An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:18 pm

[Starbase Athena]

T'Lara stepped out of the airlock and made a beeline for Rama's Bar. She hadn't had anything to drink in hours and her recent encounter with the shadow beings had left her depleted of her usual control. As she walked she ignored the stream of people walking towards her and alongside her until she accidentally bumped into one of them. Looking up, she saw a man who was several inches taller than her. He had light brown hair and his blue eyes looked startled as she quickly backed away from him.

"I apologize, Sir. I did not mean to be in your way," she said. Not knowing the man's name, she figured that 'sir' would be an acceptable title. Standing for just a second, she suddenly felt that this awkward situation could be resolved very easily.

"I was going to Rama's bar, would you care to join me?" she asked. The statement was extremely human, but ever since her mother had passed away, T'Lara didn't pay as much attention to the "Vulcan way" of doing things.

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:58 pm

[Starbase Althena]
Alex was wearing a leather jacket. He had just arrived at the station and was looking forward to have a drink. His newest cargo seemed to be something interesting. It was some relics than Andorians took from the Monestary in P’Jem. Even thought it was mostly old relics the Vulcan leadership wanted their delivery to be done discreetly.

He was an individual that could be discreet and his piloting skills were good for the sector. The veteran pilot wanted to have a drink before he had to leave to the second leg of his journey. As he walked the Starbase he noticed as usual it was full of Starfleet officers around.

He missed his time there. He walked into entrance of the bar. As he remained walking he felt a small bump to his side. He quickly reached his inner coat pocket to check if someone stole items from him. All of his bars and ID’s were in his pocket. He looked at the individual and it appeared she was a Starfleet Officer. She was wearing a blue which meant to him that she was Medical or Science. She was short black or dark brown hair. By her ears he could tell that she was humanoid based life form and probably Vulcan. The Vulcan said

T'Lara wrote:

"I apologize, Sir. I did not mean to be in your way,"

Alex turned around and acknowledged the Vulcan. The Culture was very appropriate and professional. , He knew the statements was going to be appropriate normally, he would be casual. However, his training and experience was showing.

“I acknowledge your apology, but I would also apologize on my behalf....” Alex stated. He looked at her rank and said “Petty Officer...”

The Vulcan continued .

T'Lara wrote:

"I was going to Rama's bar, would you care to join me?"

This is very interesting, not typical of Vulcan Culture Alex though to himself.

He stood for a second and said “Absolutely, I always enjoy meeting people. By the way, the name is Alex and may I inquire how to address you Petty Officer?” Alex finished his question. He figured she would be slightly a confused as he appeared to more educated than an ordinary civilian pilot.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Alex Boone wrote:
[Starbase Althena]
Alex was wearing a leather jacket.  He had just arrived at the station and was looking forward to have a drink.   His newest cargo seemed to be something interesting.  It was some relics than Andorians took from the Monestary in P’Jem.  Even thought it was mostly old relics the Vulcan leadership wanted their delivery to be done discreetly.  

He was an individual that could be discreet and his piloting skills were good for the sector.  The veteran pilot wanted to have a drink before he had to leave to the second leg of his journey.  As he walked the Starbase he noticed as usual it was full of Starfleet officers around.

He missed his time there.   He walked into entrance of the bar.  As he remained walking he felt a small bump to his side.  He quickly reached his inner coat pocket to check if someone stole items from him.  All of his bars and ID’s were in his pocket.   He looked at the individual and it appeared she was a Starfleet Officer.   She was wearing a blue which meant to him that she was Medical or Science.  She was short black or dark brown hair.  By her ears he could tell that she was humanoid based life form and probably Vulcan.  The Vulcan said

Alex turned around and acknowledged the Vulcan.  The Culture was very appropriate and professional. , He knew the statements was going to be appropriate normally, he would be casual.  However, his training and experience was showing.  

“I acknowledge your apology, but I would also apologize on my behalf....” Alex stated.  He looked at her rank and said “Petty Officer...”

The Vulcan continued .

This is very interesting, not typical of Vulcan Culture Alex though to himself.

He stood for a second and said “Absolutely, I always enjoy meeting people.  By the way, the name is Alex and may I inquire how to address you Petty Officer?”  Alex finished his question.  He figured she would be slightly a confused as he appeared to more educated than an ordinary civilian pilot.  

[Starbase Athena- Rama's Bar]

T'Lara thought for a second. The man was not dressed in a Starfleet uniform, yet he knew her rank. However, since she wasn't on duty she found no reason for him to call her by her rank.

"My name is T'Lara. You may address me with this name, as I am not on duty." She walked with Alex into the bar.

"Vulcan spice tea, please," she requested of the bartender. "And..." she looked at Alex, waiting for him to give his order.

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:35 pm

The veteran pilot followed her into the bar scene.  As he arrived he did his usual monitor all the exits points in the room.  From his limited observation they were 2 majors exist and one minor one.  Most of the individuals were wearing casual clothing.  

There was a fair amount of Starfleet individual in the bar.  His attention turned more towards the civilians.  Starfleet individuals are well trained  and they tend to follow regulations.  Civilians on the other hand, they can be dangerous, there is no way to tell whether they are armed or not.  

He looked at the Vulcan wearing a blue uniform as she introduced herself.  

T'Lara wrote:

"My name is T'Lara. You may address me with this name, as I am not on duty."

Alex instead us using the usual handshake used his diplomatic training and bow his head slightly.  

“Pleasure meeting you T’Lara, my name is Alex.”.  said Alex

He would normally extend his hand but he avoided his usually habits for the sake of diplomacy.  He did smile at her.

As he finished she inquired

T'Lara wrote:

"Vulcan spice tea, please," ..."And..."

Alex smiled as he stated “Root Beer...you can’t drink and fly” Ha gave a big smile as he finished.  He did gave  As he finished he remembered that he needed to leave to Vulcan soon to deliver the artifacts.  

“So can I ask you a question what do you know about the Monastery of P’Jem?” the veteran pilot inquired.

Last edited by Alex Boone on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:43 am

Alex Boone wrote:

The veteran pilot followed her into the bar scene.  As he arrived he did his usual monitor all the exits points in the room.  From his limited observation they were 2 majors exist and one minor one.  Most of the individuals were wearing casual clothing.  

There was a fair amount of Starfleet individual in the bar.  His attention turned more towards the civilians.  Starfleet individuals are well trained  and they tend to follow regulations.  Civilians on the other hand, they can be dangerous, there is no way to tell whether they are armed or not.  

He looked at the Vulcan wearing a blue uniform as she introduced herself.  

Alex instead us using the usual handshake used his diplomatic training and bow his head slightly.  

“Pleasure meeting you T’Lara, my name is Alex.”.  said Alex

He would normally extend his hand but he avoided his usually habits for the sake of diplomacy.  He did smile at her.

T'Lara also nodded her head to the young man in acknowledgement. He had already said his name, but she still appreciated the formal introduction.

"It is acceptable to meet you as well, Alex," she said. She saw that he was looking around the bar and wondered why he looked almost paranoid. Before she could inquire about it, he had turned his head back to look at her. She then ordered her drink.  

Quote :
As he finished she inquired

Alex smiled as he stated “Root Beer...you can’t drink and fly” Ha gave a big smile as he finished.  He did gave  As he finished he remembered that he needed to leave to Vulcan soon to deliver the artifacts.  

“So can I ask you a question what do you know about the Monastery of P’Jem?” the veteran pilot inquired.

As the bartender got their drinks, T'Lara looked closely at Alex and thought about his question. If he was asking about the monastery, logic dictated that he was probably going there. No one simply discussed P'Jem without having some prior knowledge of it. She wondered how he was going to get there. It was quite possible that he had his own ship, and if he was going to the P'Jem system he may be able to drop her off at Vulcan. She had made other arrangements for transportation, but they were certainly not set in stone. She answered Alex's question.

"The original Monastery of P'Jem was built at least 3,310 years ago, but it was destroyed in 2151 by the Andorians and later rebuilt in 2170. It is a sacred place where the Kolinahr ritual is typically performed. I made a pilgrimage to the site when I was a small child. Why do you ask?"

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

The Bartender got both of their drinks. He looked at T’Lara and observed the type of drink that she ordered. Back at the Academy he learned that some Vulcan believed in certain drinks that contained alcohol while others did not. While they were not offended by people drinking around it was courtesy to refrain from drinking.

As looked at his dark bubbly drink, he took a sip. It tasted sweet and bubbly. As he took a couple of sips of his drink he heard her answer and question.

T'Lara wrote:

"The original Monastery of P'Jem was built at least 3,310 years ago, but it was destroyed in 2151 by the Andorians and later rebuilt in 2170. It is a sacred place where the Kolinahr ritual is typically performed. I made a pilgrimage to the site when I was a small child. Why do you ask?"

She knows her history, and also what happened. Alex though

“Just curious” Alex responded in a nonchalant manner.

He took another sip from his Root Beer an continued “It was a sacred Monastery Built in part by the Vulcan Master Haadok. Records indicate that he was entombed below the Monastery which was subsequently destroyed. After the Monastery got destroyed a lot of the original relics and tombs were lost, stolen or destroyed. Now, I assume you know more about Vulcan records than myself. Let’s say hypothetically if someone “found” mummified remains they think it might belong to Haadok, is there someone in Vulcan that can authenticate it? Alex inquired.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Alex Boone wrote:

The Bartender got both of their drinks.  He looked at T’Lara and observed the type of drink that she ordered.  Back at the Academy he learned that some Vulcan believed in certain drinks that contained alcohol while others did not.  While they were not offended by people drinking around it was courtesy to refrain from drinking.

As looked at his dark bubbly drink, he took a sip.  It tasted sweet and bubbly.  As he took a couple of sips of his drink he heard her answer and question.

She knows her history, and also what happened. Alex though

“Just curious” Alex responded in a nonchalant manner.  

He took another sip from his Root Beer an continued “It was a sacred Monastery Built in part by the Vulcan Master Haadok.  Records indicate that he was entombed below the Monastery which was subsequently destroyed.  After the Monastery got destroyed a lot of the original relics and tombs were lost, stolen or destroyed.

"That is correct," T'Lara confirmed.

Quote :
Now, I assume you know more about Vulcan records than myself.  Let’s say hypothetically if someone “found” mummified remains they think it might belong to Haadok, is there someone in Vulcan that can authenticate it? Alex inquired.  

"Hypothetically..." T'Lara thought to herself. Whenever humans used this term, she came to learn that they almost never meant it literally. They usually used the term in order to gain information to execute a plan. Well, T'Lara wanted to know this plan. So, she was going to play along.

"If someone found such remains there are people who are able to authenticate them. However, I do not believe you would find said people at the Monastery. I'm assuming you have found the remains in question?"

She knew of several people at the Science Academy who would be able to identify the remains. And if none of these people were available she could always ask her brother for his connections. But before she did anything else she had to know exactly what Mr. Boone was up to.

PostSubject: Re: An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]   Today at 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down

An Unlikely Meeting [(Alex/T'Lara)]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Deep Space :: Omicron Delta-
Jump to: