Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:12 pm

"Sh, sh, sh," Preta said reassuringly, patting Leela's hand. "Your task isn't the child, Leela. Your task is the mother. There are others who will help her to raise the child. You must be there for Zero and support her while she attempts to support her child." The Trill-in-an-Augment's body sighed quietly. "If you were to take a walk inside this mind, there is so much fear, so much confusion. She wants to please, but how escapes her."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:34 pm

Leela was beginning to calm down. "She has shared some of her experiences and I know she is frightened. She acts as if demise is around every corner. I only wish that I better knew what he did to her. I feel like I could help her better if I did." She was quiet for a moment as she ollected her thoughts. "If Gavin couldn't help, why should I be so arrogant to believe I can do what he couldn't?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Preta gave another quiet sigh. "I wish I could tell you all the things you wish to know about Zero's past, but we would be here far longer than the guardian would allow. Know that he did a lot of harm to her, and hid it by telling her that it was normal, that they were procedures that everyone submitted to, even went as far as to create consent forms for her to sign. She didn't have any other frame of reference to know that they were not even close to normal."

As the conversation turned to Gavin, she patted Leela's hand again. "Gavin was reassigned to a different ship and now has other concerns. You're not competing against him. You're working with her in a far different manner with far different goals. You shouldn't worry about that."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:48 pm

Leela sighed. "Thank you Preta. I guess I just needed to know that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I think I was afraid that she couldn't be helped. But now that I know its possible, I think I may be more determined than ever."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:08 am

"She has spent so many years being told that she's beyond help and truly believes it. It will take a lot of perseverance on your part to change that thinking," Preta warned before smiling softly. "I'm sure you're up to the task and, although she will fight you and insult you every step of the way, she is grateful for your efforts to free her and her daughter from Starfleet Medical."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:15 am

Leela opened her mouth and began to speak when a sound cut her off. The door opened allowing light from the corridor to enter the room. The guardian stepped through the doorway and said in his soft voice. "It's time." The Guardian stepped into the room and the door slid closed behind him. He looked to Leela first. "I hope you were able to get what you needed from this?"

Leela looked deep into Preta's eyes. "I... I think we accomplished what we set out to. Are you ready Preta?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:23 am

Preta inclined her head to Leela and the guardian. "Your Zero will have quite the headache once I leave. I hope you're prepared to deal with it!"

Giving Leela's hand one last pat, she got to her feet, moving into position so that the guardian could remove Preta's memories and presence from Zero's mind and return control of the body back to the Augment.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Zero and Leela both took their positions on either side of the guardian. He placed a hand Behinds each of their heads and began to speak.

"I'nora, ja'kala Kaz. Ahian'shee Preta tanus rem. Gon'dar Leela tor. Leela, zhian'tara vok. Tu Kaz, zhian'tani ress. Zhian'par, Preta garu'koj."

A blue orb traveled from Zero up his arm and into Leela. Zeros head dropped for a moment as Leela closed her eyes.

As there orb ran down her spots and back into the symbiont Leela's eyes opened back up. With a deep breathe she began to speak as the memories began to re-assimilate back into the symbiont.

"Zero... Zero..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 pm

As the memories left Zero's mind, there was a great sense of relief in her conscience, the removal of a great weight and presence from her shoulders. The Guardian's hand left her shoulder and she slowly folded in on herself, collapsing to the deck plates.

The moment of unconsciousness lasted only a handful of heartbeats, but it was enough to disorientate the young Augment. Her head certainly ached enough, almost as if Corinth had put her through another forced telepathic test. Hearing her name, she tilted her head to one side, then opened her eyes to look up at the Trill.

"That was most unpleasant."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:38 pm

Leela chuckled and looked to the Guardian. "Yep, she is okay." She stepped back from the fire and moved towards a chair in her quarters. Leela, on the other hand, wasn't feeling as well. "I think I... I need to sit..." The young Trill collapsed and fell backwards into the chair. Her mind drifted away from the present and vivid memories began to surface. Memories of the chair, it was very similar to the medical re-creation they had been through the week before. As her body was restrained sweat began to pour. Leela fought the memory and was able to bring herself back into the present. She woke up in the chair in her quarters, covered in sweat, and struggling to breathe. As she regained control the Guardian hovered over her. " Are you okay?" The guardian quickly inquired.

Leela looked up into his eyes and then moved her head to focus in on Zero. "He... He was locking me into the chair. I saw his face. It was Corinth." The panic on the Trills face seemed to tell the story. It had quickly become apparent that Preta's memories weren't the only memories returned to her.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Getting back to her feet from the deck plates, Zero shook her head in an effort to dispel the fog still lingering from the void suddenly left behind. Hearing Leela having problems of some sort, her medical side perked up its ears. Or at least it did, until she realised just why Leela was having problems. She shied away slightly, unwilling to face up to the memory she knew Leela must be experiencing.

It had been during her last visit to Starfleet Medical. Corinth had wanted to see what it was that Zero had been keeping from him, so he had restrained her in the chair and had one of his Vulcan associates come in to delve into her mind as they had done before on many occasions. Each time, it brought nothing but pain and anguish and the sensation that she had been stripped down beyond even her skin, reduced to nothing more than a lab rat with a particularly interesting reaction to something.

The experience with having the Trill's previous host taking over her mind must have brought it back to the surface.

Taking a deep breath, Zero moved over to Leela, warily kneeling in front of her. "Corinth... Corinth does not wish you harm, Leela. It is to me that he performed those acts. You are safe from him."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:57 pm

As Zero and the Guardian moved closer Leela was stricken with sudden panic. She began to shuffle back into the chair to get further away from the pair. The guardian backed off and stepped away. Leela began to murmur. "The memories, I can see it." Leela wiped her eyes and looked to Zero. "I can see it Zero. Its not supposed to happen. I shouldn't get your memories!"

The guardian looked to Zero. " It must have something to do with your unique physiology. There is nothing I can do." He whispered to Zero.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:11 pm

As soon as she noticed the beginnings of panic in Leela, Zero pushed the guardian further away. "Then leave. I am a doctor. I am qualified to care for her more than you are." With that done, she backed away from Leela herself, going through what she knew she would have wanted in the situation that the Trill was reliving.

Taking a chair from the table, she sat herself a metre or so from Leela, to the side of her rather than in front or behind. Those places were predatory, confrontational. She took a deep breath.

"My apologies. I would not wish those experiences on any individual. Please, attempt to breathe deeply and evenly. Focus on my presence, not the memories."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:25 pm

The guardian watched in shock as Zero pushed him aside. " Very well, if you need me you can reach me through the communication system. I will retire to my quarters for the time being." He turned around and exited the room.

Leela took a deep breathe. "Its not your fault Zero. I knew that there were certain risk. I never realized how traumatic this was." Leela laid back on the chair and was slowly coming back into reality.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Completely ignoring the guardian's exit, Zero concentrated on Leela, and how Leela was dealing with the memories forced on her.

"If you are capable of seeing more memories, attempt to focus on more than Corinth. Attempt... Attempt to focus on my... my dancing. The sensations of the music and movements, the precision and tempo, the freedom and the grace." It was a great leap of faith for Zero to tell Leela about her ballet. She had kept it a secret for so long, afraid to let anyone else know about it. Of course, Corinth had found out and forbidden her from dancing any more, but she still dreamed of it sometimes. But they were good memories. Memories Leela could focus on and help her calm down.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Leela decided to take her advice and closed her eyes. Her mind drifted deep into the recesses of the new found memories. "I can see it, Zero." A slight smile appeared on her face. "Its beautiful. I can hear the music. I never realized that you had these skills, Zero, I remember how it felt. Or, how you felt. It was your freedom."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Zero smiled softly, remembering how it had felt to pirouette and leap and tiptoe through the routines. Of course, she wasn't allowed to do that any more, no matter how much she wanted to.

"It was glorious," she agreed. "I truly loved to dance, and yet I did not wish anyone to know. Unfortunately, what she had hoped to avoid had happened anyway. "Do you feel calmer? With the tempo of the music to guide your heart and feet?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 pm

With her eyes still closed Leela began to sway back and forth as the music played in her mind. Her logical side took over and she sat up. Her eyes opened and she placed her elbows on her knees. "Thanks Zero, that helped." She took another deep breathe "I never realized how much joy one could get from dancing, remind me to take it up. This must be how you've managed all these years. Otherwise, I don't know. I can't get the images out of my head!"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:49 am

Now that Leela seemed to have come out of the panic and fear that the onslaught of memories, Zero offered her a slight smile. She didn't really know what to say. She knew the memories well, having lived through it, but she didn't believe she could apologise enough for Leela having to live through them.

"Perhaps..." she swallowed hard, fear flashing across her face. "Perhaps... you would like to come and dance? It assisted me greatly before... before I was forced to give it up."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Leela looked up to Zero. She had never danced before. "Zero, I don't know how..." She paused. The memories of dancing in the empty rooms of Starfleet Medical trickled to the surface. She could feel her hair swaying as her body moved along with the music. "Or maybe I do know how. Lets do it, Zero." Memories were powerful. Ever since becoming joined she was amazed at the new acquired skills.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Nodding to Leela, Zero got to her feet and, after waiting for the Trill to do the same, led her out of the dim quarters toward the holodecks. Once there, she keyed in a program, but then seemed to hesitate, as if she was unwilling to even step up to the doors to open them.

"When Corinth discovered that I enjoyed dancing, he forbade me from ever doing so again. If he caught me dancing while I was in his custody, I would be placed in the box. He ensured that this program was destroyed. When Jiseth discovered this, she retrieved fragments of data from the computer to rebuild it. She... she shouted at me when I informed her that I was to afraid to use it. I have not used it since she recreated it."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Leela followed Zero through the corridors. She shuddered at the mention of the infamous box. "Zero, if you don't mind I would prefer if we didn't discuss the box right now. The memories are congealing and talking about it is brining up flashbacks." She placed a hand on Zero's shoulder. "Forget it, lets go revive some old habits." Leela stepped through the doors. "Computer begin program." The trill ordered.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Zero winced slightly as she realised that Leela would now know exactly why she was so afraid of the box. The hours she had spent in that box, crouched on the balls of her feet, the top of it pressing her down so that every breath caused her knees to dig into her chest, her head tucked in with her hands clasped on the back of her neck, the rough wood digging into her on all sides... She shuddered, shaking off the memories.

Leela pushed on, starting the program. Taking a deep breath, Zero stepped inside the holodeck, back into the familiar surroundings. The room was large, lined on three sides with floor-to-ceiling mirrors, the fourth, the one opposite the holodeck doors one large window overlooking a beach and the ocean. Even as she stepped onto the polished, pale golden wood floors, Zero felt tension leaving her shoulders. She ran a hand over one of the use-worn bars, smiling slightly.

"This program brought me much joy."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Leela smiled as the room transformed. She had acquired many memories of this place. Leela moved to the window and gazed on the ocean below. "Its quite beautiful, Zero. I can remember the hours that you whiled away in here. Its the only place I have a recollection of you smiling. Why is that Zero? Is there nothing else that brings you joy?" She didn't turn as she addressed the augment. She just continued to gaze at the oceanic vista below.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Zero looked down at the bars, remembering the hours she had spent holding on to them, stretching and practising.  She had come into ballet through jealousy, after watching a video clip on the library computer, but she had stayed once she had discovered a love for it.

"This is the only room in which I do not cover the mirrors," she murmured.  Even in her quarters, she had always kept the mirrors covered, unwilling to look at herself.  "The only place in which I am not... abnormal.  If I were to ask the computer to provide me with other dancers so as to perform as a group, they are all close to me in appearance.  Even the females on the films on the computer, they resemble me.  In this room... the only expectations are those I have of myself.  I believed that I would be permitted to pursue perfection in this room as that is what is expected of all dancers."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Today at 6:48 am

Back to top Go down

...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: