Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 am

[Procedure Room]

In the light cast down by the single lamp, Jiseth's upper half lay draped over Zero's thighs. She had been clinging to her for what seemed like... she actually had no idea. Minutes were just as long as hours. They were too far away from the engine room for her to hear any hums or tells of their speed. In fact, she could not even hear the ventilation system that kept the room rather chilly.

With a shiver and sniffle she wiped her eyes as she swallowed saliva down her dry throat. Her yelling had gotten her nowhere. There was no one to hear her. No one would rescue them and following the events on the bridge she would not be very likely missed. She was sure that Ensign M'Rai would be relieved to have her no longer hovering over her shoulder.

Now she lay locked away with her Amontillado.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Had Zero been awake to know it, she would have been fascinated by the effectiveness of the sedative, even on her accelerated metabolism.  Two hours, she had been out, a limp body strapped into the chair, unaware of the Romulan crying next to her, both of them sealed into the room until someone with the appropriate access codes came to let them out.

What might not have been known, was that two hours was plenty of time for the message to come through to the bridge that the exercise was being postponed to a later date and that the crews had already swapped over.  The commander, having received notification that the procedure room was 'occupied', had created sensor ghosts of both Jiseth and Zero aboard the Phoenix to fool the Federation crews long enough for them to get a good way back to the Empire before the ruse was discovered.  As it was, the 'bird was already at warp 9 and heading homeward.

Her head was pounding, that was the first thing Zero noted as she woke up.  The second thing she noticed was the weight on her lap and the sensation of movement, as if that weight was breathing.

Although her movement was extremely restricted by the chair, she could still move her head, looking down to see Jiseth lying there.  The events preceding her passing out quickly came back to her and she tensed, fear bubbling up in her throat.

"Jiseth... what... what are planning to do?"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:36 pm

"I-I... I don't know."

Looking up, her eyes were quite wide. They danced back and forth as her focused between which eye of Zero's to focus on. She was blinking quickly and frequently though significantly less distraught than an hour ago. Jiseth's hands gripped at Zero's trousers as she looked away into the darkness of the room.

In rooms like this the word torture was replaced with incentive therapy. Flesh peeled, punctured, beaten, electrocuted, and so many other ways to coerce or simply cause pain. A single drawer was like a theme park and the instruments within were the rides and rare delights all sure to get a scream.

The chair was an entirely different measure. Make the subject think they were suffering, but never actually touch them. She had seen unfortunate souls go insane from it. Scratching at things that were not actually there. Phantom pains from a limb thought to be removed, but still was attached. Pull the right beam away and any building will collapse in on itself.

"I was... I remember, but I couldn't... It was like being swept away by a current."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:03 pm

It was already taking Zero a significant amount of effort to keep herself from succumbing to the rising sense of claustrophobia triggered by her confinement in the chair. It was a fear that had come about quite by accident, but had been carefully nurtured by Corinth into a tool he could use to control and punish her.

Swallowing hard, she tried to concentrate on Jiseth, to keep her mind rooted in something concrete rather than the creeping ghosts of her mind. This Jiseth was far different from the one who had stuck her with a hypospray not all that long ago, but she couldn't help but feel a little apprehensive.

"Swept away? Please, let me out. We can leave and attempt to find answers!"

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:17 pm

"I tried! There's no power going to anything in this room except that light! Rewiring the damn thing to trigger an opening was the first thing I did."

Jiseth stood up and paced back and forth rather flustered. Her mind was racing, but she had no ideas. Nothing to get her out of the confinements which only fueled her increasingly panicked state. As the pace of her breathing picked up the room became insufferably hot. Shaky hands went up to her collar and shot downward, pulling the zipper of her jacket with them. The vest came off too and crimson shirt too though the latter gave her trouble which in her frustration was thrown to the floor.

"I mean really... Isn't it obvious?"

Taking a hard look at the woman trapped in the chair, she dropped to her knees in front of her and off center. Her hands went behind the restraint on Zero's right wrist, gripping firmly as she leaned her forehead against pale knuckles. With great concentration she tried to take deeper breaths thought her shoulders fluttered with each inhale and exhale.

"I don't know what to do... just what will happen. They're going to come in and they're going to kill me. They'll get into your head and you'll think I'm still alive, then make you watch me die again and again... but I-I... I want you to know... that I'm sorry."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:27 am

As she saw Jiseth starting to get more and more agitated, Zero started to pull at her restraints, wanting to free herself so that she could somehow try to reassure the Romulan, but all she succeeded in doing was cause them to tighten and rub at her pale skin.

She forced herself to still when Jiseth took hold of her wrist as far as she could, attempting to take deep breaths as far as the band across her chest would allow. Listening to Jiseth, she felt tears starting to well up in her eyes at the thought of losing her e'lev. Even though the Romulan was responsible for their current situation, it was apparent that she hadn't done so of her own will. But Jiseth dying? She felt her chest constricting, panic, fear and desperate sorrow. The tears started to run down her face, unable to free her hands to wipe them away.

"Jiseth, please, do everything that you must in order to stay alive. Ally yourself with them if you must. I do not care if that entails that you must inflict pain on me. We will find a manner in which to escape together in time, just please, please, do everything that you must to stay alive!" she begged.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 pm

"I have nothing to offer them, Zero..."

Closing her eyes, she tilted her head up and kissed the Augment's hand. Her own fell away too the armrest as she balanced herself on the balls of her feet. Slowly Jiseth rested her cheek against Zero's hand and looked up at her, nearly blinded by how vibrant her white hair was in the light.

"Starfleet will fight for your release, not mine. Stark might have a few stern words, but... what's left for me there, eh? Our unborn daughter? They'll think they're sparing the child. Even if I were brought back, it'd solely to put me in for court martial. Point is, you're valuable to people. I'm... a loose end. It's funny though... I never really understood your disdain for others until today on the bridge."

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:07 am

The tears streaking down Zero's cheeks glinted in the light as she looked down at Jiseth. "No, the elements are in your favour should it come to a court martial," she protested, her voice catching in her throat. "There are many precedents of those who were influenced by outside sources being pardoned their actions! Spock! La Forge! Chakotay and Tuvok!" Her voice had peaked in desperation, becoming shrill and afraid. Drawing in a shaky breath, she continue in a small, almost pathetic voice. "Is what we have built together not adequate? Am I not adequate to give you reason to fight?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]   Today at 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Hidden Within [Zero/Jiseth]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: