Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Mission 10: The Harvest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
But speaking of Engineering, Buris muttered when he saw reports fly across his board. "Sir!  Explosion in Engineering! One casualty, Engineer Kaz - beamed to Sickbay with massive burns."

He heard the Captain give the order to beam them back to their own ship, and grimaced.  That would just let them come back.  But he pushed the order through to Crewman Keldar - and Vidiians started to disappear from wherever they were on the Phoenix.  "Sir - permission to enable use of cargo transporters to rematerialize intruders on their own vessel - we really do need the high-res units for our wounded to get to Sickbay safely..."

[Bridge]

Archangel's attention snapped to the operations station as she heard the officer manning it call out to her. Her heart leapt from her side to her mouth at the mention of an explosion in Engineering and, although she would never admit it to anyone, was silently relieved that it hadn't been Gabriel needing transported to sickbay. A second's thought told her that Kintiss, Alpha and th'Zhela were on duty, reassuring her that the young Trill was in expert hands.

She narrowed her eyes at the young Ensign, wondering just why he seemed insistent on doing these aliens harm. With her many years as an engineer behind her, she knew exactly why the cargo transporters weren't generally used as personnel transporters without significant work on them to render the targeting scanners and buffers more accurate.

"Denied, Ensign. We have four transporters, plus the four emergency transporters. There are plenty of resources there to not have to screw around with the cargo transporters!"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Posts : 399
Join date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Bridge]

Nodding her head sharply, Archangel acknowledged what Lieutenant Van Gelder was saying.  If she was completely honest with herself, she was rapidly losing patience with the whole situation.  Had she not been bound by the expectations and regulations of Starfleet, she most probably would have had her security crews use lethal force.  Fortunately for them, her loyalty to the Federation won out over her personal desires.

"Beam them back to their own ship," she ordered.  "Try to keep them in one piece, but that's not to come above getting them off the Phoenix."



Swearing in Romulan, she realised that they were rapidly starting to run out of options.  Sealing off the bridge completely was a bad idea.  They needed to be able to escape rapidly should the situation go to Areinnye in a hurry.  

=/\=Negative, Rellek.  Secure all sensitive areas.  We'll concentrate on defending the bridge.=/\=

Looking to the rest of the bridge, she ordered:  "Arm yourselves.  Phasers set to stun.  You shoot first and ask questions later, is that understood?"

[Bridge]

Boarded

That single word seemed to be echoing in the head of every officer on the bridge. Safefta Pardek was no exception. It was one of the most terrifying situations a starship could find themselves in during combat, as it put them on the extreme defensive.

Immediately after hearing the order to defend themselves, Safefta went to the wall compartment and retrieved a phaser rifle. "There are firearms in the wall compartment," she stated, with a gesture. "There is little time."

As the threat of a bridge invasion became more imminent, Safefta began more acutely aware of the suggestions flying around-- specifically, Kejal's. Though the Vidiians were their enemies, she didn't like the Bajoran's unnecessarily dangerous suggestions.

"You are far too trigger-happy," she said bluntly. "I do not approve. Find a more appropriate solution."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:59 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

He heard the Captain give the order to beam them back to their own ship, and grimaced.  That would just let them come back.  But he pushed the order through to Crewman Keldar - and Vidiians started to disappear from wherever they were on the Phoenix.  "Sir - permission to enable use of cargo transporters to rematerialize intruders on their own vessel - we really do need the high-res units for our wounded to get to Sickbay safely..."


[Corridor]

Julia's body tensed as she saw the Vidiians peek around the corner of the bulkhead. With a slight tap to his elbow she alerted Connor to the approaching forces. She extended her weapon and with a deep breathe she began to lay down fire to suppress their advance. With the first shot, she missed, but was successful in hindering the advance towards the ships command center.

The Vidiians, tucked behind a bulkhead, returned fire with only a single shot. Immediately following that shot a haze of blue surrounded the Vidiian only meters from the Phoenix's response team. Julia raised her hand indicating that the team should cease fire. She pulled her tricorder and scanned the area, only shifting her eyes from the approach vector for a moment. "Their gone, for the moment." She confirmed.

=/\="Rellek to bridge, the intruders were just dematerialized. You're timing couldn't have been better."=/\= Her tricorder beeped indicating approaching lifesigns from the aperture of the opening between the vessels. =/\="But we've got more company on the way... Any luck on breaking our leash?"=/\=

With weapons raised she awaited their approach, but inwardly hoping the bridge would come to their rescue once again.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:19 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

It only took a second or two after the communication for the sound of the transporters to fill Zero's ears as the Trill materialised on a biobed.  A strange sensation of panic seized her chest, prompting her to dart over to the bed, grabbing a kit on the way.

"Leela, respond!" she ordered, hoping to get some answer that she was conscious as she prepped a hypo of painkiller and injected it into her neck before she ran the tricorder over the burned body, looking for any internal injuries.

Her badly burned body materialized on the biobed. Leela's head flinched ever-so-slightly as she heard her friend Zero call to her. Her eyes opened for a moment. With a painful breathe she uttered "Nantia" in a moment of confusion. Her death was close to the surface of the trills mind when the console exploded. Her mind then cleared for a moment. She was able to pull together some temporary clarity. She glanced up to Zero, her eyes full of an all to familiar despair.

"The symbiont, Zero, save the..."

The effort required to utter the simple phrase drained Leela. She could feel her mind fading. Her eyelids felt like 100 kilo weights had been attached. She took a struggled breathe.

Her eyes fell shut and her head fell limp towards Zero. The sights and sounds of sickbay faded into black as Leela lost consciousness again.

Lying on the biobed, unconscious, her fate was left in the hands of the medical staff aboard the [I] Phoenix.[/]

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:18 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Her badly burned body materialized on the biobed. Leela's head flinched ever-so-slightly as she heard her friend Zero call to her. Her eyes opened for a moment. With a painful breathe she uttered "Nantia" in a moment of confusion. Her death was close to the surface of the trills mind when the console exploded. Her mind then cleared for a moment. She was able to pull together some temporary clarity. She glanced up to Zero, her eyes full of an all to familiar despair.

"The symbiont, Zero, save the..."

The effort required to utter the simple phrase drained Leela. She could feel her mind fading. Her eyelids felt like 100 kilo weights had been attached. She took a struggled breathe.

Her eyes fell shut and her head fell limp towards Zero. The sights and sounds of sickbay faded into black as Leela lost consciousness again.

Lying on the biobed, unconscious, her fate was left in the hands of the medical staff aboard the [I] Phoenix.[/]

[Sickbay]

Luckily, (or perhaps not), for Leela, Zero had no intention of letting her friend die. The tricorder was showing no internal injuries apart from some burns to the lung tissue, but the trauma of the plasma burns was possibly enough to kill the Trill.

She jabbed a dose of trioxin into Leela's neck, hoping to compensate for the burned pulmonary tissue before activating the life support system and getting to work on the more severe burns with a dermal regenerator.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:31 am

Julia Rellek wrote:


Julia's body tensed as she saw the Vidiians peek around the corner of the bulkhead. With a slight tap to his elbow she alerted Connor to the approaching forces. She extended her weapon and with a deep breathe she began to lay down fire to suppress their advance. With the first shot, she missed, but was successful in hindering the advance towards the ships command center.

The Vidiians, tucked behind a bulkhead, returned fire with only a single shot. Immediately following that shot a haze of blue surrounded the Vidiian only meters from the Phoenix's response team. Julia raised her hand indicating that the team should cease fire. She pulled her tricorder and scanned the area, only shifting her eyes from the approach vector for a moment. "Their gone, for the moment." She confirmed.

=/\="Rellek to bridge, the intruders were just dematerialized. You're timing couldn't have been better."=/\= Her tricorder beeped indicating approaching lifesigns from the aperture of the opening between the vessels. =/\="But we've got more company on the way... Any luck on breaking our leash?"=/\=

With weapons raised she awaited their approach, but inwardly hoping the bridge would come to their rescue once again.

[Corridors]

Just keep firing, Conor thought, raising the rifle again as he worked in concert with Commander Rellek. He took his time with his shots. A rifle was not a hand weapon. It was meant to be fired with purpose. Therefore...not always the best kind of weapon to have in close-quarters fights like these, but...it seemed to be knocking the living hell out of these people with extreme prejudice. That counted for something.

He used the reprieve granted by the transporters to take a quick breather. "More coming, huh? Good god. These people are freakin' nuts. I'd hate to know what their actual concept of 'acceptable losses' is."

Aperture...if they were still attached to the ship on a manual level, the Bridge could spend all day playing whack-a-lunatic in trying to beam these bastards off. "That connection was on the forward section, right?" Conor asked, checking the charge of his rifle. "We could get some concussive charges planted. Blast the thing and separate it manually."

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:45 pm

[Bridge]

Listening to the back-and-forth between Ops and the captain, Gavin bounced ideas through his head like a mental tennis match. Kejal's viewpoint was a rather bloody one, almost more in place on a Klingon ship, but...well, it only took a cursory glance at the Bajoran's age to logic out that perhaps he'd seen some dark things in his time.

Gavin turned his attention away from personnel issues and back to the problem at hand. Yes, cargo transporters were too broad-stroke to handle living things safely, but...maybe...

"Uh!" he said, tapping his lower lip. "The shields are scrapped, so we wouldn't be losing much if we lowered what we have running on auxilliary, right?" Without waiting for an answer, he talked on, sounding as if he were thinking out loud. "We could use the industrial transporters after all. Like, if we beamed their umbilical attachment from space and into our cargo hold..."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Technical Precision
Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 pm

[Bridge]

Quote :
"Denied, Ensign. We have four transporters, plus the four emergency transporters. There are plenty of resources there to not have to screw around with the cargo transporters!"

Buris nodded at the Captain's comment, trying to hide the frustration he was feeling - dammit, they were being boarded!  This wasn't a risk in exploration, this was a deliberate attack by a sentient race - one which had attacked before; and would again if given the chance.  If they were cold-blooded enough to do that, they deserved whatever the Federation could give them.  But he tried to keep his tone neutral.  "Aye, Captain."

Quote :
As the threat of a bridge invasion became more imminent, Safefta began more acutely aware of the suggestions flying around-- specifically, Kejal's. Though the Vidiians were their enemies, she didn't like the Bajoran's unnecessarily dangerous suggestions.

"You are far too trigger-happy," she said bluntly. "I do not approve. Find a more appropriate solution."

Buris couldn't take a moment to turn and look at the Vulcanoid at the back of the Bridge, as he was focused entirely on ensuring the intruders didn't return; then coordinating repair teams to critical systems.  His tone was a bit sharper than the one he'd taken to the Captain. "Noted - Tactical officer doesn't approve of taking necessary actions to remove invaders from this vessel.  The 'appropriate solution' is to ensure that the invaders are removed, and whatever fleet they are aligned with understands that we will not tolerate being attacked.  Unless you're saying that my professors at the Academy were wrong."

Quote :
"Uh!" he said, tapping his lower lip. "The shields are scrapped, so we wouldn't be losing much if we lowered what we have running on auxilliary, right?" Without waiting for an answer, he talked on, sounding as if he were thinking out loud. "We could use the industrial transporters after all. Like, if we beamed their umbilical attachment from space and into our cargo hold..."

Again, this bridge setup was infuriating to cross-conversation.  It was like they expected Ops to just be some kind of robot, processing and spitting back data.  But what Science had just come up with was rather brilliant.  He ran a simulation on his board, pushing it out to the Science and Tactical boards - beaming it inside would work.  The only problem then was that with shields down, going to Warp would be almost impossible without repairs - and they'd be vulnerable to attack.  He decided to call that issue out as well.

"That would work on the surface, but I see two things we need to address first.  One - they'll still have a fully functioning vessel, and we'll have no shields.  Two - without shields, we can't go to warp in the... seconds, I think, that would buy us from being attacked.  We'd need to figure out how to repair or replace the shield generators in minutes."

He murmured to himself, "Wait a second... replace them.  Captain, there are additional shield generators aboard - 23 of them in Deck 4, Aft - the same deck as the destroyed generator!  The output's weaker, but like all shield jennies, they're additive.  And I know we have an adapter between shuttle EPS size and standard...  Sir, since Engineering is rather busy with emergency repairs of a more critical system, permission to get the shuttlebay crew to rip the shields out of the auxilliary craft in preparation for an Ops team to get us shielded again!"

He pushed a text-note across to the Science panel, so that Lieutenant van Gelder would see it without it being said across the entire bridge.  'Lieutenant, thank you! Your suggestion might just have saved us...'

_______________________________
Click the card for more info!
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:06 am

Conor Terell wrote:


[Corridors]

Just keep firing, Conor thought, raising the rifle again as he worked in concert with Commander Rellek.  He took his time with his shots.  A rifle was not a hand weapon.  It was meant to be fired with purpose.  Therefore...not always the best kind of weapon to have in close-quarters fights like these, but...it seemed to be knocking the living hell out of these people with extreme prejudice.  That counted for something.

He used the reprieve granted by the transporters to take a quick breather.  "More coming, huh?  Good god.  These people are freakin' nuts.  I'd hate to know what their actual concept of 'acceptable losses' is."  

Aperture...if they were still attached to the ship on a manual level, the Bridge could spend all day playing whack-a-lunatic in trying to beam these bastards off.  "That connection was on the forward section, right?" Conor asked, checking the charge of his rifle.  "We could get some concussive charges planted.  Blast the thing and separate it manually."

Julia checked her weapon, following Connor's lead. She may have been the senior officer but Connor was most definitely better trained to operate these weapons. She checked her scanner as the crewman reviewed his bold idea.

"It could work, but how do we get there. And assuming we get there. We would be risking explosive decompression. We would have to first evacuate and seal off this section. Commander Arthur may be upset with the mess we leave behind." She pondered for a moment. "Let's see how the bridge is progressing."

She tapped her communicator.

=/\="Rellek to Bridge. Captain, how are you progressing with ridding ourselves of our new found friends? We were just discussing the possibility of infiltrating the aperture and setting off concussive charges. We would have to seal off this sections to avoid widespread decompression? Please advise?"=/\=

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia checked her weapon, following Connor's lead. She may have been the senior officer but Connor was most definitely better trained to operate these weapons. She checked her scanner as the crewman reviewed his bold idea.

"It could work, but how do we get there. And assuming we get there. We would be risking explosive decompression. We would have to first evacuate and seal off this section. Commander Arthur may be upset with the mess we leave behind." She pondered for a moment. "Let's see how the bridge is progressing."

She tapped her communicator.

=/\="Rellek to Bridge. Captain, how are you progressing with ridding ourselves of our new found friends? We were just discussing the possibility of infiltrating the aperture and setting off concussive charges. We would have to seal off this sections to avoid widespread decompression? Please advise?"=/\=

[Corridors]

Frowning, Conor continued to watch Rellek while keeping an eye on everything at once. It was quite a dizzying feat. "It doesn't have to be 'we', ma'am," he quietly said. They were wasting time, especially if he was going to have time to gather all the concussion grenades that would be required. "You're the XO, I'm the security officer. My job's a hell of a lot more expendable than yours." Conor had often thought about the possibility of gaining a commission. It would be Command for him...he'd never even considered anything else. This was one of those decisions that you often read about, but hoped you'd never have to make. "You let me worry about decompression. I'm sure the emergency forcefields would drop into place."

The last bit was said with a bit of hesitation. No, nobody knew that the fields would work, especially not with the ship's shield generators hurt. But he was security. It was a manageable risk. First in, last out. "Go back to the Bridge, please," he quietly said. "Let me do this."

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Uh!" he said, tapping his lower lip.  "The shields are scrapped, so we wouldn't be losing much if we lowered what we have running on auxilliary, right?"  Without waiting for an answer, he talked on, sounding as if he were thinking out loud.  "We could use the industrial transporters after all.  Like, if we beamed their umbilical attachment from space and into our cargo hold..."

[Bridge]

Turning her attention back to Gavin as he spoke, Archangel quickly ran his theory through the more Engineering orientated sections of her mind, weighing the fors and against, questioning whether they would be able to seal off the hole left behind.

After the moment's thought, she gave her up-and-coming science officer a sharp nod.  "Put that into place, Lieutenant.  It's our best bet so far."

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Rellek to Bridge. Captain, how are you progressing with ridding ourselves of our new found friends? We were just discussing the possibility of infiltrating the aperture and setting off concussive charges. We would have to seal off this sections to avoid widespread decompression? Please advise?"=/\=

"Bridge to Rellek, we have a plan.  Evacuate the immediate area around the umbilical and seal it off.  We're going to beam the umbilical aboard.  Advise when all personnel are out of that section!"

Kejal Buris wrote:
He murmured to himself, "Wait a second... replace them. Captain, there are additional shield generators aboard - 23 of them in Deck 4, Aft - the same deck as the destroyed generator! The output's weaker, but like all shield jennies, they're additive. And I know we have an adapter between shuttle EPS size and standard... Sir, since Engineering is rather busy with emergency repairs of a more critical system, permission to get the shuttlebay crew to rip the shields out of the auxilliary craft in preparation for an Ops team to get us shielded again!"

"Since there's no repairing our shield generator, get Engineering to assist. Commander Arthur will know what he's doing in that respect. Between the two departments, they should be able to pull something out of their arse in terms of a working shield grid."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Bridge to Rellek, we have a plan. Evacuate the immediate area around the umbilical and seal it off. We're going to beam the umbilical aboard. Advise when all personnel are out of that section!"

[Corridors]

Julia was relieved to hear that the bridge had devised a plan that didn't involve her and Connor blowing themselves up.

=/\=Acknowledged Bridge. I will signal you as soon as we are clear."=/\=

Julia looked up to assess the situation. The viddiians were approaching their position quickly. She looked up and noticed the entrance to the conference room. "There." She pointed. "Lets get everyone in the conference room and seal the door. Lets file out. Connor, lay suppression fire."

As Julia finished her thought the Viddiins began to open fire on their position.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:35 pm

[Sickbay]

Zero was barely aware of the trembling in her hands as she worked to repair the damage done to Leela, using the dermal regenerator to heal the burns from the worst to the least concerning. A touch of the vascular regenerator allowed her to stem and stop the slight internal bleeding around the symbiont pouch.

Once she was sure that doing so wasn't going to put the Trill in any danger, she touched a hypo to Leela's neck with a small dose of stimulant in order to bring her back to consciousness.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
[Sickbay]

Zero was barely aware of the trembling in her hands as she worked to repair the damage done to Leela, using the dermal regenerator to heal the burns from the worst to the least concerning.  A touch of the vascular regenerator allowed her to stem and stop the slight internal bleeding around the symbiont pouch.

Once she was sure that doing so wasn't going to put the Trill in any danger, she touched a hypo to Leela's neck with a small dose of stimulant in order to bring her back to consciousness.

With the stimulant injected the medicine quickly worked its way through her system. Her head slowly began to move and her eyelids flickered, as if she were dreaming. A momentarily gasp indicated her consciousness. Her eyes opened slightly, everything was blurred and Kaz had no idea where she was. Then Zero's face slowly came into focus. She didn't realize it was Zero until her distinct white hair came into focus.

" Zero.. What... What... I'm alive?" Leela coughed and tried to sit up but the pain quickly overwhelmed her and she had to lye back down. " What happened?"

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia was relieved to hear that the bridge had devised a plan that didn't involve her and Connor blowing themselves up.

=/\=Acknowledged Bridge. I will signal you as soon as we are clear."=/\=

Julia looked up to assess the situation. The viddiians were approaching their position quickly. She looked up and noticed the entrance to the conference room. "There." She pointed. "Lets get everyone in the conference room and seal the door. Lets file out. Connor, lay suppression fire."

As Julia finished her thought the Viddiins began to open fire on their position.

[Corridors]

Getting blown up was an on-the-job hazard that came with the title of 'security officer'. It was kind of an unspoken thing - you just understood that the time might come. Nevertheless, it was always nice to hear that you didn't have to explode something and then hope that you're not sucked into the void of space. Day's looking up, he thought, drawing a bead on a new group of invaders.

"Understood," he nodded, laying a blistering field of fire toward the Vidiians as what few officers left in the corridor were ushered toward the conference room. Good thinking on Rellek's part - get people to a defensible point. Especially before they de-materialized what was attached to the ship.

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:45 am

Conor Terell wrote:


[Corridors]

Getting blown up was an on-the-job hazard that came with the title of 'security officer'.  It was kind of an unspoken thing - you just understood that the time might come.  Nevertheless, it was always nice to hear that you didn't have to explode something and then hope that you're not sucked into the void of space.  Day's looking up, he thought, drawing a bead on a new group of invaders.

"Understood," he nodded, laying a blistering field of fire toward the Vidiians as what few officers left in the corridor were ushered toward the conference room.  Good thinking on Rellek's part - get people to a defensible point.  Especially before they de-materialized what was attached to the ship.

Julia hadn't thought about it in the moment but while watching Connor lay down fire she realized that she had given an order that put his life on the line. It was a necessity of her new position that troubled her greatly.

With most of the team in the conference room Julia leaned her head out the door and began to lay down fire. "Connor, we're in, get the hell out of there!" She yelled above the phaser fire. She couldn't do anything but lay down cover fire and hope that he made it to the conference room.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:


Julia hadn't thought about it in the moment but while watching Connor lay down fire she realized that she had given an order that put his life on the line. It was a necessity of her new position that troubled her greatly.

With most of the team in the conference room Julia leaned her head out the door and began to lay down fire. "Connor, we're in, get the hell out of there!" She yelled above the phaser fire. She couldn't do anything but lay down cover fire and hope that he made it to the conference room.

[Corridors]

Conor nodded curtly, visually confirming what Rellek had said. Not that he doubted her word, but - well, that was his job. A few more blasts came from the doorway, and he knew that it was time to go. "No problem with that, ma'am!" he replied, biting off a curse as another blast tore into the bulkhead beside him. He tried not to dwell on the fact that his head had been there just a few seconds prior. Best not to think about those after-effects.

Firing a few more times, Conor darted into the conference room, waiting until the door sealed shut before checking to make sure everyone was alright.

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
With the stimulant injected the medicine quickly worked its way through her system. Her head slowly began to move and her eyelids flickered, as if she were dreaming. A momentarily gasp indicated her consciousness. Her eyes opened slightly, everything was blurred and Kaz had no idea where she was. Then Zero's face slowly came into focus. She didn't realize it was Zero until her distinct white hair came into focus.

" Zero.. What... What... I'm alive?" Leela coughed and tried to sit up but the pain quickly overwhelmed her and she had to lye back down. " What happened?"

[Sickbay]

"You are alive," Zero confirmed, wondering why she was experiencing a sensation of relief that the Trill had awakened, apparently without too much difficulty. There would be a lot of residual pain remaining from the burns, despite the fact that they were no longer there. It was an odd trick of the humanoid brain that it didn't seem to be able to believe that it could be healed in such a rapid manner and was determined to continue sending pain signals to the brain for a few days after the wounds had been healed.

"You were caught in an explosion generated by a console, I believe, and sustained plasma burns to approximately 70% of your body. I have repaired the damage."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:12 am

Conor Terell wrote:


[Corridors]

Conor nodded curtly, visually confirming what Rellek had said.  Not that he doubted her word, but - well, that was his job.  A few more blasts came from the doorway, and he knew that it was time to go.  "No problem with that, ma'am!" he replied, biting off a curse as another blast tore into the bulkhead beside him.  He tried not to dwell on the fact that his head had been there just a few seconds prior.  Best not to think about those after-effects.

Firing a few more times, Conor darted into the conference room, waiting until the door sealed shut before checking to make sure everyone was alright.

Julia, still ducking below the phaser fire, followed Connor into the conference room. She leaned against the wall just inside the door. Panting, Julia struggled to catch her breathe from the ordeal. "Computer, seal the conference room door and erect a containment field." The ships computer beeped acknowledging her order and a blue haze flashed over the entrance to the room. She looked up to Connor. "I have no idea what their planning on the bridge, but that should keep us safe."

She set her phaser down on the deck plating, her mind had yet to process everything that had taken place. She tapped her communicator;

=/\="Rellek to bridge, we are secured in the conference room with a containment field erected around the room. Whatever your planning, you are all clear."=/\=

As she finished her sentence she let out a deep exhale and her head collapsed into the palm of her hands. She fought back her nerves. She couldn't let the team see the hopelessness and fear in her eyes.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:26 am

Zero Alpha wrote:


[Sickbay]

"You are alive," Zero confirmed, wondering why she was experiencing a sensation of relief that the Trill had awakened, apparently without too much difficulty.  There would be a lot of residual pain remaining from the burns, despite the fact that they were no longer there.  It was an odd trick of the humanoid brain that it didn't seem to be able to believe that it could be healed in such a rapid manner and was determined to continue sending pain signals to the brain for a few days after the wounds had been healed.

"You were caught in an explosion generated by a console, I believe, and sustained plasma burns to approximately 70% of your body.  I have repaired the damage."

The Trill closed her eyes, still struggling to breathe, and laid her head back onto the bed. " Oh my god." Leela muttered. She raised her hand and placed it on her forehead.

"Remind me to teach you the art of delivering bad news." Leela laughed as her hand moved across her face. Whenever Leela didn't know what to say, she instinctively told a joke to lighten the mode. She could see the relief in Zero's eyes. She would never admit it, but the augment cared deeply about Leela's well-being.

Leela couldn't help but to think that this brush with death might be helpful to Zero, in the long run.


_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:12 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Rellek to bridge, we are secured in the conference room with a containment field erected around the room. Whatever your planning, you are all clear."=/\=

[Bridge]

"Acknowledged, Commander," Archangel replied, acknowledging the message before looking over to Lieutenant Van Gelder and Ensign Kejal, hoping that they were ready. She knew that Van Gelder was classified as having genius intelligence from his file and personal experience of his service aboard the Phoenix, but Kejal was still an unknown element to her..

"When you two are ready, beam that thing off my ship. There should be space in cargo bay two."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:16 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
The Trill closed her eyes, still struggling to breathe, and laid her head back onto the bed. " Oh my god." Leela muttered. She raised her hand and placed it on her forehead.

"Remind me to teach you the art of delivering bad news." Leela laughed as her hand moved across her face. Whenever Leela didn't know what to say, she instinctively told a joke to lighten the mode. She could see the relief in Zero's eyes. She would never admit it, but the augment cared deeply about Leela's well-being.

Leela couldn't help but to think that this brush with death might be helpful to Zero, in the long run.


[Sickbay]

Zero tilted her head to one side, a look of faint confusion crossing her pale features. Aware that her hands were tremblng again, as they did constantly since the Romulans, she quickly folded her arms, hiding them.

"Is the direct method not desirable in this situation?" she asked, trying to figure it out.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Technical Precision
Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

Quote :
"Acknowledged, Commander," Archangel replied, acknowledging the message before looking over to Lieutenant Van Gelder and Ensign Kejal, hoping that they were ready. She knew that Van Gelder was classified as having genius intelligence from his file and personal experience of his service aboard the Phoenix, but Kejal was still an unknown element to her..

"When you two are ready, beam that thing off my ship. There should be space in cargo bay two."

Buris had half the ship up on his Ops board - and if van Gelder had any experience working with other departments, he'd realize that this was, well, normal. Buris had already pinged the Shuttlebay and his Ops staff as far as pulling the shields out of the 23 support craft aboard. Now, he tapped a comms button to Engineering. "Engineering - Ops. My readings show we're past a crisis point, so please get a repair team dispatched to the location of the destroyed shield generator; Deck 4 Forward. Bring several EPS adapters from shuttle size to main EPS tap size. Rendezvous with Crewman Joval and his team, en route, to collect the twenty-three shield generators from our auxilliary craft. Please confirm this message."

He tapped another button, pulling direct control of the cargo transporters to the Bridge station. Immediately, half his board reconfigured to a virtualized transporter control, but he didn't touch it yet, looking over the ship as a whole. His voice was soft as he went over a final checklist. "Structural integrity field at maximum. Fire-suppression systems are now tied to transport signal. Ready as we'll ever be."

He looked up. "Captain, as a precaution, sounding a decompression alert across that part of Deck 1... in case our timing is wrong. I don't quite know the quirks of this transporter yet. But we're using the cargo unit, so it shouldn't get glitchy."

He glanced at the Science man and the bridge Engineer as he signaled for a decompression alert. "Follow my lead. The computer should do it all automatically, but that doesn't give us much leeway."

He now switched to the transport board, one eye on his readings. His fingers moved with the slow grace that most people came to expect from a seasoned transporter chief as he started to intone the various stages of transport. "Transporter sequence initiated. Targeting sensors locked on to source coordinates. Annular confinement field engaged. Heisenberg compensation engaged. Matter stream now in transport." There was a strange quality to this process - once it started it was inevitable, but there was always a worry that the next stage wouldn't come. And for some people, it was reassuring to know that the man behind the controls knew the pieces that made up probably the most complex process on this vessel.

He couldn't turn now to talk to anyone. His eyes had to stay on the transporter controls as the metal umbilical started to disappear as it was pulled into the transporter buffer. Not being a life-form, the resolution could be a lot lower, the process could have been quicker and dirtier. But artistry was in the fine details; and he didn't need the SCE yelling at him for destroying a valuable piece of alien tech. He'd had them yell about breaking an Intrepid-class starship already... meanwhile, he'd yelled back about them causing an engineer to nearly break his spine.

"Captain, just a suggestion, but I think we should kick 'em while they're down... they will recover faster than us." That was a murmur, just barely audible.

Then moments later, Buris' voice raised above the cross-calls and status checks. "Matter stream transfer complete! We are in buffer. Transferring from buffer after parity check... okay, rematerialized safely in Cargo Bay 2. Internal fields are in place there. Transport complete, sir. We are free."

He looked at them - those few moments had felt like an eternity to him. He would have loved to do it in the one-button style, but he also had to make sure that there were no Vidiian or other life-forms inside the umbilical before transport; and if he was going to be monitoring closely, he might as well do it right. A heavy sigh and the transporter control was banished from his board. Then again, he'd love to be on Deck 4 right now, patching EPS and ODN lines across from the shield generators to the ship. This was so abstract, it almost hurt sometimes.

"Repair Team - Bridge. Please report status."

He flipped across channels, thinking quickly. "Transporter Room 1, good job so far, but I want you to make sure they all disappear."

The next was one that actually mattered. "Sickbay, Operations, casualty report and status, please."

_______________________________
Click the card for more info!
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am

Zero Alpha wrote:


[Sickbay]

Zero tilted her head to one side, a look of faint confusion crossing her pale features.  Aware that her hands were tremblng again, as they did constantly since the Romulans, she quickly folded her arms, hiding them.

"Is the direct method not desirable in this situation?" she asked, trying to figure it out.

[Sickbay]

"We can talk about it later." Leela laughed at the notion that Zero actually seemed to want to discuss this now.

"So, what's my prognoses doc? Did you check the symbiont?" Leela was afraid to ask, she could still remember everything. That was a good sign.

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Posts : 399
Join date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:


Buris had half the ship up on his Ops board - and if van Gelder had any experience working with other departments, he'd realize that this was, well, normal.  Buris had already pinged the Shuttlebay and his Ops staff as far as pulling the shields out of the 23 support craft aboard.  Now, he tapped a comms button to Engineering.  "Engineering - Ops.  My readings show we're past a crisis point, so please get a repair team dispatched to the location of the destroyed shield generator; Deck 4 Forward.  Bring several EPS adapters from shuttle size to main EPS tap size.  Rendezvous with Crewman Joval and his team, en route, to collect the twenty-three shield generators from our auxilliary craft.  Please confirm this message."

He tapped another button, pulling direct control of the cargo transporters to the Bridge station.  Immediately, half his board reconfigured to a virtualized transporter control, but he didn't touch it yet, looking over the ship as a whole.  His voice was soft as he went over a final checklist. "Structural integrity field at maximum.  Fire-suppression systems are now tied to transport signal.  Ready as we'll ever be."

He looked up.  "Captain, as a precaution, sounding a decompression alert across that part of Deck 1... in case our timing is wrong.  I don't quite know the quirks of this transporter yet.  But we're using the cargo unit, so it shouldn't get glitchy."

He glanced at the Science man and the bridge Engineer as he signaled for a decompression alert. "Follow my lead.  The computer should do it all automatically, but that doesn't give us much leeway."

He now switched to the transport board, one eye on his readings.  His fingers moved with the slow grace that most people came to expect from a seasoned transporter chief as he started to intone the various stages of transport. "Transporter sequence initiated.  Targeting sensors locked on to source coordinates.  Annular confinement field engaged.  Heisenberg compensation engaged.  Matter stream now in transport."  There was a strange quality to this process - once it started it was inevitable, but there was always a worry that the next stage wouldn't come.  And for some people, it was reassuring to know that the man behind the controls knew the pieces that made up probably the most complex process on this vessel.

He couldn't turn now to talk to anyone. His eyes had to stay on the transporter controls as the metal umbilical started to disappear as it was pulled into the transporter buffer.  Not being a life-form, the resolution could be a lot lower, the process could have been quicker and dirtier.  But artistry was in the fine details; and he didn't need the SCE yelling at him for destroying a valuable piece of alien tech.  He'd had them yell about breaking an Intrepid-class starship already... meanwhile, he'd yelled back about them causing an engineer to nearly break his spine.

"Captain, just a suggestion, but I think we should kick 'em while they're down... they will recover faster than us."  That was a murmur, just barely audible.

Then moments later, Buris' voice raised above the cross-calls and status checks.  "Matter stream transfer complete!  We are in buffer.  Transferring from buffer after parity check... okay, rematerialized safely in Cargo Bay 2.  Internal fields are in place there.  Transport complete, sir.  We are free."

He looked at them - those few moments had felt like an eternity to him.  He would have loved to do it in the one-button style, but he also had to make sure that there were no Vidiian or other life-forms inside the umbilical before transport; and if he was going to be monitoring closely, he might as well do it right.  A heavy sigh and the transporter control was banished from his board.  Then again, he'd love to be on Deck 4 right now, patching EPS and ODN lines across from the shield generators to the ship.  This was so abstract, it almost hurt sometimes.

"Repair Team - Bridge.  Please report status."

He flipped across channels, thinking quickly. "Transporter Room 1, good job so far, but I want you to make sure they all disappear."

The next was one that actually mattered. "Sickbay, Operations, casualty report and status, please."

[Bridge]

Without the direct invasion force occupying the bridge, It was much easier to properly assess the actions needed to be taken to rid the rest of the ship of the Vidiians. Safefta was about to order some the tactical officers to redisperse themselves into a more effective positioning, when she heard a voice on the bridge much more eager to give out all the orders.

Ensign Kejal... Safefta frowned immediately. This was the same Bajoran who had the nerve to patronize her in front of the senior bridge staff not but a few minutes prior. She's had no time to reply or really care too much, but it was something she'd thought about once or twice as she was manning the tactical console.

While a less-than-pleasant exchange was one thing, total bridge control takeover by an ensign was something else. The Romulan listened to order after order, her look of befuddlement growing with each breach of the CoC. Am i the one one who notices these infractions?

She glanced pointedly at the captain, who seemed to be eyeing her 'replacement' with about as much confusion as she was probably feeling herself. The look she gave asked for permission to intervene, and a simple nod from the other romulan woman served the purpose of confirming it.

"That is enough, Ensign. I have listened to you step over the chain of command so many times in the last five minutes that I have no choice but to tell you to stop immediately," Safefta said as she stepped out from behind the confines of the tactical console and over to Ops. "You are not the captain."

She glanced at the captain again. "I request permission to ask Ensign Kejal to step down."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Today at 3:10 am

Back to top Go down
 
Mission 10: The Harvest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: