Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 3 - Distractions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:49 pm


Lt. JG Mykel Carollos

[Docking Bay]

Finally, Mykel thought, as the civvy ship began to initiate docking procedures.  He'd been pulled from duty to scan newcomers to the station, what with the criminal investigation that was currently ongoing.  Shora had, of course, wanted Deacon to shut down all access to Athena.  While that had a possible practical application, Mykel knew that it also wasn't something to be entertained.  After all, they were stopping people from leaving the station - not arriving.

And so he waited.

Records indicated that the newcomer, Alexander Boone, had come out of legal trouble with the Federation some years ago.  Carollos knew that there weren't a lot of criminals left on Earth.  It was basically the same with Centaurus, his home.  It was better that way.  Cleaner.  Any species worth a damn should have evolved beyond the need for criminality by now.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign


Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 857
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor smiled reassuringly as Ilana handed him the weapon.  He reached out, briefly touching her face.  "Yes.  I do not know the motive, but apparently someone is harvesting organs.  It could be a cult.  Those Bajorans are all insane like that."  

He reached up, removing a section of ventilation grate and sliding it aside, the weight of the duranium proving little obstacle to his strength.  Raynor clipped the phaser to his belt, gripping the ledge of the duct and hoisting himself up.  After a brief moment to reconnoiter the area, the Klingon poked his head back down into Sickbay.  A small detachment of security officers had arrived, making Raynor feel better about leaving Ilana alone.  "Nu?  If you wish to join the hunt, I could use your help watching the scanner readings."

[Sickbay]

Harvesting organs? The thought of doing such a thing made the young medic shudder. It went against her medical ethics to attack people and take their organs and, by extension, their lives. It went against her very nature to even consider such a thing.

As she watched him clamber up into the jefferies tube, she quickly scrambled up onto the workbench he had used as a stepping stone to get up there. As much as she wanted him to stay with her, keep her safe as he always did, she knew that he needed to go out there and catch whatever was doing this. So, Ilana reached up on her toes, gripping the edge of the ventilation grate to keep her balance, and kissed his cranial ridges.

"B-b-be c-c-careful," she warned, letting herself drop back down onto her whole foot.

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Alex Boone



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Alex stood in front of his controls for a couple of minutes waiting for a response.  Even though the S.S. Eagle had a crew complement of four, the young pilot liked to do things himself.  As he looked at the Starbase he remembered his days with Starfleet.  For him it felt like a lifetime ago.  
[quote="Rachel Deacon"]

Alex began inputting his verification codes to the Starbase and responded “Althena Station, this is SS Eagle, acknowledged receipt of communications and proceeding to docking bay 3, as ordered. Eagle out”

Alex had configured the controls of his ship in an unorthodox matter.  He had a main flight joystick which is similar to the old air and spaceships.  Even though the modern layout offered more options he still believe in his heard that flying is an art and not a science.  He had screen around his control giving him sensor, shield, communication and navigational information.  But the joystick was his favorite part the ability to take control away from computers was freeing.


As he approached Docking Bay 3 he noticed the docking door of the station opening.  A Message came from the comm system.  “This is Docking Bay 3, we have the ball”.  Alex shook his head, it was typical Starfleet to treat commercial pilots as second class pilots.

He pressed a couple of buttons on his control and responded “Negative, I am going to keep the ball and proceeded the landing manually, no tractor assistance required”.  

The young pilot began to chuckle as he started thinking of the chaos he created in the room.  For all he knew they might think he was suicidal.
Dropping his speed and using only thrusters according to Starfleet regulations he began a steady decent to the docking area.  He learned in the academy that it was important to trust his instruments when taking manual control.  It was a rookie mistake to assume the controls are faulty.  As he approached the area he looked from his windows and noticed that the area was clear.  As he finished his final vector entry he proceeded to land the ship.


*CLANG
*

Alex felt a small bump across the ship.  Even though a Tractor beam would have been a smoother ride, it required real skill to land the ship in his way.  Further and more importantly it was one of the few times that he actually performed decent difficulties maneuvers.  

As he landed he began to power down the ship and took the safety belt out of his seat.  As he stood from the pilot’s seat he smiled as he said to himself “Nothing like a good old replicator food, just like mooma home cokkin”

[Docking Bay 3]

After a couple of minutes the primary door of the ship opened and began heading outside.  He had a small PADD which required a signature for the delivery of the medical goods.  As he approached he noticed a person wearing yellow.

Great! either security, or the Ops personnel to help me unload...why can’t security wear like a different color such as pink....yeah that would look pretty Alex though

He approached an individual that had the rank of Lieutenant Jg. He looked humanoid and almost dirty blond curly hair.  Even though he did not have to adress him by his rank, some habits die hard/

“Lieutenant, I am the pilot of the Eagle.  I brought some medical supplies with level 2 restrictions on them.   I also need the authorized officer to sign the arrival of the cargo” Alex said in a professional tone.

[NPC]

[

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:


Harvesting organs?  The thought of doing such a thing made the young medic shudder.  It went against her medical ethics to attack people and take their organs and, by extension, their lives.  It went against her very nature to even consider such a thing.  

As she watched him clamber up into the jefferies tube, she quickly scrambled up onto the workbench he had used as a stepping stone to get up there.  As much as she wanted him to stay with her, keep her safe as he always did, she knew that he needed to go out there and catch whatever was doing this.  So, Ilana reached up on her toes, gripping the edge of the ventilation grate to keep her balance, and kissed his cranial ridges.

"B-b-be c-c-careful," she warned, letting herself drop back down onto her whole foot.

[Sickbay]

Grinning, Raynor threw Ilana a devilish wink as she kissed him. "I will come back to you." It was a simple promise, and one that the Klingon made every time that he left her. He'd be damned if he didn't keep it.

Raynor handily helped Nu into the maintenance ducts with him. He glanced down at the phaser, frowning as he turned it to 'stun'. Unfortunately in this instance, he'd have to play by Federation rules. Never mind what he wanted to do to someone that dared threaten Ilana.

"Time is an enemy, here," Raynor said to Sigma, crouching low and clambering quickly through the tubes. "We will not bother with stealth. Let's go!"

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:20 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:


[Sickbay]

Grinning, Raynor threw Ilana a devilish wink as she kissed him.  "I will come back to you."  It was a simple promise, and one that the Klingon made every time that he left her.  He'd be damned if he didn't keep it.

Raynor handily helped Nu into the maintenance ducts with him.  He glanced down at the phaser, frowning as he turned it to 'stun'.  Unfortunately in this instance, he'd have to play by Federation rules.  Never mind what he wanted to do to someone that dared threaten Ilana.

"Time is an enemy, here," Raynor said to Sigma, crouching low and clambering quickly through the tubes.  "We will not bother with stealth.  Let's go!"

[Maintence Tubes]

Back in the tubes they went. Sigma allowed for a few seconds to adjust their eyes to the changed lightlevel, but couldn't wait long before Raynor started out and they had to clamber along with them. They spent enough time in these to know where they were going, by they kept their tricorder out and ready to scan for any enemy biosigns.

Silence? That was unheard of on a normal day for Sigma. Their metal-covered joins and hands made for noise wherever they went, especially when it hit the tubes below their knees.

" There's a junction up ahead," the Deltan informed. "There's something on the edge of my scanner up there. It's moving fast, though."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:22 pm


Lt. JG Mykel Carollos

Alex Boone wrote:

He approached an individual that had the rank of Lieutenant Jg. He looked humanoid and almost dirty blond curly hair.  Even though he did not have to adress him by his rank, some habits die hard/

“Lieutenant, I am the pilot of the Eagle.  I brought some medical supplies with level 2 restrictions on them.   I also need the authorized officer to sign the arrival of the cargo” Alex said in a professional tone.

[Docking Bay]

Carollos cocked a rather-unimpressed eyebrow at the pilot, double-checking his padd. "You would be Mr. Boone, correct? Please review this manifest and sign the bottom. By signing, you agree to submit to a security scan." Mykel wasn't usually this abrupt, but his nerves were on the edge due to all the recent station happenings. "You sign, I sign," the Centauran said, smiling slightly. "Deal?"

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Alex Boone



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:14 pm

[Docking Bay 3]

Alex stood in front of the officer with perfect body alignment.  Even though he had relaxed over the year part of his bodies betrayed the projection that he wanted.  He wanted to appear smooth and arrogant.  However, his deeper personality was different.

He observed the individual as he checked his PADD.  Alex did not figure much about the individual personality.  His uniformed seemed to be in order.  The individual said to Alex.

"NPC wrote:

"You would be Mr. Boone, correct?  Please review this manifest and sign the bottom.  By signing, you agree to submit to a security scan."  

Alex looked at the individual and said “I am Mr. Boone, but please, I rather if you call me Alex.  What’s your name, Lieutenant? ”.   As he handed the PADD Alex started thinking Mr. Boone is another person, I just want to be Alex trying to build my new life

With the PADD at hand he began looking at the Cargo Manifest carefully.  He figured being new at the Starbase, they would be on edge.  As he looked at the list it all seemed to be the Medical supplies with a couple of restricted items which required his cargo clearance.  Alex figured that restricted medical supplies were harder to replicate and required shipment.  

As he looked at the manifest he did not pay attention to the individual as he said

"NPC wrote:


"You sign, I sign," ..."Deal?"

Alex looked at the officer in front of him.  His tone of voice and reaction looked nervous.  His  instincts told him something was up.  He smiled gently and he signed the document.  The pilot said “Of Course...”.

As he finished signing he Handed the PADD over the Junior Officer and he looked at him he wanted to get some information.  “Is everything, ok, man?  You look a little jumpy.”  As he finished the sentence he looked with a smile.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Alex Boone wrote:
[Docking Bay 3]

Alex stood in front of the officer with perfect body alignment.  Even though he had relaxed over the year part of his bodies betrayed the projection that he wanted.  He wanted to appear smooth and arrogant.  However, his deeper personality was different.

He observed the individual as he checked his PADD.  Alex did not figure much about the individual personality.  His uniformed seemed to be in order.  The individual said to Alex.

Alex looked at the individual and said “I am Mr. Boone, but please, I rather if you call me Alex.  What’s your name, Lieutenant? ”.   As he handed the PADD Alex started thinking Mr. Boone is another person, I just want to be Alex trying to build my new life

With the PADD at hand he began looking at the Cargo Manifest carefully.  He figured being new at the Starbase, they would be on edge.  As he looked at the list it all seemed to be the Medical supplies with a couple of restricted items which required his cargo clearance.  Alex figured that restricted medical supplies were harder to replicate and required shipment.  

As he looked at the manifest he did not pay attention to the individual as he said

Alex looked at the officer in front of him.  His tone of voice and reaction looked nervous.  His  instincts told him something was up.  He smiled gently and he signed the document.  The pilot said “Of Course...”.

As he finished signing he Handed the PADD over the Junior Officer and he looked at him he wanted to get some information.  “Is everything, ok, man?  You look a little jumpy.”  As he finished the sentence he looked with a smile.

[Docking Bay]

Mykel frowned at the restricted materials listed on the cargo manifests. Two more security officers filed past the group. He assumed that they were for the 'restricted' things. "Everything's wonderful," the young man said, signing the padd in turn. "Just another day at the end of outer space."

The Centauran sighed, tucking the padd under his arm. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be on edge. Name's Carollos. You just picked a hell of a time to climb aboard."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Alex Boone



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:36 pm

[Docking Bay 3]

Alex observed as two more individuals wearing yellow came into the docking bay. My, my I have not received this much attention since I went to the President of the United Federations Ball . Alex though.

Alex noticed that the individuals gave him a look. The veteran pilot attempted to remain calm. Starfleet “yellows” have made him uncomfortable once again he does not know if they are either ops or security. He turned his focus to the officer which responded.

NPC wrote:

Everything's wonderful

Alex responded with a small smile as he detected the sarcasm in the officer’s statement. He looked down at the floor and he heard the second statement.

NPC wrote:

"Just another day at the end of outer space."

For a moment it reminded Alex his former life and stated in a casual tone “I know the feeling, never a dull day, man”

As he laugh a little and he let the officer continue.

NPC wrote:

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be on edge. Name's Carollos. You just picked a hell of a time to climb aboard."

Alex cross his arms and said “I know the feeling; Lieutenant Carollos...let me give you a small bit of advice...enjoy it. As much stress as things you encounter, there is nothing like working with the unknown. Before you know it, it can be all over”

As Alex finished his statement he inquired “Am I free to go? I am looking forward to grab a Synthale at the bar?”

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:17 am


[Maintenance Conduits]

The two Vidiians were moving quickly, trying to keep ahead of the two Starfleet personnel pursuing them. It would seem that they were mistaken, or perhaps taken too much too quickly in their enthusiasm for a fresh hunting ground.

A hatch between two sections of the maintenance conduits slid shut, separating the two, leaving one Vidiian at the mercy of those following him.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:45 am

Sigma Nu wrote:

" There's a junction up ahead," the Deltan informed. "There's something on the edge of my scanner up there. It's moving fast, though."

[Conduits]

Raynor made a non-committal grunt, powering himself forward as quickly as he could, given his crouched position. Maintenance conduits were just simply not made for large people, and he most definitely could not be called 'small'.

NPC wrote:
The two Vidiians were moving quickly, trying to keep ahead of the two Starfleet personnel pursuing them. It would seem that they were mistaken, or perhaps taken too much too quickly in their enthusiasm for a fresh hunting ground.

A hatch between two sections of the maintenance conduits slid shut, separating the two, leaving one Vidiian at the mercy of those following him.

The sound of a hatch sliding shut focused the Klingon's attention as he rounded another corner. It would appear that, either by accident or by design, the creature's compatriot had shut him out and shut off his avenue of escape. Raynor calmly clicked the phaser to the lowest 'kill' setting - certainly not enough to vaporize, but low enough for precision aiming. He aimed the weapon and fired, blasting the alien's leg below the knee. "Don't move," the Klingon said, with a barbarously feral grin.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
NPC



Post of the Month - Mission
Posts : 296
Join date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:57 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
The sound of a hatch sliding shut focused the Klingon's attention as he rounded another corner.  It would appear that, either by accident or by design, the creature's compatriot had shut him out and shut off his avenue of escape.  Raynor calmly clicked the phaser to the lowest 'kill' setting - certainly not enough to vaporize, but low enough for precision aiming.  He aimed the weapon and fired, blasting the alien's leg below the knee.  "Don't move," the Klingon said, with a barbarously feral grin.


[Maintenance Conduits]

Ranin turned around as he heard the Starfleet personnel coming up behind him and let out a hissing yell as a blast from his phaser hit his leg. Damned Starfleet! Weren't they supposed to ask questions before firing?

"What do you want?" he asked, his many dermal transplants making his expression difficult to read.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:07 pm

NPC wrote:

Ranin turned around as he heard the Starfleet personnel coming up behind him and let out a hissing yell as a blast from his phaser hit his leg.  Damned Starfleet!  Weren't they supposed to ask questions before firing?  

"What do you want?" he asked, his many dermal transplants making his expression difficult to read.

[Conduits]

"To kill you where you lay," Raynor answered, matter-of-factly. There was no shame in exterminating honorless vermin, and anyone who dared threaten Ilana instantly fell in that category, in Raynor's reckoning. "However..." he kept the phaser leveled at the creature, trying to puzzle out just whatever the hell it was. Something tickled at the back of his memory...something to do with reports that Voyager had brought back. It was of little importance right now, though. "I suppose I've already used up my 'exchange officer' buffer in shooting you once."

The Klingon removed his commbadge, leaning down to slap it on to the alien's overshirt with a lot more force than was necessary. He cocked an eyebrow, smirking evilly as he slapped it once again to activate it.

=^="Hughes to security, Admiral Deacon - I have a suspect in custody. Lock on to my commbadge signal to beam it to the brig."=^=

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral


1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member
Posts : 375
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 pm

[Later - Deacon's Office]

With one of the two suspects in the brig, it hadn't taken long to find the second and, when she found out exactly who they were, Deacon had wondered if it would take too long to pop into sickbay and pick up something for the headache starting to develop.

Vidiians.

Never mind the question of how exactly they got to the Alpha Quadrant, a question they had yet to answer, but the fact that the organ harvesters had used her station as a transplant hunting ground was enough to get her teeth grinding.

A report had quickly been sent off to Starfleet Command, and a return communication had specified that they were sending someone out to deal with their guests. Until then, Rachel turned her attention to the handful of PADDs containing condolence letters to the families of the victims.

Looking up from the devices, she raised an eyebrow at a Tribble cooing and scooting along the edge of her desk. With the help of the transporters and the science departments, all of the Tribbles had been rounded up and quickly neutered to prevent further breeding, but apparently, it was still difficult to contain so many of the creatures in one place without escapees.

Her hand reached to her commbadge, intending to let the science department know that one of their Tribbles was in her office, but then slowly replaced it on the surface of her desk.

After all, it's purring was... quite... soothing...

[End]

_______________________________

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 3 - Distractions   Today at 12:43 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 3 - Distractions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: