Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Captain's Log - Stardate 55780.7

Since our last mission was aborted due to the presence of Vidiians, Admiral Deacon has sent us back out to the transwarp conduit to have another look.  Our orders are to retreat immediately should we encounter any more hostile vessels, although I hope we don't.  With a little luck, we should be able to collect enough data to keep the scientists in Starfleet occupied for a good few months.


[Captain's Ready Room]

Archangel sat behind her desk, rubbing her brow ridges.  Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork.  She was still filling it in following all the repairs from their encounter with the Vidiians.  She was glad to see on the casualty reports that Leela Kaz was back on duty, and Deela Ayora had been transferred to Starbase Athena for better treatment.  With Deela's absence, she had field promoted Safefta to Lieutenant Junior Grade so that she could take over the department temporarily.

She sat back in her chair for a moment, then got up, making her way onto the bridge.  Sometimes, you just had to take a break.

"Any sign of Vidiians?" she asked Commander Rellek.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:14 pm

[Main Engineering]

"That's good," Gabriel nodded, watching the levels on their newly-installed primary shield generator. Fortunately, the Phoenix had been able to stop off at a nearby colony world to receive the raw internal materials. They could have been replicated, but he always felt it was better to get the thing from the source. The stop had also been necessitated by the unfortunate departure of their security chief, Deela.

The standard optimization cycle finished itself, and Gabriel finally breathed a sigh of relief. Of course, the shields worked...but he had to fight the need to check and re-check them every day since bringing everything back on-line.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:00 pm

[Sickbay]

Well. Conor wondered just how he'd managed to make it this long aboard the ship without having to do the dreaded physical check-up, but he supposed he could put it off no longer. Fortunately, he knew he was in optimal health. It was just a matter of course and standard procedure. Stretching, Conor stood up from the table. One of the medical staff would have his results soon, and he could get the hell out of here. If he was honest with himself, Conor would admit that he wasn't looking forward to working with Captain T'Koris as her yeoman. It was a necessary thing, though...especially if he was going to pursue his own commission any time soon.

Conor cast a bored glance over sickbay, taking note of everyone in it. He could be sure that he'd seen a walking snake in here, earlier. His brown eyes passed over a young Trill officer, and then quickly returned to her. Perhaps this wait would not be so interminable if he could share the time with a pretty woman. Perhaps his day was looking up, after all.

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


She sat back in her chair for a moment, then got up, making her way onto the bridge.  Sometimes, you just had to take a break.

"Any sign of Vidiians?" she asked Commander Rellek.

[Bridge]

Recent events had given the young first officer a new resolve to neutralize the Vidiian threat. Having seen their work first hand, she knew they had to be stopped. She couldn't help but to imagine the horror that would be unleashed if they were to stumble on one of the remote colonies, with limited defenses.

Julia had began to grow into her new role. She had matured quickly with the recent events. With that, came a deeper understanding of what her colleagues who had survived the front lines of war had dealt with. She had only gotten a small taste, but these people had been inundated for months on end without reprieve.

With recent events the relaxed environment on the bridge had become more rigid. Julia stood up as the Captain entered the bridge. "There have been no signs of any Vidiian vessels, sir. We have maintained yellow alert and are still on a intercept course with the transwarp aperture."

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:24 am

Conor Terell wrote:
[Sickbay]

Well.  Conor wondered just how he'd managed to make it this long aboard the ship without having to do the dreaded physical check-up, but he supposed he could put it off no longer.  Fortunately, he knew he was in optimal health.  It was just a matter of course and standard procedure.  Stretching, Conor stood up from the table.  One of the medical staff would have his results soon, and he could get the hell out of here.  If he was honest with himself, Conor would admit that he wasn't looking forward to working with Captain T'Koris as her yeoman.  It was a necessary thing, though...especially if he was going to pursue his own commission any time soon.

Conor cast a bored glance over sickbay, taking note of everyone in it.  He could be sure that he'd seen a walking snake in here, earlier.  His brown eyes passed over a young Trill officer, and then quickly returned to her.  Perhaps this wait would not be so interminable if he could share the time with a pretty woman.  Perhaps his day was looking up, after all.

Leela had been visiting Zero for one of her many follow-up appointments following her traumatic run in with an explosion in engineering. While she stood near a biobed awaiting the return of Zero with her test results she noticed the captains new Yeoman enter sickbay. She flashed him a slight smile and nod. She knew the look in his eyes all to well. She could tell that this would lead to an entertaining encounter. Kids... She thought.

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
With recent events the relaxed environment on the bridge had become more rigid. Julia stood up as the Captain entered the bridge. "There have been no signs of any Vidiian vessels, sir. We have maintained yellow alert and are still on a intercept course with the transwarp aperture."  

[Bridge]

"Excellent," Archangel replied with a slight nod to her first officer. Since their encounter with the Vidiians, she had been keeping a close eye on the young commander, knowing that she had had little experience with combat previously. Such things could easily become serious traumas if one didn't know how to deal with it. At some point, she was going to have to sit down with Julia and find out how she was holding up.

Turning to address the bridge at large, she said: "When we get to the site of the conduit, remember that we're here for a look-and-don't-touch. Gather as much data as you can on it without putting us in danger. Science, liaise with operations and helm as necessary. Tactical, you're responsible for risk assessment and keeping eyes out for the Vidiians."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela had been visiting Zero for one of her many follow-up appointments following her traumatic run in with an explosion in engineering. While she stood near a biobed awaiting the return of Zero with her test results she noticed the captains new Yeoman enter sickbay. She flashed him a slight smile and nod. She knew the look in his eyes all to well. She could tell that this would lead to an entertaining encounter. Kids... She thought.


[Sickbay]

Carrying a PADD, Zero returned to the main body of sickbay where her patient was waiting for the verdict on her condition.  Leela had been on ground zero to a console explosion during the run in with the Vidiians and sustained severe plasma burns as well as internal bruising to her symbiont.  Since a joined Trill's physiology could be notoriously sensitive, extra time and care had been taken to ensure that everything had healed up properly.

Ignoring the other gold shirt waiting, the young Augment walked up to Leela, giving her a curt nod.  "There is no longer any significant evidence of your injuries.  You are free to return to duty.  However, should you experience any discomfort with your symbiont, return here so that we may look further into it."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:


Leela had been visiting Zero for one of her many follow-up appointments following her traumatic run in with an explosion in engineering. While she stood near a biobed awaiting the return of Zero with her test results she noticed the captains new Yeoman enter sickbay. She flashed him a slight smile and nod. She knew the look in his eyes all to well. She could tell that this would lead to an entertaining encounter. Kids... She thought.

[Sickbay]

"People complain about the food in hospitals all the time," Conor said, flashing the Trill a winning grin as he approached her. "But I can't even get sandwich one in here." He'd not been on board very long, and hadn't had a chance to meet very many of his fellow crewmembers. "Conor Terell, security," he added, offering his hand for a shake.

One person that he knew, at least by reputation, was Zero Alpha, and she came brushing past him. Conor wasn't sure which he would have preferred - the pale woman ignoring him, or looking at him like he was a stray speck of dirt. Somehow, she managed to do both.

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Bridge]

"Excellent," Archangel replied with a slight nod to her first officer.  Since their encounter with the Vidiians, she had been keeping a close eye on the young commander, knowing that she had had little experience with combat previously.  Such things could easily become serious traumas if one didn't know how to deal with it.  At some point, she was going to have to sit down with Julia and find out how she was holding up.

Turning to address the bridge at large, she said:  "When we get to the site of the conduit, remember that we're here for a look-and-don't-touch.  Gather as much data as you can on it without putting us in danger.  Science, liaise with operations and helm as necessary.  Tactical, you're responsible for risk assessment and keeping eyes out for the Vidiians."

T'Lara entered the bridge just as the captain gave her orders. Relieving the crewman at Science II, she sat down and began a long range sensor sweep. Sitting silently, she began deciphering the information coming in. So far there was nothing to report, since they weren't in range of the conduit yet.

_______________________________
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:52 pm

[Sickbay]

It had been another sleepless night for the Selay doctor as he looked over and updated the medical records of Commander Deela. As it turned out, someone losing their heart was a big deal and it required immediate updating of their medical file. She was receiving proper treatment on Starbase Athena for now. As he updated the file, he wondered whether making a Big Mountain joke would be in poor taste.

Once that was finished, he turned his attention to the ever-monotonous crew physical examination records. The most recent one was administered to a Petty Officer Terell, the Captain’s yeoman. Overall, he seemed to be in good shape, almost a prime physical specimen (for a Human, anyway).

“Petty Officer Terell,” he said aloud, beckoning to the crewman. “Your physssical resssultsss are in.”

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Technical Precision
Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:14 pm

[Bridge]

Buris was sitting in the chair on the Bridge, more than a little annoyed that the Captain had now demanded that if he was going to stay aboard Phoenix, he'd be on the Bridge.  He thought back to a few years ago on the Wellington, when he would have killed to be sitting where he was now - and the New Orleans was set up much the same as the Galaxy and the Nebula... so, either where he was or at the back of the Bridge at Engineering I or II.  He wasn't going to file a transfer request until things got bad, and the Chief had told him that her opinion was just to dial it back a bit.

So for his last few shifts, he'd been sitting in absolute silence - saying nothing except what was needed; and that seemed to shut these people up.  They all knew each other, and had no use for him.  Quite frankly, he was starting to get a similar opinion of them - that the Admiral had been right to take over, and should have stayed longer.  It was an unhappy situation, that he felt so disconnected from the Captain and the crew; and an untenable one for an Operations officer.  As the representative of Ops on the Bridge, he needed to be able to organize ship-wide efforts, and right now it seemed that they preferred to do that in spite of him, not because of him.  What they'd been through had hardened them as a group, but that didn't make it easy when the Fleet sent new officers their way - especially ones who'd led a department before.

He didn't bother trying to crane his neck, or even look away from his board when the Captain spoke.  But he decided this was the day he'd break his sullen silence.  "Captain, should I signal the Torpedo room to ready a Class Two probe?"

_______________________________
Click the card for more info!
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
He didn't bother trying to crane his neck, or even look away from his board when the Captain spoke.  But he decided this was the day he'd break his sullen silence.  "Captain, should I signal the Torpedo room to ready a Class Two probe?"

[Bridge]

Archangel looked up from a report she had been reading at the sound of Ensign Kejal's voice from the operations station. It was actually quite a surprise to hear him. Since their little chat in her ready room, he had sat at his station during duty shifts with a sour look on his face and a sullen tone when he spoke. Thankfully, the fact that he had been unwilling to speak unless he absolutely had to deliver information meant that he hadn't overstepped his mark again in terms of his authority on the bridge. Of course, his attitude had just alienated him from all of the other bridge officers. No doubt he blamed her and the rest of the crew for that.

Suppressing the urge to sigh at the attitude he was once again displaying, the victim position he was determined to hold, she turned her head to look at his station.

"Affirmative, Ensign. Tell them to launch the probe when ready."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:53 am

Kintiss wrote:


It had been another sleepless night for the Selay doctor as he looked over and updated the medical records of Commander Deela. As it turned out, someone losing their heart was a big deal and it required immediate updating of their medical file. She was receiving proper treatment on Starbase Athena for now. As he updated the file, he wondered whether making a Big Mountain joke would be in poor taste.

Once that was finished, he turned his attention to the ever-monotonous crew physical examination records. The most recent one was administered to a Petty Officer Terell, the Captain’s yeoman. Overall, he seemed to be in good shape, almost a prime physical specimen (for a Human, anyway).

“Petty Officer Terell,” he said aloud, beckoning to the crewman. “Your physssical resssultsss are in.”

[Sickbay]

Conor blinked as Kintiss approached him, covering it quickly with one of his numerous smiles. It was almost like he kept them in a wardrobe in his mind, ready to be plucked out for just the right occasion. This one happened to be 'cover up the fact that you got startled by a walking snake-man'. Not one of the more common occurrences, granted. "Thank you, sir," he nodded. "I assume I'm fit for duty? Or will I have to try and take a job on a Klingon garbage scow?"

In his line of work as both a sec/tac crewman and as a potential candidate for officer school, he knew he had to maintain cool aplomb at all times. Still, there just weren't many Selay in Starfleet. So few, in fact, that he'd had to call back on his days of high school xenology just to remember what they were called.


_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:11 am

[Engineering]

There were some days when Gabriel wished that he had more than two hands. Sometimes, he wondered what it would be like to be an Edosian. Or were they Triexians? Gabriel wasn't sure. He was an engineer, not a...well. Right. One thing was for sure - his wife would certainly be surprised by the extra hand.

The mental image bolstered his mood a little, but thoughts of the ship brought it back to reality. That reality was, of course, that Starfleet Command had fast-tracked their return to the Vidiians' aperture as soon as possible, leaving them barely enough time to drop their critically-injured crew off, make a few requisitions, and be off. Which meant that several repairs had had to be made on the fly. Which meant that here they were, sitting at yellow alert, and still hunting bugs.

He scanned the latest reports from his work crews. Coolant manifolds had been re-installed to several of the main phaser banks. Their automatic fire suppression programs had received more redundancy backups, though Gabriel sometimes felt that it only made them more likely to foul up. Most importantly, shield generators two, six, and seven had been given complete overhauls, and were online and functioning normally.

Filing his report and sending it to the captain, Gabriel sighed a small breath of relief as he waited for the next crisis.

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:



[Sickbay]

Carrying a PADD, Zero returned to the main body of sickbay where her patient was waiting for the verdict on her condition.  Leela had been on ground zero to a console explosion during the run in with the Vidiians and sustained severe plasma burns as well as internal bruising to her symbiont.  Since a joined Trill's physiology could be notoriously sensitive, extra time and care had been taken to ensure that everything had healed up properly.

Ignoring the other gold shirt waiting, the young Augment walked up to Leela, giving her a curt nod.  "There is no longer any significant evidence of your injuries.  You are free to return to duty.  However, should you experience any discomfort with your symbiont, return here so that we may look further into it."

[Sickbay]

"Thanks Zero." Leela gave her friend a warm smile. "I'm glad to hear there shouldn't be any lasting complications."

She then moved towards the door and turned her attention to the young security officer standing near her.

Conor Terrell wrote:
"People complain about the food in hospitals all the time," Conor said, flashing the Trill a winning grin as he approached her. "But I can't even get sandwich one in here." He'd not been on board very long, and hadn't had a chance to meet very many of his fellow crewmembers. "Conor Terell, security," he added, offering his hand for a shake.

One person that he knew, at least by reputation, was Zero Alpha, and she came brushing past him. Conor wasn't sure which he would have preferred - the pale woman ignoring him, or looking at him like he was a stray speck of dirt. Somehow, she managed to do both.

Leela nodded as he introduced himself and returned the gesture. "Ensign Kaz, Leela, if you prefer." She shot a quick smile. It was obvious to her that he was expressing an interest in her and she decided to see where things would head. "I'm down in engineering... And your right the food service here in sickbay is deplorable." A light chuckle escaped as she shot a look over her shoulder and back to her friend Zero. "Eh Zero?"


_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Thanks Zero." Leela gave her friend a warm smile. "I'm glad to hear there shouldn't be any lasting complications."

She then moved towards the door and turned her attention to the young security officer standing near her.

Leela nodded as he introduced himself and returned the gesture. "Ensign Kaz, Leela, if you prefer." She shot a quick smile. It was obvious to her that he was expressing an interest in her and she decided to see where things would head. "I'm down in engineering... And your right the food service here in sickbay is deplorable." A light chuckle escaped as she shot a look over her shoulder and back to her friend Zero. "Eh Zero?"

[Sickbay]

Hearing Leela starting to interact with the other gold shirt who had come into sickbay, apparently for a physical, Zero looked up from her PADD so as to observe their behaviour. Humanoid interactions were still very much a mystery to her and the more chances she got to observe it, the better.

She tried to hide the expression of surprise and faint guilt that appeared on her face as Leela looked over to her, a little embarrassed that the Trill might have caught her staring and mentally taking notes on their actions.

"I would not know," she replied in her usual clipped tone. "I do not consume nutrition here."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:


Leela nodded as he introduced himself and returned the gesture. "Ensign Kaz, Leela, if you prefer." She shot a quick smile. It was obvious to her that he was expressing an interest in her and she decided to see where things would head. "I'm down in engineering... And your right the food service here in sickbay is deplorable." A light chuckle escaped as she shot a look over her shoulder and back to her friend Zero. "Eh Zero?"

[Sickbay]

Stretching idly, Conor waited for Kintiss to return with the results of his physical. He didn't expect anything unexpected, but...well, that was what made things unexpected. "Leela it is, then," he replied, smiling. "Always good to get to know a fellow goldshirt...even if you build things and I blow them up. We're the ones that let the maroon necks get all the glory, huh?"

Zero Alpha wrote:
Hearing Leela starting to interact with the other gold shirt who had come into sickbay, apparently for a physical, Zero looked up from her PADD so as to observe their behaviour. Humanoid interactions were still very much a mystery to her and the more chances she got to observe it, the better.

She tried to hide the expression of surprise and faint guilt that appeared on her face as Leela looked over to her, a little embarrassed that the Trill might have caught her staring and mentally taking notes on their actions.

"I would not know," she replied in her usual clipped tone. "I do not consume nutrition here."

"Smart," Conor added, nodding at Zero. The pale girl was exceptionally lovely...almost too much so. He thought back to his school days, and to the story about the girl statue that came to life. It made him a little uncomfortable, to be honest.

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:18 am

Conor Terell wrote:


[Sickbay]

Stretching idly, Conor waited for Kintiss to return with the results of his physical.  He didn't expect anything unexpected, but...well, that was what made things unexpected.  "Leela it is, then," he replied, smiling.  "Always good to get to know a fellow goldshirt...even if you build things and I blow them up.  We're the ones that let the maroon necks get all the glory, huh?"



"Smart," Conor added, nodding at Zero.  The pale girl was exceptionally lovely...almost too much so.  He thought back to his school days, and to the story about the girl statue that came to life.  It made him a little uncomfortable, to be honest.

[Sickbay]

Zero had, yet again, missed the subtlety in Leela's comments. She decided to let it go and skip over the comments entirely. Leela wasn't surprised by his attitude, he was so young. In time, she knew that he would learn that it wasn't about glory. It was more about honor and loyalty. Commitment to the cause, but it takes time. "Something like that, Crewman. Or do you prefer Conor?"

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Conor Terell wrote:
Conor blinked as Kintiss approached him, covering it quickly with one of his numerous smiles.  It was almost like he kept them in a wardrobe in his mind, ready to be plucked out for just the right occasion.  This one happened to be 'cover up the fact that you got startled by a walking snake-man'.  Not one of the more common occurrences, granted.  "Thank you, sir," he nodded.  "I assume I'm fit for duty?  Or will I have to try and take a job on a Klingon garbage scow?"

And there it was. The blink of unfamiliarity. Truth be told, Kintiss was used to it. Not many Selay in active service, after all.

"I think, even if you were the peak of human fitnessss, the Klingonssss ssstill wouldn't have you." He didn't know how well that joke would go over, or even if it counted as a joke. "But, yesss, you are fit for duty."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Kintiss wrote:

And there it was. The blink of unfamiliarity. Truth be told, Kintiss was used to it. Not many Selay in active service, after all.

"I think, even if you were the peak of human fitnessss, the Klingonssss ssstill wouldn't have you." He didn't know how well that joke would go over, or even if it counted as a joke. "But, yesss, you are fit for duty."

[Sickbay]

"Hmm..." Conor grinned, shrugging a little. "You mean...I'm not the peak of human fitness?" He gestured expansively, winking at the snake-man. "News to me..." Conor scanned through the physical results, finally adding his thumb-signature on the bottom. He handed the padd back to the medical officer. "Thanks. No offense...but I hope I don't have to see you again any time soon."

Leela Kaz wrote:
Zero had, yet again, missed the subtlety in Leela's comments. She decided to let it go and skip over the comments entirely. Leela wasn't surprised by his attitude, he was so young. In time, she knew that he would learn that it wasn't about glory. It was more about honor and loyalty. Commitment to the cause, but it takes time. "Something like that, Crewman. Or do you prefer Conor?"

He turned back to Kaz, smiling apologetically. "Conor will do just fine," he nodded. "Of course, you can call me whatever you want...seeing as how you outrank me." Conor nodded toward the sickbay doors. "I'm due on the bridge soon. Walk you to the turbolift?"

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Conor Terell wrote:


[Sickbay]

He turned back to Kaz, smiling apologetically.  "Conor will do just fine," he nodded.  "Of course, you can call me whatever you want...seeing as how you outrank me."  Conor nodded toward the sickbay doors.  "I'm due on the bridge soon.  Walk you to the turbolift?"  

[Sickbay]

Leela let out a crooked grin and began to follow Conor to the doors. Before she passed through the doors she looked back to Zero. "I'll talk to you later, Zero." She was clearly hinting at some impending woman to woman gossip. She was relatively certain that the subtlety of her statement would be lost to Zero, but she couldn't resist the urge.

The door opened, revealing the corridor. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind the company." She placed her hands behind her back and began a slow stroll towards the turbo lift. "I'm sure Gabe is anxious for my help in the Engine Room. Today is my first full day back, since the accident. I secretly think he goes stir crazy down there when I'm not around. Engineering is full of kids, their good, but still kids."

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 pm

[Bridge]

Julia stood over T'Lara's shoulder at science 2 and watched the telemetry come in from the probe. The data scrolled across the screen. "It's definitely Borg," Julia whispered to herself. "Look at those particles." She pointed to the screen. "See the displacement, T'Lara? This has been used recently. But I don't see any Borg signatures. Study the data, crewman, see what else you can find." With a slight pat on T'Lara's shoulder Julia made her way back to the center of the bridge. "Lieutenant Pardek, Ensign Kejal; keep an eye out for company. We don't want any unexpected visitors."

She leaned in close to T'Koris, so that only she could hear her words. "This is definitely how the Vidiians are coming into the Alpha Quadrant. I'll be interested to see what the data reveals, but following a cursory glance. I would say we're talking dozens of vessels. We might have a problem?"

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
She leaned in close to T'Koris, so that only she could hear her words. "This is definitely how the Vidiians are coming into the Alpha Quadrant. I'll be interested to see what the data reveals, but following a cursory glance. I would say we're talking dozens of vessels. We might have a problem?"

[Bridge]

Archangel had quietly been observing her first officer as she delegated tasks. They were getting closer and closer to the transwarp conduit now, starting to be able to pick up pieces of data about the artificial phenomenon. She folded her arms, her expression neutral. Behind it, she was starting to become concerned. Voyager had encountered a host of hostile species in the Delta Quadrant, many of which the Federation were in no position to fend of at the moment.

"That we could," she murmured in return, fixing her eyes on the viewscreen and the approaching 'problem'. "We know that the Vidiians are coming through but, question is, what else is coming through?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:37 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela let out a crooked grin and began to follow Conor to the doors. Before she passed through the doors she looked back to Zero. "I'll talk to you later, Zero." She was clearly hinting at some impending woman to woman gossip. She was relatively certain that the subtlety of her statement would be lost to Zero, but she couldn't resist the urge.

[Sickbay]

Leela was right in thinking that the subtlety of her statement would fly right over the young medic's head as it proceeded to do so with great velocity. Zero stood with a faintly confused frown on her face for a good few moments before shaking off the sensation and deciding that Leela would most likely explain it to her later.

Walking over to the replicator, she put in the commands for a cup of Raktajino and a glass of water, taking the two recepticles over to where Kintiss had just finished with one of the new crewmembers. She handed the coffee to him without a word, knowing that his caffeine intake was rather high and hoping that he would appreciate another dose. She was still learning about interpersonal interactions and the thought of taking care of others outwith her job specifications, but Leela was trying to help her make progress on that front.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 am

Leela Kaz wrote:


[Sickbay]

Leela let out a crooked grin and began to follow Conor to the doors. Before she passed through the doors she looked back to Zero. "I'll talk to you later, Zero." She was clearly hinting at some impending woman to woman gossip. She was relatively certain that the subtlety of her statement would be lost to Zero, but she couldn't resist the urge.

The door opened, revealing the corridor. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind the company." She placed her hands behind her back and began a slow stroll towards the turbo lift. "I'm sure Gabe is anxious for my help in the Engine Room. Today is my first full day back, since the accident. I secretly think he goes stir crazy down there when I'm not around. Engineering is full of kids, their good, but still kids."

[Corridors]

Kids? Conor thought, one brow raising slightly. Leela looked barely older than him, but...well, she was Trill, after all. He couldn't even imagine what it must feel like to have multiple lives crammed in your head. Did she remember them all concurrently, like a logjam of frequencies? Honestly, Conor had never really put that much thought into Trills. Perhaps it was time to do so. And she's attractive, to boot. Win-win?

"Yeah...I heard you all got pretty banged up down there," he quietly replied, a little of his earlier bluster deflating. Conor never had trouble smiling or having fun in life, but he took his job very seriously. "The bridge wasn't a pretty sight, either. Bastards really pantsed us."

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Today at 6:53 am

Back to top Go down
 
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: