one night left, what would you do? Who would you spend your last hours with?
I would want to spend it with Raynor.
176. If you could know anything, what would it be? (Like how the pyramids were built, what your boyfriend was thinking five minutes ago)
I'd like to know what happens in Raynor's mind, and whether the Empire is going to let him stay on Athena.
177. If you could learn to do anything, even if it's impossible (like dancing if you're in a wheelchair), what would it be? (no powers, see next question)
I'd like to learn to be stronger.
178. If you could have one magic power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to heal people quickly?
179. If you got one wish (no wishing for more wishes), what would you wish for?
I don't know...
180. Are you a social person? Or do you prefer solitude?
Solitude, or one or two people. Most don't like hanging around me.
181. How would you describe your personality?
Shy, mainly, and without a lot of confidence.
182. Are you an optimist or pessimist?
I'd like to think that I'm a realist.
183. Are you creative?
Somewhat, given that I do a lot of research.
184. Do you like to take risks?
I have to in my line of work.
185. Are you usually an honest person?
Not really. I hide a lot of things and try not to get on anyone's bad side.
186. How would you describe your personal hygiene? Would others agree?
I keep myself clean, usually with sonic showers.
187. Do you think you dress well off duty? Would others agree?
I'm rarely off duty.
188. Are you sentimental?
I don't think so.
189. Are you openly emotional?
Not particularly, except with Raynor.
190. Are you a hard worker?
191. Are you usually a leader or a follower? Are you happy with that?
A follower. I don't think I could be in complete control.
192. Are you confident?
193. Are you introverted or extroverted?
194. Are you a stressed person?
195. Are you easily embarrassed?
196. Are you very proud?
I don't know. Yes and no. I take pride in my work, but not the way I give Raynor so much stress.
197. How do you think other people see you?
I don't think they see me. I try not to, anyway.
198. What things do others say are your weaknesses?
Raynor would say that it's my inability to look after myself.
199. What do others say are your strengths?
My dedication to my patients and work.
200. Do people generally like you or dislike you?
They generally dislike me because of my species.
201. What do you think are your best qualities?
I don't know.
202. What do you think are your worst qualities?
I work too hard and don't look after myself.
203. Is there anything you would like to change about yourself?
I'd like to be stronger, and better for Raynor.
204. Overall, are you happy with yourself?
205. What is your favorite food?
I'm quite partial to fish.
206. What is your favorite drink?
207. What is your favorite color?
208. What is your favorite animal?
Reptiles in general. I feel closer to them.
209. What is your favorite book?
210. What is your favorite movie?
I don't really watch movies.
211. What is your favorite music genre?
212. What is your favorite childhood story?
213. What is your favorite weather?
Hot and humid.
214. What is your favorite season?
215. What is your dream vacation?
Somewhere quiet, preferably with a lot of plant life.
216. What is your favourite planet to visit? To live?
The colony where my parents live.
217. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
218. Would you rather have a life full of adventure or an uneventful life?
I'm not sure. An uneventful life would be nice, but I think it would become boring after a while.
219. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I have a few pleasant memories associated with it.
220. What is your favorite flower?
I have too many to name since botany is a hobby of mine.
221. What is your favorite sport? Do you like sports?
222. What is your favorite curse word?
I don't curse much.
223. Do you prefer the city or the country?
224. Do you prefer showers or baths?
Showers. Less water to deal with.
225. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The junior medics who can't put things back where they belong in sickbay.
226. Are you disgusted by anything?
Not really. I'm a medic. I've seen a lot of things.
227. Are you squeamish?
228. Regardless of skill, do you like dancing, singing, or drawing? Anything else?
229. Do you enjoy art?
No, I don't really understand it.
230. What would be the perfect day?
A quiet day in the arboretum with Raynor. A picnic would be nice.
231. Do you have any hobbies?
232. What do you enjoy doing most?
233. When did you last feel happy? Why?
This morning, waking up next to my Par'mach'kai.
234. When did you last feel sad? Why?
A few days ago, before he came back.
235. When did you last feel angry? Why?
When the terrorist was punishing my patients and colleagues for something they didn't do.
236. When did you last feel guilty? Why?
This morning, for not eating as much as Raynor wanted me to.
237. When was the last time you cried? Why?
This morning, when I got up, before I took my pain medication.
238. When did you last see your family? Is this amount of time normal?
A few months ago. Raynor and I went to visit them. I do write to them a few times a week though.
239. When did you last do someone a favor? Who and what was it?
I took on a patient from a colleague so that he could get some sleep.
240. When did you last confess something to someone? What was it and to who?
Does confessing something that they already know count?
241. When was the last time you were sick?
242. Who is the last person you spoke to?
243. What was the last dream you can remember?
244. What is your current mood?
245. Where are you?
In the medical research lab.
246. What color are your nails/toenails?
247. What are your goals for this year?
248. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
I have a burmese python by the name of Sasha, and a weeper plant called SqueeToo that Raynor gave me.
249. What is your current health? Any injuries? From what?
I'm recovering from having most of my hip reconstructed after a terrorist shot me.
250. What is the nearest book to you?
A draft of a research paper that I'm writing.
251. Are you wanted for any crimes?
252. Finally, how many weapons are currently on your person?
Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."