Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:57 pm

[Starbase Athena - Meeting Hall]

The dress uniform felt as constricting and heavy as every time she put it on, but Deacon didn't really have any choice this time. Starbase Athena was holding a diplomatic summit, a sort of meet and greet for the Federation, its allies and prospective members. The station was heaving with all sorts of diplomats, and it was enough to make her shudder internally. The station itself was already protesting the sudden influx of people, with several systems breaking down under the strain. She was still new after all, and stations could hardly go on a maiden voyage like a starship. Either way, the Engineering and Operations personnel were being kept busy.

With any diplomatic summit came a number of soirées and such that the commanding officers of the station were obligated to attend, whether they liked it or not, generally, although that did mean that Stark was standing and suffering alongside her through the long-winded monologues of many a diplomat about the importance of their planet in the reconstruction efforts after the Dominion War.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:11 pm

[Meeting Hall]

What a bunch of crap, Myree thought, smiling emptily at a Bolian, wishing she could knee the man in the groin for the way he was leering. Honestly, the guy was old enough to be her father. Grandfather! If he had hair, it'd be shock-white. And not in the Andorian way, either! She shouldered her way to the drink table, quietly cursing her rotten luck for having drawn the short straw. Everyone in the department had gambled on not having to show up to this event. Unfortunately, luck had not been on her side.

"Klingon firewine," she ordered, taking the narrow flute of beverage from a member of the service staff. It did feel a little nice to get away from the hours of refitting and re-working that they'd had to do. First the Tholians, and then a tribble infestation...it seemed like this damn station had been falling apart since the day Starfleet wasted a bottle of good champagne christening it. Myree took a drink, a smile curling on her lips as the alcohol burned in her nose. She wondered who else had been dragged here.

For full bio, click the lovely shade of green.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:05 pm

[Meeting Hall]

Diplomats were far from Sigma's favourite. They did a lot of talking and accomplished and learned very little. The Deltan always preferred to keep company that spent its time actually processing information at a reasonable speed, instead of slogging around one topic. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can talk so much, yet say so little.

Unfortunately, they'd drawn the short straw for representation of the Engineering department. Apparently the DH was 'too busy' to spend a day with diplomats, and had effectively shunted Sigma, dress uniform and all, to represent the eccentric group that occupied the lowere decks of engineering. At a totally-competant 21 years old, Sigma was sure that they were just the perfect choice for something like this. At least you're not here as starfleet's medical marvel, the Deltan considered, looking fondly at the cybernetic web on their hand. Or am I?

Oh well, Sigma thought, tugging at the lopsided hem of their dress uniform. At least there were things to drink. And a familiar face or two. Sigma spotted Myree Grell over in the corner. The orion was already buried in a complementary drink. Sigma offered a wave, then turned to look around. Hopefully, they wouldn't have to talk to any of the strange diplomats.

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:
Oh well, Sigma thought, tugging at the lopsided hem of their dress uniform. At least there were things to drink. And a familiar face or two. Sigma spotted Myree Grell over in the corner. The orion was already buried in a complementary drink. Sigma offered a wave, then turned to look around. Hopefully, they wouldn't have to talk to any of the strange diplomats.

[Meeting Hall]

Mira was as close to unhappy as her programming would let her be. She had been told to attend the gathering of diplomats as a sign of the Federation's progress with technology. The sophisticated hologram capable of undertaking security duties where back up was needed, or confronting danger considered too great for an organic to face. Her emitter had even been reprogrammed to project her with a dress uniform rather than her usual one. Diplomats had talked over and around her, never actually to her, and the amount of poking and prodding that she was receiving was starting to grate on nerves that Mira didn't even know she had.

After yet another person had poked at her mobile emitter, which she was wearing on her arm for once rather than in her boot, the hologram excused herself, intending to make a rapid escape to somewhere other than there. Spotting Sigma, the technologically enhanced crewmember, Mira altered course to join them, hoping to find some measure of protection.

"Hello," she greeted the Deltan. "Are you avoiding the diplomats as well?"

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Mira wrote:

[Meeting Hall]

Mira was as close to unhappy as her programming would let her be.  She had been told to attend the gathering of diplomats as a sign of the Federation's progress with technology.  The sophisticated hologram capable of undertaking security duties where back up was needed, or confronting danger considered too great for an organic to face.  Her emitter had even been reprogrammed to project her with a dress uniform rather than her usual one.  Diplomats had talked over and around her, never actually to her, and the amount of poking and prodding that she was receiving was starting to grate on nerves that Mira didn't even know she had.

After yet another person had poked at her mobile emitter, which she was wearing on her arm for once rather than in her boot, the hologram excused herself, intending to make a rapid escape to somewhere other than there.  Spotting Sigma, the technologically enhanced crewmember, Mira altered course to join them, hoping to find some measure of protection.

"Hello," she greeted the Deltan.  "Are you avoiding the diplomats as well?"

[Meeting Hall]

Like Mira, Sigma had failed to properly make conversation with any of the present diplomats. They'd been the subject of a few invasive questions, a few of which left Sigma so dumbfounded that they were unable to answer before the questioner moved on to another person. In what world was 'may I examine your eye?' a dinner function conversation?

The disgruntled Deltan was standing off to the side to avoid the masses when they spotted the station's tactical hologram ushering towards them. Sigma wasn't even sure if /smiling/ too much was inappropriate here, but their face broke into a wide grin anyway. "Definitely," they replied. Sigma, though not extraordinarily close friends with the hologram, did feel a sort of kinship that could only really be felt between someone who's body was 70% mapped with varying types of technology, and a hologram.

"Honestly, I think they spend so much time talking nonsense to eachother that thy forget how to talk to normal people." Sigma snorted at the word 'normal'. As if they were anything of the kind.

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:07 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:
Like Mira, Sigma had failed to properly make conversation with any of the present diplomats. They'd been the subject of a few invasive questions, a few of which left Sigma so dumbfounded that they were unable to answer before the questioner moved on to another person. In what world was 'may I examine your eye?' a dinner function conversation?

The disgruntled Deltan was standing off to the side to avoid the masses when they spotted the station's tactical hologram ushering towards them. Sigma wasn't even sure if /smiling/ too much was inappropriate here, but their face broke into a wide grin anyway. "Definitely," they replied. Sigma, though not extraordinarily close friends with the hologram, did feel a sort of kinship that could only really be felt between someone who's body was 70% mapped with varying types of technology, and a hologram.

"Honestly, I think they spend so much time talking nonsense to eachother that thy forget how to talk to normal people." Sigma snorted at the word 'normal'. As if they were anything of the kind.

[Meeting Hall]

Although it was probably an illogical sensation, being next to another being who was also coming under close scrutiny from the gathered diplomats was almost... comforting.

"I have had enough invasive questions and prodding for one session, but I do not believe that the diplomats even know how to stop. I thought that diplomats were supposed to be able to pick up on the many non-verbal cues given by individuals?"

Archangel T'Koris | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:
[Starbase Athena - Meeting Hall]

The dress uniform felt as constricting and heavy as every time she put it on, but Deacon didn't really have any choice this time.  Starbase Athena was holding a diplomatic summit, a sort of meet and greet for the Federation, its allies and prospective members.  The station was heaving with all sorts of diplomats, and it was enough to make her shudder internally.  The station itself was already protesting the sudden influx of people, with several systems breaking down under the strain.  She was still new after all, and stations could hardly go on a maiden voyage like a starship.  Either way, the Engineering and Operations personnel were being kept busy.

With any diplomatic summit came a number of soirées and such that the commanding officers of the station were obligated to attend, whether they liked it or not, generally, although that did mean that Stark was standing and suffering alongside her through the long-winded monologues of many a diplomat about the importance of their planet in the reconstruction efforts after the Dominion War.

[Meeting Hall]

"Yes, of course I remember," Stark said, keeping his face neutral as he nodded along with Garis, one of the handful of Ithenite diplomats gathered here at the station.  The gold-hued people weren't a common sight within the Federation, but they actually had one working here on the station.  "The governors of your third planet were very helpful in unloading refugees during the war."  That seemed to be the way of postbellum life - people reminding other people of what they did.  As if it would make the SCE move faster in the massive reconstruction efforts throughout the whole quadrant.  "It's been great catching up, Minister Garis.  Perhaps we can get a drink after the reception?"  Good luck in finding me.

Making his polite farewells, Corman sidled his way over toward Rachel Deacon, fresh glass of purplish, bubbly drink in his hand.  "You tried this?  It's a type of champagne from Coridan."  Speaking of Coridan Prime, Stark did a quick glance around the room.  "They have diplomats here, too.  One of them asked me if any Romulans were going to be present."

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:40 am

Mira wrote:

[Meeting Hall]

Although it was probably an illogical sensation, being next to another being who was also coming under close scrutiny from the gathered diplomats was almost... comforting.  

"I have had enough invasive questions and prodding for one session, but I do not believe that the diplomats even know how to stop.  I thought that diplomats were supposed to be able to pick up on the many non-verbal cues given by individuals?"

[Meeting Hall]

"Ha. Not likely," Sigma said with a derisive snort. The idea that somehow diplomats would graduate from their petulant questions and general rudeness was really a laughable one. Sigma was certain that none of them had taken a social cues course in a long time-- at least, not like the ones they had taken themself.

"They can do that within their own little groups. They communicate with each other, but for some reason, the average person like you or me is not in their realm of communication knowledge." Sigma had a very blanket way of thinking about diplomats. Perhaps it was a little biased, but they were already unhappy about being stuck there and they didn't feel like being too open-minded.

Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
Making his polite farewells, Corman sidled his way over toward Rachel Deacon, fresh glass of purplish, bubbly drink in his hand.  "You tried this?  It's a type of champagne from Coridan."  Speaking of Coridan Prime, Stark did a quick glance around the room.  "They have diplomats here, too.  One of them asked me if any Romulans were going to be present."

[Meeting Hall]

"Thank you for passing on my father's best wishes," Rachel replied politely as yet another ambassador told her how her father had been following her career with interest. Here she was, an Admiral in her own right, but he still insisted on babying her sometimes. She could only be relieved that he had yet to come and see her on the station.

Thankfully, before another diplomat could snag her attention and engage her in yet more mindless conversation, her second in command, Corman Stark, stepped up to her. "No, I have not tried it," she replied in reference to the drink he was holding. To his other question, she nodded her head toward a couple of Romulans standing together, not mixing with the other diplomats. "Yes, the Star Empire did send a few representatives, but they appear to be attempting to keep a low profile after the recent incident."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Mira

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:
"Ha. Not likely," Sigma said with a derisive snort. The idea that somehow diplomats would graduate from their petulant questions and general rudeness was really a laughable one. Sigma was certain that none of them had taken a social cues course in a long time-- at least, not like the ones they had taken themself.

"They can do that within their own little groups. They communicate with each other, but for some reason, the average person like you or me is not in their realm of communication knowledge." Sigma had a very blanket way of thinking about diplomats. Perhaps it was a little biased, but they were already unhappy about being stuck there and they didn't feel like being too open-minded.

[Meeting Hall]

"They certainly did enough communicating with each other rather than just asking me directly," Mira muttered, folding her arms. She then glanced at Sigma. "Am I correct in assuming that speaking about an individual while standing in front of that same individual is some kind of humanoid faux pas? My programming tells me that it is rude, and yet it seems to me that they are not aware of that."

Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"Thank you for passing on my father's best wishes," Rachel replied politely as yet another ambassador told her how her father had been following her career with interest.  Here she was, an Admiral in her own right, but he still insisted on babying her sometimes.  She could only be relieved that he had yet to come and see her on the station.

Thankfully, before another diplomat could snag her attention and engage her in yet more mindless conversation, her second in command, Corman Stark, stepped up to her.  "No, I have not tried it," she replied in reference to the drink he was holding.  To his other question, she nodded her head toward a couple of Romulans standing together, not mixing with the other diplomats.  "Yes, the Star Empire did send a few representatives, but they appear to be attempting to keep a low profile after the recent incident."

"I don't blame them," Stark muttered, shaking his head as he cast a glance over to where Rachel indicated. Sure enough, there were a few Romulans making themselves look scarce. He didn't blame them, even though the Klingon intervention in their aborted war games had been something nobody could have foreseen. Klingons were a notoriously unstable element in any situation. "Thankfully, they didn't send the Commander. One tense and awkward afternoon with that stick-in-the-ass was enough for me."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Mira wrote:

[Meeting Hall]

"They certainly did enough communicating with each other rather than just asking me directly," Mira muttered, folding her arms.  She then glanced at Sigma.  "Am I correct in assuming that speaking about an individual while standing in front of that same individual is some kind of humanoid faux pas?  My programming tells me that it is rude, and yet it seems to me that they are not aware of that."

[Meeting Hall]

Well. Sigma could certainly understand that. Even back at basic training, there had been the people who preferred to talk about them around and behind their back... and sometimes, right in front of them, as if they weren't there at all! Sigma internally grumbled at the memory.

"Oh, it is. They just don't have any good common sense or manners," the Deltan explained. "They think that just because you've got more photons than flesh, that it's ok to act like you aren't there. Don't take it personally. I know how you feel."

Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
"I don't blame them," Stark muttered, shaking his head as he cast a glance over to where Rachel indicated.  Sure enough, there were a few Romulans making themselves look scarce.  He didn't blame them, even though the Klingon intervention in their aborted war games had been something nobody could have foreseen.  Klingons were a notoriously unstable element in any situation.  "Thankfully, they didn't send the Commander.  One tense and awkward afternoon with that stick-in-the-ass was enough for me."

[Meeting Hall]

"I think that most interactions with the Romulans are likely to be awkward and tense for at least a few months," Rachel pointed out. "Our ambassadors on Romulus have reported that the population are having to tread carefully at the moment. It would seem that the incident during the war games followed by Captain T'Koris' somewhat... emotional return to retrieve our officers."

Taking a sip from the glass in her hand, she scanned the various groups of diplomats and ambassadors. Without warning, she gasped, dropping her drink to hit the carpeted deck plates with a muted thud as it bounced. Taking a discreet deep breath, she bent down to pick up the glass again, placing the now empty container on a tray that was being circulated before rubbing at one of her VISOR implants, making a mental note to take it down to engineering when she got a chance so that they could run a diagnostic on it.

Back to top Go down
Mira

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:
Well. Sigma could certainly understand that. Even back at basic training, there had been the people who preferred to talk about them around and behind their back... and sometimes, right in front of them, as if they weren't there at all! Sigma internally grumbled at the memory.

"Oh, it is. They just don't have any good common sense or manners," the Deltan explained. "They think that just because you've got more photons than flesh, that it's ok to act like you aren't there. Don't take it personally. I know how you feel."

[Meeting Hall]

Mira frowned slightly, trying to get her programming around the fact that, despite the fact that their job required them to have impeccable social skills, ambassadors and diplomats could still permit themselves to be rude.

"Curious," was the only remark she found herself able to make. "I believed that advances were being made in the acceptance of non-organic life forms, but it would seem that we still have a long way to go."

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:12 pm

[Sickbay]

Ilana tugged at the sleeve of her dress uniform, feeling distinctly uncomfortable at the prospect of actually leaving sickbay and heading for the meeting hall with various diplomats and other officers. She was never one to be social, and the thought that she had been asked to attend this gathering simply to be the token Cardassian was not a particularly comforting one.

Even though her shift had ended several minutes ago, she still lingered, finding small tasks to do to waste another minute or two. Putting a PADD away, tidying up spare and empty hypospray cartridges, straightening the tools on a tray. Anything to keep her from having to go.

The only thing that had actually prevented her from outright burying herself in her office and refusing to go at all was the fact that, as an exchange officer, Raynor was likely to be forced to go as well. She straightened another hypospray before looking up as the doors opened, half hoping that it would be a patient she could take care of and delay leaving for the gathering even longer.

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The only thing that had actually prevented her from outright burying herself in her office and refusing to go at all was the fact that, as an exchange officer, Raynor was likely to be forced to go as well.  She straightened another hypospray before looking up as the doors opened, half hoping that it would be a patient she could take care of and delay leaving for the gathering even longer.

[Sickbay]

"Are you going to clean up all day?" Raynor asked, sauntering through the door. The Klingon grinned broadly, crossing his arms over his fully-armored KDF uniform. "Don't make me go to this damn thing by myself. I might end up killing a Romulan, or something."

He quickly crossed the length of the bay with a few long strides, scooping the Cardassian up in a long-limbed embrace. "I heard rumor that there was going to be real alcohol served, so...the whole thing might not be just a piss in the wind."

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:11 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"I think that most interactions with the Romulans are likely to be awkward and tense for at least a few months," Rachel pointed out.  "Our ambassadors on Romulus have reported that the population are having to tread carefully at the moment.  It would seem that the incident during the war games followed by Captain T'Koris' somewhat... emotional return to retrieve our officers."

Taking a sip from the glass in her hand, she scanned the various groups of diplomats and ambassadors.  Without warning, she gasped, dropping her drink to hit the carpeted deck plates with a muted thud as it bounced.  Taking a discreet deep breath, she bent down to pick up the glass again, placing the now empty container on a tray that was being circulated before rubbing at one of her VISOR implants, making a mental note to take it down to engineering when she got a chance so that they could run a diagnostic on it.

Corman smirked, a small quirk of the mouth more than anything else, as he thought about whatever T'Koris had done. It hadn't caused any interstellar incident, but there was one thing he respected about the Romulan girl - she always stood up for her crew. Not that he'd ever allow the kid to let on, but...he respected her.

He turned to say something else about the Romulans, but the thought died on his lips as Deacon's drink hit the floor, splashing its contents on his boots. "Rachel?" he asked, his voice too low to carry. He didn't even take the time to marvel at the fact that he'd somewhere, along the line, become comfortable enough to use her first name. "Is...uh...are you okay?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:57 am

Mira wrote:

[Meeting Hall]

Mira frowned slightly, trying to get her programming around the fact that, despite the fact that their job required them to have impeccable social skills, ambassadors and diplomats could still permit themselves to be rude.

"Curious," was the only remark she found herself able to make.  "I believed that advances were being made in the acceptance of non-organic life forms, but it would seem that we still have a long way to go."

[Meeting Hall]

Sigma saw the befuddlement on Mira's face, and laughed. "Doesn't make much sense, now does it?" they said. "The people who seem to be the pinnacle of interaction... falling flat on the most basic of polite conversations."

"We do. They don't know what to do with you, and they don't know what to do with me either. I guess we can only hope and wait to see if they get... over... themselves.." Sigma's voice slowed slightly, and the Deltan appeared distracted for a moment. Something felt slightly wrong... but they shook it off.

"Anyway... you can just stay over here with me if you want. I aim to avoid talking to everyone, even the starfleet admirals, so you're welcome to join me.... ugh. I have a headache... all this talking in this room, probably."

Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:59 am

Corman Stark wrote:
Corman smirked, a small quirk of the mouth more than anything else, as he thought about whatever T'Koris had done.  It hadn't caused any interstellar incident, but there was one thing he respected about the Romulan girl - she always stood up for her crew.  Not that he'd ever allow the kid to let on, but...he respected her.

He turned to say something else about the Romulans, but the thought died on his lips as Deacon's drink hit the floor, splashing its contents on his boots.  "Rachel?" he asked, his voice too low to carry.  He didn't even take the time to marvel at the fact that he'd somewhere, along the line, become comfortable enough to use her first name.  "Is...uh...are you okay?"  

[Meeting Hall]

Rachel was still looking past Stark, silent for a moment as she scanned the room behind him before shaking her head, letting out a long, quiet breath.

"I thought I saw... It does not matter. Perhaps my VISOR is due maintenance from Engineering. It is possible that I'm receiving false images, that's all."

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:10 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Are you going to clean up all day?" Raynor asked, sauntering through the door.  The Klingon grinned broadly, crossing his arms over his fully-armored KDF uniform.  "Don't make me go to this damn thing by myself.  I might end up killing a Romulan, or something."  

He quickly crossed the length of the bay with a few long strides, scooping the Cardassian up in a long-limbed embrace.  "I heard rumor that there was going to be real alcohol served, so...the whole thing might not be just a piss in the wind."

[Sickbay]

A wide smile broke across Ilana's face at the sight of Raynor striding through the door and she was quick to wrap her arms around his broad frame, ignoring the sharp angles of his armour.

"I g-guess I'd b-b-better attend t-to k-k-keep y-you f-f-from k-killing anyone," she teased as she looked up at him. "P-p-perhaps it w-won't b-be as b-bad as w-w-we th-think." The young Cardassian knew that, even though it was likely to be a drag as all diplomatic functions seemed to be, but she didn't mind it as much as long as her Par'mach'kai was there.

Reluctantly letting him go, she offered him a smile. "W-w-we h-had b-b-better g-go, b-before th-they s-s-send s-someone t-to f-find us."

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel was still looking past Stark, silent for a moment as she scanned the room behind him before shaking her head, letting out a long, quiet breath.

"I thought I saw... It does not matter.  Perhaps my VISOR is due maintenance from Engineering.  It is possible that I'm receiving false images, that's all."

Stark immediately tried to look at everyone in the room at the same time - a feat that would have been impossible, even without all the extraneous warm bodies taking up space and drinking Starfleet's alcohol. His old sec/tac instincts kicked in, assessing any visual threat.

"Perhaps..." he slowly drawled, his flat, flinty stare making a Bajoran diplomat blink and quickly look somewhere else. "Humor me for the sake of my bad mood. What did you see?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

A wide smile broke across Ilana's face at the sight of Raynor striding through the door and she was quick to wrap her arms around his broad frame, ignoring the sharp angles of his armour.

"I g-guess I'd b-b-better attend t-to k-k-keep y-you f-f-from k-killing anyone," she teased as she looked up at him.  "P-p-perhaps it w-won't b-be as b-bad as w-w-we th-think."  The young Cardassian knew that, even though it was likely to be a drag as all diplomatic functions seemed to be, but she didn't mind it as much as long as her Par'mach'kai was there.

Reluctantly letting him go, she offered him a smile.  "W-w-we h-had b-b-better g-go, b-before th-they s-s-send s-someone t-to f-find us."

[Sickbay]

The contented rumble that sounded in Raynor's chest was something closer to the purring of a hunting cat as he returned Ilana's embrace. "Maybe. Maybe not. The Q might appear again. I'd like to test the theory and see if they can die, after all..." He brushed his hand through her short hair, feeling its silkiness between his fingers. The Klingon's expression turned wolfishly teasing. "We could skip out. Find a quiet corner of the station...make enough noise to cause passersby plenty of awkwardness."

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
Stark immediately tried to look at everyone in the room at the same time - a feat that would have been impossible, even without all the extraneous warm bodies taking up space and drinking Starfleet's alcohol.  His old sec/tac instincts kicked in, assessing any visual threat.  

"Perhaps..." he slowly drawled, his flat, flinty stare making a Bajoran diplomat blink and quickly look somewhere else.  "Humor me for the sake of my bad mood.  What did you see?"

[Meeting Hall]

Still uneasy, Rachel also continued to scan the people gathered in the room, looking for the distinctive pattern she had seen before, but came up with nothing. It just wasn't there any more. Reaching up, she unclipped her VISOR, feeling around for the nodule that would run a basic diagnostic on it. It pulsed under her fingers, signalling an all clear, but she was also aware that a surface diagnostic could easily pass over issues that could be obvious in a more in depth examination.

Putting it back into place, she spoke in a low voice, unwilling to be overheard: "I thought I saw a Borg."

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
The contented rumble that sounded in Raynor's chest was something closer to the purring of a hunting cat as he returned Ilana's embrace.  "Maybe.  Maybe not.  The Q might appear again.  I'd like to test the theory and see if they can die, after all..."  He brushed his hand through her short hair, feeling its silkiness between his fingers.  The Klingon's expression turned wolfishly teasing.  "We could skip out.  Find a quiet corner of the station...make enough noise to cause passersby plenty of awkwardness."

[Sickbay]

Ilana hummed quietly, enjoying the feeling of his fingers in her hair, always so gentle with her even when she pushed him. She reached up on her toes, nipping at his bottom lip.

"I w-w-would l-love t-t-to t-take y-you s-somewhere t-to c-continue t-to b-b-bite y-you until y-you b-b-begged f-for m-mercy," Ilana murmured quietly, for his ears only. Blood rushed to her cheeks in a blush, still shy when it came to expressing herself in such a way. "H-however, w-we h-have our orders. After an evening of p-p-playing t-token officers, I b-b-believe w-we'll h-have earned s-some t-t-time t-together."

Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Still uneasy, Rachel also continued to scan the people gathered in the room, looking for the distinctive pattern she had seen before, but came up with nothing.  It just wasn't there any more.  Reaching up, she unclipped her VISOR, feeling around for the nodule that would run a basic diagnostic on it.  It pulsed under her fingers, signalling an all clear, but she was also aware that a surface diagnostic could easily pass over issues that could be obvious in a more in depth examination.

Putting it back into place, she spoke in a low voice, unwilling to be overheard:  "I thought I saw a Borg."

Stark blinked. Once, then twice, wondering if he had heard Deacon correctly. After realizing that, yes, indeed, he had...he frowned severely. If that Bajoran would have seen him, the diplomat probably would have run for an escape pod. "A Borg." It wasn't that he didn't believe her, but...then again, such things weren't something that a rational flag officer said without reason.

"Permission to put the station on security alert," he said, quickly rocking on the balls of his feet.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Today at 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: