Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Thud.   Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:11 pm

[Shuttlecraft Ghiberti]

Gavin didn't necessarily take the time to wonder what exactly had hit them, or what had caused them to crash. All he knew was that, one moment, he and Ensign M'Rai were orbiting Xarex II, and the next...well, the Ghiberti was making out with the ground.

He'd been tossed out of his seat and under the main console. While that had been disconcerting, it had saved him from further damage from falling debris. One thing Gavin wasn't sure about, though, was his co-worker.

"Ensign! Are you ok? I'm a doctor!" Gavin flinched, frowning sharply. "Er. Well. Not really. But I know enough to set bones and stuff."

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:52 pm

She wasn't sure what had happened. While it certainly wasn't the first crash Persephone had ever been in, everything had happened so fast, too fast for her inexperienced reflexes. She wasn't even sure what had happened to cause the crash in the first place.

Now, from under what was left of her seat came a faint, rough purring sound. She struggled for a moment to push the heavy seat off her, moving to sit on her haunches. Apart from a few scrapes, she seemed to be ok.

"I think I'm alrrrrright," she replied, testing out her limbs. When she wasn't speaking, however, she continued to purr with each breath, almost as if it was a subconscious action.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:
She wasn't sure what had happened.  While it certainly wasn't the first crash Persephone had ever been in, everything had happened so fast, too fast for her inexperienced reflexes.  She wasn't even sure what had happened to cause the crash in the first place.

Now, from under what was left of her seat came a faint, rough purring sound.  She struggled for a moment to push the heavy seat off her, moving to sit on her haunches.  Apart from a few scrapes, she seemed to be ok.

"I think I'm alrrrrright," she replied, testing out her limbs.  When she wasn't speaking, however, she continued to purr with each breath, almost as if it was a subconscious action.

"Oh. Well, that's good," Gavin replied. He hadn't quite gotten used to the way that M'Rai seemed to savor her rhotic consonants. In a way, it was mildly annoying that they didn't even have at least a sprain or something. He'd kind of looked forward to playing doctor. Still, precautions were best.

Gavin fished around along the wall of the shuttlecraft, pulling open a panel that only protested slightly. Inside was a medical tricorder and a first-aid kit. He flipped the tricorder on, scanning the Caitian. "Indeed. You're pretty alright. I am, too...can't say the same for the ship, however. It looked like a full systems failure! What the hell could cause that?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Oh.  Well, that's good," Gavin replied.  He hadn't quite gotten used to the way that M'Rai seemed to savor her rhotic consonants.  In a way, it was mildly annoying that they didn't even have at least a sprain or something.  He'd kind of looked forward to playing doctor.  Still, precautions were best.  

Gavin fished around along the wall of the shuttlecraft, pulling open a panel that only protested slightly.  Inside was a medical tricorder and a first-aid kit.  He flipped the tricorder on, scanning the Caitian.  "Indeed.  You're pretty alright.  I am, too...can't say the same for the ship, however.  It looked like a full systems failure!  What the hell could cause that?"

Wanting to get up to reach the console, Persephone started to get to her feet in order to check to see if the computer was working and then to see if it had any sensor readings from the moments before she lost control, but she didn't make it more than a quarter of the way out of her crouch before dropping back down again with a groan. The purring started up again, a constant, low level sound as she closed her eyes.

"I don't know what caused the crrrrash," she said, the purring interrupted for a moment. "It happened too fast."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Wanting to get up to reach the console, Persephone started to get to her feet in order to check to see if the computer was working and then to see if it had any sensor readings from the moments before she lost control, but she didn't make it more than a quarter of the way out of her crouch before dropping back down again with a groan.  The purring started up again, a constant, low level sound as she closed her eyes.

"I don't know what caused the crrrrash," she said, the purring interrupted for a moment.  "It happened too fast."

"Uh. Hold up." Gavin re-scanned the Caitain, his mouth twisting into a little frown. The readings showed him back what he thought he was witnessing. Elevated heart-rate. There wasn't anything physically hurt on the ensign, but...there seemed to be pain of a different variety. "Ensign M'Rai? Are you alright?" The question was rhetorical, of course - obviously, she wasn't. But medicine required one to start at the most basic of levels, and work from there.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Uh.  Hold up."  Gavin re-scanned the Caitain, his mouth twisting into a little frown.  The readings showed him back what he thought he was witnessing.  Elevated heart-rate.  There wasn't anything physically hurt on the ensign, but...there seemed to be pain of a different variety.  "Ensign M'Rai?  Are you alright?"  The question was rhetorical, of course - obviously, she wasn't.  But medicine required one to start at the most basic of levels, and work from there.

The Caitian's ears flicked back at the sound of the tricorder scan being run again, but she appreciated that Gavin was taking the time to try to find out what could be wrong.

"My head hurrrts. I think I hit it off the console," she grumbled, gingerly running a paw over her semi-tamed mane of hair before starting to lick at the paw, continuing to purr for a moment until she realised what she was doing and quickly stopped the licking. The purring on the other hand, didn't seem to want to stop. "Arrrre you ok?"

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

The Caitian's ears flicked back at the sound of the tricorder scan being run again, but she appreciated that Gavin was taking the time to try to find out what could be wrong.  

"My head hurrrts.  I think I hit it off the console," she grumbled, gingerly running a paw over her semi-tamed mane of hair before starting to lick at the paw, continuing to purr for a moment until she realised what she was doing and quickly stopped the licking.  The purring on the other hand, didn't seem to want to stop.  "Arrrre you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Gavin absently replied, still scanning M'Rai. He frowned, studying the readings. The Caitian's epinephrine levels were fluctuating. "Hold up. I can do something for the dizziness." Rooting around in the medkit, Gavin clipped in the proper amount of medicine, pressing the hypo to the ensign's neck. "Alright, Persephone...tell me. Are you experiencing shortness of breath? Chest pains?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Yeah, I'm fine," Gavin absently replied, still scanning M'Rai.  He frowned, studying the readings.  The Caitian's epinephrine levels were fluctuating.  "Hold up.  I can do something for the dizziness."  Rooting around in the medkit, Gavin clipped in the proper amount of medicine, pressing the hypo to the ensign's neck.  "Alright, Persephone...tell me.  Are you experiencing shortness of breath?  Chest pains?"

The hypospray immediately soothed her spinning head, even if it didn't do much for the throbbing. She shook her head and immediately regretted it, rubbing a paw over her temple.

"Yeah, but we have just crrrashed," she replied, tilting her head to one side, unsure what he was getting at. As far as she was concerned, shortness of breath and the pain in her chest simply came from how she had landed after falling out of her chair. "Why, what's wrrrrong?"

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

The hypospray immediately soothed her spinning head, even if it didn't do much for the throbbing.  She shook her head and immediately regretted it, rubbing a paw over her temple.

"Yeah, but we have just crrrashed," she replied, tilting her head to one side, unsure what he was getting at.  As far as she was concerned, shortness of breath and the pain in her chest simply came from how she had landed after falling out of her chair.  "Why, what's wrrrrong?"

Blinking, Gavin frowned a little. Of course they had just crashed. One didn't have to be a genius to know that. It seemed as if there was a communication breakdown between the two of them, somewhere. "To be honest, ensign," he said, still feeling a bit odd calling people 'ensign', "I was asking more about your mental state. It would appear to me that you were going through the symptoms of a panic attack. We can get out of here, if you need...the atmosphere should be breathable." He glanced down at the tricorder. "Well. We should probably, like, check it first...but I think it should be."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Blinking, Gavin frowned a little.  Of course they had just crashed.  One didn't have to be a genius to know that.  It seemed as if there was a communication breakdown between the two of them, somewhere.  "To be honest, ensign," he said, still feeling a bit odd calling people 'ensign', "I was asking more about your mental state.  It would appear to me that you were going through the symptoms of a panic attack.  We can get out of here, if you need...the atmosphere should be breathable."  He glanced down at the tricorder.  "Well.  We should probably, like, check it first...but I think it should be."

The purring picked up for a moment, then subsided. Her ears were pinned back, lost in her black mane of hair, her tail flicking and slightly bristled. Was she panicked? Yes. Subconsciously, the purring started again. It was oddly soothing, to hear herself purr, as if her mother was going to come along and lick behind her ears, the same way she had done when she was still a kitten.

"Jiseth is going to skin me!" she whimpered. "She's going to skin me forrrr crrrashing one of herrrr shuttles!"

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

The purring picked up for a moment, then subsided.  Her ears were pinned back, lost in her black mane of hair, her tail flicking and slightly bristled.  Was she panicked?  Yes.  Subconsciously, the purring started again.  It was oddly soothing, to hear herself purr, as if her mother was going to come along and lick behind her ears, the same way she had done when she was still a kitten.

"Jiseth is going to skin me!" she whimpered.  "She's going to skin me forrrr crrrashing one of herrrr shuttles!"

Oh. Well. That was certainly something to consider. Gavin frowned involuntarily at the mention of Jiseth. Just when it had seemed like his opinion of the Romulan had started to improve...she had to go and pull her stunt with Zero.

And prove his suspicions of her exactly right.

On the upside, he no longer beat himself up so much for starting his assignment aboard the Phoenix over a year ago as Starfleet Medical's snitch. Compared to actually stealing Zero and turning her over to Romulans...well, hell. His transgression was pretty insignificant.

"I'd not worry about what Jiseth is or isn't going to do," Gavin muttered, snapping the tricorder shut. "She'll be lucky to breathe without Starfleet Command measuring the amount of air. Anyway. Speaking of air..." He reached into his own personal bag, digging out a regular tricorder. "Readings indicate that the atmosphere is okay. Shall we get out of our wreckage?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"I'd not worry about what Jiseth is or isn't going to do," Gavin muttered, snapping the tricorder shut.  "She'll be lucky to breathe without Starfleet Command measuring the amount of air.  Anyway.  Speaking of air..."  He reached into his own personal bag, digging out a regular tricorder.  "Readings indicate that the atmosphere is okay.  Shall we get out of our wreckage?"

Persephone wondered just how much Gavin had worked with the Phoenix's suspended Chief of Flight and whether he knew just how attached she was to the shuttles and her expectations of perfection from her pilots. As soon as the Romulan found out that she had put one of the ship's shuttles beyond repair, Persephone knew that she was going to be lucky to be allowed to fly anytime in the next few years.

Getting out of the shuttle seemed like a very good idea to the Caitian and she nodded her agreement and pushing herself to her feet. This time, she managed to stay on her feet thanks to the medication Gavin had injected into her system.

She soon encountered their next problem: the doors had caved in slightly and, even though the seals had been disengaged, it was still going to take some muscle to force the hatch open.

"Gavin, I need yourrrr help with the door," she called after unsuccessfully trying to open it with her shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Persephone wondered just how much Gavin had worked with the Phoenix's suspended Chief of Flight and whether he knew just how attached she was to the shuttles and her expectations of perfection from her pilots.  As soon as the Romulan found out that she had put one of the ship's shuttles beyond repair, Persephone knew that she was going to be lucky to be allowed to fly anytime in the next few years.

Getting out of the shuttle seemed like a very good idea to the Caitian and she nodded her agreement and pushing herself to her feet.  This time, she managed to stay on her feet thanks to the medication Gavin had injected into her system.  

She soon encountered their next problem: the doors had caved in slightly and, even though the seals had been disengaged, it was still going to take some muscle to force the hatch open.

"Gavin, I need yourrrr help with the door," she called after unsuccessfully trying to open it with her shoulder.

Gavin frowned, considering the door, and the Caitian's arm. "We'll get you a proper sling made up when we get outside," he muttered, running the palm of his hand against the smooth duranium. "I'll see what I can do. It's too bad Thelos isn't here," he added. Besides the obvious reasons of wanting his partner here on this planet crashed with them, the Andorian was quite a bit stronger than he was. Even though Thelos had often said that he liked Gavin's skinny frame just as it was, a little more strength training might have come in handy in a time like this.

He wedged himself between M'Rai and the door. "Don't do that, you'll only mess your arm up further," he admonished, positioning to where he could push against the door by bracing with the legs. Finally, something within the mechanism gave, sending the door opening along its track, and firmly depositing Gavin head-over-heels to the planet surface.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Gavin frowned, considering the door, and the Caitian's arm.  "We'll get you a proper sling made up when we get outside," he muttered, running the palm of his hand against the smooth duranium.  "I'll see what I can do.  It's too bad Thelos isn't here," he added.  Besides the obvious reasons of wanting his partner here on this planet crashed with them, the Andorian was quite a bit stronger than he was.  Even though Thelos had often said that he liked Gavin's skinny frame just as it was, a little more strength training might have come in handy in a time like this.

He wedged himself between M'Rai and the door.  "Don't do that, you'll only mess your arm up further," he admonished, positioning to where he could push against the door by bracing with the legs.  Finally, something within the mechanism gave, sending the door opening along its track, and firmly depositing Gavin head-over-heels to the planet surface.

Seeing Gavin go tumbling out of the shuttle, Persephone gasped, jumping after him, afraid that there may be predators or hostile forces waiting outside for them.  Thankfully, that wasn't the case so she crouched next to him, scanning his face.  "Arrre you ok?"

While she waited for an answer, she lifted her head to get her first look at the planet they had crashed on.  The light from the suns warmed her fur.  The terrain was mostly flat, marked only by a few rolls in the landscape to break the monotony.  Trees were liberally dotted around, providing shade without starving the ground of sunlight.  The low-level foliage, grasses and shrubs, were slightly yellowed, perhaps by lack of water.  Her ears and nose twitched, her predatory instincts picking up on what looked like a group of herbivores off in the distance.  It reminded her so strongly of the times her family had gone to the savannas of the African continent on Earth to check on the large feline populations.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Seeing Gavin go tumbling out of the shuttle, Persephone gasped, jumping after him, afraid that there may be predators or hostile forces waiting outside for them.  Thankfully, that wasn't the case so she crouched next to him, scanning his face.  "Arrre you ok?"

While she waited for an answer, she lifted her head to get her first look at the planet they had crashed on.  The light from the suns warmed her fur.  The terrain was mostly flat, marked only by a few rolls in the landscape to break the monotony.  Trees were liberally dotted around, providing shade without starving the ground of sunlight.  The low-level foliage, grasses and shrubs, were slightly yellowed, perhaps by lack of water.  Her ears and nose twitched, her predatory instincts picking up on what looked like a group of herbivores off in the distance.  It reminded her so strongly of the times her family had gone to the savannas of the African continent on Earth to check on the large feline populations.

"Oof." It was a pretty good summation of how Gavin felt, landing on the spongy grass of the planet surface. He sat up, coughing up a mouthful of dust. "Hope..." he started, spitting grass. "Hope that dirt's not like, deadly poison or something." The scanners would have probably picked it up, but one never knew.

He stood, knuckling his lower back. "Well. The air smells fresh down here, at least," Gavin said, giving M'Rai a considering look. "Let's see what we can do about that arm of yours." Of course, there weren't many options. The replicators were likely to be down, too. Gavin pulled off his uniform top, re-positioning the commbadge on the breast of his teal undershirt. With that, he took out the laser scalpel, slicing the grey top into long strips. "Alright, hold that arm steady. I'm going to make you a sling."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Oof."  It was a pretty good summation of how Gavin felt, landing on the spongy grass of the planet surface.  He sat up, coughing up a mouthful of dust.  "Hope..." he started, spitting grass.  "Hope that dirt's not like, deadly poison or something."  The scanners would have probably picked it up, but one never knew.

He stood, knuckling his lower back.  "Well.  The air smells fresh down here, at least," Gavin said, giving M'Rai a considering look.  "Let's see what we can do about that arm of yours."  Of course, there weren't many options.  The replicators were likely to be down, too.  Gavin pulled off his uniform top, re-positioning the commbadge on the breast of his teal undershirt.  With that, he took out the laser scalpel, slicing the grey top into long strips.  "Alright, hold that arm steady.  I'm going to make you a sling."

Once again, Persephone's ears flicked back, looking at her arm. It hurt, yes, but she didn't think she had hurt it that badly. It was more her head that was still aching. There wasn't much she could do about that given that she had probably given it a good whack of the console when they crashed.

"It's not that bad," she replied, shrugging it and wincing. "Ok, maybe it is. But we should probably trrrrry to contact someone to pick us up. They can't do that if they don't know we've crrrashed. Finding waterrrr and shelterrrr would also be a good idea."

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:24 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Once again, Persephone's ears flicked back, looking at her arm.  It hurt, yes, but she didn't think she had hurt it that badly.  It was more her head that was still aching.  There wasn't much she could do about that given that she had probably given it a good whack of the console when they crashed.

"It's not that bad," she replied, shrugging it and wincing.  "Ok, maybe it is.  But we should probably trrrrry to contact someone to pick us up.  They can't do that if they don't know we've crrrashed.  Finding waterrrr and shelterrrr would also be a good idea."

"Uhh...yeah," Gavin drawled, cocking an eyebrow. "I just took a laser to my uniform. You're getting a sling, so hold still." He set to quickly wrapping the arm up, falling back on his basic First Aid knowledge. "You probably know how to better send a distress beacon, so I'll let you handle that. I can go try to find some water."

He tuned the tircorder to find water, scanning the ground and finding an underground stream. It seemed to grow closer to the surface as he followed it, so he reasoned that a spring would be nearby. "I might have something! I'm gonna go check it out!"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Uhh...yeah," Gavin drawled, cocking an eyebrow.  "I just took a laser to my uniform.  You're getting a sling, so hold still."  He set to quickly wrapping the arm up, falling back on his basic First Aid knowledge.  "You probably know how to better send a distress beacon, so I'll let you handle that.  I can go try to find some water."  

He tuned the tircorder to find water, scanning the ground and finding an underground stream.  It seemed to grow closer to the surface as he followed it, so he reasoned that a spring would be nearby.  "I might have something!  I'm gonna go check it out!"

With her arm strapped across her chest, Persephone was finding that quite a bit of her upper body's mobility was restricted, but she huffed, accepting that fact. He was the one with all the medical knowledge, after all. For all the Caitian knew, there was actually something wrong with her arm and it was simply the adrenaline of the situation that was keeping her from feeling it fully. After all, she still felt the need to purr to herself, although she managed not to.

"Once I've sent the distrrrress call, I'll see if I can't find us some dinnerrrrr too," she agreed, nodding to him. Before he could leave, however, she grabbed a hand phaser from the wreckage, tossing it to him, adding with a wink: "I'd rrrratherrrr not have to come and scrrrape you off the teeth of whateverrrr prrrredatorrrrs are out there."

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:08 am

Gavin took the phaser, handling it somewhat-awkwardly as he holstered the weapon to his hip.  With that settled, he returned his attention to the tricorder, following signs of water.  It was underground, but steadily rising.  Gavin turned a corner around an outcropping of brown rocks.  By this point, he was able to make visual contact with a trickle of a stream that flowed out from the stones.  The rocks themselves read as a sedimentary type, probably similar to Earth sandstone.  Excitedly, the science officer reached in, pulling a stone out in hopes of increasing the spring's flow.

Unfortunately, what he didn't see was the tiny snake that was coiled up behind the rock.  The reptile flared a gill-like appendage from its neck, using it's already-coiled position to be able to quickly strike.  Gavin cursed, looking down at the little bite-mark.  "Oh...crap.  This isn't good."  

With that, he fell to the ground with a thud.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:18 am

She wasn't sure why she sensed that there was something wrong. Perhaps it was simply one of those things that she had to attribute to her feline ancestry. Caitians were aware that there were occasions where they simply knew something.

Thankfully, she had just finished setting up the distress beacon on the shuttle, so she jumped out of the craft, scanning the land around in search of Gavin. Seeing no sign of him, she dropped onto three paws, the fourth still strapped up in its sling, and sniffed. Ah yes, there was a definite start there, but it was difficult to tell among all of the other unfamiliar scents. Still, it was going to have to do.

Running along the scent trail, it didn't take her long to find Gavin sitting by a tiny stream, nor for the smell of his blood to reach her sensitive nose. She dropped down next to him, quickly taking off the sling to use as a bandage. Since she didn't have a medkit available, she quickly took hold of Gavin's wrist, examining the wound.

"Gavin? What happened?"

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:25 am

Gavin was aware that someone was talking to him, but he was too busy to do anything about it. Much too busy...doing something. Floating. Skidding through a greyish storm of matter. Greyish...grey...matter? I'm swimming through grey matter, he thought, wondering what psychologists would make of that.

"Helloooooo..." he drawled, eyes fluttering open. Gavin immediately closed them, since he sun was so damned bright. "Hi Seph. I'd like to go back to sleep now." His tongue felt too thick to make talking easy.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Persephone's ears were lost in her black mane of hair as they pinned themselves back against her head in distress. This wasn't something that she knew how to deal with, not in the slightest. Given the slight slurring of his speech, she was guessing that the poison of whatever had bitten him had already spread a good way through his body.

"Don't you darrrre fall asleep," she warned before jumping back to her paws. It didn't take her long to sprint back to the shuttle and grab the medkit, nor to run back to where Gavin was still lying. Grabbing a generalised anti-venom from the kit, she jabbed it into his chest, over his heart, in the hope that it would allow the medication to be circulated around his body faster.

Then, taking the tricorder, she started to scan him, hoping that whatever poison the creature had, it wasn't fatal. Help was too far away and she wasn't much of a medic.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:
Persephone's ears were lost in her black mane of hair as they pinned themselves back against her head in distress.  This wasn't something that she knew how to deal with, not in the slightest.  Given the slight slurring of his speech, she was guessing that the poison of whatever had bitten him had already spread a good way through his body.

"Don't you darrrre fall asleep," she warned before jumping back to her paws.  It didn't take her long to sprint back to the shuttle and grab the medkit, nor to run back to where Gavin was still lying.  Grabbing a generalised anti-venom from the kit, she jabbed it into his chest, over his heart, in the hope that it would allow the medication to be circulated around his body faster.

Then, taking the tricorder, she started to scan him, hoping that whatever poison the creature had, it wasn't fatal.  Help was too far away and she wasn't much of a medic.

"Ugh!" Gavin groaned, as the hypo of antivenin touched his chest, injecting the medicine. His eyes fluttered and his vision swam as the medicine took a rather painful course through the bloodstream. "S-s-snake...bit me...under the rocks. Don't go over there. I shouldn't dig under rocks. I know you told me not to, mom, but I wanted to know what was under the rocks!"

He curled up, making himself a little more comfortable on the grassy surface. The blades of grass actually felt pretty good, making the prospect of going to sleep very inviting. "I should have listened to you. I'm sorry."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:58 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Ugh!" Gavin groaned, as the hypo of antivenin touched his chest, injecting the medicine.  His eyes fluttered and his vision swam as the medicine took a rather painful course through the bloodstream.  "S-s-snake...bit me...under the rocks.  Don't go over there.  I shouldn't dig under rocks.  I know you told me not to, mom, but I wanted to know what was under the rocks!"  

He curled up, making himself a little more comfortable on the grassy surface.  The blades of grass actually felt pretty good, making the prospect of going to sleep very inviting.  "I should have listened to you.  I'm sorry."

"Hey, hey, hey, no falling asleep on me," Persephone growled. Not being a medic, she didn't know what else to do, what else she could give him, but she was pretty sure that falling asleep wasn't a good idea. Since he was obviously in a slightly delirious state, she brushed off the fact that he had just referred to her as his mother, instead tapping his cheek with her paw. "Come on, name, rrrrank and position. Give me yourrrr name, rrrank and position!"

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"Hey, hey, hey, no falling asleep on me," Persephone growled.  Not being a medic, she didn't know what else to do, what else she could give him, but she was pretty sure that falling asleep wasn't a good idea.  Since he was obviously in a slightly delirious state, she brushed off the fact that he had just referred to her as his mother, instead tapping his cheek with her paw.  "Come on, name, rrrrank and position.  Give me yourrrr name, rrrank and position!"

Gavin laughed, a bubbly sound that usually came out of him when he'd slammed down the Bajoran springwine a bit too hard. His head lolled as he half-heartedly swiped his hand through the air. "Don't be silly," he slurred. "You know who I am. We wake up together every morning, Thel."

Wait. No. That wasn't right...he wasn't on the ship with his boyfriend. He was...where was he? Who was he? Oh. Yeah. "S-s-sorry..I'm Gavin. Van Gelder? Yes, like that Van Gelder. I'm an Ensign science officer." The young man suddenly frowned. "Wait, that's right...they finally promoted me. If I'd just spied on Zero like they wanted, I'd be a full Lieutenant by now."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thud.   Today at 6:54 am

Back to top Go down

Thud.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Deep Space :: Omicron Delta :: Move Along Home!-
Jump to: