Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 pm

[Crew Quarters - Leela Kaz]

It had been over a week since Zero's encounter with Leela's recreation of Starfleet Medical. She had been working on helping Zero gain a better understanding of emotions. Kaz's physiology gave her the unique opportunity to share a wealth of memories with Zero. A guardian reluctantly agreed to join them on the Phoenix and perform the transference ceremony. Given that Zero was close to having a child of her own Leela could think of none other than Preta. On more than one occasion Leela had referred to Preta as a super mom, with five kids, she was a model of what parenting should be. She lived her life as an accomplished starship designer. But nothing met the accomplishment of those five children.

The Gaurdian stood next to Leela. He had already spent an hour preparing for the transference. Leela was actually excited. It would be her first chance to speak to one of her past hosts.

The Gaurdian lit the ceremonial fire in the middle of Leela's quarters and awaited the arrival of Zero.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:51 am

Zero clenched her trembling hands in the sleeves of her uniform. She was making progress, both in her learning of social skills and in her rehabilitation. It occurred to her that a lot had happened since their last session, where Leela had tried to get her to confront her claustrophobia. Leela's injuries and near death following the Vidiian boarding, and her own experiences with the Romulans.

And now she intends to place a fragment of her psyche into mine in an attempt to teach me what, exactly? the young Augment thought to herself as she made her way along the corridor to the Trill's quarters, ringing the chime as she arrived.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:35 am

Leela smiled to the guardian as the door chimed. They were an interesting go up of Trills, dedicated to the symbiont. He returned a curious smile, but it was clear that the smile wasn't genuine.

"Come in Zero." She called out.

The bright light from the corridor illuminated the dark quarters. The only light in the room was the flame burning softly in the center of the room.

"I was starting to wonder if you were going to show?" She laughed.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:19 am

Stepping into the quarters, Zero stood to attention, warily eyeing the Trill guardian. She wasn't particularly sure that she wanted to be here, to go through with this, but Leela seemed to think that it would help enormously to have an impression of what it was like to have a well adjusted personality sharing her mind for a while.

"It had occurred to me," she admitted, "but I was under the impression that this was an obligation to fulfill."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Leela smiled. "You're right Zero, it wasn't optional."

She moved towards the guardian and motioned towards Zero to come closer. As she moved through the door the light from the corridor quickly vanished, leaving just the fire at the center of the room.

"This is the guardian. Guardians take care of the symbiont, especially when they are out of a host. They also share a special connection with the symbionts. He has the ability to remove the memories from one host, temporarily, into another. He will remove Preta's memories from the symbiont and place them into you. The procedure is completely safe and the memories will be returned following the ceremony. You will be able to spend about 2 hours with Preta's memories. It is best to move your mind to the background and let Preta's personality take over. If at anytime you need to re-assert yourself you can. The hope is that you will be left with a better understanding of a healthy emotional state. She was also very maternal, she had five children and was an amazing mother."

"Do you have any questions before we begin?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Zero's eyes adjusted rapidly to the darkness of the room as she stepped further inside and allowed the door to close behind her. Doubt was starting to cling to her mind even more than it had before. Sharing her mind with another consciousness? The thought of doing so was almost repulsive to her, despite many connections with capable medics at Starfleet Medical.

"I have no questions," she replied.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 pm

The guardian stepped in between the pair and placed one hand behind each of their heads. This ritual seemed ancient. It was an old way in an age of ever-present technology.

" Close your eyes." the guardian instructed.

He then began the ceremony passed down through generations of guardians;

"I'nora, ja'kala Kaz. Ahian'shee Preta tanus rem. Gon'dar Leela tor. Leela, zhian'tara vok. Tu Kaz, zhian'tani ress. Zhian'par, Preta garu'koj."

Small blue orb moved from Leela, through the guardian, and into Zero.

" The transference is complete." He announced. "I just need to ask a question to ensure it was successful. Leela, what was the name of Preta's second born child?"

Leela began to speak but nothing came out. The sensation of having Preta removed from the others was almost overwhelming. "I... I don't remember..." She had been told what to expect but she wasn't prepared for the feelings of emptiness that had overcome her.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Zero flinched as the guardian touched the back of her head, wanting to pull away, but managing to stay put. Resisting would only draw out this foolhardy exercise longer than it needed to be.

Another consciousness enveloped hers, not dissimilar to the connections that had been done back at Medical. Immediately, she gasped, eyes wide as she started to resist it, trying to stay in control of her own thoughts. She wouldn't cede to this invader!

Caught up in her own struggle, she didn't notice the problems that Leela seemed to be having following the removal of the memories of one host.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:44 pm

The balance in the symbiont was beginning to level out and Leela was feeling ore comfortable as each moment passed. However, Zero didn't seem to be fairing as well. The horror of having another entity enter her mind was written all over her face. "Zero... Zero..." Leela tried to speak. The guardian waved dismissively at Leela, instantly silencing her. This was his domain and Leela was dependent on his expertise.

The guardian looked to Zero. " Do you know the name of Preta's second born child?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm

The tendrils of the other consciousness wrapped around Zero's, trying to be comforting, but the young Augment wasn't for being comforted by the presence trying to invade her mind. She was vaguely aware of the guardian asking her a question and was horrified to find her mouth trying to answer him. She resisted strongly, her throat producing a quiet gurgling sound as the two entities battled for control.

"Milos!" she blurted out, the name coming out in a rush as Preta seized the opportunity to speak while Zero had been distracted for a fraction of a second.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Leela smiled as Preta came forward.

The guardian smiled. "I will leave you. Please summon me if there are any difficulties. I will return in a few hours" With a nod her made is leave from the pair.

"Preta." Leela smiled. "It feels so odd having you removed from the others. I can feel the balance restoring itself, but still, it feels strange." Leela moved closer to the augment. She could see Preta in the eyes. Fascinating. She thought.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Preta smiled softly at Leela, lifting one hand to her temple before shaking her head slightly as if to dispel a cobweb. Although the features were Zero's, pale and sharp, the expression was far softer, more confident and maternal than the Augment's hardened expression.

"Juval said something similar when I met him during his Zhin'tara," she reassured Leela. "This is different though, isn't it? This isn't your Zhin'tara." She paused, grimacing slightly. "This host is fighting me quite significantly."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Leela's smile drifted away. "You're right, we have not called you here for the Zhin'tara. I am sorry that the host is fighting you. Hopefully she will subside momentarily. We are here to help the body your are inhabiting. Our hope is that your strong emotions and maternal instincts will leave a lasting impression on the way she interacts with the people around her. It is so great to get to speak with you. I have so many questions! So much I would love to know."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Preta took Leela's hand, patting it in a motherly fashion. "I'll see if I can't get her to calm down long enough for my presence to be of use to her," she said gently. "I'm afraid that might take a while though, she seems to be very scared. Until then, why don't we sit down and see if I can answer your questions?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Leela knew it was Preta, but the sight of Zero clutching her hand was somewhat odd. Zero was an amazing physician but her sensitivity and human touch left much to be desired. The Trill turned her attention to the opportunity to speak with Preta. Meeting a past host was a privilege that was supposed to be reserved for the Zhin'tara. Leela was getting a once in a lifetime honor, early.

"Preta, I would be lying if I didn't say that your influence was strong in my decision to join Starfleet." Leela looked down to her uniform and wondered if she recognized it Starfleet. "You were arguably one of the greatest engineering minds of the 24th century. You implemented design elements that we are still using to this day. What was it like, designing those ships, being an officer in a time when parts of the Alpha Quadrant were largely unexplored? Space was different then, it seemed a lot bigger."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:58 am

The kind smile that spread over Zero's face looked alien on the sharp features far more prone to a scowl than a smile.  

"There will always be millions of lightyears of space to explore," she replied.  "Even though you and those before us have made leaps and bounds in terms of progress since my time, there will always be more to investigate and strive to understand.  To have designed ships that lasted all this time was both a pleasure and an honour."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:14 am

The warm smile and comforting touch seemed out of place on the usually stoic face of the augment but Leela slowly drifted into comfort. She allowed herself to exist in the moment. Preta's presence was obviously moving to the forefront as Zero's essence drifted into the distance.

"It must of been a privilege. I can't even imagine what it must have been like. I can't help but feel that I should ask you some grand, thought-provoking, life changing question. But I'm not sure what that question is. I can remember the Zhin'tara's so well. I often find myself wondering how I will live up to all of these amazing hosts. Lifetimes worth of accomplishment. How did you manage it? Did you have doubts around measuring up to the previous hosts?" She clenched Zero's hand tighter. Leela had hit a moment of uncharacteristic vulnerability. The kind of vulnerability that few have seen. Joined Trills live a life where weakness simply cannot exist and Leela was embracing a conflict, for the first time, that had arisen the moment the memories of the past host flooded into her mind.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:57 pm

"This isn't your Zhin'tara, Leela," Petra reassured her. "You still have time to think about any questions you want to ask me before then. As for trying to measure up to previous hosts, you have to remember that you're a completely different person to them. You have your own goals and hopes to strive for. Your past hosts can help you achieve them, but you should never compare yourself to them." She grimaced again, rubbing her temple. "Thinking of hosts, this one is particularly difficult. She's fighting me, and the memories are quite... unpleasant."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:25 am

"You're right Preta." Leela sighed at the, seemingly, confirmation hat Zero had been in some dark places. Leela had never doubted her assertions, and she certainly believed Corinth was capable of the accused atrocities. Leela clenched her hand tighter. Zero's disdain for physical contact was well documented. It seemed odd having the augment clench her hand so tightly. "I have heard, from Zero, that she has a dark past. She also has a child on the way... And she is scared to death of the implications. Honestly, that's part of the reason we chose you. On more than one occasion, I have referred to you as mother of the century."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:14 am

"I can feel that," Preta replied. "She wants to do well by her child, to raise her well, but doesn't know how. In her mind, this host is no more than a child herself, desperate to please but so often her efforts are punished. I will try to leave behind some impressions on mothering, but it's not something you can teach. This Zero will have to struggle through this as we all did, but she will rely on help from her friends, especially since a... Jiseth? Yes, Jiseth is no longer here to provide that support."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 am

"Jiseth." Leela pondered for a moment. They had never been close, frankly, Leela didn't care for her. However, she knew that Zero relied heavily on her for support. Without her, raising Callion would clearly be difficult. "Maybe you're right Preta, maybe we can't teach her t be a good parent. But I do believe that we can impart your experience. Maybe she can't feel the compassion, but perhaps she can gain experience through mimicking your interactions."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Preta sighed quietly. "Zero will have to find her own path to tread when it comes to raising her child, Leela. I brought my children up as I wanted to and was lucky that they all turned out to be brilliant. I have no doubt that this Callion of hers will be loved my more people than just her mother, and Zero will try her hardest to provide her daughter with the best life she can." In an uncharacteristic gesture for the body she was inhabiting, Preta reached out to touch Leela's cheek. "I know you'll help her and, even though she'll throw temper tantrums and shout and tell you that she doesn't need help, she will."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 pm

As the pale hand fell from her cheek Leela clutched the hand into hers and brought it in, close to her chest. A single tear streamed gently down her cheek. "The truth is, I don't know how to help her. I still don't understand how I came into this mess, but its done now. I'm here. And I don't have the slightest clue how to make the situation better. Zero is like a child, in so many ways. She doesn't grasp the most basic of social ques. But on the other hand she is a genius. She is capable of feats that I once thought impossible." She removed one of her hands from Zero's and brushed away a second tear before it could descend down her cheek. "I just wish I knew how to help her, help herself."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Preta smiled slightly, in an almost maternal fashion, at Leela. It was certainly a strange expression to see on the face of a young woman known for her hostile barbs and ice-princess persona.

"Somehow, I think that this child she's so scared for will do her good. She'll be experiencing the world at the same time as her daughter will, and will learn about it through her eyes. But she'll have questions, and a lot of them. I believe the best thing you can do is continue to build on what an individual she thinks of as Gavin began. He was placed in much the same situation as you. Be the influence she can trust without question to give her the answers she needs. Nudge her into situations that will give her questions to ask."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 pm

The tears diminished. "But Preta, I don't even want children of my own. I don't understand what its like. How can I possibly help her be a better mother. That's why I had this crazy plan of letting you come forward. I thought, just maybe, that you would be able to leave her with a motherly instinct. Something that she could carry with her."

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Today at 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down

...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: